Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Founds some footage of the scale prototype "Riot Control" Urbanmech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Plasma Rifle...

ULTRA MODE??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have no recollection if i've sent orders, sorry... next deadline is tuesday night, right? I will send orders tonight, i'll have wifi at tonight's airbnb.

Today we're going to giant's causeway which is basically a battletech map in real life, although not quite to scale.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Leperflesh posted:

Today we're going to giant's causeway which is basically a battletech map in real life, although not quite to scale.

Now that you've posted this you have to upload video of yourself stomping around and torso twisting

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Xarbala posted:

this explains why the line devs forgot about it

:smith:

Also I really wish HBS BattleTech had Chargers in it. Chargers are just fun.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Tarezax posted:

Plasma Rifle...

ULTRA MODE??

Typo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Or is it...? :thunk:

It'd be the kind of thing you'd see a Mary Sue character have as their ride on Solaris. With a long setup about how people thought he was crazy to drive a lowly Urbie, before it reveals he's having these thoughts in the cockpit as he surreptitiously toggles the Plasma Rifle to Ultra mode, an addition him and his drunken, probably paralyzed uncle built in the sewers of the city to keep it from being discovered by the big stables.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

That actually looks like a decent Clint. The original wasn't terrible, just wasn't used much. The riot control Urbie looks like a war crime waiting to happen though.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

A player has had something come up unexpectedly (it's a holiday weekend, it's not too shocking), and asked for an extension.

I'll find some way to entertain you in the interim. Maybe I'll stream some BattleTech, or maybe I'll start in on Hearts of Chaos the second (and weakest) of the Camachos Caballeros novels. Or maybe someone will twist my arm and I'll reveal some timeskip plans. I just got home from work and need to get settled, so we'll see.

can we twist your arm enough to make you finish ghost war? I don't want to watch you suffer, but your let's reads are amusing as hell. I really just want to see your reactions to everything dickhead actual starts pontificating about later on in the book about how the duke's daughter is hot

Stravag fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 28, 2018

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

seaborgium posted:

That actually looks like a decent Clint. The original wasn't terrible, just wasn't used much. The riot control Urbie looks like a war crime waiting to happen though.

That Urbie is 100% built for warcriming. If they wanted to go the non-warcrime riot control route, they'd at least give it a water cannon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

Now that you've posted this you have to upload video of yourself stomping around and torso twisting

I've got some photos on my camera now, but no video and I was not exactly stomping or torso twisting, sorry.

Leperflesh posted:

I can jump to 1810 and kick it, plus there's always the chance of a head shot...
sending these orders now, someone please object if they need to change

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 28, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Magni posted:

That Urbie is 100% built for warcriming. If they wanted to go the non-warcrime riot control route, they'd at least give it a water cannon.

It IS surprising there's not an Urbie variant with a Fluid Gun, now that you mention it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Stravag posted:

can we twist your arm enough to make you finish ghost war? I don't want to watch you suffer, but your let's reads are amusing as hell. I really just want to see your reactions to everything dickhead actual starts pontificating about later on in the book about how the duke's daughter is hot

or go way back and go for the Warrior trilogy, we didn't get to my favorite line!

not even I am cruel enough to suggest DRT/Main Event/whatever poo poo book you probably abandoned for the sake of sanity. I fully support your health over reading that garbage.

well, now anyway. I'm sure I suggested it before. :v:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Defiance Industries posted:

It IS surprising there's not an Urbie variant with a Fluid Gun, now that you mention it.

The poor pilots already have to drive a 'Mech that looks like a fire hydrant, let's not make the jokes any easier for the hotshot Wasp jocks

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Whoa crazy, I found this thing and it says its from the future!

quote:

We interrupt tonight's broadcast of The Stonehearts to bring you a message from Defiance Industries...

We see the bustling floor of a production line at Defiance Industries' Hesperus II facility. Slowly, the camera zooms in on faces. A sunglasses-wearing technician tightens bolts with a socket wrench and a smile. A sunglasses-wearing engineer circles a key point on a schematic using a grease pencil. A sunglasses-wearing OmniMech gets a new cigar with the help of a crane. The camera pans across a whole assembly crew, all working together and all wearing sunglasses, until it settles on a familiar face. A man in sharp business clothing turns to the camera, taking sunglasses out of his pocket to slip them on dramatically.

"We're here to take a sneak peek at the newest production line here at Defiance Industries," Defiance Industries VP of Marketing Daniel Namni-Brewer said in a stage-whisper. "It's been a long process getting all our new products out to our brave men and women on the front, but finally, I can share them. But let's not bother these fine folks any longer! Why don't we step into my office?"

The slick marketing exec grabs the edge of the screen and gives it a pull to the side, swapping the background for a sleek, modern office with a window overlooking the factory floor. Daniel Namni-Brewer, who would be happy to remind you that he is 11th in line to be Duke of Hesperus and CEO of the company once the cameras stop rolling, takes a seat not behind the desk, but on top of it, because he's cool and casual like that. "What you were just looking at was Defiance Industries' newest assault OmniMech. When we designed it, we wanted something that was formidable and nearly indestructible, but also extremely cool. So what's cool? Well, sunglasses, for one. Humans have known sunglasses make you look cool for centuries, but only one other 'Mech has taken advantage of that."

Text briefly flashes at the bottom of the screen: He's talking about the Banshee, which is also available from Defiance Industries in a number of fine models.

"Our engineers liked the design so much that we not only incorporated it into the 'Mech, but also gave free sunglasses to everyone in the company! Still, we also needed a name, and what captures the imagination and embodies our fighting spirit like the humble Hauptmann? A fighting man, but an officer. Sophisticated, but humble. Educated, but he works for a living. Behind his stern visage, complete with a stern look and cigar to chomp, lies the mind of a leader who fights hard to bring everyone home safe."

The faces of famous Hauptmanns past float over the screen as Brewer appears to grow a little misty-eyed. Finally, the OmniMech appears in its full glory before the viewer. Its squat body and back-canted legs support a heavy autocannon on one shoulder as well as a large laser in each arm, and most importantly, a sweet pair of sunglasses and a cigar laser.

"The Hauptmann features cutting-edge technology that only comes standard on a handful of units in the Inner Sphere. Its advantages start at its core: the Hauptmann is the Inner Sphere's heaviest NewTech 'Mech, and as if that wasn't enough, it incorporates modular Omni technology, providing technicians the ability to reconfigure systems in a matter of hours and get the Mech back on the field much faster. The 95-ton HA3-0 Hauptmann OmniMech is a tribute to the strength of the Star League and the technological sophistication of Defiance Industries engineers." As if to demonstrate, the mockup of the Hauptmann had its laser-tipped arms slide off to be replaced by a pair of PPCs in the blink of an eye. Then just as quickly, the shoulder Autocannon popped off and a Gauss Rifle slid into place before SRM pods replaced the PPCs in its arms.

"The Hauptmann uses four standard variants, designated HA3-0 through HA3-0C," Brewer started. "They start with the base chassis, which uses a Pitban 285 to maintain a respectable top speed of 54 kph. The design mounts the maximum amount of protection possible, because just like every Hauptmann wants their company home safe, we feel the same about you. The design also features extended torso twist to prevent dangerous flankers from attacking your unprotected rear unpunished. And just like its namesake, the Hauptmann features advanced command and coordination equipment, and CASE to protect from ammunition explosions. Most, like the HA3-0, prioritize upgrading to CASE II as a reflection of our promise to keep you safe."

The mockup returned to its original design as Brewer began to point out key features. "All standard models of the Hauptmann use heat-dissipating armor, but as always, it's easy to reconfigure a machine to meet pilot needs thanks to Omni technology and good old-fashioned Defiance Industries design excellent. They also have something else in common: they're all built around a main gun and a secondary arsenal. The HA3-0 is built around a 150mm Defiance Disintegrator Autocannon/20, backed up by a pair of Defiance B5L Large Lasers and, of course, the design's signature small laser. The B variant lets pilots cut loose with a pair of Model 910 PPCs instead of the Large Lasers, but pilots will need to mind their heat even more, especially when you're firing that devastating Autocannon at double-fire, absolutely shredding anything that dares to stand up to you."

"But what if an AC/20 just doesn't feel right to you? Well, don't worry, there's still variants to go," Brewer faked a chuckle. "The A variant features a Defiance Hammerblow Heavy Gauss Rifle, which can crush an enemy even from a distance. But if they get close? You've got nothing to worry about with a pair of TharHes Harpoon SRM-6s in your arms! Anyone who thinks a Hauptmann-A is vulnerable up close is in for a small laser cigar-shaped surprise, especially with the targeting computer package we've installed in this variant."

"You're looking for missiles, you say? You feel like the B4M Medium Laser, long the workhorse of the Defiance Industries line, is underused? Well, we built the Hauptmann-C for you. A TharHes Ballista LRM-6 rack serves as your left-torso 'main gun,' and you'll remember why these missiles used to be called 'Thunderbolts' when you're blasting your enemies with them!"

Text flashes at the bottom of the screen: Not to be confused with the BattleMech, Thunderbolt, which is also available from Defiance Industries.

"Naturally, your enemies will try to get in close rather than deal with firepower of that magnitude, so we also fitted you with two B4M Medium Lasers in each arm as well as a Defiance Industries Model 930 Snub-Nosed PPC in your right torso to keep them off you." He paused for a moment before adding, "And of course, you can always give them a devastating kick and follow it up with a helping of your cigar laser. Now, you may be thinking 'wow, that sounds like it gets hot in a hurry if I misuse that weapon loadout!' And you'd be right, but for emergencies, we've included our new Radical Heat Sink system to allow you to rapidly purge heat from your mech every few salvoes."

Through the window, a Hauptmann coming down the assembly line comes to a halt as the last welds are put into place. Brewer's excitement is almost palpable as he interrupts his pitch to announce, "This is a special moment! A new Hauptmann is coming off the line, and I'm glad I get to share its first startup with all of you."

With the roar of an engine waking up, the Hauptmann goes from hanging like a limp puppet to standing upright. It begins to swivel its arms and go through torso twists as it is sprayed with primer. The OmniMech takes its first step off the line before moving ahead, each step marked with a thunderous stomp we can hear even in Brewer's office.

"There goes another Hauptmann, headed for a brave soldier who will fight so the new Star League can enjoy a golden age of peace, just as it did once before." Brewer looks longingly in the distance for a moment before continuing. "If you're interested in making a difference, then don't hesitate! Your home needs you, your Archon needs you and your Star League needs you! It's up to each of us to fight for peace. We at Defiance Industries are here to keep you supplied with cutting-edge equipment so you can come home a hero. Don't keep us waiting!"

Text flashes very, VERY briefly at the bottom of the screen: Reports of any other Hauptmann variants, such as one using advanced targeting equipment combined with stealth armor and ECM systems, are in error. No version of the Hauptmann mounts a PPC, Heavy Gauss rifle and four Rocket Launcher pods.

The camera pans out of his office, over the factory floor, out the doors, into space and finally in a view of the Inner Sphere, with the Star League member states in vibrant color and the rest in grayscale. A quartet of Hauptmanns stand shoulder to shoulder over the map, one painted in SLDF olive drab, one in Steiner Blue, one in Skye Ranger red and white, and the final one in Marik purple.

Even faster than the last message, the following fine print appears: Hauptmann not available to all buyers. Please consult your sales rep as to whether Hauptmann is right for you.

A disembodied voice speaks. It might be Daniel Namni-Brewer speaking through a voice modulator but MAYBE IT ISN'T. "Hauptmann. Defiance Industries. The Star League. What do they all have in common? They're the biggest. The baddest. So DEAL WITH IT."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:allears:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

A quartet of Hauptmanns stand shoulder to shoulder over the map, one painted in SLDF olive drab, one in Steiner Blue, one in Skye Ranger red and white, and the final one in Marik purple.

Nice.

How are things in Skye right now, I wonder.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Welllll... maybe not quite as sunny as Defiance Industries' marketing team would like to portray it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The only reason Skye the Steel Vipers have not started actively invading Terran Hegemony worlds in the Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League is because of the looming but disorganized threat presented by the Clan ilKhanate.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Welllll... maybe not quite as sunny as Defiance Industries' marketing team would like to portray it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The only reason Skye the Steel Vipers have not started actively invading Terran Hegemony worlds in the Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League is because of the looming but disorganized threat presented by the Clan ilKhanate.

Isn't that a pretty compelling reason to start expanding aggressively?

You're going to need a wide base to fight off the incoming 'death from a thousand cuts'.

Unless you can unravel their unity altogether and get them to fight themselves.

Actually, speaking of the ilKhanate, when is that ilClan book coming out? Never??

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

But that would mean the Star League isn't as unified as they make it seem!

e: I thought they weren't the Steel Vipers anymore and had rebranded to "Star League Defense Force" full-time?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What happened to the Nova Cats in this timeline?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I thought they weren't the Steel Vipers anymore and had rebranded to "Star League Defense Force" full-time?

They did, but that doesn't mean they suddenly stop being Steel Vipers.

Leaving their new warrior (re)education programs up to Melissa probably will, though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What happened to the Nova Cats in this timeline?

They're in the ilKhanate.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The more things change, the more things stay the same. By 3145, the WiE are no longer distinct enough from the Lyrans to have their own RPG affiliation or RATs.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

The more things change, the more things stay the same. By 3145, the WiE are no longer distinct enough from the Lyrans to have their own RPG affiliation or RATs.

They do get a bonus to the RAT rolls I think,

I will always lament the loss of their Timber Wolves though. Still one of my favourite mechs aesthetics-wise.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They do, but it's only a +2, so it's not even a huge gap anymore, just one tier of supply priority. WiE garrison clusters still basically look like mid-range Lyran units.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 30, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I've been doing some hard thinking and I'm probably going to bump the new Large Laser's damage up to 10.

That makes it the only heat-efficient (1 damage for 1 heat) laser and makes it comparable to its competitors (and even with the Clan Heavy Laser at medium range):

PPC: longest range, minimum range penalty, 7 tons 3 crits, 10 heat 10 damage

Large Laser: ToHit bonus, 5/10/15 range, 8 tons 5 crits, 10 heat 10 damage

Plasma Rifle: 5/10/15 range, +1d6 heat to the target, 6 tons 2 crits, uses ammo, no free ammo, 10 heat 10 damage (8 tons 4 crits w/ 20 shots)

Autocannon/10: Ultra Mode, damage type swapping, 5/10/15 range, 12 tons 7 crits, 1 free ton of ammo built in, 3 heat/shot 10 damage/shot (average is about 14 damage)

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

They do, but it's only a +2, so it's not even a huge gap anymore, just one tier of supply priority. WiE garrison clusters still basically look like mid-range Lyran units.

Do they even need garrison clusters? Seems like the 3 galaxies they have are all they need to cover their holdings.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Weissritter posted:

Do they even need garrison clusters? Seems like the 3 galaxies they have are all they need to cover their holdings.

Well, every cluster they field is a garrison cluster, but for the purposes of this discussion it just means "second-tier unit that's easier to equip" so... yes, yes they do need those. Fortunately they've diversified their holdings a bit (we know they have at least one enclave on Donegal) otherwise they probably would have been wiped out to a man when Arc-Royal fell.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I'd like to see your plans for the Raven and Axeman. Any interesting plans for probes/ecms?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I'd like to see your plans for the Raven and Axeman. Any interesting plans for probes/ecms?

ECM is about the same: it blocks the Artemis effect of enemy missile launchers and renders the most dangerous NARC pods inert (the missile beacon works through it, the artillery beacon only works if it's attached to a unit, and the tracking beacon does not defeat ECM at all). It doesn't need any added value since Stealth Armor is common enough which adds value to it.

Probes defeat ECM in their radius in addition to their ability to detect hidden units (which was always of marginal usefulness) and their ability to find stationary infantry in heavy cover.

TAG defeats ECM's Anti-Artemis effect for the unit that fires the tag. There aren't many units that abuse this yet, but there are a few. The "Laser-Guided" Specialty LRM Ammo keeps its Artemis bonus against targets tagged by friendly units no matter who fired the tag and get a -1 bonus to hit tagged units. 2 ECM bubbles (or an Angel ECM) prevent TAG from designating a unit for an Arrow IV strike.

NARC gets some new beacons.
- The Missile Beacon allows firing units to keep their launcher's Artemis bonus no matter how many ECM fields the target is in.
- The Tracking Beacon limits the enemy's maximum movement modifier to +1, but is defeated by ECM
- The Artillery Beacon allows artillery shots fired at the hex the beacon occupies to land with perfect accuracy until that beacon is destroyed. This beacon can be fired at hexes or at units, and if attached to a unit allows for Arrow IV homing no matter how many ECM bubbles the target unit is in.

I can't wait to see someone creatively Artillery Beacon a friendly light 'Mech in a mission with Artillery support and just run that light through the enemy lines calling strikes on it every turn.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I am just reminded of the Dawn of War II LP multiplayer matches, and now I can't help but picture a Wasp holding a beacon in its teeth.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm kind of surprised you kept the different kinds of ECM instead of just taking more ECMs on a design.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Two more headshots for the pile (pity the Osteon C gives precisely 0 fucks).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 15

Abhishek Gross’s talons closed on the King Cobra’s hip. The Clan Assault ‘Mech’s legs were well designed, canting backwards rather than forwards in an effort to keep most of them out of easy kicking range. The knee, often a BattleMech’s most vulnerable joint, was well protected from the front. It was a nuance the supposedly Melee-shy Clans shouldn’t have picked up on. If the King Cobra had been fighting a lesser machine, the might have been safe—but the Legion’s own legs were a similar style, perhaps a touch more advanced: with a high forward knee and an extremely flexible reverse joint on the lower leg that gave them an animalistic—or demonic, as was the intent—appearance. The Legion’s legs were so flexible they could kneel with both feet still firmly planted on the ground. And kick much higher than most enemy pilots would expect.

He wrenched away at that damaged hip actuator, twisting and pulling with the Legion’s claws. He’d break something for certain: ether his own talons or the King Cobra’s already damaged hip actuator. With the Legion’s TSM active, it was only a question of whether he tore his ‘Mech’s musculature from its moorings before the King Cobra’s leg gave way. With a piercing shriek his question was answered, the King Cobra’s joint deformed and shattered, leaving its leg dangling at a useless angle as the myomer muscles contracted all at once. The well-made Clan assault ‘Mech toppled, and drove its chest into the tunnel floor.

Shooting Phase
Sin #1 (Player)
- Attacks the King Cobra’s legs (3 base + 0 surviving troopers + 0 enemy movement + 1 protected actuators - 1 cybernetics = 3): rolled 3, hit Right Leg (34/40 armor remaining)! TAC!

Legion #2 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Sin #4 (Player)
- Holds fire!

Legion #5 (Player)
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 1): rolled 12, hit Left Torso (19/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Fires TSEMP Cannon at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (22/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (22/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24!

Sin #7 (Player)
- Attacks the Osteon C’s legs (2 base + 0 surviving troopers + 3 enemy movement + 1 protected actuators - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (11/36 armor remaining)! TAC!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (20/40 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Center Torso (43/48 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 4): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (16/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 4): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (40/48 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 laser - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (2/36 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 laser - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (13/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light PPC at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range - 1 laser - 1 cybernetics = 8): rolled 9, hit Head (5/9 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #10 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 2): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (7/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 2): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (20/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light PPC at King Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 2): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (25/33 armor remaining)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #11 (Player)
- No Line of Sight to Osteon C!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #12 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/36 armor, 22/36 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Light PPC at Osteon C (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (32/40 armor remaining)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Osteon C
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Legion #3 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (6/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Legion #12 (5 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 0 Multi-Trac - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, miss!
Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

King Cobra
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1215!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Legion #12 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 6, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! ’Mech destroyed!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Legion #12 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 4): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (15/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Legion #12 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 3, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Legion #12 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, 6 missiles hit Center Torso (14/38 armor remaining), Center Torso (13/38 armor remaining), Right Leg (5/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (19/32 armor remaining), Center Torso (12/38 armor remaining (TAC!)), Center Torso (11/38 armor remaining (TAC!))!
- Fires Flamer (Heat) at Legion #4 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 26!

End Phase:
King Cobra
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Hip actuator damaged!
- - Right Upper Leg actuator damaged!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

Osteon C
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Hip actuator damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Left Lower Leg actuator damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 2 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 8): rolled 11, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Legion #3 (Player)
- Kicks Osteon C (3 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 4, miss!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Kicks Osteon C (3 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 5, miss!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Kicks King Cobra (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 2): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (0/40 armor, 9/21 structure remaining)! Crit!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Kicks Osteon C (3 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick - 1 cybernetics = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (0/36 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - 1 Damage transfers to Center Torso (32/40 armor remaining)!

Osteon C
- Kicks Legion #3 (5 base + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 6, miss!

King Cobra
- Attacks Legion #8 with Mace (4 base + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 mace = 7): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (4/24 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Legion #3
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 missed kick = 3): rolled 4, succeeds!

Legion #6
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 missed kick = 3): rolled 10, succeeds!

Legion #8
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

King Cobra
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 12, Leg blown off!!

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (Complete!)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (Complete!)
- Win before Turn 15 (Complete!)!

After-Action Report:
You lucky—you missed having to fight another wave of ‘Mechs by the skin of your teeth! You still had another turn to kill the King Cobra, so odds of the final reinforcements wave showing up were pretty slim anyway, but still. I’d accuse my dice box of cheating if it weren’t for that particular set of dice rolling boxcars about one roll in every ten. I can’t plan around luck like that, haha, those dice are going back into retirement. I may break them out again in a year or two to see if they’re still ridiculous.

This was a very difficult mission to run, I’m sorry about pulling the ProtoMechs part way in, but they were just such a chore every update was starting to take 6-7 hours to finish.

This battle was a lot closer than I was expecting, considering I didn’t even try to balance the OpForce for reasons* and instead went with multiple fail-able objectives with tight time limits. The players really stepped it up and far exceeded my expectations. Good work, everyone!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm going to need an MVP for each lance plus the OpForce.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 30, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
MVP for both is the dice.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Wow that was quite a mission, big thanks to PTN for running something that was so fun and exciting the whole way through!

MVP OPFOR: That king cobra for being an absolute poo poo stomper

MVP Players: Whichever player killed the Turkina while it was getting repaired, that was some ace play!

Follow up: anybody want to scroll through and tally up who got what kills in the mission?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Now this whole planet's been purified!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Strobe posted:

MVP for both is the dice.

Helllllllllllll yea

also

Mezzanon posted:

Wow that was quite a mission, big thanks to PTN for running something that was so fun and exciting the whole way through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Good job, Goon Legion. :patriot:

• Locked thread