Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Zaodai posted:

Their controlled territory grew in size. Therefore, they won land. You are aware that every faction gains and loses territory, right? They can't all be at their high point forever. It's an enormous logical fallacy to consider any ground they gain from their low point to not be any kind of progress because it is less than what they had a full century ago.

That really wasn't my point at all but I guess we should just drop this since it's not going anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So I looked it up after you guys mentioned it earlier and it looks like the clicky bases game isn't very popular with people who like Battletech? That's kind of too bad, I really enjoyed it as a kid and I liked the idea of fighting for a Republic with Paladins more than a bunch of squabbling nobles, even if the Paladins are autocratic.

Apparently there are a ton of books though. I'm always looking for some classic trashy fantasy/sci fi paperbacks to read, are there any good ones/good authours I should keep my eye open for? A friend who knew more warned me he only read one book of the "Dark Ages" period and it was about a douchy authour insert killing green peace activists and beating up feminists, I didn't like the sound of that.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Most of the Michael A. Stackpole books are pretty... I won't say 'great,' but definitely serviceable in providing big stompy mech action.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I think most people don't like it cause before, all you needed where some type of model, a board and some dice, the rest you can use from the manual on what the mech should be or whatever.

Hell i used the same axman model i painted for 3 years, it looked bad, but it was mine, i instantly knew where i was, the only real change was what mech it actually represented.

With the clicky base system from what i've seen, requires said model, and to get something in your campiagn you literally have to "buy until you get it" like magic the gathering was.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dolash posted:

So I looked it up after you guys mentioned it earlier and it looks like the clicky bases game isn't very popular with people who like Battletech? That's kind of too bad, I really enjoyed it as a kid and I liked the idea of fighting for a Republic with Paladins more than a bunch of squabbling nobles, even if the Paladins are autocratic.

Apparently there are a ton of books though. I'm always looking for some classic trashy fantasy/sci fi paperbacks to read, are there any good ones/good authours I should keep my eye open for? A friend who knew more warned me he only read one book of the "Dark Ages" period and it was about a douchy authour insert killing green peace activists and beating up feminists, I didn't like the sound of that.

The Republic had ethnically-based forced relocations. gently caress em.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mukaikubo posted:

My God, a rule that overrides even the Prime Rule, and shuts down all computers in pursuit of a normal mission! :niggly:

Oh my god I didn't get that reference until now. :laugh:

You know, classical Chinese scale mail looks a lot like reactive armor plating... someone needs to design a new mech for House Liao ASAP.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Dolash posted:

The early books were halfway decent (at least I thought so), but as the Republic began to expand and solidify the writers had less and less to actually tell interesting stories about. I generally say read the first 5 or so, then let them pass by the wayside.

In terms of the game, yes it was a neat concept, but just as with the books it had a very small effective time frame; there's only so many "Taking out a warlord" concepts you can come up with before it becomes incredibly clear that the Republic is unstoppable and soon the entire Inner Sphere will sit under one banner. The great thing about classic BTech was that there was a strong sense of each house and so you never really felt that one could completely destroy another. Even when the Federated Commonwealth came into being the Clans were in full force and you still didn't feel like anyone had a huge upper hand over anyone else.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Later on poo poo hits the fan. Liao invades, the Jade Falcons re-organise into space-mongols and generally the Republic all goes to poo poo.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I still have no idea what my lancemates are doing, so I am jumping to 0608, which is broadly in line with the commanders plans.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I still have no idea what my lancemates are doing, so I am jumping to 0608, which is broadly in line with the commanders plans.

Axe-man posted:

here is the visualization of the plan

Click here for the full 1139x1317 image.

The griffin can go either way, allowing it to either get some + movement to it or regroup with us , then we will be a compact group and when the lights come we will pounce them.

i think that is the plan that everyone went with, are you sure 0908 is not more what you want to do? hint hint nudge nudge

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Not particularly - two reasons

A) It leaves me out in the open

B) We're tactically just as together as if I was standing right next to you, I can easily walk around the edge of the ridge and shoot at whatever you guys are.

C) The Hussar and the spider could do an end run around behind us and I want to punish them if they try.

Basically in 0908 the Hussar can snipe, but if I am in 0608 it has to move much further or stand really close to me (where I will shoot it a lot.)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
sound reasoning go for it, we are going to try to take them one at a time so lets light them up.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Kell Hounds: Cylene Tactical Update 5

Combat Results:
A Griffin
Fires LRM10 at K4 (3 base + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 4 long range = 10): Rolled 5, miss!
Generates 9 heat, sinks 12. Now at 0 residual heat.

B Blackjack
Generates 3 heat, sinks 17. Now at 0 residual heat.

C Vulcan
Generates 1 heat, sinks 12. Now at 0 residual heat.

D Jenner
Generates 5 heat, sinks 10. Now at 0 residual heat.

K4 Dragon
Fires LRM 10 at A Griffin (4 base + 0 stationary + 3 target movement + 4 long range = 11): Rolled 8, miss!
Fires Autocannon 5 at A Griffin (4 base + 0 stationary + 3 target movement + 4 long range = 11): Rolled 2, miss!
Generates 5 heat, sinks 10. Now at 0 residual heat.

“Put me back on with the snake!” Barnes called. Desmond would’ve smacked himself in the forehead if he hadn’t needed both hands to guide his ‘mech. Also, he’d probably have broken his hand on the thickly armored neurohelmet resting on his head and shoulders.

He kicked down hard on his ‘Mech’s floor pedals, tripping the pressure-bar that activated the Blackjack’s jump jets and, with careful precision, leaned his ‘Mech backwards to sail over a small copse of trees and into some better cover.

“You’re not going to accept—” St. Croix began, but Barnes cut her off. “Damned right I am. It keeps the stupid meatball Drac’s attention on me and off the rest of you. The last thing I want is him taking potshots at your rear armor while you deal with his friends. Now—pull back a bit, and let them come to us. And get me on the channel with that damned—”

“You’re on, sir,” St. Croix called.

“Tai-i Robinson, or whatever your name was. I accept your challenge on behalf of the Kell Hounds.” To illustrate his point, Barnes popped off a salvo from his shoulder-mounted LRM rack. It missed low by a good ten meters, peppering a rockslide with explosions. Robinson had already moved well away from that position, but responded in kind.

“So,” the DCMS Captain replied, “we are fighting the ‘legendary’ Kell Hounds. That is good to know.”

Desmond sighed into the mic. St. Croix grumbled, “Goddamn it, L-T!”

Turn 4 OpForce Movement:
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar runs to 1112
K2 SDR-5K Spider runs to 0911
K3 JR7-D Jenner runs to 1709
K4 DRG-1G Grand Dragon walks to 2215

Enemy Forces
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar
K2 SDR-5K Spider
K3 JR7-D Jenner
K4 DRG-1N Dragon yes, it’s still just a Dragon

Victory Condition: Disable or Destroy both J. Edgar hovertanks (complete!)
Optional Secondary Condition: Disable or Destroy all House Kurita ‘mech forces (0/4)

Kell Hounds ’Mech Status
A GRF-1N Griffin (KnoxZone)
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 13/20 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 14/14 (9/9)
RA A(S): 13/14 (9/9)
LL A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
RL A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 6, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM 10 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 23, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if PPC is fired)

B BJ-1DB Blackjack (Axe-man)
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
RA A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
LL A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
RL A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5 Min:), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or actuators —may not punch with either arm (may fire arm-mounted weapons into the rear arc)

C VLT-5T Vulcan (Pladdicus)
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 14/15 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 7/12 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 198, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands—may punch with either arm at increased risk of self-damage

D JR7-D Jenner (Cthulhu Dreams)
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 10/10 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 3/3
RT A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
RA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
LL A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
RL A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 7/11/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
SRM 4 – CT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or actuators —may not punch with either arm (may fire arm-mounted weapons into the rear arc)

Enemy ‘Mech Status
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar
Ran: 6
Damage: None
Armament: Large Laser

K2 SDR-5K Spider
Ran: 5
Armament: Medium Laser, 2 machine guns

K3 JR7-D Jenner
Ran: 4
Armament: 4 medium lasers, 1 SRM 4

K4 DRG-1N Dragon
Walked: 2
Armament: 1 Autocannon 5, 1 LRM 10, 2 medium lasers

K5 J. Edgar light hover tank

K6 J. Edgar light hover tank

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 9, 2013

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
And now comes the :black101: round. Pick your target, Mechwarriors, and unleash all hell on it. Good luck.

e: further thoughts? You guys have a big choice to make. You can keep up your mobility, and make it less likely for either of you to get a punch in; in that case, you'd all drift NW and hit K2 as a group. The other option is riskier. The three of you occupy the 3-hex swath of riverside forests just beside B and C, and focus all fire on K1. With relatively small movement penalties from you, and not THAT much from him, you would have an extremely good chance of knocking that Hussar out this turn. You'd take more damage, though, and that Jenner would have you flanked. But the Hussar would, barring very bad luck, die this round.

e2: I would STRONGLY recommend if you take that second move, the machine gun ammo be ejected as the Vulcan walks one hex.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 26, 2011

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh this is gonna be exciting. :neckbeard:

Know what, I changed my mind. I'd like to sign up. My email is [REDACTED] I like me some giant robot stompy action!

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 27, 2011

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
If I jumpjet behind K3(elevation 1) can I kick him still?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Comedy Third Option: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU (save the Griffin) CAN MAKE A DEATH FROM ABOVE ATTEMPT ON A SEPARATE MECH.

I'm not joking.

Sure, it's unlikely, but think of the glory if it even mostly works...!

edit: Ignore my avatar and its stern command for you to treat your Mechs like ladies. It did not envisage the Triple DFA Attack. Can any man completely reject its seductive allure?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I saw this in the MWLL thread and, well...:ohdear:

adamantium|wang posted:

Looking for BattleTech stuff between games. Someone should really remind Combine pilots they carry guns.

Better watch out for the Snake's dreaded Mech-karate.

Dominus Caedis
Sep 17, 2007
Stupid Noob
gently caress up dat Jenner, he's away from his lancemates and hes got the most firepower of the enemy lights, if your Blackjack can get a good Large Laser hit or 2 you could take him out of the fight. Just look at the armor on your own Jenner, that thing is made of paper(no offense Cthulhu).

Edit: Pladdicus, yes yes you defenitely can, but its fairly risky since you'll be suffering the to-hit penalty for jumping on the kick roll.

Dominus Caedis fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 26, 2011

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
They're on the platter! You're never ever going to get a better position to kill someone than this! The tension is killing me!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Dominus Caedis posted:

gently caress up dat Jenner, he's away from his lancemates and hes got the most firepower of the enemy lights, if your Blackjack can get a good Large Laser hit or 2 you could take him out of the fight. Just look at the armor on your own Jenner, that thing is made of paper(no offense Cthulhu).

Also: The Jenner's going to the easiest of the three for most of you to hit, and hilariously enough I think it's the heaviest armored of the three light Draconis mechs. This could be your best chance to take it down.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

But the Hussar would, barring very bad luck, die this round.

This would be my plan. At this point, one side or the other WILL get a flank on you. You can either face the Jenner or face the Hussar/Spider. The Hussar is the softest target and carries a big gun. One solid barrage should put it down, if you all concentrate on it. If possible, see if one of you can get into kicking range of the Spider while you're at it - knock that sucker down and he can't use that mobility.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pladdicus posted:

If I jumpjet behind K3(elevation 1) can I kick him still?

You couldn't even punch him if you jumped there. He's a full 'Mech's height over your head.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I recommend B & C continue moving NW, into the area around the northernmost part of that hill we're near, while D moves back south enough to get a rear shot at K2. (B & C should also fire at K2). Assuming K2 moves northward towards B & C, you should get some pretty good licks in on him this round. If he moves west instead trying to flank our Jenner, he gets a face full of Medium Lasers and SRMs and doesn't get any free shots on your back or sides.

[EDIT] If you hadn't accepted the duel, you'd have them right where you want them with the Griffin providing heavy fire support on the right flank, but c'est la vie.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

You couldn't even punch him if you jumped there. He's a full 'Mech's height over your head.

From 1803? Wouldn't I be a full height above him? Or am I missing something.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Renaissance Spam posted:

there's only so many "Taking out a warlord" concepts you can come up with before it becomes incredibly clear that the Republic is unstoppable and soon the entire Inner Sphere will sit under one banner.

I believe the ultimate death of a fictional universe is to become small. When everything is accounted for, when there's nothing around the next corner, that's when a fiction dies. That's why Warhammer 40K is such an excellent setting, not because of the grimdark or the awful writers and stories, but simply because it succeeds in being BIG. Say what you want about Warmhammer 40K, there's no way to run out of stories in a setting that takes size, distance, and diversity so seriously.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Tempest_56 posted:

This would be my plan. At this point, one side or the other WILL get a flank on you. You can either face the Jenner or face the Hussar/Spider. The Hussar is the softest target and carries a big gun. One solid barrage should put it down, if you all concentrate on it. If possible, see if one of you can get into kicking range of the Spider while you're at it - knock that sucker down and he can't use that mobility.

Yeah... this was my first reaction too, until I realized that:

-The Jenner didn't move much, making it easier to hit
-Axeman's Blackjack can get into short range on the Kuritan Jenner with his large lasers, just by walking a hex NE
-Pladdicus's Vulcan can get into short range of everything, still just walking, so
-Two of our mediums can get an entire round of very high percentage shots on with damaging weapons on the enemy Jenner, the 2nd biggest offensive threat, while being partially screened from enemy fire by those woods

Now I'm seriously torn between going after the Hussar and going after the Jenner. And a group retreat to the NW to keep your mobility up /also/ makes a lot of sense... I don't envy y'all your decision. :psyduck:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

Yeah... this was my first reaction too, until I realized that:

-The Jenner didn't move much, making it easier to hit
-Axeman's Blackjack can get into short range on the Kuritan Jenner with his large lasers, just by walking a hex NE
-Pladdicus's Vulcan can get into short range of everything, still just walking, so
-Two of our mediums can get an entire round of very high percentage shots on with damaging weapons on the enemy Jenner, the 2nd biggest offensive threat, while being partially screened from enemy fire by those woods

Now I'm seriously torn between going after the Hussar and going after the Jenner. And a group retreat to the NW to keep your mobility up /also/ makes a lot of sense... I don't envy y'all your decision. :psyduck:

I'd like to get behind the Jenner. Though, closing in(walking) and doing a slug fest should still end favorably for me.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Well, let's look at it in terms of kill power: The lance (minus the dueling Griffin) can put out a max of 78 damage; our more likely average will be around ~30-35 damage. The Jenner is packing 64 armor and 58 internal, minimum 14 damage to one location for a mission kill (destroying a leg). The Hussar has 24 armor and 51 internal, minimum 9 damage for a mission kill. One team salvo is practically certain to take out the Hussar, while depending on luck we may not even breach the Jenner's armor this turn.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pladdicus posted:

From 1803? Wouldn't I be a full height above him? Or am I missing something.

Whoops, yes you could. I was looking at K1 and hex 1212.

Even better, you'd kick him on the punch-hit location table, which has a 1/6 chance of being a headshot.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
"Did the LT really have to give us our home address and hpg number? maybe he would have liked to give our drop zone too, oh well i guess i'll have to make myself feel better somehow, hey look there a mech to shoot at! that will have to do."

:ughh:

This round will be all about who we are going to attack, everyone is out in the open and most of the mechs are able to fire from the current positioning.

We can do two things, it is obvious that they are setting up to focus fire, so moving in such a way that their shots are ruined is essential.

We can either do what i illustrated below, or instead go forward after the spider and hussar which can do less damage to us

The final option is to move back around the hills and snipe at the lights and hope we kill a few before the jenner gets to us.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
If you guys can fire your weapons half as good as you can fire your insubordinate mouths, this battle will be a cupcake. :colbert:

This Dragon should be interesting. It has more armor, but I am a superior shot and have a bit more damage output with my PPC vs his AC/5. For now I am going to alternate between slugging it out and evading when my heat is up. If things go badly, I will go full evasion.

Zaodai posted:

And Knox, your objective right now should mostly be playing rope a dope with the Dragon. If you can get some shots off and not get shot yourself, that's a plus. But as long as he's chasing you around, he's honor bound to not be firing on the rest of your lance.

Son, the day I play 'rope a dope' with a Snake while rookies are doing all the killing is the day I leave the cockpit of my mech to join the infantry.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 26, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Axe-man posted:

We can either do what i illustrated below, or instead go forward after the spider and hussar which can do less damage to us

If you go after the enemy Jenner, you don't want to send our Jenner around behind K2 and K1. The one round of side/back shots would still leave him out of position. If you just want him in flank position, I might move him to 0808 (the high point of the hill closest to you) or 0807 (if you want him slightly further back but on lower ground) and have him fire on K2 as it advances. K2 and K1 are almost certainly coming through that clear corridor (I'd think one of them actually ends up on the last hill tile by the river), giving our Jenner a nice clear shot while protecting the flank of our other assets.

And Knox, your objective right now should mostly be playing rope a dope with the Dragon. If you can get some shots off and not get shot yourself, that's a plus. But as long as he's chasing you around, he's honor bound to not be firing on the rest of your lance.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Zaodai posted:

If you go after the enemy Jenner, you don't want to send our Jenner around behind K2 and K1. The one round of side/back shots would still leave him out of position. If you just want him in flank position, I might move him to 0808 (the high point of the hill closest to you) or 0807 (if you want him slightly further back but on lower ground) and have him fire on K2 as it advances. K2 and K1 are almost certainly coming through that clear corridor (I'd think one of them actually ends up on the last hill tile by the river), giving our Jenner a nice clear shot while protecting the flank of our other assets.

Yeah that would be a good thing to do, that spider is very low powered but that hussar can pack a wallop, if it can hit. Honestly, if D can get a hull down position and attack the hussar too, i'd be happiest, we prolly have only one turn to take out the jenner though before it starts flanking hard and fast
0807 would be a good place for that but you wouldn't hit much that is for sure.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 26, 2011

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

No sense in getting greedy when there's so much backstabbing potential on the board still. The Hussar has to keep moving, and the terrain ensures he's tied up for at least one more turn getting around the lake. If our Blackjack backwalks due north, and the Vulcan and Jenner swing NE (1604 looks good), we can still have halfway-decent shots on K3 while leaving them without an obvious target.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'd actually like to sign up for this since I just got platinum.

Dance around with the Griffin while you annihilate the Kurita lance. Then you can safely violate the duel and gangbang the Dragon to death.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

KnoxZone posted:

Son, the day I play 'rope a dope' with a Snake while rookies are doing all the killing is the day I leave the cockpit of my mech to join the infantry.

That day might be sooner than you think. Especially if all of a sudden your lancemates decide to leave you to the sanctity of the duel. Enjoy your walk back to the dropship.

Sir. =P

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My inexpert opinion wants you guys to shoot at that Jenner. Come on Poptarts has practically served it up on a platter to your guns.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Okay. C's plan is to jump behind K3. Pivot to face and fire everything, ending the round with a kick. (maybe not the flame thrower, to conserve heat)

Any objections? I don't really get jumpjets so. GL to me.

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
But in all honesty, I do plan on engaging the Dragon as long as my armor holds up. I don't expect to kill it outright, but we are pretty evenly matched. I think my chances of survival in a sniping match is a bit higher than the survival of a couple half-dead light/medium mechs engaging a healthy heavy mech at point blank range, where it still has substantial firepower and can bring its formidable bulk into melee range.

• Locked thread