Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

That was my intuition, thanks for mapping it out. I only a couple of us have shots on the mad dog up top.

That's me at 1630. I can run to 1827 (I think. 6 movement this turn), alpha, and end up at 9 heat for a sweet kick on turn 4. Though that might not be relevant if only the lights will be within 5 of me that turn.

Or, I could jump one hex further for +2 defensive move mod and +1 to-hit, and lay off the ppc for a turn.

As I was writing up orders I noticed I can't make it to 1827 since 1629 is heavy not light woods. So, jumping it is. I'll head to 1726 where I can hit the tanks in 1621 and deny los to the ones in 1522.

e: Bleh they can deny los to 1726, and leperflesh is going to 1826. Well poo poo.

Fuzzy Mammal fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
TSEMP does no damage and penalizes all your shooting by +2 the turn after you fire it. That's a pretty severe downside if you haveno better reason to fire it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

As I was writing up orders I noticed I can't make it to 1827 since 1629 is heavy not light woods. So, jumping it is. I'll head to 1726 where I can hit the tanks in 1621 and deny los to the ones in 1522.

e: Bleh they can deny los to 1726, and leperflesh is going to 1826. Well poo poo.

I can change my orders to jump to 1926, but that means I can no longer opt to deny LOS to the guys in 1522. I could eat fire from all four light tanks. I'm willing to do it, but there'd need to be a strong reason. Which mech are you again? You could maybe jump to where you want to be?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

TSEMP does no damage and penalizes all your shooting by +2 the turn after you fire it. That's a pretty severe downside if you haveno better reason to fire it.

whaaat, I don't remember that? Am I effectively +4 penalty firign this turn because I alpha'd last turn and am at +2 penalty already due to heat? Fffff

The Sarna reference for the TSEMP cannon says it's a fire every-other-turn weapon, does mention "sensor and electronic system" interference, but does not have game rules. I don't have Interstellar ops or any of the field manual or era reports mentioned, so I haven't been able to look it up.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 6, 2018

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

whaaat, I don't remember that? Am I effectively +4 penalty firign this turn because I alpha'd last turn and am at +2 penalty already due to heat? Fffff

Yes. From my time with them in the Com*Star mission, I learned that switching off between them is the best solution when you have 2 TSEMPs.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

I can change my orders to jump to 1926, but that means I can no longer opt to deny LOS to the guys in 1522. I could eat fire from all four light tanks. I'm willing to do it, but there'd need to be a strong reason. Which mech are you again? You could maybe jump to where you want to be?

Yeah it's fine I think I'll go to 1828

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

welp. So if I fire my PPC, even if I leave out the gauss, I'll end the turn at 13 + 5 (jump) + 20 = 38 heat, sink 24, and end the turn at 14 heat. Yuck. Or I can just not fire a primary weapon and drop to 0 heat. No other choices really.

Fuzzy Mammal maybe you should take that good firing position and I can hold back and plink gauss at something?

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Okay, my orders are in. Lots of contingency targets since I fire last and any of these tanks could just explode very quickly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Definitely put down things to shoot even if you think it won't get there. Find something that ought to be alive though, if you're concerned about keeping some heat up.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
PTN I’ll get my orders in in about 4 hours. Please don’t start rolling dice yet!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You've got time, don't worry. It's still Saturday.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Contrary to my earlier thought about shooting radio towers, if I'm taking the left tunnel and move this turn to where I'll be most likely to be able to shoot at things soonest, I don't think I'll have LOS. If someone else wants to drop the center tower with a spare shot or contingency order, go ahead.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 8, 2018

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Orders in. After quadruple-checking everything since my brain is still messed up from a cold.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Contrary to my earlier thought about shooting radio towers, if I'm taking the left tunnel and move this turn to where I'll be most likely to be able to shoot at things soonest, I don't think I'll have LOS. If someone else wants to drop the center tower with a spare shot or contingency order, go ahead.

I promise you they're just fluff.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I promise you they're just fluff.

You said kill everything. I'm taking the pot shot to keep my heat up.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Still fun to shoot things. But if it makes your part harder for no purpose feel free to ignore the shooting order.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Think I'll jump 5 to 2626 end facing north, shoot ppc at the mad dog

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mezzanon posted:

Think I'll jump 5 to 2626 end facing north, shoot ppc at the mad dog

You don't have los from there, too low level. You have to be on 2425 or 2525

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Still fun to shoot things. But if it makes your part harder for no purpose feel free to ignore the shooting order.

Nah, light buildings have 15 CP, you can knock 'em over without any issues.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Piss: amending my orders.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Orders in; jumping #9 straight north, taking a parting potshot at the Mithras that remains-- he should be in the right twist arc.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Okay maybe let's not get fancy, maybe I'll just run over and hang out with the rest of my squad. Run over to 1726, and fire at the tanks if I have LoS

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My kingdom for a Long Tom

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

....Does the Society have an upgraded Long Tom variant or anything?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

PoptartsNinja posted:

And yet another reason for me to go left.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I forgot the Mithras had a targeting computer.

Finally, the tractors will have their vengeance! There is only one painted Mithras tank on Camospecs

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 8, 2018

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

Leith Maclaine posted:

And yet another reason for me to go left.

You didn't want to death ball with the rest of us?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I mean, they don't have a Long Tom. Deathballing seems to be the way to go?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Artificer posted:

....Does the Society have an upgraded Long Tom variant or anything?

No. Presumably they would have access to the Naga and they do have TAG, so they could do Homing AIV/TAG shenanigans, though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 4

Most of the Rim World Army considered the Legion to be without pride. Most of the Rim World Army had also never seen more than a dozen people in the towns and villages where they’d grown up in the sparsely populated Rim World Republic. While the Legion had willingly chosen to let themselves become the instruments of Stefan Amaris VII’s will, they were still first and foremost Mechwarriors, which meant they were just as competitive as any elite unit, even if they didn’t acknowledge individual credit for kills. Wars were a team effort, after all, it hardly mattered who could stamp the most ‘Mech silhouettes next to their cockpit glass.

The Legion’s competitions were nearly always ones of positioning: who could take the most ideal position first, and who could best turn a less-than-ideal position into an asset. This time, it was Diana Mendez’s chance to shine. While the others jockeyed for ideal positions from which to storm the mine entrances, Diana had lingered and waited—and sure enough a surviving enemy battle tractor came rumbling up behind, trying to flank the others. They even got a hasty shot off when her heavy BattleMech landed right next to them, scoring the armor protecting her right arm.

With an almost clinical neatness she tore the little combat vehicle in half with her ‘Mech’s taloned feet, spilling the corpses of its two-man crew onto Circe’s hard-packed earth.

Movement Phase
Legion #3 (Player)
- Unable to enter hex 0527, hex already occupied! Movement ends in hex 0627!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Unable to enter hex 0627, hex already occupied! Movement ends in hex 0628!

Shooting Phase
Legion #1 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #2 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC, AP Gauss Rifle, and AP Gauss Rifle at nothing meaningful to maintain heat.
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #4 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #5 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #4 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Holds fire!

Legion #7 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #3 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #3 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #3 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #4 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #4 (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 11): rolled 11, hit Front (13/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Mithras #4 (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 24(+24=48) heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #9 (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #10 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #7 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 6): rolled 11, hit Rear (0/9 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #7 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Side (5/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light PPC at Mithras #7 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #11 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at SM1 Tank Destroyer (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at SM1 Tank Destroyer (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light PPC at SM1 Tank Destroyer (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 10, hit Turret (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #12 (Player)
- Mithras #8 already destroyed!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #3 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Front (7/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Mithras #3 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Front (0/16 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Tank destroyed!
- Fires Light PPC Mithras #3 (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 6, miss!

Hellbringer Z
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 32!

JagerMech IIC
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 28!

Mad Dog E
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Mithras #1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #8 (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (30/38 armor remaining)!

Mithras #1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #8 (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 6, miss!

SM1 Tank Destroyer
- Holds fire!

Ares Medium Tank
- Holds fire!

Mithras #3
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #8 (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, miss!

Mithras #4
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #8 (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/24 armor remaining)!

Mithras #7
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #10 (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/24 armor remaining)!

Mithras #9
- Holds fire!

Mithras #10
- Holds fire!

End Phase:

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #10 (Player)
- Kicks Mithras #7 (3 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 2 kick = 6): rolled 8, hit Front (0/16 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Tank destroyed!

Upper Level
Lower Ground Floor

Unless otherwise stated, all buildings are Heavy and rise 2 hexes above the underlying terrain

PTN’s Note: This should make things easier.

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (0/1)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (6 turns remaining)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Hm, this is a bit of a pickle positioning wise!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Haha yeah. I wonder if we should enter the tunnel to chase the train, or cut it off by going in the east tunnel, taking down the stationary mech up top along the way. Maybe both?

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Haha yeah. I wonder if we should enter the tunnel to chase the train, or cut it off by going in the east tunnel, taking down the stationary mech up top along the way. Maybe both?

I mean...placed correctly, the only things that can shoot us seem to be a Mithras and the caboose.

On the flip side, if we move that way, most of us won't have shots on the lead car, which is the easiest way to meet the objective.

Worth thinking about, but I'm not 100% sure either way on it.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012
Remember to set contingency targets, people. A lot of these guys can go down in one or two hits

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm heading up to hurt the Mad Dog.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

I'm heading up to hurt the Mad Dog.

I think probably we want two or three mechs to jump up there total, if we're sending anyone. It's gonna be a... target-rich environment.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Who going to blink first.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Leperflesh posted:

I think probably we want two or three mechs to jump up there total, if we're sending anyone. It's gonna be a... target-rich environment.

Keep our options open, either meet them en masse as they emerge or pick a fresh dance partner to deny them any shots. Everything needs to die eventually.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

Keep our options open, either meet them en masse as they emerge or pick a fresh dance partner to deny them any shots. Everything needs to die eventually.

Yeah, and I'm not real picky about the order we kill stuff in. My main concern is that we keep moving as we have been, i.e. limiting how many enemy units have shots back at any of us on a given turn.

If we want, we could actually have a few go after both the MD and Jager to clear the top corridors a bit, in lieu of trying to hurt the land train this turn. I'm not 100% on this plan either but I figured I'd throw it out there as food for thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm probably going in from the left, just wanting to make sure my facing.

• Locked thread