Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

CourValant posted:

Yes, we do have to be careful of that Balius, if things start running loose in the 'backfield' up North, none of us are making it through to the South.

Here's what I propose for the next few rounds:

1) Mauler and 'Sag' take down the Nova A, while Battlemaster and 'Hata' keep firing at the Gargoyle.

2) If the Nova A survives to the next round, 'Sag' keeps firing at it, while Mauler fields the Balius, and Battlemaster and 'Hata' keeps the Gargoyle occupied (I'm hoping that this activates the Monitors; conditions are to be in LOS of the two towers, and push the OPFOR out of the boat pens).

3) Put down the Balius and Gargoyle, and run down South on the left side.

The problem with the Battlemaster and I trying to keep attacking the Gargoyle is that it's standing in a really obnoxious place. I'm not particularly good at figuring line of sight with different heights and terrain in the way but I think there's only a couple hexes we could even shoot at it from, and they generally include leaving ourselves in the Stone Rhino's sights. It might be better for us all to just gang up on that Nova again and hope it sticks this time.

My first thought was that I could just climb straight over this wall and end in 0707, where I can join the pile on the Nova. Puts me at short range to that LBX-20 though and I'm not actually moving enough hexes to generate a move mod at all, so I'm just asking to get a slug in my machine.
Most of the other places I can go honestly look just as bad to me with the Stone Rhino and Gargoyle around. Thoughts?

Oh, and PTN, it looks like you didn't update the Gargoyle's damage on it's card when you fixed my turn earlier, it's not showing any leg damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yakumo posted:

I'm not particularly good at figuring line of sight with different heights and terrain in the way but I think there's only a couple hexes we could even shoot at it from, and they generally include leaving ourselves in the Stone Rhino's sights. It might be better for us all to just gang up on that Nova again and hope it sticks this time.

For LOS, I'd say ask PTN as he's the final arbitrator. Rather than guess and risk losing a turn, just ask him (either post here, PM, or email).

Yakumo posted:

My first thought was that I could just climb straight over this wall and end in 0707, where I can join the pile on the Nova.

Unless I completely misunderstand the movement rules, you can't just 'climb' over the wall; its H2 and you're at H0, you'll have to use the roads.

Yakumo posted:

Puts me at short range to that LBX-20 though and I'm not actually moving enough hexes to generate a move mod at all, so I'm just asking to get a slug in my machine.

We're going to eat damage this turn, no question (I just ate 15 points to the RT last turn); key is to try and distribute the damage as evenly as possible over the entirety of the lance, without reducing combat effectiveness, while focusing down the OPFOR.

There should be enough targets around that eating one AC/20 shot isn't going to be enough to put you down, as long as they don't concentrate on you.

As for where to move, that's ultimately up to you; the reason I advocate for firing at the Gargoyle while being in LOS of the two towers is so that the Monitors will 'activate' (based on what PTN said were the activation conditions for those boats).

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

CourValant posted:

Unless I completely misunderstand the movement rules, you can't just 'climb' over the wall; its H2 and you're at H0, you'll have to use the roads.

From a rules angle, a mech can traverse two height elevations just fine, at the cost of three mp. One to enter the hex, and two to go up (one mp per elevation change).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Mechs can climb two levels at a time, it just takes an additional MP. Since most of you are 3/5 you don't have enough mp to go up and down in the same turn since it takes. 6 total, before even counting facing changes if any.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Mechs can go up or down up to two levels at a time, it just costs extra MP to do it. For me to climb onto the wall takes 3, then going back down will also take 3, so that's all my running MP to move two hexes.

I think one of us is misunderstanding the key to activating the Monitors. I thought it was that they could see us and the OpFor don't have line of sight to shoot the towers. Yes, taking the Gargoyle out would help with that, but the Stone Rhino is still parked right next to one of them so it's not an immediate concern.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Olothreutes posted:

From a rules angle, a mech can traverse two height elevations just fine, at the cost of three mp. One to enter the hex, and two to go up (one mp per elevation change.

Gwaihir posted:

Mechs can climb two levels at a time, it just takes an additional MP. Since most of you are 3/5 you don't have enough mp to go up and down in the same turn since it takes. 6 total, before even counting facing changes if any.

Yakumo posted:

Mechs can go up or down up to two levels at a time, it just costs extra MP to do it. For me to climb onto the wall takes 3, then going back down will also take 3, so that's all my running MP to move two hexes.

Thanks Folks, appreciate the clarification.

However, since you're facing 0908, don't you have to turn before you can climb? And when you're on the wall, turn again to climb down to 0707?

Again, unless I'm completely backwards on the rules, it should take you 2 turns to complete the maneuver?

Yakumo posted:

I think one of us is misunderstanding the key to activating the Monitors. I thought it was that they could see us and the OpFor don't have line of sight to shoot the towers.

I think PTN left it intentional vague on purpose; I can't find the post right now, my read of it was be in LOS of the two towers, and be actively trying to push the OPFOR out of the boat pens.

Ultimately, not here to tell you how to play; 'Sag' be shooting the Nova A with (hopefully) the Mauler, pile ons are welcome (might as well guarantee taking the thing down), just be sure of your LOS and positioning for next turn when we have to focus on the Gargoyle (likely, Battlemaster, 'Hata', and 'Sag', with the Mauler taking on the Balius).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Yakumo posted:

Oh, and PTN, it looks like you didn't update the Gargoyle's damage on it's card when you fixed my turn earlier, it's not showing any leg damage.

I usually don't, it's fixed on my spreadsheets.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ok, so I am still thinking Battlemaster move to 0809 and hit the Gargoyle. I think there is a good chance that the Stone Rhino will still concentrate fire on the Sagittarius as that was his target last round, so I only need to soak up punishment next turn and hopefully we can advance on the Rhino.

As a side note, I really should have started playing "The Time of the Hanse" from my external speakers as I advanced, that may have woken up the Monitor crews.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 18, 2017

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

CourValant posted:

Thanks Folks, appreciate the clarification.

However, since you're facing 0908, don't you have to turn before you can climb? And when you're on the wall, turn again to climb down to 0707?

Again, unless I'm completely backwards on the rules, it should take you 2 turns to complete the maneuver?

I think PTN left it intentional vague on purpose; I can't find the post right now, my read of it was be in LOS of the two towers, and be actively trying to push the OPFOR out of the boat pens.

Ultimately, not here to tell you how to play; 'Sag' be shooting the Nova A with (hopefully) the Mauler, pile ons are welcome (might as well guarantee taking the thing down), just be sure of your LOS and positioning for next turn when we have to focus on the Gargoyle (likely, Battlemaster, 'Hata', and 'Sag', with the Mauler taking on the Balius).

I'm not facing 0908, that's the Battlemaster. I'm the Hatamoto-Chi, currently staring at the piece of wall that you're standing on.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

Ok, so I am still thinking Battlemaster move to 0809 and hit the Gargoyle. I think there is a good chance that the Stone Rhino will still concentrate fire on the Sagittarius as that was his target last round, so I only need to soak up punishment next turn and hopefully we can advance on the Rhino.

Stone Rhino won't have a shot, my orders right now are to jump to 0608 and feeding my pulse lasers to the Nova. (unless there's a better suggestion for positioning? I want to make sure we're spread out, and keep heading South)

Jew it to it! posted:

As a side note, I really should have started playing "The Time of the Hanse" from my external speakers as I advanced, that may have woken up the Monitor crews.

Got a link? Can't seem to find what that is, "The Time of the Hanse"?

Yakumo posted:

I'm not facing 0908, that's the Battlemaster. I'm the Hatamoto-Chi, currently staring at the piece of wall that you're standing on.

Ahh, sorry, clearly I'm quite the n00b; its why I try to self identify my 'mech, I keep forgetting who is who.

***** EDIT *****

Jew it to it! posted:

Ok, so I am still thinking Battlemaster move to 0809 and hit the Gargoyle . . . so I only need to soak up punishment next turn and hopefully we can advance on the Rhino.

Like this move by the way, keep that Gargoyle busy, let me (hopefully) take down that Nova this turn, then we can either take out the Gargoyle and A) head south or B) take on the Rhino.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 18, 2017

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

CourValant posted:

Stone Rhino won't have a shot, my orders right now are to jump to 0608 and feeding my pulse lasers to the Nova. (unless there's a better suggestion for positioning? I want to make sure we're spread out, and keep heading South)

Got a link? Can't seem to find what that is, "The Time of the Hanse"?

Ahh, sorry, clearly I'm quite the n00b; its why I try to self identify my 'mech, I keep forgetting who is who.

***** EDIT *****

Like this move by the way, keep that Gargoyle busy, let me (hopefully) take down that Nova this turn, then we can either take out the Gargoyle and A) head south or B) take on the Rhino.

"Time of the Hanse" would be sung to the lyrics of "Time of the Mack" just substitute in Hanse for Mack. Bad pun, sorry.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Orders in: going to 0334, assuming South lance does not disagree.

Kickass Harpsichord
Dec 3, 2009
Facing south, reversing to 0703, and opening fire on the Nova, since that seems the most consistent with the northern lance's plans.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

"Time of the Hanse" would be sung to the lyrics of "Time of the Mack" just substitute in Hanse for Mack. Bad pun, sorry.

Naw, its good, I just didn't get it! (smile)

Either that, or 'Ride of the Valkyries', except you're singing 'Hanse' for the notes.

"Ha-Ha-Ha-Haaa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Haa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Hanse!!!"

Kickass Harpsichord posted:

Facing south, reversing to 0703, and opening fire on the Nova, since that seems the most consistent with the northern lance's plans.

Sounds good, you'll have over-watch on all of us and be ready for the Baluis when it turns the corner.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Gun Jam posted:

Orders in: going to 0334, assuming South lance does not disagree.

Sounds decent to me. I am not seeing any places where I can get the all important +1 move mod while being in LoS of only one enemy, so I will probably just move into 0433 and decline LoS to everyone this turn, but leaving me in a far better spot to respond to any Summoner Shenanigans next turn.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

CourValant posted:

"Ha-Ha-Ha-Haaa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Haa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Hanse!!!"

I am now just picturing him singing that to himself in the cockpit. :D

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

mekilljoydammit posted:

I am now just picturing him singing that to himself in the cockpit. :D

Wait till you see my orders. (smile)

Someone is going to be singing that in their cockpit!

Next turn, "Kill-the-Clan-ner, Kill-the-Clan-ner, Kill-the-Clan-ner . . . . "

The Liberation of Luthien is now a musical!

Next mission, all orders will have to be rapped, Hamilton Style!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

CourValant posted:

Wait till you see my orders. (smile)

Someone is going to be singing that in their cockpit!

Next turn, "Kill-the-Clan-ner, Kill-the-Clan-ner, Kill-the-Clan-ner . . . . "

The Liberation of Luthien is now a musical!

Next mission, all orders will have to be rapped, Hamilton Style!

What's Opera(tion Black Pearl), Doc?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

What's Opera(tion Black Pearl), Doc?

A man after my own :love:

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
[madden mode: ON]

"Now, now look here, last play we were talking about how the blitzers had an inside and an outside line on that left side up north, and that's exactly what they did. This is kind of a good news, bad news situation for the offense. The bad news is, if they aren't careful, that Balius is gonna get into the backfield and really mess up their game plan. That's an old-school, smash-mouth kind of player right there and you can't let them have too many free shots at your quarterback, or you are in trouble. The, uh, now the good news is that it takes him out of the play for at least one turn, maybe two, and the offense can focus on breaking through and pushing into the secondary."

"That, uh, that yardage up the middle is going to be key in this game. I mean, your rushing game is always important, but it's gonna be most of their playbook right now. They set it up right, they can go 4 on 2 for a couple turns, take the Stone Rhino out of the equation, and start to pressure that second layer down south. That little retaining wall is gonna be key in limiting what the Stone Rhino can see."

"Down south it seems like everyone's still getting into the game a bit, figuring out what kind of game it's going to be. Except for that JagerMech. That one's already looking to make some plays. He's a real gunslinger, just havin' fun out there. I dunno if he's really got the arm strength of someone like a Brett Favre, but he's gonna take his shots downfield and he's executing well today. I'm thinking we're gonna want to keep an eye on that guy this game."

[madden mode: OFF]

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Orders submitted. I am not stepping on anyone's toes, but I do not have it in my heart to completely disengage. I can move to a hex that I am fairly sure has LOS on only one enemy unit, so I am going to keep sending chip damage downfield; also, I did not want to move in a way where I would have difficulty opening the range against the star commander.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Fraction Jackson posted:

[madden mode: ON]
They set it up right, they can go 4 on 2 for a couple turns, take the Stone Rhino out of the equation, and start to pressure that second layer down south. That little retaining wall is gonna be key in limiting what the Stone Rhino can see."
[madden mode: OFF]

Phenomenal!

Orders Submitted:

The ‘Sag’ will jump to 0608, facing 0609, and fire x2 Large Pulse Lasers, x3 Medium Pulse Lasers, and Physical Attack – Kick, at the Nova.

Captain Dupont will also hum, “"Ha-Ha-Ha-Haaa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Haa-Hanse, Ha-Ha-Ha-Hanse!!!" to the ‘Ride of the Valkyries’.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
I'm waiting for an inevitable "Aw crap" moment where someone gets to show off why the Galahad is dangerous by taking a pair of Gauss to the face after an LoS misread. Oh, excuse me, those filthy clanners renamed it the Glass Spider.

Also, PTN? THANK YOU for putting one of those in at last. Probably my absolute favorite "second line" Clan mechs just for how goofy it is. Sure, its not particularly fast and it is relatively poorly armored, but dual Gauss can ruin anyone's day if given less respect than it deserves. Also, the whole flippy arms trick is explicitly referenced in the fluff, which is a bonus.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Also, PTN? THANK YOU for putting one of those in at last. Probably my absolute favorite "second line" Clan mechs just for how goofy it is. Sure, its not particularly fast and it is relatively poorly armored, but dual Gauss can ruin anyone's day if given less respect than it deserves. Also, the whole flippy arms trick is explicitly referenced in the fluff, which is a bonus.

I've always liked the Glass Spider, even if it is a "Knockoff" Rifleman.

Some deceptively good maneuvering this turn. It might not look like much at a glance but there's some excellent Line of Sight manipulation happening.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Some deceptively good maneuvering this turn. It might not look like much at a glance but there's some excellent Line of Sight manipulation happening.

For you or for us? (smile)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
You're the ones who get to dictate line of sight and it would be very egotistical of me to compliment my own moves in advance. :shobon:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

. . . it would be very egotistical of me to compliment my own moves in advance. :shobon:

Might I introduce you to our current President? (smile)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

are you ok?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Might I introduce you to our current President? (smile)

I want you to think about the implications of this for a moment.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Alright, I'm just gonna come right out and say it, CourValant: you keep putting (smile) in all your posts, and your posting/writing style is that of a huge goony neckbeard, are you autistic or what?

Edit: maybe you're just a teenager or a drama nerd, I don't know but it's annoying.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 4

Sumiko raised her Hatamoto-Chi’s arms as Captain Dupont brought her Sagittaire down in her field of fire. Most BattleMechs were incapable of friendly fire without disabling a dozen different safety features, the DI Computer buried at the back of the cockpit wouldn’t permit a machine to fire on an ally. Her motion was equal-parts protest and proof that she meant the Federated Suns officer no harm. She’d had a clear shot at the Thunderchild, but she couldn’t risk taking it with an ally in the way.

It hardly mattered, the Sagittaire’s devastating close-range armament practically blew the enemy machine in half. Even a barrage of heavy autocannon hits couldn’t keep the elation out of the Feddie’s victory cry. Sumiko suppressed a smile, she’d been raised her whole life to believe that the soldiers of the Federated Suns, with their tendency towards surrender their commanders showed, lacked a warrior’s spirit. They certainly didn’t lack for bravery and aggression. Centuries of fighting the Draconis Combine had turned cowards into daredevils—if the Draconis Combine had shown even half this aggression during the initial Clan invasion, perhaps things would have been much different.

Movement Phase
BattleMaster
- Insufficient MP to face hex 0810: needs 7, has 6!

Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (16/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (14/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (29/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (24/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Gargoyle (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (23/26 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Nova (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (0/18 armor, 10/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Nova (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/12 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! `Mech crippled!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Nova (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (0/16 armor, 7/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Nova (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short = 5): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (17/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Nova (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (10/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 34!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Primary target already out of battle!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Hunchback (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 20!

Naginata (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (24/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (26/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (19/29 armor remaining)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 20!

Ha Otoko
- Fires LRM-10 at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 13!

Glass Spider
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 20!

Timber Wolf
- Holds fire!

Epona A #1
- Holds fire!

Epona A #2
- Holds fire!

Gargoyle
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer - 1 stabilized weapons = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer - 1 stabilized weapons = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (19/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer - 1 stabilized weapons = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (25/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer - 1 stabilized weapons = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 3, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 32!

Nova
- Fires LB-20X Autocannon (slug) at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (24/44 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (26/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (34/39 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (34/39 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (29/39 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 26!

Balius
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Stone Rhino
- Fires Gauss Rifle at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (4/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (21/36 armor remaining)!

Epona Prime #1
- Holds fire!

Epona Prime #2
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
Gargoyle
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
BattleMaster (Player)
- Attacks Gargoyle with Sword (4 base + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 Sword = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (4/34 armor remaining)!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (0/1)
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (0/17 remaining)

Secondary Objectives
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (0/16)
- Protect the Monitor Naval Vessels as they escape (0/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Mezzanon posted:

Alright, I'm just gonna come right out and say it, CourValant: you keep putting (smile) in all your posts, and your posting/writing style is that of a huge goony neckbeard, are you autistic or what?

Edit: maybe you're just a teenager or a drama nerd, I don't know but it's annoying.

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet pot (Farts)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I want you to think about the implications of this for a moment.

Ummm, not sure I follow? Didn't mean to offend, did I say something untoward?

Mezzanon posted:

. . . you keep putting (smile) in all your posts, and your posting/writing style is that of a huge goony neckbeard, are you autistic or what?

If it bothers people this much, I'll stop doing it. I don't like using emojis, and, I will want to convey the context of my messages. I'll use actual smilies if people prefer.

And no, I am not any of those things you suggested; you can keep guessing, if you want to turn it into a game?

:)

PoptartsNinja posted:

Konpei Island Update 4

Wow.

Okay, so as the 'Hata' didn't fire, I'm assuming the Nova is Mission Killed? No need to worry about that AC/20 any more?

And, the OPFOR didn't move? Is that just a map update error?

***** Edit *****

Nevermind, new map posted! :)

CourValant fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 19, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CourValant why are you able to communicate on a dead comedy forum but no other means?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also that sagitairre fragged that loving Nova.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Viva Miriya posted:

CourValant why are you able to communicate on a dead comedy forum but no other means?

Preference and time constraint.

I don't have any of the IRC 'stuff', and I don't have the time to learn it and set it up. I also don't want to get into long drawn out discussions about how my 'style' is annoying.

Is this a problem? I thought we've been communicating orders and and our ideas rather well.

***** Edit *****

Viva Miriya posted:

Also that sagitairre fragged that loving Nova.

Yeah she did! Turns out Captain DuPont is a woman; hooray for equal opportunity fragging!!! :)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CourValant posted:

Preference and time constraint.

I don't have any of the IRC 'stuff', and I don't have the time to learn it and set it up. I also don't want to get into long drawn out discussions about how my 'style' is annoying.

Is this a problem? I thought we've been communicating orders and and our ideas rather well.

***** Edit *****

Yeah she did! Turns out Captain DuPont is a woman; hooray for equal opportunity fragging!!! :)

Oh ok that makes sense. You are annoying but I thought there might be more to it than that. Anyway go on and keep putting points on the board.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Southern group: We kind of have two options. The first is that we turn about and focus fire on Someone and try to put a kill on the board ASAP. The second is we run for the north; you two start sprinting up the west side of the map while I try to hold their attention for a few rounds to give you two time to run. I do not much like plan #2 because we are all very slow, even though the northern group is having a hard time finding an opening to break through to us, but I can move to support either plan.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mezzanon posted:

. . . I don't know but it's annoying.

Viva Miriya posted:

. . . you are annoying but I thought there might be more to it than that.

I . . . Wow.

Maybe I should just post about the mission and try to socialize less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

CourValant posted:

I . . . Wow.

Maybe I should just post about the mission and try to socialize less.

(smile)

• Locked thread