Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

sebmojo posted:

This is my vote too. Also, what's the Legion?

Apparently they're WoB Manei Domini cyber warriors except developed by the NRWR.

As for MVP votes:
RWA MVPs: Gurkha #1 for putting on a clinic with the backstab of the Dire Wolf and ringing out the Turkina; gotta review the mission to come up with the second because Defiance Industries' play was so good that it kinda made me forget about everyone else's play
Coyote MVP: dunno, the Golems maybe?
Society MVP: Osteon definitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hopefully we'll be able to capture Nadia next mission. I want to know what she and her friends have been up to.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

LegendairyBovine posted:

RWA MVPs: Gurkha #1 for punching way above that 35 ton weight, and the Dragoon II for pumping out consistent damage and keeping a sandpapered command mech alive
Coyote MVP: Golems did a lot of damage to the Society with those SRMs. Honorable mention to the Savage Wolf Prime, Paragon1 made a good run with his second chance mech.
Society MVP: Osteon For slinging distillated bullshit in the form of those iATMs and actually managing to make it off the board to regroup with the rest of the Society.

These have my votes as well.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Zaodai posted:

On the other hand, if they were going to attack the worlds regardless of who owned them, he's not really safe from a full blown war as it is. He might logically conclude actually getting something in return to fight a war he can win is better than watching someone stand alone and die and then have psycho killers on his doorstep.

I mean, he can shoot for Peace in Our Time, but I don't think it's a slam dunk that he actively rejects economic inducements to join a war in progress against a weakened, foreign enemy.

So what you're saying is that the the FWL should blatantly and transparently jump in bed with the NRWR in a scheme that even the most stereotypically stupid Clanner would be able to see through instantly, and hence commit a de facto act of war against the Clans by helping their enemies. Because if the Clans decide to consider this a de facto declaration of war, it somehow means that the FWL would not be safe from war with the Clans if they decided to not commit a de facto act of war against them. That "logic" is completely rear end-backwards.

And it's a war in progress which would then be waged in the middle of the FWLs heartlands, against a "weakened, foreign enemy" that still happens to have a fuckoff massive fleet of warships that the FWL has little to no answer for if they start rampaging straight through said heartlands. The risks far outweigh the possible gains from this nonsense, and that is even if you assume that the FWL would for some reason be stupid enough to trust Stefan Amaris when he has already manipulated and backstabbed them before.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

LegendairyBovine posted:

RWA MVPs: Gurkha #1 for punching way above that 35 ton weight, and the Dragoon II for pumping out consistent damage and keeping a sandpapered command mech alive
Coyote MVP: Golems did a lot of damage to the Society with those SRMs. Honorable mention to the Savage Wolf Prime, Paragon1 made a good run with his second chance mech.
Society MVP: Osteon For slinging distillated bullshit in the form of those iATMs and actually managing to make it off the board to regroup with the rest of the Society.

Yeah I agree with these.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I've not paid enough attention to vote on Coyote and Society MVPs, but I will give Defiance's Gurkha and the Dragoon II my votes for the RWA.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Magni posted:

So what you're saying is that the the FWL should blatantly and transparently jump in bed with the NRWR in a scheme that even the most stereotypically stupid Clanner would be able to see through instantly, and hence commit a de facto act of war against the Clans by helping their enemies. Because if the Clans decide to consider this a de facto declaration of war, it somehow means that the FWL would not be safe from war with the Clans if they decided to not commit a de facto act of war against them. That "logic" is completely rear end-backwards.

And it's a war in progress which would then be waged in the middle of the FWLs heartlands, against a "weakened, foreign enemy" that still happens to have a fuckoff massive fleet of warships that the FWL has little to no answer for if they start rampaging straight through said heartlands. The risks far outweigh the possible gains from this nonsense, and that is even if you assume that the FWL would for some reason be stupid enough to trust Stefan Amaris when he has already manipulated and backstabbed them before.

I'm saying if you stick your head in the sand long enough, someone is going to come drop a blade on your neck. If the Clans are going to gently caress with the FWL, they're going to do it whether you provoke them or not. You may have noticed their giant fuckoff unprovoked attack on half the Inner Sphere. If Marik sees them as a threat, now is his best chance to take care of the problem, and potentially make some technical and industrial gains along the way.

I mean, the Clans already came bursting into the FWL once and laid their dick on the table already.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
RWA MVP 1: Defiance Industries in the Gurkha #1 for raising the bar when it comes to punching above your weight class in a light 'Mech.

RWA MVP 2: AAAAA! Real Muenster in the Dragoon II for being able to consistently adapt to a rapidly changing situation and managing to stay alive, denying the Society their third objective kill.

Coyote MVP: paragon1 in the Savage Coyote Prime for making the most at a second shot at life.

Society MVP: Osteon for ravaging the Goons and the Coyotes with those iATMs.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Magni posted:

Isn't allying with the Serpent Clans a blatant act of war against the Widowmakers' political bloc anyway?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

LegendairyBovine posted:

Seconding (more like ninth-ing, I think) this voting slate

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Isn't allying with the Serpent Clans a blatant act of war against the Widowmakers' political bloc anyway?

Widowmakers' political bloc is possibly dwindling at this point, and if the Snake Clans managed to get most of their stuff out of the homeworlds, it is not a bad alliance (I think).

W.T. Fits posted:

RWA MVP 1: Defiance Industries in the Gurkha #1 for raising the bar when it comes to punching above your weight class in a light 'Mech.

RWA MVP 2: AAAAA! Real Muenster in the Dragoon II for being able to consistently adapt to a rapidly changing situation and managing to stay alive, denying the Society their third objective kill.

Coyote MVP: paragon1 in the Savage Coyote Prime for making the most at a second shot at life.

Society MVP: Osteon for ravaging the Goons and the Coyotes with those iATMs.

And voting for this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RWA 1: DI's Gurkha #1
RWA 2: Muenster's Dragoon II
Coyote: Paragon's Savage Wolf Prime
Society: The Osteon

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Xarbala posted:

I concur.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Xarbala posted:

This is an excellent vote. I will also vote this.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Xarbala posted:

Agreed

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Weissritter posted:

Widowmakers' political bloc is possibly dwindling at this point, and if the Snake Clans managed to get most of their stuff out of the homeworlds, it is not a bad alliance (I think).

I'm not saying it isn't (especially since they have been run out of the Homeworlds and so Star League membership means they're going to become strong defensive assets) but I'm just pointing out that handwringing over the FWL taking provocative actions towards the Clans might be a little too late at this point.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Campaign Update

“They turned an old, tapped-out Germanium mine into a weather monitoring station,” The injured Elemental grimaced when he tried to shrug. He’d been found bleeding in the ruins of the Coyote facility, the only surviving member of the Elemental teams who’d entered the facility to send a warning to the Coyotes as a whole. The others had been killed in the Mechbay, most by the medics who’d arrived to check them for injuries but one by a technician driving a forklift. Those same medics and technicians were now under the guard of the Marines who’d landed with the Legion’s DropShip. The facility had been mostly cleared, but the Wolverines were giving it a wide berth for fear of improvised explosives and booby traps.

The Elemental coughed. He’d been surprisingly willing to help, although perhaps he thought his status—or his freedom—might be in question. “There is nothing out there.”

“All of the ‘Society’ BattleMechs ran that way before we lost them in the dust storm,” the Champion replied tersely. “It’s either a base or a waystation. You’re the local. Could they have turned the site into a secret base?”

The Elemental considered that for a long moment. “Yesterday, I would have laughed and said ‘no.’ Today? It hurts to laugh,” he rolled his shoulder to emphasize his injury, “I will see if I can recover a map of the mine from the base computer. It is as likely a place for a secret base as any, but I cannot promise my information will be up to date.”

“That’s fine,” the Champion waved her hand, dismissing the concern. “Any assistance the Coyotes can offer is appreciated.”

“Do you know,” Major Harendra had insisted on being present for the debriefing. He looked almost fine, physically, save for the dark rings around his eyes and the way his hands shook uncontrollably. “Why the Wolverines were cast out?”

The Elemental seemed taken aback by the question. “You launched Nuclear attacks on—”

“We did,” Harendra agreed. “After it was clear that Nicholas Kerensky was going to make an example of us. Sarah McEvedy warned Nicholas that the caste system was broken, that the warriors could only hold power so long as the so-called “lower” castes don’t realize how badly they have the warriors outnumbered. This uprising is the fruit of Nicholas Kerensky’s vision.” Harendra paused. “Food for thought.”

The Elemental looked away, his expression one of discomfort not necessarily born of pain.

“Wolverines can’t resist the urge to gloat,” Angel Stefanov switched off her secondary monitor. She didn’t need to see anymore, they were already nearly half way to the so-called weather station. The long, talon-clawed legs of her Legion tore three-meter divots in the soft sandstone. The dust storm that had covered the Society’s escape was already fading—they hadn’t come out the other side, and if they’d gotten lost it would only be a few minutes before the satellites found them and the Legion ran them down.

The symbol for the leader of Nephilim Lance flashed green on her communications monitor, then returned to its neutral blue-gray color. She smiled inwardly, she understood the implicit message: that the Wolverines should talk less and do more. She didn’t disagree. She squelched her own transmitter back, agreeing without a word. Members of the Legion spoke so rarely it often surprised non-members that they even could.

Contrary to popular belief, they hadn’t been networked together, the Legion simply required individuals with a, to put it politely, unique brain chemistry after which three years of intensive training did the rest. They could practically read one another’s minds just by the way they moved their BattleMechs, and the invasive neural implants they’d been fitted with let them monitor every single one of their BattleMech’s cameras and sensors simultaneously. To say they were more alive strapped into the cockpit of their BattleMechs was not an understatement. The absence of having all that data to process lead inevitably to depression and suicidal ideation.

Even so, sometimes it was best to make sure everyone was on the same page. Angel squelched her communicator again. “Standard base assault procedure,” she announced simply. She didn’t need to say any more. Unlike most of the Rim World Army, the Legion’s standard operating procedure prioritized speed and thoroughness over all else.

If they left survivors, it would only be by accident.

The Maps

The Legion, 1st Company

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy from Completing Objectives (0/?)

Expected Resistance
- Society Infantry
- Society Vehicles
- Society BattleMechs

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Pilot List
chktshadeclaw
Leith Maclaine
Lemniscate Blue
Affi
the JJ
Leperflesh
Mezzanon
AJ_Impy
Chronojam
jng2058
Fuzzy Mammal
Farseli

Alternates
FractionJackson
Zikan
T.G. Xarbala
Wafflecopper
GhostStalker
Holybat

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 22, 2018

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

OH poo poo SON it's Manei Domini in 75 ton Gestalts.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
~WHOA~

That's a big force. Hey, I see that LeschNyan is also getting a second chance at glory.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's an error on my part

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That primary objective is great.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

That primary objective is great.

I had to end on a high note.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Exosquad ruled for stompy robot times.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The cavalry has arrived

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My kind of party!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Fuuuuck i wish I was playing this one, those mechs own so hard.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Now that's some heavy cav right there

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goodness gracious

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

What's a Tsemp?

And wow, I cannot wait to see like, the ONE clan warrior caste that the scientists have convinced to work for them stumble out of a hangar with an assault mech for the boss battle.

We saw what the society mechs could do with horrible pilots last mission, and now I would at least like to see - or thing it would be remiss not to witness - a GOOD clanner in one of those monsters. especially up against these legionnaire's. wow. talk about an (un)fair fight? can't wait to see what's in store from the society.

Good hunting, goonlances!!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tight Stream Electro-Magnetic Pulse. You can fire it every other round (because it has to recharge) and if it hits it has a chance to shut down the enemy mech, or more commonly to gently caress up their targeting.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheParadigm posted:

What's a Tsemp?

A 'Mech scale taser essentially. Hitting a 'Mech forces a shutdown check.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

TheParadigm posted:

What's a Tsemp?

And wow, I cannot wait to see like, the ONE clan warrior caste that the scientists have convinced to work for them stumble out of a hangar with an assault mech for the boss battle.

We saw what the society mechs could do with horrible pilots last mission, and now I would at least like to see - or thing it would be remiss not to witness - a GOOD clanner in one of those monsters. especially up against these legionnaire's. wow. talk about an (un)fair fight? can't wait to see what's in store from the society.

Good hunting, goonlances!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329&pagenumber=1402#post451154776

Shown off to great effect there!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kiiiinda disappointed that the NRWR company didn't have umbrellas, but then they may be too powerful...

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh boy. I'm giggling like a maniac.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Mad jelly rn.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Ooooh, I'm back on deck! Whoo, let's do this thang! :dance:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Oh poo poo, I'm on the alt list already? I thought I'd still be a year away, :hellyeah:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Basically, your pilots are completely immune to pilot damage from anything and everything short of cockpit critical hits, and get a -1/-1 from the Interface Cockpit to boot, which means that they're effectively 1/2 pilots. You have no gyros because you don't need them and your interface cockpit acts as a gyro. In canon, interface cockpits used PA(L) but here they're using medium suits. Notice that each pilot has 10 suit armor and 2 health-this is because of the Dermal Armor Implants they possess.

Against the Society, this means that you absolutely do have the advantage at range, and you should probably always keep moving and amping up your defensive move modifiers, even if it means you get worse shots.

You're shooting from base 1/2, they're shooting from base 4/5 or 5/6. Making sure everyone's shots are as bad as possible favors you in the long run.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just run side to side while you shoot. Mull around in a circle. Get real weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
:suspense:

I’m kind of terrified to see what PTN has in store that can be a challenge for this team.

• Locked thread