Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

OptimusShr posted:

Yeah and it is updating as well, on 0.9.0 now. And you don't need to bur Crysis Wars anymore since it uses the demo version! Join us goons! https://mechlivinglegends.net/

Holy poo poo that's a ton of updates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I thought they'd eaten a C&D from the MWO people?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
No, that was sorta not really a thing and I knew it had restarted a while ago, but I didn't realize that they'd had so many updates since then. Last I had checked it was like 0.7.2.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Holy poo poo Mandozer get over it and stop being that guy in this thread.

Is basically how I felt watching last mission. This one's going pretty smooth, everyone's coordinating pretty solid, and its chill. Sorry there's no forgetting that guy though or that team. Luck salvaged that mission.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 28, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Everyone is welcome to BattleTech with us unless they prove themselves to be a complete shitler.

And even then, if they're willing to embrace the concepts of "just have fun" and "don't go out of your way to antagonize your fellow players even if you don't like them" I won't turn them away.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Everyone is welcome to BattleTech with us unless they prove themselves to be a complete shitler.

And even then, if they're willing to embrace the concepts of "just have fun" and "don't go out of your way to antagonize your fellow players even if you don't like them" I won't turn them away.

Sorry to have violated that last one.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

OptimusShr posted:

Yeah and it is updating as well, on 0.9.0 now. And you don't need to bur Crysis Wars anymore since it uses the demo version! Join us goons! https://mechlivinglegends.net/

I think I'm gonna give this a shot after this semester for sure. Thanks man!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Oh, I'm looking forwards to you nitpicking your teammates' every move. As well as just being a general shitler.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
'sokay. Nerd social fallacies and all, sometimes people deserve to be called out for irritating behavior. But if you call them out for something and they make an effort to stop, it doesn't need to be pursued further.

They rubbed me the wrong way too, initially, but I think they were just eager and not especially familiar with SA's posting culture. The first I can't fault anyone for, and the second takes time. I might be mistaken, but I don't think they were another ShadowDragon. :shrug:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Gwaihir posted:

No, that was sorta not really a thing and I knew it had restarted a while ago, but I didn't realize that they'd had so many updates since then. Last I had checked it was like 0.7.2.

They were at 0.8.6 for a while but the new update and new launcher pushed it to 0.9.0

Also the Cauldron born is awesome.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Could be worse. They could instead be another Herp.

Just kidding, Herp. :D

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I am exceptionally pleased that a MWLL youtuber calls himself AWACS Ghost Eye.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH

Gonna submit orders now, as I have a Halloween party tomorrow night. Posted here for record

MOVEMENT:
Walk forward one hex to Hex 1532 (1mp)
Rotate one hex facing to face Hex 1531 (1mp)
Walk forward two hexes to Hex 1530 (2mp)

SHOOTING:
Contingency #1: Delay firing until after all other friendlies have fired
Indirect fire 3 LRMs at the Wyvern IIC in Hex 1325

OTHER:
Can the ECM suite jam comm frequencies? If yes, do that as well

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

Oh, I'm looking forwards to you nitpicking your teammates' every move. As well as just being a general shitler.

Don't hold your breath bud.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sentinel

Orders in, heading for 2225.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Roughneck DSI
Likely just gonna head up to 1029 this turn, unless someone with a better tactical option is headed there. Mostly looking to get in position for the advance next turn - it's unlikely we won't get spotted by the patroller in the next turn, so being in position to take them down next turn is the best option.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Roughneck "Frosty"

I agree. We're practically guaranteed to have some reinforcements barreling down on us in the next turn or two, so we need to make progress on the objective and soon. I'll be running straight ahead.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Hitman/Mongoose

After thinking it over, I'm not gonna risk the MASC failure on the Mongoose. Gonna put it in 0827 and the Hitman in 1223. I'll TAG with the Hitman and light up the Wyvern with all the lasers I can muster. If we prevent the reinforcements we can push forward into the patrolling mech. If not, we'll be running for the targets anyway.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'd highly suggest 0925 for the Hitman, 1223 is only making your own shots worse while also making it easier for the Wyvern to hit you +putting yourself in range of his machine guns. You don't get a better move mod in 1223.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

Gwaihir posted:

I'd highly suggest 0925 for the Hitman, 1223 is only making your own shots worse while also making it easier for the Wyvern to hit you +putting yourself in range of his machine guns. You don't get a better move mod in 1223.

0925 it is. We'll see how this goes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spider

Planning on jumping to 1424 and sweeping the leg. (And firing the lasers, obviously.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Snake Pit 12

Narinder Rapallino cursed as the Wyvern twisted, nimbly avoiding the Hitman’s bobbing targeting laser. It should’ve been trivial to keep it on target, but once his computer started to broadcast the coordinates for the side of a building Narinder killed the upload. There was no sense wasting anyone’s ammunition with bad targeting data. As if sensing the threat the Hitman represented, the Wyvern’s large laser speared into Narinder’s already damaged right shoulder. His arm sheered away in a puff of metal vapor, and the hungry beam of the enemy’s large laser reduced his side torso armor to molten slag. A flight of missiles peppered the building beside him as the Wyvern hastily turned away.

“He’s transmitting,” Rose warned. Her Mongoose was only a few paces behind, but that may well have been a kilometer as far as their jamming gear was concerned. Narinder cranked his Guardian ECM up to maximum power, trying to flood the local airwaves with static. It was an obvious tell, bound to alert the enemy command post that something was happening, but it beat letting the enemy BattleMech broadcast their exact position.

He felt gratified a moment later when the Wyvern’s broadcast was drowned by static—only for that satisfaction to turn into a lump of ice-cold dread in the pit of his stomach when he noticed the Wyvern’s head-mounted lasercomm was pointed squarely at the Clan observation post at the top of the Sanyu tower.

“poo poo!” he exclaimed, watching the local Tac-net light up like a Coordinator’s Day tree. “We’ve been made!”

Shooting Phase
Roughneck DSI (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Roughneck 3A (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 36!

Bandersnatch (Player)
- Delays turn!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Centurion (Player)
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 30!

Mongoose (Player)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wyvern IIC (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/17 armor, 6/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wyvern IIC (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wyvern IIC (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (8/21 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Hitman (Player)
- Fires TAG at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 accurate = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (1/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/11 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (4/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 20!

Sentinel (Player)
- Holds fire!

Spider (Player)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 4 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 4 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 23!

Charger (Player)
- Unable to indirect fire, no spotted target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Quickdraw (Player)
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 36!

Von Rohrs (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 32!

Bandersnatch (Player, delayed)
- Unable to indirect fire, no spotted target!

Wyvern IIC
- Fires ER Large Laser at Hitman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/5 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (0/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-10 at Hitman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Quickdraw (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Quickdraw (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Quickdraw (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase:
Wyvern IIC
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Spider (Player)
- Kicks Wyvern IIC (4 base + 4 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 6, miss!

Quickdraw (Player)
- Kicks Wyvern IIC (5 base + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/12 armor remaining)!

Wyvern IIC
- Kicks Quickdraw (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (7/16 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Quickdraw (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 kicked = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Wyvern IIC
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Map Link

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
- Enemy units are alert and aware of player positions

Primary Objectives
- Find and Destroy enemy command post (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleMechs (7/15 remaining)

This Turn's Betting Pool Points
Unknown #8 – Firefly
- No correct guesses

Unknown #9 – Thunderbolt IIC
- LegendairyBovine (70t guess)

Leaderboard
- Gun Jam - 12 points
- TheParadigm - 4 points
- Goatface - 4 points
- Raverrn - 3 points
- jng2058 - 3 points
- LegendairyBovine - 2 points
- Scintilla - 1 point
- Farraday - 1 point
- Ardlen - 1 point

Gun Jam is our winner!
Grand Prize is your choice of:
- An MWO Bootleg of your choice from Warhansa, either sent to you directly or cleaned, assembled, painted, and shipped by me. I recommend the Warhammer (the Sledge, not the Warlock. The Warlock is not very good :c ), Atlas, or Black Knight but the choice is yours!
- A steam copy of Brigador: Up-Armored Edition
- Steam copies of Shadowrun: Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong (before November 1st, while they’re on sale :haw: )
- A special option in the next political vote only you get to vote for? I dunno, I'm stretching, I'd take a reasonable suggestion.

TheParadigm and Goatface are our runners-up. They each get to name any as-yet unnamed Clan OmniMech!

And why the hell not, tying for third place are Raverrn and jng2058, who also get to name any as-yet unnamed Clan OmniMech (TheParadigm and Goatface get first choice)!

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 29, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Game time, boys and girls.

Good luck!

Artificer fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 29, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Well gently caress. We need to get to the objectives right-goddamn-now, and preferably degrade any capability we can on the way there. I'm going to go run up and punch the Firefly, which moved only six hexes for a +2. Guns should hit on 4 (Gunnery) + 2 (Run) + 2 (TMM) = 8. Fists should hit on 4 (Piloting) + 2 (Run) + 2 (TMM) -1 (Battlefists) = 7 each. A kick would hit on 6, but unless we get lucky and manage to shave at least 9 points off of a leg there's no chance of taking it off.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnKeN9zIkoE

Spider

So I'm thinking I should head straight up the middle this turn to 1415 so that I can potentially scout out the central and right-side objectives on the next turn. No point in me trying to chase the Wyvern, I see no reason for me to attempt engaging the Firefly when the left flank has enough people to deal with it, and I'm not nearly desperate enough yet to go after the Thunderbolt.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only question from this update is: What does a Coordinator's Day Tree look like? A fir tree with a dragon on top?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Centurion

Probably taking 0828 or 0728 and blasting the firefly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hooo boy that is a star of mean looking mechs on the south end of the map.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hooo boy that is a star of mean looking mechs on the south end of the map.

Black python, and thunder LRMs? Niiiiice.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Well, it's a damned good thing y'all pressed north before this happened.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yikes. Those are some of the nastier clan heavies, good luck.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
And that Mangonel is debuting about 50 years early by my count. In hindsight it does seem kind of weird that the Clans didn't have a heavy cavalry dual-gauss monstrosity for so long outside of the Vulture's B(?) config.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Quick and dirty overall plan for next turn:

- Suggest Roughnecks and Centurion to push northwest and engage the Firefly.

- Bandersnatch and Von Rohrs can fire on the Wyvern while moving north. Charger can support them or head north to prepare to face the T-bolt (but not engage it until next turn).

- Hitman, Mongoose, Spider, Sentinel and Quickdraw can all cross the road and be out of the T-bolt's LOS on either the 14xx or 18xx corridors. Racing for the objectives is probably our best option now.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

So I'm thinking I should head straight up the middle this turn to 1415 so that I can potentially scout out the central and right-side objectives on the next turn. No point in me trying to chase the Wyvern, I see no reason for me to attempt engaging the Firefly when the left flank has enough people to deal with it, and I'm not nearly desperate enough yet to go after the Thunderbolt.

Sounds good, as long as either the Hitman or Mongoose takes someplace far enough along the 5xx-line to get eyes on the left-side objective.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 30, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only question from this update is: What does a Coordinator's Day Tree look like? A fir tree with a dragon on top?

100% a Christmas Tree.

In the Draconis Combine's state-proscribed version of Shinto, Santa Claus is a Kami

And just FYI, even I don't know where the objective is. 33% chance (5+ on 1d6) on the first one you uncover, 50% chance (4+ on 1d6) on the 2nd, and then it's guaranteed.

I figured that was safer than subconsciously stacking all the heaviest `Mechs on one side of the board. It let me consciously stack the heaviest 'Mechs on that side of the board instead. :haw:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That's a nasty as fuuuck heavy lance!

You all should have enough time to win thanks to your scouts being close enough to check two of the HQ locations quickly- The Mongoose can get LoS on the western spot, while the spider can almost get to the middle on this turn. If it's not the first location, then the spider can get sight on both locations next turn in plenty of time for your heavies to roll up and take it out.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH

So should I run past the Wyvern to 1626 to turn and shoot/kick, or pull up short in 1528 to do the same? I plan on shotgunning/lasering him, along with a sure-footed kick, but I don't know if the sudden need for speed outweighs the worse to-hit numbers. And it's not like the 'snatch is built for speed, anyway

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, what's not been named?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

mercenarynuker posted:

BANDERSNATCH

So should I run past the Wyvern to 1626 to turn and shoot/kick, or pull up short in 1528 to do the same? I plan on shotgunning/lasering him, along with a sure-footed kick, but I don't know if the sudden need for speed outweighs the worse to-hit numbers. And it's not like the 'snatch is built for speed, anyway

I like 1527 better than either of those. You can reach it at a walk, kick, and get a +1 move mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

p much. get some goonlance

• Locked thread