Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As an aside, and I don't want to turn this into a long-winded derail, but after checking in a recent BT thread on /tg/, I was set about looking for the latest Dark Age novel. (Apparently I need a Kindle app, which I'll admit leaves me cold since I have an irrational dislike of things associated with e-readers in any way.) In the process I couldn't help but peek at spoilers in reader reviews for A Bonfire of Worlds. Odds things I noticed led me to look for more spoilers, which I frankly shouldn't have done.

Because now I'm awash with a terrible melancholy over the fate of a major Successor State, and probably the Inner Sphere as a whole.

I realize this was published in Battlecorps a year before the thread started, and I can surmise that this may have played a part in the creation of this LP and its associated alternate-universe fanfictional elements, but I'd like to say that knowing more about the context of the Dark Ages--most plot elements from beyond the Jihad supplements (which I own) haven't been integrated into sarna, so I was mostly ignorant of them--has made me appreciate Poptart's work in Let's All Play Battletech all the more.

This goes double for PTN's recent acceptance by Battlecorps. Here's hoping that the 3032 Clan Invasion goes out not with a whimper, but a bang. And here's hoping even more that when he's completed his good works here, the 32nd Century of the Human Sphere may find his hand behind fate's helm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

0621 is out of LOS to the stalker unless both the stalker and the gladiator want to shoot each other. Otherwise the stalker can force the Gladiators fire to hit a building hex and the Gladiator can do the same to the Stalker. 0621 puts you in place for a backstab unless the stalker backs the gently caress up.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'm looking for a new avatar and I just realized that combining an Atlas with :getin: would be awesome. (not the mech)

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, so I drew you one.

Having armor is not an excuse for wasting it, that's a completely idiotic way of looking at things. If Rolling Thunder was more concentrated and could actually manage to focus fire on the Stalker you might have a point. But they don't, so it's best to clean up the other mechs while leaving the Stalker to shoot at nothing. With 2 of the 3 remaining friendly units fairly damaged and the third one being a medium that has to get into the Stalker's killzone to be effective, it is actually very essential that the entire thing be coordinated, which will take another turn or two to ensure that everyone is in a position to do anyway. You're not wrong that eventually the play needs to be "Gladiator flanks STK, everything else shoots STK," but that play isn't set up yet and it has a much greater chance of failure if they try to force it now.

Also, it's called a "pincer".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Waiting on the Awesome and Gladiator. I've got tomorrow off, so it'd be great if I could get those orders today.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
There is always the option of moving the Awesome to 0309* a good range from where it can focus fire with the Ostroc at the Whitworth and also take it away from the Stalker's LoS. There's the possible issue of indirect LRM fire from the Stalker (I'm not sure if the Whitworth can spot) hitting the rear but after checking the Awesome turns out to have more rear armor on all torso sections (LT: 9 front vs 10 rear, CT 6 front vs 19 rear, RT 0 front vs 4 rear). The Gladiator could take the turn jumpjetting back to the other side or try to get close and dirty with the Gaussbie if a risky move is desired (though it'd be essential to run if this pulled the Stalker's aggro (which would give more breathing room to the Awesome).

Why fight the Stalker at all? It is too close to the Awesome for Goonlance to gang up on the Gaussbie first after the Whitworth, but the Whitworth can and should definitely die first.

*or closer, I don't understand those checks though. Also, I'm pretty sure 0309 is close enough but I don't know about turning around.

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 14, 2011

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
I'm curious as to weather or not PTN is letting Defiance Industries control Paul Master's still. It's amusing to think of him running around, dodging lightning each turn.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

cwDeici posted:

There is always the option of moving the Awesome to 0309* a good range from where it can focus fire with the Ostroc at the Whitworth and also take it away from the Stalker's LoS. There's the possible issue of indirect LRM fire from the Stalker (I'm not sure if the Whitworth can spot) hitting the rear but after checking the Awesome turns out to have more rear armor on all torso sections (LT: 9 front vs 10 rear, CT 6 front vs 19 rear, RT 0 front vs 4 rear). The Gladiator could take the turn jumpjetting back to the other side or try to get close and dirty with the Gaussbie if a risky move is desired (though it'd be essential to run if this pulled the Stalker's aggro (which would give more breathing room to the Awesome).

Why fight the Stalker at all? It is too close to the Awesome for Goonlance to gang up on the Gaussbie first after the Whitworth, but the Whitworth can and should definitely die first.

*or closer, I don't understand those checks though. Also, I'm pretty sure 0309 is close enough but I don't know about turning around.

If the Awesome is backing up the Ostroc (which I think is a great idea), they need to talk about where the Ostroc is moving so it doesn't accidentally block the shot of the Awesome.

Edit: vvvv Huh, I thought they did. Then is that Urbie saving its ammo? Hmm. Curious and Curiouser.

Krumbsthumbs fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 14, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Krumbsthumbs posted:

If the Awesome is backing up the Ostroc (which I think is a great idea), they need to talk about where the Ostroc is moving so it doesn't accidentally block the shot of the Awesome.

`Mechs don't block line of sight.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Scurrilous posted:

I'm curious as to weather or not PTN is letting Defiance Industries control Paul Master's still. It's amusing to think of him running around, dodging lightning each turn.

PTN is making me play the Thunder Plains minigame in FFX over and over again, yes.

He is a son of a bitch.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Scurrilous posted:

Oh yeah, what kind of psycho storm is this anyway where lightning gets splash damage (or maybe that's because they're so much metal)? Got to be one hell of an inhospitable planet with this sort of inclement weather!

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 14, 2011

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Defiance Industries posted:

PTN is making me play the Thunder Plains minigame in FFX over and over again, yes.

He is a son of a bitch.

what if you manage to dodge all 200 and get the special item that unlocks? :allears: does Masters suddenly gain super-martial arts and gain the ability to take on Battlemechs on foot, Xenogears style?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Orders submitted as of a minute or two ago. Sorry for the delay but I've been at work a ton this last week after a coworker unexpectedly passed away and have barely been on my computer.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

what if you manage to dodge all 200 and get the special item that unlocks? :allears: does Masters suddenly gain super-martial arts and gain the ability to take on Battlemechs on foot, Xenogears style?

Better than that. When glaring at an enemy mech, Masters does damage equal to a cERPPC to that mech's HD section regardless of armor type.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

Better than that. When glaring at an enemy mech, Masters does damage equal to a cERPPC to that mech's HD section regardless of armor type.

In the canon timeline this was one of the abilities exhibited by Caesar's son Reinhardt.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

cwDeici posted:

Oh yeah, what kind of psycho storm is this anyway where lightning gets splash damage (or maybe that's because they're so much metal)? Got to be one hell of an inhospitable planet with this sort of inclement weather!

Lightning forks.

... But really, the standard lightning rules hit as hard as Sniper artillery on a roll of a 4+, 1d6/2 number of lightnings, 6 (max power)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Subbing in.

0621 exposes me to fire from the other two but I can advance on the Stalker next turn. Going to go for that and shoot the Trashcan. We cool?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Saving Janos Marik: Tactical Update 12

Combat Phase
A Awesome
- Fires PPC at 9 Stalker (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (13/23 armor remains)!
- Fires PPC at 9 Stalker (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 5): rolled 11, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remains)! Critical Chance! Pilot hit!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 27!

S Ostroc
- Fires Large Laser at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (10/18 armor remains)!
Gains 17 heat, sinks 15!

G Gladiator
- Fires Medium Laser at 3 Urbanmech (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (4/9 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at 3 Urbanmech (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at 3 Urbanmech (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 weather = 7): rolled 6, miss!
Gains 9 heat, sinks 12!

1 Bombardier
- Fires LRM-20 at G Gladiator (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 weather + 3 minimum range - 1 LK Missiles = 8): rolled 10, 20 missiles hit Right Torso (14/19 armor remains), Right Torso (9/19 armor remains), Center Torso (21/26 armor remains), Right Torso (4/19 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-4 at G Gladiator (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 weather - 1 LK Missiles = 5): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Left Leg (17/19 armor remains), Center Torso (19/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Machine Gun at G Gladiator (2 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 weather = 9): rolled 8, miss!

3 Urbanmech
- Fires Gauss Rifle at G Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 weather = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (0/19 armor, 2/13 structure remains)! Critical Chance!

5 Whitworth
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Overheating!

9 Stalker
- Fires LRM-10 at A Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 weather - 1 LK Missiles = 7): Rolled 9, 6 missiles hit Right Torso (6/17 structure remains (Critical Chance!)), Left Leg (16/33 armor remains (Through-Armor Critical Chance!))!
- Fires LRM-10 at A Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 weather - 1 LK Missiles = 7): Rolled 12, 8 missiles hit Left Torso (4/24 armor remains), Right Arm (18/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at A Awesome (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 9): Rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at A Awesome (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 9): Rolled 10, hit Right Leg (2/33 armor remains)!
- Overheating!

End Phase:
9 Stalker
- Critical chance in Head! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Cockpit hit!
- `Mech Destroyed!

A Awesome
- Critical Chance in Right Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Heat Sink destroyed!
- - Heat Sink destroyed!
- Through-Armor Critical Chance in Left Leg! Limb blown off!
- - Suffers damage to Left Arm (2/24 armor remains), Right Arm (15/24 armor remains) in the fall!
- Attempts to avoid pilot damage (3 base + 5 Left Leg Blown Off + 1 attempting to avoid pilot damage + 1 massive damage = 10): Rolled 11, succeeds!

G Gladiator
- Critical Chance in Right Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Jump Jet destroyed!
- - Heat sink destroyed!
- - Jump Jet destroyed!

Turn End Phase:
Lightning strikes 3 hexes at moderate power this turn!
- - Lightning Strikes hex 0104!
- - Lightning Strikes hex 1322!
- - Lightning Strikes hex 0212!

“This Whitworth’s going to overheat himself if he keeps this up,” Rebecca’s radio crackled. She tuned it out, her vision tunneling until the only thing in the universe was that damned enemy Stalker. She took a breath, let it out slowly, watched missiles burst from their tubes in slow motion, the telltale glow of the Stalker’s big lasers as it prepared to unleash another hellish salvo. The baked-in sweat of dozens of generations of `Mechwarriors filled her nostrils as her Awesome vented the heat of her last salvo.

She thumbed the firing stud for her primary circuit, and her Awesome rocked under a hit from one of the Stalker’s lasers as time resumed its normal, hectic pace. One of her PPCs struck the enemy `Mech square in the cockpit, shattering glass. The pilot, barely visible behind the armored transpex, vanished in an instant in a hellish inferno of charged particles. The Stalker fell.

A single LRM, corkscrewing wildly as its guidance system failed, struck her Awesome’s hip joint. Normally, such an insignificant weapon would’ve caused no problems, but the right leg of Rebecca’s Awesome was not the original; and when it had been replaced a century ago after a battle with the Lyrans, the replacement hip joint had been attached in a hurry to heat-fatigued skeletal titanium.

There was a soft pop, and a shriek of tortured metal, then the Awesome’s left leg popped off at the hip like a broken action figure.

Mission Objectives
Destroy All Enemy Forces (6/9)
OR
Destroy the Janos Marik (0/1)

Secondary Objective
Don’t Destroy the Janos Marik (1/1)

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
1) BMB-10D Bombardier Stationary (+0)
3) UM-R60G Urbanmech Stationary (+0)
5) WTH-1 Whitworth Jumped (+2)

AWS-8Q Awesome
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 4/24 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 6/30 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 19/19
RT A(S): 0/24 (11/17)
RT R A(S): 4/10
LA A(S): 2/24 (13/13)
RA A(S): 15/24 (13/13)
LL A(S): 16/33 (17/17) Limb Blown Off!
RL A(S): 2/33 (17/17)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 25
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Sergeant Major Rebecca Cage
Mechwarrior Player: Canopus250
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: Destroyed!)
PPC – LT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status, OK!
Critical Damage: Left Leg Blown Off (Mission-Killed)!
Notes: 1 hand, Mission Killed (mission fails if the Awesome is the last surviving `Mech)

ON1-K Orion
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Captain Paul Masters
Mechwarrior Player: Defiance Industries
Mechwarrior Status: MIA!

OSR-2C Ostroc
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 3/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 14/22 (3/14)
LT R A(S): 0/4
CT A(S): 1/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 0/22 (4/14)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 8/8 (10/10)
RA A(S): 0/8 (0/10) Limb Blown Off!
LL A(S): 15/20 (14/14)
RL A(S): 0/20 (14/14)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Janos Valens
Mechwarrior Player: ActionZero
Armament:
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM-4 – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Right Upper Arm Actuator Destroyed!
Notes: 2 hands

GLD-4R Gladiator
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 19/26 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 0/19 (2/13)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 10/15 (9/9)
RA A(S): 10/15 (9/9)
LL A(S): 17/19 (13/13)
RL A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/3
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant Joshua Davion
Mechwarrior Player: Guitar_Hero (Defiance Industries, temporarily)
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 13, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

Enemy Status

1) BMB-10D Bombardier
Weight:
65 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 4/6/0
Armament:
LRM-20, LRM-20, SRM-4, Machine Gun
Notes:

2) RVN-1X Raven
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

3) UM-R60G Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Movement: 2/3/2
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, Small Laser
Notes:

4) UM-R60G Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)

5) WTH-1 Whitworth
Weight:
40 tons (Medium)
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Armament:
LRM-10, LRM-10, Medium Laser, Medium Laser, Medium Laser
Critical Damage: OK!
Notes:

6) MON-67 Mongoose
Weight:
25 tons
Mechwarrior Status: Killed!

7) HER-1A Hermes
Weight:
30 tons

8) UM-R60 Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)

9) STK-3F Stalker
Weight:
85 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Status: Killed!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
WOW!

That solves the Stalker problem.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Man, here I was thinking goonlance's lack of unified tactics had pretty much screwed them out of a victory. You guys had better sacrifice a few virgins to the dice gods for that one.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Behold, folks.

The Dice of Battletech.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, Goonlance. Thank the dice gods, sacrifice a few virgins to them, and start FOCUSING FIRE ALREADY.

Murder that drat Whitworth already, it's overstayed its welcome.

Actually, screw that, kill both it and the Gaussmech if you can. They need to go down before the dice turn against you.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
And thus we exchange a headshot for a TAC kill. Let us reflect on the beauty of this formula.

Okay, done reflecting. Get back to the killing.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crigit posted:

Man, here I was thinking goonlance's lack of unified tactics had pretty much screwed them out of a victory. You guys had better sacrifice a few virgins to the dice gods for that one.

I wouldn't count this done yet. The Stalker is dead - through amazing goddamn luck - but effectively so's the Awesome.

Goonlance has been reduced to a severely mauled Ostroc and the now breached Gladiator; that Gauss Urbie could, with a little luck, take out both on it's own. You guys must absolutely kill that thing right now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He really really wasn't supposed to hit me with his LRMs at that range. Also not all 20 of them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

He really really wasn't supposed to hit me with his LRMs at that range.

I took a risk, since the Bombarder seems to have found a half-dozen four leaf clovers and subsequently now has all the luck. All of it (and it paid off once again).

This would be a 'disable PPC inhibitors' moment for the Gladiator, personally (since it probably won't kill the Urbie with medium lasers and SRMs), but I'm not sure if I want to allow that or not.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Heh, that Awesome, :iia:
Seriously though even though you've been reduced to a pogo stick you did really well there, that was quite a shot.
Also kill that urbie dead already!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

He really really wasn't supposed to hit me with his LRMs at that range.
Much less all 20. Jesus.

I think I have to preemptively vote for the Bombardier as OpFor MVP, because goddamn, that thing has done nothing but dish out pain.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

An eye for an eye, a leg for a cockpit one-shot.

Bravo, Nuffle. Bravo. :cheers:

Guess we'll just let you guys get to work now. Wonder if the Awesome can drag its body about to maybe get facing someways helpfulwise.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Could I run into 0923? I don't have my books to double check the move.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Helter Skelter posted:

Much less all 20. Jesus.

I think I have to preemptively vote for the Bombardier as OpFor MVP, because goddamn, that thing has done nothing but dish out pain.

It did pretty much the same thing to my Orion too, except it hit my ammo and set me off.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

It did pretty much the same thing to my Orion too, except it hit my ammo and set me off.

Guess where the ammo for your right-arm SRM-6 is?

That's right, the Left Torso!

... Wait, what? (it's true)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Gladiator, gently caress it and go to melee range (No Jump) against the urbie and bombardier. and ALPHA, then kick the urbie to death. Ostroc, turn one run up to 1304 and large laser/2 medium laser the Whitworth. Awesome you can still turn, turn 1 towards janos marik. You have both arms and can prop yourself up on the left and fire both ppcs at anything that moves into your sight. :black101: :black101:

Oh and Gladiator ask ptn if you have enough movement to move into 0724 this turn.

DI 0923 is asking for a kick to your head from the urbie.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 15, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Guess where the ammo for your right-arm SRM-6 is?

That's right, the Left Torso!

... Wait, what? (it's true)

You mean the one part of my machine that still has full armor? A goddamn relief.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

He really really wasn't supposed to hit me with his LRMs at that range. Also not all 20 of them.

Gambling on an 8+? I don't know. You should have gotten in closer to make that a 9 or 10+. The guassbie and the srm4 are short range to you no matter what so getting a +1 movement modifier increase as well as more min range on the lrm would be a good idea if you're just planning to rush them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You mean the one part of my machine that still has full armor? A goddamn relief.

Dont go to 0923 you will get kicked in the head, also you want to kill the urbie not the bombardier who has 0 lrms left. You want to end up where you can point blank the urbie and then kick it. 0723 lets you pointblank on the urbie and maybe kill it. and you can kick either the urbie or bombardier if you end your movement facing the urbie. Also this puts you inside the min range on the gauss and protects your right torso from the bombardier.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Longinus00 posted:

Gambling on an 8+? I don't know. You should have gotten in closer to make that a 9 or 10+. The guassbie and the srm4 are short range to you no matter what so getting a +1 movement modifier increase as well as more min range on the lrm would be a good idea if you're just planning to rush them.

I was trying to not get BFed by the Stalker, too. Any closer gave it LoS.

But that turn is done now. whether or not I have the MP to enter 0724 is also a good question.

I am just weighing options here, btw.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh and Gladiator ask ptn if you have enough movement to move into 0724 this turn.

That's a very good way to wind up sheering of the Gladiator's right torso during the movement phase, thus depriving it of over half its armament before it gets to fire.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's a very good way to wind up sheering of the Gladiator's right torso during the movement phase, thus depriving it of over half its armament before it gets to fire.

Point, it is viable for next turn though.

If the Gauss urbie and whitworth go down then the team wins as long as the ostroc stands, Ostroc can play I have 15 range large lasers and I am faster than your rear end with the bomardier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
It's like I usually say: play well and shift the odds in your favor, and you'll have a good record in the long run. In the short-term, though, anything can happen. Anything.

This is one of those times. Now go finish the job.

• Locked thread