Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

You sir are my hero.

Taking garbage and making it combat effective (in its specified role) is a hobby of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

Apple Computers may own a planet, but their operating system is Lostech.

So, in the land with no Windows, the man with one MacBook is king?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Light Clan mechs, you say? Hmmm... oh God. There's an UrbanMech IIC.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Taking garbage and making it combat effective (in its specified role) is a hobby of mine.
Guess that explains the Lucerne.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Light Clan mechs, you say? Hmmm... oh God. There's an UrbanMech IIC.

If there was, I assure you it would be packing a Gauss Rifle. Or perhaps a Gauss Mace...

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well in that case remove the AC2 and replace it with an LB2-X, and the SSRM2 with a few Machine Guns and some ammo and you can call it a day.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Probably too late to matter, but throwing my vote for D as well.

Also, you have my sympathies on your employment situation, PoptartsNinja. :(

Brandy Collins fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 24, 2011

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PoptartsNinja posted:

If there was, I assure you it would be packing a Gauss Rifle. Or perhaps a Gauss Mace...

Joking aside, even with Sarna I can't tell what Clan lights are in production by this time. Only Clan lights I'm familiar with from the MechWarrior games are the Fire Moth, Kit Fox, and Jenner IIC.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Joking aside, even with Sarna I can't tell what Clan lights are in production by this time. Only Clan lights I'm familiar with from the MechWarrior games are the Fire Moth, Kit Fox, and Jenner IIC.

Omnis:
Fire Moth
Mist Lynx
Kit Fox
Adder

Second Line / Non-Omni:
Locust IIC
Incubus
Piranha
Jenner IIC
Horned Owl

... this list does not increase much. The Clans don't use light 'Mechs very often.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Cythereal posted:

There's also the Adder (predecessor to the Cougar). Weighs 35 tons and is equipped with a Flamer and two cER-PPCs.

Edit: Ninja'd by PTN.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I believe that the clans always have mostly mediums and heavies, and very few otherwise. Even assaults are not used much.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Axe-man posted:

I believe that the clans always have mostly mediums and heavies, and very few otherwise. Even assaults are not used much.

Clan assaults can be used quite a bit. Dire Wolf, Turkina, Warhawk, technically the Gargoyle (If you like your Assaults with tinfoil armor and in the case of the prime an inability to scratch the paint on a bicycle), Naga, various IICs and so on.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Lights get used pretty regularly really. There are far more than you'd think, but few are particularly memorable.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Arquinsiel posted:

Lights get used pretty regularly really. There are far more than you'd think, but few are particularly memorable.

Fire Moths in MechWarrior 2. So. Much. Hate.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Combat Theater Vote 6 Results:

??? senses blood in the water and secures a win with 31 votes!
The 1st Republic Fusiliers go be evil somewhere else, while bookies on Solaris VII predict a second place tie with 11 votes each!
The 4th Legion of Vega fail to regain their lost honor with 10 votes!
The Celestial Throne weeps as the 2nd Chesterton Voltigeurs only manage to massacre 8 civilians lining up to vote in the Towne general election.

“We’re going down!”

“No poo poo,” Gerber Vost spat at the panicking technician. With the failure of a helium seal mid-jump, they were all lucky to be alive—but even survival in the face of near-certain annihilation wasn’t enough to make Gerber Vost a pleasant man to be around. With a scowl, he scampered up his Panther’s leg. If nothing else, he could jump his Panther clear at the last minute and survive the little Leopard-class Dropship’s final moments.

He was not surprised to see Pesht and Seagroves appeared to have the same idea. That left Goodall and Brank’s Locusts a write-off; but Vost hadn’t paid for any of them. He frowned at the utilitarian green of Holly Goodall’s Locust. It never paid to bring a woman along. Holly was a good ‘Mechwarrior, but Vost’s Draconian sensibilities would never let him admit it. If anything, this disaster was surely her fault.

“Vost!” a voice carried through the Leopard’s tiny drop bay. “What the hell are you doing?”

He turned, flipping the bird at his employer. Sho-sa Yubari Takuda and his DEST commandos were doomed, yes—but that wouldn’t stop Vost from doing the right thing: looking out for his own rear end. His Panther took a step forward, wrenching itself free of its moorings—and slammed a fist into the bay doors. Designed to carry four ‘Mechs, only the fact that the Locusts took up barely any space had allowed them to fit in the mission’s required five. Well, the mission was a total loss now. Scout a Clan-held world? Sure, if the pay was high enough. Die in a dropship crash? No.

The Leopard’s massive door failed with a sudden shriek, flowing air ripping the massive slab of steel away like a kite in a hurricane. The Leopard slewed hard to the right, nearly throwing Vost’s Panther into Pesht’s still-immobile Javelin. The sudden spin cut the out-of-control Dropship’s airspeed drastically; but Vost raged as the spin trapped him in the giant flying coffin.

With a jarring impact, the Leopard pancaked into the surface of a massive lake. Skipping like a stone, it bled momentum rapidly. When it hit the shore, the impact drove Vost’s Panther to its knees—he stood, wobbling, heart pounding with adrenaline-fueled terror, and took stock of his situation.

He panted quietly in his cockpit for a few minutes, then cut on his loudspeaker. “I just saved all our lives, Sho-sa,” Vost announced with a voice that was far more composed than he actually felt. “Exactly as planned.”

Star Commander Inari’s Kit Fox ate the kilometers like a massive angry ostrich, it’s retrograde legs pounding massive divots in the soft loam. Her star spread out behind her, maintaining a tight formation.

“Star Commander,” her radio crackled. Mechwarrior Elfrede, one of her freeborn warriors continued, “we are here to rescue an aerodyne full of crashed merchants, Quiaff? Why the combat formation? Should we not spread out to facilitate our search?”

“The dropship’s origin was not identified before it crashed,” Inari explained quietly. This mission was her first—but it was still hers. She was hard pressed to explain why, but something did not feel right. “Aff, we have been expecting Jade Falcons—come to trade—but that does not mean these are Jade Falcons. It could be the Hell’s Horses, come to cause trouble.”

She grinned quietly, “We are close friends of their greatest enemy. A raid would not be unexpected, especially once they find out what has been traded.”

“I do not understand, Star Commander,” another warrior—Elias, she thought, his Jackrabbit’s ancient radio had always been problematic—asked in indeterminate tones. “What have we done to earn the Hell’s Horses’ ire?”

“We are here,” she replied with a chuckle. “That alone will rankle them to no end. In a few days, our secret alliance with the Goliath Scorpions will no longer be a secret. The IlKhan will be most displeased. I expect—” she paused, her ‘Mech’s sensors caught a blip for an instant. It vanished almost immediately, before she could identify it. She was young, yes, only twenty years old and fresh from her Sibko—and worse, assigned to a garrison cluster with freeborn warriors—but she was no fool.

“Enemy ‘Mechs detected,” she growled into her Cluster-wide comms. “They are shrouded by an ECM. Warriors of Clan Sea Fox, this world is under attack!”

42nd Combined Strike Cluster “Shark Eaters” Beta Trinary, Otter Star:
Kit Fox – Star Commander Inari p4g3 (Mary Annette)
Jenner IIC – Mechwarrior Salah p4g3 (a good poster)
Jackrabbit IIC – Mechwarrior Elias p4g3 (XavierGenisi)
Piranha – Mechwarrior Elfrede p4g3 (Hauki)
Piranha – Mechwarrior Nioclas p4g3 (Dolash)

Alternates, please stand by:
Octatonic
Raverrn
paragon1
Others (as-needed, but hopefully won't be)

Mission Objectives
Defeat all enemy forces!

New House Rules:
Ninja Ambush: An infantry squad with ‘Ninja Ambush’ remains undetected, regardless of terrain and enemy proximity, until they attack.

Lone Ninja: An infantry squad with the ‘Lone Ninja’ rule does a minimum of 2 damage, even if casualties would normally reduce the squad’s damage further.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waitaminute!

I've gone on to doublecheck the OP and here again.

Clan Sea Fox kept its name! And I hadn't even noticed until just now.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Oh PTN, will you never tire of punny names? INARI in a kit FOX, indeed.

Also, putting piranhas full of machine guns against infantry is just vicious. And I love it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh PTN, will you never tire of punny names? INARI in a kit FOX, indeed.

From Clan Sea FOX, with Otter (what the Sea Foxes are, basically) Star? :p

It was a name too good not to use. I was tempted to use Amaterasu instead, but that's far too long for a Clan name. They like their names to be one syllable or less.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Clan Sea Fox kept its name! And I hadn't even noticed until just now.

They're also allied with the Ghost Bears and the Snow Ravens. Those three Clans essentially have the only power bloc in Clan space capable of outvoting the Widowmakers on a regular basis. This isn't surprising since the Widowmakers' closest allies are the Hell's Horses (who everyone hates) and the Steel Vipers (who are idiots).

VVV The Jackrabbit's role is as a long-range fire support 'Mech. A sniper, as it were.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 24, 2011

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So what's the loadout on the Jackrabbit IIC?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

So what's the loadout on the Jackrabbit IIC?

I have a feeling we'll be finding out soon enough.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

It is Mary Annette's job to get Star Commander Inari out of this freebirth unit and to the front lines. :patriot:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Go Combine. Smash those clan bastards into the ground!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Yeah, sorry guys. Gotta cheer for the space ninja for this one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
As romanticized as the Clans can be, ninjas are romanticized far more often and to a far more extreme degree. Leave none alive, heirs of Kerensky.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Cythereal posted:

As romanticized as the Clans can be, ninjas are romanticized far more often and to a far more extreme degree. Leave none alive, heirs of Kerensky.

Normally I agree, but my hatred for the clanners is superior to my hatred of space ninjas.

Also the Combine gets some really neat mechs later on, so I have some love for them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Clan Sea Fox, children of Kerensky. Remember your first and foremost duty to your clan in particular: Troll the gently caress out of everyone else in the universe.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Clan Sea Fox, children of Kerensky. Remember your first and foremost duty to your clan in particular: Troll the gently caress out of everyone else in the universe.

If it upsets the Jade Falcons enough, you know it's a good idea.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

If it upsets the Jade Falcons enough, you know it's a good idea.

This is a rule that has surprisingly broad applicability, actually, just for daily life.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh yessssssss

The time has come to spin up my guns! I picked up PMs since I originally signed up (thank you, Hob, and the Space Texicans) so if you want to PM me instead of email that's fine, I'll mention this in my email in case you miss this post.

Any immediate tips about playing a Piranha? I've followed this thread closely, but I've still never actually played Battletech.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

Any immediate tips about playing a Piranha? I've followed this thread closely, but I've still never actually played Battletech.

You have twelve .50 cal machine guns mounted on a giant robot. Any questions?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
My Jenner IIC is the SRM-only standard variant, right? I'm guessing that with 9/14 MP I should be hauling rear end all over the field to keep their "target movement" modifier as high as possible.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You're up against a Panther, Javellin, two Locusts and something else, plus assorted infantry.

Dolash posted:

You'll most likely have some ERMeds (which are rape) and Machine Guns out the wazoo. If you get into range against some infantry let them have all the Machine Guns to make them dissappear instantly. You will have so much ammo that it's probably going to be worth taking every shot you get with them, although they will burn through all your ammo in less than 10 turns if you've only got a half-ton.

A good poster posted:

My Jenner IIC is the SRM-only standard variant, right? I'm guessing that with 9/14 MP I should be hauling rear end all over the field to keep their "target movement" modifier as high as possible.
I'd keep the TMM up as high as possible until a hole or two appears or else chase the Locusts for a while to keep them running too. If the Jenner IIC has jump-jets (it should) you never use anything else unless you can get a better mod running or you need to make a hit. The IS Jenner is one of the best lights there is. The Clan Jenner is no different.

Mary Annette, XavierGenisi, no advice is forthcoming until PTN reveals your loadouts. I'd *guess* the Jackrabbit will be good at killing grunts, but that's not a guarantee.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 24, 2011

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Can't speak for the Jackrabbit, but assuming all Prime configs, here's the firepower loadouts for the canon mechs we've got:

Kit Fox

LB-X Autocannon/5
ER Large Laser
Small Pulse Laser
Streak SRM-4

Jenner IIC

Streak SRM-4
2x SRM-6

Piranha

12x Machine Gun
2x ER Medium Laser
ER Small Laser

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Arquinsiel posted:

although they will burn through all your ammo in less than 10 turns if you've only got a half-ton.

The Piranha mounts two half-tons of machinegun ammo: one in the left torso, one in the right. That gives him sixteen full turns of shooting and twice the risk of exploding hilariously due to machinegun ammo being made out of miniaturized nuclear bombs.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Did you mean to name those two Mechwarriors 'Elfrede' and 'Nioclas'? Because I'm pretty sure that should be 'Elfriede' and 'Nicolas'... Or maybe the Clans are just different.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
'Nioclas' is Irish. 'Elfrede' is because every Clanner is a special snowflake who needs a unique name, since they're morons who forgot that last names help differentiate which 'Elfriede' you're talking about.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Tactical advice from an amateur:

Have the Piranhas stick close to the other mechs, ready to turn would be ninja's into Swiss cheese the moment they ambush someone.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Outfoxed: Tactical Update 1

“Star Commander, I don’t see any enemy—”

“Watch your language, Nioclas,” Inari replied coldly. “They are out there. For an instant, my active probe revealed them to me. Advance slowly, and be ready to withdraw at a moment’s notice.”

Nioclas protested, “My sensors—”

“—Are being jammed by an ECM. Make no mistake, warriors, we are under attack.”

“Nioclas,” Mechwarrior Salah replied, “at best, we have detected a strange magnetic anomaly. At worst, there is a star of enemy Assault ‘Mechs waiting to crush us the moment we show ourselves. There is no harm in being cautious and no glory in suicide. Listen to the Star Commander. Her words carry the wisdom of ‘common sense’. This is rare, for a Trueborn. Do not discourage it.”

Inari sighed quietly—these Freeborn warriors did nothing but make jokes at her expense. She was a Trueborn warrior, but she suffered their humor in silence. At least morale was high enough that they could still make jokes.

Her sensors flickered again, her active probe flashing a warning. They were jamming.

“My sensors just went out,” Elias confirmed. “We are jammed.”

“As ComTap,” Inari replied. “ComLang. CalTars: SkirEn only. PrepRet if SitWar.”

Enemy Forces / Next Turn’s Movement:
Opforce ‘Mechs: Ran last turn. Assumed to be at a +2 modifier (except the Panther).

Mission Objectives
Defeat all enemy units (0/8 completed!)

F1 Kit Fox (Prime)
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10(20)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Star Commander Inari
Mechwarrior Player: Mary Annette
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
ER Large Laser – LA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
A-Pod – RL (Ammo: 1, Status: OK!)
A-Pod – LL (Ammo: 1, Status: OK!)
Active Probe – RT (Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser (Rear) – LT(Rear) (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Targeting Computer – LT (Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 1 hand (right)

Jenner IIC
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
CT A(S): 13/13 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
LA A(S): 3/3 (6/6)
RA A(S): 3/3 (6/6)
LL A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
RL A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
Movement: 9/14/7
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Salah
Mechwarrior Player: A good poster
Armament:
SRM 6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-4 – CT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 25, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

Jackrabbit IIC
Weight: 25 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 9/9 (6/6)
CT A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 9/9 (6/6)
LA A(S): 8/8 (4/4)
RA A(S): 8/8 (4/4)
LL A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
RL A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior Name:
Mechwarrior Player: XavierGenisi
Armament: Mechwarrior Elias
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-4 – LA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 25, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

Piranha
Weight: 20 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 8/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/8 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 9/9 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 3/3
RT A(S): 8/8 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
RA A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LL A(S): 6/6 (4/4)
RL A(S): 6/6 (4/4)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Elfrede
Mechwarrior Player: Hauki
Armament:
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 200, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LT (Heat: 0, Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – CT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Piranha
HD A(S): 8/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/8 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 9/9 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 3/3
RT A(S): 8/8 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
RA A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LL A(S): 6/6 (4/4)
RL A(S): 6/6 (4/4)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Nioclas
Mechwarrior Player: Dolash
Armament:
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
ER Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 200, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – CT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Enemy Status

V1 Panther PNT-9R
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Garber Vost
Armament: PPC, SRM-4
Notes:

V2 Javelin JVN-10N
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Kendall Pesht
Armament: 2 SRM 6
Notes:

V3 Phoenix Hawk PXH-2
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Brian Seagroves
Armament: 1 Large Laser, 2 Medium Lasers, Guardian ECM Suite
Notes:

V4 Locust LCT-3V
Movement: 8/12/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Holly Goodall (really?)
Armament: 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Machine Guns
Notes:

V5 Locust LCT-3V
Mechwarrior: Pilot 7, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Collis Brank
Notes:

D1 DEST Team 6654
Platoon(??/??) Sho-sa Yubari Takuda
Type: Infantry
Notes: ‘Ninja Ambush’ special rule, unit is undetectable until it attacks. ‘Lone Ninja’ special rule: this squad’s minimum damage is always ‘2’ even if it would normally be lower.

D2 DEST Team 6654
Platoon(??/??)
Notes: ‘Ninja Ambush’ special rule, unit is undetectable until it attacks.

D3 DEST Team 6654
Platoon(??/??)
Notes: ‘Ninja Ambush’ special rule, unit is undetectable until it attacks.

Attention, Mechwarriors! You will be receiving should have already received a PM / E-Mail.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 24, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

V5 Locust LCT-3V
Mechwarrior: Pilot 7, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Collis Brank
Notes:

Wow, look at those numbers! The pilot probably can't even walk straight, but drat can he shoot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Well, you out-gun them significantly. Beware freebirth trickery.

PoptartsNinja posted:

'Nioclas' is Irish. 'Elfrede' is because every Clanner is a special snowflake who needs a unique name, since they're morons who forgot that last names help differentiate which 'Elfriede' you're talking about.
To be fair, Nioclás is a gallicisation of Nicholas. It rings very false to the Irish ear. That doesn't mean it's not real, just that it falls directly into "special snowflake" territory.

• Locked thread