Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Exhumer

Gonna try to make lightning strike twice, meleeing the Vedette from the rear.

Could be cool. Could suck rear end. Could get TAC'd by the big boys and vaporised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

thetruegentleman posted:

Orders sent,

Moving to 0709 (or if two others get there first, then drifting to 0609 instead), and firing two inferno SRMs at Old Scratch; if it's out of range, fire at Devil's Due instead. Also want to shoot the Heavy Rifle if the dune isn't blocking the full shot, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

The Inferno SRMs are a dumb Hail Mary, but those two monsters are dangerous enough to warrant a few stupid shots.

If you can drift to 808 instead of driving straight forward to 0709 then you get to 6 hex range, which is a far far better shot.

(I'm not sure if the drifting rules would put you in 0808 or 0809)

From 0709 both enemy targets will have partial cover from the hill, from 0808 only the boat has cover.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 8, 2016

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Gwaihir posted:

If you can drift to 808 instead of driving straight forward to 0709 then you get to 6 hex range, which is a far far better shot.

From 0709 both enemy targets will have partial cover from the hill, from 0808 only the boat has cover.

I'm aware, but I'm hoping to use the hill to avoid some of the enemies weapons: since any shot the Bulldog can make (besides the rifle cannon) is going to have terrible odds with long range and run penalties anyway, the odds aren't worth the risk of improving by making it easier to hit. If the RNG plays along, it'll make a hell of write up; otherwise, nothing really lost.

Of course, Old Scratch could just drive down past the hill anyway, but it'll get a crit storm in return for the damage.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

Of course, Old Scratch could just drive down past the hill anyway, but it'll get a crit storm in return for the damage.

It's already moved.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

Also note that you cannot drift to 0609. There is a hill in the way that blocks drifting.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Remmon posted:

Also note that you cannot drift to 0609. There is a hill in the way that blocks drifting.

Ah, right. Forgot about that; well, it's not where I want to be anyway, and the possibility of stopping a tile short isn't a big enough deal to send new orders.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Backhand some vehicles with the backhoe

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yup, I was afraid of that. One of the players is getting scrolled off this turn. In hindsight I didn't think this out as well as I should've and locking someone into a 3/5 when I know the map's going to be scrolling 5 hexes a turn is a mistake.

If I do another auto-scroller it's going to have slow 'battle segments' accompanied by fast 'racing segments' or something similar. Either way, I think I'm going to be seeing all the players in the next mission, just like what happened with the last experimental mission I ran on the surface of the DropShip.

Edit: In spite of the players' protests to the contrary, I don't think many of them are having fun this outing. :saddowns:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 9, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Grave Digger: Tactical Update 11

Terrance Ing smiled wickedly as his Dig Lord’s pace was slowed by the quicksand pools beside the small oasis. The pirate took big, exaggerated steps and stumbled, putting on a show of ineptitude befitting “Colonel” Humberto Q Petrovich III Esq, his assumed persona. Humberto had been incapable of freeing himself from the ‘clutches’ of a single Rotunda, of course Krel Ershmin would write him off the moment he fell behind. Terrance brought his Dig Lord to a stop, fighting his own movements as though his machine had gotten stuck in the mire completely.

Letting Krel forget about him was best—he wasn’t about to engage the Devil’s Due’s Capellan backers in an AgroMech. He simply needed a crew to extract and repair his new ride. Whether the deed was done by Krel or the Devils, Terrance hardly cared. He’d be waiting, just out of sight, for the moment to swoop in and seize the long-abandoned `Mech right from under their noses, and for that it was far better they knew him only as an insensate buffoon.

Movement Phase
Dig Lord
- Insufficient MP to reach hex 1009: needs 9, has 5!

Shooting Phase
Marsden II (Player)
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Vedette (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 8, hit Rear (10/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Vedette (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 7): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Rear (7/20 armor remaining), Rear (4/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Vedette (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 7): rolled 11, 4 missiles hit Rear (1/20 armor remaining (CfMSD)), Rear (0/20 armor, 3/5 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear (0/5 structure remaining (Vehicle destroyed!)), Turret (17/20 armor remaining)!

Goblin Medium Tank "Diamondback" (Player)
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 11, hit Turret (47/55 armor remaining)!

Bulldog Medium Tank (Player)
- Fires SRM-4 (Inferno) at Old Scratch (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 11, 3 missiles hit Front (hit blocked by terrain), Front (hit blocked by terrain), Front (hit blocked by terrain)!
- Fires SRM-4 (HE) at Old Scratch (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 7, miss!

Thor Artillery Vehicle "Exhumer" (Player)
- Holds fire!

Dig Lord “Sancho Panzer” (Player)
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Devil’s Due (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 3!

Vedette
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Bulldog (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Front (29/34 armor remaining)!

Devil’s Due
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Marsden II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Side (24/34 armor remaining)! CfMSD!

Old Scratch
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Desert Hawg (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Front (23/40 armor remaining)!

End Phase
Marsden II
- Chance for Motive system Damage: rolled 5, no damage sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Thor Artillery Vehicle
- Attacks Vedette with Dual Saw! Target already destroyed!
- Attacks Vedette with Backhoe! Target already destroyed!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Drifting: Vehicles may shift one column to the left or right during the movement phase without expending an MP to turn, provided the move does not cross through an enemy unit or terrain that would cost additional MP. Adjacent vehicles may be rammed for low damage with a sideswipe and lighter vehicles may be knocked off course next turn!
Half-Height Terrain: All terrain features rise to only half their normal height. Vehicles behind a height 1 hill may still attack and be attacked, but may only receive damage to their turrets. Vehicles without turrets are hidden as normal. Hills only cost 1 MP to climb rather than the additional 2. BattleMech and IndustrialMech units treat height 1 hexes as if they are clear terrain, height 2 as if they are height 1, etc.
Oases: Oases are surrounded by boggy soil that will trap ground vehicles and may attract native fauna.
Mirages: Heat shimmer can make water appear where there is none. Mirages may be driven through safely but may hide other features.
Redline the Engines: The Desert Hawg’s speed cannot be reduced by damage or critical hits.

Primary Objectives
- Protect the Desert Hawg (0/1)
- Disable or destroy the Devil’s Due (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Drive away or destroy Scarback (Complete)
- Disable or destroy Old Scratch (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hey, no shame in a swing and a miss. The concept is good, it just needs some refining.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Experimentation is important! And I can't speak for the players, but I'm enjoying it.

And two game-players are happy players (especially when they don't have to die for the privilege). :)

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 9, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
agree that the concept is good. I think after the Demon Hawks campaign people aren't quite as invested in these (awesome) characters as they were with Jason/Duncan and crew, but that's like, a good problem to have

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Suddenly the Devil's Due and Old Scratch rise up from the sand. What's that carrying them? It's Duncan and Jason in the Atlas and Screamer!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Goblin

Moving to 1209 and shooting at Old Scratch. It's squishier than the DD, and that position gives me the best cover I can manage.

E: Of course our lone 'mech' pilot was a damned dirty traitor. :bahgawd:

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
We lost the Dig Lord? drat.

Going to move up to 0710, fire the infernos at Old Scratch again, to try and disable it, and then the Bulldog will (probably) fire the Rifle Cannon at the Devil's Due, since it's already taking damage. If we kill it, maybe Old Scratch will stay behind. Alternatively, if everyone decides to shoot at Devil's Due instead, I might switch to that.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Better get to beating the Devil's Due and Old Scratch sooner rather than later, the Desert Hawg can't take much more punishment like that.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Mardison II
my move is forward 5 for the rest of this campaign.
time to focus down the gauss rifle.

Bad luck on the bulldog hitting the hill all three times.
And thor, I saw you try to steal my kill.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I finished some more of Warhansa's third party `Mech resculpts. We'll start with everyone's favorite!

I like the Raven, and PGI's redesign is distinctively a Raven. For comparison with an official model I paired it with everyone's least favorite MWO `Mech, the Mist Lynx (I really like the Iron Winds Metals Mist Lynx). In terms of price the Warhansa model costs about $0.75 more than the IWM one, so they're about even. Factoring in shipping costs Warhansa probably comes out slightly ahead, which surprises me. You'll notice the Raven's got a little kludge around the feet for stability purposes, it's the only Warhansa model that does this and while it's a disappointing choice it's an understandable one.

I painted it up in the colors of the Capellan Confederation's Prefectorate Guard, mostly because I like them and partly to show that the Capellans aren't "All Green, All The Time." They actually use a lot of red, white, and ivory in their paint jobs. Anyway, on to a `Mech nobody gives a poo poo about :

The Spider's cute, but very tiny and spindly. The Warhansa resin cast is cheaper than the official IWM version by $0.25, so as far as prices go that's not a deciding factor. PGI's Spider redesign is one I honestly really like, but it's got some strange design decisions that make me scratch my head. For example: the feet are separate pieces from the legs and have to be glued on independently, and each foot is smaller than the eraser of a #2 mechanical pencil. They are loving tiny and easy to lose, and it's really not obvious which way they attach. I had to compare very carefully with the 'assembled' model picture on Warhansa's site to make sure I was doing it correctly and even then I hosed it up once and nearly glued the foot to the Spider's hip. These bits are tiny. My biggest suggestion is: glue them to the leg while they're still attached to the sprue, then cut them free. Otherwise they'd be super easy to lose if they got dropped, and then you'd have to model up some Liefeld smoke or something.

Spider's painted in the colors of the Sword of Light regiment, just like the Atlas. Everyone associates House Kurita with red `Mechs, but they really favor white, brown, and this one will surprise you: blue.

The Black Knight is a great sculpt, but it looks very little like the tabletop version so if that puts you off it's probably not going to be a `Mech you'll want. In terms of detail and ease of assembly I can't recommend the Warhansa Black Knight enough, it's probably the best sculpt of the models I purchased. Sadly, I only had the old-model Black Knight to compare it to, IWM's New Black Knight sculpt is a different beast entirely. The Warhansa model is $6.50 cheaper than the new model black knight, and $4.75 cheaper than the old sculpt, but if I'm being completely honest I prefer IWM's new sculpt to the Warhansa model, and prefer the Warhansa model to the old sculpt.

Another Prefectorate Guard `Mech because I tend to do them up in lances. The Stalker and King Crab are both getting the same color treatment.

A very solid design, the Warhansa Awesome's only flaw is the independently molded feet. These are at least big enough that the Warhansa guys were able to write 'RL' on the bottom of the right foot (as well as 'Awesome' on one foot in very small letters and 'Acid Megatron' on the other). Of all the `Mechs I've assembled the Awesome is the one I'd most suggest for new and experienced modelers alike. It's solid, it's big, and it's got a lot of nice flat surfaces that're easy for new modelers to paint while still offering plenty of places for experienced modelers to add fun flourishes. I compared it with an unpainted Thug for scale, the Thug's about as tall as Iron Winds models get.

The third member of our Sword of Light lance is an out-of-place Awesome. I don't know why I consider the Awesome an iconic Kurita `Mech when it's pretty much exclusively used by the Free Worlds League, but there you go.

The Atlas is very big, you guys. It's still the best bang for your buck in terms of price.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
That Black Knight looks really cool without looking like "dude cosplaying as medieval mech". Also the Thugs shoulders are goofy as hell. Raven is of course great - it's hard to gently caress up a Raven. I'd love to see a Bushwacker in that quality though, both the model and how well you've painted it. Oh and an Anubis, because that Mech has that same classic look as the Raven where there's no overtly gimmicky pieces of design (Thug shoulders, laser cigars, airplane with legs attached, etc.) that would make it easy to MWO-ize without ruining it.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

DatonKallandor posted:

That Black Knight looks really cool without looking like "dude cosplaying as medieval mech"

I like the new IWM sculpt more, since it turns the Black Knight into a big wall of lasers. The PGI model is a bit too Gypsy Danger for my tastes. It's a good design, I just don't like it all that much.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I love the body of that one, but the head just seems off to me. Too small maybe? It just seems like a persons head instead of a mech head. Maybe it's just the angle on that picture you linked though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

:iia:

Love that 'mech.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yup, I was afraid of that. One of the players is getting scrolled off this turn. In hindsight I didn't think this out as well as I should've and locking someone into a 3/5 when I know the map's going to be scrolling 5 hexes a turn is a mistake.

Hey, its a video game tradition to give an offscreen player like 3-5 seconds to panic and get their way back on screen.

(by which I mean, hey, just force-move them to keep up and deal with the positioning by timing it with the enemy movement phase - if they're in a position where they cant make it, THEN they're out.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Once a 3/5 is off the map it's off the map for good, there's no way to catch back up.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Harpoon it and slingshot the mech ahead with some Star Trek move.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like the new IWM sculpt more, since it turns the Black Knight into a big wall of lasers. The PGI model is a bit too Gypsy Danger for my tastes. It's a good design, I just don't like it all that much.

I deliberately and coincidentally loaded Djawadi's score in preparation for reading updates on this thread just now. By the by, what would be your theme in this universe, PTN? Something modern like that or would you have more actual space '80s in mind?

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Harpoon it and slingshot the mech ahead with some Star Trek move.

Mardison II

He's out of range and I specifically don't have the cables for my harpoon ammo.
I already asked.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just an FYI, PTN, your battlemech minis will look more like giant machines and less like little miniature toys if you hit them with some kind of matte finish or anti-shine coating. I use a can of army painter anti-shine which will last you approximately forever, but there are many other options, including brush-on if you don't want a spray.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

The other thing that helps a ton is basing. It's amazing how much a little rock, sand, fake grass, or a small tree will do to set the scale of a mini.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Whether I matte or gloss depends on the unit colors I'm painting. In this case, the Prefectorate Guard are supposed to be shiny as hell since they're covered in gold ad black lacquer. The DCMS Sword of Light regiments are the literal pride of the Combine and you can't tell me those `Mechs don't get polished until they shine (edit: when they're painted up in parade colors rather than field drabs, which they are here). I appreciate the tips but the gloss is intentional.

I'm also plenty familiar with flock basing and etc (I prefer painted sand because flock grass gets everywhere). I didn't care to flock these since they came with these nice clear bases that let me see hex numbers and elevations without picking up the models :shobon:

Which is a point in Warhansa's favor, actually, since they include a hex base for the `Mech. Iron Wind Metals doesn't.

Edit: If I follow through with my plan to pick up another 8(or 16) `Mechs to paint up in Davion/Steiner(Marik/Magnusson) colors you can expect to see more drab schemes. I'm just hesitating because I'm not sure I want to buy a second Atlas to paint up in Steiner colors even though doing so would be perfectly appropriate.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 11, 2016

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

On a more philosophical level, the entire Mad Max setting is about perpetual struggle against unavoidable total decay. Society is already completely trashed and is just having the last few death-spasms before oblivion. That's not quite the case in this mission, but I appreciate the player's sacrifice to make the point :D

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Grave Digger: Tactical Update 12

A silvery streak flashed over the Marsden, missing the Desert Hawg by less than a meter. Ezekial mar Vohrs was forced to admit: he’d never seen a weapon with a muzzle velocity like that before. It was almost as exhilarating as an Enkran Sleigh Ride. Old Scratch’s cannon would certainly be a quicker end than being slowly drug around and buried by an angry Sand Whale, but it was the challenge that Ezekial truly craved.

“I have this shot,” he murmured, seizing control of the turret from his gunner’s station. The man raised his hands helplessly and settled back into his chair, waiting without complaint for Ezekial to relinquish the turret controls. The old man smiled, his bony fingers closing on the control stick. He took a deep, cleansing breath then let it out slowly. As soon as his lungs felt empty he depressed the firing stud before they started to burn.

The Marsden’s smallbore autocannon coughed and an instant later Old Scratch’s turret waggled. Something tumbled free, raising an involuntary grin from Ezekial’s thin lips. He’d hit the hatch lock for one of Old Scratch’s ammo bins. The enemy tank’s shells—some of them at least—had gone tumbling over its sloped side and buried themselves in the sand.

Shooting Phase
Marsden II (Player)
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Old Scratch (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Turret (25/30 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Old Scratch (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Deadfire) at Old Scratch (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 7, miss!

Goblin Medium Tank "Diamondback" (Player)
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Old Scratch (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Heavy Chemical Laser at Old Scratch (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 12, hit Front (damage blocked by terrain)!

Bulldog Medium Tank (Player)
- Fires Heavy Rifle at Old Scratch (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Front (44/50 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 (Inferno) at Old Scratch (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 (Inferno) at Old Scratch (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!

Thor Artillery Vehicle "Exhumer" (Player)
- Holds fire!

Devil’s Due
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Marsden II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Front (20/35 armor remaining)!

Old Scratch
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Desert Hawg (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!

End Phase
Old Scratch
- Through-armor critical chance in Turret: rolled 11, ammunition hit!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Drifting: Vehicles may shift one column to the left or right during the movement phase without expending an MP to turn, provided the move does not cross through an enemy unit or terrain that would cost additional MP. Adjacent vehicles may be rammed for low damage with a sideswipe and lighter vehicles may be knocked off course next turn!
Half-Height Terrain: All terrain features rise to only half their normal height. Vehicles behind a height 1 hill may still attack and be attacked, but may only receive damage to their turrets. Vehicles without turrets are hidden as normal. Hills only cost 1 MP to climb rather than the additional 2. BattleMech and IndustrialMech units treat height 1 hexes as if they are clear terrain, height 2 as if they are height 1, etc.
Oases: Oases are surrounded by boggy soil that will trap ground vehicles and may attract native fauna.
Mirages: Heat shimmer can make water appear where there is none. Mirages may be driven through safely but may hide other features.
Redline the Engines: The Desert Hawg’s speed cannot be reduced by damage or critical hits.

Primary Objectives
- Protect the Desert Hawg (0/1)
- Disable or destroy the Devil’s Due (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Drive away or destroy Scarback (Complete)
- Disable or destroy Old Scratch (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PTN's note: We're almost certainly losing two more player units to auto-scrolling next turn, so if that happens I might roll us straight into a combat theater vote instead.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Welp, that's what I get for trying to hide behind cover. There's literally no move I can make that won't get me scrolled off the map.

E: I just noticed that the Bulldog ended its movement on a hill. :rip: Goonlance.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 14, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

Welp, that's what I get for trying to hide behind cover. There's literally no move I can make that won't get me scrolled off the map.

Not just you, though. The Bulldog's in the same boat--because of the elevation change it can't drift, and it needs a drift to get somewhere it won't get scrolled.

Edit: If I ever do another scrolling map it'll be stationary bits of fighting followed by short chase / race sequences.

My original plan for a scrolling map was a 'dodge the orbital strike' mission

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 14, 2016

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
Players just needed 5/8s or so (certainly nobody should have been less than 4/6), otherwise they end up on rails; even the hawg is close to scrolling off at this point.

The map could be slightly re-centred to save two players, but that's a bit unfair to the agromech pilot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's an experiment, like I mentioned we'll be carrying these players over into a real mission just like the last time an experiment failed.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I choose to believe that Mehrens will continue chasing these two until one party is dead, regardless of the mission ending.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I like to think that Phelix is just genre-savvy like the blatant Blofeld clone he is, and intentionally backing out of a fool's errand.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Can we get a piloting check based desperate pedal to the metal drag race? :ohdear: I don't want to give up on these guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
If you can clear all enemy units from the field maybe the mission will end before you get scrolled off.

...just sayin'.

• Locked thread