Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

enigma74 posted:

Can someone explain to me how turn 9 went as far as player odds to win? I got pretty excited seeing Clan Heavy A2 get headshot....only to be hugely disappointed when the Hunchback got headshot. I mean our Hunchback was basically pristine...gah.

We're not a lock to win...nothing's ever certain in Battletech, dice being what they are...but things do look pretty good. So good, in fact, that I'm more concerned about the secondary missions than the primary at this point. I'm concerned about the secret countdown, and hoping against hope that some horrible misfortune overtakes the Nova Thunderchild before that headhunter caps the Long Tom. Not good odds on that last one, I grant you, but if we can pull it off this turn and she has very bad dice, we might get them all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

jng2058 posted:

We're not a lock to win...nothing's ever certain in Battletech, dice being what they are...but things do look pretty good. So good, in fact, that I'm more concerned about the secondary missions than the primary at this point. I'm concerned about the secret countdown, and hoping against hope that some horrible misfortune overtakes the Nova Thunderchild before that headhunter caps the Long Tom. Not good odds on that last one, I grant you, but if we can pull it off this turn and she has very bad dice, we might get them all!

Speaking of which, what is going on with that Thunderchild? He's jumped right in front of the Tom and (?) triggered the modifier, but he didn't fire last turn.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

Defiance Industries posted:

all we need is one more engine crit to end this.

Let's not forget lucky 12 for headshots!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Two medium laser taps to the head will finish him as well, or another ammo explosion (but that would blow out a torso anyway and end it) He is at 4 head hits and not getting up for a good bit.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

the JJ posted:

Speaking of which, what is going on with that Thunderchild? He's jumped right in front of the Tom and (?) triggered the modifier, but he didn't fire last turn.

I noticed that myself. Maybe she's going for the capture or something?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

the JJ posted:

jng2058 posted:

I noticed that myself. Maybe she's going for the capture or something?
Thunderchild is out of the machine gun fire arc when it is in front of the artillery. Normally you wouldn't really bother, but with the vast amount of headshots we have seen so far, the Long Tom would probably knock the pilot out. :v:

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011
Maybe it's the count-down to a point-blank artillery shot? That could be fun....

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

seekerwithin posted:

Maybe it's the count-down to a point-blank artillery shot? That could be fun....

Long tom don't give no fucks, ramming its artillery tube into the the thunderchild and pulling the trigger.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That would hurt the Long Tom more than it would it's target.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

-Troika- posted:

But it'll hurt the Thunderchild far more than the other option (roll over and die).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

-Troika- posted:

The long tom might survive it, you don't know that.

And even if it doesn't a medium mech with heavily damaged armor isn't liable to be sitting pretty after 30 damage to the chestplate.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

The long tom might survive it, you don't know that.

And even if it doesn't a medium mech with heavily damaged armor isn't liable to be sitting pretty after 30 damage to the chestplate.

It has 5 Armor + Structure left in the head.

Good odds.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The suspense is killing me. :smithicide:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

The suspense is killing me. :smithicide:

I'm working on it, my roommates kids just got me sick (again) which is slowing down my update. In happier news, I heard back from BattleCorps for some final revisions on a story submission, so I may actually be getting something published in the near future.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Congratulations! Plus you already got the balancing "gently caress you" that LPing demands from any LPer with good news, so you're in the clear.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Good news everyone! The Long Tom has suffered no less than seven chances for motive system damage this turn (and a through-armor critical), so in the unlikely event that it doesn't explode, it's probably been mobility-killed.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

PoptartsNinja posted:

Good news everyone! The Long Tom has suffered no less than seven chances for motive system damage this turn (and a through-armor critical), so in the unlikely event that it doesn't explode, it's probably been mobility-killed.

One of you Mechwarriors drat well better pick that thing up and carry it, rules or no. :colbert:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

:stare: Wow, that is rather impressive. Multiple SRMs equals pain for whatever is on the receiving end.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Is it a suppository? I always prefer my motive system damage in the form of a suppository. Either way, this scenario is awesome and a half.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

In happier news, I heard back from BattleCorps for some final revisions on a story submission, so I may actually be getting something published in the near future.

Oh snap! This is the best news. Congratulations!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

:rolldice: Thems the breaks, lets see if the Long-tom gets some REVENGE FIRE.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Delaying Action: Tactical Update 10

Combat Phase
C2 Thunderbolt
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 0): automatic hit! Confirmation roll 9: hit is randomized! Hit Right Torso (19/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 0): automatic hit! Confirmation roll 9: hit is randomized! Hit Left Leg (17/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at B Unknown Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 4 immobile - 2 prone in adjacent hex = 0): automatic hit! Confirmation roll 5: hit is randomized! hit Right Leg (27/32 armor remains)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 15!

C3 Marauder
- Fires PPC at B Clan Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 target prone + 2 minimum range - 4 immobile target = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at B Clan Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 target prone - 4 immobile target = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at B Clan Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 target prone - 4 immobile target = 6): rolled 9, hit! Confirmation roll 5: hit is randomized! Hit Center Torso (8/35 armor remains)
- Fires Medium Laser at B Clan Heavy A 1’s Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 target prone - 4 immobile target = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 20 + 4 additional heat for submerged leg-mounted heat sinks!

T2 Manticore Heavy Tank
- Fires PPC at A Ragnarok (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (28/38 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at A Ragnarok (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, 6 missiles hit Right Torso (23/28 armor remains), Left Torso (27/28 armor remains)!

A Ragnarok
- Fires Ultra Autocannon/20 (ultra mode) at C2 Thunderbolt (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods = 8): rolled 12, 2 shells hit Center Torso (12/32 armor remains), Left Arm (0/20 armor remains)!
- Fires LB-20X Autocannon (slug) at C2 Thunderbolt (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (9/29 armor remains)!
- Fires ER PPC at C2 Thunderbolt (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 2 heavy woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/32 armor, 18/21 structure remains)! Critical chance!
Overheating!

B Unknown Heavy A 1
- Unable to act!

E Thunderchild
- Fires ER Large Laser at LT Long Tom (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at LT Long Tom (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 3, Streak SRM-6 fails to achieve lock!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at LT Long Tom (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Front (14/16 armor remains), Right Side (14/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Front (12/16 armor remains), Front (10/16 armor remains), Front (8/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Front (6/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at LT Long Tom (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, 6 missiles hit Front (4/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Left Side (14/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Front (2/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Front (0/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Front (4/6 structure remains (Through-Armor Critical!)), Front (2/6 structure remains (Critical Chance!)!

LT Long Tom
- Fires Long Tom Artillery (high explosive) at hex1438 (4 base + 2 movement + 4 direct-fire penalty = 8): rolled 11, hit!
- - E Thunderchild damaged by artillery! Suffers damage to Right Leg (19/24 armor remains), Left Leg (15/24 armor remains), Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remains), Left Leg (10/24 armor remains), Center Torso (19/24 armor remains)! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - Long Tom Artillery damaged by artillery! Suffers damage to Front (0/6 structure remains), Front, Front! Long Tom Artillery destroyed!
- - Long Tom Ammo Trailer destroyed by artillery explosion!

End Phase:
C2 Thunderbolt
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 movement + 1 massive damage + 3 Gyro Hit = 7): rolled 4, fails!
- Attempts to avoid pilot damage (3 base + 0 movement + 1 massive damage + 3 Gyro Hit + 1 attempting to avoid pilot damage = 8): rolled 11, succeeds!
- - Suffers damage to Center Torso (13/21 structure remains (Critical Chance!), Right Leg (8/29 armor remains)
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro destroyed!
- ‘Mech destroyed by Gyro Destruction!

Physical Combat Phase:

End Phase:

Turn End Phase:
B Clan Heavy A 1
- Must pass a 9+ consciousness test, rolled 8!
- Remains unconscious!

??? T1 Partisan Crew
- Attempts to kill unconscious pilot in hex 0619! Rolled 10, succeeds!

Star Colonel Joshua’s mocking laughter filled the comm. channels even as the Thunderbolt's gyro tore itself apart. “You Inner Sphere surats fight better than most of your misbegotten kind,” he taunted in a resounding baritone. “Well, so be it, I shall withdraw. Enjoy your pyrrhic victory, Tai-sa Agaki! If you yet live to see it.”

The near-pristine Ragnarok twisted, its bulky form regarding Eriksson’s battered Marauder. “I could slay you all myself,” Joshua growled, “but choose to let you live. Carry a message to your compatriots in the mountains: They have one final chance to surrender. They may even be allowed to continue protecting the people of this world. Understand, my patience is at an end: if you offer any further resistance I will offer you no quarter when we meet again.”

Mission Objectives
Destroy one Clan ‘Mech and All 13th Rasalhague ‘Mechs survive until Turn 12 (Failed!)
OR
Destroy three Clan ‘Mechs by Turn 20 (4/3) (SUCCEEDED!)
OR
Destroy 1 Clan ‘Mech and at least one 13th Rasalhague ‘Mech escapes via the bottom map edge on or after turn 25 (4/1, 0/1)

Secondary Objectives
The Mobile Long-Tom Heavy Artillery escapes via the bottom map edge (Failed!)

DRG-1Gs Grand Dragon "Ivar the Boneless"
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Tai-sa Agaki Gunnbjorn
Mechwarrior Player: Raverrn
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!

Manticore Heavy Tank
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Front A(S): 42/42 (6/6)
Left A(S): 33/33 (6/6)
Right A(S): 33/33 (6/6)
Turret A(S): 26/26 (6/6)
Rear A(S): 42/42 (6/6)
Movement: 4/6
Crew: Driving 4, Gunnery 3
Player: Tarquinn Raverrn
Driver name: Talon Sergeant Gene Rakoszky
Motive System Damage: None!
Critical Damage: None!
Armament:
PPC – Turret (Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – Turret (Ammo: 8, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – Turret (Ammo: 11, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – Front (Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes:

TDR-5K Thunderbolt
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 0/32 (13/21)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 0/20 (10/10)
RA A(S): 0/20 (0/10)
LL A(S): 29/29 (15/15)
RL A(S): 8/29 (15/15)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Thorvaldsen Masaki
Mechwarrior Player: Paragon1
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: Blown off!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-15 – RT (Heat: 5, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine hit! Gyro destroyed!
Notes: 1 hand, Right Arm Blown Off!

Partisan Heavy Tank
Weight: 80 tons (Heavy)
Crew: Driving 5, Gunnery 4
Driver name: Lance Corporal Wulf Ingmar
Crew Status: Buried at sea
Player: Paragon1
Notes: Their luck has gone under

MAD-3K Marauder
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/17 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 31/35 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 0/17 (1/16)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 5/22 (12/12)
RA A(S): 1/22 (12/12)
LL A(S): 4/18 (16/16)
RL A(S): 6/18 (16/16)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 20
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Eriksson Imperial
Mechwarrior Player: Rumda
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

River Monitor Luthien Maru
Weight: 75 tons (Class)
Crew: Driving 5, Gunnery 4
Player: Rumda
Captain name: Chu-I Hohiro Satomi
Crew status: Killed in action!

HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: Chu-i Luther Grist
Mechwarrior Player: Tarquinn
Mechwarrior Status: Killed In Action!

LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery
Weight: 55 tons (Support Vehicle)
Front A(S): 0/16 (0/6)
Left A(S): 14/16 (6/6)
Right A(S): 14/16 (6/6)
Rear A(S): 16/16 (6/6)
Movement: 2/3
Driver: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Support Vehicle Status: Destroyed by Self-Bombardment!
Armament:
Long Tom Artillery – Front (Ammo: -, Range: (L:- M:- S:-), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RS (Ammo: 198, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LS (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes:

Enemy Status

Ragnarok
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Overheat Penalty: None
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Joshua
Armament:Unknown
Notes:

Clan Heavy A 1
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Tara
Mechwarrior Status: Killed by the crew of T1 Partisan Heavy Tank!
Notes:

Clan Heavy A 2
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Cameron
Critical Damage: Head Destroyed!
Notes:

Niddhog
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Boers
Mechwarrior Status: Neural-Feedback (3+)!
Critical Damage: Center Torso Destroyed!
Notes: Destroyed

Thunderchild
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Capella
Critical Damage: Head destroyed by Artillery!
Notes:

After-Action Report:
Well, that was… different. And awesome. I will admit, the players’ initial movements threw me for a loop—I’d set them up in a position where they could linger in relative safety, protected from Clan attack until turn 3-4. I was also expecting them to hold the Monitor in reserve, rather than forcing the Clans to deal with it early—by using it as a speed bump instead of a nasty surprise attacker, the players essentially sacrificed a rook to trap the enemy Queen.

Instead of playing it safe, the choice to launch an aggressive counter-blitz threw me initially. The players took a far riskier action, but in the end it did ultimately pay off.

At horrible cost, admittedly, but that’s Battletech for you.

I have a feeling this MVP vote is going to be close as hell (speaking of which, I need MVPs)!

Additionally, I’d like you all to vote on which ‘Mech you’d like added to the AUTRO next!

AUTRO Choices are:
Lucerne
Niddhogg
Ragnarok

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
... Wow. I completely did not anticipate the Long Tom would save your bacon. If that had failed and your didn't get the bone of the Partisan crew, I think the scenario would have been lost.

For MVPs:
Goons: Rumda/Chu-i Eriksson Imperial/Marauder for headshots above and beyond the call of duty.
Honorary: Rumda/Chu-I Hohiro Satomi/Luthien Maru for devotion to comrades even unto death in a desperate holding action/misplacement.

Clan: Joshua/Ragnarok, because holy poo poo 75 damage per turn is terrifying. Plus the headcap on the Hunchback.
Honorary: Mechwarrior Cameron/Heavy A 2, for grace shown by silent acceptance in the face of a received PPC headshot.

Edit: AUTRO- Ragnarok, without question. I want to see what's under its skin.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 30, 2011

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Yessssssssssssss

Edit: Please tell me capturing an intact-ish clan mech will have reprocussions.

raverrn fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 30, 2011

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Wow, what an ending... Whoever it was that said that the Long Tom was going to go for a point blank shot to kill the Thunderchild, sacrificing itself, I salute you. Also, the crew of the Partisan Tank returning to kill the pilot of Clan Heavy A while she was unconscious? Nice. Guess they didn't go down with their tank. Guess that was PTN making up for all those aimed shots at the Center Torso of that mech missing and generally doing nothing.

Bad luck that the Thunderbolt got totaled by Gyro destruction in the last act, but that was from an almost pristine Joshua himself, something that wasn't entirely unexpected. Still, he's the only one left from his Star, but he gets to walk away with almost no damage to himself and the 13th Rasalhague Regulars Command Lance all but gone. Fluff-wise, I'd call that a win for Joshua.

As for MVPs, I'd have to go with Joshua for the Clans and the Marauder for Space Viking Samurai GoonLance. As for the next AUTRO, I'd like to see the Ragnarok.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
If I were Joshua I wouldn't be laughing after that. Sitting back and letting the rest of his entire star be taken out, one of which was finished off by hand by the Partisan tank crew?! :black101: Shame about the Long Tom though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:black101: Holy poo poo, awesome final round to cap off an awesome excursion. The burst of headshots leading up to this, the ninja tank crew running off to just straight murder the downed mech pilot, the kamikaze Long Tom crew blasting that son of a bitch Nova, even the sudden gyro-kill.

Gonna vote for the Marauder because who doesn't like a Marauder, and that thorn-in-our-side Nova. Runner-up for the Long Tom crew with their headshot and final blaze of glory :patriot:

Let's hear the ROM report on the Ragnarok.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Sphere MVP: Long Tom for going down in glory! :patriot:
Clan MVP: Ragnarok because he survived :v:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Player MVP: Long Tom. 25 damage on the shot from above table is what you bring 'em for.

Clan MVP: Joshua/Ragnarok. He killed two mechs, which is more than anyone else on his Lance managed to do, despite everyone trying to play keepaway from him.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh my god, that ending.

So is it just a couple of tank crews and the marauder left standing at the end of that? Holy crap... What a bloody fight.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Sphere MVP: Long Tom

Recorded final words of the driver: "No, gently caress YOU!"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Long toms are replaceable, clan omnis not so much. He was a True Space Viking Samurai :black101:

MVP SPHERE: LONG TOM. Death and glory, death and glory.

Clan MVP: Thunderchild, jackboots of evil.

Special: Have the grand dragon commander miraculously survive in a heavily wounded state please.

Autro: Lets see that Ragnarok.

Joshua can call it a Phyrric Victory, but in truth trading 3 inner sphere mechs of which two maybe three are SALVAGABLE (Grand dragon and hunchback both only lost a head which are well... replaceable pretty easy. A gyro is harder but doable, and then there is the arm.) But these were level 1 mechs as well which means you guys gave a LOT better than you got, the tank and river monitor are chump change, and a long tom is meh. Hell, Clanner mech B and the Thunderchild are ALSO SALVAGABLE, the B is infact intact enough to start up right now. So you uh... gained mechs? Also Clan mech C. That is 3 clan mechs you can steal really easily, and you can probably repair your 3 to working order, and maybe fish out the partisan as well. The Only True lost are Clan mech D (A hunchback ripping you apart with an Ac/20 doesn't leave much to salvage as a working mech) the Maru and the Long-Tom.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 30, 2011

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey, I said to fire all of my weapons. What's this confirmation stuff all about? Nobody said anything about that.

Well, at least my guy survived, dibs on the Heavy A2!

MVP: Long Tom
Enemy MVP: Joshua

Joshua is bragging now, but he just lost his whole star to a "weaker" enemy. One of them to artillery at point plank range. I'm pretty sure it's Clan law call you a pussy and take all your stuff after something like that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Hey, I said to fire all of my weapons. What's this confirmation stuff all about? Nobody said anything about that.

There're no penalties for an aimed shot, but you only hit the targeted location on a confirmation roll of 6, 7, or 8. Guess what I roll very few of?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

IS MVP has to be the Long Tom. Only fired twice but both times were metal as gently caress. :black101:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You really don't, this is why we see all the headshots, all of them.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Well that was brutal, I'm sure they will be hurting bad from this for some time to come. If they are lucky they can make it deep into the mountains and continue on.

They aren't really in a position they can salvage anything seeing they can barely escape.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 30, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

raverrn posted:

Please tell me capturing an intact-ish clan mech will have reprocussions.

It certainly would, if any had been captured.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

It certainly would, if any had been captured.

A2? If we have the Option I would vote for our Plucky Viking/Samurai to salvage as much as they can for a later game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't thing the 13th has any way to get their salvage off-planet to reverse-engineer it.

• Locked thread