Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I gotta say I enjoy Stackpole's Star Wars work way more than his Battletech work, but the Warrior Trilogy is also what got me into the BT novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Skoll posted:

I think it's more an 80sism to show how distinct and different each culture is out there. I actually like it, honestly.

It's the same way that Chris Claremont learns a couple broad facts about a place and a few words in their native language* and then writes a character from that group, so you get an ethnic Superfriends character. People speaking English as a second language do so fluently except for a couple of words that are really easy to translate. That kinda thing.

*Except Storm, as he did not bother to learn what language people speak in Egypt.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I had to google Chris Claremont. I've never been big into X-Men cept for the '92 cartoon.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I think it makes sense in-Universe. This is after a diaspora from Earth, right, after the races of man have scattered across the stars. There were generations when planets were isolated from one another, and the only way messages got sent back and forth were via spaceships. A lot of cultural norms were "rediscovered" by ruling families, and then imposed upon people to give them a common cause. The Draconis Combine is particularly egregious about this... and you can see the conflicts when it comes up against the Arkabs. The Arkabs agreed to follow the Dictum Honorium (that's the official Draconis Combine code of conduct), so long as no-one checks how deeply they actually follow it... and they agree not to be so damned "Muslim" on other planets where other people can see them, for-Buddha's-sake-show-some-dignity-not-in-public-don't-make-me-sic-the-ISF-on-you.

Ninjo and giri are pounded into the heads of the characters we meet in the books, considering all of them have graduated from fairly prestigious military academies. And y'know, these codes of conduct allow them to maintain the status quo in their own feudal and fascist societies, so they're going to emphasize it as much as possible.

"Hey, I have to choose between compassion and duty as well, you don't see me complaining, do you? Now go back to your hovel, and show up bright and early to plough the fields. Or I'll have to set the ISF on you. Not because I want you, but because it's my duty."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Skoll posted:

I had to google Chris Claremont. I've never been big into X-Men cept for the '92 cartoon.

Mon ami, it not you. It Gambit.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Mon ami, it not you. It Gambit.

I like Solitaire ok... that is, unless I got someone to play with.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Skoll posted:

I gotta say I enjoy Stackpole's Star Wars work way more than his Battletech work, but the Warrior Trilogy is also what got me into the BT novels.

Same, though it was Blood of Kerensky, and I didn't start reading it until I found it at my cousin's house after this thread had started way back when.

On the other hand, the X-Wing books were some of the first I plowed through when I saw them on a shelf in the local library during middle school and got me into the greater Star Wars EU that I eventually sunk so much time into over the years. Back then, I thought Stackpole was the poo poo, until I started reading others like Zahn and eventually Allston, who had a lot more fun on his X-Wing books than Stackpole had. Starfighters of Adumar is still one of my favorite Star Wars books. However, I never really got over my poor taste in liking stuff by KJ Anderson, even though he was responsible for the abortion that was Darksaber, I still like the Jedi Acdemy trilogy for whatever reason. Still, at least I was able to see The Crystal Star and that other one shot SW novel that everyone hates for the garbage those were right off the bat.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 7, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My first BattleTech novel was Malicious Intent.

Also by Stackpole.

It was not a good jumping-on point, I'm honestly surprised I stuck with the series.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Orders in to 1320. Hopefully this doesn't get me killed, but that patch of woods is such a cluster of targeting modifiers I think I should be safe-ish, if not particularly effective this round.

Team, are we no longer using the google-doc to check our destination hexes?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LeschNyhan posted:

Orders in to 1320. Hopefully this doesn't get me killed, but that patch of woods is such a cluster of targeting modifiers I think I should be safe-ish, if not particularly effective this round.

I was just about to ask the same question.

I decided that I am going to walk to 1219 to try to kick the Firemoth. Will fire the Plasma Rifles at the Ironholds that we have been beating up, the LPLs at the Lobo, and as mentioned, kick the Firemoth. Wish me luck!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

painedforever posted:

I think it makes sense in-Universe. This is after a diaspora from Earth, right, after the races of man have scattered across the stars. There were generations when planets were isolated from one another, and the only way messages got sent back and forth were via spaceships. A lot of cultural norms were "rediscovered" by ruling families, and then imposed upon people to give them a common cause.

This is really only true for the Draconis Combine, because the Combine was founded by Shiro Kurita at gunpoint, and he forced everyone to join his samurai LARP. In other societies it's not really like that, and you have more of a intermingling of cultures and languages based on region. That's generally how it's depicted in the original House books and other culture-based sourcebooks, but Stackpole doesn't know how to convey cultures other than his own (which is why the FedSuns is just Space America in his books) except with some lazy stereotyping and people slipping back into their own language for simple words. Even Britain and France are too exotic for this motherfucker.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was just about to ask the same question.

I decided that I am going to walk to 1219 to try to kick the Firemoth. Will fire the Plasma Rifles at the Ironholds that we have been beating up, the LPLs at the Lobo, and as mentioned, kick the Firemoth. Wish me luck!

Cool, we burning forest buddies this turn. Bear in mind if we can't kill all/most of the Elementals we will have to back out next turn and hopefully we can get some infernos from a Nyx into play to make the place real uncomfortable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LeschNyhan posted:

Cool, we burning forest buddies this turn. Bear in mind if we can't kill all/most of the Elementals we will have to back out next turn and hopefully we can get some infernos from a Nyx into play to make the place real uncomfortable.
That is exactly what I was thinking :hfive:

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Hell, I almost forgot! I hadn't even filled out the sheet! Oh, what a muggins I am.

Defiance Industries posted:

This is really only true for the Draconis Combine, because the Combine was founded by Shiro Kurita at gunpoint, and he forced everyone to join his samurai LARP.

Xin Sheng to an extent in the Capellan Confederation. Though they did seem to give the Liaos more of a "yellow peril" vibe to it.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

LeschNyhan posted:

If I'm not moving, I don't think I'll get in anyone's way.

(also, I forgot to fill it in)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just filled my part in because I just decided what to do. I think PTN is going to kill me for complicated orders, though :v:

Firing at Ironholds if they are still valid (LoS or dead); if not fire at the elementals on the Firemoth
Fire the LPLs at the Lobo regardless of the above, as a secondary target assuming the Plasmas fire
Kick the Firemoth because I WANT TO BELIEVE

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

I think you're good, AAAA. If he murders anyone, it's me first:

If the Elementals riding the Fire Moth disembark in 1319, fire everything at the Elementals.
If the Elementals do not disembark from the Fire Moth, and I have LoS to Ironholds, fire both plasma rifles and both AP gauss at the Ironholds.
If the Elementals do not disembark from the Fire Moth, and I do not have LoS to the Ironholds or they are in my hex, fire both plasma rifles at the Lobo, unless this is impossible.
If I can't do any of the above, fire both plasma rifles at the Fire Moth.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I just filled my part in because I just decided what to do. I think PTN is going to kill me for complicated orders, though :v:

Firing at Ironholds if they are still valid (LoS or dead); if not fire at the elementals on the Firemoth
Fire the LPLs at the Lobo regardless of the above, as a secondary target assuming the Plasmas fire
Kick the Firemoth because I WANT TO BELIEVE

A clause with "regardless of the above" will never trigger with PTN. You need to put the LPLs first in the fire declaration for that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Anything you want to have happen no matter what should be first, yeah, otherwise I'm prone to missing it. Even with only nine people playing I've got a lot of contingencies to sift through.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Strobe posted:

A clause with "regardless of the above" will never trigger with PTN. You need to put the LPLs first in the fire declaration for that.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Anything you want to have happen no matter what should be first, yeah, otherwise I'm prone to missing it. Even with only nine people playing I've got a lot of contingencies to sift through.

I'll check if I can edit my PM, then. Thank you both!

Also I just realized that my kick only does 7 damage, doesn't it? :cripes:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I'll check if I can edit my PM, then. Thank you both!

Also I just realized that my kick only does 7 damage, doesn't it? :cripes:

Just send me a correction in a new PM, I'll use the new one instead of the old. No big.

I really should add a "sample contingency" to the pilot primer. I'm looking for highest priority to least priority.

[thing that must happen]
[thing that you want to happen but think might not happen]
[other things you think won't happen but want to have a back-up for just in case]

I do try to read every contingency but my memory is absolute garbage and I guarantee I will forget something in the time it takes me to read your orders, check line-of-sight, diagram line-of-sight if necessary, count range, check your range brackets, count range again because I've forgotten, double-check your range brackets, double-check your orders to try to make sure I'm not missing something (I am), and then start writing down and calculating to-hits.

A lot of this will be somewhat rectified once I finally join the year 2005 and buy myself a second monitor, but that day is still a month or so away.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Single Monitor Represent :woop:

I don't even have desk space for another monitor :negative:

Also chiming in to say that Stackpole's Star Wars books are probably better than his Battletech ones, if only because his writing schtick worked well for them and one of said books included a solid third of it riffing on Kevin Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy which I found to be some of his (Anderson's) weakest stuff.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 7, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Stackpole bagging on another writer is like watching a five-year-old beat up a three-year-old.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stackpole bagging on another writer is like watching a five-year-old beat up a three-year-old.

Kevin J. Anderson's books are really, really, REALLY bad.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Skoll posted:

Kevin J. Anderson's books are really, really, REALLY bad.

As I said above, I must have terrible taste, because I actually liked Jedi Academy. Other Anderson stuff is terrible though, like Darksaber. Though Stackpole beating up on Anderson in I, Jedi was pretty good. I never had a problem with Corran Horn save for the fact that he took spotlight away from Wedge and Tycho.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just send me a correction in a new PM, I'll use the new one instead of the old. No big.

I really should add a "sample contingency" to the pilot primer. I'm looking for highest priority to least priority.

[thing that must happen]
[other things you think won't happen but want to have a back-up for just in case]

I do try to read every contingency but my memory is absolute garbage and I guarantee I will forget something in the time it takes me to read your orders, check line-of-sight, diagram line-of-sight if necessary, count range, check your range brackets, count range again because I've forgotten, double-check your range brackets, double-check your orders to try to make sure I'm not missing something (I am), and then start writing down and calculating to-hits.

A lot of this will be somewhat rectified once I finally join the year 2005 and buy myself a second monitor, but that day is still a month or so away.

PTN is way too cool to mention it, but:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

GhostStalker posted:

As I said above, I must have terrible taste, because I actually liked Jedi Academy. Other Anderson stuff is terrible though, like Darksaber. Though Stackpole beating up on Anderson in I, Jedi was pretty good. I never had a problem with Corran Horn save for the fact that he took spotlight away from Wedge and Tycho.

Basically every character in his books is defined by their relationship to Corran, so it's hard to give a poo poo. Within the first few chapters, Rogue Squadron the organization has already become about Corran. There's Corran's wingman, Corran's rival, Corran's eager young sidekick, Corran's slampiece, Corran's other slampiece and Corran's two bosses.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basically every character in his books is defined by their relationship to Corran, so it's hard to give a poo poo. Within the first few chapters, Rogue Squadron the organization has already become about Corran. There's Corran's wingman, Corran's rival, Corran's eager young sidekick, Corran's slampiece, Corran's other slampiece and Corran's two bosses.

I thought the first chapter of Rogue Squadron made it perfectly clear that Horn was the main character. :shrug:

He is a bit of a Mary Sue though, not gonna argue that. I do think I, Jedi is Stackpole's best SW novel.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Skoll posted:

I thought the first chapter of Rogue Squadron made it perfectly clear that Horn was the main character. :shrug:

Luke Skywalker is the main character of Star Wars, but the rest of the cast isn't just "Luke's friend," or "Luke's sister," they have their own stuff going on beyond talking to each other about how Luke is the best. Giving his other characters more to do than remind each other that the main character is extremely great is one of the many, many things Stackpole is bad at.

This comes back to Ranna: she serves a plot function of delivering exposition to Phelan, and once that purpose is expended she is given nothing to do but tell people that Phelan is great at fighting and also getting banged by him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

[thing that must happen]

Gotcha, I sent a new PM "Dragoon - Turn 5 - REVISED". Thank you for the clarification. I remembered a couple of other do's and don'ts from earlier in the thread but i missed the "DO THIS NO MATTER WHAT"bit. I will remember that for the future.

I sent in:

quote:

Movement:
Using Walking speed, I turn my Dragoon one hex-side right face hex 1120, then walk forward two hexes to 1219.

Gun Violence:
This Must happen: Both Large Pulse Lasers will fire at the Lobo in hex 1418. The Lobo will be the Secondary Target if any elementals/battle armor end up the Primary Target based on the contingencies below
Thing I would like to happen: If the Ironholds currently in hex 1419 are still in LoS, they are the Primary Target with both Plasma Rifles
Backup thing that I would like to happenIf the Ironholds currently in hex 1419 are NOT in LoS, then instead the Primary Target with one Plasma Rifle is the elemental/battle armor riding the Firemoth in hex 1319 IF it is not impossible to hit them
Backup Backup contingency: If no Plasma Rifles are fired at any elementals/battle armor, fire one Plasma Rifle also at the Lobo

Physical Violence:
Kick the Firemoth
I now realize the "backup backup contingency" should have been included in the "this must happen"....I will remember that for next time.

I forget, does my 75 tons round up to 8 damage with a kick or down to 7? I thought I remembered it rounding up so I hope I'm not wrong. If I land with an 8 damage kick, the Firemoth dies :xd:

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

Gotcha, I sent a new PM "Dragoon - Turn 5 - REVISED". Thank you for the clarification. I remembered a couple of other do's and don'ts from earlier in the thread but i missed the "DO THIS NO MATTER WHAT"bit. I will remember that for the future.

I sent in:

I now realize the "backup backup contingency" should have been included in the "this must happen"....I will remember that for next time.

I forget, does my 75 tons round up to 8 damage with a kick or down to 7? I thought I remembered it rounding up so I hope I'm not wrong. If I land with an 8 damage kick, the Firemoth dies :xd:

It's tonnage /5 for kicks, tonnage /10 for punches. You kick for 15, punch for 7.

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007

I think kicks actually deal 1 damage/5 tons (it's punches that are 1 per 10), so your 75-tonner kicks for 15.

Edit: Yeah, what Remmon said. ^

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh awesome that means I'll overkill the Firemoth, if I hit. Also I hope its ML dont gently caress me up this early in the fight :ohdear:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Should a bipedal assault be able to kick a quad light in the face?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

sebmojo posted:

PTN is way too cool to mention it

No, I really wasn't trying to fish for donations with that, so please nobody feel guilty. I've got a budget and I'm setting money aside, I'm just waiting on either a sale that puts something in my "no guilt disposable income" range or to hit the point I'm saving for.

I could afford a second monitor right now, but I'd be tapping into the "pay for car, food, and rent for at least three months if my job were to suddenly vanish" emergency fund and I don't like doing that without a good reason.

That does remind me, I need to update the Dragoon II's 'Mech file with the D configuration and release the Roughneck and its sprites while I'm at it.

No, that order was fine. Basically I want you to rank things in the order you want to see them happen, from highest to lowest.

So:

Do [1st choice] unless [condition(s)]
If I can't do [1st choice] do [2nd choice] unless [condition(s)]
If I can't do [2nd choice] do [last resort]

Remmon posted:

It's tonnage /5 for kicks, tonnage /10 for punches. You kick for 15, punch for 7.

The Dragoon lacks hands and punch actuators so its punch damage is (((tonnage/10)*0.5)*0.5).

7*0.25 = 2 Do not punch if you don't have arm actuators or hands (or the barrel fist quirk)

goatface posted:

Should a bipedal assault be able to kick a quad light in the face?

Nope, quads are still height 2 unless they go hull down.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 7, 2018

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

sebmojo posted:

PTN is way too cool to mention it, but:

Oh yeah, I actually used to be subscribed, but then that payment poo poo with Patreon went down and I culled some of small pledges.

BRB, resubscribing.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I sent a message to the person who just backed at the mercenary company level.

Defiance Industries, you just tried to move your Nyx through an enemy 'Mech. I'll give you a little time to send a revised order 'cause otherwise you're sitting at a 0 move mod in your starting hex. :saddowns:

Thank you, DI!

Edit: I have never used ASRM-5s before.

Holy poo poo.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 7, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Aeaea 6

Varsha’s lips curled into a vicious grin as her infernos burst over a team of enemy battle armor. The big, slow suits ran with a groundspeed most battle armor couldn’t match, but they were still easy pickings out in the open. Her infernos showered them with clinging incendiaries certain to find gaps in armor plating and melt clean through the flexible ballistic cloths common as joint protectors. She counted at least eight direct hits--that pack was as good as dead. She lingered a moment, peering into the flames in an attempt to confirm her kill before looping around to hopefully take one of the enemy Assault lance from behind.

A wave of SRMs worthy of a venerable SRM Carrier erupted from the cloud of flame and smoke and smashed into her ‘Mech, nearly knocking her from her feet. The DI computer howled warnings in her ear as she lost a third of her armor in the span of a few heartbeats. A few stray missiles peppered the landscape behind her and hammered home a simple truth: that could’ve gone even worse.

A moment later, her suspicions were confirmed as the infernos exhausted the scrub grasses and other easy fuel sources. Blackened by the flames, the quintet of enemy battle armor was otherwise completely unharmed.

“Varsha to central,” She transmitted, hoping to get a warning out to all the Wolverines on the planet. “Have encountered enemy battle armor that is immune to infernos. Repeat: the Clans have battle armor that is immune to fire!”

Movement Phase
Nyx #1 (Player)
- Unable to reach hex 1311:
- - Insufficient MP (needs 16, has 15)
- - Enemy ‘Mech in hex 1319 blocks movement
- - Allied ‘Mech in hex 1320 prevents an early stop
- - Movement ends early in hex 1420!

Elemental Battle Armor #1
- Disembark in hex 0916!

Elemental Battle Armor #2
- Disembark in hex 1319!

Shooting Phase
Dragoon II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1320
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Ironhold (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 7, deals 16 damage to Trooper 2 (0/16 armor, 0/1 trooper remaining (Trooper killed!)), Trooper 5 (4/16 armor remaining), Trooper 4 (0/16 armor, 0/1 trooper remaining), Trooper 5 (3/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Ironhold (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Lobo (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods + 1 smoke + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Lobo (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods + 1 smoke + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (5/15 armor remaining)!
- Gains a reduced (42-3=)39 heat, sinks 36! Overheating!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Trooper 5 (8/10 armor remaining), Trooper 3 (8/10 armor remaining), Trooper 1 (8/10 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (8/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Coyote (Player)
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, 20 missiles hit Right Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Center Torso (4/9 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/8 armor, 3/5 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Black Watch (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 22!

Rampage II (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear Left Leg (0/8 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (1/9 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Snow Fox (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Front Left Leg (0/8 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/9 armor, 4/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium R-e Laser at Snow Fox (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 22!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1111!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Dingo (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (2/12 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dingo (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/12 armor, 6/9 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dingo (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires SRM-6 (Acid) at Dingo (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (4/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (15/18 armor remaining), Head (1/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Left Leg (15/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Acid) at Dingo (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Gurkha #2 (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Elemental #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 11, hit Trooper 5 (0/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Golem (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Golem (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 7, hit Trooper 2 (13/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Inferno) at Golem (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit! Fire-Resistant Armor blocks all damage!
- Fires SRM-6 (Inferno) at Golem (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 6, 4 missiles hit! Fire-Resistant Armor blocks all damage!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Ironhold (Ace)
- Attacks Wolverine II with AP Gauss Rifles (3 base + 0 range + 2 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Attacks Nyx #1 with AP Gauss Rifles (3 base + 0 range + 2 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!

Golem (Ace)
- Fires ASRM-5 at Nyx #2 (3 base + 0 range + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, 16 missiles hit Right Torso (8/10 armor remaining), Left Torso (8/10 armor remaining), Left Arm (6/8 armor remaining), Right Arm (6/8 armor remaining), Left Leg (8/10 armor remaining), Right Torso (6/10 armor remaining), Left Arm (4/8 armor remaining), Left Torso (6/10 armor remaining), Left Torso (4/10 armor remaining), Left Arm (2/8 armor remaining), Center Torso (13/15 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/10 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/15 armor remaining), Left Leg (6/10 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/10 armor remaining), Center Torso (9/15 armor remaining (TAC!))!

Dire Wolf
- Fires ER PPC at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 38 heat, sinks 40!

Savage Wolf Prime
- Holds fire!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Wolf C
- Fires ER Large Laser at Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Coyote
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 34!

Rabid Coyote
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Dingo
- Fires LRM/20 at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM/20 at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, 12 missiles hit Left Arm (3/8 armor remaining), Center Torso (7/15 armor remaining), Left Torso (8/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Micro Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Micro Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER Micro Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Micro Laser at Nyx #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Lobo
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 light woods + 2 smoke + 1 heavy laser = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Heavy Small Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 light woods + 2 smoke + 1 heavy laser = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ATM-6 (HE) at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 10): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Left Leg (26/29 armor remaining), Right Torso (21/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ATM-6 (HE) at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Fire Moth
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (15/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 12, hit Center Torso (29/36 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (19/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (17/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Snow Fox
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (13/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (23/28 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (27/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 10!

End Phase:
Dingo
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 5, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Left Upper Arm Actuator hit!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 4, 0 critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 3, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Coyote (Player)
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 4, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Dragoon II (Player)
- Kicks Fire Moth (4 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke - 2 kick = 10): rolled 8, miss!

End Phase:
Dragoon II (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 missed kick = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Fire Moth
- Activates MASC: Must pass a 5+ MASC check: rolled 9, succeeds!

Map Link

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Aces Some enemy ‘Mech units may become aces if certain conditions are met
BattleArmor Aces All battle armor units are aces

Primary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleMechs (2/10)

Secondary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleArmor (0/5)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

In true tabletop RPG fashion, you get the weapon that would be perfect for killing the last guys you fought just after they've adapted to become immune to it. New sword? We're fighting skeletons and ghosts now! :ghost:

Guess we'll have to beat them the old fashioned way. To death. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

gently caress, I knew the Firemoth would gently caress me up AND my kick missed :(

• Locked thread