Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Zombie Mech for MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Allied MVP: The Banshee Last Mech standing is a classic.

Enemy MVP: Battle Cobra Prime How many turns did we all target this fellow? Probably too many.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Allied MVP: The Zeus for it's classic to it's LRM racks. Bonus that it was the first shot of the match!

Enemy MVP: Battle Cobra Prime for staying alive under an inordinate amount of fire.

Surprise MVP: The Black Marauder. Heeeeeeere's Johnny!

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 13, 2017

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Allied MVP: Aiming high with Gauss Rifles. :haw:
(That was what, at least two huge scary clan assault mechs that went down due to one hit headshots? If either of those headcaps didn't happen goons would probably be either dead or much closer to it than they even are right now).

OpFor MVP: King Cobra for being huge area denial and finally getting it's mace in to action in the best way possible.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

OpFor MVP: King Cobra for being huge area denial and finally getting it's mace in to action in the best way possible.

To be fair, that mace attack is what won the mission for the players.

That said, the Banshee also won it by moving directly into the Marauder's way, which meant it couldn't reach a water hex that turn.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Allied MVP: The Banshee. Last man standing as said and for blocking the rampaging mech.

Opfor: MVP: King Cobra, was constant threat at all times and we all just tried to avoid it.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Allied MVP: Zeus - all but missionkilled from the LRM rack kaboom but then kept the KC tied up...

Enemy MVP: ... zombie'rauder? Does that count as enemy?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Allied MVP: The Marauder for breaching armor on the King Cobra, spooking the last Clan officer into seeking SafCon, and eating a clan mace headcap from the biggest clan threat left on the field to allow the Lyrans to end with a fully alive roster.

Opfor MVP: The Marauder for mission-killing the Zeus and crippling the Banshee.

That thing rolled zero gunnery for three consecutive turns out of the four it was active.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
So do only Patreon funders get to know about that Marauder or what?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

TildeATH posted:

So do only Patreon funders get to know about that Marauder or what?

You know, for all the years of entertainment this thread has given me, I should really chip in a buck or five.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
King Cobra for being the battlefield Boogeyman

Edit:

CourValant posted:

You know, for all the years of entertainment this thread has given me, I should really chip in a buck or five.

Same, what's the link?

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 13, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Since I know PTN doesn't particularly enjoy posting it himself: PTN's Patreon

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Banshee and King Cobra

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tonder/Steiner OTP

...Oh, wait, that's not what we're voting for?

Zeus and King Cobra

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Allied MVP: Penetrator - for using his stubby little arms to kill an enemy 'Mech.

Opforce MVP: King Cobra - for knowing to bash the zombie Marauder in the head.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 13, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

mekilljoydammit posted:

Enemy MVP: ... zombie'rauder? Does that count as enemy?

It does.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Goon MVP: Banshee for cutting off the cyberzombie Marauder and as the last mech standing
Honorable mention to the Green Knight for taking out the Dire Wolf by aiming high
OpFor MVP: King Cobra for going smashy smashy on the Marauder

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

GhostStalker posted:

Goon MVP: Banshee for cutting off the cyberzombie Marauder and as the last mech standing
Honorable mention to the Green Knight for taking out the Dire Wolf by aiming high
OpFor MVP: King Cobra for going smashy smashy on the Marauder

Sounds good, +1!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Player MVP: Zeus for channeling purestrain Battletech.
Enemy MVP: King Cobra for saving the Inner Sphere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zeus, for slugging through a whole lotta and Battle Cobra Prime for being a right pain in the butt.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

vorebane posted:

Player MVP: Zeus for channeling purestrain Battletech.

Thank... you?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Volmarias posted:

Thank... you?

You had half your firepower taken out by RNG from the word go but you soldiered on and managed to keep a 100t Clan Assault running around in circles while helping your team focus down their own threats, that's worth a vote in my book.

The fact that the actual taking out of said firepower was hilarious is just icing

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

While true, said clanner was just toying with me, or so I assumed? I fully expected a flavor text where I got cornered and pasted

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

What ever happened to the ai control drop ship?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Chronojam posted:

In the CapCon somewhere?

Hopefully we'll get another 'State of the Sphere' style update with the next mission vote.

Speaking of, now that we know what the Lyrans are up to, maybe now's a good time to check in on that CapCon interdiction?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Chronojam posted:

Roaming around in territory in the middle of a communication blackout by Comstar IIRC. Along with this universe's version of The Society.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Hopefully we'll get another 'State of the Sphere' style update with the next mission vote.

There really hasn't been enough change to warrant one.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
As a result of reading this fight, I've made the roll for an Ammunition Feed Problem only happen if your attack roll is a natural 2.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ammo Feed Problems is one of the worst of the negative quirks for sure.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Political Vote – Advanced Warning

“More of them.”

A chill breeze sent the flaps of Frederick Steiner’s command tent fluttering. The familiar sound of canvas and the sheer familiarity of campaigning was almost peaceful, after a fashion. Frederick Steiner was no stranger to camping in the field, and that morning he’d thought nothing short of a Clan attack would be able to rouse him from his contentment. The campaign had been going well, the first wave of their counterattack had already seized three worlds from the shockingly-unprepared Steel Vipers.

The missive he still held in his left had had shocked him out of any sense of satisfaction he’d started the day with. The representatives from Saeder-Krupp hadn’t lied. After a week’s analysis the only conclusion the LIC had come to was that the information they’d included in today’s intelligence briefing was all legitimate. The initial Clan invasion had begun with only four Clans, each fighting with a mere two Galaxies—a formation he’d come to understand matched the strength of roughly three or four regiments. It had only taken two of those Clans to cut a swath from the Periphery to Skye. Now there were more of them on the way—at least seven more—a teeming horde to the Clans’ initial surgical strike. That they’d grown frustrated at the other Clans’ lack of “progress” and had been infuriated by the Steel Vipers’ claim of “complete success” hardly seemed to matter. And now, Frederick was committed to a counter-invasion that would let these newcomers roll up his flank and destroy the entirety of the LCAF en masse.

Even four months’ advanced warning hardly felt sufficient. He needed to end his counterattack, to focus his troops on a periphery defense to keep this new Clan force from sweeping through key worlds like Coventry, and Tharkad. The Estates General wouldn’t understand, they were already furious he’d stripped so many worlds of their defenders. The only thing that would satisfy them now was success, if he faltered they’d be on him faster than a pack of hungry Godan.

How did one insure the survival of a nation in the face of short-sighted greed? drat that Aldo Lestrade, he’d been cursed since the day they’d first met. Frederick would have been happy serving Katrina Steiner as General of the Armies. Moving battalions and regiments around and pitting his tactical acumen against some Draconis Combine warlord or the Clans was the only thing Frederick truly wanted to do. The soldier in him knew what he needed to do to win, and the general in him knew how to make those fights happen, but playing politician had crippled his ability to create the battles that might have saved the Commonwealth when the Clans first invaded three years ago.

It was one thing to know how and where to fight, it was another thing entirely to convince an entire nation to let you. Witch she might have been, but if she’d still been here Katrina Steiner would have been just the buffer he would have needed. She knew how to do more than simply get her way—she’d known how to convince others that her way was what they’d really wanted all along. He saw now that Duke Lestrade had engineered this from the start: he’d wanted Frederick to fail, so that Skye would have a chance to secede. Well, Lestrade may have laughed, but the last laugh had been on him: his son had acted first, and allied with the Clans. Frederick was out of goodwill to spend, Lestrade had burned it all.

The only other bargaining chip he still had at his disposal was fear.

Political Vote
A) What should Archon Frederick Steiner do?
1) Continue the invasion, drat the military consequences.
2) End the invasion immediately and redeploy the LCAF to oppose the Second Crusade, drat the political consequences.
3) Release the news of the second Clan invasion to the entire Lyran Commonwealth to frighten the nobility back in line, drat the economic consequences.
4) Forge an alliance with Task Force Serpent to oppose the Second Crusade, drat the pride of the Lyran Commonwealth.
5) Step down as Archon in favor of someone more politically savvy, take advantage of the confusion to redeploy the LCAF to better oppose Second Crusade, drat Duke Lestrade and my own hubris.
6) Release the news of the second Clan invasion to the entire Inner Sphere.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
4 The craziest timeline is the best timeline. The groundwork is already there, even!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress politics

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Hm, tough call. 4

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

gently caress it all, we need get some more firepower on our side.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

drat. It. All.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, good thing we succeeded last op and got this warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The Clans won't have surprise on their side this time. :argh:

• Locked thread