Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

PoptartsNinja posted:

The society's rebellion is well timed and well planned but that doesn't mean they're all competent.

In fairness, at least he was smart enough to know that his only chance was a headshot: it was just bad luck that he ended up fighting an Elemental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What does the Society do for infantry combat anyways? Or aerospace?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

What does the Society do for infantry combat anyways? Or aerospace?

The Clan police forces are made up of very disgruntled failed warriors who got relegated to the laborer caste.

There's still a reason they waited until all the Clan warships had blown each other up before revolting in canon.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Clan police forces are made up of very disgruntled failed warriors who got relegated to the laborer caste.

They make the Friendly Persuaders look like, well...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The only difference between the Clan Military Police and the Friendly Persuaders is that the Friendly Persuaders are more likely to initiate "negotiations" with their automatic shotguns. The Clan MPs are reject elemental mall cops looking for an excuse to beat someone up, but they usually stay non-lethal unless an honest-to-god crime has been committed (and if they didn't see it it's as good as having never happened, the odds of someone actually investigating are practically nil).

The Friendly Persuaders have hair triggers and are going to be lethal to anyone in the area immediately surrounding the perpetrator, and they are backed by a legal system that sees this as a good thing because it means less paperwork.

Do not gently caress with the cops in the Draconis Combine. They don't even try to pretend they exist to protect and serve.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I don't know if Paul "would be Blart if he could get a bloodname" - Mall Cop would be better or worse than the one we have in our timeline, but I'd probably watch it just to see a washout Elemental bumbling around like a buffoon.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012
I'm gonna cross over the middle of the hill - I move fastest on my jumpjets anyway, so there's no real reason not to. It looks like it will take about three turns for me to finish crossing, so keep that in mind.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chktshadeclaw posted:

I'm gonna cross over the middle of the hill - I move fastest on my jumpjets anyway, so there's no real reason not to. It looks like it will take about three turns for me to finish crossing, so keep that in mind.
You'll be in position to shoot next turn if you simply go straight forward both this turn and next, while going anywhere on the hill gets you in sight in, at best, three turns.

My Dragoon II has three open sections on the front and a total of 19 armor facing the front, including only 4 on the head, so with the consideration that it is the Society's goal to knock me out, I think I need to say hidden this turn.

What are our lights planning? There is not much on the google doc....

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm gonna be honest, with that Sept in place I only have one move I can possibly do and it's a suicide run. I'm gonna get in behind him, fire everything and hope I hit the RTR

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 17, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm gonna be honest, with that Sept in place I only have one move I can possibly do and it's a suicide run. I'm gonna get in behind him, fire everything and hope I hit the RTR
What about waiting a turn or two for a group effort at going for the rear?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just posted some fluff for a post-timeskip subfaction of the Draconis Combine. This stuff will remain patrons-only because I'd like it to remain a surprise for the casual thread reader.

Also "stats" for the Shiro. Kinetic Dampening Armor is now Kinetic Resistant Armor

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 17, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What about waiting a turn or two for a group effort at going for the rear?

I don't think we have a turn or two of waiting. We're not going to run that Osteon out of ammo before we run out of units.

Sair
May 11, 2007

At 10 heat it isn't doing a lot this turn. I could keep the pressure on it or go for backshots on the Septicemia.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm gonna rush my Nyx right at it and go for a kick, maybe we can get it to tip over, maybe I draw some fire off our bigger machines. Either way. Gurkha's going in behind the Sept to light him up. If he wants to turn and shoot me instead then I consider that a win. When Gurkha #2 gets to point blank you should definitely light off your M-Pod.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Put your end hexes in the spreadsheet or something so we don't trip over each other.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Going to 0508 and 0707.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You'll be in position to shoot next turn if you simply go straight forward both this turn and next, while going anywhere on the hill gets you in sight in, at best, three turns.

Didn't notice that. I'll update my orders

Running to 1314

chktshadeclaw fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 18, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to 1113 I guess. Good hunting fellas.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I nearly missed the deadline for orders. I may still have, because I don't know if PTN takes Daylight Savings into account (because I sure don't). Anyway, I'm doing what I said I'd do, running up to within spitting distance of the Osteon, and letting him have it with medium lasers and missiles.

Parry, this one's for you.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Generally, PTN doesn't hold you to an exact to the second deadline. If you don't have a habit of lateness and your orders are in before he starts rolling dice, he tries to take them into account.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I don't start working on updates until after I wake up (and after work on Sunday). The deadline is semi-serious but the "real" deadline is whenever I start rolling combat dice.

I just find if orders aren't in by midnight the day before chances are pretty good I won't get them the day of unless I beg for them, which I'm rather not inclined to do after update 5 or so.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just posted some fluff for a post-timeskip subfaction of the Draconis Combine. This stuff will remain patrons-only because I'd like it to remain a surprise for the casual thread reader.

Also "stats" for the Shiro. Kinetic Dampening Armor is now Kinetic Resistant Armor

Do you mean it will eventually be in the thread, or it's "behind the scenes" and only patrons really know?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Volmarias posted:

Do you mean it will eventually be in the thread, or it's "behind the scenes" and only patrons really know?

I believe he means Patrons can see it now (if they want), non-Patrons won't see it until the Time Skip actually happens and the faction is revealed "in canon".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Volmarias posted:

We're certain to see it after the timeskip. For now it's just an early teaser with a bit of extra background detail exploring Combine nationalism.

The thread gave me a lot to work with in the Combine, the Federated Suns, and the Capellan Confederation which makes for some fun changes overall, and the Lyrans have been shaken up pretty hard and didn't get a neat resolution.

I wish I could say the same about the Free Worlds League, but I will find a way to make them interesting. Andurien being a Clan holding is certainly a start.

I've made sure that pretty much everyone has some direct access to the Clans. Even the Capellan Confederation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Aeaea 16

A dozen fiery streaks lit the sky like a meteor shower. The drop pods of the Legion heated and scorched, but didn’t burn even as they plummeted straight into Circe’s thick atmosphere. Ensconced in their armored cocoons, the Legion’s heat sinks worked double-time to keep the cockpits and core components cool. Normally, the Drop Pods would blow apart a few seconds after entering the lower atmosphere, allowing parachutes to deploy and freeing the BattleMech encased within.

The Legion remained in their pods nearly the entire way down. With a few exceptions BattleMechs weren’t especially aerodynamic, and the longer drop troops could stand to remain in their pods the closer their formation would be when they landed. The Legion took the typical HALO drops to the extreme, riding their drop pods until they were precisely three seconds shy of smashing unceremoniously into the surface of the planet.

Captain Brannigan watched their descent with a mix of awe and trepidation. Only pilots who had absolute faith in themselves and their BattleMechs—or a complete disregard for their own safety—would risk such a hard landing. It was theoretically possible for a jump jet equipped BattleMech to survive a fall from orbit by firing their jets as hard as possible at the last instant, but as far as she was aware no one had ever been stupid or crazy enough to attempt such a feat. The Legion did nearly that completely blind, trusting their instruments and the topographical scans of the orbiting satellites without a second thought.

Serena wouldn’t have risked that for all the BattleMechs in the Republic. Not even with her stimulant injector set to triple the maximum safe dose.

Movement Phase
Black Watch
- Insufficient MP to reach hex 1314: needs 5, has 4!

Shooting Phase
Dragoon II (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 36!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Shut Down!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 24!

Black Watch (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (4/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (4/9 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (1/9 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 3, hit Rear Right Torso (9/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (AX) at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Inferno) at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Gurkha #2 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1207!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (22/36 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/9 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (12/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Left Torso (10/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (10/23 armor remaining), Right Arm (2/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (8/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Septicemia C-Z (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 20!

Fire Elementals (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Golem (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Savage Wolf C (Player)
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis V at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 Artemis V = 6): rolled 10, 15 missiles hit Left Torso (20/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (16/24 armor remaining), Right Torso (15/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (10/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (11/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (17/27 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 34!

Rabid Coyote (Ally)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved targeting (short) = 5): rolled 5, hit Rear Center Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved targeting (short) = 5): rolled 6, hit Rear Left Torso (5/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Osteon Prime (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 improved targeting (short) = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 24!

Osteon Prime
- Delays attack!

Septicemia C-Z
- Extended torso-twists to threaten hex 0407!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Gurkha #1 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (0/11 armor, 2/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Gurkha #1 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/8 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! XL Engine hit! XL Engine hit!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Gurkha #1 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/11 armor, 5/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Nyx #2 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 MultiTrac - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Nyx #2 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 MultiTrac = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Triple Machine Gun Array at Nyx #2 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 MultiTrac = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (2/15 armor remaining), (0/15 armor remaining), (8/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Triple Machine Gun Array at Nyx #2 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 MultiTrac = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

Osteon Prime
- Fires iATM-9 (Inferno) at Savage Wolf C (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires iATM-9 (HE) at Nyx #1 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat + 0 MultiTrac = 8): rolled 11, 9 missiles hit Center Torso (2/15 armor remaining), Left Arm (0/8 armor, 3/5 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (0/10 armor, 5/7 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (4/10 armor remaining)!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase:
Septicemia C-Z
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 4, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (6 base + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 6, fails!
- Suffers 6 damage in the fall to Left Torso (6/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (17/23 armor remaining)!

Osteon Prime
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - ER Medium Laser damaged!
- - Upper Arm Actuator damaged!
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper leg actuator damaged!

Physical Combat Phase:
Gurkha #1 (Player)
- Kicks Septicemia C-Z (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 prone adjacent target - 2 kick = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (4/18 armor remaining)!

Nyx #1 (Player)
- Kicks Osteon Prime (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 actuator damage - 2 kick = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (25/29 armor remaining)!

Nyx #2 (Player)
- Kicks Septicemia C-Z (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 prone adjacent target - 2 kick = 5): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 11/13 structure remaining)! Crit!

Osteon Prime
- Kicks Nyx #1 (5 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (0/7 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/15 armor, 0/10 structure remaining)! ’Mech destroyed!

End Phase:
Septicemia C-Z
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - AP Gauss Rifle hit! AP Gauss Rifle explodes!
- Suffers 3 damage in an Ammunition Explosion to Left Torso (8/13 structure remaining)! Crit! Pilot hit! Pilot hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 3, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a 7+ Consciousness test: rolled 5, fails!
- Must pass a 9+ Consciousness test: Already unconscious!

Osteon Prime
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked = 6): rolled 6, critical hits sustained!

Turn End Phase:
Wolverine II
- Must pass an 11+ Consciousness test: rolled 6, fails!

Map Link

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Aces Some enemy ‘Mech units may become aces if certain conditions are met
BattleArmor Aces All battle armor units are aces

Primary Objectives
- Defeat or Drive Off the Society (Complete)

RWA Secondary Objectives
- Destroy the Septicemia Z to call in the Legion (Complete)

Coyote Secondary Objectives
- Secure hex 1909 or 1904 to warn the Clan (Complete)

Society Primary Objective
- ??? (2/3)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday! (Maybe)

PTN’s note: I’m willing to cut my losses here and concede, I can’t achieve the last Society objective and our friend Dr. Lysenko is “scripted” to run the instant she’s the last ‘Mech standing. There’s a good chance I can get her off the board but it’s another two turns of mop-up and trip attempts. So, I’m leaving it up to the players: you can take your victory or we can play out the turns. If you choose to take the victory, I’ll let the players chose whether Dr. Lysenko escapes so the players can fight her next mission or whether she gets run down and dies here.

Chktshadeclaw, I don’t think you really got to enjoy the Black Watch. That’s a rough unit for a new player because it’s so slow, and you spent pretty much the entire game so out of position and on the rare occasion you got to do anything you missed nearly every time. I feel bad about that. If you’re not BattleTech’d out, I’d be happy to have you back next mission in something a little faster.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I say we take the win. We should run her down though. Maybe caught be reinforcements?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 18, 2018

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

PTN’s note: I’m willing to cut my losses here and concede, I can’t achieve the last Society objective and our friend Dr. Lysenko is “scripted” to run the instant she’s the last ‘Mech standing. There’s a good chance I can get her off the board but it’s another two turns of mop-up and trip attempts. So, I’m leaving it up to the players: you can take your victory or we can play out the turns. If you choose to take the victory, I’ll let the players chose whether Dr. Lysenko escapes so the players can fight her next mission or whether she gets run down and dies here.

Chktshadeclaw, I don’t think you really got to enjoy the Black Watch. That’s a rough unit for a new player because it’s so slow, and you spent pretty much the entire game so out of position and on the rare occasion you got to do anything you missed nearly every time. I feel bad about that. If you’re not BattleTech’d out, I’d be happy to have you back next mission in something a little faster.

I'd love the chance to drive something faster. As far as the vote, I think taking the victory and letting the scientist escape will spice things up a lot, and I love spice.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

I’m ok with taking the win, but my character is unconscious and unlikely to wake up anyway so that might be colouring my judgement!

Crazy scenario, PTN - challenging and really shows what an absolute pain the ATM line of tech is. Thanks!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
It's purely attrition at this point. She's running, and most of our 'Mechs are pretty close to falling apart. We'll take the win, I think, only if we get full bragging rights to go with it.

GG everyone, GG! We sure showed those dirty Clanners other bad guys a thing or two, eh?

Who gets Man of the Match? Defiance, for getting so many kills? Parry, for getting so many kills?

(Starscream voice) I nominate myself for being the best leader!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Take the win but she dies here.

NO I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL WHY DO YOU ASK

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just caught up with thread again, and holy poo poo society mechs are nasty as hell.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

chktshadeclaw posted:

I'd love the chance to drive something faster. As far as the vote, I think taking the victory and letting the scientist escape will spice things up a lot, and I love spice.

Take the victory and... I'm conflicted.

I'd like to see the crazy clanner mastermind either be captured and the resultant 'wtf did you do', OR to escape and see their next masterstroke - and a second attempt to take them alive.
Lets not forget that a society scientist is valuable for the bullshit they came up with, and I think its both a more compelling story to see what happens if they get away or get captured, and dead isn't captured.

So with that in mind play it out and try to capture or let them get away. With nobody voting to play it out (and understandably so), this probably isn't the time to vote for that.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Take the victory since we're so close anyway, and let the scientist go because it's more interesting that way.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Take the win and she dies here, let the humiliation be complete and let's be honest about what should happen.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I appreciate the votes but PTN did actually specify that the players get to choose the outcome of this one :p

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

I appreciate the votes but PTN did actually specify that the players get to choose the outcome of this one :p

Except he does:

PTN posted:

So, I’m leaving it up to the players: you can take your victory or we can play out the turns. If you choose to take the victory, I’ll let the players chose whether Dr. Lysenko escapesso the players can fight her next mission or whether she gets run down and dies here.

Edit: I read good and read a didn't instead of a did :downs:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The outcome's already pretty well decided, it's just a question of "will the next mission also feature one badly damaged Osteon?"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The outcome's already pretty well decided, it's just a question of "will the next mission also feature one badly damaged Osteon?"

Or two, for noooo raaaisin.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The "hard mode" version of this mission (Dire Wolf gets headcapped on Turn 1-2, since the Dire Wolf going down was the cue for the Society to show up) featured 3 Osteons and the Turkina Z

There was an "easy mode" too (players and Coyotes shred each other, no Coyote 'Mechs left for the players to 'take over' mid-fight) that was pretty much entirely Cephaluses with a few Septicemias backing them.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This was a really good episode. Will any of these player mechs return in a repaired state? Little shanky mechs are great.

• Locked thread