Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

That makes me sadpanda a little bit. I'm working on it, I'm just in meeting hell this week in preperation for the Sturgis rally in two weeks or so. We need all our ducks in a row, so we get to have a hell week in preparation for a super-hell week.

We tease, we tease.

As for ducks, have you considered a punt gun? They don't need to all be in a row if you're firing what is essentially a small cannon loaded with grape shot at them. :)

AtomikKrab posted:

Do tell, Do Tell.

Seriously I want to hear about this.

Also, this. Are you planning to backstab your boss for a promotion, in true Cardassian style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Even I don't bust PTN's balls about his update schedule. You should be ashamed! =P

Also, a true Cardassian wouldn't backstab his boss for a promotion, he'd have his boss backstab the guy above him, then secretly turn the boss in and move up two ranks in the process.

If you're doing your own backstabbing, you're probably being used. :colbert:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Zaodai posted:

Even I don't bust PTN's balls about his update schedule. You should be ashamed! =P

Also, a true Cardassian wouldn't backstab his boss for a promotion, he'd have his boss backstab the guy above him, then secretly turn the boss in and move up two ranks in the process.

If you're doing your own backstabbing, you're probably being used. :colbert:

I think this culminated when a certain tailor, who had been exiled, managed to convince an old enemy to backstab everybody in the high command for him, and then promptly turned around and backstabbed him.

This isn't quite the same, as he personally backstabbed the guy, thus it was more a Klingon Promotion than a Cardassian Promotion, but exceptional times call for exceptional marksmanship.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

I think this culminated when a certain tailor, who had been exiled, managed to convince an old enemy to backstab everybody in the high command for him, and then promptly turned around and backstabbed him.

This isn't quite the same, as he personally backstabbed the guy, thus it was more a Klingon Promotion than a Cardassian Promotion, but exceptional times call for exceptional marksmanship.

you got to do your own backstabbing when you are at the bottom rung.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Sometimes doing your own backstabbing is just so much more satisfying.

Allegedly.

inflatablefish fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 22, 2011

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

inflatablefish posted:

Sometimes doing your own backstabbing is just so much more satisfying.

Allegedly.
One hears that, yes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
A parable on the nature of backstabbing:

Once, there was a scorpion walking along the side of a river when he spotted a fox. Approaching the fox, the scorpion called out, "Good fox, I must make my way across the river, but it is quite wide and the current terribly swift; would you be kind enough to carry me across on your back? I would be most grateful to you if you would."

But the fox shook his head and replied, "No, I cannot do that; if I carried you on my back, you would sting me and I would die. You are a scorpion, and I cannot trust you not to sting me."

The scorpion answered back, "That would be extremely foolish of me; if I were to sting you, I would slip off your back when you went under, and I would perish as well. Surely you must realize that I would not do anything so foolish as to put my own life at risk."

The fox considered this line of logic, and finally agreed to take the scorpion across the river. But as the fox was about halfway across the river, he felt the scorpion sting him in the back. Turning his head, feeling the numbness caused by the scorpion's venom spreading through him, he asked, "Why did you do that? Now you'll die, too."

And the scorpion said, "I can swim."

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
But since this is Battletech, the Scorpion would die after accomplishing nothing.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The Fox is Hanse Davion and the scorpion is a stoned clanner.

The Fox would win in this scenario, easily.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

A parable on the nature of backstabbing:

Once, there was a scorpion walking along the side of a river when he spotted a fox. Approaching the fox, the scorpion called out, "Good fox, I must make my way across the river, but it is quite wide and the current terribly swift; would you be kind enough to carry me across on your back? I would be most grateful to you if you would."

But the fox shook his head and replied, "No, I cannot do that; if I carried you on my back, you would sting me and I would die. You are a scorpion, and I cannot trust you not to sting me."

The scorpion answered back, "That would be extremely foolish of me; if I were to sting you, I would slip off your back when you went under, and I would perish as well. Surely you must realize that I would not do anything so foolish as to put my own life at risk."

The fox considered this line of logic, and finally agreed to take the scorpion across the river. But as the fox was about halfway across the river, he felt the scorpion sting him in the back. Turning his head, feeling the numbness caused by the scorpion's venom spreading through him, he asked, "Why did you do that? Now you'll die, too."

And the scorpion said, "I can swim."

Garak, is that you?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Garak, is that you?

Garak would be the Fox, allowing the Scorpion to sting him and fake his death to cover the fact that he was being cornered by a Viper.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bad Moon posted:

Garak would be the Fox, allowing the Scorpion to sting him and fake his death to cover the fact that he was being cornered by a Viper.

And then the Blakeists show up with there super advanced battlemechs they had developed and built in total secrecy, and there spies that have been in the Fox, Scorpion, and Viper's organizations for decades despite that not making any sense backstab them at the super perfect time in the most effective way.

Wait a sec, that can't possibly be right because it's retarded.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Where do you work again, PTN? If it is retail you have my sympathy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Trast posted:

Where do you work again, PTN? If it is retail you have my sympathy.

In a bank.

Our meetings pretty much consisted of (and I think I can say this without crossing any non-disclosures): "We need at least two people working at all times," "expect our cashflow (in and out) to be significantly higher than normal," and "Try not to get robbed."

Not necessarily in that order.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That sounds more like you work for a drug cartel than a bank, PTN.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

He mentioned sturgis, which means bikers. Who might be criminals, or drunk, or both.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Zaodai posted:

You know, if he did, and since you just voiced your suspicions, he's gonna have to kill us all.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Zaodai posted:

There is a difference?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Slaan posted:

There is a difference?

You don't have to wear a tie when you work for a drug cartel. And your bosses are slightly less rear end in a top hat-ish.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Drug cartels have an incentive to keep their customers alive.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

goatface posted:

Drug cartels have an incentive to keep their customers alive.

Wait, so he works for a bank that launders drug money?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Boogle posted:

Wait, so he works for [pretty much every bank ever]?

It does happen, I'm sure. We watch for the obvious cues, but some of the money launderers have been in the business for a long time and know plenty of tricks and/or avoid doing anything stupid and obvious (like brining in 4k in twenties and asking for them to be exchanged for hundreds (merchants don't do that, pretty much only drug dealers do)). Since we have a bunch of regulations to follow and they don't (but do know our regulations as well as we do, if they care to look them up online) that can make some things a lot harder to spot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Looking for a couple of quick updates involving Line of Sight and player intent, since I'm pretty sure the Flashman isn't trying to hide from the Hunchback IIC (he's trying to shoot it) and the Exterminator isn't intentionally trying to get killed by the Kraken this turn.

Edit: Also, the Black Knight pilot seems intent on napping through this battle.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Calling it now, the Black Knight is the only survivor of this fight.

He wakes up as a bondsman.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

I kind of want a picture of a Black Knight lazily laying back and relaxing now.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot a step in the first set of re-order I sent PTN, please resolve the second one (which should be obvious since I was assuming kicking in the first one)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
House Call: Tactical Update 8

Movement Phase
R4 Exterminator
- Deactivates Null Signature System!

Combat Phase
R1 King Crab
- Fires Gauss Rifle at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (0/6 structure remains)! Damage transfers to Right Torso (0/16 armor remains, 5/12 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (2/22 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM 15 at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 13!

R2 Flashman
- Fires Large Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (3/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/16 armor, 10/12 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (7/12 armor remains)! Critical Chance!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 30!

R3 Black Knight
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 32!

R4 Exterminator
- Holds Fire!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 20!

R5 Lynx
- Fires Medium Laser at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 12, hit Rear Center Torso (0/4 armor, 11/12 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 2, Streak SRM-2 fails to achieve lock and does not fire!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at F5 Unknown Quad 2 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 10): rolled 12, 2 missiles hit Left Front Leg (18/20 armor remains), Rear Right Torso (1/3 armor remains)!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 30!

R6 Starslayer
- Fires Large Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/22 armor, 10/16 structure remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (2/12 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (10/15 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM 4 at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 22!

F1 King Crab IIC
- Becomes annoyed with R4 Exterminator (no line of sight)!
- Becomes angry with R5 Lynx!
- Torso Twists to face hex 1214!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (11/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (16/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (9/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (8/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (14/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (7/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (4/28 armor remains)! Through-armor Critical Chance!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (2/28 armor remains)!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 at R5 Lynx (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (18/20 armor remains)!

F2 Unknown Quad 1
- Holds fire!

F4 Hunchback IIC
- Fires Gauss Rifle at R5 Lynx (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at R5 Lynx (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (3/20 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at R5 Lynx (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (7/18 armor, 10/12 structure remains)! Critical Chance!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at R5 Lynx (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (9/18 armor remains)!

F5 Unknown Quad 2
- Fires Jump Jets at R5 Lynx (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 11): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (0/20 armor, 10/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance!

V1 Unknown VTOL 1
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
F4 Hunchback IIC
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- Gauss Rifle hit! Gauss Rifle Explodes!
- Hunchback IIC suffers damage to Right Torso (0/12 structure remains)! Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/16 structure remains)! ’Mech Destroyed!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hits sustained!

F5 Unknown Quad 2
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

R5 Lynx
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- Double Heat Sink hit!
- Engine hit!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must make a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 movement + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:

End Phase:

Turn End Phase:
R3 Black Knight
- Attempts to regain consciousness (5+): rolled 5, succeeds!

The radio crackled. “You Inner Sphere scum fight like tanks,” a voice—which would have been more at home coming from a rock grinder or a banth—growled. “Therefore: you will now be treated like them.”

“What does that—I don’t even—” Acolyte Cherenkov began. He was cut off as the massed firepower of two Clan machines cut his own to ribbons. His heat spiked as that damnedable King Crab’s autocannons tore his engine shielding apart; then breathed a silent prayer in relief as the magnetic ‘bottle’ kept the plasma contained. The last thing he wanted was to be helpless this close—but his armor diagnostics painted a grim picture; his ‘Mech had been stripped of all but the illusion of protection. Another concentrated assault and he was in real trouble—worse, the Clanners seemed to know it, drawing back from their exposed positions to force the Com Guards to close.

All but that damned Hunchback, at least—that was three down, with no losses in return.

The small Clan Quad he’d been targeting once again took to the air—the bizarrely splayed jump jet nozzles emitting an actual—not figurative—rainbow of plasma. Some Clan technician, or possibly ‘Mech designer, had gone to curious and terrifying extremes with the design—rather than simply letting the jet plasma do what it wanted; they’d focused it carefully so those jets that were at risk of causing even cosmetic heat damage to the design’s paint were cool enough that they probably couldn’t cook an egg—while those towards the outer edge which gave the greatest lift were potentially hot enough to—the bizarre Clan design’s leg kicked backwards—from a higher level, a mule kick like that could be deadly; but the building it was standing on was far too high; and the Clan pilot had to know that…

A sudden burst of plasma jetted from the ‘Mech’s leg; scouring armor from the Lynx like an anti-‘Mech flamethrower. Able to create enough thrust to propel the forty-ton Clan design into the air for a few seconds, it wasn’t the heat that caused damage but the impact of ionized gasses traveling near the speed of light.

Cherenkov wobbled, but kept his feet even as the lightweight Clanner jetted away. “Goddamn these Clan assholes—” he muttered into the comms. “I’m in serious trouble, Kelly.”

Enemy Forces / Next Turn’s Movement:
F1 King Crab IIC reversed 1 to hex 1113!
F2 Unknown Quad 1 walked 3 to hex 1020!
F 5 Unknown Quad 2 jumped 4 to hex 1112!

V1 Unknown VTOL 1 cruises 7 to hex 1715!

Mission Objectives
Defeat the Hell’s Horses (3/7 completed!)

KGC-001 King Crab
Weight: 100 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 30/30 (21/21)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 44/44 (31/31)
CT R A(S): 15/15
RT A(S): 30/30 (21/21)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RA A(S): 24/34 (17/17)
LL A(S): 30/40 (21/21)
RL A(S): 40/40 (21/21)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Demi-Precentor XXIX Kelly O'Donnely
Mechwarrior Player: DatonKallandor
Mechwarrior Status: Burst eardrum (3+)
Armament:
LRM 15 – LT (Heat: 5, Ammo: 3, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 100, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
CASE – LT
CASE – RT
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

FLS-8K Flashman
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 21/25 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 20/22 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 0/24 (10/12)
RA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 3/27 (16/16)
RL A(S): 12/27 (16/16)
Heat: 1/30
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XIV Erica Mars
Mechwarrior Player: Uberjew
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – CT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
REAR Medium Laser – LT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12, Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Right Upper Leg Actuator Destroyed! Right Hip Actuator Destroyed!
Notes: no hands

BL6b-KNT Black Knight
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 7/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 15/24 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 27/29 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 8/24 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RA A(S): 6/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 20/24 (16/16)
RL A(S): 17/24 (16/16)
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte IX Guy Lesable
Mechwarrior Player: Gothsheep
Mechwarrior Status: Shrapnel Wound, Punctured Lung, Whiplash (5+)
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Pulse Laser – LT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:10 M:7 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Beagle Active Probe – CT (Status: OK!)

EXT-4NS Exterminator
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 11/20 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 9/21 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 0/20 (13/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 16/18 (10/10)
RA A(S): 16/18 (10/10)
LL A(S): 17/19 (15/15)
RL A(S): 12/19 (15/15)
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 10(20)
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XXVI Evelyn Rush
Mechwarrior Player: W.T. Fits
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Shock (5+)!
Armament:
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: -), Status: Destroyed!)
LRM 10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 7, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Null Signature System – CT, RT, LT, RL, LL, RA, LA (Heat: 10), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: 1 Engine hit (+5 heat/turn)!

LNX-9C Lynx
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 0/20 (7/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 2/28 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 0/20 (10/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 7/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 9/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 26/26 (13/13)
RL A(S): 8/26 (13/13)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XI Pavil Cherenkov
Mechwarrior Player: Revenant Threshold
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – HD (Heat: 2, Ammo: 95, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-2 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: 2 Engine Hits (+10 heat/turn)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

STY-3C Starslayer
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 14/19 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 22/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 12/19 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 7/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 11(22)
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Acolyte XIII Gunter Lorraine
Mechwarrior Player: Xmas Future
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree Burns, Neural Feedback (5+)
Armament:
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
SRM 4 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 23, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: Destroyed!)
REAR Small Laser – HD(REAR) (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
CASE – LT (Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand / no right arm hand or arm actuators

Enemy Status
F1 King Crab IIC
Weight: 100 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Grier Seidman
Armament: Unknown

F2 Unknown Quad 1
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Ed
Notes:

F3 Dervish IIC
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Simmons
Mechwarrior Status: Killed!
Notes: ‘Mech Destroyed, counts as Rough Terrain!

F4 Hunchback IIC
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Fitzgerald
Mechwarrior Status: Ok!
Notes: ‘Mech Destroyed, counts as Rough Terrain!

F 5 Unknown Quad 2
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Dash
Notes:

V1 Unknown VTOL 1
Weight: 21 tons (VTOL)
Crew: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Crew Names: Pilot Mortimer, Gunner Bartlebee
VTOL Status: Rotor hit, movement reduced to 8/12! Stabilizer hit, movement penalty doubled for Front-mounted weapons!
Notes:

V1 Unknown VTOL 2
Weight: 21 tons (VTOL)
Crew Names: Pilot Skye, Gunner Benjamin
VTOL Status: Crashed!
Notes: Vehicle Destroyed, counts as Rough Terrain!

Sorry about the delays, everyone! Things should be much more stable (until the Rally, anyway; but I hope there won't be any major delays).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 26, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
There goes the Hunchback.

Too bad the Lynx won't be long in joining him now that the clanners have abandoned Zell.

e: Shouldn't the Hunchie have CASE?

e+: Also, you have F5 shown on the map as F6. Might confuse someone, as there is no F6.

e++: Also, I don't see R3 on the map anywhere.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 26, 2011

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Jeez you guys have been so lucky that the clanners haven't quite managed to kill any of you and win initiative. Just keep skirting death comstar!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how the "fight like tanks" comment comes across as an insult considering it's the Hell's Horses unless in this timeline they don't use combined arms approaches.

Either that or they're saying vehicles don't have to adhere to zell. :raise:

That aside, good to see the Hunchback get taken out finally in what I'm sure would be a very nice visual display. Unfortunately I can't really recall any of the novels ever adequately describing what it looks like when a Gauss Rifle explodes.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 26, 2011

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Lynx should just keep pulling the trigger as long as he's got anything to shoot with. There's three ComStar mechs nearing death very quickly now: at least two pilots are candidates for passing out, falling down and sleeping tightly. All it takes is one hit in the head...

I'm not sure which side will win. Clanners still have a shot at it, if they can produce two kills in a row very soon now. One is easy, but two? That takes luck or concentrated fire skill.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
F5 just pulled a Rainbow Dash jump.

I... you... that's...

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Hob_Gadling posted:

at least two pilots are candidates for passing out, falling down and sleeping tightly.
I think my:
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree Burns, Neural Feedback (5+)
is still there from the turn that didn't actually happen.

Also I'm totally going to vapourize F5's escape pod when it dies.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jump jet plasma "near the speed of light"?

Noo.... no. No. Not even in bizarro-science Mechwarrior universe. They're not either sending particles-having-mass out through their nozzles at relativistic velocities.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Leperflesh posted:

Noo.... no. No. Not even in bizarro-science Mechwarrior universe. They're not either sending particles-having-mass out through their nozzles at relativistic velocities.

Maybe the "air" has a really high refractive index?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Leperflesh posted:

Physics is LosTech.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Okay, you guys are pretty torn up and I think they're at wits' end. I'm tempted to suggest focusing all fire on the King Crab IIC, it's got ten critseekers (with potentially 2 shots per gun) and gunnery 0.

Now that a lot of your mechs have open armor, taking it down immediately is paramount. But this is just a tentative suggestion.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm not sure how the "fight like tanks" comment comes across as an insult considering it's the Hell's Horses unless in this timeline they don't use combined arms approaches.

Either that or they're saying vehicles don't have to adhere to zell. :raise:

That's exactly what they're saying. Only 'Mechs and Aerospace Fighters have to adhere to Zell, not tanks or vehicles or infantry - but 'mechs don't have to adhere to Zell when shooting at things which don't adhere to Zell, either.

Basically, they've declared that ComStar all fight under non-Zell rules, which means they're free to focus fire on them in return. Guess what happens when the Clans, with their massively advanced technology, incredible range advantage, and superior skills start to focus fire and ignore their honor code rules of engagement?

The Inner Sphere cries. It cries like a little bitch.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Physics is LosTech.

I laughed.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

quote:

R5 Lynx
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- Double Heat Sink hit!
- Engine hit!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must make a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 movement + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 8, succeeds!

:clint: Took that beating like an absolute champ, although heat's possibly going to be a problem if it weren't for the fact you already sink so damned much and don't exactly have high heat weapons. Also it looks like the Black Knight is done with his nap, didn't realize it at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

KnoxZone posted:

e: Shouldn't the Hunchie have CASE?

Indeed. But it also should have taken a critical chance to the centre torso:

R6 Starslayer posted:

- Fires Large Laser at F4 Hunchback IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 EM Interference = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/22 armor, 10/16 structure remains)!

• Locked thread