Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

AtomikKrab posted:

I bid 16 veteran mackies.

Ill take this with a binary of Hunchback IICs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

raverrn posted:

Ill take this with a binary of Hunchback IICs.

Alas, you've been underbid already by the star we're fighting against in this thread, who The Merry Marauder claimed could take on any reinforced company in the Inner Sphere. (By which he meant the original star, with the Stone Rhino and Warhammer IIc in there instead of the Elementals.)

Since that force is demonstrably weaker than 10 Hunchback IIcs, you'll have to bid again. :)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tempest_56 posted:

Let's Talk about : Elementals & Battle Armor

and a one-shot SRM2 on their back.

Don't elementals actually have 4 missiles for their SRM2? Makes them not quite one shot.

Also, the Elemental SRM2s can fire the missiles at two different targets as long as they're both in the front fire arc.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

jng2058 posted:

Alas, you've been underbid already by the star we're fighting against in this thread, who The Merry Marauder claimed could take on any reinforced company in the Inner Sphere. (By which he meant the original star, with the Stone Rhino and Warhammer IIc in there instead of the Elementals.)

Since that force is demonstrably weaker than 10 Hunchback IIcs, you'll have to bid again. :)

Fine. 10 Hunchback IICs, Stackpole rules enabled.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
With all this :awesome: going on I might have to throw my hat in too. I'll start working on a reinforced company.

Mr. Despair posted:

Going to be away from the computer until tomorrow night, so I sent in some orders. Lets do this.

Beautiful :golfclap:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
My bid is a Binary of Firemoth-D mechs with attendant Elementals.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mukaikubo posted:

in my eyes the first duty of a battlemech is to stay combat-capable (paging von Tirpitz)

Aah, the "mech-in-being" philosophy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I bid a dozen Piranhas. (I have no idea if it's a good bid or not but I want to play a dozen piranhas against someone)

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Leperflesh posted:

I bid a dozen Piranhas. (I have no idea if it's a good bid or not but I want to play a dozen piranhas against someone)

For their sake, I hope they have Hardened armor, open terrain, or both.

If the terrain is tight and they have normal armor? Well... Freaking ouch.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I bid all in! We're playing poker right?

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I bid three points of Nova Cat C's and two points of Golem battle armor on randomly generated terrain.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I bid a backhoe, to dig the hole we have run this joke into even deeper.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I bid 3 Spades.

(Which makes it a Bridge joke too far.)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Zaodai posted:

I bid 3 Spades.

I declare you the winner of the derail! Nicely done, sir. :golfclap:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

UberJew posted:

This is a brilliant idea

But what if the 'mechs can't kick high enough? In order to bring a 'mech's foot to head and torso level barring an elevation difference, wouldn't you need something more drastic?

On that note, please don't DFA each other in an attempt to magnetize the Elementals.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Zaodai posted:

I bid 3 Spades.

does that mean you don't have... game?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Zaodai posted:

I bid 3 Spades.

Spade?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

does that mean you don't have... game?

Perhaps with all these loving magnets around, he doesn't worry about his leg cut off.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Just focus what fire you've got left on the damaged mechs one by one. The Elementals are going to rip you a new one, and we don't have adequate defenses against it - this is a loss clock, just like last mission, still doable but much tighter. We can do it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Just as a head's up, Shiva has summer semester starting and no longer has time to reliably give orders. After this next turn, I'm looking for a replacement, and first up on the roster is Gothsheep, who feels terrible about letting my E-Mail go to a spam account.

However... depending on how turn 5 goes, there's a fair chance the Clint could wind up crippled. If that happens, I'd feel bad about inflicting it on an alternate player... so I may open it up to the MVPs of previous games to see if they can do something cool with a crippled 'Mech.

Update soon.

Elementals are dangerous even when they're not swarming someone.

Edit: Nevermind. It's probably not going to matter.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 5, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Nevermind. It's probably not going to matter.

Edits like this warm the bitter, frozen cockles of my heart.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I honestly just think hex 1503 is unlucky. Either that, or these Elementals really want to prove themselves.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
elementals are just that good :unsmith:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
gently caress yeah, go Horsies!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

As I said, this is pretty much the best environment for an Elemental to be in. Limited range, highly vulnerable targets, and serious WTF factor going on.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nadir: Tactical Update 5

Movement Phase
I1 Clint walks 4 to hex 0105!
I2 Whitworth runs 3 to hex 1503!

I2 Whitworth must pass a piloting test or be thrown into space (4 base + 1 movement = 5): rolled (5+3) 8, succeeds!
I2 Whitworth remains vulnerable to forced piloting tests this turn!

I3 Wyvern holds position!
I4 Crab walks 3 to hex 1702!
I5 Kintaro walks 3 to hex 1505!

?2 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) move with I2 Whitworth, now in hex 1503!
?3 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) move with I1 Clint, now in hex 0105!

Combat Phase:
?2 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) are Swarming I2 Whitworth: Automatic hit!
?2 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) rolls (1+2) 3 hits Rear Center Torso (0/5 armor, 2/12 structure remaining)! Swarm Attack Critical Chance! Critical chance! Breach!

?3 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) are Swarming I1 Clint: Automatic hit!
?3 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) rolls (6+6) 12 hits Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Swarm Attack Critical Chance! Critical chance! Breach! Pilot killed!

I1 Clint torso twists to face hex 1204!
I1 Clint fires Autocannon/10 at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (5+5) 10, hit Left Torso (0/22 armor, 14/15 structure remains)! Critical Chance! Breach!
I1 Clint fires Medium Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (5+3) 8, hit Center Torso (19/27 armor remains)!
I1 Clint gains 7 heat, sinks 10+2! 0 heat builds up!

I2 Whitworth fires Medium Laser at C1 Guillotine? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (5+5) 10, hit Left Torso (9/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
I2 Whitworth fires Medium Laser at C1 Guillotine? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (1+2) 3, miss!
I2 Whitworth fires Medium Laser at C1 Guillotine? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (2+5) 7, hit Left Arm (4/20 armor remains)!
I2 Whitworth fires SRM 6 at C1 Guillotine? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (5+1) 6, (3+6) 5 missiles hit Center Torso (17/27 armor remains), Left Leg (8/22 armor remains), Center Torso (15/27 armor remains), Left Leg (6/22 armor remains), Right Torso (20/22 armor remains)!
I2 Whitworth fires SRM 6 at C1 Guillotine? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (5+4) 9, (3+1) 3 missiles hit Left Arm (2/20 armor remains), Left Arm (0/20 armor remains (Breach!)), Right Leg (2/22 armor remains)!
I2 Whitworth gains 18 heat, sinks 14+2! 2 heat builds up!

I3 Wyvern fires LRM 10 at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (2+3) 5, (4+3) 6 missiles hit Trooper 3 (5/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 1 (9/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!))!
I3 Wyvern fires Small Laser at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (3+3) 6, hit Trooper 3 (2/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!))!
I3 Wyvern fires Small Laser at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (6+1) 7, hit Trooper 4 (7/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!))!
I3 Wyvern fires SRM 6 at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (4+1) 5, (5+4) 5 missiles hit Trooper 5 (8/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 4 (5/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 1 (7/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 1 (5/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 2 (8/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!))!
I3 Wyvern gains 7 heat, sinks 12+2! 0 heat builds up!

I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (5+4) 9, hit Right Torso (12/20 armor remains)! Through-armor critical chance!
I4 Crab fires Medium Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (2+4) 6, hit Left Arm (6/11 structure remains)! Critical chance!
I4 Crab fires Small Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 7): rolled (5+1) 6, miss!
I4 Crab gains 13 heat, sinks 16+2! 5 heat dissipates! Overheat penalty ends!

I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (1+4) 5, miss!
I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at ?1 Infantry? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 6): rolled (5+2) 7, (2+2) 3 missiles hit Trooper 2 (6/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 2 (4/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!)), Trooper 4 (3/10+1 armor remains (breach chance!))!
I5 Kintaro gains 9 heat, sinks 10+2! 3 heat dissipates! Overheat penalty ends!

C1 Guillotine? fires ER PPC at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (2+1) 3, miss!
C1 Guillotine? fires ER Medium Laser at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (2+4) 6, hit Head (2/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
C1 Guillotine? fires ER Medium Laser at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (4+2) 6, hit Center Torso (13/20 armor remains)!
C1 Guillotine? fires SRM 6 at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (2+6) 8, (5+3) 4 missiles hit Left Arm (14/16 armor remains), Left Arm (12/16 armor remains), Right Torso (14/16 armor remains), Right Torso (12/16 armor remains)!
C1 Guillotine? gains 35 heat! 1 heat builds up!

C2 Phoenix Hawk? holds fire!
C2 Unknown Medium gains 1 heat! 0 heat builds up!

C3 Grasshopper? has no unengaged targets, holds fire!
C3 Grasshopper? gains 1 heat! 0 heat builds up!

?1 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) fire Small Lasers at C3 Wyvern (2 base + 0 range + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (3+5) 8, (6+2) 3 small lasers hit Left Leg (19/22 armor remains), Right Leg (12/22 armor remains), Left Arm (0/14 armor remains)!
?1 Infantry? (Ambush Ace) fire SRM 2s at C3 Wyvern (2 base + 0 range + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (1+5) 6, 8 missiles hit Left Arm (5/7 structure remains (critical chance! Breach!)), Left Arm (3/7 structure remains (critical chance!)), Left Arm (1/7 structure remains (critical chance!)), Head (7/9 armor remains (pilot hit!)), Right Torso (8/16 armor remains), Center Torso (11/20 armor remains), Center Torso (9/20 armor remains), Right Arm (5/7 structure remains (critical chance! Breach!))!

End Phase:
I1 Clint swarm attack critical chance in Head! No critical hits sustained!

I1 Clint critical chance in Head! 1 critical hit sustained!
Sensors hit!

I1 Clint destroyed by damage, pilot killed!

I2 Whitworth swarm attack critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

I2 Whitworth critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

I2 Whitworth destroyed by breach!

I3 Wyvern critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hits sustained!

I3 Wyvern critical chance in Right Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
Small laser destroyed!

I3 Wyvern Left Arm destroyed by breach!

I3 Wyvern Right Arm destroyed by breach!

I3 Wyvern must make a 3+ consciousness test: rolled (3+2) 5, succeeds!

I4 Crab must make a 3+ consciousness test: rolled (2+4) 6, succeeds!

C1 Guillotine? critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!

C1 Guillotine? suffers a through-armor critical chance in the Right Torso! No critical hit sustained!

C1 Guillotine? left torso breached! Left Torso and Left Arm rendered useless! Jump MP reduced to 3, 3 double heat sinks lost! Clan ER Medium Laser destroyed! Clan ER PPC destroyed!

?1 Infantry? Trooper 1 chance for breach! (6+6) 12, trooper breached! Trooper 1 killed by breach!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 1 chance for breach! Already breached!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 1 chance for breach! Already breached!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 2 chance for breach! (6+1) 7, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 2 chance for breach! (3+6) 9, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 2 chance for breach! (6+5) 11, trooper breached! Trooper 2 killed by breach!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 3 chance for breach! (2+6) 8, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 3 chance for breach! (6+1) 7, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 4 chance for breach! (5+3) 8, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 4 chance for breach! (6+2) 8, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 4 chance for breach! (5+4) 9, no breach sustained!
?1 Infantry? Trooper 5 chance for breach! (6+1) 7, no breach sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
I3 Wyvern kicks ?1 Infantry (4 base + 0 movement + 1 target movement - 2 kick = 3): rolled (1+5), hit Trooper 4 (0/10+1 armor remains)! Trooper 4 killed!
I5 Kintaro kicks C1 Guillotine (4 base + 1 movement + 1 target movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled (3+3) 6, hit Trooper 5 (0/10+1 armor remains)! Trooper 5 killed!

End Phase:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase

The scrape of metal against cockpit glass was almost more than Jim Westwood could tolerate. A nine-year veteran of the ComGuards, he’d served with distinction in the “southwestern trinity” worlds of the Free Worlds League. He was growing to dislike his reassignment to the Draconis Combine with an intensity that bordered on outright hatred, and the Clan space marine stubbornly clinging to his cockpit wasn’t helping matters.

The frost-rimed fingers of the Clanner’s battle claw tensed against the cockpit glass. It crazed under the pressure, then cracked—and Westwood cracked along with it. He broke formation with a charge, slipping in behind the Clan Guillotine—but damned if he wasn’t going to at least try to take one of these assholes with him. The Clanner seemed surprised by his willingness to get close, or perhaps simply discounted him as a threat, and began firing at Cassandra’s bigger Crab.

He pressed the barrel of his autocannon against the Guillotine’s left side, at this range he couldn’t miss the gaping holes in the ‘Mech’s armor.

Westwood was buffeted by an outrush of air as his cockpit glass shattered. He gritted his teeth, staring intently at the Clan infantryman. The Clanner raised its left hand, the barrel of the anti-personnel machinegun coming in line with Jim’s chest. He flipped it off with his left hand as he opened fire with his right. The Guillotine staggered as its torso breached; that far-too-deadly PPC dropping limp as the breach severed its power and support.

The Clanner fired a fraction of a second too late.

Enemy Forces:
C1 Guillotine?: Holds position!
C2 Phoenix Hawk?: walks 4 to hex 0105!
C3 Grasshopper?: walks 3 to hex 0103!
?1 Infantry?: jumps 1 to hex 1406!
?2 Infantry?: holds position!
?3 Infantry?: jumps ? to hex ????! Attempts to move out of line of sight!

Mission Objectives
Defeat the Hell’s Horses (in progress)

I1 CLNT-1-2LT Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 0/9 (0/3)
LT A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 14/14 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 10/10 (6/6)
RA A(S): 10/10 (6/6)
LL A(S): 17/17 (10/10)
RL A(S): 17/17 (10/10)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte IX Jim Westwood
Mechwarrior Player: Shiva Asori
Mechwarrior Status: Killed by Elementals!
Armament:
Autocannon/10 – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Head destroyed!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed!

I2 WTH-1S Whitworth
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 16/16 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 12/12 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
RA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
LL A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
RL A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte Ruput Marsden
Mechwarrior Player: Uberjew
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 28, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Center Torso Breached!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed by breach!

I3 WVE-5N Wyvern
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 16/16 (11/11)
CT A(S): 13/20 (14/14)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 10/16 (11/11)
LA A(S): 0/14 (1/7)
RA A(S): 0/14 (7/7)
LL A(S): 19/22 (11/11)
RL A(S): 12/22 (11/11)
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte VII Gwenhwyfar Kerwyn
Mechwarrior Player: Revenant Threshold
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+)!
Armament:
LRM 10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!, Ammo Status: Hot-Loaded)
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L: M: S: Min:), Status: Destroyed!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: Destroyed!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: Destroyed!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
CASE – RT
CASE – LT
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

I4 CRB-27 Crab
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 2/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 16/16 (12/12)
CT A(S): 13/20 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 12/16 (12/12)
LA A(S): 12/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 0/16 (4/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Heat: 1/30
Overheat Penalty: None!
Heat Sinks: 16
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte II Cassandra Przymus
Mechwarrior Player: Mr. Despair
Mechwarrior Status: Popped eardrums (3+)!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: DESTROYED!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

I5 KTO-19 Kintaro
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 2/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 17/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 0/18 (3/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 16/23 (13/13)
RL A(S): 18/23 (13/13)
Heat: 3/30
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte V Kei Katou
Mechwarrior Player: W.T. Fits
Mechwarrior Status: Unintended Lasik Surgery (3+)
Armament:
LRM 5 – LA (Heat: 2, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: DESTROYED!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 26, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3 Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Narc Missile Beacon – CT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

I6 CHP-1N Champion
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Adept II Tyr Vandal
Mechwarrior Player: DatonKallandor
Mechwarrior Status: Mild Concussion (3+)
Critical Damage: Center Torso Breached!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed by breach!

Enemy Status
C1 Guillotine?
Tonnage: 70?
Critical Damage: Left Torso destroyed! Left Arm destroyed!
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Armament: 2 Large Lasers, Medium Laser, SRM 6
Notes:

C2 Phoenix Hawk?
Tonnage: 45?
Armament: Large Laser, 3 Medium Lasers, 2 SRM 2s, 4 Machine Guns
Notes:

C3 Grasshopper?
Tonnage: 70?
Armament: Large Laser, 4 Medium Lasers, LRM 10
Notes:

?1 Clan Infantry
Gunnery: 2
Anti-Mech: 2
Notes: Ambush Ace! Has ‘Ace’ status if not detected on the immediately previous turn!

?2 Clan Infantry
Notes: Ambush Ace! Has ‘Ace’ status if not detected on the immediately previous turn!

?3 Clan Infantry

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 28, 2013

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Well this is getting exciting.

e. Looks like you still have my crab's overheat penalty listed in the end turn status even though it's running cool again.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
I had been thinking "Well, in a non zero grav environment, those Elementals wouldn't have been that bad"

Now this.

Seriously, the three points of Elementals might have been able to win this by themselves. They're down 4/15 and the remaining three Comguards are heavily damaged. The three "Horsie" mechs should just back off and watch.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Well, that was an action packed turn. The Level 2 is down below half strength, and the Hell's Horses units are, for the most part, still going strong. Things aren't looking too good for the players. Those Elementals are true terrors.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Waiting eagerly for the finish. At this point, I'd like to see our guys at least take down 1/3 of the objective. We haven't absolutely failed any mission yet, we won't on this one. C'mon, guys, the three of you can bring down the Guillotine!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just want to make sure of something; the last Elemental from ?1 isn't actually swarming I3, he's just occupying the same space at the moment, correct?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

W.T. Fits posted:

Just want to make sure of something; the last Elemental from ?1 isn't actually swarming I3, he's just occupying the same space at the moment, correct?

That is correct. He doesn't get to make a swarm attempt until the shooting phase.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
I think this goes to show that even if it's difficult goons really need to do some basic coordination. After several turns of completely splitting fire the clan units look very banged up, but none are out of commision. It seems like with a little concentrating of fire they'd still have a shot even with the elementals completely wrecking their poo poo.

On that note do elementals have a special hit table consisting of only Head or Rear Center Torso that I wasn't aware of or is PTN just really lucky with his rolls?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Poptarts ninja posted:

?1 Infantry? Trooper 1 chance for breach! (6+6) 12, trooper breached! Trooper 1 killed by breach!

Does this mean Point Commander Caim Cairn is now spinning off into the abyss? I guess he's murdering space-babies now. :911:

But seriously, this is looking really really bad for Comstar here. Two Battlemechs down and little appreciable damage to the Hell's Horses. I guess if you were going to give Elementals a memorable introduction PTN, this was a great way to do it. These bastards are ruthless if they can find cover.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have some questions about the update, Poptarts:

In the combat log for I3 Wyvern, you list damage done to the units of ?1 (like, "hit Trooper 4 (7/10+1 armor remains ..."

But in the later logs, you always list troopers as (/10+1 armor remains). So I'm wondering if that's an omission in the later logs, or if you intended to not show us damage done in the Wyvern log.

Next, in the Physical Combat section you say "I5 Kintaro kicks C1 Guillotine (4 base + 1 movement + 1 target movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled (3+3) 6, hit Trooper 5 (0/10+1 armor remains)! Trooper 5 killed!"

I think you meant to say it was kicking the elementals instead...
Next, in this update:

quote:

I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 5): rolled (5+4) 9, hit Right Torso (12/20 armor remains)! Through-armor critical chance!
I believe C1 has 22 original armor on the right torso (based on earlier updates), not 20, although I don't think that's important.

Finally, C1 took over 20 damage... but is falling over impossible due to loving magnets, so there's no need for the piloting roll?

Octatonic posted:

But seriously, this is looking really really bad for Comstar here. Two Battlemechs down and little appreciable damage to the Hell's Horses. I guess if you were going to give Elementals a memorable introduction PTN, this was a great way to do it. These bastards are ruthless if they can find cover.

The Comstar team actually has three mechs down. But, on the Hell's Horses side, that Guillotine is properly hosed, and one of the squads of elementals is also pretty much done.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 5, 2011

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

cafel posted:

On that note do elementals have a special hit table consisting of only Head or Rear Center Torso that I wasn't aware of or is PTN just really lucky with his rolls?

Swarm attacks have their own hit table, on which they cannot hit the legs, but can hit arms, head and both front and rear torso locations. Leg attacks (which are actually somewhat easier to pull off) roll on the same table as a kick coming in from the front.

Also, yaaaay, Elemental-kicking. :neckbeard:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Fun to imagine the mechs just punting the Elementals and watching them spin off into the starscape.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

*cough*

PoptartsNinja posted:

I4 Crab fires Small Laser at C1 Guillotine? (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement = 7): rolled (6+1) 7, miss!

I think you're confusing yourself a bit during the write up with the inclusion of the individual rolls.

Leperflesh posted:

But in the later logs, you always list troopers as (/10+1 armor remains). So I'm wondering if that's an omission in the later logs, or if you intended to not show us damage done in the Wyvern log.
All the ones he ommitted are dead. Only Trooper 3 (2/10 +1) is still alive.

And man those Elementals are brutal. They killed 2 mechs. Ok, the Whitworth was apparently almost dead already. But the one-shot that Clint with 12 damage to the head.

Ouch.

Hmm, seeing as the swarming attack apparently does as many hits as two die - does it matter how many of the unit are still alive? I.e. will a swarming attack by ?1 Infantry? do as much damage as by the other ones?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Chair In A Basket posted:

Fun to imagine the mechs just punting the Elementals and watching them spin off into the starscape.

Pity they've got jump thruster things that let them rejoin the fight, otherwise this'd be hilarious.

Welp, this is going to be a crushing defeat. It's a good thing we don't really have a horse in the race in this game, Comstar losing is bad for Comstar, not the Goon audience. Heck, so far we've not done very well against the clans, maybe we should be helping them win?

Of course, the surest way to do that is to keep taking missions where we face them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Well, that's most of my armamen gone. But my Wyvern's right arm was hanging by a thread, so that's not all that suprising.

• Locked thread