Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Zaodai posted:

I think the DropShips come online and wreck the Clans poo poo, then pick up the survivors and ride off into the sunset. Or maybe just the sun. The important thing is, Steel Vipers die and we all get pancakes. Hooray!

I like pancakes.

And dead Vipers.

This turn of events appeals to my sensibilities. It must be the eventual course of action. :downs:

Good luck, Muk! You'll need it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

I would actually totally be interested in running an LP like this because it's so easy to do fluffy 40K stories that are fun, but I have no idea what kind of tool (is there a java tool for 40K?) to use or how to run a game that wouldn't take three weeks of updates just to get halfway through.

If anyone is really interested in talking about setting up a 40K LP send me a PM, but we definitely shouldn't poo poo up the BattleTech LP with endless 40K fluff discussions that seem to already be starting! Zaodai resist! RESIST!

I'm fairly sure there isn't anything remotely like MegaMek for 40K because Games Workshop comes down like seventy or eighty bags of hammers on anything that even looks crosswise at their IP. There -was- a VASSAL module for 40K, but I dunno how complete it was and I believe it got cease-and-desisted.

For that matter, I'd be somewhat worried that GW would get pissy about a 40K LP thread. As much as I would otherwise like to see one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I've heard they don't care about anything unless it could theoretically be considered competition. That includes anything that even vaguely replicates something they currently sell or makes money from any of their IP. Not sure how a thread would work without significant stat and rules discussion.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

goatface posted:

I've heard they don't care about anything unless it could theoretically be considered competition. That includes anything that even vaguely replicates something they currently sell or makes money from any of their IP. Not sure how a thread would work without significant stat and rules discussion.

Eh, they're not going to care about a thread as long as people don't start copy/pasting straight out of rulebooks.

A Megamek style program for 40k would sent them bnallistic for obvious reasons as it obliviates the need to buy their little plastic men.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PoptartsNinja posted:

VVVV He has initiative. He's moved, you just don't get to see where. (I'll give you a hint, there will be face-to-face punchings)

Ah, excellent. Face to face punching is very good.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

malkav11 posted:

I'm fairly sure there isn't anything remotely like MegaMek for 40K because Games Workshop comes down like seventy or eighty bags of hammers on anything that even looks crosswise at their IP. There -was- a VASSAL module for 40K, but I dunno how complete it was and I believe it got cease-and-desisted.

For that matter, I'd be somewhat worried that GW would get pissy about a 40K LP thread. As much as I would otherwise like to see one.

As long as I don't post the rules or statlines or somethign like that, it'll basically be a turn by turn battlereport.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Wouldn't that pretty much cripple the Imperium? I mean all their voodoo magic poo poo is attuned to the continual psychic presence of the Emperor. I guess they'd never really lose most of their technology at that point (because I assume the Emperor wouldn't let that poo poo stand), but that'd lead to entirely different armies and technology and the like.

I hope that 40K thread happens, because I really don't want to derail this awesome thread with anymore of this stuff.

That said, I was under the impression that it was mostly the Golden Throne that provided the psychic beacon, and it just needed somebody to power it. Hence why I stuck Sanguinus in it.

As for armies, I don't think things would change too much. The priest fluff would have to change, but they'd still be channeling the same anti-demonic energy, it would just have to come from a different source. The Space Marines would look different (no purity seals, Emperor Worship, etc), and the Imperial Guard would be pretty much the same.

I think it would lose a lot of the uniqueness 40K has (with becoming the atheist galactic empire), but it would be interesting to run around in for a while. Particularly if you consider that the Inquisition would exist to hunt down members of the Cult of the God Emperor. :D

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
A 40K thread would be awesome, but I almost think there's a more LPable game out there, and it's called Necromunda.

I loved Necromunda.

Anyways, threadjack over now.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SageNytell posted:

I like pancakes.

And dead Vipers.

This turn of events appeals to my sensibilities. It must be the eventual course of action. :downs:

Good luck, Muk! You'll need it!

Stop being space racist against Vipers :( (coming from me, someone who recently detailed his space racist Shepard in Mass Effect 2's thread).

Really excited to see how the duel is going to turn out though.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Really excited to see how the duel is going to turn out though.

This!

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!
For the Glory and Honor of the Steiners!
Punch your way sublime Victory!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Why do you think our logo is a fist? SHOW THEM WHY!!!

Also, I'm going to pick a winner later today. So yeah.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

RickVoid posted:

This!

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!
For the Glory and Honor of the Steiners!
Punch your way sublime Victory!

Indeed.
I haven't commented much, but only because I'm in awe at how spectacular this battle is turning out.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

radintorov posted:

Indeed.
I haven't commented much, but only because I'm in awe at how spectacular this battle is turning out.

I have every faith that the final shot of our stalwart tank-driving comrades will have weakened the Clanner's armor enough for Samantha's Steiner Fists to finish the job. :steiner:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Also, I'm going to pick a winner later today. So yeah.

Oh, good. That means I still have time to win this make you do a writeup for the Firestarter!

(based on this)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I wish I could see images in work :smith:

Zaodai posted:

One would assume he'd have multiple factions available for the various players, that's part of what is great about the 40k universe. Lots of variety in who fights what, and everyone hates everyone else (with some basic exceptions like the Space Marines getting along okay-ish with the Guard).
As much fun as it would be to have a clusterfuck, Imperial Guard units would work best since you can get fucktons of platoons on the table, and each player could take one, or a squad or whatever.

Orks would also work pretty well, but they're harder to relate to in the same way, and easy to just make slapstick comedy.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OHGODDECISIONS.

Also I fixed the reference to DHS in my Excalibur writeup back on 172.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Close the thread. Nothing will ever top this.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

Close the thread. Nothing will ever top this.

The Hulkster may tear his shirt, but that picture tore... MY HEART.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Arquinsiel posted:

As much fun as it would be to have a clusterfuck, Imperial Guard units would work best since you can get fucktons of platoons on the table, and each player could take one, or a squad or whatever.

If you wanted that, you could just have a thread about a generic WW1 sim or something. The Imperial Guard is a combination of WW1-era tactics and WW2-era Russian troop utilization. The Imperial Guard are certainly a part of 40k, but a 40k thread focused on them would be missing out on all the crazy poo poo that goes on with the other factions.

Plus, a squad of guardsmen is basically fodder. Having a load of them for different players to control is going to neuter your whole force because nobody is going to want to throw their squad into the maw of a Tyranid swarm to take out one of the bigger hive beasts.

RickVoid, I've got a longer response to your post, but it's not really appropriate here. The short version is, it probably depends on which parts of the fluff you base it on, so it could go anywhere I suppose.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

A 40K thread would be awesome, but I almost think there's a more LPable game out there, and it's called Necromunda.

I loved Necromunda.

Anyways, threadjack over now.

Threadjack revived!

I've always thought necromunda would make a great pc game. 3D environments, RPG elements, not having to paint up a new miniature every other game...

That or Gorkamorka.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

goatface posted:

Threadjack revived!

No, no it's not. Seriously, you can't even whisper 40K without it becoming a loving tumor.

Also, what are the rules for meleeing a mech? I remember hearing somewhere that there was a 1 in 9 chance of hitting the head, and that such a thing is always a crit? Or am I misremembering?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Veyrall posted:

No, no it's not. Seriously, you can't even whisper 40K without it becoming a loving tumor.

Also, what are the rules for meleeing a mech? I remember hearing somewhere that there was a 1 in 9 chance of hitting the head, and that such a thing is always a crit? Or am I misremembering?

On a hit, it's 1 in 6; 1d6 for hit location and a 6 is always a head shot.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Zaodai posted:

RickVoid, I've got a longer response to your post, but it's not really appropriate here. The short version is, it probably depends on which parts of the fluff you base it on, so it could go anywhere I suppose.

You're absolutely right. The 40K universe would look very different no matter where your divergence starts. But yeah, we really would need our own thread for this discussion. Let's table it until that pops up.

Waiting on Righteous Flaming Fists of Steiner Fury!!

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, good. That means I still have time to win this make you do a writeup for the Firestarter!

(based on this)

Was the cockpit expressly designed to resemble the Hulkster's moustache, or is it just a happy coincidence?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Happy coincidence!

VVV Still waiting on half of our remaining pilots.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 15, 2011

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

All this idle speculation is fun and all, but 1. I do have a clear idea of what to do and what the storyline is and all that, 2. We're kinda making GBS threads up this thread. It's supposed to be about battletech, so let's not post anymore 40k poo poo until I get the 40k thread up in may. Yes, I will have it up in may. Questions? PM me.

Poptarts, really really sorry about the derail here.

Now, go punch some clanners in the face dammit!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Let me start by saying this decision was hard to make. Like stupid hard. But ultimately I gotta give it to Elitebuster. All were awesome but I think the smile on the Hulkster's face made it for me.

But you know what? I'm just gonna take requests from all four of you and Elitebuster gets in first.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Welp, this turn is going to hurt me more than it does you.

Hahaha, when is that ever true?

Edit: Blake's Blood that's a lot of criticals! :aaaaa:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 16, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

When one of the die hits you in the eye. :argh:

Stiener House Rules weren't enough to save them :ohdear:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Come on TAC to gyro, big money big money no whammy no whammy stop-

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ooohhh, that sounds like a lot of pain. I guess that is it for the Cyclops, then?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

Come on TAC to gyro, big money big money no whammy no whammy stop-

plus = ???

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

plus = ???

CRITICAL HIT, ENGINE

CRITICAL HIT, WEAPON DESTROYED

CRITICAL HIT, GYRO

WARNING, DAMAGE CRITICAL

(I will never stop hearing that MW2 woman's voice in my head oh god)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mukaikubo posted:

I can't hear most Mech names in any voice other than the dude from MW2:GBL.

Warhoek. WARhemmer. Meraudeh. STONE. RHINO.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

CRITICAL HIT, ENGINE

CRITICAL HIT, WEAPON DESTROYED

CRITICAL HIT, GYRO

WARNING, DAMAGE CRITICAL

You forgot the following...

CRITICAL HIT, HEAT SINK

CRITICAL HIT, SENSORS

MISSION FAILED

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Vipers of Somerset: Tactical Update 12

Movement Phase
Random Ace Beta: B5 Lucerne!
Random Ace Gamma: G2 Unknown Assault 2!

B5 Lucerne runs to 1609!

Combat Phase:
L* Cyclops fires Autocannon 20 at B4 Mugger (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/26 armor, 8/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
L* Cyclops fires SRM 4 at B4 Mugger (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (17/19 armor remains), Right Torso (17/19 armor remains)!
L* Cyclops fires LRM 10 at B4 Mugger (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods + 6 minimum range = 13): rolled 12, automatic miss!
L* Cyclops gains 2 heat, sinks 12! Now at Overheat 0!

L2 Zeus holds fire
L2 Zeus gains 0 heat, sinks 17! Now at Overheat 0!

B2 Thunderchild fled off board!

B4 Mugger fires LRM 20 w/ Artemis IV at L* Cyclops (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 8, 20 missiles hit Left Arm (1/15 structure remains (critical chance)), Right Torso (11/19 structure remains (critical chance)), Right Torso (6/19 structure remains (critical chance)), Left Torso (0/20 armor, 18/19 structure remains (critical chance))! Critical chance(s)!
B4 Mugger fires LRM 20 w/ Artemis IV at L* Cyclops (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 8, 12 missiles hit Left Torso (13/19 structure remains (critical chance)), Center Torso (3/30 armor remains), Left Torso (16/19 structure remains (critical chance))! Critical chance(s)!
B4 Mugger fires Small Laser at L* Cyclops (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (1/19 structure remains)! Critical chance!
B4 Mugger fires Small Laser at L* Cyclops (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 2, miss!
B4 Mugger fires Small Laser at L* Cyclops (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (11/19 structure remains)! Critical chance!
B4 Mugger gains 23 heat, sinks 28! Now at overheat 0!

B5 Lucerne holds fire!
B5 Lucerne gains 2 heat, sinks 26! Now at overheat 0!

End Phase
L* Cyclops critical chance in Left Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
Hand actuator destroyed!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hit sustained!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
Autocannon 20 destroyed!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hit sustained!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
LRM 20 destroyed!

L* Cyclops critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
Autocannon 20 ammo hit!
Autocannon 20 ammunition explodes!
L* Cyclops suffers 200 damage to left torso! 0/19 structure remains!
Damage transfers to Center Torso! 0/30 armor, 0/29 structure remains! 157 damage vented harmlessly!

B4 Mugger critical chance in Left Leg! 2 critical hits sustained!
Hip actuator destroyed!
Foot actuator destroyed!

B4 Mugger must make a piloting test or fall! (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 hexes moved + 2 hip actuator destroyed + 1 foot actuator destroyed = 8): rolled 6, fails!
B4 Mugger takes damage to Right Leg (16/26 armor remains), Center Torso (16/26 armor remains)!

B4 Mugger must make a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 hexes moved + 2 hip actuator destroyed + 1 foot actuator destroyed + 1 attempting to avoid pilot damage = 9): Rolled 10, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus punches B5 Lucerne with both arms!
L2 Zeus needs (5 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punching = 6) to hit with Right Arm! Rolled 11, hit Right Torso (10/22 armor remains)!
L2 Zeus needs (5 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punching + 1 no hand = 7) to hit with Left Arm! Rolled 9, hit Left Torso (13/22 armor remains)!

B5 Lucerne kicks L2 Zeus! (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 kick + 1 Steel Viper in Melee Combat = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (11/24 armor remains)!

End Phase:
Fire needs 9+ to spread to 1408 (downwind), rolled 8, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 9+ to spread to 1409 (downwind), rolled 8, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 9+ to spread to 1607 (downwind), rolled 6, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 9+ to spread to 1608 (downwind), rolled 11, fire spreads!
Fire needs 9+ to spread to 1707 (downwind), rolled 8, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 11+ to spread to 1409 (60 degrees from downwind), rolled 5, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 11+ to spread to 1508 (60 degrees from downwind), rolled 10, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 11+ to spread to 1707 (60 degrees from downwind), rolled 8, fire fails to spread!
Fire needs 11+ to spread to 1806 (60 degrees from downwind), rolled 9, fire fails to spread!

L2 Zeus must make a piloting roll or fall! (4 base + 0 hexes moved + 0 kicked = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

L2 Zeus gains 5 heat due to fire, sinks 17! Now at overheat 0!

B5 Lucerne gains 5 heat due to fire, sinks 26! Now at overheat 0!

The blocky Lucerne lunged from the smoke and fire like a vengeful demon, its bright-green paint already blackening in the intense heat. Sam’s targeting computer seemed to miss a beat; the gold dot of a weapons lock-on must’ve been a good ten meters behind the Clanner’s real position. She frowned, and discounted it—grateful that she didn’t need to rely on overheated, malfunctioning equipment for a fight this close.

Drang of the Steel Vipers had rushed into the burning woods—a feat which had given Sam pause—without a moment’s hesitation; with no apparent concern for his own mortality. For an instant, Samantha let herself imagine she could make out the Clan pilot through the Lucerne’s cockpit glass; but the heavy, cloying smoke taxed her certainty.

Without hesitation, she drew back, then threw a punishing one-two punch. It was a tricky maneuver in a ‘Mech as big as a Zeus—a far cry from the Stinger she’d piloted back at the academy—but she’d had plenty of time to familiarize herself with the Assault-weight design. The Clan ‘Mech rocked with the punches, his front armor dented and sections of shattered steel crashing to the forest floor. For a moment, Samantha suspected he wasn’t going to retaliate—then her own ‘Mech teetered as the Clanner kicked her extended left leg right below the knee.

A wave of vertigo washed over her as her ‘Mech’s gyro tumbled, and she took an involuntary step backwards; instinctively broadening the ‘Mech’s legs to lower its center of mass. In a moment, the Zeus recovered unharmed. Sam stared intensely at the other ‘Mech across a ten-meter gulf. With the forest in flames, it may as well have been a thousand.

Enemy Forces:
B2 Thunderchild: Fled off board!
B4 Mugger: Falls in hex 1020!
B5 Lucerne: Waiting to move!
G1 Unknown Assault 1: Remains Stationary!
G2 Unknown Assault 2: Remains Stationary!
G3 Unknown Assault 3: Remains Stationary!
G4 Unknown Assault 4: Remains Stationary!
G5 Unknown Assault 5: Remains Stationary!

Mission Objectives
Defeat Beta Star! (Partial Victory)
Survive! (11/20 Turns) (Total Victory)

Ace Note: Previous turn's movement will be in black, current turn's movement will be in green!

CP-10-Z Cyclops
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 2/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/20 (0/19)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 0/30 (0/29)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 0/20 (1/19)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 0/10 (1/15)
RA A(S): 0/10 (11/15)
LL A(S): 9/17 (19/19)
RL A(S): 9/17 (19/19)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Colonel Aldo Rossi
Mechwarrior Player: WarLocke
Mechwarrior Status: Killed by ammunition explosion!
Armament:
Autocannon 20 – RT (Heat: 8, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM 10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: DESTROYED!)
SRM 4 – CT (Heat: 3, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Medium Laser destroyed!
Notes: Destroyed by ammunition explosion!

ZEU-6S Zeus
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/18 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 13/18 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 7/22 (13/13)
RA A(S): 19/22 (13/13)
LL A(S): 11/24 (17/17)
RL A(S): 24/24 (17/17)
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Leutnant Samantha Clover
Mechwarrior Player: Mukaikubo
Mechwarrior Status: Sprained back (consciousness 3+)!
Armament:
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser (REAR) – LT(R) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: No hands

BNC-3S Banshee
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot killed!

WLF-1 Wolfhound
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot taken by the Clans!

Rommel Tank:
Notes: Tank destroyed, crew escaped into the woods!

Enemy Status
Beta Krait
B1 Battle Cobra
Critical Damage: Destroyed!
Notes: Counts as rough terrain!

B2 Thunderchild
Tonnage: 50
Critical Damage: Right Arm Destroyed!
Notes: Retreated off map!

B3 Copperhead
Notes: Forced off map!

B4 Mugger
Tonnage: 65
Target: CP-10-Z Cyclops!
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Azael
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Overheat Penalty: None!
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

B5 Lucerne
Tonnage: 65
Target: ZEU-6S Zeus
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Drang
Notes: Equipped with ECM, using ECM to generate Ghost Targets!

Gamma Boa
G1 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Target: None Possible!
Pilot Name: ???
Notes:

G2 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Notes:

G3 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 85
Notes:

G4 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 90
Notes:

G5 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 95
Pilot Name: Star Colonel Dusk
Pilot: Piloting 2, Gunnery 1
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 28, 2013

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Colonel Rossi NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Avenge him! Avenge his death Leutnant Samantha "Mukaikubo" Clover! Steiner Rules demand it! :911:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
That Cyclops just got vaporized.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Welp, down another 'Mech. As soon as I saw the AC20 get destroyed, I was already thinking this could suck, but 157 damage being "vented harmlessly" (which made me laugh) kind of eliminated my hope for even a partial victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yep, Rossi got cored. I was afraid of that.

Now it all boils down to "Can Clover manage to not die for 9 more turns?" Which, given that the Clanner is smart enough to kick, might be tricky...

Maybe the players will get lucky and the Mugger will fail its piloting check to stand back up, thus falling down on its head.

• Locked thread