Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Beware ghosts bearing clams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

RA Rx posted:

This is just Amaris making the best of a bad thing.

Literally how it's portrayed in the update

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Zikan posted:

The NRWR suffering a setback would be more interesting then the "all according to keikaku" lots of the thread seems to assign to everything they do.

I do what the thread votes for. :shrug:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

And it's good! Just shaking my fist at the masses.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Soup Inspector posted:

I'm inclined to agree. I like the NRWR and their plans but at this rate it looks like the Clans will get steamrolled with little fanfare. Of course that's kind of the entire point of all Amaris's planning, and the thread has consistently chosen to go with the missions where the Clans are the antagonist force (for various reasons), and I don't doubt PTN would find a way to make it fun and engaging, but I'd like to see the Clans win something significant (against either the NRWR or the Houses) at least once or twice to show that they're still a threat.

Just gotta whip votes, since the general plot follows where we point it for the most part.

(I sorta want to see clan victories of some sort too, but more along the lines of the Serpent/Skye alliance where it's more of an integration thing vs the Widowmakers "WE WILL CRUSH ALL BEFORE US" type thing. Basically forcing the evolution of the Clans by killing off the dumber silly ones while having the ones that show some sense do better)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zikan posted:

And it's good! Just shaking my fist at the masses.

Now you know how I feel every time there's a "poo poo on the CapCon" vote. :argh: But even when they do get poo poo on, the good writing makes it so its not just them getting bodied for free so they at least remain a credible power. With AI controlled robots, and their own HPGs!

The Clans have still kicked the crap out of a good portion of the Sphere, and it is important to remember that for all the NRWR's fancy tech, they do NOT have the industrial capacity to take on all the Clans themselves. That's why they're reduced to a long shot industrial raid as it is. They had to draw in Clan forces on Andurien for a big fight so they could concentrate their forces and use every advantage they could. They (probably) can't fight a big sphere wide campaign to try and beat up the Clans, even if they were just supplementing House forces for some reason. If the Clans were back home, they almost certainly couldn't even fight the Kerensky cluster. The Clans aren't getting steamrolled, and us voting to back the NRWR doesn't make them that much more likely to lose. It just makes them less likely to beat the NRWR.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Just gotta whip votes, since the general plot follows where we point it for the most part.

True, true. But it's easier said than done - I've never been the most persuasive person, for one thing, and a lot of people in the thread dislike the Clans (coincidentally I'd also like to see more of what the Capellans are capable of, so I'm with Zaodai on that front). :v:

So put me under the same column as Zikan!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I actually would love to see a Capellan followup too. Maybe our next combat theater vote will have a chance to see what they're up to and let us play on the same side as the Totally Not Skynet AI + Society tech.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gwaihir posted:

I actually would love to see a Capellan followup too. Maybe our next combat theater vote will have a chance to see what they're up to and let us play on the same side as the Totally Not Skynet AI + Society tech.

At the same time I kinda prefer fighting the Capellans right now because I'd like to be on the side that has the slow, creeping horror of realizing 'Oh poo poo they have killer robits, not just stompy robits.' from battlefield experience.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I can't wait to see the theater vote in general. We have so many interesting fights happening around the galaxy that we're going to be spoiled for options.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zikan posted:

Clam Ghost Bear

I was going to use Morality Scallop but it's disappeared :(:

Edit: \/\/\/: yes

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 13, 2017

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Do you mean the Responsibility Scallop? :backtowork:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The clans being totally shaken up and morphing into something new is a really interesting outcome. New hybrid clan/IS states after they lose their homeworlds sounds like a good time to me, although I doubt it's going to be as simple as the homeworlds rolling over.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

On careful consideration of how things could backfire, I've decided G for maximum party time fun.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

G for maximum hilarity.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Zaodai posted:

Now you know how I feel every time there's a "poo poo on the CapCon" vote. :argh: But even when they do get poo poo on, the good writing makes it so its not just them getting bodied for free so they at least remain a credible power. With AI controlled robots, and their own HPGs!

Honestly while nearly all the factions have evolved into something more interesting than "Space Feudalism" at this point, the Capellans get my vote as the most exciting group of the moment. Scary dystopian technocracy is a strong hook for a faction to have. I'm looking forward to seeing where it evolves to.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't know enough about kuritas, but I do know I am an agent of chaos, therefore I vote G.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Wait, Im slightly confused. Is Plan A the "burn the clans to the ground" option? Because I want that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Telsa Cola posted:

Wait, Im slightly confused. Is Plan A the "burn the clans to the ground" option? Because I want that.

We don't have a good way of knowing what any of the current vote options will lead to. Pick your ambiguous poison!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Zaodai posted:

We don't have a good way of knowing what any of the current vote options will lead to. Pick your ambiguous poison!

Okay,thanks.! I'llpick C thats a cool letter i guess!

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 14, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Zaodai posted:

I do love that dumb goon drama was transformed into the Death Company campaign, but I'm honestly a bit scared at what the CapCon will be able to do with both a tech advantage and a large, dense population just as it stands, let alone anything further going right for them.

And, A, because Teddy's not allowed to commit suicide.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Go for broke.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
Choose Akira.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for option C.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
D is feeling lonely.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

B: 19
C: 11
G: 13

Well, I'll be, you're just six votes behind. Almost regret not voting for G myself. It'd be fun.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
G

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I go with plan B.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I rather like Theodore so I'm inclined to let his plan play out.

B

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much
Plan B, please.

Dedagn
Nov 30, 2013
Jumping on the Bandwagon.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
B though I was inclined to vote G for clusterfuck factor

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I get the feeling that regardless what vote wins, it's going to be a clusterfuck. :v:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

G for the gosh factor. Also to do my duty as an unwise and uninformed voter.

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 17, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I don't know who to vote for but I'm definitely excited!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
“Lieutenant, pick up your pace.” Isoroku Kurita marveled at how easily he slipped into the role of drill instructor for the massive force assembled on the beachhead at Chatham. Although the world itself bore little resemblance to the Sun Zhang military academy he’d so recently commanded. Soldiers were soldiers no matter where—or, it seemed, whom—they were. It wasn’t simply his job to whip them into shape and point them in the right direction, it was his duty. Isoroku Kurita took his duty very seriously.

Slender but wiry, Isoroku had always been described as “intense” and “strong.” He disagreed wholeheartedly with the sentiment, the determination to fight for one’s home and family did not spring from strength but an understanding of one’s own weakness. So too was the courage to look death in the eyes and calmly march forward born of discipline. He could not say he agreed with all of Hanse Davion’s doctrinal “enhancements”—the DCMS moved at times a tortoise when it came to implementing change—but he understood the necessity. Both the soldiers of the AFFS and DCMS needed an operational environment in which they could reasonably expect to be able to predict how other units would react in the field. The integration of lances, companies, and even whole battalions of forces from “across the border” had been a painful learning experience for all involved. Isoroku had first managed to content himself with the knowledge that the Federated Suns officers he worked with were as unhappy as he himself had been.

Ultimately, however different their training might have been, the men and women of the DCMS and the AFFS were soldiers. They’d done their duty and worked to integrate distrustful gaijin into their own command structures. Isoroku had done his best to set a good example for the other regimental commanders, treating his new men with the same honor and compassion he showed those born on one of the Dragon’s own worlds. He consulted regularly with the commanders of the Davion Heavy Guards, the Sword of Light, the Robinson Rangers, and the Federated—Draconis, he corrected—Suns Lancers. He’d worked to open lines of communication, and had encouraged both sides to cycle through playing the OpForce in simulated wargames.

An understanding of the sort of equipment the Clans were using was no substitution for understanding their mindset, but hard data about how the Clans actually thought was in distressingly short supply. Knowing one’s enemy was as important as knowing ones’ self, and Isoroku had quietly encouraged his counterparts in the former DCMS to get to know their Davion counterparts very well indeed. He’d been surprised how many of those same commanders he’d actually befriended. Hanse Davion’s men may have been poorly educated, but they were surprisingly earnest, a trait the Draconis Combine had always prized. They had more in common with their erstwhile enemies than Isoroku Kurita had first believed. The men still considered the soldiers from the Federated Suns unwashed savages—but after a year, they’d become “our” unwashed savages. That, Isoroku hoped, would be enough.

The Black Pearl
The largest battle force assembled since the fall of the Star League stands ready to retake Luthien, the Black Pearl. Two disparate armies have trained together for more than a year to familiarize themselves with new combined arms battlefield doctrines. For the first time in history, determined Kuritans stand side by side with the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. On Luthien, the Draconis Suns will forge their sword in battle—or shatter it completely.

Red Dawn
Jumping farther than 30 light years is impossible, provided your end goal is to keep the jump drive intact. With a staggering disregard for a JumpShip’s reusability and enough applied mathematics, a JumpShip can be sent anywhere in the known universe. This knowledge was lost with the fall of the Star League, but even before the sheer waste of billions and the exponentially increasing risk of a misjump meant that the purely theoretical “long jump” had never been attempted under any circumstances. Before now.

Clairvaux
The first Crusade was a failure, plagued by infighting and collaborators and dancing to the tune of a disgraceful traitor. Failure cannot be tolerated, and traitors will be the first put to the sword. Only the True Clans can bring Kerensky’s peace to the fallen and the animalistic barbarians of the Inner Sphere alike!

Plan D
Incensed by the death of Stefan Amaris VI, the cybernetically-enhanced soldiers of the Rim Worlds Army and their mercenary allies have begun the final campaign to drive Clan forces from Andurien and secure the fledgling Republic’s place in history as one of the Inner Sphere’s great powers. Their goal is no longer the humiliation of the enemy, but its complete destruction.

Combat Theater Vote:
A) The Black Pearl (Campaign)
B) Red Dawn (Campaign)
C) Clairvaux (Campaign)
D) Plan D (Campaign)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god the potential of B is too much to ignore, despite the other excellent options.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A We picked our commander, it's time to see this poo poo through and beat up some Jade Falcons (and other scrubs) while applying the proper Buddhist thought.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Too many good choices. Let's go with B. Teach those clanners what a real war is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Voting A

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 20, 2017

• Locked thread