Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TSM doubles how much damage physical attacks do, unlike MASC. So we're talking 40-point hatchet hits and +1 MP as long as you stay above 9 heat. You also ignore that first -1 MP from heat at 5.

While the effect seems similar at first, they really serve very different roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Defiance Industries posted:

TSM doubles how much damage physical attacks do, unlike MASC. So we're talking 40-point hatchet hits and +1 MP as long as you stay above 9 heat. You also ignore that first -1 MP from heat at 5.

While the effect seems similar at first, they really serve very different roles.

Above 8 you want to be at 9 exactly. but if you can keep it to the sweet spot you are a melee terror. a 100 ton mech moving at 5/8 and punching for YOU DEAD is scary poo poo. (30 damage a punch 2 punches)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Above 8 you want to be at 9 exactly. but if you can keep it to the sweet spot you are a melee terror. a 100 ton mech moving at 5/8 and punching for YOU DEAD is scary poo poo. (30 damage a punch 2 punches)

This is why the Berserker is one of the two melee weapon mechs I respect. Because that is just a frightening thing to be facing. (The other is the Scarabus, which is frightening for rather opposite reasons - it's a headcapper axe that runs at, what, 12/18?)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Tempest_56 posted:

This is why the Berserker is one of the two melee weapon mechs I respect. Because that is just a frightening thing to be facing. (The other is the Scarabus, which is frightening for rather opposite reasons - it's a headcapper axe that runs at, what, 12/18?)

Don't disregard the Nightsky. It's a jerk in a box canyon or a city fight, it just requires a much more specialized set of terrain.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There's the Ti Tsang, too. Cappie mech from TRO:3060, 60-tonner with a hatchet and TSM. In urban terrain it is vicious.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

There's the Ti Tsang, too. Cappie mech from TRO:3060, 60-tonner with a hatchet and TSM. In urban terrain it is vicious.

And the No-Dachi from TRO:3067 as well. Sword and TSM, and the NDA-2KO variant has roughly eighty bajillion pulse lasers.

...and yet, in my experience none of those are the best TSM mech. Two of the three best, in my mind, are the Ostsol -6D and -8M. Both have TSM, lots of energy weapons, two hands, and are exactly the right weight to perform instant-headcap punches. The -6D also has a targeting computer with 2 ER Larges among other weapons, which means you can snipe at range until you have an opening to go in for the TSM beats. The -8M is a rare 6/9 heavy (7/11 with TSM active!) and so is also an excellent light/medium hunter. You just TSM up, run up along side and kick legs.

The best - and I've used pretty much all the TSM mechs we've mentioned a lot...OTLs, NDAs, BRZs, TSGs...but for my money the best is the Excalibur EXC-CS. It's a weird variant, but it works. It has an ERPPC, 4 ERML, an ERSL, all TComped. And, an LRM-20 with Artemis. What's great about it is that it's a TSM mech that can do plenty of damage before you reach close range. And in fact, it's a TSM mech that isn't obligated to close at all. You can keep a normal heat curve and be an excellent mobile fire support platform until an opening pops up, and then run in for 28-point kicks. It might not quite have the close-in damage potential of the OTL, NDA or BRZ, but it is always going to be useful no matter what the board looks like and no matter what your opponent has. And your opponent is never guaranteed to know what you're going to do with it.

That's the mark of a truly good mech - you should be able to take it anytime, anywhere, and not be worried that it's the wrong choice. And it should never be predictable as to what you're going to do with it. I have never, ever, ever said "I wish I didn't have this Excalibur-CS". It will probably never happen either.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm a big fan of the Rabid Coyote, but that's probably because of Mech 4 and me being totally in love with LB-X and SRM combinations. Which is not the stock variant in any way, but a really mean medium infighter.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

wiegieman posted:

I'm a big fan of the Rabid Coyote, but that's probably because of Mech 4 and me being totally in love with LB-X and SRM combinations. Which is not the stock variant in any way, but a really mean medium infighter.

LB-X and SRM racks? If you play tabletop, people must HATE you. That's like a billion rolls a turn.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

LB-X and SRM racks? If you play tabletop, people must HATE you. That's like a billion rolls a turn.

gently caress yeah, Arctic Wolf. When I was playing in those awesome battletech pods it was on the list of mechs, and boy was that thing hilarious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When a man brings an Arctic Wolf to my table I hit him in the temple with the mini until I cannot physically pull it back out. You REALLY want to roll for location up to 44 times with one mech?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I had a dream that Joshuas assault-mech had MASC and that he killed all of you in this round.

Either way, my favorite mechs are probably the Catapult and the Awesome for IS lvl 1. And Couldron-Born for clans.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
My brother and I stopped playing Battletech just after the 3055 Technical Readout era (Did any of the IIC mechs make any drat sense whatsoever?) but we started with 3025. Anyway, my last memory of tabletop Btech was dueling him with, what I thought was the most awesomest mech ever, the Goshawk/Vapor Eagle, in a grand melee at a local Con. That jagoff decapitated me with a clan ER PPC headshot but I coulda had him if not for that one lucky roll. I just love the strategy of jumping everywhere, being impossible to hit, punching a few holes and then critical seeking with my short range weapons.

It's been years but I'm going to ask him if and how he remembers that fight. I'm pretty sure I got behind him and started hitting his rear torso armor and he flipped an arm around for that killshot but I could be confabulating. That unexpected, random and chaotic poo poo was half the fun though.

All this talk of the Jihad era stuff just makes me sad. One hundred fifty ton mechs? Word of Blake bullshit? The hell you say.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I find superheavy mechs to be fairly interesting under their new rules. At least under IS tech there's fun choices to make with crits, and questions for usage. With Clantech of course making a good machine is still like falling out of a tree though.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I find superheavy mechs to be fairly interesting under their new rules. At least under IS tech there's fun choices to make with crits, and questions for usage. With Clantech of course making a good machine is still like falling out of a tree though.

Which is my problem with Clantech in general.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Well because of this thread I've installed MW4 Mercs for the billionth time - I know it's got a shedload of flaws, but god drat I love that game. I'm just up to the Trial of Possession mission (gently caress the backstabbing route) and I love the batchall at the start of it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Fil5000 posted:

Well because of this thread I've installed MW4 Mercs for the billionth time - I know it's got a shedload of flaws, but god drat I love that game. I'm just up to the Trial of Possession mission (gently caress the backstabbing route) and I love the batchall at the start of it.

I really enjoy how you claim her as your bondsman, and then you're all :smug: about it.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Artificer posted:

I really enjoy how you claim her as your bondsman, and then you're all :smug: about it.

I like the smugness of your "Do you wish to rebid your position?" as well.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
I love how she knows she's in trouble. She brought two stars against two lances, any other time and someone would've challenged her right to lead if she grossly overbid like that. Turns out she underbid, of course.

Then again, by that point, especially if you went with the Dragoons as your parent company (and really, why wouldn't you,) you're more or less fielding two full Lances of nothing but Clan technology anyway, so that's probably a fair fight, given that it's more than possible for you to be bringing two Lances of nothing but Heavies and Assaults against her mixed Assaults, Heavies and mediums.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

I love how she knows she's in trouble. She brought two stars against two lances, any other time and someone would've challenged her right to lead if she grossly overbid like that. Turns out she underbid, of course.

Then again, by that point, especially if you went with the Dragoons as your parent company (and really, why wouldn't you,) you're more or less fielding two full Lances of nothing but Clan technology anyway, so that's probably a fair fight, given that it's more than possible for you to be bringing two Lances of nothing but Heavies and Assaults against her mixed Assaults, Heavies and mediums.

I like the Highlanders, though.... :smith:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That's probably one of my favorite missions of the whole game. It's simply a slugfest, and the :smug: is amazing.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Out-Clanning the Clans by their own rules is indeed great fun.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

When a man brings an Arctic Wolf to my table I hit him in the temple with the mini until I cannot physically pull it back out. You REALLY want to roll for location up to 44 times with one mech?
You never see a box of death?

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Only if you don't know what you're doing. Clantech is less efficient in DPS/Heat terms in MW4, and the IS weapons are infinitely better for no drat reason at all with better chassis to mount them on for the most part. I hit her with a Hauptmann leading a charge of Unseen heavies and 3060s IS Omnis.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Many years ago, I built a Clan custom 'mech with TEN Streak SRM-6 racks.

:rolldice:

It was banned from our group after one game.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Telamon posted:

(Did any of the IIC mechs make any drat sense whatsoever?)

Make sense how? In that they exist? The only one that doesn't really make any sense is the Jenner IIC. Otherwise, they exist because when the Clans finally had a chance to start designing new 'mechs, they based them on the SLDF ones they already had- most notably, the Mercury, which became the basis for the omnimech. Mainly, though, they just redesigned them: adding 5 tons here, 10 tons there, and then installing their upgraded tech, so that the 'mech would retain its original role but become much more effective at it. So you get, for instance, a Rifleman that uses CLPLs to swat down aircraft, or a Warhammer that uses ER PPCs and a huge bank of CMPLs instead of regular PPCs and a mix of lasers and machine guns.

Although maybe you mean, "how do they make sense because they're supposed to be old junk, but are actually among the deadliest designs the Clans have?" Good question.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

You never see a box of death?
Only if you don't know what you're doing. Clantech is less efficient in DPS/Heat terms in MW4, and the IS weapons are infinitely better for no drat reason at all with better chassis to mount them on for the most part. I hit her with a Hauptmann leading a charge of Unseen heavies and 3060s IS Omnis.

I'm using the latest version from the MekTek guys that adds a million mechs and guns, and I think they've rebalanced everything. I think I did that mission in a blood asp with two ER large lasers, two heavy medium lasers and two clan LBX 20s. Rest of my guys were in various assault mechs (including 3 Daishis). I wish I'd loaded up with a ton of ER PPCs instead though, as blasting the vultures from a million miles away as they crest the hill never gets old.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PhotoKirk posted:

Many years ago, I built a Clan custom 'mech with TEN Streak SRM-6 racks.

It was banned from our group after one game.

Haha, you glorious bastard. Why hasn't anyone come up with a shorthand way to roll out multiple hit weapons yet?

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Artificer posted:

I like the Highlanders, though.... :smith:

Sure, the Highlander's a cool machine... But I bet you had a Clan Gauss Rifle in the arm, didn't you?

AJ_Impy posted:

Out-Clanning the Clans by their own rules is indeed great fun.

Remember, MW4 doesn't have Zell rules for its AI units, they just pick the nearest target and start shooting, so it's not so much out-Clanning the Clans by their own rules as using your own rules to set up an agreed-upon place and time for an Inner Sphere battle. So you both out-Clan the Clans by Spheroid rules and you out-Sphere the Clans by the Clan rules.

Arquinsiel posted:

That's only after MekTek decided to make some kind of retarded parity between Clan and IS technology for online league play. MW4 Vanilla, as the original game's coders made it, Clan technology was rightly and properly superior.

Besides, that only applies to Clan vs. IS Energy weapons. Clan ballistic and missile weapons are still inherently superior by virtue of weighing less, so you can pack on more ammo or more launchers or guns.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Trast posted:

Haha, you glorious bastard. Why hasn't anyone come up with a shorthand way to roll out multiple hit weapons yet?

They have.

It's just that in tabletop most people want to physically roll their dice.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

That's only after MekTek decided to make some kind of retarded parity between Clan and IS technology for online league play. MW4 Vanilla, as the original game's coders made it, Clan technology was rightly and properly superior.

Besides, that only applies to Clan vs. IS Energy weapons. Clan ballistic and missile weapons are still inherently superior by virtue of weighing less, so you can pack on more ammo or more launchers or guns.

Indeed, have to agree with noticing this. I was highly amused once when a cheeky friend decided to use clan pulse lasers on his preferred design and I wrecked his poo poo with X-pulses because he had to stop firing for a while, whereas I could just keep shooting.

Also they're blue, which just looks better IMO.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Longinus00 posted:

It's just that in tabletop most people want to physically roll their dice.

Pretty much everyone I play with has the hit location table memorized, which is not difficult, so we can just roll six different-colored pairs of d6 for SRM 6s, and read the locations right off. Really does speed the game up, especially once you do this for identical weapons on the TH roll.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Trast posted:

See where I said "box of death"? They have.

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Sure, the Highlander's a cool machine... But I bet you had a Clan Gauss Rifle in the arm, didn't you?
You know he means the Northwind Highlanders, right?

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Nah, IS LRMs worked better for some mad reason, and Streaks are Clan only and have a nasty habit of hitting YOU if your lock moves offscreen. The ACs are good when going for single-hit damage output, but that's silly when you can stick a RAC/5 on there and beat it for sheer DPS. Lack of dice clustering makes location irrelevant.

[EDIT]I remembered the reason, it's because the CLRM have Artemis IV by default but EVERYTHING has ECM so it's worthless and just adds a ton per launcher making them heavier than IS LRM.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 27, 2011

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

See where I said "box of death"? They have.

Actually I thought you were bringing up the SRM Carrier vehicle as an example of an even bigger rear end in a top hat unit than the Arctic Wolf but googling around turned this up

quote:

For those cluster hit rolls, get yourself a "Box of Death". Take one of those transparent tackle box trays with the closeable top, and place two dice into each cell that are small enough to rattle in there but large enough to be read.

When it comes time to roll for the actual hits *SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SLAM!* and read off the results like a book, let to right, and top row to bottom row. You can get as many as 30 individual cluster hits in one throw. Problem solved.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Delaying Action: Tactical Update 9

Combat Phase
C2 Thunderbolt
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 3): rolled 5, hit Left Leg (22/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 3): rolled 5, hit Right Arm (11/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 3): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (7/24 armor remains)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 15!

C3 Marauder
- Fires PPC at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (4/24 armor remains)!
- Fires PPC at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (0/3 structure remains)! Target destroyed!
- Fires Large Laser at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 20 + 4 additional heat for submerged leg-mounted heat sinks!

C4 Hunchback
- Fires Autocannon/20 at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at C Clan Heavy A 2 (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 13! Overheating!

T2 Manticore Heavy Tank
- Fires PPC at C Clan Heavy A 2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Attempts to Fire Medium Laser at C Clan Heavy A 2: target not in firing arc!
- Fires LRM-10 at C Clan Heavy A 2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 4 minimum range = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at C Clan Heavy A 2 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Right Leg (25/32 armor remains), Right Leg (23/32 armor remains), Right Leg (21/32 armor remains)!

A Clan Assault
- Fires ER PPC at C4 Hunchback (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (11/26 armor remains)! Through-Armor Critical Hit!
- Fires ER PPC at C4 Hunchback (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 6, hit Head (0/9 armor remains, 0/3 structure remains)! Target destroyed!

B Unknown Heavy A 1
- Unable to act!

C Unknown Heavy A 2
- Fires ER PPC at C3 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (0/17 armor remains)!
- Fires ER PPC at C3 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (1/16 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at C3 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser = 4): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (5/22 armor remains)!
Overheating!

E Thunderchild
- Holds fire!

LT Long Tom
- No targets in firing arc!

End Phase:
C3 Marauder
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 movement + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
C2 Thunderbolt
- Kicks Clan Heavy A 1 (4 base + 3 movement + 0 target movement - 2 kick - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 0): automatic hit, Center Torso (13/36 armor remains)!

End Phase:

Turn End Phase:
B Clan Heavy A 1
- Must pass a 9+ consciousness test, rolled 4!
- Remains unconscious!

???
- Special Counter Turns Remaining: 1

“Goddamn it,” Talon Sergeant Gene Rakoszky growled, slamming his fist into the side of his cupola. He had a more complete visual than the driver or gunner, the Manticore kept its crew focused. Beneath his feet, two loaders worked furiously to keep the missile feeds from jamming. Nobody else had seen the Hunchback topple, decapitated by a single lucky or extremely skilled shot.

“That assault ‘Mech is hell on two legs, like a goddamned Ragnarok! Jannsen, get this loving tank in gear before it toasts us!”

“On it, boss!” his driver called—the massive man barely fit in the tank’s interior, the wheel looked tiny in his massive hands. He was still the best driver Rakoszky had ever known.

“What’s your loving status, ‘Mechwarriors?” He roared over the comms, “can you still loving fight, or do we loving withdraw like loving Lyran pussies?”

“We’d be withdrawing right into that Thunderchild,” Chu-i Thorvaldsen exposited, “I’d rather take my chances here.”

“Be goddamned loving careful, then, you’re a huge loving target. That goddamned Ragnarok will kill you in a heartbeat!” Rakoszky grunted, killing the channel. He paused a few moments to give it time to close before hissing, “loving ‘Mechwarriors.”

Mission Objectives
Destroy one Clan ‘Mech and All 13th Rasalhague ‘Mechs survive until Turn 12 (Failed!)
OR
Destroy three Clan ‘Mechs by Turn 20 (2/3)
OR
Destroy 1 Clan ‘Mech and at least one 13th Rasalhague ‘Mech escapes via the bottom map edge on or after turn 25 (2/1, 0/1)

Secondary Objectives
The Mobile Long-Tom Heavy Artillery escapes via the bottom map edge (0/1)

Enemy Forces / Next Turn’s Movement:
A Clan Assault holds position, may not declare an ‘Ace’ this turn.
B Clan Heavy A 1 holds position
D Thunderchild jumps 5 to hex 1438

(Raverrn now has control of the Manticore)

DRG-1Gs Grand Dragon "Ivar the Boneless"
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Tai-sa Agaki Gunnbjorn
Mechwarrior Player: Raverrn
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!

Manticore Heavy Tank
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Front A(S): 42/42 (6/6)
Left A(S): 33/33 (6/6)
Right A(S): 33/33 (6/6)
Turret A(S): 26/26 (6/6)
Rear A(S): 42/42 (6/6)
Movement: 4/6
Crew: Driving 4, Gunnery 3
Player: Tarquinn Raverrn
Driver name: Talon Sergeant Gene Rakoszky
Motive System Damage: None!
Critical Damage: None!
Armament:
PPC – Turret (Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – Turret (Ammo: 8, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – Turret (Ammo: 11, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – Front (Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes:

TDR-5K Thunderbolt
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 32/32 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 20/20 (10/10)
RA A(S): 0/20 (0/10)
LL A(S): 29/29 (15/15)
RL A(S): 29/29 (15/15)
Heat: 3/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Thorvaldsen Masaki
Mechwarrior Player: Paragon1
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: Blown off!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-15 – RT (Heat: 5, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand, Right Arm Blown Off!

Partisan Heavy Tank
Weight: 80 tons (Heavy)
Crew: Driving 5, Gunnery 4
Driver name: Lance Corporal Wulf Ingmar
Crew Status: Buried at sea
Player: Paragon1
Notes: Their luck has gone under

MAD-3K Marauder
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/17 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 31/35 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 0/17 (1/16)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 5/22 (12/12)
RA A(S): 1/22 (12/12)
LL A(S): 4/18 (16/16)
RL A(S): 6/18 (16/16)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 20
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Eriksson Imperial
Mechwarrior Player: Rumda
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

River Monitor Luthien Maru
Weight: 75 tons (Class)
Crew: Driving 5, Gunnery 4
Player: Rumda
Captain name: Chu-I Hohiro Satomi
Crew status: Killed in action!

HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 0/9 (0/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 11/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
Heat: 5/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 13
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Luther Grist
Mechwarrior Player: Tarquinn
Mechwarrior Status: OK (for a dead guy)!
Armament:
Autocannon/20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 6, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery
Weight: 55 tons (Support Vehicle)
Front A(S): 16/16 (6/6)
Left A(S): 16/16 (6/6)
Right A(S): 16/16 (6/6)
Rear A(S): 16/16 (6/6)
Movement: 2/3
Driver: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Support Vehicle Status:
Armament:
Long Tom Artillery – Front (Ammo: -, Range: (L:- M:- S:-), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RS (Ammo: 198, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes:

Enemy Status

Ragnarok
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Joshua
Armament:Unknown
Notes:

Clan Heavy A 1
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 5/8/?
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Tara
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Feedback, whiplash (9+)!
Armament: LRM-15, 2x Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser
Notes:

Clan Heavy A 2
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Cameron
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!
Critical Damage: Head Destroyed!
Notes:

Niddhog
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Boers
Mechwarrior Status: Neural-Feedback (3+)!
Critical Damage: Center Torso Destroyed!
Notes: Destroyed

Thunderchild
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Capella
Armament:Large Laser, 3x SRM-6
Critical Damage: Lacerations, 2nd degree burns (5+)!
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 27, 2011

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Better lucky than good.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well, get every gun you can on that unconscious guy, and pray that the Long Tom's MG can head snipe the Thunderchild.

Sure are a lot of head shots in this battle.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Oh poo poo, get in the loving woods MAD get in the WOODS and kill B

PTN what is... loc7? is that the center torso or the left torso? Looks like the Center Torso. (used called shots on the center torso and drill it to death) and FIRE LRMS

Whichever torso it is, AIM at that torso called shots to that torso and then kick, mad get into the woods to your right and try to get next to B I don't think you can but you can at least get some cover from joshua and alpha strike at B, calling your shots to that weakened torso. Oh and thunderbolt? LRM fire it if you still got it.

Tank give -1 fucks and fire everything at joshua as you start to fallback.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 27, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Luck can be a remarkable thing sometimes. Also helps that PTN has been wayyyyy too nice. Still, it looks like this battle is over. Just finish off the sleeping dude and call it a day.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm pretty impressed Chu-i Grist seems to have survived his cockpit melting off. Maybe it's okay he's without a 'Mech now. If you gave him another he'd probably think he's invincible.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

PPC-to-the-face dosen't give a gently caress about your ferro-endo-xl-er-large-pulse-ppc bullshit.

Edit: I don't think the Manticore can get LoS to B. Someone correct meor I'll just start sniping at the Thunderchild.

raverrn fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, we're not going to last too many more turns with Joshua in range. Throw everything you have at Heavy A and cross your fingers.

If possible, try to get into one of the side arcs (probably won't have any chance of getting to the rear arc) so you can concentrate your fire on one arm/leg/side torse.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 27, 2011

• Locked thread