Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TerryLennox posted:

Poptarts, do you play MWLL?

Nope, I've always wanted to give it a shot, but I've never gotten around to installing it.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Lostech: Worth More than Money

Absolute truth. Any piece of Lostech is priceless, right up until the Clans show up and go "lawl, look at that archaic garbage!"

Edit: Waiting on an update from one of our players (not the Clint). Something has happened. Dun-dun-duuun.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

poptarts you should play MWL

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Waiting on an update from one of our players (not the Clint). Something has happened. Dun-dun-duuun.

:f5:

You are an evil, sadistic, cruel tease, you know that, right?

Don't ever change.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You can male more running, say, Tanadi Computers, than you can counterfeiting. Just saying.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TerryLennox posted:

Oh god no. I've seen bad, BAAAAD stories of GMs pulling bullshit like allowing an enemy hacker to disable your Smartgun system and even some really devious ones claim that you could kill a street sam because their cyberware must have some interface port to control.

That's stupid. All that stuff is on his personal network, especially a street samurai's cyberware. It's protected just as much as his brain, and you have to crack his firewalls to do anything to it. And when you get root on his network, why not just wipe his brain instead? (Granted, a dedicated hacker will eventually crack any network, but the samurai has probably killed him by then)

MWLL is not hard to install. It is literally 4 steps:
- Install Crysis Warhead (which has Crysis Wars included)
- Go online in unmodded Wars and make an account with gamespy
- Install MWLL and patch
- Giant stompy robots

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

wiegieman posted:

That's stupid. All that stuff is on his personal network, especially a street samurai's cyberware. It's protected just as much as his brain, and you have to crack his firewalls to do anything to it. And when you get root on his network, why not just wipe his brain instead? (Granted, a dedicated hacker will eventually crack any network, but the samurai has probably killed him by then)

A good Game Master will just assume that the players are smart enough to have anything that doesn't absolutely need to be wireless set to forbid wireless connections. Therefor, to hack their cyber, they'd need hardware access, which is hard to get in a firefight.

Of course, most Smartgun Links in the 2070s are wireless, so you could easily gently caress with those. If only by jamming the signal.

A mean GM will not assume such things.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Like ShadowDragon, :f5:.

I wonder what happened, and is it good or bad news for our players?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Bad news makes for great debate. This turn is going to be fun.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 2, 2011

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
How many bitcoins is one second of HPG network time equivalent to these days?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

A good Game Master will just assume that the players are smart enough to have anything that doesn't absolutely need to be wireless set to forbid wireless connections. Therefor, to hack their cyber, they'd need hardware access, which is hard to get in a firefight.

Of course, most Smartgun Links in the 2070s are wireless, so you could easily gently caress with those. If only by jamming the signal.

A mean GM will not assume such things.

Even a smartlink should not be treated as a seperate device (since it is on his network). An adjacent wireless device may as well be wired, and you can use skintrodes if you're really worried.

Also, even if they plugged a cord into a port, it wouldn't get them anything but a "I don't know your ID, go get network access" message from whatever device. You have to do a cyber attack and beat his firewall first, at which point you can hit all his stuff (including his brain, which is a device) or take the device away from the network entirely (which is hard to do with cyberware, but easier to do with a smartlink, and slightly more difficult to do with his brain, although at that point you have likely tied him up and taken his gun as well as his commlink.)

Keep in mind that it is not impossible or even difficult to hack somebody's network. You just need to make an actual cyber attack using your stats and gear againts his stats and gear. If he is a thug and you are a hot-rocket hacker in the same club or even across the street you might be able to do it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

wiegieman posted:

Even a smartlink should not be treated as a seperate device (since it is on his network). An adjacent wireless device may as well be wired, and you can use skintrodes if you're really worried.

Should have invested in some Smartgoggles instead! :downs: Seriously though, that's the kind of stuff that puts a bad taste into my mouth with SR4s more unified/simplified system.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

landcollector posted:

I think you mean Windows 3.1.
Does that mean that 3.11 is a C3?

Artificer posted:

So it's sort of like describing a ship that completed a race in under 12 parsecs, huh?
Lucas to this day claims that it makes perfect sense, and he always intended it to be about skirting the edges of black holes, it totally wasn't some EU dude patching it.

Zaodai posted:

Though your post makes me wonder how many actual light mechs could be destroyed by Ewoks. That's pretty sad performance, even from a light mech.
Depends how many support weapons Ewok platoons get so we can average out "Spear (flint)" with "Man-pack PPC" and turn it into 18 damage at 9 hexes.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Zaodai posted:

Though your post makes me wonder how many actual light mechs could be destroyed by Ewoks. That's pretty sad performance, even from a light mech.
I think flamers have a -2 to-hit bonus against Ewoks because of their fluffyness. I think it's in one of the newer books, in the back, just trust me, don't look for it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Does anyone else find it amusing that there are nerds out there who don't like a particular version of a popular RPG because it doesn't accurately simulate network protocol layers?

Bad Moon posted:

Oh god. Dot matrix.

Flat rollers are lostech. Tension springs are lostech. Feed trays are lostech.*

*Except for guns.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Arglebargle III posted:

Flat rollers are lostech. Tension springs are lostech. Feed trays are lostech.*

*Except for guns.

Autocannons are caseless (sometimes) and the Gauss Rifle uses a loving gravity feed system to just drop a shot into the gun. Presumably, with no magnetic field built up, that shot will just roll right out the end of the barrel destroying magnets as it goes. :doh:

It looks like the Shithawk Phoenix Hawk? is getting tenderized this turn.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Autocannons are caseless (sometimes) and the Gauss Rifle uses a loving gravity feed system to just drop a shot into the gun. Presumably, with no magnetic field built up, that shot will just roll right out the end of the barrel destroying magnets as it goes. :doh:

It looks like the Shithawk Phoenix Hawk? is getting tenderized this turn.

drat right. :black101:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hopefully it is about to go down in a shitnami. I would ask if a low poo poo pressure system is coming in, indicating that the winds of poo poo are on their way, but this is outer space.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
If gauss uses gravity feed how the gently caress does it work in low grav?

And autocannons aren't caseless, as there's a specific caseless variety of autocannon ammunition. So 99.99% of it isn't caseless.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Arglebargle III posted:

Does anyone else find it amusing that there are nerds out there who don't like a particular version of a popular RPG because it doesn't accurately simulate network protocol layers?

I meant that you can hack someone's brain through the wireless connection in their smartlink. That's retarded from a gameplay standpoint, even if it makes sense (if you had enough time) from a networking standpoint.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Zaodai posted:

Well really that's just a matter of getting enough ewoks and enough rocks and sticks together in the same place. I mean farting at a mech ablates 2 points of armor (1 point groupings, resolve using cluster hits table), and even if nobody gets a lucky TAC all they gotta do is peg the head six times and it's all over.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Now I have a mental image of a few unlucky Urbanmechs trundling through a forest.

Thinking about it, an Urbanmech basically is an Ewok in 'mech form.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

whats the range on a L:GA infantry model? (Log: GIANT rear end) and the damage spread, we need that to calc with the spears (flint)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I feel bad for that one AT-ST that failed its' pilot roll, tripped on those logs, and then exploded. What, through-armour critical on falling damage that caused an ammo explosion when it only had laser weapons? That's some bad luck right there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AT-ST are ICE powered.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Dolash posted:

I feel bad for that one AT-ST that failed its' pilot roll, tripped on those logs, and then exploded. What, through-armour critical on falling damage that caused an ammo explosion when it only had laser weapons? That's some bad luck right there.

Technically blasters use volatile gases or plasma or some poo poo as ammunition and aren't lasers. Unless the AT-ST is literally armed with lasers, though the giant turbolaser emplacements are the only ones I know of.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Derail

AT-STs have a concussion grenade launcher mounted externally. In their pride, the drivers decided that Ewoks were not worthy of being concussed to death and thus their entire magazine created a horrendous space kablooie.

On Track

I hope you ComGuards send that Phoenix Hawk flying into the void.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dolash posted:

Direction of fall: left side.
Location roll: 2.
Check for crits: 12, 3 crits.
Location roll: 2, Center Torso.
Two tables, ENGINE ENGINE ENGINE STACKPOLE.

Job done.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens to the Fauxnix Hawk :ohdear:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nadir: Tactical Update 3

Movement Phase
I1 Clint walks 0 to hex 1604!
I2 Whitworth reverses 3 to hex 1903!
I3 Wyvern walks 2 to hex 1306!
I4 Crab Walks 3 to hex 1506!
I5 Kintaro Walks 3 to hex 1303!
I6 Champion Walks 1 to hex 1404!

??? Infantry? (Ambush Ace) jumps 3 to hex 1404!

Combat Phase:
??? Infantry? (Ambush Ace) launches a Swarm Attack on I6 Champion (2 base + 2 surviving infantry + 0 target movement = 4): rolled (6+1) 7, succeeds!

I1 Clint torso twists to face hex 1504!
I1 Clint fires Autocannon/10 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled (6+5) 11, hit left torso (10/20 armor remains)!
I1 Clint fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled (4+2) 6, miss!
I1 Clint gains 7 heat, sinks 10+2! 0 heat builds up!

I2 Whitworth holds fire!
I2 Whitworth gains 1 heat, sinks 14+2! 0 heat builds up!

I3 Wyvern fires LRM 10 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled (3+3) 6, miss!
I3 Wyvern fires Small Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled (5+3) 8, hit Right Arm (13/16 armor remains)!
I3 Wyvern fires Small Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled (5+1) 6, miss!
I3 Wyvern gains 7 heat, sinks 12+2! 0 heat builds up!

I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (5+5) 10, hit left arm (8/16 armor remains)!
I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (1+1) 2, miss!
I4 Crab fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (4+5) 9, hit Center Torso (21/29 armor remains)!
I4 Crab fires Small Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 10): rolled (1+6) 7, miss!
I4 Crab gains 21 heat, sinks 16+2! 3 heat builds up!

I5 Kintaro fires NARC Missile Beacon at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (4+2) 6, hit Right Arm!
I5 Kintaro fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (6+5) 11, hit Left Leg (19/24 armor remains)!
I5 Kintaro fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (3+2) 5, miss!
I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (5+2) 7, (1+2+2) 3 missiles hit Center Torso (19/29 armor remains), Right Torso (18/20 armor remains), Left Torso (8/20 armor remains)!
I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (5+3) 8, (2+2+2) 4 missiles hit Right Torso (16/20 armor remains), Right Torso (14/20 armor remains), Left Arm (6/16 armor remains), Left Torso (6/20 armor remains)!
I5 Kintaro gains 15 heat, sinks 10+2! 3 heat builds up!

I6 Champion fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (5+4) 9, hit Center Torso (14/29 armor remains)!
I6 Champion fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (6+2) 8, hit Right Leg (19/24 armor remains)!
I6 Champion fires SRM 6 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (6+2) 8, (1+3+2) 4 missiles hit Left Torso (4/20 armor remains), Right Leg (17/20 armor remains), Center Torso (12/20 armor remains), Right Arm (11/16 armor remains)!
I6 Champion fires LB 10-X Autocannon at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 6): rolled (4+4) 8, (3+1) 4 submunitions hit Right Torso (13/20 armor remains), Left Torso (3/20 armor remains), Right Leg (16/24 armor remains), Left Leg (18/24 armor remains)!
I6 Champion gains 0 heat, sinks 10+2! 0 heat builds up!

C1 Guillotine? holds fire!
C1 Guillotine? gains 1 heat! 0 heat builds up!

C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Large Pulse Laser at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 2): rolled (6+1) 7, hit Right Arm (4/14 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Medium Pulse Laser at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 2): rolled (3+5) 8, hit Center Torso (13/20 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Medium Pulse Laser at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 2): rolled (3+4) 7, hit Right Leg (15/22 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Medium Pulse Laser at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 2): rolled (4+5) 9, hit Left Arm (7/14 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Streak SRM 2 at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement = 4): rolled (2+6) 8, hit Right Arm (2/14 armor remains), Left Arm (5/14 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Streak SRM 2 at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement = 4): rolled (4+6) 10, hit Left Arm (3/14 armor remains), Right Torso (14/16 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Machine Gun at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (1+1) 2, miss!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Machine Gun at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (3+3) 6, hit Right Torso (12/16 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Machine Gun at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (4+2) 6, hit Right Torso (10/16 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Ma
C2 Phoenix Hawk? Fires Machine Gun at I3 Wyvern (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (4+4) 8, hit Right Arm (0/14 armor remains)!
C2 Unknown Medium gains 27 heat! 5 heat builds up! Overheat penalty, movement reduced to 5/8/6!

C3 Grasshopper? !
C3 Unknown Heavy gains 1 heat! 0 heat builds up!

End Phase:
I3 Wyvern equipped with loving magnets! No piloting test necessary!

C2 Phoenix Hawk? equipped with loving magnets! No piloting test necessary!

Physical Combat Phase:
I3 Wyvern punches C2 Phoenix Hawk? with Right Arm (4 base + 1 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled (3+1) 4, miss!

I6 Champion attempts to dislodge swarming infantry, must succeed at a piloting test (4 base + 4 punching swarming infantry + 2 no hand or arm actuators = 10): rolled (3+2) 5, failed!
I6 Champion punches itself in the Head (6/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
I6 Champion attempts to dislodge swarming infantry, must succeed at a piloting test (4 base + 4 punching swarming infantry + 2 no hand or arm actuators = 10): rolled (6+3) 9, failed!
I6 Champion punches itself in the Center Torso (21/24 armor remains)!

End Phase:
I6 Champion must make a 3+ consciousness test: rolled (1+6) 7, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase

Dark globules dropped away from the enemy Phoenix Hawk, and floated—suspended in space for a few moments. Odd, Kei thought, he was still lining up his shot—nobody had fired a shot. Had it taken some sort of damage? Was the machine simply not built for space combat?

He didn’t ponder too closely, and felt a surety of purpose pass over him as the dark spots vanished from his thermals. It’d just been a targeting error. His Kintaro was plagued with them—once, it had decided a cliff face was actually an enemy Warhammer in disguise. He smiled as it finally locked onto the Clanner. “No shooting stars to mistake for enemy Aerospace?” he taunted his venerable machine as he pulled the trigger. Invisible lances of light speared the enemy ‘Mech, sending a plume of molten armor from the Clan design—aiming a weapon one could not see was a difficult prospect. Fortunately, his missiles were far more predictable.

Armor spurted from Gwenhwyfar’s Wyvern like blood from a severed artery: in globules of molten metal and incandescent gasses that glowed white-hot as the Clan machine’s own invisible counterattack shook her ‘Mech. In his Kintaro, Kei grimaced—how many lasers did this Clan bastard have? The damage was unthinkable from such a little ‘Mech, his computer painted a grim picture: all the armor had been stripped from the arm housing Gwenhwyfar’s large laser! Only the special coating each of the ComGuards had received had saved the Wyvern’s most potent weapon from destruction!

The Clanner knew exactly where to shoot, and exactly how much—he simply hadn’t been counted on Precentor Miraborg’s foresight. In his heart, Kei knew that was not a mistake the Clanner would make again.

His commline hissed.

“poo poo!” Vandal cursed, “What in the—gah! Blake’s Blood, what are these things? Get them off! Get them off!”

Enemy Forces:
C1 Guillotine?: walked 3 to hex 0201!
C2 Phoenix Hawk?: walked 5 to hex 1205!
C3 Grasshopper?: walked 4 to hex 0202!

Mission Objectives
Defeat the Hell’s Horses (in progress)

I1 CLNT-1-2LT Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 14/14 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 10/10 (6/6)
RA A(S): 10/10 (6/6)
LL A(S): 17/17 (10/10)
RL A(S): 17/17 (10/10)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte IX Jim Westwood
Mechwarrior Player: Shiva Asori
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Autocannon/10 – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 9, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 1 hand

I2 WTH-1S Whitworth
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 16/16 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
RA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
LL A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
RL A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte Ruput Marsden
Mechwarrior Player: Uberjew
Armament:
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 30, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

I3 WVE-5N Wyvern
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 16/16 (11/11)
CT A(S): 13/20 (14/14)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 10/16 (11/11)
LA A(S): 3/14 (7/7)
RA A(S): 0/14 (7/7)
LL A(S): 22/22 (11/11)
RL A(S): 15/22 (11/11)
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte VII Gwenhwyfar Kerwyn
Mechwarrior Player: Revenant Threshold
Armament:
LRM 10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 11, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!, Ammo Status: Hot-Loaded)
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L: M: S: Min:), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
CASE – RT
CASE – LT
Notes: 2 hands

I4 CRB-27 Crab
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 16/16 (12/12)
CT A(S): 20/20 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 16/16 (12/12)
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 16
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte II Cassandra Przymus
Mechwarrior Player: Mr. Despair
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

I5 KTO-19 Kintaro
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 23/23 (13/13)
RL A(S): 23/23 (13/13)
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte V Kei Katou
Mechwarrior Player: W.T. Fits
Armament:
LRM 5 – LA (Heat: 2, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 28, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3 Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Narc Missile Beacon – CT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 11, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

I6 CHP-1N Champion
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 6/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/18 (14/14)
CT A(S): 21/24 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 18/18 (14/14)
LA A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
RA A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
LL A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
RL A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
Mechwarrior Name: Adept II Tyr Vandal
Mechwarrior Player: DatonKallandor
Armament:
SRM 6 w/ Artemis IV – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!, Ammo Status: Artemis IV Capable)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3 Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3 Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – CT (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – CT (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
LB 10-X Autocannon – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6), Status: OK!, Ammo Status: 2 tons cluster)
Notes: no arm actuators

Enemy Status
C1 Guillotine?
Tonnage: 70?
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Overheat Penalty: None!
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

C2 Phoenix Hawk?
Tonnage: 45?
Armament: Large Pulse Laser, 3 Medium Pulse Lasers, 2 Streak SRM 2s, 4 Machine Guns, Remainder Unknown
Notes:

C3 Grasshopper?
Tonnage: 70?
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

??? Clan Infantry
Gunnery: 2
Anti-Mech: 2
Notes: Ambush Ace! Has ‘Ace’ status if not detected on the immediately previous turn!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 28, 2013

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

And there it is. The moment we have been waiting for. Wings do not make for good fists.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
So pleased the first reaction to The Surprise was the Champion punching itself in the head.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ohhhhh poo poo, ?????? Infantry, the clan's greatest weapon...

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

At least we can confirm that it is in fact a Goshawk. Nothing says unfair clans like Pulse lasers backed by a TarComp.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I have no hands and I must scream.
You're making the Champion sad, PTN. Look at this face and apologize:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have to say it's pretty impressive for a mech like the Champion to punch itself in the head, much less punch itself anywhere else

Anyway now things start to get good. :munch:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

well poo poo. SWARM, SWARM, loving SWARM THEM, some other mech walk over to the champion and shoot them the gently caress off. Whitworth pilot, why in the gently caress didn't you shoot? what was the problem? cannot into guns? WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

How do missiles work in vacuum? There's no atmosphere, so control surfaces are useless, and Battletech does not strike me as a setting in which munitions are guided by thrust-vectoring (which is probably lostech anyway).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"BAM! Why are you <REDACTED>ing yourself?"

But seriously, how the hell does a Champion punch itself in the face? It's about as waddly as an Annihilator or a Warhawk.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

How do missiles work in vacuum? There's no atmosphere, so control surfaces are useless, and Battletech does not strike me as a setting in which munitions are guided by thrust-vectoring (which is probably lostech anyway).

Actually I think thrust-vectoring is lostech, or it is in the case of one set of munitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Well, it seems like the best course of action will be to panic and swarm the 2 heavy mechs there, shoot them up, kick them up, and then order the drop ship captain to self destruct before we kill ourselves.

But seriously, would swarming the enemy mechs and getting into a brawl while the 'hawk is on the wrong side be a bad idea?

• Locked thread