Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

A meal and probably a road trip to somewhere nearby that I wouldn't normally visit because I've already been more than once (last time we visited Devil's Tower).

Oh, they let people examine the Castle Brian remains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, it's too late for me to start in on an update tonight, which is what I was afraid of. Spent a good day with my parents, managed to talk them out of buying me a microwave I don't need (which might be the first time I've talked them out of buying me anything, to be honest).

First thing my dad said when he saw me was "You've lost weight!" which is true, I have. He's not the type to lie about that (he'd say "you look thinner" if he was trying to be polite) so it's nice to hear my regimen is working.

I'll try to get something out today, tomorrow, or Friday either a little more of the lets read or an SWTOR update, and the next mission update will be Sunday. I'm sorry we've had so many delays in this mission, I know it's hard to keep enthusiastic when they keep happening.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Clearly the microwave purchase was a nefarious ComStar plot to stop the weight loss plan.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It might have been.

Really though, my apartment's wiring is lovely and having a microwave tends to result in a blown fuse. I've got a gas oven, it's nearly as fast.

Edit: Not in the dangerous way, mind. Just the "poorly planned" way where the kitchen is tied into the main room's electrical because they share a wall.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 3, 2016

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The only solution is to switch to entirely cold meals from now on. Salads and bread forever.

Edit:vvvvv It is two pages back or so, linked via his twitch account

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 5, 2016

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

PTN, mind linking your Patreon, please?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

PTN, mind linking your Patreon, please?

I still feel bad about linking it directly, but there's a link on my twitch page.

Just finished up another Mercenary. Our first former Clanner, and a Smoke Jaguar to boot!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Grave Digger: Tactical Update 10

“Aaaand there it is,” Chastity popped the Bulldog’s hatch, peering out for a moment before ducking back inside. She’d seen all she needed to, it was that crimson-painted bastard alright. “Old Scratch.”

“Old Scratch isn’t real,” Krel’s voice was tinny and distorted. “Don’t go spreading that conspiracy garbage about a magical devil tank with a gun that can destroy another tank in a single shot. I’ve seen the Devil’s Due a hundred times and I ain’t never seen—”

“That’s it right there,” Chastity crowed. “The red one. That’s Old Scratch, the most elusive raider in the Sand Sea and if you wanted to know the real reason why the Devil’s Due always hauls the best poo poo? Well, that monster’s why. When Old Scratch hits something, the Devil’s Due is right behind to pick up the pieces, run rescue, and sell the junk back to the original owner. They got me once, at the time I just felt lucky to be ‘rescued.’ And then I talked around and put two and two together.”

Chastity smiled wickedly, kicking the back of her gunner’s chair. “And there they are, side by side. I’m going to dismantle them for you, Krel, and I won’t even charge you extra for it.”

Shooting Phase
Marsden II (Player)
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Devil’s Due (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (50/55 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, 2 missiles hit Front (47/55 armor remaining), Front (44/55 armor remaining)!

Goblin Medium Tank "Diamondback" (Player)
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Vedette (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Vedette (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Vedette (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 12): rolled 5, miss!

Bulldog Medium Tank (Player)
- Fires Heavy Rifle at Vedette (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit 5 Front (14/20 armor remaining)! (CfMSD!)
- Fires SRM-4 (HE) at Vedette (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 (HE) at Vedette (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Thor Artillery Vehicle "Exhumer" (Player)
- Fires Flamer at Vedette (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Flamer at Vedette (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!

Dig Lord “Sancho Panzer” (Player)
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 3!

Vedette
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Diamondback (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Turret (18/29 armor remaining)!

Devil’s Due
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Thor (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (21/44 armor remaining)!

End Phase
Vedette
- Chance for Motive system Damage: rolled 10, Heavy Damage sustained!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Drifting: Vehicles may shift one column to the left or right during the movement phase without expending an MP to turn, provided the move does not cross through an enemy unit or terrain that would cost additional MP. Adjacent vehicles may be rammed for low damage with a sideswipe and lighter vehicles may be knocked off course next turn!
Half-Height Terrain: All terrain features rise to only half their normal height. Vehicles behind a height 1 hill may still attack and be attacked, but may only receive damage to their turrets. Vehicles without turrets are hidden as normal. Hills only cost 1 MP to climb rather than the additional 2. BattleMech and IndustrialMech units treat height 1 hexes as if they are clear terrain, height 2 as if they are height 1, etc.
Oases: Oases are surrounded by boggy soil that will trap ground vehicles and may attract native fauna.
Mirages: Heat shimmer can make water appear where there is none. Mirages may be driven through safely but may hide other features.
Redline the Engines: The Desert Hawg’s speed cannot be reduced by damage or critical hits.

Primary Objectives
- Protect the Desert Hawg (0/1)
- Disable or destroy the Devil’s Due (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Drive away or destroy Scarback (Complete)
- Disable or destroy Old Scratch (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 7, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: PTN, the summary is from the previous update. Looks like I actually hit something this time?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 7, 2016

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
It has a Gauss Rifle haha brilliant I love it. Okay I know I am only going by my MWO experience but I love Gauss Rifles.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

looks like both of them need some backhoe loving like only mehruns can give.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Okay, bringing back my complaint about my lovely hit rolls. There is some bullshit going on here. :mad:

E; How the gently caress did I take 11 turret damage from a single AC/5 hit?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 7, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

koolkevz666 posted:

It has a Gauss Rifle haha brilliant I love it. Okay I know I am only going by my MWO experience but I love Gauss Rifles.

You'd like Gauss Rifles even more in any of the Mechwarrior games where they were near instantaneous murder cannons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

E; How the gently caress did I take 11 turret damage from a single AC/5 hit?

You took five.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

You took five.

How'd I go from 29 armor to 18?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

How'd I go from 29 armor to 18?

You took an AC/5 hit to the turret on Turn 8, but I counted it off on the Bulldog's sheet instead. You're still right though, you should still have 19 armor left so I hosed something up. Fixed on the spreadsheet.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
boss music begins playing

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
It is a good thing someone saved some infernos for the boss fight.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

For real though y'all gonna die.

That's one heck of a tag-team.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Alright gently caress it, enough caution. Probably gonna eat a gauss-AC/10 tagteam to my turret but I'm done playing safe.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Try killing just one of them, it'll probz make the other leave.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Old Scratch has more firepower and less armour than Devil's Due, I'd focus it down first

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

And it's the most glorious target, though probably much less likely to flee.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I seriously regret not giving the players a fully-functional Kanga jump tank. :saddowns:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A jumpjet capable hovertank? wh...but...how

Now all we need is to make that a LAM somehow.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Holy hell. :stare:

We're gonna need some Hail Mary dice for this one.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

A jumpjet capable hovertank? wh...but...how

Badly and often very explosively.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

Badly and often very explosively.

Is there a Kanga IIC? I want to believe.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Psion posted:

There's the Hephaestus, a Hell's Horses hover that eventually got a jump-capable non-Omni variant.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Psion posted:

No, it ends up as the Kanga Roo C. :v:

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Zaodai posted:

You'd like Gauss Rifles even more in any of the Mechwarrior games where they were near instantaneous murder cannons.

That would be cool, MWO and this thread is my only experience of Mechwarrior and it's universe. And for MWO my only experience is running around with a Kitfox with a Gauss Rifle thus my love.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Zaodai posted:

No, it ends up as the Kanga Roo C. :v:

Judicator65
Feb 4, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I seriously regret not giving the players a fully-functional Kanga jump tank. :saddowns:

Should have given them one of the half broken ones where the hover system is broken and only the jump jets work!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Judicator65 posted:

Should have given them one of the half broken ones where the hover system is broken and only the jump jets work!

drat I love EVERYTHING from XTRO: Boondoggles

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Someone in IRC told me that in the fluff, there were a lot of Kangas with functional hover skirts and broken jump jets, and a lot of Kangas with busted skirts and functional jump jets. Finding one with everything working was a a rarity.

I also like the idea of a crippled Kanga using its jets to bunnyhop around.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's pretty close.

It's more that the ones with functional jets had a bad tendency to ruin their skirts the first time they used them.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Marsden II

Orders in
I'll roll forward 4 and alpha strike the vedette.
If when I eat a gauss round, I'll bail out and engage with hand weapons.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's pretty close.

It's more that the ones with functional jets had a bad tendency to ruin their skirts the first time they used them.

It may not have worked, but the dream of creating a TRANSFORMERS: Devastation! battlemech is still alive in our hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Orders sent,

Moving to 0709 (or if two others get there first, then drifting to 0609 instead), and firing two inferno SRMs at Old Scratch; if it's out of range, fire at Devil's Due instead. Also want to shoot the Heavy Rifle if the dune isn't blocking the full shot, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

The Inferno SRMs are a dumb Hail Mary, but those two monsters are dangerous enough to warrant a few stupid shots.

• Locked thread