Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

True, I was thinking in terms of weapons because, y'know, Steiner so we use quads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
And I was thinking in terms of Elementals, which got their in-universe reputation by being loving terrifying if they manage to Swarm.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Just confirming my orders for 0920 are submitted, with contingencies to protect any friendlies in the swarm zone (especially the Dragoon II) and otherwise to try to pick off any Elementals in the open.

Also: AAAA you can also add a stomp physical for any battle armor in your hex that fail to swarm you - you might be aware already but I didn't see it on the google doc. Just in case, since you have no non-swarm zone movement option.

LeschNyhan fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 9, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hey PTN, can I get an extra day? I'm headed out of town right now and won't be back till Sunday.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Hey PTN, can I get an extra day? I'm headed out of town right now and won't be back till Sunday.

I can't update Mondays, so we'll delay until Wednesday. Enjoy your out-of-towning and try not to get snowed in! :shobon:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No worries, Washington state is having its warmest February in record.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Oh thank goodness! I mean, dear God, the suspense, just as I was about to lay the smacketh down and all that, but thank goodness all the same, because I just realized that I needed to ask PTN a couple of things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think I will be backing up to 1020 and unloading two Plasmas and an LPL at the Elementals in 1319, with conditionality to deal with if they end up out of LoS. I have added my move orders to the google doc. I added a bunch of links to this turn because I got tired of having to find PTN's post to get record sheets or whatever.

Since we have some extra time I will debate my shooting options and phrasing of the orders a while yet.

As an "In General" type of question, do you guys think I should focus fire on Elementals/Battle Armor, or should I try to get an LPL onto a Battlemech as a secondary target?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah I'm torn on whether I should be trying to degrade/destroy elementals or focus on the mechs. I'm leaning towards Mechs just because, hey, that's our primary objective and all. But I'd rather not have to dance around the elementals denying us the best bits of the map.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Killing Elementals opens up maneuver lanes much faster than killing enemy 'Mechs, especially while they're Aces.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Strobe posted:

Killing Elementals opens up maneuver lanes much faster than killing enemy 'Mechs, especially while they're Aces.

Yeah this has been my approach. I’ve run a few scenarios like PTN with friends who are not bt nerds and winning initiative with no aces like we get to is so strong for even beginners. Killing aces quickly is really good for our team.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

This next turn we're pulling back, consolidating. We want to clear our lanes of fire. The Elementals are also part of our objective, so let's take them out. Paragon, you take out the ones at 0916. Manny, you get the ones on 1220. It's a depleted point of Ironholds, so you should be able to clear them on our own.

Let's get chktshadeclaw to drop ordinance to help out Paragon, seeing as they still have four active Elementals, and they still have their SRMs. Also, I think chktshadeclaw has a clear line of fire... unless they move.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

painedforever posted:

This next turn we're pulling back, consolidating. We want to clear our lanes of fire. The Elementals are also part of our objective, so let's take them out. Paragon, you take out the ones at 0916. Manny, you get the ones on 1220. It's a depleted point of Ironholds, so you should be able to clear them on our own.

Let's get chktshadeclaw to drop ordinance to help out Paragon, seeing as they still have four active Elementals, and they still have their SRMs. Also, I think chktshadeclaw has a clear line of fire... unless they move.

Sounds like a plan. I'll change my firing orders to drop a couple salvos on 0916. Any recommendations on an alternate target if they move?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I just realized that my planned move potentially puts my back in the Fire Moth's side firing arcs. How worried should I be?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

You'll be in good company. Manny and I are there too, contemptuously showing our bottom at the Fire Moth. We do have a friendly Gurkha looking to gut a Clanner.

I swear, that unit icon always makes me think of the Gurkhas as invincible 'Mech gutting machines.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I don't exactly have good shots on it, but with luck I won't need much damage.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just a reminder that orders are due tonight!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Orders are in. Really hope painedforever moved from his current spot or I might be in trouble! :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My orders are also in. My contingencies are fun we need to kill these damned elementals.

AAAAA! Real Muenster said to PTN posted:

First choice: Fire one LPL and two Plasma Rifles at the elementals currently in hex 1319 unless they move out of sight or are impossible to hit.
Second choice: If the elementals currently in hex 1319 are unavailable, instead fire one LPL and two Plasma Rifles at the elementals currently in hex 1218 unless they move out of sight or are impossible to hit.
Third choice: If the elementals currently in hex 1319 and hex 1218 are unavailable, instead fire one LPL and two Plasma Rifles at the elementals currently in hex 0916 unless they move out of sight or are impossible to hit.
Fourth choice: If the elementals currently in hex 1319, hex 1218, and hex 0916 are unavailable, instead fire two LPLs and one Plasma Rifle at the Dingo Prime currently in hex 1218.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

paragon1 posted:

Orders are in. Really hope painedforever moved from his current spot or I might be in trouble! :v:

I'm trundling, I'm trundling. Turbo-revving young punk...

Props to Sair, best order summary EVAR!

painedforever fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 14, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
:siren: please tell me if you're activating MASC! :siren:

I'm going to let this go once, but I need it to be explicit since MASC has a failure chance.

Edit: I do have to add, that was very, very well positioned. This turn is going to be fun.

Defiance Industries is running a light 'Mech master class this turn.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 14, 2018

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Oh man! I can't wait!

Defiance throwing down, old school...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

You mean to tell me that he wasn't already running a clinic?!?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ok, now.

Shooting a Dire Wolf in the head from the back is just showing off.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How!?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Agh! You're killing me PTN, just absolutely killing me.

... while we're killing Clanners, apparently. Cup of tea, Manny? Always fabulous to watch the colonials struggling with their 'Mechs, eh wot?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The same way the Nergal did it on Andurien. CHAOS DUNK.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

painedforever posted:

Agh! You're killing me PTN, just absolutely killing me.

... while we're killing Clanners, apparently. Cup of tea, Manny? Always fabulous to watch the colonials struggling with their 'Mechs, eh wot?
Hrmmm yes, pip pip cheerio, some Earl Grey does sound quite dandy right now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

:siren: please tell me if you're activating MASC! :siren:

I'm going to let this go once, but I need it to be explicit since MASC has a failure chance.

Edit: I do have to add, that was very, very well positioned. This turn is going to be fun.

Sorry about that, I will keep it in mind in the future. But... yeah, 2nd Donegal Guard, this is what we do.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If the Dire Wolf took a hit to the head and lives, we need to get our LRM boats to start unloading on it...

edit: also, I'm sitting all :f5:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 14, 2018

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

I should have been asleep three hours ago. But drat it, if the suspense isn't killing me!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Aeaea 7

“New contact, bearing—poo poo,” Varsha cursed. “Disregard, disregard!”

Captain Réka twisted as she drove into the rear of the enemy assault formation. They either hadn’t noticed her, or they’d disregarded the threat she and Dieudonné posed to their larger machines. Assault ‘Mech pilots tended to be so myopic, fixating on other big ‘Mechs to the exclusion of all others. According to one of the Wolverine assault jocks she’d run simulator battles with and against, they had so much firepower it was “practically unfair” to leverage it against a light ‘Mech. In her experience, that sentiment lingered right up until the first time a light ‘Mech managed to wriggle in behind an assault’s big, slow rear end.

A pair of pulse lasers flickered a few meters behind her. At least one of the Coyotes had recognized the danger—the medium ‘Mech, of course. Medium ‘Mechs had to pay nearly as much attention to their surroundings as lights did. She raised a couple of fingers in a quick salute even as the angular Clan machine started to come around to face her. It was already far too late.

“Say again,” Captain Brannigan’s unsettling monotone sent an involuntary shiver down Réka’s spine. Rim World Regulars were always a bit odd, but the chemically-enhanced combat coordinators were something else altogether. She was momentarily grateful that most of the so-called Legion had been left behind. Legionnaires may be the “future” of combat for the manpower-starved Republic, but every one she’d ever spoken had been even worse. Brannigan at least had some personality off the battlefield.

“My sensors picked up a heavy metal deposit and some movement,” Varsha explained. “No contacts, the enemy is not being reinforced. Apologies for the false report.”

“Understood,” Brannigan wasn’t even angry, it was clear she’d already completely disregarded Varsha’s contact report. That was another advantage she had over the Legion, Stefan Amaris VII’s champion trusted the Wolverines in a way Amaris himself did not. For all his brilliance, Stefan Amaris VII was no Mechwarrior. Either BattleMechs frightened him, or the Wolverines’ independence did. His champion served, among other things, as a buffer to keep tensions as low as possible. If Brannigan’s presence was a sign of the Republic’s continued trust, the inclusion of the Legion Battalion was a symptom of the Stefan Amaris VII’s paranoia.

She put that out of her mind along, but she couldn’t dismiss Varsha’s hasty report so easily. Circe wasn’t as mineral starved as some other Clan worlds were said to be, it was possible her Nyx had simply detected a surface deposit and some wind-blown leaves. Still, the hairs on the back of Réka’s neck stood on end. If they did get flanked by a second enemy force, the battle would be over in a matter of seconds. She couldn’t come up with any reason the Clans wouldn’t have already mined minerals easily detected by BattleMech sensors. Especially so close to one of their own facilities.

“Varsha,” she barked as she dropped her crosshairs on the Varangian’s broad, square back. “If you can spare a moment, take a closer look with your Mark I Eyeballs. Worst case, they’ve got more battle armor or ‘Mechs than we expected. Best case, it may be some friendly “bandit caste” rebels we can make contact with.”

“Good thought,” Brannigan’s voice was empty even when she gave praise. “Don’t take too long. The Clans are giving us a pounding.”

“Right,” Réka agreed as she jammed her thumb down on the Gurkha’s firing stud. “Let’s pound them back.”

Movement Phase
Coyote (Player)
- Unable to face hex 0919: insufficient MP (needs 9, has 8)! Turn ends facing hex 0920!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Activates MASC!

Fire Elemental Battle Armor
- Disembark in hex 1218!

Rampge II
- Activates Blue Shield PFD!
- Sets Gauss AMS to Selfless Mode!

Shooting Phase
Dragoon II (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target: target occupying same hex!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Fire Elementals (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Fire Elementals (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 8): rolled 10, Fire-Resistant Armor blocks all damage
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Fire Elementals (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 light woods + 2 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Trooper 2 (0/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains a reduced (42-3=)28 heat, sinks 36!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1019!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 9, 3 missiles hit Trooper 4 (8/10 armor remaining), Trooper 3 (6/10 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (6/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 9): rolled 11, hit 7 Trooper 3 (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 24!

Coyote (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0919!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 8): rolled 11, 12 missiles hit Trooper 2 (5/10 armor remaining), Trooper 2 (0/10 armor remaining), Trooper 3 (8/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 8): rolled 8, 12 missiles hit Trooper 5 (0/1 trooper remaining (Trooper killed!)), Trooper 3 (3/10 armor remaining), Trooper 4 (8/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Black Watch (Player)
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 6, 16 missiles hit Trooper 3 (0/10 armor, 0/1 trooper remaining (Trooper killed!)), Trooper 5 (3/10 armor remaining), Trooper 4 (3/10 armor remaining), Trooper 4 (2/10 armor remaining),!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Elementals 2 (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets = 6): rolled 10, 12 missiles hit Trooper 4 (0/10 armor, 0/1 trooper remaining (Trooper killed!)), Trooper 5 (0/10 armor, 0/1 trooper remaining (Trooper killed!)), Trooper 1 (6/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 22!

Rampage II (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Dire Wolf (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (26/41 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Dire Wolf (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (19/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 R-e = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium R-e Laser at Elementals 1 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 small targets + 1 secondary target - 1 R-e = 7): rolled 12, hit Trooper 1 (4/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 22!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1914!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining)! Crit! Pilot hit!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 12, hit Rear Left Torso (7/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 8, hit Rear Right Torso (7/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 10, hit Rear Right Torso (4/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 3, hit Rear Right Torso (1/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires M-Pod at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, 15 submunitions hit Rear Left Torso (6/10 armor remaining), Left Arm (18/34 armor remaining), Left Arm (17/34 armor remaining), Left Arm (16/34 armor remaining), Right Leg (40/41 armor remaining), Right Leg (39/41 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (13/14 armor remaining), Left Arm (15/34 armor remaining), Left Arm (14/34 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (5/10 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (0/10 armor remaining (TAC!)), Right Arm (33/34 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (4/10 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (12/14 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (11/14 armor remaining)!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (28/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (34/41 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Acid) at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Rear Left Torso (1/10 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (19/21 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (31/41 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (0/10 armor, 20/21 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-6 (Acid) at Dire Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (11/34 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (17/21 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Center Torso (8/14 armor remaining), Left Leg (23/41 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Gurkha #2 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0520!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Fire Moth (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (0/3 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Right arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Rear Right Torso (0/2 armor, 3/5 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 9, hit Rear Right Torso (0/5 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Engine hit! Engine hit!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Savage Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Savage Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Elementals 1
- Fires AP Gauss Rifles at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 6, 3 attacks hit Center Torso (24/32 armor remaining), Center Torso (21/32 armor remaining), Right Arm (2/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-2 at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, friendly AMS reduces the hits from 10 to 8! 8 missiles hit Left Arm (11/20 armor remaining), Left Arm (9/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (19/32 armor remaining), Left Leg (26/28 armor remaining), Right Leg (21/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (20/22 armor remaining), Left Torso (18/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (17/32 armor remaining)!

Elementals 2
- Fires AP Gauss Rifles at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 10, 3 attacks hit Right Torso (18/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (26/36 armor remaining), Right Torso (15/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-2 at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement = 3): Rolled 7, 6 missiles hit Left Arm (20/22 armor remaining), Right Arm (7/22 armor remaining), Right Leg (27/29 armor remaining), Left Leg (17/29 armor remaining), Left Arm (18/22 armor remaining), Left Arm (16/22 armor remaining)!

Ironhold (Ace)
- Attacks Dragoon II with AP Gauss Rifles (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Attacks Dragoon II with AP Gauss Rifles (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (9/22 armor remaining)!

Golem (Ace)
- Holds fire!

Dire Wolf
- Fires ER PPC at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Arm for a reduced 7 damage (9/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER PPC at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso for a reduced 7 damage (25/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Rampage II (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, 16 missiles hit Left Torso (20/32 armor remaining), Left Leg (35/40 armor remaining), Left Arm (4/31 armor remaining), Left Arm (3/31 armor remaining)!
- Gains 48 heat, sinks 40!

Savage Wolf Prime
- Reverses arms!
- Fires ER PPC at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 (Rear) at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, Fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 (Rear) at Nyx #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, Fails to lock-on!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Wolf C
- Fires ER Large Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis V at Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 Artemis V = 7): rolled 8, 15 missiles hit Right Arm (0/20 armor, 7/10 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (17/22 armor remaining), Left Torso (13/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis V at Coyote (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 Artemis V = 7): rolled 10, 12 missiles hit Right Leg (16/28 armor remaining), Left Arm (4/20 armor remaining), Left Torso (11/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Coyote
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1412!
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Nyx #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, 8 missiles hit Left Leg (1/10 armor remaining), Right Leg (7/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Nyx #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Nyx #2 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Rabid Coyote
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1415!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Gurkha #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Gurkha #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 24!

Dingo
- Fires LRM/20 at Wolverine II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 9, 16 missiles hit Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (21/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (10/20 armor remaining), Left Arm (17/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM/20 at Wolverine II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 9, 12 missiles hit Right Leg (21/26 armor remaining (TAC!)), Right Arm (13/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (18/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 22(27) heat, sinks 32!

Lobo
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Fire Moth
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0721!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (8/24 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (19/36 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 5rolled 5, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (12/36 armor remaining)!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

End Phase:
Fire Elementals
- Trooper 2 burns to death!

Dire Wolf
- Must pass a 3+ Consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Head: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Sensors damaged!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - ER Medium Laser damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Streak SRM-6 Damaged!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - LRM-20 damaged!
- - ER Medium Laser damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Rampage II (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Coyote (Player)
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 12, arm blown off!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Foot actuator damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 3, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Attacks Dire Wolf with Large Vibrosword (Active) (4 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 sword = 6): rolled 9, hit Rear Left Torso (6/21 structure remaining)! Crit!

Gurkha #2 (Player)
- Attacks Fire Moth with Large Vibrosword (Active) (4 base + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 sword = 10): rolled 8, miss!

End Phase:
Dire Wolf
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Streak SRM-6 Damaged!
- - Streak SRM-6 ammo hit!
- Dire Wolf suffers 180 damage in an ammunition explosion to Left Torso (0/32 armor, 0/21 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Left arm blown off! Pilot hit! Pilot hit! XL Engine hit! XL Engine hit!
- - 142 damage vented harmlessly by CASE!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must pass a 7+ consciousness test: rolled 6, fails!

Turn End Phase:
Fire Moth
- Must pass a 4+ test to avoid automatic engine shutdown: rolled 2, fails!

Map Link

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Aces Some enemy ‘Mech units may become aces if certain conditions are met
BattleArmor Aces All battle armor units are aces

Primary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleMechs (2/10)

Secondary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleArmor (0/5)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 14, 2018

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

as a heads up you missed the timg tag in the first player movement.

its currently timg then /img.

Sort of funny wanting to see DI's movement, and then going wait where is it?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

gently caress gently caress gently caress I gambled on kicking the Firemoth to death, failed, and now I am in terrible position and shape and soon will be getting swarmed by elementals. Sorry goonbros :(

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Oh my god you guys that was a great round. We have a chance to finish off the Fire Moth and more importantly the Dire Wolf, and a lot of the Elementals are significantly depleted. Lot of options to think about here.

I’ll post another Elemental movement map late tonight or tomorrow.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

gently caress yeah sensor hit on the Daishi.

BIG POPPA PUMP'S GOT YER HOOKUP

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Just please check your targets. If they've got "Fire Resistant" on them, don't shoot 'em with Plasma or Infernos!

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Defiance Industries posted:

gently caress yeah sensor hit on the Daishi.

BIG POPPA PUMP'S GOT YER HOOKUP

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

That's not even the worst thing you did to it

As god is my witness he is broken in half

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ok, now.

Shooting a Dire Wolf in the head from the back is just showing off.

:f5:

EDIT: Welp, that'll teach me to leave a reply open while checking the previous update and not refreshing the current page...

Your Player Movement map image is borked because of a conflict between timg and img tags, making it difficult to see where the action was headed until I actually got to the Combat log.

DI sure did not disappoint. Sensor hit to the head, rear crits disabling weapons in the torsos, and then your sword causing an ammo explosion that blows up half the mech and knocks the enemy Star Colonel in the biggest threat unconscious, leaving him with just his right arm PPCs and a ER Medium firing on damaged sensors if he ever gets back up before you finish him off? Yeah, I'd say that was a successful bushwhacking. Now to decide whether to try and finish him off before the rest of his Star turns around to confront you or disengage and head for the cover of the base before venturing out again.

The Fire Moth shutting down because of heat is good, even if it did get in a couple of good hits while doing so. It got pummeled for it's trouble and lost most of it's firepower even before shutting down, but too bad the sword couldn't connect to finish it off. It can probably be ignored for a turn or two while GoonWolverines consolidate and engage the heavier hitters now in shooting range.

Too bad the Coyote lost it's whip arm before we could see it actually used. The position you guys are in isn't too bad right now, though the heavier Star has just moved into good firing range, since their heaviest hitter is now down due to DI pulling off the perfect backstab. Took some decent armor damage, so the bigger guys moving in might be a bit concerning, but it shouldn't be too bad.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

jng2058 posted:

Just please check your targets. If they've got "Fire Resistant" on them, don't shoot 'em with Plasma or Infernos!
Yeah I missed that part when I was setting up my chain of contingencies :smith:

At least I'm not overheating anymore :unsmith:

• Locked thread