Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I will totally buy a :battletech: smiley to compliment :squawk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Gun Jam posted:

Muk, do you think you can kill the glass spider this turn, or you prefer my assistance?

Same question to the Southern Flank, 'Sag' will fire at the Summoner and Epona, unless support is requested on the Glass Spider?

Orders will be as follows, subject to any last minute discussions and changes:

'Sag' will jump to 1021, facing 1122, and fire x2 MPL (rear facing) at the Epona Prime #2 in 1119, plus x2 LPL and x2 MPL at the Summoner in 0824.

Captain Dupont will broadcast, “To the pilot of the Summoner; you've been jumping around and hiding in holes for this entire battle. Is this what you little ponies have been reduced to since returning to the Inner Sphere? Where is your spirit, Clanner?"

Gwaihir posted:

I will totally buy a :battletech: smiley to compliment :squawk:

Do we all have to buy it individually, or can we each chip in to 'unlock' it for everyone?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
No, one person gets it then anyone can use the emoticon

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Gwaihir posted:

No, one person gets it then anyone can use the emoticon

Can we somehow figure out a way to chip in as a group? I'll be in for $5, or even $10.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
If the smiley size is up to par I don't mind paying it forward since someone was kind enough to buy mine. :shobon:

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

CourValant posted:

Same question to the Southern Flank, 'Sag' will fire at the Summoner and Epona, unless support is requested on the Glass Spider?

Orders will be as follows, subject to any last minute discussions and changes:

'Sag' will jump to 1021, facing 1122, and fire x2 MPL (rear facing) at the Epona Prime #2 in 1119, plus x2 LPL and x2 MPL at the Summoner in 0824.

I don't have any problem with these orders, I just want to remind you that your second target takes a penalty on the to-hit rolls. Make sure you pick which one is your primary and which one is secondary accordingly.

I'll move forward into the trench and shoot the Epona in 1119 with contingencies for the Summoner. PTN will probably make me regret my lack of movement next turn somehow but I've got to get past it eventually.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yakumo posted:

I don't have any problem with these orders, I just want to remind you that your second target takes a penalty on the to-hit rolls. Make sure you pick which one is your primary and which one is secondary accordingly.

Fair enough; I'd assume the first target listed is primary, however I'll make it explicit.

Yakumo posted:

I'll move forward into the trench and shoot the Epona in 1119 with contingencies for the Summoner. PTN will probably make me regret my lack of movement next turn somehow but I've got to get past it eventually.

Yep. Insert 'why did the assault 'mech cross the road' joke here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Fair enough; I'd assume the first target listed is primary, however I'll make it explicit.

This is one instance I take my cue from MegaMek: If you don't specify, the thing you shoot with your biggest gun is the primary target.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

This is one instance I take my cue from MegaMek: If you don't specify, the thing you shoot with your biggest gun is the primary target.

Well, in that case, I'm glad for the reminder from Yakumo; I'll make it explicit.

***** EDIT *****

Orders Submitted:

'Sag' will jump to 1021, facing 1122, and fire x2 MPL (rear facing) at the Epona Prime #2 (primary target) in 1119, plus x2 LPL and x2 MPL at the Summoner (secondary target) in 0824.

Captain Dupont will broadcast, “To the pilot of the Summoner; you've been jumping around and hiding in holes for this entire battle. Is this what you little ponies have been reduced to since returning to the Inner Sphere? Where is that vaunted warrior spirit, Clanner?"

CourValant fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 13, 2017

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hope the Mauler makes it, could be an epic showdown against the Stone Rhino!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 13, 2017

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

sebmojo posted:

same, though I'll always be a little proud of my clutch last minute cockpit grab in Air Raid.

I have fond memories of our back-to-back fighting retreat at the end there.

I've been trying to work out a way to build a Screamer ever since piloting the thing. It was too obscure a mech to ever get a mini, sadly, and the shape is so distinctive I was thinking of converting a Transformer.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Loxbourne posted:

I have fond memories of our back-to-back fighting retreat at the end there.

I've been trying to work out a way to build a Screamer ever since piloting the thing. It was too obscure a mech to ever get a mini, sadly, and the shape is so distinctive I was thinking of converting a Transformer.

Watching the Screamer was super fun because the dang thing was impossible to hit except for the two times Jason almost got headcapped and when the Naga dropped an ICBM on it

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I also should've specified: If you've got multiple targets, the primary will always be the one in your front arc. You can't dodge the secondary target not in front arc penalty. :shobon:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I also should've specified: If you've got multiple targets, the primary will always be the one in your front arc. You can't dodge the secondary target not in front arc penalty. :shobon:

Booooo-errrrrnnns! Booooo-errrrrnnns!!! :)

I can only hope that with all the BS 'Sag' bonuses, its enough to overcome the penalty; although, your last post doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I haven't even rolled your dice yet.

Edit: Sorely tempted to let this happen, but it feels too much like a gotcha: you probably shouldn't aim low against a target that has partial cover.

Double Edit: Player took this into account, I'm blind.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 13, 2017

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

I haven't even rolled your dice yet.

Edit: Sorely tempted to let this happen, but it feels too much like a gotcha: you probably shouldn't aim low against a target that has partial cover.

Are you talking about me? Because I did specify that if he got cover (and I thought he didn't), I'm not aiming low.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Saved by a fall.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Saved by a fall.

No Jager kick today, alas.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Saved by a fall.

:f5h:

Well come on then, what do the dice have in store for us today?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 10

Explosions rippled up the Hunchback’s torso like a dozen blossoming roses, scattering shrapnel and leaving only an oily black smoke lingering in the air. Isoroku staggered, but had no trouble keeping the Murakami on its feet. He held up his undamaged left arm, showing the pure white sword he’d had painted along the length of the forearm, and returned fire at the enemy missile-boat. The `Mech was patterned off of a Samurai warrior, a fact Isoroku found oddly distasteful. It shouldn’t have mattered, a `Mech was a `Mech after all, and yet it felt like an insult.

The ungainly form of Captain Jagoda’s venerable JagerMech crested the concrete berm that had once been a landing strip for large cargo aircraft. He called out a warning, she was rushing into the open and straight into the guns of the enemy! The JagerMech was by no means fast, but it was fast enough, closing the distance to the enemy Galahad in a dozen lumbering strides.

“Captain, you are too exposed!”

“You told me to follow my gut,” was Jagoda’s calm reply. She reared back, firing her autocannons and lasers as much to blind and confuse the enemy as to harm them. The Galahad reeled as Himura added his firepower to the mix, its left arm fell away as its side torso gave way. The Galahad was built too well for that to be a deathblow, but the Galahad’s jutting cockpit was exposed. Jagoda crushed it with one of the JagerMech’s long, wedge-shaped feet. Her panting was audible over the company channel, she’d either forgotten to key off her microphone or her breathing was loud enough to fool the computer into broadcasting anyway.

Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1421!
- Fires PPC at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires PPC at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Front (1/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1022!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (7/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (Damage Blocked by Terrain)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 improved targeting short - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (0/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser (Rear) at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Front (9/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser (Rear) at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex (whichever!)
- Fires PPC at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 8): rolled 10, hit Front (0/21 armor, 4/5 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires SRM-6 at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (10/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (15/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (4/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/26 armor, 16/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (5/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (9/34 armor remaining)!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (3/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (10/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24!

Naginata (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0628!
- Fires ER PPC at Glass Spider (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (4/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Glass Spider (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Glass Spider (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/14 structure remaining)! Torso Destroyed! Left Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (4/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Fires ER Large Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (10/44 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Sagittaire (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 38!

Ha Otoko
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1633!
- Fires LRM-20 at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 2 minimum range = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 2 minimum range = 8): rolled 12, 15 missiles hit Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/20 armor remaining), Left Torso (5/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 13!

Glass Spider
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/26 armor, 12/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 20!

Gargoyle
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 7): rolled 10, rolled 10 to confirm, hit Left Arm (3/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Small Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 7): rolled 9, rolled 8 to confirm automatically hit Left Torso (10/19 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Small Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 7): rolled 7, rolled 10 to confirm, hit Right Arm (3/22 armor remaining)!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Small Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Mauler (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 6 missiles hit Right Leg (14/22 armor remaining), Head (1/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Right Arm (1/22 armor remaining), Left Torso (8/19 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (11/27 armor remaining), Right Torso (18/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 32!

Stone Rhino
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 20!

Epona Prime #1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (10/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (34/41 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (21/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 12, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (19/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (5/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Head (7/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Right Arm (8/28 armor remaining)!

Epona Prime #2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (3/44 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (Damage blocked by Terrain)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (13/20 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (6/20 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Sagittaire (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Right Arm (24/31 armor remaining), Left Leg (Damage blocked by Terrain), Right Torso (4/20 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (1/44 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Epona Prime #2
- Critical chance in Front: rolled 8, Sensors Hit!

Gargoyle
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Jump Jet hit!
- - Targeting Computer disabled!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage = 7): rolled 5, fails!
- Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Right Torso (11/17 structure remaining (Crit!), Right Leg (6/34 armor remaining)!
- Avoiding Pilot Damage (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage + 2 avoiding pilot damage = 9): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!

Hunchback (Player)
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (1 base + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro damage = 5): rolled 11, succeeds!

Mauler (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Light Autocannon hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a 5+ Consciousness Test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a 3+ Consciousness Test: rolled 12, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Targeting Computer hit!
- - Targeting Computer destroyed!
- - Medium Pulse Laser hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Mauler (Player)
- Kicks Gargoyle (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 3): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/26 armor, 0/13 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!

JagerMech
- Kicks Glass Spider (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 4, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Cockpit destroyed! Pilot killed!

Next Turn Movement Phase:
Gargoyle
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 base + 2 actuator damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (0/1)
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (14/17 remaining)

Secondary Objectives
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (0/16)
- Protect the Monitor Naval Vessels as they escape (0/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 14, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You're winning. Taking more pilot hits than is ideal, but winning.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The Jagermech is angry and needs souls to feed on.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Jagermechs: Still The Most Dangerous Heavy Mech

:catstare:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Holy carnage batman.
Would not have picked the Jagermech for most :black101: mech if all I saw was the opening lineup.

Not sure if it's a copy paste mixup, but it looks like Epona Prime #1 shouldn't have been able to hit the Sagittaire. (Guessing it was just a mixup because it shot all it's lasers at the Battlemaster and didn't have a secondary target mod for the streaks).

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Where's that Star Commander going? Its not like he has better options than to press the attack, now that the 'Sag' and Battlemaster are battered; 'Hata' is still quite fresh though.

Mauler, my C-Bills are still on you; you're pounding that 'Garg' to scrap.

Jagermom, who knew? I thought of all 'mechs in the South, you'd be the biggest liability as the glass cannon; this is what, your 4th kill?

Initial instincts for the 'Sag', jump back up to 1119 to take out the Epona, and be in position to swing around the H17 to pick up the Stone Rhino's rear as it clears the M4.

'Hata' can escort the Battlemaster the rest of the way South for the rendezvous.

@PTN: The damaged MPL, can it still fire? Is there a penalty of some kind?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If I'm reading the map right, the Jagermech can run forward into minimum range on the Ha Otoko and threaten another Justice Foot while also breaking line of sight to the Stone Rhino.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
"Damaged" means can't shoot, yea.

The crippled Epona isolated itself from everyone and is trying to retreat, so it's certainly possible to leave it be for now, since it is not going anywhere quickly. Moving north to help the Mauler secure the secondary objective might be viable with these latest kills.

Voyager I posted:

If I'm reading the map right, the Jagermech can run forward into minimum range on the Ha Otoko and threaten another Justice Foot while also breaking line of sight to the Stone Rhino.

You are definitely reading that correctly :getin:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I love how a jagermech is a more dangerous mech then basically every assault mech on the field.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

@PTN: The damaged MPL, can it still fire? Is there a penalty of some kind?

It's out of the fight but repairable. I require two critical hits to "destroy" a component, which means any hits past the second count as a reroll. It keeps huge items (like your 8 slot targeting computer) from soaking a million critical hits without requiring me to track every individual slot.

This has mattered precisely twice over the course of the entire LP.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

JagerMech
- Kicks Glass Spider (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 4, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Cockpit destroyed! Pilot killed!

ahhahahahahahahahhahahhahah please increase their piloting skill as the jagerhero cleans up the map.

Also they need to be bumped up to story importance status at this point.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kingcom posted:

ahhahahahahahahahhahahhahah please increase their piloting skill as the jagerhero cleans up the map.

Also they need to be bumped up to story importance status at this point.

If she survives, I can totally see her ending up as Isoroku's aide-de-camp coordinating military strikes from Luthien.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
PTN, am I misunderstanding how the firing arcs work somehow or is there another reason I only fired one set of SRMs? I thought my orders said to fire both. I'll check when I can get to my computer instead of phoneposting. Considering how beat up that Epona is, that could end it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Yakumo posted:

PTN, am I misunderstanding how the firing arcs work somehow or is there another reason I only fired one set of SRMs? I thought my orders said to fire both. I'll check when I can get to my computer instead of phoneposting. Considering how beat up that Epona is, that could end it.

Read your orders as "fire one PPC and SRM" I missed the "both," it's fixed. I'd already put my dice away, but random.org says you rolled a 3. :saddowns:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

If she survives, I can totally see her ending up as Isoroku's aide-de-camp coordinating military strikes from Luthien.

Put her in charge of the soon to be formed 1st Sword of Davion.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

kingcom posted:

You know, Victor Davion is a pretty solid pilot too. Doesn't mean he should ever lead a unit though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Mauler is doing a lot of hard work up north and deserves recognition, but holy poo poo* Jagermom

*EDIT: since im back home and no longer phoneposting,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Runa fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 14, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

kingcom posted:

There are certainly worst unit formation events/battles/stories than this.

. . . The 1st Sword of Davion, formed during the Liberation of Luthien, when Coordinator-Prince Hanse Davion rode to the rescue of stranded Kuritan Warriors. This singular battle, fought against a superior Clan force, cemented the integration of the Suns and the Dragons military, and formed the blueprint for the next generation of combined units tactics between these two former foes . . .

Defiance Industries posted:

You know, Victor Davion is a pretty solid pilot too. Doesn't mean he should ever lead a unit though.

Katrina though, I'd follow her to the gates of hell . . . and kick her in . . .

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Read your orders as "fire one PPC and SRM" I missed the "both," it's fixed. I'd already put my dice away, but random.org says you rolled a 3. :saddowns:

Bah. Oh well. At least the one hit your dice let me have was a solid one even if it didn't finish the job.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Summoner has decided he wants to be pals with me. That is unfortunate, but I should be able to last a few turns as long as I stay out of MG range. Probably time to start utilizing my rear armor.

Current thought is for us southern folks (although at this point the gap between north and south no longer really exists) should gang up on the HO, although I am pretty sure the Jager will be able to handle it by himself at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

lol as if that has ever stopped anyone in battletech, ever.

• Locked thread