Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Player MVP: Headshots
Clan MVP: Headshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Tempted as I am to vote the Long Tom, I think I'll actually vote the Thunderbolt for knocking out one of the Clan heavies with an ammunition explosion and getting Goonlance back into the game, despite a series of unlucky results that dicked it over. First the blown-off arm, ruining some beautiful bully moments involving Clan mechs sliding down hills and into the river. Then the Gyro hits, the inability to hit centre torso and more that I'm probably forgetting.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Clan MVP and entry into AUTRO entry is Joshua, with an honourable mention being the Inverse Justice Foot.

Chicken Slayer fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 30, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't thing the 13th has any way to get their salvage off-planet to reverse-engineer it.

What salvage? They don't have time to take anything off the battlefield that isn't currently mobile. They don't even have time for SAR, although I probably could've explained this better. Joshua's star isn't exactly alone.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

What salvage? They don't have time to take anything off the battlefield that isn't currently mobile. They don't even have time for SAR, although I probably could've explained this better. Joshua's star isn't exactly alone.

Dang, they can't even claim Clan mech Pilot D as a bondsman and have him pilot the Clan B for them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Huh. When Joshua said he was withdrawing I thought that meant the field was theirs.

Too bad the Thud isn't still up, or it could at least sever and arm and carry it off. No hands on the Marauder, though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Huh. When Joshua said he was withdrawing I thought that meant the field was theirs.

More like 'I'm not going to pursue you into any more ambushes, thank you. We'll let our fighters pick you apart.'

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

More like 'I'm not going to pursue you into any more ambushes, thank you. We'll let our fighters pick you apart.'

Aerospace fighters are dishonorable scum.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

AtomikKrab posted:

Aerospace fighters are dishonorable scum.

So is murdering an unconcious pilot.

Clan MVP: Has to be Joshua, what mech is he riding?

Goon MVP: Long Tom. Because without it you would have lost. Joshua would have annihilated the marauder the next turn.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

PoptartsNinja posted:

It certainly would, if any had been captured.
The T-bolt pilot is okay and A2 lost it's pilot but isn't mission-killed, right?

Also, MVPs are the Marauder for a game-winning headcap, and the Ragnarok for holy hell gently caress that poo poo.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hmm.

Gimme Marauder for player MVP and Thunderchild for Clan. Taking out the Gauss Dragon really looked like it was going to turn it around for the Clans, and the Marauder swung it back around with the PPC to the head.

EDIT: Oh yeah, AUTRO: Raganarok I have GOT to see how that thing's put together.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 30, 2011

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Affi posted:

So is murdering an unconcious pilot.

Clan MVP: Has to be Joshua, what mech is he riding?

Goon MVP: Long Tom. Because without it you would have lost. Joshua would have annihilated the marauder the next turn.

Tank pilots murdered him, tank pilots are scum.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tank pilots took out the garbage, that's all.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
First of all, I am really happy that our plan has worked out. In your face, doubters. :smugbert:

Secondly, the amount of lucky hits on both sides is loving staggering. While, weirdly, it wasn't such a problem for our vehicles, basically all, except for one mech died because of a lucky hit. Only D died the "proper" way.

But I think that's what has won us the game in the end, as the scenario clearly favours the clanners, in my opinion.

So, thank you very much for it, PoptartsNinja, I thoroughly enjoyed playing against you. And sorry again for being annoying a couple of times.

Also thanks a lot to Rumda, raverrn, and paragon1, for being a lot of fun to play with together.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Player MVP: Headshots
Clan MVP: Headshots
This.

If that isn't an acceptable vote, I have to go for:

IS: Marauder, because it was our first mech hit, and in turn four or so I actually called it "Dead Man Walking". I fully expected it to die. In the end it is our only surviving mech, which is also responsible for a couple of really important hits on the enemy.

Clans: Yeah, the Ragnarok. There's something to be said for brutal firepower combined with some luck.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Hi. I'm new to the forum, but I just discovered this thread and some other LPs and paid to register. : )

Great job in all of these missions, goons!

PTN: Would it be acceptable for the Viking Ninjas to at least destroy the salvage rather than let it fall into the clan hands? Also, is it possible for the tank crew to set the B clanner to spike on its badly damaged engine? At the very least I guess Joshua will pick up the downed pilot of his star who survived (this guy is either cold as ice or just mean... he's laughing though most of his crew are dead... maybe he's happy about the salvage).

Awesome LP!! Especially the Caballeros, this battle and in particular the Steiner-duel (and the manga-esque comic of the Watch).
I haven't even played BT more than once and I'm really into this read.

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 30, 2011

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

What in the name of dicks WAS that Ragnarok? The only 90 ton 4/6 clan mech I know about is the Kingfisher, and it shouldn't be able to carry half the firepower we just saw!

MVPs: Hard to say on the I.S. side; the only one that really disappointed was the Gauss Dragon. the Hunchie absolutely romped that Nidhogg, and the Marauder and Thunderbolt just kept hanging in there and shooting important bits off clanners long after they should have been dead. And the Long Tom's artillery murder-suicide was just about as :black101: as it gets.

I think I'm gonna have to cast my vote for the Marauder, since while kicking rear end and going out like a boss is swell, ultimately it's kicking rear end and surviving that wins the game.

Clan MVP is obviously the Ragnarok because what did they build that thing out of, bullshit?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Sam Hall posted:

What in the name of dicks WAS that Ragnarok? The only 90 ton 4/6 clan mech I know about is the Kingfisher, and it shouldn't be able to carry half the firepower we just saw!

Clan MVP is obviously the Ragnarok because what did they build that thing out of, bullshit?

Its scary that you can actually have a mech that badass. I tried to make it in Skunwkers. It works if you use Ferro, runs really hot if you want to fire all weapons (dont) it works really well if you use Endo-steel aswell. (it is still hot)

In fact its just a really really hot mech. Basically its fast, it has max armor and it can either sit back and use its two ER PPCs or close in and gently caress poo poo up with its two 20's.

I also managed to fit a MASC to it if I removed some heatsinks.

Affi fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 30, 2011

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Wow, the Long Tom going :happyelf: was kinda expected, but still goddamn awesome.

Player MVP to the Long Tom.
As for the Clanners, yeah, MVP for Joshua because dman, that's a bullshit Mech.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
That was an exciting scenario, with a surprising ending. I have no doubt though, barring freak hits, that Joshua would have easily killed the Manticore and Marauder if he didn't just leave. Also, the Partisan crew surviving and blowing off a Clanner's head inside his mech was a surprise as well. Now for the MVP and AUTRO votes:

Slaan posted:

Sphere MVP: Long Tom for going down in glory! :patriot:
Clan MVP: Ragnarok because he survived :v:

13th Rasalhague MVP: Long Tom, because "No, gently caress YOU!" (Courtesy of
Bobbin Threadbare)
Honorable Mention: Marauder. It may have done more damage, but that wasn't :black101: enough.

Widowmaker MVP: Joshua's Ragnarok.
It took out two mechs, by far the best performance of the Clan units on the map.
Honorable Mention: Thunderchild.
It may have eaten a Long Tom round in the face, but in doing so it indirectly succeeded in destroying the Long Tom battery, and it killed the Grand Dragon.

AUTRO Vote: Ragnarok

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

landcollector posted:

Bobbin Threadbare)
Honorable Mention: Marauder. It may have done more damage, but that wasn't :black101: enough.

It took out two mechs, by far the best performance of the Clan units on the map.
It may have eaten a Long Tom round in the face, but in doing so it indirectly succeeded in destroying the Long Tom battery, and it killed the Grand Dragon.

I claim this vote as isorla. Barely-mobile artillery on the move versus a hypermobile clan murder machine and the artillery piece managed an extremely creditable draw. The Marauder by rights should have died, but instead kept on fighting with remarkable success. The Ragnarok... There's a reason that I have a great fondness for assaults. I'd like to see what she's made of. And the Thunderchild for embracing inner sphere melee techniques without a qualm to wreck a 'mech.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm pretty sure Natascha is not going to be a *happy camper* about Joshua grandstanding and ending up losing his entire Star, but for himself, regardless of how much horizontal mambo they do.

IS MVP: Marauder for surviving all that.
Honorable Mention: Long Tom because while awesome and a metal way to go out, it wasn't really a player unit.

Clan MVP: Thunderchild for single-handedly taking out the IS commanding unit as well as making sure the Long Tom had to fire danger-close, taking itself out with the Nova.

Honorable Mention: Honestly, this one is a bit tough, because apart from the Thunderchild and the Ragnarok, none of the other Clan mechs/pilots did anything noteworthy and I really don't want to give it to a Star Colonel who loses his entire star to a bunch of IS mech in a seriously lopsided fight. So, no honorable mentions for the Clanners this scenario.

Keru fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 30, 2011

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011

landcollector posted:

Bobbin Threadbare)

This as well.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Poor clanners. I salute you for your bravery in fighting these suicidal and murderous barbarians :sweden:

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Clan MvP: Joshua

Rasalhague MvP: Hunchback. The Hunchback made not only a near miraculous roll to hit on D, it also rolled in one of the few places to kill D in that shot. If D had lasted even one more round the Rasalhague would've been in a very deadly pincer.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Chronojam posted:

...the ninja tank crew running off to just straight murder the downed mech pilot...

Wait, when exactly did that happen? I went back through all the updates but didn't see anything about the Partisan crew after their tank went in the river.

IS MVP: 'Kamikaze' Long Tom - nothing says 'gently caress you' like a suicidal artillery round to the face.
Clan MVP: Thunderchild - Simply for the glorious flying kick to the face that sadly removed the Grand Dragon and it's shiny new gauss rifle before it could show off its stuff.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
In the very last update, there's a line about them popping in to assassinate the downed pilot. In the same section as shots fired and such.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
It's impossible to pick the best IS unit here. Everyone did a fantastic job. Since only one can be voted for, I choose Hunchback. If it didn't do what it did the whole fight would be different. Honorable mention to absolutely everyone else.

Best Clanner is obviously Thunderchild. Killed a heavier mech alone, cut off retreat of IS units forcing them to fight, stopped the Tom.

AUTRO vote goes for Ragnarok.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I've heard of "expect the unexpected", but this is ridiculous. Great scenario with a thrilling conclusion!

Player MVP: Thunderbolt. The Hunchback's kill shot on the Nidhogg was tough, the Thunderbolt's shot to put B down (hit on 12s, into the only open torso, into an ammo explosion + pilot knockout) was an absolute miracle.

OpFor MVP: Thunderchild. Live by the headshot, die by the headshot. :patriot:

AUTRO Vote: Lucerne

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

In the very last update, there's a line about them popping in to assassinate the downed pilot. In the same section as shots fired and such.

Wow, don't know how I missed that twice. :doh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This was the best thing to come home from work to. :iia:

PoptartsNinja posted:

After-Action Report:
Well, that was… different. And awesome. I will admit, the players’ initial movements threw me for a loop—I’d set them up in a position where they could linger in relative safety, protected from Clan attack until turn 3-4. I was also expecting them to hold the Monitor in reserve, rather than forcing the Clans to deal with it early—by using it as a speed bump instead of a nasty surprise attacker, the players essentially sacrificed a rook to trap the enemy Queen.

Instead of playing it safe, the choice to launch an aggressive counter-blitz threw me initially. The players took a far riskier action, but in the end it did ultimately pay off.

At horrible cost, admittedly, but that’s Battletech for you.

Proof of the old adage, "No plan survives contact with the enemy."

Votes:

Inner Sphere MVP: Marauder for surviving against all odds.
Inner Sphere Honorable Mention: Long Tom for its "No, gently caress YOU!" final attack.

Clan MVP: Ragnarok for reasons others have already mentioned.
Clan Honorable Mention: Thunderchild for taking out the Long Tom and the Grand Dragon.

AUTRO vote: Ragnarok, because I want to see what doomsday has in store for the Inner Sphere.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sam Hall posted:

What in the name of dicks WAS that Ragnarok? The only 90 ton 4/6 clan mech I know about is the Kingfisher

It's a Kingfisher.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Clan MVP: Dead or not the Thunderchild actually fulfilled mission parameters. Metal way to go or not, in the long run the LongTom was the most valuable piece of equipment the Goonlance had on the field. Plus, you know, boot to the head.

Honorary Mention: Headshots.

Rasalhague MVP: The Hunchie. Everyone darn well deserves it but I like AC-20 boats.

Speaking of which...

Honorary Mention: The River Monitor, for dictating the whole flow of the fight right up unit its death.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

the JJ posted:

Honorary Mention: The River Monitor, for dictating the whole flow of the fight right up unit its death.

Amazing how useful 'just a loving boat' can be, isn't it?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

PoptartsNinja posted:

Amazing how useful 'just a loving boat' can be, isn't it?

Yeah, it also survived much longer than I thought it would.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alternate-Universe 3032 TRO Entry 4

Ragnarok (Kingfisher)
Overview:

Named for the sense of impending doom it engenders among the MechWarriors of the Rasalhague military district, the Ragnarok is a rare but exceedingly deadly assault-weight design. Combining a deadly mix of armor, speed, and impossible firepower, the Ragnarok can keep pace with many Inner Sphere heavy ‘Mechs, and every variant leverages more firepower than the vaunted Banshee-S. Our Blessed Order believes that this design may be based on one piloted by Kerensky during his assault on Terra, should one still be in doubt as to the origins of the Clans.

Capabilities:
Sporting no less than five factory variants (unusual for a ‘Mech so rarely fielded), the Ragnarok can fulfill nearly any battlefield role. Our Blessed Order believes the design to be quite new, perhaps produced solely for the invasion of the Inner Sphere. The most common or ‘Alpha’ variant of the Ragnarok is a devastating machine built for heavy urban combat. Mounting a pair of deadly ER PPCs for long-range and sustainable firepower, the Ragnarok mounts a pair of heavy autocannons for close-in work. A head-mounted small laser provides the only real anti-infantry firepower, however infantrymen should be warned: one of the Ragnarok’s autocannons is capable of carrying deadly cluster munitions.

In contrast to the Alpha, the Beta variant of the Ragnarok seems designed for long-range bombardment. Mounting no less than three Gauss Rifles and enough ammunition for near-continuous barrages, the Beta can leverage low-heat precision firepower against any target it can see. Mounting only an SRM-2 for close-range combat, this variant of the Ragnarok may be vulnerable to close-range combat.

A dedicated infighter, the Gamma variant of the Ragnarok mounts a pair of heavy autocannons in the arms and enough ammunition to see it through a battle of nearly any duration. The addition of a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers in the right torso further cement the Gamma’s role as an infighter. It makes only a single concession to long-range combat in the form of an ER Large Laser mounted in the left torso. The addition of a rare Anti-Missile System allows the Gamma to close to its preferred ranges relatively unmolested.

The Delta configuration is unusual for a design which mounts autocannons and gauss rifles almost exclusively. While it does mount a Gauss Rifle for long-range firepower, this armament is complemented by the addition of three Artemis-IV equipped LRM-20 systems. The Delta is most commonly seen defending Clan supply depots, and it’s possible it may carry insufficient ammunition for a prolonged engagement. Mounting only an ER PPC and a ER Small Laser as a secondary armament, tempting the Delta into wasting ammunition for its launchers may be the swiftest way to defeat it.

Most closely resembling the design of Kerensky’s fabled DVS-2 Devastator, the Epsilon variant of the Ragnarok mounts a pair of Gauss Rifles backed by two Clan ER PPCs. This armament is rounded out by a trio of ER Small Lasers for close-in firepower, but mounts sufficient gauss rifle ammunition for protracted combat.

Deployment:
Seen rarely among every clan, the Ragnarok appears most frequently among the forces of Clan Widowmaker. Appearing most frequently among garrison forces, the Ragnarok also serves as the linchpin among Windowmaker fast-attack lances; while the Hell’s Horses employ it as an ‘anvil’ during flanking or pincer attacks. The Steel Vipers leverage the design almost exclusively as a garrison unit, which may not be unusual as they seem to prefer lighter, faster machines. Of all the Clans, only the Goliath Scorpions seem to disdain the Ragnarok. While they appear to have a few, the design has only appeared among their forces on the rare occasions when the Goliath Scorpions are forced to engage targets in an urban environment.

Equipment:
Mass: 90 tons
Chassis: Endo-Steel
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous
Power Plant: 360 Fusion XL Engine
Cruising Speed: 43.2 km/h
Walking MP: 4
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Running MP: 6
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: None
Jumping MP: 0
Armament: 43.5 tons of Pod Space available

Heat Sinks: 14 [28] (minimum)
Armor Factor: 278

Head Structure: 3
Head Armor: 9

Center Torso Structure: 29
Center Torso Armor: 45
Center Torso (Rear) Armor: 12

Left/Right Torso Structure: 19
Left/Right Torso Armor: 28
Left/Right Torso (Rear) Armor: 10

Left/Right Leg Structure: 19
Left/Right Leg Armor: 38

Left/Right Arm Structure: 15
Left/Right Arm Armor: 30

Standard Equipment:

Alpha Weapons and Ammo:

Ultra AC/20 – Right Arm
LB 20-X – Left Arm / Left Torso
ER PPC – Right Torso
2x Ammo Ultra AC/20 – Right Torso
ER PPC – Left Torso
2x Ammo LB 20-X – Left Torso
ER Small Laser – Head
Double Heat Sink – Right Torso
Double Heat Sink – Left Torso

Beta Weapons and Ammo:
Gauss Rifle – Right Arm
Gauss Rifle Ammo – Right Arm
Gauss Rifle – Left Arm
Gauss Rifle Ammo – Left Arm
SRM-2 – Right Torso
SRM-2 Ammo – Right Torso
3x Gauss Rifle Ammo – Right Torso
Gauss Rifle – Left Torso
Gauss Rifle Ammo – Left Torso

Gamma Weapons and Ammo:
Ultra AC/20 – Right Arm
Ultra AC/20 – Left Arm
2x Medium Pulse Laser – Right Torso
4x Ultra AC/20 Ammo – Right Torso
ER Large Laser – Left Torso
4x Ultra AC/20 Ammo – Left Torso
Anti-Missile System Ammo – Left Torso
Double Heat Sink – Left Torso
Anti-Missile System – Head

Delta Weapons and Ammo:
LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV – Right Arm
LRM-20 Artemis Ammo – Right Arm
Double Heat Sink – Right Arm
LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV – Left Arm
LRM-20 Artemis Ammo – Left Arm
Double Heat Sink – Left Arm
ER PPC – Right Torso
LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV – Right Torso
LRM-20 Artemis Ammo – Right Torso
Gauss Rifle – Left Torso
2x Gauss Rifle Ammo – Left Torso
ER Small Laser – Head

Epsilon Weapons and Ammo:
ER PPC – Right Arm
ER Small Laser – Right Arm
Double Heat Sink – Right Arm
ER PPC – Left Arm
ER Small Laser – Left Arm
Double Heat Sink – Left Arm
Gauss Rifle – Right Torso
2x Gauss Rifle Ammo – Right Torso
Gauss Rifle – Left Torso
2x Gauss Rifle Ammo – Left Torso
ER Small Laser – Head

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the JJ posted:

Clan MVP: Dead or not the Thunderchild actually fulfilled mission parameters. Metal way to go or not, in the long run the LongTom was the most valuable piece of equipment the Goonlance had on the field. Plus, you know, boot to the head.

Honorary Mention: Headshots.

Rasalhague MVP: The Hunchie. Everyone darn well deserves it but I like AC-20 boats.

Speaking of which...

These are the correct votes and I also vote them.

As great as the Marauder did at the end, I can't forget the "fire all weapons & overheat on 13+ to-hit odds" error earlier on. Goonlance did surprisingly well despite several errors, but it was mostly down to luck (so many headshots). But the hunchback did everything right, got some critical hits in, and drew a lot of the clan's attention exactly as it should.

I can't give the Clan MVP to Joshua either: it's easy to killdeathmaim in a 90-ton death machine. The skill in this battle came from the Thunderchild, which focused on the actual mission objectives, hosed up the goon's plans and exploited the weakness in it beautifully, and in the end, denied them their secondary objective.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Leperflesh posted:

As great as the Marauder did at the end, I can't forget the "fire all weapons & overheat on 13+ to-hit odds" error earlier on.

Yes, I was fully prepared to fire on a 12 that turn, but for some reason I forgot to factor in movement modfiers. Typical brainfart, because I know the game better than that. :blush:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fair enough, and you redeemed yourself nicely the rest of the game. Don't feel bad: Goonlance won!

It's also easy for me to criticize, but when my turn comes up I'll be amazed if I don't also make some dumb errors.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

That Ragnarok/Kingfisher is absolutely brutal. When the "worst" variant has a pair of Ultra AC/20s you know you have a winner, or a threat that's best dealt with from as far away as possible. That Devastator clone is one I would use and seems incredibly deadly. I also liked that you managed to sneak in as many superfluous ER Small Lasers as possible, just like the canon version.

Anyways, for the last game:
Rasalhague MVP: Hunchback, for being a Hunchback and taking out that Heavy with a pair of CT shots.
Clan MVP: Thunderchild, because anyone pulling off a Boot to the Head deserves the MVP. Actually achieving the objectives makes it even better.
Honorable Mention: Long Tom, for making every shot count. Especially the one that managed to take out two units! (Sure one of them was itself, but it counts.)

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Rasalhague MVP: Marauder
Clan MVP: Thunderchild

The Marauder had staying power throughout the fight and scored a few vital kills, while as a few others have noted, the Thunderchild singlehandedly killed one of the most dangerous Rasalhague mechs in the Grand Dragon and took out the Long Tom.

Also, love the Kingfisher. Autocannons are one of my favourite weapons and the LBX/Ultra combo is fantastically deadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Guitar_Hero posted:

Rasalhague MVP: Marauder
Clan MVP: Thunderchild

Definitely this. That Marauder just refused to go down and in the end that made the difference.

• Locked thread