Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jew it to it! posted:

Always sign up, you can't do worse than me.

Also, make sure you didn't sign up under a previous name change.

To be fair you're selling yourself short there. You've done just fine.

God save the Prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Fraction Jackson posted:

God save the Prince.

Oi, his Royal Majesty's Loyal Guard is right here, and its Coordinator-Prince Hanse Davion, the first of his name, may his Reign last ten thousand generations, friend! :)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

‘Sag’ will jump to 1119, facing 1018, and fire the ER PPC and x1 LPL at the Summoner in 0326.
I'm curious why face 1018?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Jew it to it! posted:

Bad luck with the dice does not mean you're playing badly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Bad luck with the dice does not mean you're playing badly.
Maybe I shouldnt sign up then, I have legendarily bad dice :v:

I need to read through the op and the information before I sign up though.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Maybe I shouldnt sign up then, I have legendarily bad dice :v:

I need to read through the op and the information before I sign up though.

You should sign up. Bad luck makes for hilarious outcomes. At least for the crowd.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You should sign up. Bad luck makes for hilarious outcomes. At least for the crowd.
Very well. I will be the anti-Mukaikubo.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm curious why face 1018?

To protect the right torso from the Summoner in case it decides to shoot at me.

Facing 1018 means the Summoner will roll on the 'Left Side' table for hit location, if it comes to that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

To protect the right torso from the Summoner in case it decides to shoot at me.

Facing 1018 means the Summoner will roll on the 'Left Side' table for hit location, if it comes to that.
Ahhh very nice

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

Jew it to it! posted:

Also, make sure you didn't sign up under a previous name change.

Does anybody happen to have the pilot roster link handy? I must be blind but i didn't see it in the op

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007

Holybat posted:

Does anybody happen to have the pilot roster link handy? I must be blind but i didn't see it in the op

It's in the third post on Page 1.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 11

“Isoroku, it’s good to see you intact,” Hanse’s BattleMaster didn’t slow, not while there were still enemies about, but with nothing between his forces and Isoroku’s battered command it seemed like all that remained was the mop-up.

“As intact as you,” came Isoroku’s calm reply. It was true enough, his Hunchback had been battered by enemy fire but Hanse’s BattleMaster had a hole in the left torso big enough to park hovercar. “I did not think you so unwise as to come to my rescue yourself.”

“We were closest,” Hanse replied. “And Konpei Island is as good a place for our field command post as any and better than some. If things go poorly, the Clans will have hell to pay to root us out.”

“As you say,” Isoroku didn’t sound convinced. “But we’ll also have a, ah, ‘hell of a time’ reinforcing this position if the Clans do make a concerted effort. We can’t land the bulk of our troops here, seizing Luthien from a factory island is untenable.”

“I don’t disagree,” Hanse nodded, “but with—”

“New contacts, one lance, approaching from the South!” Captain Dupont broadcast, “Looks like—I thought they were ConstructionMechs, but they’re armed to the teeth! I thought that was a crane, but it’s definitely an autocannon! Most of their weapons look like they’re designed to be easily disguised as floodlights or other tools.”

“Looks like someone’s been building BattleMechs right under the Clans’ noses,” Hawk sounded bone tired, but his microphones no longer carried the sounds of combat. He must have finished his opponent—or opponents, Hanse corrected. They hadn’t seen the Sohei in a while.

“Leftenant Hawkins, status report,” Hanse barked automatically.

“I’m a little beat up, but I’ll—”

“More contacts,” Tai-i Himura’s Naginata was the best command `Mech in Isoroku’s battalion, its communications systems were first rate, at least on par with the venerable Cyclops. Hanse recalled that Mahinder Himura’s dossier said he’d specialized as a communications officer at the Sun Zhang mechwarrior academy. He’d been the first one to punch a signal through the Clan’s ever-present jamming to call for aid.

“I’m getting scattered comm signals from the other side of the sea wall. Enemy VTOLs inbound. They’re broadcasting in the clear—it’s difficult to follow but they’re probably a fast response team!”

“We’ll have to take them out, and deny them their first responders.” Hanse concluded instantly. He twisted, toggling his external speakers and cranking the volume up enough for the inbound lance to hear. “To the lance behind us: if you’re here to help, great, form ranks and we’ll help you extract a little revenge. If you’re here to help the Clans,” he paused, “we had no trouble with their real `Mechs. You may want to reconsider.”

The newcomers’ reply was not long in waiting. The enemy machines were ungainly and awkward, resembling the robotic version of teenagers whose arms and feet were slightly too long for the rest of them. They were painted in garish colors, matching common construction equipment, and covered in typical warning labels and reflective triangles indicative of civilian vehicles.

“I am,” the speaker’s English was poor but comprehensible. He paused for a moment, perhaps seeking the right words. The next word out of his mouth dripped with palpable venom, the likes of which not even broadcasting over a BattleMech megaphone could disguise, “Technician Robert. This is our planet. We are here to fight for it. If you are here to help us liberate it, then we fight alongside you. If you are here to conquer,” he trailed off, clapping the `Mech’s pincer-like hands together with a resounding clang, “then we will drive you from this world along with the Clanners.”

Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1623!
- Fires PPC at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Rear (3/18 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires PPC at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear (0/18 armor, 0/5 structure remaining)! CfMSD! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Turret (12/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Epona Prime #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1019!
- Fires ER PPC at Summoner (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 pulse laser = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 34!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1224!
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/23 armor, 8/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (8/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (4/34 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (8/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 11, 10 missiles hit Left Torso (16/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (10/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (3/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (24/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (3/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (21/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Ha Otoko (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (16/29 armor remaining)!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

Naginata (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0628!
- Fires ER PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, 15 missiles hit Right Leg (damage blocked), Right Arm (5/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (16/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, 15 missiles hit Center Torso (11/31 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/15 structure remaining (Torso destroyed! Arm blown off! Damage transfers to Center Torso! (9/31 armor remaining)), Right Arm (0/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (0/23 armor, 13/15 structure remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (4/31 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Fires ER Large Laser at Naginata (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Naginata (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (14/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 11, hit Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 38!

Ha Otoko
- Fires LRM-20 at JagerMech (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 9, 10 missiles hit Left Leg (24/29 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 at JagerMech (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 13!

Gargoyle
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (0/15 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (5/19 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (3/27 armor remaining)!
- Aims Carefully and Fires ER Small Laser at Mauler’s Left Torso (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 targeting computer aimed shot = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (15/18 armor remaining)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 32!

Stone Rhino
- Fires Gauss Rifle at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (25/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemicals leak from the tank!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (10/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemicals leak from the tank!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (0/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemical tank ruptures!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 20!

Epona Prime #1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (13/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (damage blocked)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Arm (19/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 pulse laser = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (18/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 12, 4 missiles hit Right Arm (17/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (24/34 armor remaining), Right Torso (16/25 armor remaining), Right Torso (14/25 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Building Hex 1621
- tank ruptured: rolled 7, volatile chemical tank explodes!
- - 600 tons of Chlorine Trifluoride explodes in hex 1621!
- BattleMaster suffers 10 damage in the explosion to Left Arm (14/28 Armor Remaining), Center Torso (29/41 armor remaining)!

Gargoyle
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage = 7): rolled 7, succeeds!

Ha Otoko
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - LRM-20 ammo hit!
- - - Ha Otoko suffers 60 damage in an Ammunition Explosion (0/15 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Right Arm blown off! Pilot Hit! Pilot Hit!
- - - - CASE vents remaining damage harmlessly!
- - Remaining Critical hit transfers to Center Torso
- - - Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a 3+ Consciousness Test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ Consciousness Test: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Mauler (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - LRM-15 damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Mauler (Player)
- Kicks Gargoyle (4 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 2): automatically hit Left Leg (0/17 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (6/38 armor remaining)!

JagerMech
- Kicks Ha Otoko (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (0/31 armor, 12/21 structure remaining)! Crit!

End Phase:
Ha Otoko
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 10, succeeds!

Player Status:

Ally? Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (Complete)
- Destroy enemy reinforcements (0/8 remaining)!

Secondary Objectives
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (13/17 remaining)
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (0/16)
- Protect the Monitor Naval Vessels as they escape (0/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PTN's note: Sorry this update took so long. I really should've had the art for the Donars done two weeks ago, I've just been procrastinating like an idiot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's him.

I knew he'd survive.

Robert the Salaryman! He's going to drive the Clanners out!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

PoptartsNinja posted:

- - 600 tons of Chlorine Trifluoride explodes in hex 1621!

:stare:

Just... owww.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Woo, just the Rhino and Summoner left...Oh poo poo, Donars.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jew it to it! posted:

Woo, just the Rhino and Summoner left...Oh poo poo, Donars.

At least they're not the stock Donar. Granted, the stock Donar would be less annoying under the weapon rebalance for this mission, but...

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fraction Jackson posted:

At least they're not the stock Donar. Granted, the stock Donar would be less annoying under the weapon rebalance for this mission, but...

Kebab IIC

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

gently caress yeah the Mauler did it!

It's unfortunate that Hanse's cover got blown.... literally.
And I'm the one that suggested he go there.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

Hmm, there's also only 4 in each Star. They don't have battlearmor mounts do they? Granted, I wouldn't want to try holding on to the outside of a VTOL going 150kph, but they are the Clans.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Jew it to it! posted:

Hmm, there's also only 4 in each Star. They don't have battlearmor mounts do they? Granted, I wouldn't want to try holding on to the outside of a VTOL going 150kph, but they are the Clans.

Maybe but you have a Jager.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Jew it to it! posted:

Vehicles only count for half. Those are (probably) four points of a single star, which meant they've either sent the other point elsewhere, it wasn't in fighting condition, or it got taken out by aerospace fighters on the way over.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Oh well Bloody Hell, look what the cat dragged in . . .

PoptartsNinja posted:

“I am,” the speaker’s English was poor but comprehensible. He paused for a moment, perhaps seeking the right words. The next word out of his mouth dripped with palpable venom, the likes of which not even broadcasting over a BattleMech megaphone could disguise, “Technician Robert. This is our planet. We are here to fight for it. If you are here to help us liberate it, then we fight alongside you. If you are here to conquer,” he trailed off, clapping the `Mech’s pincer-like hands together with a resounding clang, “then we will drive you from this world along with the Clanners.”

Can someone please tell Former Bondsman Robert (preferably in Japanese; I'm looking at you Kuritan Boys) that he's in the presence of the Coordinator-Prince and Isoroku-effing-Kurita? It would be a shame to have to behead him after the battle for his insolence.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sagittaire (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1019!
- Fires ER PPC at Summoner (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer - 1 pulse laser = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 34!

@PTN: In the interest of fair play, please note that the 'Sag's' TarComp was destroyed last turn; it wouldn't be fair to reap the -1 TH benefit from here on out.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Mauler (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (8/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (4/34 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (8/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Gargoyle (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 5): rolled 11, 10 missiles hit Left Torso (16/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (10/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Bra-effing-vo. You know now what you must do; get into the boat-pens, pop the secondary, and have all those AC/20s take out that flight of Northern Donars. Imagine it, the sun setting behind you, and sakura petals drifting on the wind. It will be magnificent.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Naginata (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0628!
- Fires ER PPC at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, 15 missiles hit Right Leg (damage blocked), Right Arm (5/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (16/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, 15 missiles hit Center Torso (11/31 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/15 structure remaining (Torso destroyed! Arm blown off! Damage transfers to Center Torso! (9/31 armor remaining)), Right Arm (0/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Ha Otoko (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 30!

Incredible. If there was a post-game highlight reel after the battle, think of all these great dice moments.

PoptartsNinja posted:

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (0/23 armor, 13/15 structure remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ha Otoko (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (4/31 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

JagerMom does it again with that TAC!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Summoner
- Fires ER Large Laser at Naginata (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Naginata (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (14/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 11, hit Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 38!

Star Commander Hippity-Hop is really starting to grind my gears.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stone Rhino
- Fires Gauss Rifle at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (25/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemicals leak from the tank!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (10/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemicals leak from the tank!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at building Hex 1621 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (0/40 CF Remaining)! Volatile Chemical tank ruptures!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 20!

Coward.

PoptartsNinja posted:

PTN's note: Sorry this update took so long. I really should've had the art for the Donars done two weeks ago, I've just been procrastinating like an idiot.

Its all good Friend, been looking forward to the plot twist, and was not disappointed!

@Northern/Southern Elements: So, I take it that we're not firing on the Former Bondsman? All that's left is how do we want to assign anti-air duties, and what do we do about the Summoner and Stone Rhino?

Jew it to it! posted:

Don't the Goliath Scorpions do Battlearmor Air-Drops from Aerospace Fighters?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

600 tons of ClF3? There ain't gonna be much of an island when this is over.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Welcome back, Korean Robert.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Defiance Industries posted:

It's him.

I knew he'd survive.

Robert the Salaryman! He's going to drive the Clanners out!

How much do you want to bet that the seat of his 'Mech is a particularly brave office chair?

CourValant posted:

Can someone please tell Former Bondsman Robert (preferably in Japanese; I'm looking at you Kuritan Boys) that he's in the presence of the Coordinator-Prince and Isoroku-effing-Kurita? It would be a shame to have to behead him after the battle for his insolence.

Korean Robert could take them. Never underestimate the power of a minor character that the audience has decided they like.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Oh hey you decided to make the left side of the map the south side, hopefully that's already fooled some people!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

CourValant posted:

Oh well Bloody Hell, look what the cat dragged in . . .

@Northern/Southern Elements: So, I take it that we're not firing on the Former Bondsman? All that's left is how do we want to assign anti-air duties, and what do we do about the Summoner and Stone Rhino?

Early, early thoughts for next turn but I am tempted to charge the Battlemaster to 1719 to engage the Stone Rhino. However, with minimum range in effect it's medium lasers versus Pulse and that is a losing proposition.

I think moving South would still be best for now, especially since the Southern Donar swarm can bracket the Southern lance and trap the Naginata between the Summoner and them. If the Mauler can start activating the monitors in the north and have at least 1-2 of the Construction Combat Engineer mechs to support him I think that might help balance things out.

This is basically spitballing a first draft on the back of a napkin, so any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

CourValant posted:

Bra-effing-vo. You know now what you must do; get into the boat-pens, pop the secondary, and have all those AC/20s take out that flight of Northern Donars. Imagine it, the sun setting behind you, and sakura petals drifting on the wind. It will be magnificent.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but I think what the Mauler needs to do right now is hide behind that wall. I'm having a little trouble making out which set is which but I'm pretty sure that the top group of Donars is the set carrying missiles, and the Mauler's in no shape to deal with that, especially while sitting at 10 heat. He needs to cool down and he needs some backup.

quote:

I'm noticing that the primary target specifically calls out the reinforcements and not the mechs that were already here. Which is probably for the best, a lot of us are about ready to fall apart. We can't really just ignore them, but we should probably pay more attention to the newcomers.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Nice turn all around!

There are two of each type of Donar in both groups, and unfortunately they're both loaded up with critseekers against a player force that is all holes.
I'd absolutely give priority to the ones packing the ATM-12s, since they're god damned brutal.
I think the Mauler can just turn to face 0808 and cut loose with it's 3 light ACs and remaining LRM15, then move in to the boat pen on the following turn. This will let it cool back to neutral.
The ATM armed Donars in 2603/4 would be a prime target.
It is possible for you can engage them without moving at all, which would help you actually hit, but even then you'll need a 10 between the long range, and your own heat penalty. Still there's absolutely no harm in taking the shot. You have more ammo than you really want right now, given the open left torso.

The only active enemy units from the original group are now the Summoner and Stone Rhino, which probably need to get cleaned up. Luckily, the Summoner did not jump this turn, so it only has a +2 move mod. The Hatamoto-Chi can get to the perfect 4 distance with a run to 0726, putting it out of MG range but in short range for both SRMs and PPCs.

The Hunchback and Jager probably need to start swatting Donars- A hit with the AC20 anywhere will OHKO them, and Isoroku only needs a 4 or 5 to make that shot (It depends on how high the VTOLs are, if they're high enough then the woods might not be in the way?). Overlapping fire with the jager is proooobably probably not so needed.

That sorta leaves the Battlemaster and Sagittaire to get ready to face down the Stone Rhino. It's probably not the best to charge it this turn, since your mechs are sorta in the reverse of where they'd ideally be positioned- The Battlemaster can't get all the way inside min range on the Gauss rifles, while his own PPCs would be inside min range (Unless he foregoes a movement mod). Meanwhile the SGT would be at medium range. So you could do something like moving to 1418 for the SGT while the Battlemaster just moves forward one hex and unleashes on the Donars for the moment.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

dis astranagant posted:

600 tons of ClF3? There ain't gonna be much of an island when this is over.
Yeah, I'm surprised the explosion didn't do more damage, but I guess taking out Hanse like that wouldn't have been a nice thing to do. Chlorine Trifluoride is super explosive, and 600 tons of it going up should've done a lot more than 10 damage, but maybe the silo contained the explosion or something, I dunno.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

How much do you want to bet that the seat of his 'Mech is a particularly brave office chair?
Korean Robert could take them. Never underestimate the power of a minor character that the audience has decided they like.
Yay Bondsman Technician Korean Robert is back! :neckbeard: Those ConstructionMechs look decently armed and armored, so they should help against the remaining Horse mechs and the approaching response (most of a) copter Star. Once they get word that it's Isoroku Kurita spearheading a liberation of Luthien with his Sword of Light (with the little detail of Hanse also being there lending backup with his Davion Guards, amongst other units), Korean Robert and the rest of his makeshift Lance of ConstructionMechs piloted by those former Bondsmen Technicians should be willing to lend their support, at least I hope.

Speaking of which, where's his fellow survivor, Rozinski Ami? Hope she made it as well. Knew we'd eventually have a callback to him when we landed on Luthien, the only question was whether it would be sooner or later, and you didn't disappoint here, PTN.

As for this turn, Gargoyle finally goes down due to leg destruction after Mauler kick, but he got pretty decently beat up doing so. Still, accounting for two mechs (albeit one already damaged) while isolated and left behind is a good showing, and you'd definitely have some damage after that. Too bad Jagermom is so far ahead in the running for MVP this mission, but Mauler deserves some recognition for the job it's been doing these last couple of turns. Donars coming up on the boat pen might make it difficult to do the Monitor Secondary Objective even though the Mauler all but had a free hand now, but those helis are gonna make these next couple of turns annoying. Gonna need to take cover, maybe try to work the objective, and cool down before taking the fight to them the turn after. If the Monitors do deploy (which all depends on where both you and the copters move next turn, I think), maybe they might be able to help you against the Clanner reinforcements, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Speaking of Jagermom, nice plink on the Ha Otoko, another scalp for the most unlikely of mechs. Looks like your dice luck has returned for the last couple of turns at least. Now that enemy mech is weaponless, so it should be booking it now. Gotta focus on those copters and the Stone Rhino now, hope your luck holds. drat thing likes taking potshots at buildings due to lack of better targets and blowing poo poo up. Better make him regret that.

Summoner is still being annoying, but hopefully some long range fire will dissuade him, if you guys don't decide to instead target the approaching Donars at the south first. Dunno who's gonna be more difficult to deal with and the bigger threat, but at least those ConstructionMech reinforcements might be able to help with him sometime soon, if they do decide to link up with you guys in the next couple of turns.

Lastly, looking at the Donar crew leader names, does their (most of a) Star Commander have tiny hands or something like that? You already colored his copter is a tacky shade of gold, after all. Still, having him pilot a Donar is some joke, isn't it? Almost as much as naming the commander of the blue shaded Donar Turquoise as well. Vehicle/Point Commander named Turing and Seven seem like they're kinda referencing something as well or are at least meant to be a joke of some type, or maybe the Clans are just scraping the bottom of the name barrel, since we've had weirdly strange referencing names for Clanner pilots before.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 17, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The problem with not having last names is everyone has to be named something completely insane.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

The problem with not having last names is everyone has to be named something completely insane.

Even though BattleTech is the future of the 1980s you'd think there would be SOMEONE from Kindraa Sainze named Goku. It started before the timelines diverged and Sainze is the weebiest of all bloodhouses.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Great round!

Garg and Sagittaire both lost their Targeting Computers last round, but the dice shut down the Garg's TarComp anyway.

As expected the Primary triggered reinforcements/something positive, but also unexpectedly enemy reinforcements...

At least it's just Donars, but their weapons are well suited for critting our wounded heavies and assaults. The reinforcements should easily outweigh their presence except in terms of casualties among the original forces, hopefully the Donars move onto the reinforcements after their initial salvo. Only the Jager and Hatomoto will stand up well to more damage.
With just two move the Mauler can't get into the yard this round, but you have the spare heat for a shot with your remaining LRM and autocannons. Might be wise not to gain their attention though, as you're teetering on the edge of destruction and they might otherwise go south and leave you to freeing the monitors.

It's amazing no one has even lost a side torso yet!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 19, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised the explosion didn't do more damage, but I guess taking out Hanse like that wouldn't have been a nice thing to do. Chlorine Trifluoride is super explosive, and 600 tons of it going up should've done a lot more than 10 damage, but maybe the silo contained the explosion or something, I dunno.

It's not explosive on its own but there are plenty of things it can make explode. It also tends to make large clouds of hot hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid and other exciting halide species.

poo poo's hypergolic with loving asbestos. And I'm sure the chemist who discovered that fact lived a long and fruitful life :v:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

PoptartsNinja posted:

A mission where they are all Mechwarrior Bob

Lead by Star Captain Steve

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Are the SRMs on Roughneck #3 a variety that only have a range of 3?

Kickass Harpsichord
Dec 3, 2009
I promised :black101:, and I am glad to have delivered!

That being said, @PTN, it looks like my status doesn't reflect the destruction of my arm; my ERLL in that arm is listed as OK.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

It's not explosive on its own but there are plenty of things it can make explode. It also tends to make large clouds of hot hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid and other exciting halide species.

poo poo's hypergolic with loving asbestos. And I'm sure the chemist who discovered that fact lived a long and fruitful life :v:

It's also not explicitly 600 tons (although Black Luthien is probably the place to find random tanks full of tons of Chlorine Trifluoride), but it's "equivalent to 600 tons of [insert generic "volatile chemical explosion." And that's jut a rounding of the weird 546 tons the rulebook says should be in a height 4 storage tank (0.75 rounds up to 1 which means it's always more cost effective to build height 3 storage tanks since they'll contain the same amount as a height 4 tanks :D ). Those 7 hex x 6 height tanks contain 5733 tons of whatever they're filled with and would have a 6 hex blast radius.

Also, Space Jet Fuel is the most dangerous thing to store in a tank. Most stored substances do 10 damage, but AeroSpace Fighter Fuel (Water?) does 20.

For more reading, see TacOps 134-136

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Battletech physics are endlessly mind-boggling. At least shadowrun ones have an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Gotta give the pilot of the HO credit. He just lost both of his arms and side torsos, endured the agony of an ammo explosion, got kicked right in the gyro, and has still somehow remained standing.

My options for this turn are to either duck behind the building out of the Summoner's LoS or continue running SE and assist on the Donars. I am leaning toward the latter. Maybe if I am lucky the Summoner will go after the Hatamoto instead of me.

• Locked thread