Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Pending Orders:

'Sag' will jump to 0815, facing 0816, and fire ER PPC at the Ha Otoko in 1027.

Captain Dupont will ask on the lance frequency, "My Lord Coordinator-Prince Hanse Davion, might a humble captain in the service of your personal guards inquire as to where our dropship went, especially with Your Majesty on the field?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Captain Dupont will ask on the lance frequency, "My Lord Coordinator-Prince Hanse Davion, might a humble captain in the service of your personal guards inquire as to where our dropship went, especially with Your Majesty on the field?"

It left because it was right next to a Gargoyle.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

It left because it was right next to a Gargoyle.

'"Sou ka"

So, I take it that fire-support from the dropship would have been 'OP'?

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007

CourValant posted:

'"Sou ka"

So, I take it that fire-support from the dropship would have been 'OP'?
It's a Leopard, and one that already took some fire on entry. Not so much 'OP' as 'It's a glorified taxi with guns, if you want it to get you out of here, you don't want it drawing anyone's attention.'

Leopards are good at what they do, but laying down withering cover fire is not that. That was my take, anyway.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
A Leopard only has 130 side armor, while the Garg and Balius could do 115 damage on alpha strikes without even using physicals. The dropship does far less damage than that in reply, the stock Leopard only has a single LRM bay + laser bay per side, with an additional PPC bay in the nose.

It needed to gtfo because it would be a sitting (dead) duck if it hung around next to two hostile 'Mechs.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ok, I will advance the Battlemaster to 0814 and fire both PPCs at the Ha Otoko.

Quick question, if I face 0815 does that leave my back open to rear shots from 1212 or 1113? Or would it be best to stay facing 0915 and torso twist towards 0815? M2 should prevent me from getting shot in the back from the Balius this turn.

Edit:

Oh, also what are the chances that once North and South meet up that the Gargoyle/Balius start going scorched earth tactics and use the industrial complex as a shooting gallery?

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 28, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

Quick question, if I face 0815 does that leave my back open to rear shots from 1212 or 1113? Or would it be best to stay facing 0915 and torso twist towards 0815? M2 should prevent me from getting shot in the back from the Balius this turn.

There's no chance the Battlemaster or 'Sag' will be rear-shot this turn; the turn order is Goon's move, all firing takes place, then OPFOR moves.

If the OPFOR doesn't have LOS on you after you move, then it can't fire on you.

Jew it to it! posted:

Oh, also what are the chances that once North and South meet up that the Gargoyle/Balius start going scorched earth tactics and use the industrial complex as a shooting gallery?

They could, which is why the 'Sag' won't be rushing out into the open; I'll stay behind as rear guard to pop the Epona and Stone Rhino, and see if we can achieve the secondary. Also, to keep an eye on the Balius and 'Garg'.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
If they start shooting the buildings, that is good bait for them.

The victory condition isn't certain yet, so I dunno about rushing for secondaries yet.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jew it to it! posted:

Ok, I will advance the Battlemaster to 0814 and fire both PPCs at the Ha Otoko.

Edit:

Absolutely nothing can backshot you if you're facing 0815, so you're good to go.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

Timber Wolf
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!

I think you accidentally recorded the damage on the Jagermech, instead of me.

Mukaikubo posted:

Alright. South Group!

We have been maneuvering well, and we have been exceedingly lucky. We cannot count on luck continuing, so we have to keep maneuvering well. The name of the game is still "find ways to focus fire on a single enemy while limiting LOS from as many enemies as possible to us". I believe that this turn we can very easily get all three of us only in sight to the glass spider and focus it down:

I think my best move is to walk to 0533 hugging the building and engaging the glass spider. The other two also have moves where you can get outside the poor summoner's LOS and be able to shoot the glass spider as well (for example, Jagermech to 0533, Hunchback to 0433, Naginata to 0434).

Other workable options: Hex 1135 gives the hunchback at a full run LoS on the damaged epona alone. Hexes 0834 and 0835 give LoS on the Summoner alone. My only really good options are to either engage the glass spider or move to 0131 without LoS from anything and try to peel that poor Summoner back to the west, again; I would be likely to do this if the two of you opted to focus on the Summoner, rather than try to 1v1 the glass spider. Thoughts?

KnoxZone posted:

I think the plan I am most fond of is letting the Hunchback go beat the tar out of that Epona. A 1 skill gunner shooting at that hover at short range while being almost completely safe is hard to pass up. If this happens I would probably duck out of LoS for a turn and reposition myself to be in a far better position for next turn. I am not sanguine about any plan that has me engaging that Glass Spider with a +0 move mod with all the damage I have taken, even if we can engage it 3v1.

1. Epona - sounds good, but I'm worried about the "then what?" - I'll be out of position. In particular, the summoner will get to a knife-fighting range with you two.
2. Focus on the summoner - I don't think I have a way to give only him LOS and get a move mod at the same time. If there is a way I missed, okay.
3. Speaking of move mods - you know who don't have them? The HO. Also, he's out of cover, and if I charge - in my AC short range. I could also get a free kick on the summoner, too.
Sound very good - so it's a bait to draw my out there and get shot. Still tempting, though, and I don't mind the personal risk.
Do you two have an ability to LOS only him? Like, I'm eye-balling my own MS paint here, and I'm honestly not sure.
4. Go to 0433, shoot Glass Spider - got bad numbers here, but if we're ganging up on him, sure.

Just my 2 cents.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Gun Jam posted:

1. Epona - sounds good, but I'm worried about the "then what?" - I'll be out of position. In particular, the summoner will get to a knife-fighting range with you two.
2. Focus on the summoner - I don't think I have a way to give only him LOS and get a move mod at the same time. If there is a way I missed, okay.
3. Speaking of move mods - you know who don't have them? The HO. Also, he's out of cover, and if I charge - in my AC short range. I could also get a free kick on the summoner, too.
Sound very good - so it's a bait to draw my out there and get shot. Still tempting, though, and I don't mind the personal risk.
Do you two have an ability to LOS only him? Like, I'm eye-balling my own MS paint here, and I'm honestly not sure.
4. Go to 0433, shoot Glass Spider - got bad numbers here, but if we're ganging up on him, sure.

Just my 2 cents.

1. Yes, it is a risk.
2. Correct.
3. I really, really, really would be nervous about that. Your survival is our win condition. We should limit the opportunities we have for Battletech to just flat out delete you, because then it is mission failed.
4. Sounds like Knox is trying to break contact entirely assuming you are going to go for the Epona.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Gun Jam posted:

Just my 2 cents.

I'd go for 1. Embrace your inner glue factory, in moving second you will always have options.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

Absolutely nothing can backshot you if you're facing 0815, so you're good to go.
Can he make it there? I'm just an observer but I think I have observed that PTN has indicated that the Battlemaster has not had the movement to get to his target hex the past few turns.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can he make it there? I'm just an observer but I think I have observed that PTN has indicated that the Battlemaster has not had the movement to get to his target hex the past few turns.

0814 facing 0815 takes exactly 6 MP, which is what the Battlemaster has!

Gun Jam posted:

Just my 2 cents.

To 1: If the summoner closes in on the other two, you can back out and blast it maybe in the back, definitely in the side, depending where it moves to. It could move to 0935 to chase you if it wanted, but then your team mates can shoot it in the back, while you can deny LoS if you wanted to.
2: You could use 0835/4 to blast the summoner without someone else being able to hit you back, but yea, no move mod is possible.
3: This would be a super yolo option but would get you gangbanged as everyone has los to you. You would have partial cover against the HO and Glass Spider in addition to a +2 move mod, but the summoner has a ton of short range firepower and you'd have no cover from it.
4: I think this is a really really bad option when the Epona exists.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If you go after the Epona each shot you fire has about a 15% chance to immobilize it regardless of damage dealt, effectively taking it out of the fight (hovers don't like the motive system damage table and side shots make that far worse, it has to roll snake eyes to not lose movement speed and is immobile on 7+). On top of that, if the AC/20 and a medium laser hit the same non-front location it's dead on the spot.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Gwaihir posted:

3: This would be a super yolo option but would get you gangbanged as everyone has los to you. You would have partial cover against the HO and Glass Spider in addition to a +2 move mod, but the summoner has a ton of short range firepower and you'd have no cover from it.

Yeah I think any option that involves being at range 1 from that particular Summoner is asking for Isoroku to get renamed to "Sir No-Longer-Appearing-In-This-Film".

Taking a more conservative/safe option right now isn't a bad thing. If nothing else it lets you see how the OPFOR responds once they are getting fired at from the north.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Fraction Jackson posted:

Taking a more conservative/safe option right now isn't a bad thing. If nothing else it lets you see how the OPFOR responds once they are getting fired at from the north.

This.

Now that the Northern Flank is finally only a few turns away from joining the Southern fray, there's no need for rash action. I know its boring and unbecoming of a Kuritan Officer, and, please do play keep-away a little while longer so that the Northern Elements can bring fire to bear.

Let's not waste those Golden BBs the Sword of Davion have been gifted.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Artificer posted:

What game?

Fraction Jackson posted:

I am about 99.9% certain, based on his avatar meaning that he is a Vikings fan and the fact that he was responding to a 'gunslinger' comment (a term football announcers such as John Madden used to associate with Brett Favre constantly), that he means https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLUZDSzlTQ.

Thaddius, if I'm right, don't click that link.

Yeah, that was the rather brutal end to an otherwise great year; Favre's lengthy career met a pretty ignoble end the next season when time and injury caught up in a bug hurry. That game was just the tail end really, the majority of his career was spent with the Packers beating the hell out of the Vikings, so I've seen a lot of him "just having fun out there", and he made for an equal measure of amazing plays and astoundingly stupid errors for the entire ride.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Alright. Since there is apparently no concern that I'll be out of position next round (or it's an acceptable risk. If south lance is okay with the summoner, sure), and so far we're not going on "gang glass spider" Epona it is.
Are you two going to focus on someone, or we're still holding up?

Gun Jam fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 29, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gun Jam posted:

I may have, I'll get that fixed.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Gun Jam posted:

Alright. Since there is apparently no concern that I'll be out of position next round (or it's an acceptable risk. If south lance is okay with the summoner, sure), and so far we're not going on "gang glass spider" Epona it is.
Are you two going to focus on someone, or we're still holding up?

The last thing I heard is that Knox is going to try to break LOS, and so I am not going to try to engage anyone all by myself. I am probably going to just keep out of sight and try to position myself well for next round.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Orders Submitted

‘Sag’ will jump to 0815, facing 0816, and fire the ER PPC at the Ha Otoko in 1027.

Captain Dupont will sing to herself, “Ha-Haa-Ha-Haaa-Ha-Haaaaa! Hanse!!!“.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Mukaikubo posted:

The last thing I heard is that Knox is going to try to break LOS, and so I am not going to try to engage anyone all by myself. I am probably going to just keep out of sight and try to position myself well for next round.

Yeah, if it was all three of us together I would be alright with risking the Glass Spider in my condition, but with just the two of us it is probably best to play safe for a turn. Time is on our side now. Thinking 0935 since that will give me an escape if the Summoner tries to trap me.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 30, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just FYI.

I am stuck at work because Schrödinger's Agent didn't show up.

Edit: Ask me why I call them Schrödinger's Agent. It's because they only show up half the time. for legitimate health reasons so I'm not upset, this is just the first time it's probably going to prevent me from updating.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 30, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's all good PTN.

We won't know for sure whether or not he's a cat lich until we open his phylactery box.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just FYI.

I am stuck at work because Schrödinger's Agent didn't show up.

No worries Friends, hope work is going well, appreciate the heads-up; we'll all be here and we'll all be fine when you're ready to update.

Xarbala posted:

We won't know for sure whether or not he's a cat lich until we open his phylactery box.

You can't directly observe the contents of the box, n00bz; you'll change the outcome!!! :)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 7

“It looks like they’ve grown tired of being outmaneuvered,” Tai-i Himura Mahinder sounded as pleased as he felt. Deprived of real targets, the Clanners had begun firing upon Konpei Island’s buildings. Given time, they could do crippling damage to the surface factories, but a few shots fired in frustration were no real danger. Jets of industrial-grade oils began spurting from the high-pressure storage tank the enemy had chosen to puncture.

“The laugh is on them,” Mahinder dropped his crosshairs over the spreading oil slick. The DI Computer didn’t register it as a valid target, but a blast or two from his PPC would certainly start the slick alight. “If we ignite this, the smoke will give us even more cover to hide in!”

“If they rupture the tank, the explosion could kill us,” Captain Jagoda cautioned. “I hate to suggest this, but it may be time to rush them.”

Movement Phase
Mauler
- Insufficient MP to enter hex 0510: needs 6, has 5!

Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 34!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 11, hit Front (1/21 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Side (15/20 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 10, hit Turret (11/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Epona A #1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Side (12/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

Naginata (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0731!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Building Hex 0933 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 immobile target - 1 targeting computer = 1): automatically hit (37/45 CF remaining)! Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0833!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Building Hex 0933 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 immobile target - 1 targeting computer = 1): automatically hit (29/45 CF remaining)! Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0833!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Building Hex 0933 (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement - 4 immobile target - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled 4, hit (24/45 CF remaining)! Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0832!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 38!

Ha Otoko
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0928!
- Fires LRM-10 at building hex 0916 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement - 4 enemy movement = 0): 5 missiles automatically hit (40/45 CF Remaining)! Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0917!
- Fires LRM-10 at building hex 0931 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 1): 10 missiles automatically hit (14/45 CF remaining)! Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0833!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 13!

Glass Spider
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1427!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Sagittaire (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Sagittaire (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 20!

Epona A #1
- Fires LRM-20 at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 9, 15 missiles hit Left Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (21/26 armor remaining), Left Leg (15/20 armor remaining)!

Gargoyle
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 32!

Balius
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Stone Rhino
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Epona Prime #1
- Holds fire!

Epona Prime #2
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
Epona A #1
- Chance for Motive System Damage: rolled 3, no damage sustained!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Side: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (0/1)
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (15/17 remaining)

Secondary Objectives
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (0/16)
- Protect the Monitor Naval Vessels as they escape (0/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Frustrated that your suppression mission succeeded, and that we bunkered up as a result? Maybe you should have pushed for a contact. Just saying.
Tactical options at a glance - charge to engage HO at close range ; try to save what honor I have left by finish up the epona ; 1435 will keep the summoner from shooting ; not sure if I have an option to shoot somebody without giving LOS to at least two units.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 34!

That's a little bad luck, you'd figure 1 of 3 shots with a TH of 8 would hit.

PoptartsNinja posted:

. . . Some of the storage tank’s contents leak into hex 0832!

Sonofa . . .

PoptartsNinja posted:

Primary Objectives
. . .
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (15/17 remaining)

Well, this could become a problem, and quick.

So, Balius has decided to play 'sic 'em' with the Mauler, and none of us in the North are positioned to help; better back up, or eat all that short ranged firepower.

Don't recommend any of us rushing into the open, not with that Stone Rhino playing overwatch.

Initial instincts for the 'Sag' is to jump to 0717 and fire on the Epona. Objective is to work my way south down the left side, around the dropship and engage the Summoner.

@PTN: LOS check, should be able to fire at the Epona in 1117 from 0717?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gun Jam posted:

Frustrated that your suppression mission succeeded, and that we bunkered up as a result? Maybe you should have pushed for a contact. Just saying.

But then they'd be the one's standing right next to a giant explosive barrel :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gun Jam posted:

Without an ACE on my side that would be actual suicide.

CourValant posted:

@PTN: LOS check, should be able to fire at the Epona in 1117 from 0717?

It's 50/50 so it could deny you the shot.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 2, 2017

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Quite bad luck about not nailing that southern Epona and having all 3 rear PPC shots miss, but the dice giveth and the dice taketh.

There's not really anything to help the Mauler at this point. The Jagermech has great shots on the Summoner now though, and the Sagittaire and Battlemaster have the option of either focusing it or the Epona nearer to them.

0617 can freely shoot the Epona, but not the Stone Rhino. 0817 can shoot the Epona, and has 50/50 los to the Stone Rhino. However, the Rhino could easily just blow through the building hex in 1016, or if one of the mechs that fires earlier does it for him, then he can pound away. at both of those hexes.

Jumping with only 3 jets when not needed to actually clear an obstacle or face a direction that is otherwise unreachable is also very bad idea. Walking 3 hexes gives you +1 to hit, and +1 to be hit. Jumping 3 gives you +3 to hit for +2 to be hit. Jumping 2 is even worse, because you get a +3 to hit but only a +1 to be hit.

The Hunchback and Naginata can probably charge at this point, and at least use the cover provided by the ridge now that the Epona is no longer at point blank. Attacks from 1233, 1232, or 1132 will hit the Ha Otoko's right side, giving you a better chance of nailing that right leg again and maybe getting lucky.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 2, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Little thing, but my Naginata should have been facing north after its movements, as per my orders.

Unlucky that we failed to do any motive damage to the Epona, but Hunchie mauled it pretty bad. Now we have some space to work with.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

rip Mauler

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

what do you think would have been worse: getting shot by the stone rhino on the berm or being boxed in by two mechs and a epona?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Viva Miriya posted:

what do you think would have been worse: getting shot by the stone rhino on the berm or being boxed in by two mechs and a epona?

Stone Rhino.

The Mauler can win a kicking match with the Balius.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stone Rhino.

The Mauler can win a kicking match with the Balius.

lol

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 3, 2017

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, that could have gone worse. I was hoping they wouldn't start taking pot-shots at the buildings for another turn or two.

So, it looks like the Battlemaster has one safe, one moderately dangerous and one Hanse Davion option for next turn.

1. Advance down the road 4 hexes and continue to fire on either the Epona to the right or continue firing downfield to assist the southern lance.

2. Cut to the right to 1114 to try and get into close range on the Stone Rhino.

3. Advance to 1017, Alpha the Epona and engage in melee.

One other option is Sagittarius and Battlemaster continue south, Hatamoto-Chi advance to 1014 and fires on the Stone Rhino? That way we don't have everyone boxed in between the exploding tank of green and the battleship H6.

Thoughts?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

CourValant posted:

Don't recommend any of us rushing into the open, not with that Stone Rhino playing overwatch.

Keep the mission in mind. Keeping your mechs from being damaged (with one notable exception) is not a part of your objectives. If you do go into the open, make sure it's at speed and that you're giving the Rhino multiple targets. Depending on what the Southern lance plans, you might be able to stall for one more turn maximum, but you can't possibly join forces if you allow the Rhino's field of fire to constrain your movements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Don't waste your time trying to educate him.

• Locked thread