Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

I'm thinking of spending some money on these things and wanted your thoughts on the surface texture of the models.

Some of the photos suggest that there's some residual 'stepping' from the 3D printing process. Is this noticeable IRL or is it something that you only catch on camera?

It depends on the model. Anything with a big flat undetailed surface is more likely to pick some of that up, as is anything with a rounded surface. I've actually picked up a few more that I'm in the process of priming, and the Victor's head was particularly bad.

But that stepping isn't actually a bad thing. A slightly rough, uneven surface makes it easier for the paint to stick and is basically unnoticable if you're building up paint in thin layers. The Warhansa models aren't bad. Of the 26 I've picked up, only one of them (the Stalker) was genuinely poor quality. The rest have all been fine (although the Dragon I picked up lost a finger in transit and the Locust lost one of its toes).

If you're interested in any in particular I can probably give you some details, but so far the 'best' in terms of construction have been the Black Knight and the Zeus. The only molds I haven't particularly liked (in spite of their technical competence) have been their Clan Omnimechs--and that's mostly because I think PGI's redesigns are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

wiegieman posted:

Well, that's what happens when you're incompetent enough to stand on a bridge when there's enemy air assets active and you've lost all of yours.

I thought he just happened to be caught crossing the bridge when the bombing run started, but then why wouldn't he be hustling across that thing to get off once those enemy air assets were reported and just standing there to eat a bomb?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

It depends on the model. Anything with a big flat undetailed surface is more likely to pick some of that up, as is anything with a rounded surface. I've actually picked up a few more that I'm in the process of priming, and the Victor's head was particularly bad.

But that stepping isn't actually a bad thing. A slightly rough, uneven surface makes it easier for the paint to stick and is basically unnoticable if you're building up paint in thin layers. The Warhansa models aren't bad. Of the 26 I've picked up, only one of them (the Stalker) was genuinely poor quality. The rest have all been fine (although the Dragon I picked up lost a finger in transit and the Locust lost one of its toes).

If you're interested in any in particular I can probably give you some details, but so far the 'best' in terms of construction have been the Black Knight and the Zeus. The only molds I haven't particularly liked (in spite of their technical competence) have been their Clan Omnimechs--and that's mostly because I think PGI's redesigns are poo poo.

I'm looking at the Atlas, Warhammer and King Crab at the moment. I was thinking of the Stalker as well, but after what you've said I will probably give that a pass. Any judgement on the Crab?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

I'm looking at the Atlas, Warhammer and King Crab at the moment. I was thinking of the Stalker as well, but after what you've said I will probably give that a pass. Any judgement on the Crab?

Atlas is good, Warhammer's one of the better ones and very true to the classic (pity about the sideways SRM launcher), the King Crab is... fiddly. It's one of the molds I had problems with, since you'll want to use the open claws but they resin there is incredibly thin. If you're accustomed to using two-part epoxy you can fill the claws in to reinforce the resin, but if you're not you're probably going to be stuck using the closed claws.

See that green stuff along the sides? That's on the inside of the claws. That's how thin the resin is.

I still haven't finished painting my King Crab, it's definitely preferable to the official sculpt, but it's certainly not my favorite.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

These last couple of days have been so hectic, I almost completely forgot to submit my orders! I need to amend that. :supaburn:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Back Hack posted:

These last couple of days have been so hectic, I almost completely forgot to submit my orders! I need to amend that. :supaburn:

Orders aren't due until Tuesday because I didn't want people worrying about internet robots over the holidays! :shobon:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Suddenly I had a whim that it would be a funny joke to myself to, if it had been possible, to rename my MWO account to Bethany Cochrane.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Artificer posted:

Suddenly I had a whim that it would be a funny joke to myself to, if it had been possible, to rename my MWO account to Bethany Cochrane.

Rig up a HBK-IIC with flamers and run around in CW declaring Batchalls for the Intel

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Artificer posted:

FYI everyone gets one free account rename; but bewarned that because PGI is PGI this will reset all your control profiles.

Use it wisely, goonwarrior.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
pouncer
Orders in, kicking the gargoyle and my elementals are unloading on those corona squibs.

Next few turns I'll be moving northward.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Orders in, moving to 1034 and facing to 1033, firing at the Crimson Langur Prime. Alt fire is the Hunchback, since I think it's just barely in range of the lasers and LOS.

Edit:

terrenblade posted:

pouncer
Orders in, kicking the gargoyle and my elementals are unloading on those corona squibs.

Next few turns I'll be moving northward.

Are you shooting the gargoyle to? And are you jumping, or running to the gargoyle? I think you can run to 1240, which has a slightly smaller penalty to hit.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 27, 2016

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

thetruegentleman posted:

Orders in, moving to 1034 and facing to 1033, firing at the Crimson Langur Prime. Alt fire is the Hunchback, since I think it's just barely in range of the lasers and LOS.

Edit:

Are you shooting the gargoyle to? And are you jumping, or running to the gargoyle? I think you can run to 1240, which has a slightly smaller penalty to hit.

Jumping and one PPC, need to chill if I'm to do anything next round.
I would prefer not giving it a chance to kick me back, so I intend to land in 1241.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Last call for orders. We'll see if you can manage to kill six `Mechs in 60 seconds.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
We have the potential to at least, even up north we have 3 mechs that are about to take internal damage.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Last call for orders. We'll see if you can manage to kill six `Mechs in 60 seconds.

Surprise Dadlas? ;)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ok thread.

Popping MASC suggests the user wants to move recklessly if they're crossing ice, yes?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh god rofl.

(I'd guess not, unless they've walked on ice before they might not know about the extra MP cost/the heinous PSR test to ignore it with reckless)

e: Basically I think risking that on Ice is so bad that if someone really meant to do it, they'd be explicit in saying they wanted to, but I'm also not the one sending in orders.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 28, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Your logic is sound.

Edit: Nevermind, they actually accounted for the ice's MP costs. I'm just stupid because I just woke up.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 28, 2016

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Gang pile on a certain mech in t-minus 10...9...8...7...

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ok thread.

Popping MASC suggests the user wants to move recklessly if they're crossing ice, yes?

This was my orders wasn't it? As already noted, I did the math and will definitely tell you if I ever want to be reckless again.

Never on Ice though. gently caress ice and this glacier...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
May want to carefully consider attempting kicks when you're high on Necrosia.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
I woke up feeling profoundly sorry I forewent the chance to kick that stupid fire moth in its stupid fire moth toothpick legs.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

PoptartsNinja posted:

May want to carefully consider attempting kicks when you're high on Necrosia.

Oh, right, Necrosia can make people go berserk, can't it? That might be fun.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

Oh, right, Necrosia can make people go berserk, can't it? That might be fun.

No, it just hurts your to-hit and kicks have a chance to drop you on your rear end if you miss. Which Necrosia also makes more likely.

Edit: I mean, to be fair a 2 will fail most anything, but the Necrosia still made failure something like 8% more likely.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 28, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ikuta Glacier: Tactical Update 6

“drat,” August drawled as his target twisted at the last second. His lasers bracketed the Hunchback IIC, and rather than punching through the machine’s center torso his Gauss slug struck it in the arm. The spindly appendage snapped off immediately, pinwheeled once or twice and then buried itself in a snow bank. His shots should’ve been crippling ones, he’d carefully targeted both of the Hunchback’s shoulder autocannons in an effort to knock it out of commission in one fell swoop, but the pilot had anticipated that. He watched as it twisted again, neatly avoiding a salvo from Mechwarrior Sanko’s Crossbow. The pilot even twisted his `Mech’s arm upwards to neatly block the one of the Crossbow’s pulse lasers before it could strike the armored housing of the `Mech’s left autocannon.

“There’s always a reason,” Sanko sounded frustrated, “that a pilot like that lives long enough to earn themselves a Hunchback IIC.”

“Mere competence can triumph over brilliance if it endures long enough,” the un-Clanlike thought brought a smile to August’s lips. “It appears we have missed our chance for a clean kill. Star Commander Nevra, you have my permission to interfere directly. Put that machine down.”

“Roger,” the pilot responded coldly. “Moving to intercept. Commander: Point 5 is still waiting to deploy their present.”

Movement Phase
Executioner G (Player)
- Activates MASC, must pass a 3+ test to avoid damage: rolled 7, succeeds!

Ironhold Battle Armor (Player)
- Activates Necrosia!

Nova G (Player)
- Activates Necrosia!

Huntsman G (Player)
- Insufficient MP to reach hex 1331, movement ends in 1332!

Warhawk H
- Automatic fall in hex 1526!

End Phase:
Wraith 1
- Suffers 11 damage to Point 1 (5/10 armor remaining), Point 4 (5/10 armor remaining), Point 2 (9/10 armor remaining)!
- Stunned by the fall! Unable to act this turn!

Warhawk H
- Suffers 34 damage in the fall to Left Arm (14/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (21/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (18/42 armor remaining), Left Torso (16/26 armor remaining), Left Torso (11/26 armor remaining), Left Torso (6/26 armor remaining), Left Leg (24/35 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 2 avoiding pilot damage = 6): rolled 10, succeeds!

Shooting Phase
Executioner G (player)
- Fires iHeavy Large Laser at Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires iHeavy Large Laser at Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/6 armor, 0/8 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (11/12 armor remaining)!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 37!

Grand Dragon “Yuki-Onna” (Player)
- Fires ER PPC (Clan) at Summoner Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Summoner Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (2/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Summoner Prime (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Summoner Prime (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Summoner Prime (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 28!

Ebon Jaguar G (player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1405!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (3/13 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (5/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (5/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (0/13 armor, 6/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Phantom (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (4/11 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Phantom (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 10, 6 missiles hit Right Arm (10/12 armor remaining), Center Torso (3/12 armor remaining (TAC!)), Right Arm (8/12 armor remaining), Right Arm (6/12 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/11 armor remaining)!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 41!

Night Gyr G (player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Fire Falcon H (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (0/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Fire Falcon H (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Rear Right Torso (0/2 armor, 0/6 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Rear Center Torso (1/3 armor remaining)!
- Fires ATM-12 (HE) at Fire Falcon H (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 10, 6 missiles hit Rear Center Torso (0/3 armor, 6/8 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Center Torso (3/8 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Center Torso (0/8 structure remaining (`Mech Destroyed!)), Rear Center Torso, Head (6/9 armor remaining), Right Leg (7/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Fire Falcon H (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 31!

Crossbow G (player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1604!
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Hunchback IIC (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Hunchback IIC (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hunchback IIC (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/6 armor, 7/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hunchback IIC (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 27!

Stormcrow Prime (player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (14/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (16/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 41 heat, sinks 47!

Ironhold Battle Armor 5 (player)
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 3 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 7, 3 troopers hit Right Torso (18/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (20/38 armor remaining), Left Leg (16/34 armor remaining)!

Pouncer Prime (player)
- Fires ER PPC at Gargoyle D (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 27!

Elementals 3
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Corona Point (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 5, 3 troopers hit Trooper 2 (5/8 armor remaining), Trooper 1 (5/8 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (2/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires APWM at Corona Trooper (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 5, 3 troopers hit with 4 missiles on Trooper 3 (6/8 armor remaining), Trooper 5 (6/8 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (0/8 armor remaining), Trooper 3 (4/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-2 at Corona Point (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 5, 3 troopers hit Trooper 3 (3/8 armor remaining), Trooper 1 (4/8 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (1 trooper killed)!

Nova G (player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1831!
- Fires iHeavy Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires iHeavy Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear Right Torso (0/6 armor, 8/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires iHeavy Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Corona Point (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 small targets + 1 secondary targets - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Wraiths 1
- Stunned, unable to act!

Timber Wolf G (player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (4/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (6/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis V at Crimson Langur (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 Artemis V - 1 Necrosia = 7): rolled 8, 20 missiles hit Right Torso (13/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/23 armor remaining), Left Torso (13/18 armor remaining), Right Leg (0/24 armor, 11/12 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 33!

Elemental 4
- Deals 25 Swarm Attack damage to Mad Dog Prime: hit Left Arm (0/16 armor, 1/10 structure remaining)! Crit!

Huntsman G (player)
- Fires iHeavy Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 Necrosia = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires iHeavy Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 Necrosia = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crimson Langur (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 39!

Warhawk H
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 53!

Gargoyle D
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1240!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Pouncer Prime (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 35!

Hellbringer Prime (field refit)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 31!

Summoner Prime
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (slug) at Grand Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Grand Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (4/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Grand Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Grand Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, Fails to lock-on!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 28!

Wolf Spider D
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0305!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cluster = 9): rolled 10, 3 submunitions hit Right Torso (4/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (25/26 armor remaining), Left Arm (11/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 35!

Hunchback IIC
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Executioner G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (40/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Executioner G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 23!

Fire Moth D
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/22 armor, 10/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 23!

Fire Falcon H
- Reverses arms!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (18/33 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 heavy laser = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (8/33 armor remaining)!
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Night Gyr G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 heavy laser = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 29!

Phantom B
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1208!
- Fires SRM-4 at Executioner G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 27!

Mad Dog Prime
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Nova G (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Rear Center Torso (0/8 armor, 14/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Nova G (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 33!

Crimson Langur Prime
- Fires ER Large Laser at Huntsman G (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Huntsman G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 heavy laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Huntsman G (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 heavy laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 31!

Mad Dog D
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 32!

Afreet Point
- Hold fire!

Corona Point
- Fire Medium Pulse Lasers at Stormcrow Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 12, 3 troopers hit Right Arm (11/18 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (3/10 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (2/9 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Phantom
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Foot actuator damaged!
- - Upper leg actuator damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage = 7): rolled 2, fails!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage + 2 avoiding damage = 9): rolled 4, fails!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Suffers 4 damage in the fall to Right Arm (2/12 armor remaining)!

Hunchback IIC
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Crimson Langur
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Foot actuator damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Mad Dog Prime
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Medium Pulse Laser damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!

Night Gyr G (Player)
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - ATM-12 damaged!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 10, succeeds!

Nova G (Player)
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Nova G (Player)
- Kicks Crimson Langur Prime (4 base + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 Clanner + 1 Necrosia - 2 kick = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Pouncer (Player)
- Kicks Gargoyle D (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Clanner - 2 kick = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (7/34 armor remaining)!

Gargoyle D
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1240!
- Punches Pouncer Prime with Right Hand (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Battle Fists = 9): rolled 11, hit Head (1/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Punches Pouncer Prime with Left Hand (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 Battle Fists = 9): rolled 5, miss!

End Phase:
Nova G (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 missed kick + 1 Necrosia = 5): rolled 2, fails!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 0 missed kick + 1 Necrosia + 2 avoiding damage = 7): rolled 6, fails!
- Suffers 5 damage in the fall to Left Leg (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 5, succeeds!

Pouncer G (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 missed kick + 1 Necrosia = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Warhawk H
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 base = 4): rolled 11, succeeds!
- Moves recklessly into hex 1327 (4 base + 1 MP cost = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Moves recklessly into hex 1227 (4 base + 2 MP cost = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Phantom
- Stands carefully (4 base + 2 actuator damage - 2 careful stand = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Afreet Point
- Counter-swarms Elemental Point 4 (4 base + 2 opposing number + 4 swarm attack = 10): rolled 2, fails!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Necrosia Stimulants Once per game, BattleMechs and Elementals may inject themselves with Necrosia stimulants granting them heightened reaction times for three turns. While Necrosia stimulants are active, Mechwarriors gain a -1 bonus to gunnery due to their heightened reaction times but suffer a +1 penalty to piloting tests due to minor visual hallucinations. Elementals in Ironhold Armor gain a -1 bonus to gunnery with no penalties. All other Elementals instead gain a -2 bonus to Anti-Mech attacks with no penalties.
Icy Conditions Ice hexes are in play. At the bottom of the ravine, all ice hexes are treated as though they are elevation -6. It is possible to break through these ice hexes and fall into the liquid water below. If a `Mech does not extract itself from the water in two turns it will be frozen in place and immobilized (or destroyed if completely submerged).
-60 C All `Mechs cool 3 additional points each turn

House Rule
Heavy Vibro Claws deal +1 damage per claw per elemental on leg and swarm attacks rather than the standard ruling.

Primary Objectives
- Achieve 100% humiliation or more

Secondary Objectives
- Push or charge a Widowmaker unit into the ravine (+0%/10%)
- Kill Star Colonel Jolán Vickers (+10%/10%)
- Leave one crippled enemy alive (+0%/5%) (+5% if that unit is an enemy officer)
- Completely destroy a crippled enemy (+0%/10%)
- Defeat 3 `Mechs with Elementals (+0%/10%)
- Drug Free: defeat 5 enemy `Mechs without the aid of Necrosia (+6%/10%)
- Battle High: defeat 5 enemy `Mechs with the aid of Necrosia (+8%/10%)
- Give the Hunchback IIC pilot an honorable death OR capture them honorably (+0%/10%)
- Score twice as many kills than the Glacier (10%/10%)
- - Players 7
- - Glacier 2

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday Jan/3/2017! (Not going to require drunken International Hangover Day New Years Eve orders)

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Goddamn that Crimson Langur got impeccable luck, he must be stealing all of mine. :argh:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 28, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Meanwhile Afreet Point continues the Benny Hill Antics on that poor Mad Dog.

Also the Warhawk is now open for getting shot a bunch.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also the Warhawk is now open for getting shot a bunch.

I'm heading that way to pick up my wraiths so I'll take some back shoots into it. However I think we might want to start swing around to take care of the Gargoyle, he's in a good position start doing damage to us if we don't do something about it.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 28, 2016

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Awwww, I lost my missiles. They were fun.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I wonder what it is like to be piloting a mech getting swarmed. Horror movie climax scenes probably show something similar.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
I am cold, I am about to fix this by running to 1008 and unloading on the Hunchback with both my iHLLs and the gauss rifle. I will also be removing one of the Phantom's legs with a kick on 4+

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much

Back Hack posted:

I'm heading that way to pick up my wraiths so I'll take some back shoots into it. However I think we might want to start swing around to take care of the Gargoyle, he's in a good position start doing damage to us if we don't do something about it.

Yeah, we gotta finish clearing the south and start moving north to meet the reinforcements.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Remmon posted:

I am cold, I am about to fix this by running to 1008 and unloading on the Hunchback with both my iHLLs and the gauss rifle. I will also be removing one of the Phantom's legs with a kick on 4+

PTN's fluff said that your character just ordered the Nova's air assets to come back around and take out the Hunchback itself with a strafing run, so I guess being proactive about it lets you confirm that kill anyway. Guess we're gonna get a visit from some of your Kirghiz again in the next turn or two.

Enemy Afreet continues to fail to counterswarm the Elementals currently swarming the Mad Dog, who are still doing their work. Too bad about the Wraiths falling off and getting stunned after the Warhawk took a tumble, and then it getting away before they could latch on again, but it's armor is beat to poo poo, ready for any fire to come its way and put it down or connect with a crit, and a guess bumming a ride with the Nova until ready to swarm another Widowmaker mech will get them back into the fight sooner rather than later, though with the Nova currently on it's back after that missed kick, that'll take longer than it should.

Shame about the water cannons on the Grand Dragon not connecting this turn, hopefully with the just returned scout lance really close by, they'll connect next turn and we'll be bale to see what they can do. Also, losing the ATM launcher on the Night Gyr will cut down on critseeking, right when you need it most up top, though I guess the Crossbow can compensate. Just don't get bottled up too much up there, take out the rest of their heavy hitters, and you should be fine to mop up the lights if you haven't been too badly damaged.

Niacin posted:

Yeah, we gotta finish clearing the south and start moving north to meet the reinforcements.

Just remember not to take the bridges and move carefully down the glacier before crossing the ice when transiting to the north side or just jump over the gap if you're gonna do this, unless you wanna take a spill like the late Widowmaker Star Colonel there at the beginning of the mission, and meet a similarly ignominious end.

EDIT:\/\/\/ True, but the heavier mechs seem like they're already pretty beat up. Still, the amount of weaponry on each threat seems about even and the amount of firepower needed to take each out seems about the same. Guess you guys should take what good shots you can get and run up that Humiliation meter as best you can whatever mechs you choose to target.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 29, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Counterpoint: finishing off some fresh lights right away is a quick and easy way to reduce my firepower.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
This is true. If Bloody Pom turrets up he can blap the Locust IIC on 6es with all his pulse lasers, giving him a great chance of a cripple or kill. The Black Lanner B is also a huge thread since twin LRM-20s is quite outsized firepower for it's amount of armor.

Hopefully most of the lights won't have such big move mods on coming turns, since they were able to sprint straight in and rack up +4s in many cases this turn.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Hey guys, I'm thinking about things now, but:

PTN just gave us a subtle reminder that we have air assets, the south has already won, and the north is looking dire.

I'm not sure the Hunchback as the target is neccissarily the best use of that resource, though.

Let's work out a rough timeline to our forces meeting.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

This is true. If Bloody Pom turrets up he can blap the Locust IIC on 6es with all his pulse lasers, giving him a great chance of a cripple or kill. The Black Lanner B is also a huge thread since twin LRM-20s is quite outsized firepower for it's amount of armor.

Hopefully most of the lights won't have such big move mods on coming turns, since they were able to sprint straight in and rack up +4s in many cases this turn.

I was actually thinking of opening up on both the Locust and the Fire Moth, since I have shots on both of them with equal odds. There's a good chance I'll eat poo poo this turn given my crippled mech and the amount of firepower I'm facing.

1 LPL, 2 MPL at the Fire Moth. 1 LPL, 2 MPL and SRM6 at the Locust IIC.

e: Screw it, that Fire Moth is too dangerous to leave alive, I'm ending it.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 29, 2016

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
I'm considering using the last turn of drug use to shoot both 20 LRMs into the Warhawk, and then use two Heavy Medium Lasers on the Crimson Langur, walking into the forest just ahead to both get some cover and further increase the chance to hit; with other players shooting, we have a good chance of knocking both out next turn. A bit worried about the Elementals getting counter swarmed though: might have to get them to jump off so some friendlies can save them if/when the Afreet finally make their roll.

Regardless, crossing over to the North isn't really possible for the Timberwolf: the ice and the cliff size would slow the mech down too much. Instead, I'll probably shoot the ER Large lasers and maybe the LRMs while pacing on the edge of the cliff: long range attacks aren't the best, but even one hit from an ER Large is bad news for a Medium mech, let alone a Light, so it kind of evens out.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

thetruegentleman posted:

I'm considering using the last turn of drug use to shoot both 20 LRMs into the Warhawk

I'd advice against that, the Warhawk is on it's last leg with EponymousMrYar and (if possible) me shooting it in the back next turn. You're in a good position to either kill the Crimson Langur prime or start shooting the Gargoyle, which we really really need to start doing sooner rather than later because it's in relatively good health, has plenty of crit seakers, and it's about to pounce our Pouncer Prime.

Also here are my possible orders:
Nova G:
Attempt to stand (Luck! Don't fail me now, I'm basically out of the game if it does. :psyduck:)
Run 1328, face 1228
Fire 3x improved Heavy Medium Laser and Plasma Cannon at Warhawk H

Wraith #1:
Jumpjet to 1328
Embark on Nova G

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
You don't have nearly enough MP to run that far unfortunately, and you can't jump the same turn as you stand up. I think you can get to 1428 though.

• Locked thread