Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jng2058 posted:

That's way too far north to be New Avalon. New Avalon's southeast of Terra. Looks like old Draconis March territory, somewhere around Bremond, I think. Probably either a false flag op to get the old Draconis March troops riled up enough to attack former Combine troops who've been their hereditary enemies for centuries, or an actual attack by rogue ex-DCMS guys to do the same thing.

My guess was New Ivaarsen, it's in that area and the local Duke has the New Ivaarsen Chasseurs willing to oblige his requests for revenge. Especially effective since they're line regiments and the 1st is one of the most proficient units in the Davion army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's been discussed on this very page, but this isn't the thread for Warhammer 40k. I'm writing the combat theater vote, don't worry. There're a lot of options this time so it's taking a while.

Go ahead, speculate wildly.

Hmmm, I am guessing that A will probably involve a Stiner campaign to retake worlds that have been conquered, B will be the Homeworld Clans stumbling across one of the many NRWR outposts while on their way to poo poo all over the Inner Sphere and the NRWR Outpost trying to hold out long enough to get a message out, C will either be another headbutting contest between the Taurans and the break away Capellan March or then forming a tenative alliance to go shitkick Laio, D is the assassination attempt against Marik... E I got nothing for, and F will be fake pirate raids to stir up poo poo in the DS.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
D probably means Capellans and I am really curious what kind of crazy tech they have by now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
None of those options appear to be Rasalhague.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Come on D, we need to take the fight to the cappies!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Totally voting A!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Defiance Industries posted:

My guess was New Ivaarsen, it's in that area and the local Duke has the New Ivaarsen Chasseurs willing to oblige his requests for revenge. Especially effective since they're line regiments and the 1st is one of the most proficient units in the Davion army.

Yeah, that tracks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Combat Theater Vote

Frederick Steiner shut his eyes and just let himself float. He’d never been comfortable at social gatherings and manipulating the vipers’ nest of Lyran politics was tiresome. He should probably have felt it strange that it was only onboard a military DropShip bound for a hostile world that he could relax. Worries about a vote of no confidence were nothing in the face of incoming PPC fire, and at least in the cockpit of his Zeus he could battle and destroy his enemy. If only he could have handled the Estates General so easily. The temptation to trod upon that pack of malingering jackals was never far from his thoughts, these days.

He needed a victory—a real victory—if he had any hope of retaining the Archonship. The Lyran Commonwealth needed victories if it was going to survive. Victories were something Frederick was prepared to deliver, even if he’d had to endure six months of whining as he stripped the Commonwealth’s rimward defenses bare. The people of the Lyran Commonwealth were nervous—where their worlds had once hosted battalions or even regiments now most sported a single company—and some of the safest could claim only a single lance of defenders. The Clans had dealt with the worst of the pirates, the people on those worlds would be safe. Unless they rioted. Unless the Free Worlds League got uncharacteristically adventurous.

Better the League than the Clans. He wasn’t going to fail, but if he did, leaving the squabbling idiots to Duncan Marik was a justice all its own. It was preferable to collaborating, like the Witch’s daughter had. Not even Thomas Hogarth had been able to convince the rat’s nest of traitors in Skye to reconcile—Frederick had been willing to meet Melissa half-way, to grant her Co-Archonship, to let her manage the Commonwealth’s diplomacy and politics while he kept her from ruining the military. It would have been a fair partnership, but she’d rejected it in favor of joining forces with the Steel Vipers.

His eyes snapped open as the five minute pre-jump alarm sounded. Without a word he buckled himself into his restraint chair to await the final jump to Arc Royal. Clan strength was hard to estimate, but not even they could withstand fifty `Mech regiments deploying almost simultaneously. The Lyran Commonwealth would be whole again, and if Frederick Steiner had to take every world in the occupation zone personally to accomplish that, so be it.

Plan Katrina
The Lyran Commonwealth has mobilized almost the entirety of the remaining LCAF for a massive counterattack against the stabilizing Clan occupation zone. With most of the Commonwealth’s industrial capacity under foreign control, Archon Frederick Steiner knows that if this assault fails it could mean the end of the Lyran Commonwealth as a power in the Inner Sphere. He has joined his troops to personally lead them to the victory the Commonwealth requires—or to die trying.

RWA Listening Post 84
Can a small force of Republic volunteers hold the line long enough to get a warning out?

Operation: Brass Bull
With the TSC Vendetta crippled in high orbit by a suicidal fighter attack, The Taurian Concordat’s invasion of New Syrtis has taken on a desperate air. With the planetary spaceport crippled by the initial Taurian nuclear attack, the Duchy has been unable to significantly redeploy its defense forces but at the same time the Vendetta is unable to launch follow-up strikes against the Duchy’s defensive positions. The TDF’s ground invasion is nevertheless underway with one goal: the capture of Duke Morgan Hasek.

Liberators of Oriente
With the Capellan Confederation under an interdiction, the Fusiliers of Oriente finally have the opportunity they’ve been waiting decades for: a chance to retake Oriente itself! With the aid of the Regulan Hussars and the Silver Hawk Irregulars, they’ve launched a hasty sortie in the hopes of reclaiming their ancestral home.

Tamarind Exchange
Every so often, a young noble on the Commonwealth/League border gets a bee in his bonnet about an ancestral holding on the other side of the border. Clarence “Lancer” Brett is little different from most. With delusions of excellence and a `Mech company cobbled together from friends made at Hero Training Institute on Maxwell, Lancer intends to reclaim his “family lands” on Dixie.

Misery’s Company
The sudden appearance of Yakuza BattleMechs has Major Maigret of the 33rd New Avalon Hussars up in arms. No longer content with the Candy Stripers’ insistence that they are ‘handling’ local organized crime, Maigret has deployed the third battalion around the capitol, Sabaku no Hana, in force. But can the might of the Federated Suns possibly be enough to deter the greatest heist in Misery’s history?

Combat Theater Vote:
A) Plan Katrina
B) RWA Listening Post 84
C) Operation: Brass Bull
D) Liberators of Oriente
E) Tamarind Exchange
F) Misery’s Company

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 6, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Plan Katrina

Sounds rad.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A hard choice between Plan Katrina and helping those poor NRWR folks at the listening post. Hmmm.

Think I'll go mystery box. B) RWA Listening Post 84

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
C

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
F space robbery yesssss

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

All these choices look good. I think its time for a heist!

F) Misery’s Company

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
C

Operation Brass Bull Taurians! Nukes! Death to Capella!!

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

E

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh this one's a toughie.

I'll hold on to my vote for now.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
B never not mystery box! What's the threat, another wave of Clanners?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

B!

I want to see what's coming.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
B: The political value of being the only ones aware of the second clan invasion is immeasurable. Let's see what the Amaris family can trade it for, assuming the volunteers succeed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
D Let's launch a potentially suicidal liberation mission to gain control of a planet we'll never be able to hold.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Going to go with B because the allure of the mystery box and more Amaris toys is too strong.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The implications of B are too big to ignore.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
A. It is time for the Lyran Commonwealth to show its true worth.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
gently caress B, the DSMS counter-attack gave us Operation Malvoisine and the glorious fight that ensued (and resulted in almost total annihilation, which is always fun).

A

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know what? Fair enough. Let's toss the Lyrans a bone.

A

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I was going to say lets check out what the little states are up to, but I can't say no to a heist with robots.

F

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Lots of enticing options here but in the end I'm far too intrigued by B to pick any others. Also I've developed a real soft spot for the Republic.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

A

Cry havoc and let slip the Steiner of war.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A

Remember the Commonwealth's first encounter with the Steel Vipers on Somerset all those years ago? Time we returned the favor, with interest.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
A

If the Lyrans are all-in, then this is a make-or-break operation, and that demands player awesomeness/horribleness.

Plus someone will get to get Fredrick Steiner killed play the Archon in the fight.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

B

Desperate holdouts are fun to watch!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
B

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh man, you had me at Space Heist: F

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

B. I want to know what's in the mystery box.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

F Because a heist in the middle of giant intergalactic warfare is going to rock.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
These are all great, but going with A.

Revenge for Somerset!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
B) RWA Listening Post 84

Mystery Box! Desperate Last Stands amd DFAs for all!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Be the rock upon which the Clans break like waves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

E tally ho chaps

• Locked thread