Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yeah, the ramming only cost the Warship one of its engines. As the picture on the last page shows, its still got three good ones left.

Still, I wonder what amount of time has taken place between the two parts of the mission. I was under the impression that it had been at least a day or two, if not more, since the assault on the Dropship at the Nadir jump point and its subsequent ramming of the Warship in the first part of this mission, due to my reading of the intro to this second part mentioned days in which this unit was advancing to the HPG and where the rest of the ComGuard deployed spent themselves harassing the defending Clanners, but rereading it, I guess we have no reference point of time for when that dropship reached the nadir point and encountered the warship and when the rest of the ComGuard landed on the planet and presumably started moving towards the HPG here.

Someone help me out? I'm only wondering because of the window of time that would be available for the Warship captain to contact her fellow Clanners on the planet below and tell them of ComStar's dishonorable nature and to throw honor rules out of the window when fighting them here.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ComStar doesn't really fight with honor in the first place. If they're looking to secure the HPG network with this raid, and as the fluff for the mission said the rest of the on-world forces are doing everything they can to buy time, then the Clanners probably already know the Com Guard is fighting dirty. I'm sure they're pulling out ambushes and concentrated fire everywhere they can. The entire ComStar command structure gives no fucks when it comes to doing what you need to for victory.

As long as that WarShip isn't in orbit bombarding them with death lasers, it's safe to assume the current on world forces could hold out long enough to delay for this strike.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Zaodai posted:

ComStar doesn't really fight with honor in the first place. If they're looking to secure the HPG network with this raid, and as the fluff for the mission said the rest of the on-world forces are doing everything they can to buy time, then the Clanners probably already know the Com Guard is fighting dirty. I'm sure they're pulling out ambushes and concentrated fire everywhere they can. The entire ComStar command structure gives no fucks when it comes to doing what you need to for victory.

Yeah, that's true. Guess they'll be treated like the honorless dogs that the Clans already see them as. Still, with all the armaments carried by the Mechs this Level II is said to be carrying, they might be able to make it pretty close even if the Hell's Horses Star here gangs up on them, though I guess we don't know what weapons the Clan Mechs are mounting right now and that will most likely influence how well ComStar does here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

MJ12 posted:

Drama reasons. It almost missed, I suppose.

No, it was just the equivalent of a two-hex ram from what was essentially a full stop. Not a whole lot of acceleration behind it, so it just crumpled one of the primary thrusters and the dropship itself was deflected off into space.

AtomikKrab posted:

well the Lola probably had its sail furled, and it did lose an engine, but as a warship it has more than one to keep up the speed.

Warships just cut those free at the start of an unexpected combat. They carry spares and the sail can be recovered later (Elementals are good for that).

GhostStalker posted:

Someone help me out? I'm only wondering because of the window of time that would be available for the Warship captain to contact her fellow Clanners on the planet below and tell them of ComStar's dishonorable nature and to throw honor rules out of the window when fighting them here.

Chronologically, Part 2 is actually occurring before Part 1.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, it was just the equivalent of a two-hex ram from what was essentially a full stop. Not a whole lot of acceleration behind it, so it just crumpled one of the primary thrusters and the dropship itself was deflected off into space.
Does this mean the Hecks Ponies still get their isorla?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

So there's a chance halfway through the mission that an armless Wyvern, two Clan 'mechs and a suprised-looking Elemental team could come crashing to ground.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Huh, that does answer some questions, I guess. The travel time to the nadir point of this star was quite some more days than it took for the ComGuard below to get into a position to assault the HPG, I take it? That would make sense.

The Clanners are still probably going to throw honor rules out the window based off the running battle between the ComGuard and the Hell's Horses that has been alluded to in the fluff to this part of the mission, I guess.

quote:

Huh, so the dropship wasn't destroyed? I can only assume that any survivors aboard that thing are about to get boarded by some pissed off Elemental Marines, and they won't be looking to take prisoners. Going off of what may be the last words of the Captain of the dropship though, it looks like there won't be many survivors... And the pilots of the Mechs still attached by loving Magnets to the hull of the dropship definitely won't be having too fun of a time, even if they weren't pulped against their cockpits as a result of the ramming or burned to a crisp by the engine of the Warship it attacked... Looks like the Star Colonel will get her prize after all.

Revenant Threshold posted:

So there's a chance halfway through the mission that an armless Wyvern, two Clan 'mechs and a suprised-looking Elemental team could come crashing to ground.

Nah, the Nadir point of the star is way too far off for any of them to get anywhere close to the planet and fall down to the battlefield. They'll probably either be drifting off into space or still attached to the wreck of the dropship via their loving Magnets. Even if they did make it to the planet, they'd never survive reentry, assuming they weren't killed in the ramming attack one way or the other. Also, I'd take it that this part of the mission takes place days or at least an appreciable length of time before the first part, or at least that's how I read PTN's comment that I quoted above... The timeline as I see it just wouldn't make it possible for that to happen...

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into a humorous comment. Probably the latter. I tend to go on like that when I haven't had much sleep...

EDIT: See below for a more eloquent explanation, complete with hastily drawn diagram.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 22, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Revenant Threshold posted:

Not a chance at all.

See, this represents the solar system:

Z
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
S-p--X--p-pp-p--KB-PP
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
N

The (Z) is the Zenith point at the 'top' (read: whatever side of the system the first explorers decided was 'up') of the system, usually just outside a system's Kuiper belt (KB) but well inside the Terminus Shock. (N) is the Nadir point, which is at the 'bottom' of the system. The (S) is the sun, the (X) is the planet where the fighting is happening.

A Pirate Point (PP) could exist anywhere about the same distance away from the Sun (S) as the Zenith (Z) and Nadir (N) jump points, but cannot exist closer unless Stackpole is doing the writing a bizarre fluke of gravity and mathematics enables a stable enough place to exist that a jumpship can arrive there.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
For example, a good pirate point would be the exact opposite side of the Earth from the moon. All relevant gravity cancels out enough that the station-keeping drive of a jumpship would be able to give no fucks and just sit there for the relevant time.

Warships, having real engines, give no fucks regardless, but still tend to use real points because it's easier than accidentally getting hit by a comms satelite.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Well, the big difficulty with such a point is knowing exactly where they would be, since such points would obviously change with the rotation of the planets (And the movement of the solar system)

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Can we have crab mechs in every scenario from now on? Please?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arquinsiel posted:

For example, a good pirate point would be the exact opposite side of the Earth from the moon. All relevant gravity cancels out enough that the station-keeping drive of a jumpship would be able to give no fucks and just sit there for the relevant time.

Warships, having real engines, give no fucks regardless, but still tend to use real points because it's easier than accidentally getting hit by a comms satelite.

It's a little more complicated than that, because it has to be stable enough from gravity of all major objects in the system to anchor a hole in space, but that's the basic idea. Lots of pirate points exist, but unfortunately most systems don't have every large asteroid and comet's trajectory and the exact mass of all the planets in the system available.

Another reason to use the normal jump points is that most systems worth even the smallest drat have recharge stations at those points, where you can hook up to decrease how long you have to wait until you can jump out, as well as usually having supplies and such you can buy. A few planets have had their stations become the primary settlement in the system. In most of these cases, their planet-side terraforming failed, but the planet still had something valuable enough not to leave entirely.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 22, 2011

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sounds like jumping into interstellar space would be pretty easy, if the only issue is the flatness of spacetime. I guess you wouldn't really want to do that though since you'd never accumulate enough energy to leave.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, you can charge using your onboard fusion reactor, it just takes a bit longer. The REAL trick is making sure you wound up in the right place, since that's hard to verify. If you screw up you are fairly likely to misjump trying to leave.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, you can charge using your onboard fusion reactor, it just takes a bit longer.

And risks subatomic damage to the jump drive, leading to catastrophic failures that propel you into books involving bird aliens.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

PoptartsNinja posted:

And risks subatomic damage to the jump drive, leading to catastrophic failures that propel you into books involving bird aliens.

Or if you're lucky you may just get ripped to shreds in hyper. But given the delicate nature of the jump core (can't even replace it unless it craps out in the same system as a Jumpship factory, can't hyper with an intact core as cargo) and the fact you can't call for help outside an inhabited system unless you're in one of the few HPG-equipped Jumpships, all jumps pretty much head between actual stars (preferably colonized systems except on the rare occasions you send multiple Jumpships together who can assist each other) rather than interstellar space. There are reasons the IS effectively made attacking Jumpships a war crime during the lower-tech eras, they break real easy and often in ways that are unfixable with their tech. If something goes wrong most people want the option to bail and actually reach somewhere, even if it's an enemy-held planet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

You can do it safely, it just takes like five times as long. You could fill a cup from a faucet, but wouldn't you rather do it with a teaspoon?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

You can do it safely, it just takes like five times as long. You could fill a cup from a faucet, but wouldn't you rather do it with a teaspoon?

And in-universe who knows how to accomplish that right now?

... If you answered "only the Clans," you'd be right.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think the Kell Hounds JS captain did it in the 4th War, but it was a Stackpole pet unit in a Stackpole novel.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I think the Kell Hounds JS captain did it in the 4th War, but it was a Stackpole pet unit in a Stackpole novel.

In canon, this is true.

There has been no 4th succession war (or, rather, there is and it's happening right now between the Capellans and the Free Worlds League... and the Capellans are winning).

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
A crazy enough, motivated enough DropShip captain could try it - jumping into interstellar space and doing a five-week charge, or jumping to uncharted stars to use as powering points.

This is the kind of poo poo that belongs in role-playing games of BattleTech, though. This is desperate poo poo, off the maps, into "here be monsters" territory. Blake doesn't even know what you're going to find out there, be it bird-aliens, the Minnesota Tribe, a lost cache from the Exodus, rampaging 500-tonners with dual Rotary Gauss Rifles backed up with quad HAG/80s, gigantic megafauna like the offspring of the zerg and godzilla...

Or, possibly, just a gently caress-load of nothing and a quiet, long journey that's uneventful unless you happen to be the astrogator, the story of which will ensure that you will never have to purchase a singular, solitary drop of alcohol again in you life.

Poptarts, please tell us a story off-the-grid that doesn't involve bird aliens? Pleeaaaase?

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Told you guys that we should have picked the Marik Militia.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chicken Slayer posted:

Told you guys that we should have picked the Marik Militia.

The Goon infighting that would have occured would have been a fitting tribute to House NO YOU.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bad Moon posted:

The Goon infighting that would have occured would have been a fitting tribute to House NO YOU.

But I wouldn't have had anyone to cheer for except for the whole planet to explode and kill them all. :smith:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

We should do some aerospace at one point.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

and the Capellans are winning).

Booooooooooo. :ssj:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

In canon, this is true.

There has been no 4th succession war (or, rather, there is and it's happening right now between the Capellans and the Free Worlds League... and the Capellans are winning).

We need to change this course, make the caps punch in some davion poo poo, davion can afford a few losses... until they forge some unholy alliance with the taurians and then we are all hosed.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AtomikKrab posted:

We need to change this course, make the caps punch in some davion poo poo, davion can afford a few losses... until they forge some unholy alliance with the taurians and then we are all hosed.

I'd enjoy that. Davion's in a tough spot for me in that I don't have strong feelings about the house one way or another but the fans do stuff like counting out exact numbers of pages in source material lately to prove their "neglect."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Truthfully my two favorite factions are Comguard and the Taurian Concordant.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

In canon, this is true.

That's it, next mission we need to either choose something related to this ongoing 4th Succession War (preferably as Capellans kicking the poo poo out of some Marik guys) or that Clan Goliath Scorpion mission that Bobbin dreamed up. I guess a mission with the Draconis Combine fighting against some Clanners would be cool too, albeit less than the other choices I mentioned above. I guess Primus Tiepolo's threat of an Interdiction by ComStar of anyone who commenced any further hostilities toward the Combine or the Lyrans won't prevent a major war from breaking out amongst the other Great Houses and turning into the 4th Succession War... Who knows, we might have our old friends in Comacho's Caballeros returning on one side or the other during the conflict, depending on how the Political Vote at the end of a previous mission turned out and how PTN wants to play it and write his fluff... Would be nice to see the Navajo Wolf giving no fucks again in an all new Skinwalker, along with the rest of the Caballeros... Too bad that new Skinwalker can't be a Crab for maximum give no fucks-age since only ComStar and the Clans have Crabs at the moment... Since PTN said that Bobbin's mission with the Scorpions would be up as a choice for a while, there should be no rush in choosing it, though I guess if we delay, we might get the odds stacked greatly against us like this here ComStar mission.

I'm ambivalent towards the possibility of turning the Capellans against the Davions though. I dunno, I guess the thought of Justin Xiang using all he knows as a former Davion and the son of the Intelligence Secretary to benefit the Confederation's attacks, since he is apparently sincerely working with Romano on top of the Celestial Throne due to what we did to Max a as the result of another Political Vote we did a while back, leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. Though if the Taurans were brought in as the playable side on either side of the war, I might be interested. The thought of watching goons playing a Periphery power that freely slings nukes around for defense when everyone else has all but banned their use appeals to the goon in me, the part of me that loves watching huge explosions take place (even if they are just simulated explosions involving giant robots on a computer generated gameboard posted online and played through a Let's Play) and even bigger fuckups with the dice and people making bad decisions in said game.

I'll admit, I wasn't all that excited to be reading about goons playing ComGuard forces here, but with the stuff you guys came up with during the first part of this mission and the promise of more of it here in this part has started to win me over. I dunno, I guess the prospect of more incoming crazy shooty action on the part of this Level II with the weapons layouts mentioned and the hinted capabilities of the Hell's Horses Star here is making me anticipate this even more. Or it could be that I'm low on sleep and rambling due to sleep deprivation... Who knows? It's probably the latter. I should go to sleep...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 22, 2011

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
A Black Knight, huh? Well, it's not the 9 version, so I won't be able to run around with a giant robot sword, but I'll get to laser the crap out of some people, so that's nice.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Nope, sorry, we like House Marik more than House Liao. I'm putting my foot down here. The only Capellan missions we're taking are ones involved with the civil war where we get to shoot other Capellans.

I know some people are hoping that one guy's still a Davion spy so we can have the Confederated Commonwealth, but I don't think even Hanse Davion could contain their evil impulses. They've got a unit called the Death Commandos for Blake's sake.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
No, no, we don't want a confederated commonwealth, we want a Confederated Confederation.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Felime posted:

No, no, we don't want a confederated commonwealth, we want a Confederated Confederation.

I thought we wanted a Federated Confederation Combine Commonwealth League?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

I thought we wanted a Federated Confederation Combine Commonwealth League?

Perhaps a Davion-headed League of... Stars? The Interstellar League?

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Arujei posted:

Perhaps a Davion-headed League of... Stars? The Interstellar League?

You mean a kind of... Star League?

How novel! By jove, I think you have it!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
How long does a typical in-person Battletech turn take? Is it possible to complete scenarios within an hour or three?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
House Call: Tactical Update 1

Movement Phase

Combat Phase:

End Phase:

Physical Combat Phase:

End Phase:

“Advance,” Kelly called quietly into the comms—his light tones were unnecessary, they were encrypted and undetected; but the Clans would know they were about sooner or later. “Let’s announce ourselves, shall—”

“Active scan,” Acolyte Lesable announced, his Black Knight’s impressive electronics alerting him to the danger long before anyone else’s systems would have. “The Clanners are moving—we’ve been spotted, ladies and gentlemen. I—poo poo, they’re charging the HPG. My targeting systems are acting up.”

Enemy Forces / Next Turn’s Movement:
F1 King Crab IIC remained stationary!
F2 Unknown Quad 1 walked 2!
F3 Dervish IIC walked 5!
F4 Hunchback IIC remained stationary!
F 5 Unknown Quad 2 jumped 6!

Mission Objectives
Defeat the Hell’s Horses (0/5 completed!)

R1 KGC-001 King Crab
Weight: 100 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 30/30 (21/21)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 44/44 (31/31)
CT R A(S): 15/15
RT A(S): 30/30 (21/21)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
LL A(S): 40/40 (21/21)
RL A(S): 40/40 (21/21)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Demi-Precentor XXIX Kelly O'Donnely
Mechwarrior Player: DatonKallandor
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
LRM 15 – LT (Heat: 5, Ammo: 8, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 32, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 100, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
CASE – LT
CASE – RT
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

R2FLS-8K Flashman
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 25/25 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 27/27 (16/16)
RL A(S): 27/27 (16/16)
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XIV Erica Mars
Mechwarrior Player: Uberjew
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – CT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
REAR Medium Laser – LT(REAR) (Heat: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12, Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

R3 BL6b-KNT Black Knight
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 24/24 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 29/29 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 24/24 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 24/24 (16/16)
RL A(S): 24/24 (16/16)
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte IX Guy Lesable
Mechwarrior Player: Gothsheep
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – LT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Beagle Active Probe – CT (Status: OK!)

R4 EXT-4NS Exterminator
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 20/20 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 21/21 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 20/20 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
RA A(S): 18/18 (10/10)
LL A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
RL A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 10(20)
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XXVI Evelyn Rush
Mechwarrior Player: W.T. Fits
Armament:
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12), Status: OK!)
LRM 10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 12, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)

R5 LNX-9C Lynx
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 28/28 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 26/26 (13/13)
RL A(S): 26/26 (13/13)
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XI Pavil Cherenkov
Mechwarrior Player: Revenant Threshold
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – HD (Heat: 2, Ammo: 100, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

R6 STY-3C Starslayer
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 19/19 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 26/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 19/19 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 11(22)
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XIII Gunter Lorraine
Mechwarrior Player: Renaissance Spam
Armament:
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
SRM 4 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 25, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
REAR Small Laser – HD(REAR) (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
CASE – LT (Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand / no right arm hand or arm actuators

Enemy Status
F1 King Crab IIC
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Grier Seidman
Armament: Unknown

F2 Unknown Quad 1
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Ed
Notes:

F3 Dervish IIC
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name:
Mechwarrior Player:
Notes:

F4 Hunchback IIC
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name:
Notes:

F 5 Unknown Quad 2
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Dash
Notes:

Attention, Mechwarriors! You will be receiving a PM / E-Mail in a few minutes.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 22, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Recommendation: plenty of space and lots of rough terrain, most of it on your side of the map. Set up a good crossfire and draw them in, but keep at range; by the sound of things, your 'mechs have an advantage over theirs so long as you keep your distance. The Clanners probably won't turtle up if you incite them, and the Exterminator is a good 'mech to do just that if they don't advance on their own.

Make the map yours and murder them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

F1 King Crab IIC
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Grier Seidman

:gonk:

You may want to kill this guy very quickly