Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh my god people they are all pod people*! The Jenner will alert the others, the clans are now infected it is all over!

*Bird people.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god guys there's alien birds everywhere they have sharp sticks help :supaburn:

E: Whatever happened with the space plague thing from Outfoxed?

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 26, 2012

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
If so, we need to call upon the Snow Ravens to begin orbital bombardment. Nothing escapes the surface. Nothing.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

GenericOverusedName posted:

Oh god guys there's alien birds everywhere they have sharp sticks help :supaburn:

*Cough cough* I have no *wheeze* idea *cough* what you're *bleurgh* talking about, nothing went wrong on that mission.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to Nioclas. I hope he's okay.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nope.

And stop obsessing over the Jenner guys. Am I going to have to do a fluff piece from its perspective to convince you it's just a random DCMS officer?

(looks over the comments since then)

Apparently so. :colbert:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

I have an inkling that it will become apparent that Mechwarrior Salah got the easy way out.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I mean, for Nioclas to be symptomatic after just a few minutes would mean that it is both extremely contagious and extremely fast acting. That would be difficult to contain without immediate quarantines. However, if it takes out its hosts quickly then it would be self-containing to some degree. If it doesn't... then things could get very interesting for the Sea Foxes. [/biostudentsperg]

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Or maybe it's just a bad case of bird flu and he'll be up and about in no time? :smith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, that's certainly one way to take cover. :raise:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Basements offer cover right?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Clearly somebody has forgotten that they no longer pilot an elemental and has climbed the Atlus.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god did Serril fall into the rubble like we were worried would happen? Or did my legs snap off and make me skid / fall into the pond?

E: \/\/\/ what.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 26, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Holy crap guys, Yorinaga Kurita actually missed with one of his weapons! :aaa:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Clerly he's afraid. Very afraid. :smug:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Holy crap guys, Yorinaga Kurita actually missed with one of his weapons! :aaa:

I think in this situation :aaaaa: is more appropriate

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
An excellent fluff opportunity! This scenario has been pretty awesome I gotta say. It feels so different from all the other ones so far and is now at the super exciting phase.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Takashi!!!! :argh:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stop toying with our emotions like this.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

PoptartsNinja posted:

That'll teach you to be omniscient as the DM :smug:

But seriously, though, OGN - did you sprint for the water?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rick_Hunter posted:

No, you don't understand. I was preempting the players.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Rick_Hunter posted:

But seriously, though, OGN - did you sprint for the water?

Not intentionally, no. Though now I'm kind of wondering if I should have, since it'd help me with heat and let me shoot more stuff. But the coordinator would have been out of range of all my other weapons so why bother?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Not intentionally, no. Though now I'm kind of wondering if I should have, since it'd help me with heat and let me shoot more stuff. But the coordinator would have been out of range of all my other weapons so why bother?

The water (depth 1) would only help if you had double heat sinks in the legs.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

No, i meant the hex at 0810, if running 8 hexes and down 1 (2MP) is possible. You could alpha strike from there.
But...let's see how this plays out. I am pretty drat eager to see this mission come to its conclusion.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I've always wondered why the Grand Dragon isn't heavier then the Dragon.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Affi posted:

Because it's built on the same chassis.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Affi posted:

The difference is that the Dragon is for squares, and the Grand Dragon is for pimps. For centuries Combine philosophers have struggled with the traits that separate pimp from square, but all agree that pimps (and only pimps) pilot the Grand Dragon.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 26, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pleeeeeaaaaase let Takashi have died hilariously to a headshot.

In reality he probably just blew up the ilkhan.

edit: Hey what if they destroyed the coordinator's mech, but he successfully ejected? Would the mission turn into whack-a-mole where they try to step on him? Would the coordinator have to commit sudoku for losing?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Death by sudoku. A fate worse than self-disembowelment.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Dolash posted:

Pleeeeeaaaaase let Takashi have died hilariously to a headshot.

In reality he probably just blew up the ilkhan.

edit: Hey what if they destroyed the coordinator's mech, but he successfully ejected? Would the mission turn into whack-a-mole where they try to step on him? Would the coordinator have to commit sudoku for losing?

Maybe it will become a game of whack-a-mole or the Draconis forces will still do a banzai charge if they hear that the Coordinators mech has been shot down.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Counting Coup: Tactical Update 11

Movement Phase
B Warhammer
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (0 base - 1 movement = -1): automatic success!
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (0 base + 0 movement = 0): automatic success!

S3 Jenner
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid a skid (4 base + 0 movement = 4): rolled 11, succeeds!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (2 base + 0 movement = 2): automatic success!
- Entered rubble hex, must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 0 movement = 2): automatic success!
- Entered rubble hex, must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 0 movement = 2): automatic success!

P2 Hellbringer C
- Entered rubble hex, must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 movement = 3): rolled 5, succeeds!
- Entered rubble hex, must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 movement = 3): rolled 7, succeeds!
- Entered rubble hex, must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 movement = 3): rolled 3, succeeds!

P3 Gargoyle D
- MASC engaged, must pass a 3+ stress test or suffer leg damage: rolled 5, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (3 base - 1 movement = 2): automatic success!

P4 Gargoyle Prime
- MASC engaged, must pass a 3+ stress test or suffer leg damage: rolled 3, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (3 base + 3 movement = 6): rolled 4, fails!
- Skids into hex 0810!

End Phase
P4 Gargoyle Prime
- Skids into a lower-level hex, automatic fall!
- - Suffers falling damage (damage reduced by water) to Right Torso (22/26 armor remains)!
- - Pilot hit! Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!

Combat Phase
P4 Gargoyle Prime
- Unable to fire, no Line of Sight to target!
Generates 2 heat, sinks 32(42)!

P3 Gargoyle D
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (17/27 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 2, fails to achieve lock!
Generates 26 heat, sinks 32!

P2 Hellbringer C
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (8/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 9, 6 missiles hit O1 Atlas Left Arm (32/34 armor remains), Right Torso (30/32 armor remains), Right Torso (28/32 armor remains), Left Leg (39/41 armor remains), Left Torso (30/32 armor remains), Left Arm (30/34 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 7, fails to achieve lock!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 7, fails to achieve lock!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 4, fails to achieve lock!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 10): rolled 6, fails to achieve lock!
Generates 17 heat, sinks 26!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Fires Ultra AC-20 (ultra) at A Dragon (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 9) rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 9) rolled 8, hit O1 Atlas Right Torso (21/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 9) rolled 2, miss!
Generates 26 heat, sinks 26!

A Grand Dragon
- Fires Heavy PPC at P1 Stormcrow B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/17 armor, 9/13 structure remains (critical chance!))!
- - PPC must pass a 3+ capacitor feedback test or be destroyed: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Fires SRM-6 (Tandem Charge) at P1 Stormcrow B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, 3 missiles hit Left Torso (14/17 armor, 12/13 structure remains (critical chance!)), Right Leg (22/25 armor, 12/13 structure remains (critical chance!)), Right Leg (21/25 armor, 11/13 structure remains (critical chance!))!

B Warhammer
- Fires ER-PPC at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 10, hit Rear Center Torso (0/10 armor remains)!
- Fires ER-PPC at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 4, hit Right Arm (10/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (16/21 structure remains (critical chance!))!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (15/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, miss!

O1 Atlas
- Fires LRM-20 at P2 Hellbringer (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!

O2 Mauler Daboku 1
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (0/30 armor remains)!

O3 Mauler Daboku 2
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (17/32 armor remains)!

O4 Hatamoto Hankou
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (2/32 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!

S1 Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Large Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 3, miss!

S3 Jenner 2
- Holds fire!

S5 Panther 1
- Fires SRM-4 at P2 Hellbringer C (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Rear Right Torso (5/7 armor remains), Rear Center Torso (14/21 structure remains (critical chance!)), Rear Left Torso (5/7 armor remains)

End Phase:
A Dragon
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 12, succeeds!

P2 Hellbringer C
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit! Gains 5 heat!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Heat sink destroyed!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - - Overheating! Movement reduced to 5/8/0, +1 penalty to fire!
- - Ultra AC/20 ammo hit! Pilot hit!
- - - Suffers 120 damage to Left Torso (0/17 armor, 0/13 structure remains)! Torso destroyed! Remaining damage vented by CASE!
- Critical chance in Right Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Lower leg actuator destroyed! Base movement reduced to 5/8/0!
- Critical chance in Right Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper leg actuator destroyed! Base movement reduced to 4/6/0!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 12, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator hit + 1 actuator hit= 5): rolled 4, fails!
- - Suffers damage to Center Torso (16/25 armor remains)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (2 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator hit + 1 actuator hit + 1 attempting to avoid pilot damage = 6): rolled 2, fails! Pilot hit!
- Must pass a 7+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!

Gunjin Kerra “Taku” Nicholas grumbled quietly as his Jenner distanced itself from the fighting. The Dragon’s Sword himself had set Taku on this task: where there was one lance of Clanners, there were bound to be more—and with the bulk of the DCMS’ infantry and spotters focused outwards, that ment it was up to him: the fastest remaining `Mech in the Second Sword of Light’s command company, to scout for the enemy.

Nicknamed ‘Taku’ by the rest of the unit—something Nicholas had always assumed was a mispronunciation of Tako, octopus, one of his favorite foods; Nicholas may have been dismayed to learn that the origin was actually the word ‘Otaku,’ and was a direct slight against his non-asian ancestry. One of the largest—and certainly the heaviest—pilot in the Second Sword of Light, Nicholas always looked comical trying to squeeze into the cockpit hatch of his Jenner and his weight was decidedly un-Kurita… so long as one discounted the irascible Chandrasekhar. Indeed, Taku’s love of food was legendary among the Sworders—as the boiling pot of ramen sitting on his cockpit’s heat exchangers could attest.

His mission had nearly ended before it’d begun when he’d burst through the thin glass of the Kazemizu building and straight into the gunsights of a Clan medium `Mech. Taku counted himself fortunate then, that the Clanner had apparently decided him not worth killing and had moved on to engage the Second Sword of Light’s main counter-push.

Taku’s radio crackled quietly. “You, `Mechwarrior. The one in the Jenner, what are you doing?”

His rotund features curled into a parody of an angry expression that many among the Second Sword of Light would (and had, in the past) found exceedingly comical as he toggled his transmission switch. “Who is this?” he demanded with his best intimidating growl.

“Ah, I am Kat Yamaguchi,” the voice replied. “Oyabun of Luthien. My men and I watch the river for more Clanners, we will keep you informed. You may return to the battle for the Coordinator’s life.”

So ka?” Taku replied with incredulity.

“Return to the fight, gunjin,” the Dragon Sword—Yorinaga Kurita himself—interjected. “Yamaguchi-san, our lives—and that of the Dragon—are in your hands.”

Deep in the bowls of one of his dockside warehouses, the Young Kat Yamaguchi grinned. “We serve the Dragon as well, Kurita Yorinaga-sama. We shall be as the divine wind: no Clanner will pass into or out of Imperial City and live.”

Mission Objectives
Kill Takashi Kurita

Secondary Objective
At least 1 Clan `Mech escapes via any of the river hexes

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A Grand Dragon: R+2
B Warhammer: S+0
O1 Atlas: R+1
O2 Mauler Daboku 1: S+0
O3 Mauler Daboku 2: S+0
O4 Hatamoto Hankou: S+0
S1 Phoenix Hawk: W+2
S3 Jenner 2: R+4
S5 Panther 1: S+0

P5 Kingfisher B
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Nasrullah
Mechwarrior Player: Keru
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree burns, Killed by Synaptic Overload!

P4 Gargoyle 1 Prime
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 26/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 38/38 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 22/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 26/26 (13/13)
RA A(S): 26/26 (13/13)
LL A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Zenyatta DeLarel
Mechwarrior Player: GenericOverusedName
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
ER PPC – LA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – RA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – RT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – HD (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

P3 Gargoyle 2 D
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 0/9 (2/3)
LT A(S): 24/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 36/38 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 17/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/26 (13/13)
RA A(S): 18/26 (13/13)
LL A(S): 29/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 29/34 (17/17)
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater
Mechwarrior Player: Der Waffle Maus
Armament:
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Targeting Computer – RT (Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

P2 Hellbringer C
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 8/23 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 5/7
CT A(S): 2/32 (14/21)
CT R A(S): 0/10
RT A(S): 23/23 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 5/7
LA A(S): 15/20 (10/10)
RA A(S): 10/20 (10/10)
LL A(S): 15/30 (15/15)
RL A(S): 0/30 (15/15)
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 13(26)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Kelso Cooper
Mechwarrior Player: Serril
Armament:
ER Large Laser – LT (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 84, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine hit, +5 heat/turn!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

P1 Stormcrow B
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 0/17 (0/13)
LT R A(S): 9/9
CT A(S): 16/25 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 0/17 (9/13)
RT R A(S): 9/9
LA A(S): 14/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 16/25 (13/13)
RL A(S): 21/25 (11/13)
Heat: 11/30
Overheat Penalty: 2/3!
Heat Sinks: 13(26)
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: ilKhan Lair Seidman
Mechwarrior Player: thatbastardken
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Feedback, Compound-Fractured Collarbone!
Armament:
Ultra AC/20 – LA (Heat: 7, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine hit, +10 heat/turn! Lower Left Leg Actuator destroyed! Upper Right Leg Actuator destroyed!
Notes: 1 hand

Enemy Status

A) GRD-1T Grand Dragon
Weight:
60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Coordinator Takashi Kurita
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, SRM-6
Notes:

B) WHM-6Y Warhammer
Weight:
70 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 0, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-sa Yorinaga Kurita
Armament:
2x ER PPC, 3x Medium Laser, 2x Small Laser, Null Signature System
Notes:

C) THG-11E Thug
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Status: Severe concussion!

O1 AS7-D Atlas
Weight:
100 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-Sho Oda Hideyoshi
Armament:
Autocannon/20, 4x Medium Laser, LRM-20, SRM-6
Notes:

O2 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 1
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O3 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 2
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O4 HTM-25T Hatamoto Hankou
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, 2x SRM-6, Medium Laser, Small Laser
Notes:

S1 PHX-1D Phoenix Hawk
Weight:
45 tons (Medium)
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser
Notes:

S2 JR7-D Jenner 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejection seat failure!

S3 JR7-D Jenner 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
4x Medium Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S4 SDR-5V Spider
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Dead!

S5 PNT-8Z Panther 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
Large Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S6 PNT-9R Panther 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

S7 PNT-9R Panther 3
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Killed In Action!

S8 PNT-9R Panther 4
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 26, 2012

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Tandem-Charge Warheads? Takashi is not loving around.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Welp.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo.

Ouch.

How likely was it for Yorinaga to miss with any one of his given weapons? Given that he is 0/0, I'm assuming it is very rare.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I thought the Atlas couldn't shield because it ran? And I thought it would have said (Sh) if it was shielding, like the Thug did the other turn...

Move Mods from Last Turn posted:

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A Grand Dragon: R+2
B Warhammer: R+1
O1 Atlas: R+2
O2 Mauler Daboku 1: S+0
O3 Mauler Daboku 2: S+0
O4 Hatamoto Hankou: S+0
S1 Phoenix Hawk: J+3
S3 Jenner 2: J+3
S5 Panther 1: S+0

Also, skidding into that pond is hilarious.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The next turn is going to decide things. Everyone is at knife fighting range and the Drac gauss rounds are finding their mark fairly well.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

I thought the Atlas couldn't shield because it ran? And I thought it would have said (Sh) if it was shielding, like the Thug did the other turn...

Also, skidding into that pond is hilarious.

Considering the objective is literally putting itself right in front of you at the moment while shouting "shoot me," I'd think that worrying about the shielding rules would be lower on the priority list.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I thought the Atlas couldn't shield because it ran?

Were it anyone but Oda Hideyoshi, that would be the case. Oda has been the Coordinator's Bodyguard for pretty much his entire military career. His effectiveness is only mitigated by Takashi's own recklessness.

So yes, I'm bending the Shielding rules slightly but only because it's Oda Hideyoshi and only because this is exactly the kind of thing he's trained for and he's useless if he can't keep his Atlas moving with Takashi's much faster Dragon.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
You guys are awfully lucky that PTN is still advancing the Dragon. Had it backed away even for a turn you would almost certainly lose. As is he is attempting to hand you this game on a silver platter.

Also, the ilKhan has been completely mission killed and probably can no longer escape from Luthien. That should make for an interesting situation.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 26, 2012

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fraction Jackson posted:

Considering the objective is literally putting itself right in front of you at the moment while shouting "shoot me," I'd think that worrying about the shielding rules would be lower on the priority list.

Stand up, fire everything. Normally that isn't good advice but you all aren't going to live long enough to see it bite you in the rear end. :black101:

Knoxzone posted:

You guys are awfully lucky that PTN is still advancing the Dragon. Had it backed away even for a turn you would almost certainly lose. As is he is attempting to hand you this game on a silver platter.

Poptartsninja posted:

His effectiveness is only mitigated by Takashi's own recklessness.

I see it as playing to character. The Coordinator has to bloody his sword or lose face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Reading the fluff, who wants to bet the Yakuza have planted a few squads of SRM infantry in the buildings near the insertion/extraction point?

• Locked thread