Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

mekilljoydammit posted:

Would spectators prefer we post orders in here too? If so.

Special: Orion - be Demoralizing

Movement:
Warhammer: Move to 1808, facing 1809. If the optional sprint rule is allowed, move to 1809 facing 1810.
Orion: Move to 1514, facing 1413

Firing:
Warhammer: If I'm in 1808 I'm pretty sure there's no valid targets, and if I sprinted I can't shoot. Not shooting either way.
Orion: Fire at Scout Car currently in 1316

I figure first priority is killing the scouts, so I'm shooting that instead of the mech in 1412, for better or for worse. My basic plans are to hit whatever's convenient with the Orion, ducking into woods if anything too big comes calling (special skill lets me, among other things, move through woods for no extra cost) At the same time, getting the Warhammer down to that area to help.

I'm starting to think it might be better for our heavier lances to start focusing on neutralizing their Capellan equals while scout-killing is left to the scout lance. Our firepower is low-to-middling but our maneuverability is pretty high, which makes us much more suited to chasing vehicles around, whereas we don't really have the firepower to put down high-armor targets like you guys can.

While our heavies have been trying to pop scouts, the Cappies have slipped a medium and a heavy into prime backshotting positions at the bottom of the map, and they have a supporting assault pushing down that way as well. We really need to start matching our mechs to targets more effectively or we're going to be outwitted by Capellans, and how will we ever be able to show our faces in the Concordat after that? :v:

Realbarrow fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Realbarrow posted:

I'm starting to think it might be better for our heavier lances to start focusing on neutralizing their Capellan equals while scout-killing is left to the scout lance. Our firepower is low-to-middling but our maneuverability is pretty high, which makes us much more suited to chasing vehicles around, whereas we don't really have the firepower to put down high-armor targets like you guys can.

While our heavies have been trying to pop scouts, the Cappies have slipped a medium and a heavy into prime backshotting positions at the bottom of the map, and they have a supporting assault pushing down that way as well. We really need to start matching our mechs to targets more effectively or we're going to be outwitted by Capellans, and how will we ever be able to show our faces in the Concordat after that? :v:

Mm, I do basically agree... this turn the scout car just ended up in the right place at close range. I was just looking at *that particular* scout car and thinking that if it doesn't go down this firing turn, chasing it down will be hard as heck. And looking at our mission objectives, if we focus on it a bit, killing 4 more nice thin scouts is going to be a lot easier than killing off 9 more mechs that outmass us significantly.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

mekilljoydammit posted:

Mm, I do basically agree... this turn the scout car just ended up in the right place at close range. I was just looking at *that particular* scout car and thinking that if it doesn't go down this firing turn, chasing it down will be hard as heck. And looking at our mission objectives, if we focus on it a bit, killing 4 more nice thin scouts is going to be a lot easier than killing off 9 more mechs that outmass us significantly.

Fair point about the mission objectives, but we won't be able to accomplish either objective if we let heavier Capellan mechs outmaneuver ours and drive them off the field before we can finish our work. Gotta at least keep them honest, you know?

As for that scout car, it's a zippy little jerk, but I've placed the Javelin with an eye to handling that. If we don't manage to kill that scout car this turn, the Javelin can move to another suitable firing position atop the ridge and zap the Swift Wind anywhere within 12 hexes using Range Master from on high.

If the Scarabus survives being in Medium range of an assault mech for a turn, I will likely use it to do something suitably insane to throw off Capellan positioning, a task for which it and its pilot seem ideally suited. :black101:

Realbarrow fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 21, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The ridgeline is not a safe place to be.

Edit: Still doing my best to get a Vindicator MVP.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 21, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
We already had an excellent fluff entry explicitly mentioning that the ridgeline will get you killed. Goooooooons!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As a spectator, definitely post orders/reasoning in here. It's fun to read along!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That was an amazing use of the Demoralizer SPA.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

I'm excited to see if that was me - I think I'm starting to get ideas about how to cheese things.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Retaking Sirdar Update 6

Carina winced as Sgt. Borst’s scream was cut decisively short. She’d been fighting for a long time, but she’d never gotten used to losing friends—acquaintances, really, in Borst’s case. He’d been a tall, thin man with a long, pointed nose—which had earned him his nickname so long ago that even Carina couldn’t remember who’d given it to him. They were long dead, and now Borst had joined them.

She didn’t know much more about the man—like all Javelin pilots he’d just seemed sort of ubiquitous, especially back when the Duchy was still part of the AFFS. His career hadn’t been anything spectacular, but he’d been reliable, unassuming, and capable. Precisely the sort of Mechwarrior the Sirdar Militia favored. She’d bet money on the new kid dying first: Fungi was just that sort, a glory-seeking FNG who probably wouldn’t survive three missions without a lot of luck on his side. The Draconis Combine called kids like him Dragons’ Tears, ostensibly because the Dragon cried whenever one of them died—but in practice because the DCMS was usually strengthened by shedding them. It all made her glad she’d never had kids of her own. It was too much hassle—and she’d already shed enough blood for Duchy and Homeworld.

“Stay with me, Wither,” Sgt. Mitchel broadcast on their private line. They’d set it up in semi-secret ages ago—they worked so well as a pair that the White Knight chose to look the other way when he’d found out.

“I’ve got your back, you know that,” She swiveled the Grasshopper’s head to get a better look at Suresh Mitchell’s Marauder. “Just keep doing your thing, F.T.C.”

“drat straight,” She could picture Suresh’s grim smile. He always got vicious when a friendly bought it. “gently caress The Capellans.”

Movement Phase
Hunchback (Player)
- Insufficient MP to reach hex 1808: needs 5, has 4!

Sha Yu
- Orion forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 6, fails!

Skulker Light Tank A
- Marauder forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 5, fails!

Galleon Light Tank A
- Marauder forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 5, fails!

Swift Wind Scout Car A
- Orion forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 8, fails!

Swift Wind Scout Car B
- Marauder forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 8, fails!

Shooting Phase
Hunchback (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target!

Watchman (Player)
- Attacks Sha Yu (4 skill + 3 TMM + 2 range + 2 jumped + 1 stealth armor = 12): rolled 9, miss!

Shadow Hawk (Player)
- Attacks Snake (4 skill + 3 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods = 11): rolled 4, miss!

Blackjack (Player)
- Attacks Snake (4 skill + 3 TMM + 0 range + 1 woods = 8): rolled 8, hit! 3 damage sustained! `Mech destroyed!

Warhammer (Player)
- Holds fire!

Orion (Player)
- Attacks Swift Wind Scout Car A (4 skill + 4 TMM + 0 range + 1 woods = 9): rolled 10, hit! 4 damage sustained! Combat Vehicle destroyed!

Marauder (Player)
- Primary target allows Line of Sight!
- Attacks Stalker (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods + 2 jumped - 1 jumping jack = 10): rolled 9, miss!

Grasshopper (Player)

“Fire” Javelin (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!

Scarabus (Player)

Wolfhound (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target! Primary target already destroyed!

Spider (Player)
- Primary target not in front firing arc! :saddowns:

Snake
- Attacks Blackjack (4 skill + 1 TMM + 0 range + 2 jumped + 2 woods = 9): rolled 5, miss!

Crusader Prime
- Attacks Fire Javelin (3 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods - 1 stationary = 8): rolled 9, hit! 6 damage sustained! `Mech destroyed!

Men Shen Prime
- Attacks Shadow Hawk (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 1 woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Jinggau
- Holds fire!

Lao Hu
- Holds fire!

Cyclops
- Holds fire!

Stalker
- Attacks Marauder (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 3 woods = 11): rolled 5, miss!

Sha Yu
- Attacks Orion (4 skill + 1 TMM + 0 range + 1 demoralized = 6): rolled 8, hit! 2 damage sustained!

Vindicator
- Attacks Hunchback (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 1 woods - 1 stationary = 7): rolled 7, hit! 2 damage sustained!

Skulker A
- Attacks Marauder (4 skill + 2 TMM + 0 range + 1 woods + 1 demoralized = 8): rolled 5, miss!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
PTN’s note: I can only do this because we’re playing Alpha Strike.

Crusader Prime
- Remains Stationary in hex 0714!

Men Shen Prime
- Holds position in hex 0530!

Jinggau
- Jumps to hex 1115!

Lao Hu
- Moves to hex 1307!

Cyclops
- Moves to hex 0710!

Stalker
- Moves to hex 0619!

Sha Yu
- Moves to hex 1211!

Vindicator
- Remains Stationary in hex 0207!

Skulker A
- Retreats to hex 0715!

Pegasus B
- Retreats to hex 0112!

Galleon A
- Ends turn in hex 0715!

Galleon B
- Ends turn in hex 1009!

Swiftwind B
- Ends turn in hex 0724!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Forced Withdrawal - `Mechs and Vehicles which suffer more than 50% structure damage will automatically attempt to retreat off the nearest friendly board edge. Units with only 1 point of structure will withdraw if all of their armor is destroyed.

Primary Objectives
Primary Objectives
- Destroy or Drive Off All Enemy Scouts (5/8 destroyed)
or
- Destroy or Drive Off All Enemy `Mechs (4/12 destroyed)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I feel like destroying or killing all scouts is the easier of the two victory conditions now that the company has started taking losses.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to keep on the Stalker and see if I can draw any of the heavy lance. The rest of you guys are more mobile than me so should focus on downing those scouts quick so we can meet the primary objective. Thinking about jumping the Marauder into 0919 and the Grasshopper into 0822.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

C'mon Cappies, put down a couple more. Make it a fight. :argh:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Stay out of LOS of that bastard Crusader.

I'm thinking... the Orion to 1312 to stomp the whatever in 1211, Warhammer to 1710 to shoot the scout tank.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Artificer posted:

I feel like destroying or killing all scouts is the easier of the two victory conditions now that the company has started taking losses.

But should goon company destroy the scouts... or kill them?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
gently caress that snake.

Not sure what to do here. That menshen puts out a shitload of damage and my mediums can't take it, but they're in a good position to take out that swift wind.

Thinking I might jump my blackjack onto the bridge, and push my shadow hawk up into 0928 to shoot at the swift wind and be in a good spot to stomp on it next turn if it lives.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Retaking Sirdar Update 6

Carina winced as Sgt. Borst’s scream was cut decisively short. She’d been fighting for a long time, but she’d never gotten used to losing friends—acquaintances, really, in Borst’s case. He’d been a tall, thin man with a long, pointed nose—which had earned him his nickname so long ago that even Carina couldn’t remember who’d given it to him. They were long dead, and now Borst had joined them.

She didn’t know much more about the man—like all Javelin pilots he’d just seemed sort of ubiquitous, especially back when the Duchy was still part of the AFFS. His career hadn’t been anything spectacular, but he’d been reliable, unassuming, and capable. Precisely the sort of Mechwarrior the Sirdar Militia favored. She’d bet money on the new kid dying first: Fungi was just that sort, a glory-seeking FNG who probably wouldn’t survive three missions without a lot of luck on his side. The Draconis Combine called kids like him Dragons’ Tears, ostensibly because the Dragon cried whenever one of them died—but in practice because the DCMS was usually strengthened by shedding them. It all made her glad she’d never had kids of her own. It was too much hassle—and she’d already shed enough blood for Duchy and Homeworld.

“Stay with me, Wither,” Sgt. Mitchel broadcast on their private line. They’d set it up in semi-secret ages ago—they worked so well as a pair that the White Knight chose to look the other way when he’d found out.

“I’ve got your back, you know that,” She swiveled the Grasshopper’s head to get a better look at Suresh Mitchell’s Marauder. “Just keep doing your thing, F.T.C.”

“drat straight,” She could picture Suresh’s grim smile. He always got vicious when a friendly bought it. “gently caress The Capellans.”

Crusader Prime
- Attacks Fire Javelin (3 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods - 1 stationary = 8): rolled 9, hit! 6 damage sustained! `Mech destroyed!

Well, gently caress. :v:

vorebane posted:

We already had an excellent fluff entry explicitly mentioning that the ridgeline will get you killed. Goooooooons!

I completely missed that. Yay!

Well, now at least I can focus on the Scarabus running around being a maniac. F.T.C! :black101:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well, now we can be extra sure the ridgeline is a no-fly zone. Looks like you're better off using it to break LOS with the Crusader and Jinggau, each capable of dropping a silly amount of damage on top anything in medium range. They're the hardest-hitting Capellans on the field.

Wafflecopper posted:

But should goon company destroy the scouts... or kill them?

:zenpop:

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Xarbala posted:

Well, now we can be extra sure the ridgeline is a no-fly zone. Looks like you're better off using it to break LOS with the Crusader and Jinggau, each capable of dropping a silly amount of damage on top anything in medium range. They're the hardest-hitting Capellans on the field.

Hindsightfully agreed. I'd been trying to use terrain to keep the Javelin masked or at least semi-masked from the heavy/assault lance, then I moved to have clear LOS to zap scouts from afar without keeping it hull-down and pow, vaporized. So much for my plans to set it up to provide fire support for the Scarabus' backstab shenanigans!

Lesson definitely learned, though. I will now focus on keeping minimal LOS to the Scarabus, only with trees instead of terrain.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

So. Sorry to doublepost, but I just noticed that the Marauder jumped to 1020, blocking the Scarabus from getting into cover, leaving it incredibly exposed to the Stalker AND unable to fire on the Swift Wind in 0719.

Y'all didn't put this down on the spreadsheet before the turn was processed, so I had no way of knowing. I would very much like to avoid a recurrence.

If you don't want to use the spreadsheet, could you please at least post your orders in-thread?

Realbarrow fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 22, 2017

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Hm. New thinking - if I take the Orion to 1212 I can probably potshot that scout tank with it too and then kick the hell out of the Sha Yu; could probably also set up a contingency to shoot the tank if the Warhammer doesn't connect with it or shoot the Sha Yu if the Warhammer does.

The way I have the Orion stuck in, I'm not sure I can make it back out - maybe if I cheese Forest Ranger enough, but I'm guesstimating 2 turns before I have to get out of dodge. The odds of spontaneous battleteching are much lower with Alpha Strike - we're not going to be able to kill all of the mechs. Either the counterstrike *or* command lance maybe, but I just am not seeing both. So we will lose if we don't kill the recon stuff.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

mekilljoydammit posted:

Hm. New thinking - if I take the Orion to 1212 I can probably potshot that scout tank with it too and then kick the hell out of the Sha Yu; could probably also set up a contingency to shoot the tank if the Warhammer doesn't connect with it or shoot the Sha Yu if the Warhammer does.

The way I have the Orion stuck in, I'm not sure I can make it back out - maybe if I cheese Forest Ranger enough, but I'm guesstimating 2 turns before I have to get out of dodge. The odds of spontaneous battleteching are much lower with Alpha Strike - we're not going to be able to kill all of the mechs. Either the counterstrike *or* command lance maybe, but I just am not seeing both. So we will lose if we don't kill the recon stuff.

I'll get the watchman near your Orion. I can support your Warhammer too by moving the Hunchie to 1810, although the enemy Vindicator is destroying me. We've got to double-team the Lao Hu next turn though!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Sparq posted:

I'll get the watchman near your Orion. I can support your Warhammer too by moving the Hunchie to 1810, although the enemy Vindicator is destroying me. We've got to double-team the Lao Hu next turn though!

I'm not sure how the Hunchie's maneuvering ace ability works, but with trees I think you can only get to 1809. That might get you out of LOS of the Vindicator though. I think you might have shots on the Sha Yu or Galleon B from there though.

Be careful if you're going to wade the Watchman into that mess. I'm trying to keep enough trees between the Orion and Jinggau to spoil its LOS, to say nothing of that drat Crusader.

Oh yeah, PTN? If a unit gets its movement halved by Demoralizer, does that reduce its TMM too? :D

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
How does Alpha Strike determine stuff like pilot deaths in a game without hit locations?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Voyager I posted:

How does Alpha Strike determine stuff like pilot deaths in a game without hit locations?

There's a post-game campaign and tracking section in the Alpha Strike Companion. Or you just invoke the right of GM fiat and say so-and-so is dead, deal with it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My orders are in :

Turn 6,

MAD-5D (Demoralizer) jumps to hex 0621, facing hex 0620. Fires at Stalker in Hex 0619.

GHR-5N moves to hex 0822, facing hex 1722. Fires at Stalker in 0619

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Orders in.

Move phase
Hunchback: move to 1810, facing 1711
Watchman: jump to 1811, facing 1712

Attack phase
Hunchback: attack Galleon Light Tank at 1009
Watchman: attack Galleon Light Tank at 1009

Contingency for attack phase
Hunchback: attack Sha-Yu at 1211
Watchman: attack Sha-Yu at 1211

I've put my mechs out of LOS of the Crusader, and behind quite a lot of trees so the Vindi hasn't a nice shot on my mechs.

I think I've got a TH of 7 and 9 on the Galleon.

Sparq fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 23, 2017

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Orders in.

Special:
Orion: Keep Being Demoralizing

Move phase:
Warhammer: move to 1710 facing 1609
Orion: move to 1212, facing 1211

Attack phase:
Warhammer: attack Galleon Light Tank at 1009
Orion: attack Galleon Light Tank at 1009

Contingency for attack phase:
Warhammer: attack Sha Yu in 1211
Orion: attack Sha Yu in 1211 if Warhammer connects with Galleon, or if, obviously the Galleon is a smoking crater by this point

Physical:
Orion: attack Sha Yu in 1211

This does leave the Warhammer hanging out in the breeze a little bit, but not in LOS of the Crusader, and I think everything else either won't do much damage or doesn't have great shots.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Is anybody planning on shooting the Swift Wind in 0724? I could do it but it would be a waste to not use the Scarabus' speed to get in position for mech backshots elsewhere.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Realbarrow posted:

Is anybody planning on shooting the Swift Wind in 0724? I could do it but it would be a waste to not use the Scarabus' speed to get in position for mech backshots elsewhere.

If you can kill the Swiftwind, do it. We're way closer to doing the scout objective than the mech one.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Skoll posted:

If you can kill the Swiftwind, do it. We're way closer to doing the scout objective than the mech one.

I could, but likely only by moving to 0923. Anywhere else in short range is too exposed to the Stalker. 0923 isn't much better, as it's exposed to the Men Shen. Anywhere in medium range is probably obscured by 3+ tree hexes.

So, okay, I'll deal with the Swift Wind. Better a turn late than never, because next turn it's going to drive right to and possibly off of the bottom of the map.

Turn 7, I will do something more dashing. Literally. Dashing somewhere I can set up to dash somewhere else and heroically axe somebody in the back so I can avenge Needlenose.

F.T.C! :black101:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Best. TLA. Ever.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Orders submitted.

SCARABUS
-Movement: Run to 0923 (2 MP).
--End facing 0823.
-Shooting: Fire at Swift Wind B in 0724 at Short (+0) range.
-Melee: No targets in range.

Derring-do next turn, I hope. If the Men Shen doesn't vaporize me. Woo!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Retaking Sirdar Update 7

“The lieutenant’s down,” Sgt. Todorov’s report was grim and matter-of-fact. A big, almost joyless man, Todorov had served with the militia for as long as any member of Seventh Company could remember. He’d earned his nickname decades ago, and kept it because of his propensity to use the club-like protrusions on the backs of the Warhammer’s elbows like giant hammers in close combat.

“I guess that leaves me—”

“If you say ‘In Charge’ Fungi, I swear I’ll shoot you myself,” Sgt. Mitchell cut the young firebrand off at the knees. “You’re not even in our lance and we’ve got a chain of command for a reason. You want to prove you’re a hotshot? Stick to the plan and follow orders.”

“How’s White Knight?” Captain Dancey interrupted. Smoke still wafted from the barrel of his Shadow Hawk’s shoulder-mounted autocannon. He’d put a shell clean through the Swift Wind. It’d been swerving its way down the bridge, so terrified of F.T.C.’s Marauder it’d barely noticed the mediums lying in wait for it. Dancey did a quick check for other priority targets, but most of the surviving enemy scouts were running. The regiment could afford to lose the lot of them if they successfully secured a foothold.

“Unclear,” was Todorov’s reply. “Too many trees for a good look. Might be dead. Might be alive. Either way, he’s out of the fight.”

“Roger,” Dancey said automatically. “Alright everyone, let’s win the field so we can recover him.”

“Or bury him.” Todorov finished.

Movement Phase
Sha Yu
- Orion forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 3, fails!

Jinggau
- Orion forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 6, fails!

Stalker
- Marauder forces a 9+ test to resist becoming demoralized: rolled 10, succeeds!

Shooting Phase
Hunchback (Player)
- Attacks Galleon B (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range = 8): rolled 4, miss!

Watchman (Player)
- Attacks Galleon B (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 1 woods = 9): rolled 9, hit! 2 damage sustained! CfMSD!

Shadow Hawk (Player)
- Attacks Swift Wind B (4 skill + 4 TMM + 2 range = 10): rolled 6, miss! Lucky!
- - Rerolled attack: rolled 11, hit! 2 damage sustained! Vehicle destroyed!

Blackjack (Player)
- Attacks Men Shen (4 skill + 3 TMM + 2 range + 2 jumped + 1 woods + 1 partial cover = 13): automatic miss!

Warhammer (Player)
- Attacks Galleon B (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range = 8): rolled 8, hit! 3 damage sustained! Combat vehicle destroyed!

Orion (Player)
- Attacks Sha Yu (4 skill + 3 TMM + 0 range + 1 woods = 8): rolled 8, hit! 4 damage sustained! Crit! Unit Forced to Retreat!

Marauder (Player)
- Attacks Stalker (4 skill + 1 TMM + 0 range + 2 woods + 2 jumped - 1 jumping jack = 8): rolled 8, hit! 4 damage + 1 overheat damage sustained!

Grasshopper (Player)
- Attacks Stalker (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Scarabus (Player)

Wolfhound (Player)
- Holds fire!

Spider (Player)
- Secondary target was destroyed last turn!

Crusader Prime
- Attacks Orion (3 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods - 1 stationary = 7): rolled 7, hit! 6 damage sustained! Crit!

Men Shen Prime
- Attacks Shadow Hawk (4 skill + 2 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!

Jinggau
- Attacks Orion (4 skill + 1 TMM + 0 range + 4 woods + 2 jumped + 1 demoralized = 12): rolled 6, miss!

Lao Hu
- Attacks Warhammer (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 1 woods = 8): rolled 10, hit! 3 damage sustained!

Cyclops
- Attacks Orion (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 3 woods = 10): rolled 10, hit! 3 damage sustained! 3 Crits! Orion forced to Withdraw!

Stalker
- Attacks Marauder (4 skill + 2 TMM + 0 range + 2 woods = 8): rolled 2, miss!

Sha Yu
- Attacks Orion (4 skill + 1 TMM + 0 range + 2 woods + 1 demoralized = 8): rolled 6, miss!

Vindicator
- Attacks Warhammer (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range - 1 stationary = 6): rolled 6, hit! 2 damage sustained!

Galleon A
- Attacks Orion (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range + 2 woods = 9): rolled 9, hit! `Mech destroyed!

Galleon B
- Attacks Warhammer (4 skill + 1 TMM + 2 range = 7): rolled 6, miss!

End Phase:
Sha Yu
- Critical chance: rolled 4, fire control hit!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
PTN’s note: I can only do this because we’re playing Alpha Strike.

Crusader Prime
- Remains Stationary in hex 0714!

Men Shen Prime
- Holds position in hex 0530!

Jinggau
- Moves to hex 1314!

Lao Hu
- Moves to hex 1508!

Cyclops
- Moves to hex 1009!

Stalker
- Moves to hex 0616!

Sha Yu
- Retreats to hex 0815!

Vindicator
- Remains Stationary in hex 0207!

Skulker A
- Retreats to hex 0313!

Pegasus B
- Retreats off the map!

Galleon A
- Ends turn in hex 1115!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Forced Withdrawal - `Mechs and Vehicles which suffer more than 50% structure damage will automatically attempt to retreat off the nearest friendly board edge. Units with only 1 point of structure will withdraw if all of their armor is destroyed.

Primary Objectives
Primary Objectives
- Destroy or Drive Off All Enemy Scouts (7/8 destroyed)
or
- Destroy or Drive Off All Enemy `Mechs (5/12 destroyed)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Spider (Player)
- Secondary target was destroyed last turn!

:cripes:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Good grief, Sgt. Todorov is quite Russian isn't he? All optimism and sunshine up the 'mech pipe.

That's a lot of pristine OPFOR against our diminishing Company.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

Well hot drat. One vehicle left. I've got a question: can a Battlemech operate at Depth 2? I plan shenanigans with the Watchman. Also we need some help here at the northern part of the map.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about jumping the Marauder over to 0320 and the Grasshopper to 0621 to continue harassing the Stalker. If I can focus it down next turn, that's one less Assault to worry about.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sparq posted:

Well hot drat. One vehicle left. I've got a question: can a Battlemech operate at Depth 2? I plan shenanigans with the Watchman. Also we need some help here at the northern part of the map.

Yes. That said, line of sight is automatically blocked between units that are submerged and units that are not, and indirect fire from under water is not permitted.

That one got me called a bastard at Origins, only moments before it was disallowed.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

CourValant posted:

Good grief, Sgt. Todorov is quite Russian isn't he? All optimism and sunshine up the 'mech pipe.

That's a lot of pristine OPFOR against our diminishing Company.

His first name of Vincenzo makes me think Italian instead, but with BattleTech populations being such a mishmash of cultures and such, plus his dour outlook, I guess Russian fits a lot better.

Also, it looks like all GoonCompany needs to do is to take out the remaining Galleon tank to win this mission. Might be a bit tricky if it decides to try and play keepaway while the heavier Cappellan assets take the rest of you guys out, but that tank has an objective to reach past you guys and I doubt PTN would try and draw out the mission like that for us. Just take out the tank and you should be golden here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Hm, poo poo, I was planning on being out of LOS of that damned Crusader; I thought that L5 hill would block it. I guess 1112 would have been better? Also ha ha ha ha ha ha, holy poo poo did I piss them off, apparently.

Uhm, wait, pardon. 1212's wooded; with Forest Ranger SPA, doesn't that add +1 to the Orion's TMM, or did you roll that into the +2 woods modifiers already? Looking at what you rolled, I'm sure you can see why I'm pretty curious about that. :D

No worries if not - I knew that was going to be risky. Some joke about "it was a calculated risk, but it turns out I'm bad at math"

• Locked thread