Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Orders sent:
Jumping to 0934 and firing rHeavy PPC at Hellfire and 2 ap gauss at closest infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If you are thinking through your orders to the point where you are actually writing down multiple conditionals and IF/THEN statements then you've got the time to actually look up the hit modifiers.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

If you are thinking through your orders to the point where you are actually writing down multiple conditionals and IF/THEN statements then you've got the time to actually look up the hit modifiers.

That's pretty much my general sentiment. Hit modifiers are purely addition and subtraction, and while there may be a question is if the line gets drawn through a woods you weren't expecting or the enemy is an ACE, it's usually pretty straightforward base + range mod + move mod + enemy move mod.

There are no ACE units on this map, not even the infantry. The players are the aces, go nuts!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 31, 2018

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Alchenar posted:

Are you talking to me and why should I look up the hit modifiers?

I think I fire on the hellfire on 7s? And the infantry on 9s?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's pretty much my general sentiment. Hit modifiers are purely addition and subtraction, and while there may be a question is if the line gets drawn through a woods you weren't expecting or the enemy is an ACE, it's usually pretty straightforward base + range mod + move mod + enemy move mod.

There are no ACE units on this map, not even the infantry. The players are the aces, go nuts!

I’ll revise my orders I always figured you did the math? I don’t remember what I did lAst time i was a player.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

I’ll revise my orders I always figured you did the math?

I do. I also don't expect you to have to take everything into account, and having a contingency isn't bad as long as you're keeping things relatively straightforward.

Many of the players who routinely provide 3-4 possible 'maybe' targets every turn probably know enough about BattleTech that they could work out the to-hits and determine if they feel it's worth the risk to make the shot or not.

Having a back-up contingency is fine (in case your target gets taken out), but the more orders I have to process the higher the chances I'll miss something or gently caress something up, and this match I'm processing 12 sets of orders at the bare minimum. If everyone sends me 2-3 contingencies that's 24-36 chances for me to screw up every turn over what will likely be a 20 turn game.

I do my best to be forgiving, which I'm probably not articulating well (I've gotten 4 hours of sleep in the last 72 so forgive me if this is incoherent), but if you can compute the to-hits... why not? If my numbers vary from yours it's entirely possible I hosed up. I won't get grumpy at a player if you call me on it (I reserve the right to be grumpy with myself though).

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Quoting this to ensure the players see it. There's some confusion because the infantry are marked "ACE!" in their stat blocks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Quoting this to ensure the players see it. There's some confusion because the infantry are marked "ACE!" in their stat blocks.

this is why I had contingencies in my orders, in addition to two cases of not totally clear LOS.

also "just look up the to-hit modifiers" has gotten quite complex now, with weapons that give to-hit bonuses, camoflauge, I think our pilots have special cybernetics or some poo poo too? after turn one's firing when ptn posts the first firing logs I'll feel a lot more confidant. the quick start guides and even the battletech books I own have been left in the dust by the tech levels we're at now.

Finally, contingencies are critical when you are submitting orders before you know what your lancemates are doing because it's wasteful of whole turns to target dead enemies.

I believe my orders can be simplified now we know the infantry's Ace designation on their cards was a mistake, though. I dont think I broke any rules with the orders I posted regardless - the 12+ to hit is just shorthand for "can hit at all" which has always been allowed before, and otherwise I was only accounting for ace, LOS, modifiers I'm unsure about, and my teammate's unknown orders.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Okay, thead advice time. Will also check in with the doc soon.

Thinking of strolling up to the hill (2137 or 2237) for partial cover and dumping into the infantry on top of the hill. Would 2035 let me hit a mech?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah, I built that into the sheet because most of the time infantry react faster than BattleMechs.

Not so much when the battlemechs are brain-controlled and wired directly into the pilot's senses.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Leperflesh posted:

this is why I had contingencies in my orders, in addition to two cases of not totally clear LOS.

also "just look up the to-hit modifiers" has gotten quite complex now, with weapons that give to-hit bonuses, camoflauge, I think our pilots have special cybernetics or some poo poo too? after turn one's firing when ptn posts the first firing logs I'll feel a lot more confidant. the quick start guides and even the battletech books I own have been left in the dust by the tech levels we're at now.

There are none of those in this game right now, so go nuts. At worst, if the cybernetics aren't already baked into the skills, you're looking at a 1 point difference. 95% of the shots in this game are going to come down to:

Skill + your move type + enemy move mod + range (+ terrain) (+ heat penalty)

But really the more important takeaway from this conversation is just play the game and take the shots you want to. Building nested conditional chains is a lot more work for PTN for negligible at best advantage in a game with no Aces and lots of targets. Just pick one and shoot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just getting orders in at all, suboptimal or otherwise, puts you ahead of the people who can't send in an order but also forget/are too busy to give a heads up that they can't.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

the JJ posted:

Okay, thead advice time. Will also check in with the doc soon.

Thinking of strolling up to the hill (2137 or 2237) for partial cover and dumping into the infantry on top of the hill. Would 2035 let me hit a mech?

2035 puts you right at max range on the heavy PPC from the Hellfire, but is barely blocked from shooting it by the height two hill between you in 0825.

Something like walking to 1835 lets you shoot the Sphinx on 2 base - 1 VDNI (your fancy implants make everyone a 1 base gunner) +1 walked + 2 range + 2 heavy woods = 6.

That's a very good shot and the Sphinx is far far more dangerous than the Infantry.

e: You could also shoot the Hellfire from 1835 with 1 base + 1 walked + 4 range + 1 partial cover = 5, but a ton of your team on the left side has shots on it and the Sphinx is more dangerous to you all. Normally I'm all about just taking the best numeric shot but this one can go either way. It might be worth focusing the Hellfire down first with everyone that can hit it just to remove the annoyance factor of giant amounts of unknown heat from you all's planning that it would introduce.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 31, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

But really the more important takeaway from this conversation is just play the game and take the shots you want to. Building nested conditional chains is a lot more work for PTN for negligible at best advantage in a game with no Aces and lots of targets. Just pick one and shoot.

With respect: I'll work within the rules PTN has presented in as optimal way as I can, and if he allows some types of conditionals, I will use them. If conditionals were entirely disallowed, he'd say so, and they're not. I hope he'll forgive me if I sometimes misunderstand exactly what is permitted, but in my experience he's a pretty good GM about this kind of stuff. So relax, it's OK.

Here's my new orders, taking into account the infantry can't move first:

quote:

MOVE PHASE:
WALK 3 hexes from 2038 to 2035, end facing 2034 (4 MP)
TORSO TWIST as necessary to fire:

FIRING PHASE:
If the infantry that began the turn in 2335 (Clan Militarized Police platoon number... 1? Probably?) are still alive and their building is intact: Fire rHeavy PPC at building in 2335, secondarily fire 2x AP gauss at the infantry.
If the building has been destroyed by a previous player, fire rHeavy PPC and 2x AP gauss at the infantry.
If the troops are all dead: fire rHeavy PPC at mech in 2624 (2526 probably blocks this shot, but I'm not sure).
If the mech in 2624 is out of LOS, fire rHeavy PPC at mech in 0624 (18 hexes I believe, and I'm pretty sure 0825 doesn't block LOS?)

PHYSICAL COMBAT PHASE:
Kick any enemy that my mech can kick. Is this too vague? Kick the troops if they can be kicked. Those troops, the blue helmet guys who were in 2335. Stomp the bastards.

I believe this works within PTN's guidelines. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure he can straighten me out himself. If anyone can tell me definitively that there's no LOS between 2035 and 2624, I can make it even simpler?
e. is LOS drawn to and from the center of the hex, or can I draw LOS to any part of the target hex? I think it's to the center, in which case I'm like 80% sure there's no LOS there.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh yeah, I was talking about to-hit conditionals where there's no excuse for not doing the math yourself (or asking in the thread if you aren't sure, there's a million people who will know the answer). I don't think anyone has a problem with 'if target A has ceased to exist by the time you're rolling my dice, shoot target B'.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Leperflesh posted:

With respect: I'll work within the rules PTN has presented in as optimal way as I can, and if he allows some types of conditionals, I will use them. If conditionals were entirely disallowed, he'd say so, and they're not. I hope he'll forgive me if I sometimes misunderstand exactly what is permitted, but in my experience he's a pretty good GM about this kind of stuff. So relax, it's OK.

Here's my new orders, taking into account the infantry can't move first:

I believe this works within PTN's guidelines. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure he can straighten me out himself. If anyone can tell me definitively that there's no LOS between 2035 and 2624, I can make it even simpler?
e. is LOS drawn to and from the center of the hex, or can I draw LOS to any part of the target hex? I think it's to the center, in which case I'm like 80% sure there's no LOS there.

I got tired reading your orders. I hope mine are gooder.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Don't fight each other, fight me instead. [/anime]

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm shooting at the Hellfire unless it somehow loses its big guns before I get a chance, in which case it's time to shoot infantry.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alchenar posted:

I don't think anyone has a problem with 'if target A has ceased to exist by the time you're rolling my dice, shoot target B'.

these are the best conditionals, because they're simple and effective. they get suggested as "this is how to do it" for every batch of new players for a reason.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 1, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I figured out how to make Paint3d do a "magic selection" that sort of works so here's a combo map. Remember to add +2 to levels above the join line.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A bit late but

Grognan posted:

what happens if the building is full of mad science without safety protocol.

The Society are Ghostbusters and The Legion is Walter Peck and the NYPD.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Got a last second player pass, so I'll be calling up an alternate to take on Legion #5. Fraction Jackson is up, if you can get short-notice orders in that'd be fine, if not I'll advance Legion #5 at a walking pace to keep up with the swarm.

Edit: A personal request: with 12 players sending orders please try to trim anything "unnecessary" if it's at all possible. I don't need complete sentences, if you didn't jump and you're not ending with a turn you don't need to send facing, don't use a too many blank lines (I have to delete them when I throw everyone's orders into notepad), don't send physical attack contingencies if you're not moving adjacent to an enemy, etc.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 1, 2018

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I don't see Fraction on old dead #megamek or Discord so no pings there.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: A personal request: with 12 players sending orders please try to trim anything "unnecessary" if it's at all possible. I don't need complete sentences, if you didn't jump and you're not ending with a turn you don't need to send facing, don't use a too many blank lines (I have to delete them when I throw everyone's orders into notepad), don't send physical attack contingencies if you're not moving adjacent to an enemy, etc.

Acknowledged, will do better in future.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I don't see Fraction on old dead #megamek or Discord so no pings there.

a related classic

needs 9, rolls 8 : misses. Archer ARC-6Sr punches itself in the HD. Archer ARC-6Sr takes 7 damage to HD. Armor destroyed, SECTION DESTROYED

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I dearly hope to see a repeat of that given that we've got Elementals on our side and the enemy pilots are comedically bad

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Acknowledged, will do better in future.

I'm not calling anyone out, it's just a general request and something I've been considering putting in the new pilot primer for a few missions now. It's why I prefer people don't send torso twist orders since they're only really necessary less than ten percent of the time.

Edit: Well, that's a promising start.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 1, 2018

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I dearly hope to see a repeat of that given that we've got Elementals on our side and the enemy pilots are comedically bad

we have some hosed up cyberpunk 2020 esque battlemechpilots who'll anime haymaker the gently caress out of your stupid robot, gently caress a elemental

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's actually helpful to know you c/p all the orders into notepad, everyone should be editing themselves on that basis.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

PoptartsNinja posted:

Got a last second player pass, so I'll be calling up an alternate to take on Legion #5. Fraction Jackson is up, if you can get short-notice orders in that'd be fine, if not I'll advance Legion #5 at a walking pace to keep up with the swarm.

Sorry; have a couple things going on today so getting orders together early wasn't really going to be a thing; I don't have problems with the auto-move though so I'll just pick things up starting after this turn.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fraction Jackson posted:

Sorry; have a couple things going on today so getting orders together early wasn't really going to be a thing; I don't have problems with the auto-move though so I'll just pick things up starting after this turn.

Yeah, that's not a worry. I got informed of the pass today so I wasn't really expecting anything with no warning, I just announced on the off chance you were around.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 2

One of the Rho Galaxy machines fell, its cockpit reduced to a smoking ruin by the first shot of Elias Combs’ PPC. As it toppled, he swiveled methodically and walked shots from his AP Gauss Rifles in a Z pattern over the nearest cluster of enemy infantry. They’d been stunned by the collapse of the lightweight weather shelter they’d been hiding in, and were easy pickings for the high-velocity gauss flechettes. He spent a moment watching the dust from his attack settle.

That sort of perfect efficiency was what Angel lance strived for. Not only because it was effective, but because it could quickly cripple enemy morale. As if on cue, the enemy’s small Highlander analogue decided it would rather take its chances further downfield, putting heavy woods between itself an Elias. A triple comm squelch and the sudden appearance of a communications frequency on his peripheral HUD told him to tap into the enemy communications frequency. He did so even as a shell from the enemy JagerMech skipped off the Legion’s fully-armored head.

“-vag!” A clanner was shouting. She sounded young. “They got Blaze in one shot! Did our scientist friends lose some prototype trashborn? Who are these monsters?!”

A countdown appeared on Elias’s secondary monitor. A question like that couldn’t go unanswered—he’d have smiled if he still had control of his facial muscles, but the neurons whose job that was were devoted to the Legion’s primary camera system.

Three. Two. One. And on zero every member of the company broadcast in unison, in the same measured tones that ensured they’d all finish nearly simultaneously. Cyborgs though they were, they weren’t entirely without ways to amuse themselves.

“I am Legion,” Elias quoted, his voice joining the chorus. “For we are many.”

Movement Phase
Legion #3 (Player)
- Invalid final facing: Hex 0734 is not adjacent, original facing kept.

Shooting Phase
Legion #1 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Hellfire (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (9/24 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Center Torso (24/29 armor remaining)!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #2 (Player)
- No Line of Sight to Hellbringer Z: (blocked by terrain)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Quonset Hut 0534 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 0): automatically hit (0/15 CP remaining)! Building collapses!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Quonset Hut 0534 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 0): automatically hit!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Quonset Hut 0534 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 0): automatically hit!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Building Hex 0534
- Clan MPP #2 suffers 4 damage in the collapse! 2 troopers killed!

Legion #4 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0833!
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Hellfire (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Pilot killed! Enemy ‘Mech destroyed!
- Plasma arcs to Center Torso (19/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Clan MPP #2 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 8, hit for (12x2) damage: 12 troopers killed!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Clan MPP #2 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 6, hit for (7x2) damage: 6 troopers killed! Infantry destroyed!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #5 (Player)
- No orders received
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at watchtower hex 2335: No Line of Sight to target (blocked by radio tower 2234)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Clan MPP #1: No Line of Sight to target (blocked by radio tower 2234)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Clan MPP #1: No Line of Sight to target (blocked by radio tower 2234)!

Legion #7 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (8/23 armor remaining)!
- Plasma arcs to Left Arm (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires TSEMP Cannon at Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 7, hit! rolled 8, target suffers from interference!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Sphinx (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #8 (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target Mad Dog E!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target Hellbringer Z!
- No Line of Sight to tertiary target Sphinx!
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Watchtower Hex 2335 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 0): automatic hit (0/15 CF remaining)! Building collapses!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Watchtower Hex 2335
- Clan MPP #1 suffers 10 damage in the collapse! 5 troopers killed!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Primary target Hellfire already destroyed!
- Secondary target already destroyed!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Radio Tower 0433 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = -1): automatic hit (6/15 CF remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Radio Tower 0433 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = -1): automatic hit (0/15 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- Fires Light PPC at Radio Tower 0433 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 0): automatic hit!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #10 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (14/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (11/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #11 (Player)

Legion #12 (Player)

Clan MPP #1
- Fire Gauss SMGs at Legion #8 (Grimoire-4) (4 base + 4 range + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 6, miss!

Clan MPP #2
- Fire Gauss SMGs at Legion #3 (Grimoire-3) (4 base + 4 range + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 7, miss!

Hellbringer Z
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 32!

Sphinx
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 44 heat, sinks 46!

Hellfire 3
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, target gains 8 heat! (8 total heat)
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, target gains 7 heat! (15 total heat)
- Fires Plasma Cannon at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech IIC
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #4 (Angel-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #4 (Angel-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #4 (Angel-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #4 (Angel-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, 2 shells hit Head (5/9 armor remaining), Center Torso (34/38 armor remaining)!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 28!

Mad Dog E
- Holds fire!
- Gains heat, sinks 20!

Turn End Phase
Legion #1
- TSM Activates!

Legion #7
- TSM Activates!

Upper Level
Lower Lower Level

Unless otherwise stated, all buildings are Heavy and rise 2 hexes above the underlying terrain

PTN’s Note: This should make things easier.

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (0/1)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (10 turns remaining)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Right. Secondary targets :facepalm:. Nice shooting folks!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
What exactly did hitting with my TSEMP cannon do? What does "target suffers from interference" mean?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

What exactly did hitting with my TSEMP cannon do? What does "target suffers from interference" mean?

It's under the effects of ECM (which means Streak SRMs function like standard SRMs, Artemis IV doesn't work, etc) and it's suffering a +2 penalty to all attacks next turn.

On the downside, firing the TSEMP also gives you a +2 penalty to hit with shooting attacks next turn.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Nice shooting Tex, I mean Elias.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's under the effects of ECM (which means Streak SRMs function like standard SRMs, Artemis IV doesn't work, etc) and it's suffering a +2 penalty to all attacks next turn.

On the downside, firing the TSEMP also gives you a +2 penalty to hit with shooting attacks next turn.

And the TSEMP needs a turn to recharge as well right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

And the TSEMP needs a turn to recharge as well right?

Yes, I forgot to mark that, thank you for the reminder!

Fortunately it's a no downsides recharge.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Nice, Mezzanon is in position to run over and kick the sphinx's leg off. Convenient that the Legion mech does exactly enough damage on a TSM kick to exactly take that amount of armor + internal structure!

Looks like the train is heading for an exit on the 6 or 17 line, but we won't know for sure for a couple of turns.

For everyone else, the Mad Dog E has no cover/a +2 move mod, and relatively quite light armor for the amount of firepower it's packing. It's probably better to try and focus fire on it before the light tanks, since you can one shot them with kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Nice, Mezzanon is in position to run over and kick the sphinx's leg off. Convenient that the Legion mech does exactly enough damage on a TSM kick to exactly take that amount of armor + internal structure!

Looks like the train is heading for an exit on the 6 or 17 line, but we won't know for sure for a couple of turns.

For everyone else, the Mad Dog E has no cover/a +2 move mod, and relatively quite light armor for the amount of firepower it's packing. It's probably better to try and focus fire on it before the light tanks, since you can one shot them with kicks.

I was considering jumping over to the woods hex right next to the Sphinx and kicking it’s leg off.

Good/bad plan? Any way I can make my jump take a whole 5 hexes or do I only jump in a straight line?

• Locked thread