Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Keru posted:

all of this is moot if ptn isn't using the ejection TacOps rules, of course

I don't tend to use ejections at all, since most pilots in-fluff will ride their machines to the ground rather than punching out. I do allow for manual ejections, and the auto-ejection kicks in in the case of a case-less ammo explosion, but that's about it. In fluff, nearly everyone goes down with their `Mech.

It's probably completely a coincidence that House Kurita loves machineguns, and not at all because they love using those machineguns to shoot ejecting Mechwarriors in their parachutes.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I think you guys are stressing out about this a bit much. After a month long knock down scenario like this PTN is not going to make the one thing it hinges on be the perfect ooc irl coordination of fifteen people off thread.

Yeah, this. Sure, coordination has never been the strong suit for Goons so far in this LP, even with the GoogleDocs and everything, and especially with the number of players this time around. Still, I trust PTN to not be such an rear end in a top hat where perfect order giving is required, and that he'll ruthlessly exploit any misstep made by the players. He's done it to a lesser extent before, but he wouldn't screw everyone over because of a single empty retreat hex. Yes, fill up as many of them as you can and try not to let enemies into them so as to hasten the retreat, but you don't have to make sure of every contingency...

Zaodai posted:

Coordination has not been their strong suit. Even if PTN doesn't go maximum-tryhard in punishing any mistakes, there's no reason not to at least try to not make the mistake in the first place. After all, the more genuine effort put in, the less likely it becomes that PTN will drop the hammer to punish it.

I applaud them for going through the (admittedly large) amount of effort required to try and coordinate their retreat. Go Goonlance! :gaz:
While this is true, I find the obsession these last couple of turns for making sure that all possible contingencies are accounted for in the retreat has been a bit ridiculous. Sure, they need to retreat with everyone to complete the mission, and the pressure is bearing down on them, what with all those enemy Stars showing up and moving into firing position to harass while GoonMercenary Company pulls back to the tunnel and starts to leave.

Still, while PTN does like to exploit player mistakes, he's already said that he wouldn't go maximum rear end in a top hat-GM this time around and move to block when people are in the process of retreating through the tunnel... By all means, prevent enemy mechs from entering the area and vape any who try. But this minutiae of making sure every hex is full and convoluted movement orders is probably unnecessary

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

Still, while PTN does like to exploit player mistakes, he's already said that he wouldn't go maximum rear end in a top hat-GM this time around and move to block when people are in the process of retreating through the tunnel... By all means, prevent enemy mechs from entering the area and vape any who try. But this minutiae of making sure every hex is full and convoluted movement orders is probably unnecessary

Oh, it's not that I won't.

Is that I can't. As long as there's a friendly `Mech in the hex at the start of the turn, I can't block your escape with anything but an Ace infantry unit. Those hexes will still be occupied when the opforce moves. :haw:

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Unfair vrs clever is both contextual and subjective.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 19, 2016

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

RA Rx posted:

Unfair vrs clever is both contextual and subjective.

They're not mutually in- or exclusive, either.

I'm waiting for the update so I can read about my Stag rolling its ankle on a rock, falling facefirst onto a rock that punctures the cockpit and completely gores my pilot character.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
It's Final Destination IN SPACE

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009

Vorenus posted:

I'm waiting for the update so I can read about my Stag rolling its ankle on a rock, falling facefirst onto a rock that punctures the cockpit and completely gores my pilot character.

How many player character have actually died in the thread? A good number have been shot out of their rides, but actually croaking seems hilariously rare all things considered.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nullkigan posted:

How many player character have actually died in the thread? A good number have been shot out of their rides, but actually croaking seems hilariously rare all things considered.

Didn't one of the trainees get killed during the wolverine training mission thing?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

There have been some headshots - Pooncha had one a few missions ago, and AJ_Impy got an achievement for another.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

It used to be about 50% were shot out, probably down to about 45% now, and the average wounds is a little bit above 3+. I think the average number of pilots killed or missing per mission is around 10-15%?

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 20, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Nullkigan posted:

*Raises hand*

A 1/1 pilot in a 5/8 Star League era cavalry heavy, ate a cERPPC headshot.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Vorenus posted:

Nah, the way your luck has been going you'd smash the cockpit and take two sensor crits so you can't shoot and maybe a hip TAC so you have to hobble your now extra useless machine off the field. It won't kill you, you just can't have guns.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Nullkigan posted:

I'm pretty sure all four from my group survived the nuke going off under their feet.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: never mind, I was misinformed.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 20, 2016

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I never stopped wondering if the pilot I played back in Outfoxed survived his mysterious infection that caused him to hallucinate the aliens from Far Country, but I suppose he survived the mission proper. If we also include the tank crews from that sludge factory brawl in the official count that's really going to tilt the numbers, because those poor bastards were slaughtered by the bucket.

Still, even if the KIA rate per mission is as low as 20%, that's exceedingly low - especially considering the missions we play are generally the exceptions to normal Inner Sphere warfare, where people disengage or surrender rather than fight to the last man standing. A lot of the kills are coming from aberrant battle situations like the suicide mission in Operation Himinbjörg or the spiteful Nuclear Word of Blake.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 14

“Stay organized and get going, people,” Duncan’s Atlas reversed towards the train tunnel with surprising grace as he used the massive recoil of his Heavy Gauss Rifle to give himself a little last-minute boost. He’d always admired the Atlas—the `Mech that Kerensky designed was known for its brutal durability, and the version that Amaris had tweaked was in every way the original’s equal. “Forget about the bonus, we’ve done enough and we’ll hurt the Clans more by getting away scot free.”

“You first Duncan,” the beak of Jason’s Screamer pointed in his direction. A tiny sparkle of light washed across Duncan’s vision as Jason pointed what was probably his last remaining communications laser at the Atlas’s back. “I can’t receive so don’t bother arguing: you’re the slowest and your battle-ROM’s got the most combat data. I want to get paid every cent we earned on this one—and I want to see the Clans poo poo bricks the next time you turn up. Holy hell, after today Amaris is going to have to paint all of his Atlases to look like yours.”

Movement Phase
Gunsmith
- Ran with hip damage: must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 4 actuator damage = 8): rolled 10, succeeds!

Stag
- Activates MASC: must pass a 3+ failure test: rolled 10, succeeds!

Lancelot
- Attempts to throw off Foot Infantry Platoon 6, must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 1 avoiding damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!
- - Lancelot suffers 6 damage in the fall to Right Torso (0/22 armor, 12/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (17/28 armor remaining)!
- - 6 troopers killed!
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 base + 0 standing up = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!

Dragoon II Type-A
- Sets Angel ECM primary effect to Ghost Targets (3 base + 2 ghost targets = 5): rolled 5, Margin of Success: 0!
- Sets Angel ECM secondary effect to Ghost Targets (3 base + 2 ghost targets = 5): rolled 3, fails!

Grasshopper
- Attempts to recover downed pilot (4 base + 3 movement + 0 pilot waiting + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 8, succeeds! Recovers pilot with Left Hand.

Turn End Phase
Lancelot
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!

Shooting Phase
Foot Infantry Platoon 6 (ACE!)
- Stunned by a fall!

Atlas III (Player)
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (2/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Flashman (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2335!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 R-e pulse laser = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 13): automatic miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Grasshopper (Player)
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (0/8 armor, 5/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 30!

Ostscout (Player)
- Fires TAG at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Grendel (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Grendel (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 13): automatic miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Salamander (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2536!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 minimum range = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 minimum range = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 minimum range = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2537!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (2/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (1/8 armor remaining)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 26!

Copperhead Gamma (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Piranha 2 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Slug) at Piranha 2 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Piranha 2 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 9, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Piranha 2 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, fails to lock-on!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Piranha 2 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 10, 20 missiles hit Left Arm (0/6 armor, 0/3 structure remaining (Arm blown off! Damage transfers to Left Torso (2/8 armor remaining))), Center Torso (0/9 armor, 3/6 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (0/8 armor, 2/5 structure remaining (Crit!)), Head (4/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!))!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 24!

Lancelot (Player)
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Foot Infantry 6 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 7, 5 troopers killed!
- Fires Large Laser at Foot Infantry 6 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 6, 4 troopers killed!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Foot Infantry 6 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, 3 troopers killed!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 32!

Komodo (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 22!

Champion (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Grendel (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Grendel (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 20!

Screamer (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Grendel (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 25!

Stag (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2833!
- Fires Medium Laser at Foot Infantry Platoon 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Foot Infantry Platoon 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 10, 1 trooper killed!
- Fires SRM-4 at Foot Infantry Platoon 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit! 4 troopers killed!
- Fires SRM-4 at Foot Infantry Platoon 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 7, 3 missiles hit! 2 troopers killed! Unit destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Gunsmith (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Black Python (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Grendel Epsilon
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine IIC 2
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 10, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Great Wyrm 1
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Ultra) at Flashman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Ultra) at Flashman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 20!

Hellfire
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 34!

Stalking Spider
- Fires ER PPC at Salamander (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 22!

Great Wyrm 2
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Ultra) at Flashman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Ultra) at Flashman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Flashman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 20!

Blood Kite
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1345!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Revenant (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 42!

Hellstar
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 60 heat, sinks 60!

Black Python 2
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (3/13 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 28!

Spirit
- Fires ER Large Laser at Lancelot (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 22!

Vixen
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1445!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Howler 3 1
- Fires ER PPC at Grasshopper (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Howler 3 2
- Fires ER PPC at Grasshopper (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Mandrill
- Fires LRM-20 at Revenant Patroller (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Revenant Patroller (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Thresher 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Pinion
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Griffin IIC
- Holds fire!

Thresher 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Galahad
- Holds fire!

Rifleman IIC 2 1
- Holds fire!

Rifleman IIC 2 2
- Holds fire!

Clint IIC
- Holds fire!

Black Python 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Burrock
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 40!

Locust IIC 4
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (8/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Heavy Small Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Heavy Small Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Heavy Small Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Heavy Small Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Crimson Hawk
- Fires ER Large Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Piranha 2
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Copperhead Gamma (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 20!

Revenant Patroller 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Blood Kite (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Rear Left Torso (3/9 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Blood Kite (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Blood Kite (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Blood Kite (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 8, hit Rear Left Torso (0/9 armor, 16/18 structure remaining)! Crit!

Revenant Evader 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Mandrill (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Mandrill (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Right Torso (0/4 armor, 5/7 structure remaining)! Crit!

Revenant Patroller 2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/8 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (4/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Locust IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 7, miss!

Revenant Evader 2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (16/22 armor remaining)!

Revenant Emergency First Responder 2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (27/33 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 9, miss!

End Phase
Locust IIC
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Piranha 2
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 3, no critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 3 gyro hit + 1 massive damage = 8): rolled 10, succeeds!

Blood Kite
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 12, 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Jump Jet hit!
- - LRM-15 damaged!
- - LRM-15 ammo hit! LRM-15 ammo explodes!
- - - LRM-15 ammo deals 120 damage to Left Torso (0/27 armor, 0/18 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Arm blown off! Pilot hit! Pilot hit!
- - - Remaining damage vented harmlessly by CASE!
- Must pass a 9+ consciousness test: rolled 8, fails!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): automatic failure! Pilot hit!
- Suffers 9 damage in the fall to Left Leg (25/30 armor remaining), Center Torso (35/39 armor remaining)!

Mandrill
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - LRM-20 ammo hit! LRM-20 ammo explodes!
- - - LRM-20 ammo deals 100 damage to Right Torso (0/10 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Arm blown off! Pilot hit! Pilot hit! XL Engine hit! XL Engine hit!
- Remaining Critical transfers to Center Torso!
- - XL Engine destroyed! `Mech destroyed!

Turn End Phase:
Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar
- No lightning strikes this turn!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Rain Devils – Micro-tornadoes disperse and destroy infantry. Contact may knock over BattleMechs, all weapons fire drawn through a Rain Devil automatically misses the target. BattleMechs may expend all of their MP for a turn to brace, providing a -2 bonus to piloting tests to avoid being knocked over.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Endure for at least 1 minute (complete)
- - Endure for at least 2 minutes (5 turns remaining) (optional)
- Raid the Airfield
- Don’t be Captured

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (42,300,000 c-bills / 63,450,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units Killed: 6 (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: 7 (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: 6 (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy ` Mechs: 3 (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: 3 (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- Grounded Aircraft: 8 (250,000 c-bills each)

- Last Mission’s Bounty: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 60,300,000 c-bills (90,450,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
These dice. Oh my god.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Another amazing turn, and what's more just about everything you needed to go right for the escape has gone right. Even the Lancelot shook off his trouble. You guys might just make a clean getaway after all!

And god, but those Revenants are proving their worth. That goddman Blood Kite didn't stand a chance! At this point, if they're still running around by the time the players finish evacuating we should see how many more turns they can last, maybe they can complete the bonus objective on their own?

Edit: So mechs pulling out this turn are:

Atlas
Komodo
Champion
Stag
Phoenix Hawk
Gunsmith

And mechs left to go are:

Flashman
Salamander
Grasshopper
Dragoon
Ostscout
Lancelot
Copperhead
Screamer

Is it going to be another six leaving this turn to keep all six extraction hexes locked down? And if so, which two mechs are going to risk hanging around on their own another turn?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 20, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mezzanon posted:

These dice. Oh my god.

Turns out you can't ignore four medium lasers on your back, no matter how dishonorable fighting a robot is.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

The Revenants will never stop being heroic. Not from the second they first appeared.

Their little AI souls have got nothing to lose and everything to give and gain.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

RA Rx posted:

The Revenants will never stop being heroic. Not from the second they first appeared.

Their little AI souls have got nothing to lose and everything to give and gain.

A few more performances like this and they'll earn thread MVP status.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Jesus Christ that's a lot of enemy mechs.

C'mon dice, just stay on our side for a couple more turns. :ohdear: We're almost home free, but the dice have been remarkably merciful, and it only takes one bad roll for the enemy to screw us entirely with as many dice as they'll be throwing your way. Stay strong, Goonlance. You can do it!

Also, good job murdering those bastard infantry.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Zaodai posted:

Jesus Christ that's a lot of enemy mechs.

C'mon dice, just stay on our side for a couple more turns. :ohdear: We're almost home free, but the dice have been remarkably merciful, and it only takes one bad roll for the enemy to screw us entirely with as many dice as they'll be throwing your way. Stay strong, Goonlance. You can do it!

Also, good job murdering those bastard infantry.

This so much. I suuuuper can't wait for the post mission update to see what the surprise ends up being.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Narsham posted:

A few more performances like this and they'll earn thread MVP status.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Mezzanon posted:

These dice. Oh my god.

Glorious ammo explosions. The death count just keeps growing and we still have an explosive doggy to go.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Remember you don't Have to leave, so having 6 leave now, filling up, and then only having 2 leave next turn, and then all the remaining leaving at once would probably be for the best in escape terms?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The other 4 chilling in the evacuation slots would have no move mods and would get murdered, wouldn't they?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

AtomikKrab posted:

Remember you don't Have to leave, so having 6 leave now, filling up, and then only having 2 leave next turn, and then all the remaining leaving at once would probably be for the best in escape terms?
I think we should have another six leave this turn, and then the last two (Ostscout and Screamer) can do max jump (+4 and +5) to the back two hexes where there is lots of cover for the last turn.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Ardlen posted:

I think we should have another six leave this turn, and then the last two (Ostscout and Screamer) can do max jump (+4 and +5) to the back two hexes where there is lots of cover for the last turn.

Leave the bondsmen for last because they'll be the most okay with fighting to the death to avoid capture and being double bonded.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
I dunno' if it's actually in their favor, but would the Lancelot's perk come into play for the infantry dislodge attack?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ardlen posted:

Ardlen posted:

I have the most armour but I'm carrying icepick (needed 8.... rolled 8... Phew) so might be better to bail this turn? PTN can I hand him off to someone else?

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

sebmojo posted:

I have the most armour but I'm carrying icepick (needed 8.... rolled 8... Phew) so might be better to bail this turn? PTN can I hand him off to someone else?

You bail with your precious cargo now, good sir!

E: First thoughts for Dragoon II. Wind up in Hex 2834 for the withdrawl and put the Black Python on blast?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You probably want to get the extracted pilot out ASAP. Your jumpers trying to keep their move mods up and being the last two out is likely your best bet. You're risking the dice being a true showman to screw you at the last second, but you're risking that regardless of who stays.

Maybe the Clans won't focus fire the last two guys out anyway. No real honor in shooting people with a firing squad, yeah? If they do and you get captured, be sure to mock them for their cowardice and incompetence. And remind them that they owe even that to some infantry standing in a doorway, so it isn't even piloting skill that saves the day but some nobodies tripping you up so they can backshoot you.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

E: First thoughts for Dragoon II. Wind up in Hex 2834 for the withdrawal and put the Black Python on blast?
Looks good.

sebmojo posted:

You should definitely bail this turn, but since you do have the most armor, you should probably stand up front in 2735 to cover our retreat.

I put together a chart on the google doc showing which hexes the remaining Mechs could reach. If we leave the two fast jumpers for the last turn, only the Lancelot can reach hex 2732 (with a PSR of 5).

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zaodai posted:

You probably want to get the extracted pilot out ASAP. Your jumpers trying to keep their move mods up and being the last two out is likely your best bet. You're risking the dice being a true showman to screw you at the last second, but you're risking that regardless of who stays.

Maybe the Clans won't focus fire the last two guys out anyway. No real honor in shooting people with a firing squad, yeah? If they do and you get captured, be sure to mock them for their cowardice and incompetence. And remind them that they owe even that to some infantry standing in a doorway, so it isn't even piloting skill that saves the day but some nobodies tripping you up so they can backshoot you.

Aren't the clans basically only interested in honor when it suits them? Seems like they could play this off as
- You're mercenaries
- In the employ of the house of the traitor
- Using loving robots

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I hope you guys realize in the next game that dice karma are going to kill you in the first couple of rounds. :v:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
That poor, poor Blood Kite, getting absolutely owned by an unmanned drone that's only a third of its weight class.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Volmarias posted:

Aren't the clans basically only interested in honor when it suits them? Seems like they could play this off as
- You're mercenaries
- In the employ of the house of the traitor
- Using loving robots

Yes, but they're in here as a group. If they're piling on at the end of a battle, they still have to answer to each other in the mess hall later. Regardless of the fact they're fighting Space Hitler's mercs, they're not going to get a bunch of street cred for valiantly bayonetting the wounded after the battle. If the last two out do get diced, the pilots can certainly exploit that to basically point out that the Clans are bitches of the highest order and cause internal strife because the others piling on robbed whoever was initially fighting those last two mechs of what meager honor they could have claimed in downing the rearguard of such a successful raid.

Basically Clan honor is the fragile psyche of a group of 12 year old boys. they can disregard honor when it suits them if they can point to some grand achievement to offset it. "Yeah, those guys kicked the crap out of us but at least I curb stomped a puppy to make them sad!" is a hard sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

How vulnerable is the extracted pilot, exactly? None of the shots at the Grasshopper hit this turn, if the Grasshopper is hit in the arm is there a chance of Icepick getting killed? Because aside from that the Grasshopper would be a really good candidate to exit on turn 3, having the most armor. All the other third-wave candidates have at least one weak spot, like an open head, weak chest, or not much armor to begin with. That said, you might be better off trying that "sit on hex but don't withdraw" strategy next turn to keep the hexes filled in case the enemy contests them. Too bad you can't order the non-explosive Revenants to withdraw, they could fulfill that "hold space and take shots" role really well.

You might only have to worry about the four nearest mechs for holding onto the extraction zone, which you might still be able to kill. Maybe if you're lucky those Revenants will manage to kick the Grendel's leg off this turn. If you're really lucky (and evidence suggests you are), the next Revenant explosion will take out a few more troublemakers and the remaining Revenants will scare the Clanners enough to keep their attention off you for that last turn. Probably nothing you can do about Ath, though.

If any of you go down next turn poo poo gets complicated really quickly. At that point you might want to be headcapped to avoid any difficult decisions.

Edit: On that note, avoid PSRs too unless you absolutely need them, losing a turn to a fall right now could also be fatal.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 20, 2016

• Locked thread