Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RA Rx posted:

Looks like it's time to boot up the old antimatter warhead program again - there's got to be a way to get a more complete reaction!

There better be, or we're demoting you to the program to design a flamer that more completely incinerates orphanages so we don't get murderous child ghosts when we rebuild on the property.

[EDIT] And if the above seems in poor taste even for the Cappellans, tell me you can't picture some Cappellan getting reports of murderous orphan ghosts and not immediately being like "So we need a bigger flamer that burns away the soul too. :thunk:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Narsham posted:

the Society gets forced to flee and find out there's a safe place where they can prove the people who exiled them were entirely wrong.

This would be pretty great. CapCon gets a hat, and it's "THE FOOLS! WE'LL SHOW THEM ALL!" but one half of the faction is talking about politics/great power relations and the other murder-science.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Zaodai posted:

There better be, or we're demoting you to the program to design a flamer that more completely incinerates orphanages so we don't get murderous child ghosts when we rebuild on the property.

[EDIT] And if the above seems in poor taste even for the Cappellans, tell me you can't picture some Cappellan getting reports of murderous orphan ghosts and not immediately being like "So we need a bigger flamer that burns away the soul too. :thunk:"

Shouldn't be too hard, soul mass can be converted efficiently to sound waves. :)

I'd get into the spiritual thermodynamics, but I'd probably get probated for real.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 22, 2018

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If nothing else, it proves the Clans were wise to come up with that fireproof armor their Elementals are clad in. They're all orphans, afterall, and the Society would know this.

This is going to be an interesting turn. :dance:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Needing orders for the Black Watch. chktshadeclaw, is everything ok?

If you're not sure what to do I really suggest taking the break in the fighting to try to get to 0620 or 1418 where you'll be much better able to leverage your armor

Edit: I may have underestimated the Cephalus. It's purpose-built to piss off Clanners, holy poo poo.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 21, 2018

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I may have underestimated the Cephalus. It's purpose-built to piss off Clanners, holy poo poo.

All 3 of the Society mechs are in their own special ways.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Needing orders for the Black Watch. chktshadeclaw, is everything ok?

If you're not sure what to do I really suggest taking the break in the fighting to try to get to 0620 or 1418 where you'll be much better able to leverage your armor

I was going to get them in after work, but I passed out when I got home. I'll get them in as Soon as I can.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Aeaea 9

“We will drive them into the woods to slow them down. Be ready.”

The surviving Clan commander’s voice was tinny and so distorted Marduk couldn’t even determine the speaker’s gender. The Rampage’s own communication system was especially robust, able to punch through most ECM-based jamming with ease. He turned the dials up to maximum and sent a simple, “Acknowledged” even as the Coyote forces turned to interpose themselves between the interloping scout ‘Mechs and the rest of the combatants. The Coyotes were still organized in spite of the jamming, which spoke either of their skill, or that they were very good at following the only voice on their unit’s commnet.

Marduk tried to draw a bead on one of the scouts, but the hazy, all-too-familiar shimmer of a Chameleon system threw off his targeting computer. He fired anyway, in an effort to keep the little light ‘Mech honest. He missed clean, but a combined attack from the enemy heavy star knocked the little ‘Mech off its feet while a trio of heavy ‘Mechs brought down its partner. Marduk suppressed an involuntary shudder. It had taken the better part of a Clan heavy ‘mech star to take down a single light ‘Mech.

“So much for our armor advantage,” Harendra’s voice was nearly indistinguishable from the Clan commander’s.

“The enemy’s pilots are not very good,” the Clan leader warbled. “Perhaps we can exploit that.”

“Try to knock them off their feet,” Marduk agreed. “But keep an eye out. They’re not going to take over the Homeworlds with only a few scout—”

A fireball erupted from the upper dome of the Roseau as an Arrow IV artillery missile smashed into it. The upper armor plating buckled around the impact site, but held firm. It’d take more than a single missile to knock a DropShip out of commission. A second missile slammed into the Coyote’s surviving assault ‘Mech, nearly knocking the pilot off his feet.

“That was a low arc,” Marduk roared, “the shooter’s close! Find me that artillery platform now!

Movement Phase
Wolverine II (Player)
- Stands carefully in hex 0619: (4 base + 2 actuator damage - 2 careful stand = 4): rolled 4, succeeds!

Rampage II (Player)
- Disables Blue Shield PFD!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Activates MASC!

Shooting Phase
Dragoon II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1324!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Leg for a reduced 8 damage (4/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains a reduced (32-3=29) heat, sinks 36!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24!

Black Watch (Player)
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 22!

Rampage II (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 22!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Cephalus Prime #1 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Arm for a reduced 8 damage (0/6 armor, 2/4 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, 4 missiles deal reduced armor damage to Right Arm (5/6 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (3/4 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (2/4 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (3/4 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Cephalus D #4 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, 3 missiles deal reduced armor damage to Rear Left Torso (1/4 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (3/4 armor remaining), Left Arm (5/6 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Gurkha #2 (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Cephalus Prime #5 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/10 modular armor remaining)! Modular Armor destroyed!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2013!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #1 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 8, miss!

Elementals 1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Elementals 2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Fire Elementals (Ally)
- Fires AP Gauss Rifles at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, 4 troopers hit Right Leg (10/12 armor remaining), Right Leg (8/12 armor remaining), Left Torso (7/10 modular armor remaining), Right Leg (6/12 armor remaining)!

Golem (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Savage Wolf Prime (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Leg for a reduced 12 damage (0/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, Fails to Lock-On!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Wolf C (Ally)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm for a reduced 5 damage (1/6 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (3/10 modular armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis V at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 1 Artemis V = 8): rolled 10, Laser AMS reduces the missile hits to 5 missiles hit Left Arm (0/6 armor, 1/4 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis V at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 1 Artemis V = 8): rolled 11, Laser AMS reduces the missile hits to 9 missiles hit Right Arm (2/6 armor remaining), Center Torso (0/10 modular armor, 12/12 armor remaining)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Savage Coyote (Ally)
- Fires ATM-12 (HE) at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ATM-12 (HE) at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (3/10 modular armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 8): rolled 10, 6 submunitions do reduced armor damage to Head (9/9 armor remaining), Right Torso (9/10 modular armor remaining), Right Leg (6/12 armor remaining), Head (9/9 armor remaining), Left Leg (12/12 armor remaining), Right Torso (8/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Rabid Coyote (Ally)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved short range targeting = 5): rolled 10, hit Rear Right Torso for a reduced 5 damage (0/4 armor, 5/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved short range targeting = 5): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso for a reduced 5 damage (0/4 armor, 7/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved short range targeting = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm for a reduced 5 damage (1/6 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved short range targeting = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ATM-12 (HE) at Cephalus Prime #2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 1 improved short range targeting = 7): rolled 8, 8 missiles deal reduced armor damage to Left Leg (3/6 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Right Torso (2/6 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (10/12 armor remaining), Left Arm (0/1 structure remaining (Arm blown off! damage transfers to Rear Left Torso (3/4 armor remaining)), Rear Center Torso (4/8 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Center Torso (1/8 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Left Torso (1/4 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (0/8 structure remaining (’Mech Destroyed!))!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Dingo (Ally)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Cephalus Prime #3 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 Chameleon LPS = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 32!

Cephalus Prime #1
- Holds fire!

Cephalus Prime #2
- Fires Light TAG at Savage Coyote (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Cephalus Prime #3
- Fires Light TAG at Savage Coyote (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit!

Cephalus D #4
- Fires iHeavy Large Laser at Rampage II (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Cephalus Prime #5
- Fires Light TAG at Excalibur-Class DropShip Roseau (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, hit!

Arrow IV (Homing)
- Attacks Lower Mapsheet (Base 4 = 4): rolled 9, hit!
- - Missile homes in on Savage Wolf (Base 4 = 4): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (5/25 armor remaining)!

Arrow IV (Homing)
- Attacks Lower Mapsheet (Base 4 = 4): rolled 6, hit!
- - Missile homes in on Excalibur-Class DropShip Roseau: rolled 4, hit!

End Phase:
Cephalus Prime #1
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 2, no critical hits sustained!

Cephalus Prime #3
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (6 base + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 6, fails!
- Suffers a reduced 2 damage in the fall to Rear Left Torso (2/4 armor remaining)!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (6 base + 1 massive damage + 2 avoiding damage = 9): rolled 9, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Cephalus Prime #3
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (6 base = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

Map Link

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Aces Some enemy ‘Mech units may become aces if certain conditions are met
BattleArmor Aces All battle armor units are aces

Primary Objectives
- Defeat or Drive Off the Society (1/14)

RWA Secondary Objectives
- Destroy the Septicemia Z to call in the Legion (0/1)

Coyote Secondary Objectives
- Secure hex 1909 or 1904 to warn the Clan (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 22, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

chktshadeclaw posted:

I was going to get them in after work, but I passed out when I got home. I'll get them in as Soon as I can.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this until just now. :(

On the plus side, your tactical passing out after work meant I didn't target you with that heavy large laser and took a potshot the Cephalus D was sure to miss.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 21, 2018

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
drat, The Society has some pretty vicious stuff.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They painted our dropship. Let's get the second Gurkha down there to throw him off his game.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
gently caress me, that's a lot of missiles.

Charge!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
iATMs. Players are fuuuuuucked.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have updated the Google Doc.

I am debating moving my Dragoon II forward to 1426 where I will have lots of forest cover, or back to 1322 where I can unload on and get physical with the gnat in hex 1421 that does not have a high movement mod. What do you guys think?

edit: Oh gently caress, the target we have to destroy is in hex 1502 (at the top of the map). Fuuuuuuuck gently caress gently caress gently caress.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 21, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Turkina Z is without exaggeration the single most dangerous mech in the history of BattleTech. I recommend killing it before it gets more than one turn.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Both secondary objectives are to the North.

Decisions are easier when there's only one choice. I run to 1216 and unload on the Septicemia D-Z (stupid name).

The four 'Mechs closest to the dropship? Watch our backs.

Manny, there's a crunchy snack behind you, you could alpha him and then kick him. I dunno, I haven't run the numbers.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Just be glad none of them are packing iMP ammo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Strobe posted:

The Turkina Z is without exaggeration the single most dangerous mech in the history of BattleTech. I recommend killing it before it gets more than one turn.

This is the absolute, gospel truth. If there is a Cephalus somewhere near you, you are in close range thanks to the Nova CEWS. HE ATM ammo deals 3 per missile, 36 per launcher. iATMs are streaks: If they hit, they all hit. It has four launchers. That thing has the potential to obliterate most assault mechs from 9 hexes away. and the midrange missiles are almost as bad from 15.

The Septicaemias have very, very strong weapons loadouts as well: Taking out the HPG jammer is almost as important.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
That is a lot of iATM's.

Also hey a mech mounted mobile HPG. Someone's recording this! :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, the Society's thing is sensor fuckery and guided missiles? Stompy-robits wise.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Night10194 posted:

So, the Society's thing is sensor fuckery and guided missiles? Stompy-robits wise.

Any kind of bullshit gear that can make up for having 5/6 and 6/7 pilots.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Watch out - that Turkina's pilot is Labnamed.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Voyager I posted:

Watch out - that Turkina's pilot is Labnamed.
Oh I'm so scared. Oh eek. Or possibly lawks.

Where the hell is number 15? Anybody see anything in the forest hexes?

Sair
May 11, 2007

I guess my Nyx could go ahead and dive on that Septicaemia.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What does damaged modular armour do?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sair posted:

I guess my Nyx could go ahead and dive on that Septicaemia.
I was thinking of suggesting that the lights take turns getting max move mod getting behind the Mission Objective, but going anywhere near that gaggle of missileboats is probably suicide.

Does my ECM have any benefit here, or does this Scientist Bullshittm that renders it useless?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

goatface posted:

What does damaged modular armour do?

Slow down the user. Formerly held 10 extra armor for the location

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was thinking of suggesting that the lights take turns getting max move mod getting behind the Mission Objective, but going anywhere near that gaggle of missileboats is probably suicide.

Does my ECM have any benefit here, or does this Scientist Bullshittm that renders it useless?

Nova CEWS can only be jammed by another unit with Nova CEWS, unfortunately.
It functions as an Active Probe and ECM, but with only a 3 hex range. It can create 3 unit networks that work just like C3i. They can shift around at will (at end of turn), and it also keeps working even if the pilot in a mech is unconscious.

I thiiiink your Angel ECM should still block the streak effect of iATM launchers, which means that they can still shoot you, but that they'll have to roll on the cluster table instead of automatically having every missile hit.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Aside from the actual two objectives on the field, the 'Mech lobbing Arrow-IVs is in 2326 and has relatively quite light armor vs it's throw weight in Arrow missiles. Too bad it can't be shanked in the back this turn.

The Septicemia Z can be shot in the back from 1601 and 1701 by both the northern Nyx and Gurkha, which could yield really fast reinforcements. They can both move 10 hexes to get there so should be relatively safe, even though almost all the Society mechs have hyper extending actuators to let them shoot an arm backwards.

e: I'm crazy jealous not being in this mission right now lol.

How do the players secure hex 1909? Drop off elementals there? Or just have no enemy units within X hexes while a friendly unit is close?

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 22, 2018

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Right now I'm just thankful that they never made a Cephalus variant with an iatm6 and a ton of iMP ammo.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So do I just have to spend a turn in one of the specified hexes to complete the secondary? If so, then I'll probably be making as directly for it as I can.

Hopefully the Coyotes can eliminate the enemies on the right quickly and be ready to die gloriously smashing into the rest of the enemies so that the Wolverines can clean up down south.

Y'all probably want to kill that Arrow IV boat before it wrecks up the Dropship. Yeah?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's the clan objective. Let them worry about it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

paragon1 posted:

Y'all probably want to kill that Arrow IV boat before it wrecks up the Dropship. Yeah?

It's barely scratching the paint. That thing's 16000 tons with more guns and armor than the entire assault lance.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

goatface posted:

That's the clan objective. Let them worry about it.

player(s) are now piloting clan mechs too! :ssh:

(and or "THE WOLVERINES ARE A CLAN")

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I missed that switch.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Defiance Industries posted:

Any kind of bullshit gear that can make up for having 5/6 and 6/7 pilots.

Remember the talk just a bit ago about the Capellans becoming a safe harbor for the society? Team war crimes could potentially be the real big bad of this story.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Night10194 posted:

The two 3070-ish new baddie factions are interesting in that they simultaneously have significant similarities-both rely heavily on high-tech combined arms warfare-and some huge differences.

The Manei Domini basically make up for using largely advanced but proven IS technology by being absolutely, ridiculously hardcore pilots to a T. Every one of their pilots is a 2/3 and will probably be running pain shunt/dermal armor so they become immune to pilot hits and will keep fighting until they die.

The Society make up for being absolutely trash at piloting by having the most broken weapons and equipment in the game like the Nova and the iATM and often shoving their pilots and soldiers full of experimental combat drugs and weird glowing green mutagens.

So the Society's thing is more that they use tough, extremely specialized robots (notice how one of the variants of their light omni has no weapons at all) with very powerful weapons and maximum use of expensive tech and Clantech, in unClanlike teams, to make up for a crippling pilot skill deficit, while the Manei Domini's thing is that they use solid design principles, teamwork, and superhuman pilots to make up for a significant technological deficit.

(I want a MD/Society faceoff PTN please make it happen one day)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

painedforever posted:

Oh I'm so scared. Oh eek. Or possibly lawks.

Where the hell is number 15? Anybody see anything in the forest hexes?

There isn't a number 15. The Society fields units in formations of 1, 3, and 7. This is two Septs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Why are some Society pilots worried/distracted what have you while others are high as balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Some of them are those people who get really annoying anxious/paranoid/add when high, obv

• Locked thread