Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I like the idea of going up top to interfere with repairs asap and get some kicking going in the tighter spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mezzanon posted:

Quick question, since it looks like my PPC is on my left arm:

Can I: Jump 4 hexes to 2129, face north, fire my PPC at the tank that's slightly to my left and then throw a kick at the sphinx that will be on my right?

The tank in 1926 could just decide to decline LoS to you if you move to 2129 (Tanks are shorter than mechs, they can hide behind h1 terrain entirely). For optimal damage output I'd probably look at running to 2329, facing 2328, and shooting the tank in 2827.
That gives you 6 to hit on your kick at the Sphinx, and I think 7 to hit on the tank.

The more ballsy move is to use only walking MP to give yourself even better shots: Just walk to 2229, and do the same kick the sphinx + shoot the tank in 2827. This only gives you a +1 move mod but the sphinx still needs 9s to hit, which is like 27% chance iirc.

Preserving your armor is OK too so you could jump to 2329 and push the to-hit needed by the sphinx up to 11s, but that will put you at 10 heat next turn if you just fire the hPPC. You'll be back a 5/8 for movement and would want to only run + hPPC + single AP Gauss to drop back to 9 and get your sprint speed back.

If I were playing solo I'd go with running for the +2 mod and better shot at the kick, but you have a bunch of team mates that are also about to shoot the Sphinx a whole lot so if you miss the kick it's not too big a deal.

Chronojam posted:

I like the idea of going up top to interfere with repairs asap and get some kicking going in the tighter spaces.

The Turkina Z is in the bottom tunnels!

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 2, 2018

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012
Speaking of tunnels, is it possible to charge at an an enemy mech and slam it against the tunnel wall?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

The tank in 1926 could just decide to decline LoS to you if you move to 2129 (Tanks are shorter than mechs, they can hide behind h1 terrain entirely). For optimal damage output I'd probably look at running to 2329, facing 2328, and shooting the tank in 2827.
That gives you 6 to hit on your kick at the Sphinx, and I think 7 to hit on the tank.

What about jumping to 2129, (facing 2228 firing the ppc at the tank in 2827, and throwing a kick at the sphinx?

I can decline LoS, and I have at least two woods hexes between me and the tanks in my rear.

Keeps me at the same heat, and makes me a lot harder to hit. Thoughts?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
My plan (#11, currently in 1434) is to jump forward 5 to the next set of woods and open up. The tanks in 0727 and 1727 and 1926 are all getting lit up already so I'm going to go for the one on 1623 which is #9 I believe, with a fallback to the Jagermech.

I think my to-hits are

2 base + 3 jumped + 2 range + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 implants = 10 ? Does that sound right?

+1 for partial cover and 3 less movement mod on the jagermech for 8s I think as well. Hmm maybe that should be my primary.

Again I can run or jump to 1630 for a +1 to both incoming and outgoing to-hits, and I think I still prefer the jump.

Thoughts?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good: shoot as many enemies as possible.
Bad: spread our fire too thin so that most of the enemies we shoot get to shoot back for another round before they're taken out.
Therefore: don't hesitate to target enemies that are also being shot at by allies, just use a contingency to shoot something else if your primary target is dead.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mezzanon posted:

What about jumping to 2129, (facing 2228 firing the ppc at the tank in 2827, and throwing a kick at the sphinx?

I can decline LoS, and I have at least two woods hexes between me and the tanks in my rear.

Keeps me at the same heat, and makes me a lot harder to hit. Thoughts?

Yea, that's a fine move too. Running to 2329 just lets you have the heat to fire the two AP gauss as well as the PPC at the tank, in exchange for the sphinx needing 10s to hit you instead of 11s.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

chktshadeclaw posted:

Speaking of tunnels, is it possible to charge at an an enemy mech and slam it against the tunnel wall?

IIRC, forcing a unit into a hex that it cannot occupy generally just drops the unit prone in the hex it already occupied. Not sure if that does any (extra) damage though. PTN should have the answer though and if you're planning to try this this turn, you should probably PM him the question (and post the answer here for the rest of us)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The main drawback with a charge is you don't get to fire your weapons while you do it, but enemies get to shoot at you as you close. It's worthwhile if you will definitely destroy an enemy, sometimes - see pushing a mech off-map last turn - or if you have already lost your own guns, or in other rare circumstances. But most of the time you are better off shooting.

It is worth noting that how much damage you do on a charge is relative to how many hexes you moved, so if you can get TSM going and get a 8+ hex charge, that could outweigh the "no shooting" penalty.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
If you could get a 9 hex charge off it would do 72 damage, which is a hell of a lot. Given the map though that's really really difficult to make happen and in practice is gonna be way way less effective than shooting + a 46 damage kick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah you also take damage from the collision, and I think force piloting rolls.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Yeah, charging is usually only a good idea with mechs designed for it, or when you have a chance for a really good push (off-map, off a cliff, whatever).

I don't think any of us should bother with charging unless things get really weird. Especially since we can leg almost anything in 1-2 hits tops, and you can't charge vehicles (nor protomechs, I don't think). There's no real reason to go for big charge damage when you can put all that damage to a leg with these things.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey fraction do you need the links to the shared spreadsheet and such? It's here :)

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Hey fraction do you need the links to the shared spreadsheet and such? It's here :)

I've already written things in the gdoc, so no worries. I haven't filled in the sheet yet since I'm still deciding between two moves.

Insert "I did it 35 minutes ago" joke here.

Edit: quick question for PTN: is it easier for you to receive orders by PM or email these days? Last time I was up I didn't have private messages yet but this time I do so I figure I may as well use whichever is easier for you.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 3, 2018

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Got my orders in with a nice pile of contingencies because hey our luck so far has been great and we're about to shoot tanks.

Eager to start stomping trains and kicking mechs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I vastly prefer private messages

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Fraction Jackson posted:

Yeah, charging is usually only a good idea with mechs designed for it, or when you have a chance for a really good push (off-map, off a cliff, whatever).

I don't think any of us should bother with charging unless things get really weird. Especially since we can leg almost anything in 1-2 hits tops, and you can't charge vehicles (nor protomechs, I don't think). There's no real reason to go for big charge damage when you can put all that damage to a leg with these things.

TSM + Talons is a ridiculously brutal combination because you just pop legs off like nothing. It's great.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

MJ12 posted:

TSM + Talons is a ridiculously brutal combination because you just pop legs off like nothing. It's great.

I keep going to idly build fun things in SSW but keep coming back to TSM TALONS PLASMA RIFLES YAAAAAAAAAAAAS

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ah, now there's a fun question. When the rHeavy PPC scores a TAC, does it get the TAC on the main beam or the plasma arc?

Both! :pseudo:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Makes sense to me, it means it didnt start arcing until it fully hit, at which point it was past the armor.

:science:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ah, now there's a fun question. When the rHeavy PPC scores a TAC, does it get the TAC on the main beam or the plasma arc?

Both! :pseudo:

Did you get my orders? I sent them in late, due to working four hours of overtime yesterday evening. Which is a poor excuse, because I had them ready yesterday morning, but I was waiting to see what my fellow players were planning to do in case I need to modify my orders.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yes, you're fine.

Just a general tip, particularly for newer players, you don't have to push for TSM every turn. If there's nothing to use it on next turn gunning for it (and trying to maintain it) can be very frustrating because you feel like you've got this great thing and aren't getting any payoff out of it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just remembered, I think a pilot can intentionally turn off a heat sink, right? They're double heat sinks, but still an option to intentionally not dump 2 heat by disabling a heat sink for one turn?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If the 'Mech is designed for it you can intentionally turn off half of your engine heat sinks. The Legion is designed for it but I can't recommend doing it.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I just remembered, I think a pilot can intentionally turn off a heat sink, right? They're double heat sinks, but still an option to intentionally not dump 2 heat by disabling a heat sink for one turn?

You can, but with the heat curve of these things I don't think it really helps all that much. In fact I think it actually in this case makes it even harder to achieve/maintain TSM.

Some mechs have loadouts that actually do make it easier to hit/maintain 9 heat by turning off a sink or two but these don't seem to be one of them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Now to tactically shut down and fall to reduce the chances of getting a leg kicked off. :v:

Well, that didn't work out.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 4, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

You can, but with the heat curve of these things I don't think it really helps all that much. In fact I think it actually in this case makes it even harder to achieve/maintain TSM.

Some mechs have loadouts that actually do make it easier to hit/maintain 9 heat by turning off a sink or two but these don't seem to be one of them.

Yeah I was thinking in terms of just turning off like one sink, in cases where you're sitting at 0 heat and want to hit TSM heat in the next turn. The challenge right now seems to be that we don't know if we want to hit TSM next turn, so we kind of want to float at a couple heat so it's hittable but not put ourselves in a position where we can't alpha when we need to due to overheating.

If you're jumping 5 and alpha striking you wouldn't turn off a sink, but if say you're just running this turn or something, maybe it'd be helpful.

All that aside, if our only option is to shut off half the engine sinks, that's not a good idea, agreed. Also there's still at least one enemy with plasma cannons left on the map, right? Plus you can lose sinks to crits. At some point it can get silly trying to micro your heat for future turns.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Now to tactically shut down and fall to reduce the chances of getting a leg kicked off. :v:

Aint that a kick in the head.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

PoptartsNinja posted:

That would imply that the sphinx has a problem. :)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

:f5:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 3

Three enemy tanks detonated nearly simultaneously just moments after they pulled out of the open mining tunnels. Syd’s Magnetic Resonance scanners detected no traces of the germanium this mine had theoretically been created to extract, but magnetite deposits reflected his scans at regular intervals. The ore was likely low quality and not worth extracting unless the Clans got desperate, but it was also the perfect way to cover the emissions of a BattleMech fusion reactor or thirty. Coupled with its remote location, the Society could’ve been operating this base for decades with minimal chance for discovery.

“Enemy ‘Mech forces are drawing back,” Rubiks-2 transmitted to the Legion’s text chat in a micro-burst. The small-packet transmissions were harder to jam than typical voice channels. They could be sent over much higher frequencies and transmission time was short enough that the risk of interception was equally low. Most Mechwarriors didn’t have time to read in combat, but with their cybernetics fully linked and set to combat speeds ten seconds felt like a minute.

“They’ve learned they don’t want to face our gun line,” Syd replied. “They want to try to draw us into the tunnels and cut us down one or two at a time.”

It was an obvious enough analysis that no one raised any competing theories. So Syd appended his transmission with, “Mass forces and enter a single tunnel? y/n”

Movement Phase
Legion #3 (Player)
- Invalid final facing: Hex 0734 is not adjacent, original facing kept.

Shooting Phase
Legion #1 (Player)
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #8 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heat - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #8 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heat - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 7(+16=23) heat, sinks 24!

Legion #2 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #8 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 9, hit Turret (0/14 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Turret blown off! Tank destroyed!
- Fires TSEMP at Mithras #8 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 10, hit!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #8 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0930!
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mad Dog E (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 22(+3=25) heat, sinks 24!

Legion #4 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0829!
- No Line of Sight to Primary Target!
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #5 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 11, hit Front (0/16 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Tank destroyed!
- Gains 25(+3=28) heat, sinks 24!

Legion #5 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #6 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Side (0/14 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Tank destroyed!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Sphinx (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (0/20 armor remaining)!
- Plasma arcs to Miss!
- Fires TSEMP Cannon at Sphinx (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Sphinx Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cybernetics = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Sphinx Sphinx (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cybernetics = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 37 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #7 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #7 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Sphinx (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (19/34 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Plasma arcs to Right Torso (9/23 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires TSEMP Cannon at Sphinx (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 32(+1=33) heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #9 (Player)
- - Fires Light PPC at Mad Dog E (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 1 cybernetics = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #10 (Player)
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #11 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #10 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #10 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light PPC at Mithras #10 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 11, hit Front (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #12 (Player)
- Mithras #8 already destroyed!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at JagerMech IIC (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (14/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at JagerMech IIC (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (Damage blocked)!
- Fires Light PPC JagerMech IIC (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (9/23 armor remaining)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Hellbringer Z
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 32!

Sphinx
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11) :rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11):rolled 11, hit Center Torso (33/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (27/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (28/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 interference = 1 light woods = 11): Rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 76 heat, sinks 46! Overheating!

JagerMech IIC
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #12 (Rubiks-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (16/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #12 (Rubiks-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #12 (Rubiks-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #12 (Rubiks-4) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 28!

Mad Dog E
- Fires HAG-30 at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires HAG-30 at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 11, 18 pellets hit Left Torso (15/24 armor remaining), Left Arm (20/24 armor remaining), Right Torso (15/24 armor remaining), Right Leg (30/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Mithras #5
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #5 (Nephilim-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Legion #5 (Nephilim-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods = 12): rolled 10, miss!

Mithras #6
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #5 (Nephilim-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Legion #5 (Nephilim-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 4 heavy woods = 12): rolled 5, miss!

Mithras #7
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #7 (Predator-2) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!

Mithras #8
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Legion #1 (Angel-1) (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (36/38 armor remaining)!

Mithras #9
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #10 (Rubiks-2) (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 3, miss!

Mithras #10
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #10 (Rubiks-2) (5 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!

End Phase:
Sphinx
- Shuts down due to excessive heat!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): automatic failure!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 base + 1 massive damage + 2 avoiding damage = 8): automatic failure!
- Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (8/11 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - XL Engine hit!

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #7 (Player)
- Kicks Sphinx (3 base + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 prone adjacent target - 2 kick = 5): rolled 10, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! ’Mech Destroyed

Upper Level
Lower Lower Level

Unless otherwise stated, all buildings are Heavy and rise 2 hexes above the underlying terrain

PTN’s Note: This should make things easier.

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (0/1)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (7 turns remaining)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 5, 2018

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

Rabbit Warren Update 3

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #7 (Player)
- Kicks Sphinx (3 base + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 prone adjacent target - 2 kick = 5): rolled 10, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! ’Mech Destroyed

Welp, I missed my PPC shot at the tank, but at least I soccer balled that Sphinx's head right off.

Edit: hey PTN just a question, did the Sphinx still have the + to hit from me hitting it with the EMP cannon last turn? I didn't see it on its rolls and it would mean I got hit with fewer lasers. I know in the google docs we had the sphinx hitting on 11's because of the emp cannon, so not sure if I am wrong or not.

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 4, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey PTN, it's minor, but my orders were to land facing 2030. Gives me a straight shot to run the diagonal that direction next turn.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Thank you PTN for accepting my orders!

To everyone else: Sorry, those were not my final orders my mind read midnight tuesday as midnight thursday so I actually just shot of an order question to PTN. Luckily he accepted them as actual orders. (even if they weren't finalized) also compounded by me not seeing basically anyone submitting orders to the google doc (because I was on the wrong tab)

PTN: Disregard my new turn two orders :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Hey PTN, it's minor, but my orders were to land facing 2030. Gives me a straight shot to run the diagonal that direction next turn.

Fixed on my end.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I might not run at all anyway since those guys are retreating, but I like having the option.

Also it's kind of OK that jng2058 missed putting in his orders, he can handle that vehicle that got past us down in the right corner on his next move/fire this turn.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Poor Sphinx just wanted to be grossly incandescent

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Getting to the Turkina Z in time to stop it looks to be pretty tight. AJ Impy could theoretically get there in 5 turns but that doesn't account for his path being blocked by something.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

End Phase:
Sphinx
- Shuts down due to excessive heat!

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #7 (Player)

Wow. There's battletech dice, and then there's... that.

That was snatching Da-feet from the jaws of victory right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

Getting to the Turkina Z in time to stop it looks to be pretty tight. AJ Impy could theoretically get there in 5 turns but that doesn't account for his path being blocked by something.

Just blow up the electrical substation or something.

• Locked thread