Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
IGNORE ME

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

paragon1 posted:

I suppose now would be a good time to mention that you can get a cybernetic hand that can detach from you and move around on its fingers like Thing from the Addams family in the tabletop.

I think this was meant for the Shadowrun thread, but now I'm imagining how this could be relevant in Battletech instead. Both are Catalyst properties now, so there's that going for it!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Psion posted:

LRM70 Stalkers.

wait, wrong solution ... or wrong problem. :v:

LRM70 stalkers are NEVER the wrong solution. If they're point blank, should have invested in 0 minimum distance clan lrms

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

GhostStalker posted:

I think this was meant for the Shadowrun thread, but now I'm imagining how this could be relevant in Battletech instead. Both are Catalyst properties now, so there's that going for it!

Goddammit

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Zaodai posted:

And on top of that, if the ammo cooks off it'll blow up with enough power to level a small city. It's win-win.

Nah, Poptarts changed the ammo explosion rules so that it caps at 20 damage per bin, 10 if you have CASE, and 1 if you have CASE II.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ok, here are my options:

1) Roll with it. #9 and #12 switch positions, #12 remains out of the fight with its Sin battle armor active. I don't need to make any changes, #9's movement continues from #12's current position. This will let me update normally tomorrow.

2) Rollback the damage, find out what should've been applied to #9, and apply it to the right target. This will probably keep me from updating tomorrow because there's no way I can make the necessary changes today (I simply don't have time on Tuesdays).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

#9 won't mind taking the damage, I've been spared a lot of fire as it is. Either way works for me, really.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
It just looks like the physical needs to be applied to 9's right leg instead of mine.

The shooting phase looks good. The Highlander took my torso and critical my lower leg actuator, but I stay standing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so I need to send orders, but I dont have our docs linked on my kindle... a mech can share space/move through friendly infantry so I can move to either of 1312 or 1211, can someone verify either move to be sure I don't block someone else's orders? alternately if both spaces are already spoken-for I can take a shooting position a hex or three north of there.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

It's a natural. The Battletech game already has one Dekker in it (though perhaps not for very long).

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Narsham posted:

It's a natural. The Battletech game already has one Dekker in it (though perhaps not for very long).

PTN's Dekker still lives, though his Glitch bought it a while back.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Come to think of it, Glitch's backstory is pretty cyberpunk...

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Coming down to the wire, communication and coordination is going to be important to have a chance at dropping all three remaining enemy mechs. Players, please remember to use the documents if at all possible.

Turn planning sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d8hrDcDn2IrreJ9vXbt79XvSc8gfBxgFQrb8C3vnNAw/edit?usp=sharing

Strategy discussion doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpmcI1W-vd88_VLjvl901gdDHccI-HNO4m4wHDySuZY/edit?usp=sharing

Leperflesh posted:

so I need to send orders, but I dont have our docs linked on my kindle... a mech can share space/move through friendly infantry so I can move to either of 1312 or 1211, can someone verify either move to be sure I don't block someone else's orders? alternately if both spaces are already spoken-for I can take a shooting position a hex or three north of there.

Nobody's reported planning to move into either of those hexes, but only three of us have entered orders in the spreadsheet as of now. No idea what others are planning.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 23, 2018

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Leperflesh posted:

I can basically only half-safely take 1211, but nowhere else is decent at all for me, so 1312 might be your best bet.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Coming down to the wire, communication and coordination is going to be important to have a chance at dropping all three remaining enemy mechs. Players, please remember to use the documents if at all possible.

Turn planning sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d8hrDcDn2IrreJ9vXbt79XvSc8gfBxgFQrb8C3vnNAw/edit?usp=sharing

Strategy discussion doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpmcI1W-vd88_VLjvl901gdDHccI-HNO4m4wHDySuZY/edit?usp=sharing

Nobody's reported planning to move into either of those hexes, but only three of us have entered orders in the spreadsheet as of now. No idea what others are planning.

Also I think it's you in the doc that might be jumping to somewhere you can't because of the ceiling? You might wanna check that. I keep forgetting about it myself.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fraction Jackson posted:

I can basically only half-safely take 1211, but nowhere else is decent at all for me, so 1312 might be your best bet.

Also I think it's you in the doc that might be jumping to somewhere you can't because of the ceiling? You might wanna check that. I keep forgetting about it myself.

See what I mean? Coordination helps find fuckups like that before they get submitted.

I'll get it sorted out when I get back to my computer.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

GhostStalker posted:

Noooooo not Glitch! She is the best character! :(

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

See what I mean? Coordination helps find fuckups like that before they get submitted.

I'll get it sorted out when I get back to my computer.

I think a lot of people are waiting until the deadline to put in their planned orders where they weren't before. Which happens. I know I've been cutting it close a couple times.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
So, here's the plan. #9 and #12 please submit orders as if you're both still BattleMechs, I'm negating the Thunderbolt's kick (I was going to have the Highlander kick #12 and applied the damage to the wrong target).

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Noooooo not Glitch! She is the best character! :(

It's OK, my 3rd or 4th ComStar spy has the same voice actor.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

lmao

Oh man.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Glitch, but with finely tuned cybernetics underneath her new face, obviously.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, here's the plan. #9 and #12 please submit orders as if you're both still BattleMechs, I'm negating the Thunderbolt's kick (I was going to have the Highlander kick #12 and applied the damage to the wrong target).

Got it. I'm still down a torso, two engine crits, and a lower leg crit. With a jump of 3 I should probably just try to run in and get another kick if possible.

EDIT: Oh wait, 1211 and 1312 are the only places I could really do that from and they are spoken for now. Okay, shooting from a bit back it is. Any SINs doing swarms please stop. Rather not shoot you on accident.

Farseli fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 23, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

lmao

Oh man.

50% of my crew are ComStar acolytes. I like tactics and hiring people who started at Tactics 8 or 9 saves me the trouble of leveling it. These people are nearly always ComStar acolytes (one of them is, IIRC, 2 ComStar acolytes!)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fraction Jackson posted:

You know what's funny? I had planned some non-viable orders as was pointed out, but they were non-viable for a completely different reason than I'd thought. So now that's been clarified, thank you.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
On mobile right now I am jumping over and either leg attacking the hellstar or if I can’t, the mech 2 hexes south of me. Trying to get that tac.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

3rd, you hired on Shrike after Wolfman and Kingwood. And both of those two had amazing Tactics scores, so I can't blame you for taking tons of C* spies that you didn't even notice until chat pointed them out to you.

Night10194 posted:

Glitch, but with finely tuned cybernetics underneath her new face, obviously.

You joke, but Shrike is black and has a different hair color than Glitch. But that's exactly what C* would do in the first place to eliminate suspicion, wouldn't it?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 23, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok guys im going to submit orders now to go to 1312.

run 4 hexes (7 mp) to 1312 facing 1313. Fire rHPPC and 2x APGauss at 1313, or if it's dead, 1315. Kick 1313.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 23, 2018

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Oh poo poo I missed PTN's post until just now; welp

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Chronojam posted:

Oh poo poo I missed PTN's post until just now; welp

If you haven't seen me post today you still have time.

Edit: The one thing I don't want to do is beg for orders, so please: if you're late, just send them.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 23, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 14

Albin Boyd would have smashed his fist into Legion #12’s control panel if he could have. The DI Computer kept flashing critical damage and ejection prompts across his vision, having apparently decided the Legion’s right leg had been blown off. In between canceling each prompt he did what he could to force it to re-diagnose the Legion’s damage and after a few tense moments the alerts ended. He’d be hard pressed to say the Legion’s leg was “fine,” but it was functional enough to keep him in the fight.

He fired a violet pulse from his surviving laser at the Clan’s Awesome analogue, and followed up with a shot from his light PPC, trying to keep the pilot on his toes—or at least distract them long enough for an ally to get close. He watched Legion #5 fall without a trace of emotion—fortunately, the Clans hadn’t gotten it into their heads to try stomping the solitary power armor suits now milling around at their feet. As long as the Legion’s pilots survived, they could make do with any machines they captured. They couldn’t seize direct control of enemy machines under battlefield conditions—yet—but in another decade or two? Well, anything was possible.

Shooting Phase
Sin #1 (Player)
- Attacks the Osteon C’s legs (3 base + 0 surviving troopers + 3 enemy movement + 1 protected actuators - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 3, miss!

Legion #2 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1212!
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 minimum range - 1 cybernetics = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Sin #4 (Player)
- Holds fire!

Legion #5 (Player)
- Fires TSEMP Cannon at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 5, hit! Rolled 5, no effect!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- - Plasma arcs to Left Torso (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (38/40 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (36/40 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24!

Sin #7 (Player)
- Attacks the Hellstar’s legs (3 base + 0 surviving troopers + 0 enemy movement - 1 exposed actuators - 1 cybernetics = 1): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (8/20 structure remaining)! Crit! Crit!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Osteon C (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (34/36 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #9 (Player)
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #10 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Hellstar (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Arm (14/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Hellstar (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (21/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light PPC at Hellstar (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (25/30 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #11 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #12 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Hellstar (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 2): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (23/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light PPC at Hellstar (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (18/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Osteon C
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Legion #3 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (7/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Legion #3 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (7/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Legion #3 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Legion #3 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/24 armor, 9/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

Hellstar 2
- Fires ER PPC at Legion #3 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (0/24 armor, 10/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Legion #3 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (0/24 armor, 10/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Legion #3 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (0/12 structure remaining)! Left arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (4/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Legion #3 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/16 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Engine hit! Engine hit!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (14/38 armor remaining)!
- Gains 60 heat, sinks 50! Overheating!

King Cobra
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1215!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Legion #5 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/38 armor, 11/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #5 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (2/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Legion #5 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/12 structure remaining (arm blown off!)), Left Leg (21/32 armor remaining), Center Torso (9/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (20/32 armor remaining), Right Leg (5/32 armor remaining), Left Torso (22/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Legion #5 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (4/32 armor remaining), Center Torso (7/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (5/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (21/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (3/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (1/23 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 32!

End Phase:
Hellstar
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Left upper leg actuator hit!
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 2 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 9, succeeds!

Legion #3
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Legion #5
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - TSEMP Damaged!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - TSEMP Destroyed!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine destroyed! Mech destroyed!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #3 (Player)
- Kicks Hellstar (3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (0/20 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (7/45 armor remaining)!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Kicks Osteon C (3 base + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (16/36 armor remaining)!

Osteon C
- Kicks Legion #6 (5 base + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 kick = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (16/32 armor remaining)!

Hellstar
- Kicks Legion #3 (4 base + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (16/32 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Osteon C
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Legion #3
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 7, succeeds!

Legion #6
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage + 0 kicked - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 7, succeeds!

Upper Level
Lower Ground Floor

Unless otherwise stated, all buildings are Heavy and rise 2 hexes above the underlying terrain

PTN’s Note: This should make things easier.

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (Complete!)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (Complete!)
- Win before Turn 15 (1 turn remaining)!

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

So we can probably put three Legions on each target at kick range if we arrange everything correctly. That plus shooting has a decent enough chance to mission kill both of them. Leg attacks from the Sins for good measure to make sure they fall down and take extra damage if they don't get legged might be a good idea.

Hitting the objective right on the deadline is still possible.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

@ptn, hellstar should be at 10 overheat now, I believe.

@the team, I'm thinking some tsemp shots are in order, I'm at three heat so I could stand still and rHPPC +TSEMP at the king cobra and, assuming it doest take out one of my legs, be at 9 heat next turn for a hot kick of death option.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the Hellstar's out since it's been legged so it's just time to focus down the King Cobra.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Just the King Cobra and the really stubbornly durable Osteon C left standing now.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
You guys want me to do a leg attack on 0811 or 1313?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I think a leg attack on the Osteon hitting the left leg and rolling a really lucky 12 for the crit table is the only chance to put it away this turn. It's positioned so no one can get a hit on that left leg guaranteed.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
If I run I can get to 1218. Doesn't look like I can hit anything from there though?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I think a leg attack on the Osteon hitting the left leg and rolling a really lucky 12 for the crit table is the only chance to put it away this turn. It's positioned so no one can get a hit on that left leg guaranteed.

I can jump to 1810 and kick it, plus there's always the chance of a head shot...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm running to 1414, unloading on the King Cobra and TSM kicking it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
So.

I was going to ask you to help me pick which of these worked better:

But the compact one (#2) is so much better than the old style one I'm just going to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Second one looks fantastic!

e: Also cannot wait to play some post timeskip fun after binging the gently caress out of so much HBS battletech. I'm imagining that things might feel semi similar.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 23, 2018

• Locked thread