Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Remember: Lateral shifts still cost 2 MP per hex rather than 1

Yup, I should be at my running MP by going to 2417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Also remember: the Nergal's the first unit to move (it should be moving before the Clanners as sort of a reverse-ACE thing, but I'm not going to punish T.G. by making him send in blind orders)

Edit: Ahaha, ok. So a 6 is usually a miss on the plasma arc, and plasma normally can't arc from the Center Torso to the head anyway because damage flows neither to nor from that location, but that's boxcars on that pair of scatter dice. I'm giving that to you.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 3, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also remember: the Nergal's the first unit to move (it should be moving before the Clanners as sort of a reverse-ACE thing, but I'm not going to punish T.G. by making him send in blind orders)

Edit: Ahaha, ok. So a 6 is usually a miss on the plasma arc, and plasma normally can't arc from the Center Torso to the head anyway because damage flows neither to nor from that location, but that's boxcars on that pair of scatter dice. I'm giving that to you.

:f5:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Oh man, this is going to be interesting to see play out :allears:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
So of course another player immediately suffers comic karmic backlash for their ally's good luck.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

PoptartsNinja posted:

Remember: Lateral shifts still cost 2 MP per hex rather than 1

Edit: One of these days I'm going to change the cardinal directions on the map so up isn't north just to mess with people who give me cardinal directions instead of hex facings. :shobon:

Aw man, but compass directions are easy, I feel you should choose something with a higher MessingWithUs to MoreWorkForYou ratio.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So of course another player immediately suffers comic karmic backlash for their ally's good luck.

:stonk: That could be me, I was pretty aggressive this turn.

Edit:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Gotta note this, it makes close maneuvers about the Nergal a bit easier than I thought.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 3, 2016

Loa Vecre
Jul 27, 2014
No, that's me failing my roll to avoid shutdown due to overheat.
I mean, it's only a 4+ on 2D6, right Mechwarrior Cyrus?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Its Cathode for disappearing and my being ballsy as hell. :getin:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

vorebane posted:

Aw man, but compass directions are easy, I feel you should choose something with a higher MessingWithUs to MoreWorkForYou ratio.

They're easy, but compass directions throw me off for a good ten seconds whenever I get one. Which may not seem like a lot, but it's surprisingly disruptive when I'm thinking of everything in terms of hex numbers.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh that simplifies things a lot, thanks!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Time to learn what Cull the Weak does. (And what distracting does for an OpForce unit)

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

Time to learn what Cull the Weak does. (And what distracting does for an OpForce unit)

oh poo poo, :allears:

Loa Vecre
Jul 27, 2014
I'm guessing they prioritize/get bonuses vs. mechs that can't defend themselves.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'll just say: it's not about culling weak enemies.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
please Poptarts don't hurt 'em

edit

PoptartsNinja posted:

oh drat

Loa Vecre
Jul 27, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Poor, poor Sohei. :magical:

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
I believe I speak for all of us

while fork, :f5:; fork

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: One of these days I'm going to change the cardinal directions on the map so up isn't north just to mess with people who give me cardinal directions instead of hex facings. :shobon:
"Hey this map is a simulation set on a real projective plane, let me know if you need help tracking your facings as you loop".

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wow, this really is the Amaris Says Clans are Irrelevant Show, isn't it?

I want the Nurgal to broadcast the evil guy laugh from NES Kung-Fu when this happens.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

terrenblade posted:

I believe I speak for all of us

while fork, :f5:; fork

I'm not sure, but are you claiming Python speaks for all of us? of all the languages in the world? I take issue :colbert:

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

It turns out the Unknown Assault is hanging back and durdling around to get better shots on his own teammates. The clans never fail to dissapoint!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Picard Day posted:

It turns out the Unknown Assault is hanging back and durdling around to get better shots on his own teammates. The clans never fail to dissapoint!

Nah, the Blood Asp is just slow and in a really lovely spot.

First time in a while I've needed to use every single phase.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're easy, but compass directions throw me off for a good ten seconds whenever I get one. Which may not seem like a lot, but it's surprisingly disruptive when I'm thinking of everything in terms of hex numbers.

Ah, ok. In that case I will use hexes to refer to facing, so you have more time for fluff. Or non battletech things, that's ok too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hexes having six sides would make using cardinal directions in orders cumbersome, I'd imagine.

About as cumbersome as that sentence I just typed.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I used north, south, northwest northeast, etc and thought it was the best solution, but if it delays PTN then it isn't

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Well, it's usually a matter of:
Move to hex ####, turn to face #### and advance to ####. End facing northwest. Which throws me for a loop for a half second while I reorient myself because I don't tend to use the cardinal directions a lot in the real world.

As I mentioned in the PM, doesn't really bother me in small scenarios (other than making me attack that player a bit more often :ssh: ), but the more players there are the more I quietly hope for 'end facing hex ####.'

I've also gotten orders in the past that consisted entirely of "move X hexes northeast, turn south and~" and those really do drive me nuts, which is the big reason why it's slowly, after five years, turned into a pet peeve.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 3, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nergal Reactor: Tactical Update 6

“C’mon, punch out,” Ronin muttered under his breath as one of the Clan assault `Mechs faltered. A strobing pulse from one of the Nergal’s lasers had practically cleaved the `Mech in half, but as it toppled the pilot didn’t budge. A controlled fall in a BattleMech was always dangerous, but an uncontrolled fall like that could be deadly. Even strapped in, a Mechwarrior was only a tiny fraction of the machine’s weight; and when a seventy-five kilo pilot was thrown towards the ground by ninety tons of war machine it had a nasty tendency to batter the pilot’s brain against the inside of their own skull.

The Clan pilot didn’t eject. Bethany muttered a curse over the company comms, “they’ve bid away their ejection seats,” she said, mysteriously. As if on cue the Clan pilots let loose with a furious, incoherent roar over their loudspeakers.

“They plan to kill us or die in the attempt,” Bethany explained. “And five of them are as-yet unaccounted for. Remain cautious.”

Movement Phase
Atlas III (player)
- Unable to reach destination hex: path blocked by allied large unit!

Awesome (player)
- Insufficient walking MP to enter water hex 2712 (needs 4, has 3).
- - Alternate movement orders not used, destination hex does not contain a friendly unit.

Grasshopper (player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 jumped into water hex = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Mountain Lion (player)
- Shield set to inactive!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 entered rubble hex = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Shooting Phase
Atlas III (Player)
- Varangian Undertow declared as contingency target. Distracting makes it the primary target!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Varangian Undertow (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 heat = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (22/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Varangian Undertow (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 heat = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (24/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Varangian Undertow (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 heat = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (16/41 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24! Overheating! TSM Deactivates!

Awesome (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Sohei Gamma (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (13/25 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Plasma arcs to Head (4/9 armor remaining)! Pilot Hit! (this is not a normal possible scatter result, a 6 is usually a miss—but the paired scatter dice I used rolled boxcars so congrats on having amazing luck!)
- Fires rER PPC at Sohei Gamma (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (24/34 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Center Torso (8/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Sohei Gamma (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (16/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Sohei Gamma (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (0/26 armor, 9/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 51 heat, sinks 50!

Grasshopper (Player)
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Swordbreaker (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (9/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Swordbreaker (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Swordbreaker (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Swordbreaker (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Swordbreaker (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 30!

Lament (Player)
- Activates Radial Heat Sink (5+): rolls 3, radical heat sink fails!
- - Heat exchange system damaged: +1 heat/turn when moving, +1 heat/turn when firing weapons!
- Fires rER PPC at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (14/24 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Left Torso (13/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires rER PPC at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (6/16 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Left Torso (8/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (9/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 48 heat, sinks 32! Overheating!

Copperhead Gamma (Player)
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Sohei Gamma (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 10, 20 missiles hit Right Torso (8/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (29/34 armor remaining), Center Torso (3/25 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (0/25 structure remaining (`Mech Destroyed!))!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (cluster) at Sohei Gamma (2 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 9, 10 submunitions hit Center Torso, Left Leg (23/34 armor remaining), Right Arm (15/26 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/26 armor remaining), Center Torso, Center Torso (TAC!), Left Torso (16/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (22/34 armor remaining), Center Torso, Right Torso (7/17 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk Riptide (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk Riptide (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk Riptide (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (19/26 armor remaining (TAC!))!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24!

Mountain Lion (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Viper Ocean Breeze (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Viper Ocean Breeze (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 12, hit Left Torso (0/13 armor, 8/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Target gains 1 heat!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Viper Ocean Breeze (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (3/13 armor remaining)!
- - Target gains 4 heat!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Viper Ocean Breeze (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 26!

Coyote (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (3/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (12/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Heavy Flamer (Heat) at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit! Target gains 4 heat!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Thunderchild Razormaw (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (1/18 armor remaining), Right Torso (16/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/18 armor, 11/12 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (9/12 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (7/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (7/12 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 40!

Hunchback #2 (Player)
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/45 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (25/30 armor remaining)!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 10!

Hunchback #1 (Player)
- Fires LB-20X Autocannon (Cluster) at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 5): rolled 9, 12 submunitions hit Left Torso (27/28 armor remaining), Center Torso (28/29 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (24/30 armor remaining), Left Torso (26/28 armor remaining), Right Arm (23/30 armor remaining), Center Torso (26/28 structure remaining ( TAC!)), Right Torso (7/28 armor remaining), Center Torso (25/28 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (6/28 armor remaining), Left Arm (9/30 armor remaining), Right Leg (37/38 armor remaining), Center Torso (24/29 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Ragnarok Beta: out of range!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Screamer (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Crossbow Alpha (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Crossbow Alpha (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 25!

Bobcat (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Warhawk Riptide (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (25/35 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk Riptide (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk Riptide (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Rear Right Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 38 heat, sinks 26! Overheating!

Beowulf (Player)
- Varangian Undertow declared as contingency target. Distracting makes it the primary target!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Varangian Undertow (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Varangian Undertow (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Varangian Undertow (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 12, hit Right Leg (11/41 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Wild Weasel (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2517!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ragnarok Beta (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV (Smoke) at Hex 2220 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 2 secondary target not in front arc = 3): rolled 7, hit!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 22!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Viper Ocean Breeze (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Viper Ocean Breeze (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Viper Ocean Breeze (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 20!

Nergal (Allied Player)
- Fires Hyper Pulse Laser at Ragnarok (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse module = 3): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (3/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires Hyper Pulse Laser at Ragnarok (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse module = 3): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (5/29 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Ragnarok (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (0/29 structure remaining (`Mech Destroyed))!
- Gains 52 heat, sinks 52! Overheating!

Varangian Undertow
- Fires Ultra AC/20 (Ultra) at Atlas III (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 8, 2 shells hit Left Arm (10/34 armor remaining), Left Torso (16/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Ultra AC/20 (Single) at Atlas III (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Atlas III (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Atlas III (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (32/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Atlas III (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (27/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 40!

Ragnarok Beta
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback #2 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (5/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback #2 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback #2 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 28!

Unknown `Mech Alpha
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Nergal (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 superheavy = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Nergal (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 superheavy = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 36!

Warhawk Riptide
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (6/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (13/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (3/23 armor remaining)!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 44!

Sohei Gamma
- Fires ER PPC at Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (9/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV at Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 32!

Wolf Spider Eta
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 50!

Night Gyr Epsilon
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Nergal (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 superheavy = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Nergal (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 superheavy = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Nergal (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 superheavy = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Nergal (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 superheavy = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 24!

Nidhogg Eta
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Wild Weasel (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Wild Weasel (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, 1 shell hit Left Arm (0/12 armor, 3/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV at Wild Weasel (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Right Arm (7/12 armor remaining), Center Torso (17/18 armor remaining)!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 32!

Crossbow Alpha
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV at Wild Weasel (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV at Wild Weasel (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 24!

Crossbow Beta
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Naga Alpha
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 24!

Swordbreaker Storm Surge
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (14/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires TAG at Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit!
- Fires TAG at Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit!
- Gains 38 heat, sinks 38!

Thunderchild Razormaw
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2933!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (25/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (13/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (16/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 4, hit Right Torso (15/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (6/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (23/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires TAG at Lament (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires TAG at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 7): rolled 7, hit!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 30!

Shadowcat Eta
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 heavy laser = 8): rolled 10, hit Rear Left Torso (0/8 armor, 7/15 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires LRM/20 w/Artemis IV at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 28!

Viper Ocean Breeze
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 3019!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (14/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires TAG at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

End Phase
Varangian Undertow
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Warhawk Riptide
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 3, no critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!

Thunderchild Razormaw
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 4, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double heat sink damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustianed!
- - Double Heat Sink destroyed!
- - Jump Jet damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Viper Ocean Breeze
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Atlas III (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Copperhead Gamma (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 4, succeeds!

Mountain Lion (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Lament (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Coyote (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 5, no critical hit sustained!

Wild Weasel (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Lament (Player)
- Kicks Thunderchild (4 base + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (6/24 armor remaining)!

Coyote (Player)
- Attacks Thunderchild with Lance (4 base + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 lance = 8): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/24 armor, 10/16 structure remaining)! Crit!

Bobcat (Player)
- Attacks Warhawk Riptide with Active Vibroblade (5 base + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 sword = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (21/35 armor remaining)!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Kicks Viper (4 base + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 9): Rolled 4, miss!

Thunderchild
- Kicks Coyote (4 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 kick = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (18/28 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Coyote (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 kicked = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Thunderchild
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Turn End Phase:
Lament (Player)
- Must pass a 4+ test to avoid automatic shutdown: rolled 10, succeeds!

Bobcat (Player)
- Must pass a 4+ test to avoid automatic shutdown: rolled 3, fails!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Varangian Undertow
- Sohei Gamma destroyed: Cull the Weak activates!
- Ragnarok Beta destroyed: Cull the Weak activates!
- - Unit gains ACE! status until two enemy targets are destroyed!

Unknown `Mech Alpha

Warhawk Riptide

Wolf Spider Eta
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on a 5+ roll: rolled 7, gains Cull the Weak!

Night Gyr Epsilon
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on an 8+ roll: rolled 4!

Nidhogg Eta
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on a 7+ roll: rolled 11, gains Cull the Weak!

Crossbow Alpha
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on a 5+ roll: rolled 6, gains Cull the Weak!

Crossbow Beta
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on a 7+ roll: rolled 3!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Fury spreads!
- - Gains Unit Skill: Cull the Weak on a 7+ roll: rolled 5!

Player Status:

Allies

Opposing Force Status:

House Rule: Flooding Sucks – An armor breach underwater no longer destroys hit locations outright. A section that floods instead suffers damage to all weapons in that location, knocking them offline. All ammunition or special equipment in a flooded section is likewise rendered useless. Head armor breaches are treated as normal.

Primary Objectives
- Lure the Clans near the Nergal Reactor (failed!)
- Protect the NRG-0000-0X Nergal (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (8,000,000 c-bills / 12,000,000 goods)
- - Light `Mechs: 0 (1,000,000 c-bills)
- - Medium `Mechs: 0 (2,000,000 c-bills)
- - Heavy `Mechs: 0 (3,000,000 c-bills)
- - Assault `Mechs: 2 (4,000,000 c-bills)
- - Infantry Units: 0 (250,000) c-bills
- - Battle Armor Units: 0 (1,000,000) c-bills
- - AeroSpace Fighters: 0 (2,000,000) c-bills

- Last Mission’s Total Bounty: 62,300,000 c-bills (93,450,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 70,300,000 c-bills (105,450,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 5, 2016

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, it's usually a matter of:
Move to hex ####, turn to face #### and advance to ####. End facing northwest. Which throws me for a loop for a half second while I reorient myself because I don't tend to use the cardinal directions a lot in the real world.

As I mentioned in the PM, doesn't really bother me in small scenarios (other than making me attack that player a bit more often :ssh: ), but the more players there are the more I quietly hope for 'end facing hex ####.'

I've also gotten orders in the past that consisted entirely of "move X hexes northeast, turn south and~" and those really do drive me nuts, which is the big reason why it's slowly, after five years, turned into a pet peeve.

So what I've learned from this is that Ronin needs to use compass directions whenever possible while moving at full speed.

But I'll use hexes for facings in future. :P

Edit: There is no :stonk: large enough, that is a few more aces than I was expecting to turn up.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 3, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So, um, Cull the Weak.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Note that Cull the Weak is contagious. The wolf spider and others have it now.

So decision time: we can go after the smaller mechs to clear cull the weak, bonus points if we kill those that have just gained cull the weak, or we can go after the ace assault star.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 3, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Dear God.

Bad time to shut down.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 4, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I'm thinking the Varangian and the Warhawk need to go down sharpish

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

And also the Bobcat shut down. Gotta decide whether we play to defend him or hope for the best.

edit: As far as guys currently vulnerable to getting killed, the Thunderchild has open front CT and 10 structure left, Crossbow Beta has a unarmoured back CT, Swordbreaker has 5 back CT armour left. The Varan and the warhawk are missing some leg armour. Everyone else is basically pristine in the spots that might kill them. I definitely want the assaults to not have ace anymore, the few minutes since the update have been more than enough.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 4, 2016

Loa Vecre
Jul 27, 2014
From the targeting numbers, I'm assuming the "Sohei" in my shooting phase is supposed to be the Warhawk.

Also: :stonk: WELP, the dice gods deemed me just as unworthy as the Sohei pilot. That ACE Warhawk is going to have a field day with me.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Warhawk is going to kill someone next turn, but another player might be able to make themselves a more tempting target to give you a chance to power up and leg it.

If it gets left alone I guarantee the `Mech it kills is going to be you, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now that I know for a fact that the Nergal moves first I'm going to get out of the Atlas' way and start opening up on the Varangian.

Also sorry thetruegent, that error was on me, I should've doublechecked the turn order with PTN. I can lateral shift down elevation changes, right? If so I can use all of my run MP to get into that depth-2 water and off the dam.

Now that a bunch of them are Aces now we're gonna need to keep those contingencies in mind from hereon out.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
So...the Atlas can't move back at all? Why? Is there anywhere I *can* move, other than forward? Does distracting only works for player units, since Clan units don't need contingency orders?

I thought friendly units could pass through friendly units, as long as the turn didn't end with them in the same spot.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 4, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

So...the Atlas can't move back at all? Why?

The Nergal was in the way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Look at it this way: you guys took 170 tons off the field this turn, and there's an open CT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

thetruegentleman posted:

I thought friendly units could pass through friendly units, as long as the turn didn't end with them in the same spot.

The Nergal is an exception since it's so big

• Locked thread