Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

an oddly awful oud posted:

The Black Lanner just looks like a cross between a Mad Dog and a Cauldron-Born, which are two of the better-looking 'mechs. There are way worse ones (e.g. pretty much anything from TRO 3055 or 3060).
The Hauptmann is a 3060 design. Personally the Raijin is one of the more derpy, as is the Jaegermech III. There are some others which just plain suffer in the execution. The Sentinel is silly, and the Hellspawn looks like it took an Atlas' foot to the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I have a soft spot for 3060, but besides the Hauptmann, Highlander IIc and the Barghest, I can't think of a not-ugly mech. A lot of the tanks look good though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Fraction Jackson posted:

FLC-8R Falconer

This gives me a serious Tachikoma (sp?) vibe.

Testicular Torsion
Jan 21, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

I have a soft spot for 3060, but besides the Hauptmann, Highlander IIc and the Barghest, I can't think of a not-ugly mech. A lot of the tanks look good though.

Hey now, the Cougar, Blood Asp and Nova Cat are all 3060. Also comedy answer Yeoman.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Bleh, I wasn't able to finish the update tonite. I should have it tomorrow, sorry everyone. :(

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Bleh, I wasn't able to finish the update tonite. I should have it tomorrow, sorry everyone. :(

I demand a full refund of everything I have paid to you for this free entertainment!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So much for supposed Clan efficency. :smug:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mukaikubo posted:

I demand a full refund of everything I have paid to you for this free entertainment!

Don't you have to win some kind of Trial of Repossession or something along those lines before you can get a refund?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Don't you have to win some kind of Trial of Repossession or something along those lines before you can get a refund?

You forgot the initial Trial of Grievance to determine if you can pursue the Trial of Repossession to get the refund. I love Clan culture. :v:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

landcollector posted:

You forgot the initial Trial of Grievance to determine if you can pursue the Trial of Repossession to get the refund. I love Clan culture. :v:

God, I wish I could institute clan rules at my workplace

"YOu don't have a reciept? Well, here's a rifle. I'll be in that Omnimech. And then, if you win, we'll do it again so you can get some of your money back"

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Defiance Industries posted:

Sorry but......

WHAT THE gently caress?

This is the book that gave us the [url= http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ishtar_(Combat_Vehicle)]Ishtar[/url], the Ku, the Indra, the Odin the Unpronouncable and the "HEY GUIZ! We normally need to make a mech out of a vehicle at the last mintue but THIS time....." tank.

Heck, all of the clan tanks look retarded by Battletech standards.

And really, you don't like the Beowulf? The Blitzkrieg? The Enforcer III? Buccaneer? Marshall? Apart from the dumb knee-guns the Viking is awesome. The Corvis is a nice intermediate design.

There are some ultra-derpy mechs in there, but the book overal isn't bad. It's no TRO 3025 but I'm not dissapointed I bought it.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, I wish I could institute clan rules at my workplace

"You don't have a receipt? Well, here's a rifle. I'll be in that Omnimech. And then, if you win, we'll do it again so you can get some of your money back"

No, the Trial of Grievance wouldn't be augmented. It would go like this.

"You don't have a receipt? You really want that refund enough to self-righteously demand it? Okay, there's a process you have to go through. First you'll need to submit a grievance with Dave over there, he's our grievance officer. Dave's the guy who's six-foot-six and works as a bouncer on weekends for fun. The grievance you have to submit with him is getting into a boxing ring with him, and then subdue him or disqualify him, either by knocking him out, putting him a submission hold, or ejecting him from the boundary of the Circle of Equals.

Then, once your grievance has been successfully submitted, your refund will need to be processed. You'll have to go home - optionally, take the time to heal the injuries you sustained in your grievance with Dave, we can wait. Then, bring your combat vehicle out to Busker's Quarry at a time and date you informed us about. Please give us at least two day's notice. Don't have a combat vehicle? Well, you'll need to get one, go ahead and weld some hillbilly armor and a couple of machine guns onto your car. Or make a Killdozer, whatever works for you, just so long as it's a ground vehicle. You'll be fighting my boss, Jim Sanderson. You know he's good, because he has a surname. He's got a surplus M-113 with an automatic grenade launcher turret with a coaxial machine gun, and a fixed-forward machine gun. If you defeat Jim Sanderson and his M-113, then you have won your refund."

@Arq: Normally, we refer to the Unpronounceable as the Aztec Assault Vehicle. The Odin doesn't really look all that bad, IMO. Also, the Epona and Hephaestus look pretty good.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The best mad cat... or the better mad cat?

:v:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Axe-man posted:

Leopard spots make it go faster. Vroom vroom.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

@Arq: Normally, we refer to the Unpronounceable as the Aztec Assault Vehicle. The Odin doesn't really look all that bad, IMO. Also, the Epona and Hephaestus look pretty good.
Well the Epona is subjective, even though I personally like it, but the Hephaestus isn't a TRO 3060 tank, it's TRO 3067.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arquinsiel posted:

Heck, all of the clan tanks look retarded by Battletech standards.

Not all of them. The lighter ones are by and large dumb looking, but I like the Athena, Mars, Oro, Ares and Epona. Still, though, Clan machinery tends to look dumb. I was, when saying that, thinking primarily of the IS tanks. I like most of them quite well.

quote:

And really, you don't like the Beowulf? The Blitzkrieg? The Enforcer III? Buccaneer? Marshall? Apart from the dumb knee-guns the Viking is awesome. The Corvis is a nice intermediate design.

There are some ultra-derpy mechs in there, but the book overal isn't bad. It's no TRO 3025 but I'm not dissapointed I bought it.

For the most part, I should note I have a strong dislike for rounded armor. The Enforcer III is especially egregious to me, because they took the original Enforcer and rounded off all the edges. Also it has some of the dumbest fluff ever.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Axe-man posted:

Speaking of TRO 3055, the Rakshasa is the most pointless 'mech in existence. At least it's not as ugly as some of the rest.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

"Fraction jackson posted:

FLC-8R Falconer

This is totally an Emancipator from Starsiege.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

raverrn posted:

This is totally an Emancipator from Starsiege.

I actually played the Starseige/Cyberstorm games before I played any of the Mechwarrior ones, and I have to be careful in mixed company not to say the word Herc.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

an oddly awful oud posted:

Speaking of TRO 3055, the Rakshasa is the most pointless 'mech in existence.
Look up the Rakshasa 1Mr and 2A and be amazed at how incredibly wrong you are.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Axe-man posted:

I can just imagine the hissing fit thrown by the first Clanner to meet it in combat.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Magni posted:

I can just imagine the hissinglaughing fit thrown by the first Clanner to meet it in combat.
Fixed that for you.

I imagine the first Clanner to run into a Black Hawk-KU had a similar reaction.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Gay Abortions posted:

Fixed that for you.

I imagine the first Clanner to run into a Black Hawk-KU had a similar reaction.

The thing is that the Rakshasa and Black Hawk-KU aren't actually bad mechs. Kind of tragic though. Amusingly enough the -KU Prime has about as much sustainable firepower as the real (not PTN) Nova Prime, although with much lower range.

They're just good enough to piss Clan pilots off, but not good enough to win. It's a tragic state of affairs.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I tend to maul clanners with the BHKU what you talking about? the thing with the BHKU is it has one purpose, get into short range and MAUL you have no reason to not be firing all 4 pulse lasers and at least 4-5 mediums per turn, that is some serious damage. And the BHKU is just as fast, better armored (more vulnerable to death from inner sphere engine tech i'll give) and has a weight advantage. brawler mechs gotta brawl is all. one on one yeah it loses thanks to 4/5 vs 3/4 pilots, give the BHKU a 3/4 and a diverse battlefield and it can take a nova.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

MJ12 posted:

The thing is that the Rakshasa and Black Hawk-KU aren't actually bad mechs. Kind of tragic though. Amusingly enough the -KU Prime has about as much sustainable firepower as the real (not PTN) Nova Prime, although with much lower range.

They're just good enough to piss Clan pilots off, but not good enough to win. It's a tragic state of affairs.

Actually, the Rakshasa and BHKU are perfectly good Inner Sphere heavies, against pretty much any opponents. Sure, you can't use them the same way as the original Clan designs, but they do a job; the Rakshasa is a good mobile fire support platform and the BHKU is a flanker/brawler. They're great punch-for-BV overall.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Some abysmal dice rolls this round. I don't think I've ever seen so many '4's.

... The worst part of it is, most of those would've still been hits if it weren't for the partial cover penalty.

Edit: I had no idea the Kintaro's Left Torso was designed by the same guy who designed the Marauder.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 10, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Some abysmal dice rolls this round. I don't think I've ever seen so many '4's.

... The worst part of it is, most of those would've still been hits if it weren't for the partial cover penalty.

Edit: I had no idea the Kintaro's Left Torso was designed by the same guy who designed the Marauder.

Well, that's disheartening news. I assume we lost the Kintaro, then?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

landcollector posted:

Well, that's disheartening news. I assume we lost the Kintaro, then?

The kintaro's LT is full of only ammo.

That is a pretty good assumption.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nadir: Tactical Update 7

Movement Phase
I3 Wyvern reverses 1 to hex 1306!
I4 Crab reverses 4 to hex 1606!
I5 Kintaro walks 1 to hex 1504!

Combat Phase:
I3 Wyvern holds fire!
I3 Wyvern gains 1 heat, sinks 12+2! 0 heat builds up!

I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled (1+3) 4, miss!
I4 Crab fires Medium Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled (3+1) 4, miss!
I4 Crab fires Small Laser at ?2 Infantry? (3 base + out of range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = out of range): Automatic Miss!
I4 Crab gains 13 heat, sinks 16+2! 5 heat dissipates! Overheat penalty ends!

I5 Kintaro fires NARC Missile Beacon at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled (4+1) 5, miss!
I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled (2+3) 5, miss!
I5 Kintaro fires SRM 6 at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled (4+6) 10, (5+4) 5 missiles Center Torso (10/29 armor remains), Right Leg (damage absorbed by Dropship), Right Arm (9/16 armor remains), Right Torso (11/20 armor remains), Left Arm (4/16 armor remains)!
I5 Kintaro gains 6 heat, sinks 10+2! 3 heat dissipates!

C1 Guillotine IIC fires Large Pulse Laser at I5 Kintaro (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled (2+5) 7, hit Right Leg (damage absorbed by Dropship)!
C1 Guillotine IIC fires Large Pulse Laser at I5 Kintaro (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled (4+5) 9, hit Left Torso (2/18 armor remains)!
C1 Guillotine IIC fires ER Medium Laser at I5 Kintaro (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled (4+6) 10, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 8/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance! Breach!
C1 Guillotine IIC fires SRM 6 at I5 Kintaro (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled (6+4) 10, (3+3) 4 missiles hit Right Leg (damage absorbed by Dropship), Left Torso (10/18 armor remains), Left Leg (damage absorbed by Dropship), Right Leg (damage absorbed by Dropship)!
C1 Guillotine IIC gains 1 heat! 1 heat builds up!

C2 Phoenix Hawk? fires Large Pulse Laser at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (6+4) 10, hit Right Torso (2/16 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? fires Medium Pulse Laser at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (3+6) 9, hit Left Torso (9/16 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? fires Medium Pulse Laser at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 3): rolled (2+2) 4, hit Center Torso (6/20 armor remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? fires Streak SRM 2 at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled (6+1) 7, 2 missiles hit Left Arm (10/16 armor remains), Right Arm (2/8 structure remains)!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? fires Streak SRM 2 at I4 Crab (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 target movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled (3+1) 4, Streak SRM 2 fails to acquire target!
C2 Phoenix Hawk? gains 26 heat! 2 heat builds up!

C3 Grasshopper IIC has holds fire!
C3 Grasshopper IIC gains 1 heat! 0 heat builds up!

End Phase:
I5 Kintaro suffers a critical chance in the Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!

I5 Kintaro Left Torso destroyed by breach!

Physical Combat Phase:

End Phase:

“Freebirth, why won’t they just die?!” Mechwarrior Twilight shouted over the comms, slamming her fist down on her command couch and sending her Vapor Eagle’s left arm spinning in a wild move. The only Trueborn in the entire Cluster, as her dishonor grew so too her rage and, inversely, her self control. She longed for a challenge, and even here in the frigid void, she could not find one.

The enemy crab continued to scuttle about as though the pilot were half-trained, her computer projecting the arcs of its lasers. She sidestepped them with a deft surety completely at odds with her wild rage. Among the Clans, only incompetence was an unforgivable Sin—and Twilight was far from incompetent.

At thirty five, she was simply too old for a line Cluster and had been reassigned—on the very brink of her Clan’s glorious invasion—to a Solamha unit to hunt bandits and protect conquered worlds so the laborers could see to the re-education of the populace.

In her cockpit, she shrieked like a wounded Jade Falcon ‘Mechwarrior, uncaring that her Star had long-ago muted her ravings. Her gaze settled on the Crab—her chosen foe. Let the others fire on her, by Kerensky she would get a good fight from it yet!

Enemy Forces:
C1 Guillotine IIC: Walks 1 to hex 1801!
C2 Phoenix Hawk?: walks 4 to hex 1901!
C3 Grasshopper IIC: walks 3 to hex 1701!

Mission Objectives
Defeat the Hell’s Horses (in progress)

I1 CLNT-1-2LT Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte IX Jim Westwood
Mechwarrior Player: Shiva Asori
Mechwarrior Status: Killed by Elementals!
Critical Damage: Head destroyed!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed!

I2 WTH-1S Whitworth
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte Ruput Marsden
Mechwarrior Player: Uberjew
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Critical Damage: Center Torso Breached!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed by breach!

I3 WVE-5N Wyvern
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 13/16 (11/11)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 13/20 (14/14)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 10/16 (11/11)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 0/14 (0/7)
RA A(S): 0/14 (7/7)
LL A(S): 19/22 (11/11)
RL A(S): 9/22 (11/11)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte VII Gwenhwyfar Kerwyn
Mechwarrior Player: Revenant Threshold
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+)!
Armament:
LRM 10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 9, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!, Ammo Status: Hot-Loaded)
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L: M: S: Min:), Status: Destroyed!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: Destroyed!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: Destroyed!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 13, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
CASE – RT
CASE – LT
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

I4 CRB-27 Crab
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 2/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 9/16 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 6/20 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 2/16 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 10/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 0/16 (2/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6/0!
Heat Sinks: 16
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte II Cassandra Przymus
Mechwarrior Player: Mr. Despair
Mechwarrior Status: Popped eardrums (3+)!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: DESTROYED!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

I5 KTO-19 Kintaro
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 0/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/18 (8/13)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 21/26 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 10/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 0/18 (0/9)
RA A(S): 14/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 11/23 (13/13)
RL A(S): 16/23 (13/13)
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6/0!
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte V Kei Katou
Mechwarrior Player: W.T. Fits
Mechwarrior Status: Unintended Lasik Surgery, Sudden Decompression (5+)
Armament:
LRM 5 – LA (Heat: 2, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: DESTROYED!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3 Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Narc Missile Beacon – CT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 9, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

I6 CHP-1N Champion
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Adept II Tyr Vandal
Mechwarrior Player: DatonKallandor
Mechwarrior Status: Mild Concussion (3+)
Critical Damage: Center Torso Breached!
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed by breach!

Enemy Status
C1 Guillotine?
Tonnage: 70?
Critical Damage: Left Torso destroyed! Left Arm destroyed!
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Overheat Penalty: None!
Armament: 2 Large Lasers, Medium Laser, SRM 6
Notes:

C2 Phoenix Hawk?
Tonnage: 45?
Armament: Large Laser, 3 Medium Lasers, 2 SRM 2s, 4 Machine Guns
Notes:

C3 Grasshopper?
Tonnage: 70?
Armament: Large Laser, 4 Medium Lasers, LRM 10
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 28, 2013

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The players are getting whittled away slowly but surely.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

The players are getting whittled away slowly but surely.

The Clanners are too, to be fair. If it weren't for the really goddamned lucky swarm hit location rolls (two elevens and a twelve? Really?) this would've been anyone's game. As things stand, the Goshawk and Guillotine are down to paper--only the Grasshopper has decent armor and it currently can't fire at anyone without breaching Clan honor rules.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hmm, where to scuttle to next...

e. I think moving to 306 and then twisting back to 207 would let me fire from cover at C1 without forcing a roll, then I5 moves to 1807 and I3 moves to... somewhere that's in partial cover? Everyone fires at c1 and we just keep hoping for a lucky shot? The 'hawk won't be able to shoot me and the guillotine probably won't want to shot me either. Heck, maybe even have the kintaro pull out of los and see how much the guillotine is following its honor.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 10, 2011

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Here's a hint, boys.

SHOOT THIS.

We drop the Guillotine, at this point, I call that a partial win.

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Yeah, if we can drop something at least we win a moral victory.

So guys, pick either the Phoenix of the Guillotine and bum rush it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

quote:

I4 Crab fires Large Laser at C2 Phoenix Hawk? (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover = 4): rolled (1+3) 4, miss!

That's a hit.

\/\/\/I totally knew that and was just testing.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 10, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

It was 5 to hit, that's where the typo was.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mr. Despair posted:

Hmm, where to scuttle to next...

e. I think moving to 306 and then twisting back to 207 would let me fire from cover at C1 without forcing a roll, then I5 moves to 1807 and I3 moves to... somewhere that's in partial cover? Everyone fires at c1 and we just keep hoping for a lucky shot? The 'hawk won't be able to shoot me and the guillotine probably won't want to shot me either. Heck, maybe even have the kintaro pull out of los and see how much the guillotine is following its honor.

It'll take 5MP just to get you to 0306, since you can't actually crabwalk, alas. Goshawk can hit you fine there by my count - I make it 5 to the Guillotine and the Goshawk both. PTN has 'em deployed in such a way that flanking/duel exploitation cheese is difficult now. If you run to 0404, though, you'd only have the Goshawk and vice versa.

Wyvern could back to 1807, but without a RA, it can't do anything there except stay out of LOS of the Grasshopper, which is a good thing, I guess.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Stopping short in 208 would put me in range of both still, wouldn't it? Hrm, seems like I'm either going to have go go up against the hawk, or risk being caught between the guillotine and the grasshopper next turn.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wow, can't believe I'm still in this.

Once again my decision to not take any LRM ammo pays off (at least, I assume the left torso is where the LRM's ammo would have been stored, seeing as how the LRM launcher is on the left arm, which I lost awhile ago).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mr. Despair posted:

Stopping short in 208 would put me in range of both still, wouldn't it? Hrm, seems like I'm either going to have go go up against the hawk, or risk being caught between the guillotine and the grasshopper next turn.

Yup. Kintaro having closed really limits your options. I'd suggest you try 1807 to see if the Guillotine would shoot at you (assuming the Kint backs out of LOS) even as you plink at it, if you don't want to risk running way out on the sunny side.

• Locked thread