Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

...and a stray bird flies into the remaining Gargoyle and somehow, inexplicably, activates its ejection system.

Oh, I like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

and a stray yellow bird flies into the remaining Gargoyle and somehow, inexplicably, activates its ejection system.

Let's not forget where we are.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

I'll go with all of them:

The Stormcrow gets its remaining arm removed via the Dragon, the Hellbringer takes five Gauss Rifle slugs to the face at the same time, the Atlas body slams the first Garg into the lake destroying it instantly, and a stray bird flies into the remaining Gargoyle and somehow, inexplicably, activates its ejection system.

I swear stuff like this happens frequently, Battletech is weird like that.

Only if the bird is a Yellow Canary. That would confound the Kuritans for centuries.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There is some other kind of bird that is the Dragon's only friend. Hell if I can remember what type.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Defiance Industries posted:

There is some other kind of bird that is the Dragon's only friend. Hell if I can remember what type.

The Foo Bird?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, any bets as to how many player `Mechs get mission killed / outright destroyed this turn?

Stormcrow and Hellbie will be destroyed or rendered unusable. The Atlas will take damage shielding. The Gargs will take a beating but stay viable. I have this odd feeling that the Coordinator survives the round despite all reason to the contrary.

Mausi
Apr 11, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, any bets as to how many player `Mechs get mission killed / outright destroyed this turn?
Only Taku lives, but it's the shame of spilling his ramen rather than being to far away to save his Coordinator which leads him to commit ritual suicide?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Everybody gets blown up except for me. I take enough damage to fall over, and then my pilot drowns in the pond.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Everybody gets blown up except for me. I take enough damage to fall over, and then my pilot drowns in the pond.

Glub Glub, shameful.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mausi posted:

Only Taku lives, but it's the shame of spilling his ramen rather than being to far away to save his Coordinator which leads him to commit ritual suicide?

Nah, he recovers the Coordinator's body and does a whole Weekend at Bernie's thing.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Are you thinking about the Fenghuang, aka the Chinese Phoenix?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No, in the old Kurita book it says there's some other bird who watches the Dragon while it sleeps and tells him it's enemies' secrets, and hates the Yellow Bird as much as the Dragon does.

This is from memory though so I may be off.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm going to be hopeful and say only 1 player got blown up.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

a stray bird flies into the remaining Gargoyle and somehow, inexplicably, activates its ejection system.

I swear stuff like this happens frequently, Battletech is weird like that.
Someone asks it to jump over a low wall. I had this happen in Mechcommander once with an Atlas J :psyduck:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

PTN is just messing with us. Noone died this turn.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

All shots missed.

However that means Yorinaga decides "I HAVE TO KILL FAST AND BULLETS TOO SLOW" and he starts fighting with bear hands.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

All shots missed.

However that means Yorinaga decides "I HAVE TO KILL FAST AND BULLETS TOO SLOW" and he starts fighting with bear hands.

Holy poo poo he has bear hands? We are officially hosed now.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

Affi posted:

Holy poo poo he has bear hands? We are officially hosed now.

How does he pilot his Mech if he has two gigantic bear hands?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

They found two Kodiak arms to put on a Warhammer? I've never been so scared before.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

All shots missed.

Someone has to draw that. I can barely scrawl my own name or I'd do it myself.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

All shots missed.

Yorinaga

Needed 0's and 2's to hit his target this turn. He didn't miss.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He was probably using bear hands last turn, then.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
PTN must really want the Dracs to lose and change the Inner Sphere (I agree personally, keeping such a lynchpin event seems such a waste to most of us).
Honor and recklessness aside though, if people are correct in saying that he's likely going down this round then Takashi is really disrespecting the sacrifice of his subordinates and the safety of Luthien. He might as well have gotten into an heavy/assault mech early on and sallied out with the Atlas and the other guards and used the explosives at bottlenecks instead.

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 28, 2012

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:rolldice:

Come on Ptn I am jonesing for my mech fix here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Counting Coup: Tactical Update 12

Movement Phase
Movement Phase
A Dragon
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (4 base - 1 movement = 3): rolled 9, succeeds!

O1 Atlas
- Must pass a piloting test or skid (4 base - 1 movement = 3): rolled 8, succeeds!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Stands carefully: automatic success!

P4 Gargoyle Prime
- Stands carefully: automatic success!

Combat Phase
P4 Gargoyle Prime
- Fires ER PPC at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/14 armor, 9/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER PPC at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (1/16 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (4/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 7): rolled 7, Hit Left Arm (9/14 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 7): rolled 10, hit Head (4/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (13/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (15/18 armor remains)!
Generates 41 heat, sinks 32!

P3 Gargoyle D
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (0/18 armor, 12/14 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 10, hit Rear Left Torso (0/8 armor, 12/14 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 9): rolled 2, fails to achieve lock!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, hit O1 Atlas Rear Center Torso (8/14 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, hit O1 Atlas Rear Center Torso (4/14 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 2, miss!
Generates 39 heat, sinks 32!

P2 Hellbringer C
- Fires ER Large Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (5/18 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/14 armor, 9/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 6, 6 missiles hit Right Torso (0/16 armor, 13/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Leg (3/18 armor remains), Right Arm (2/10 armor remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (11/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (9/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (7/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (9/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Arm (0/10 armor remains (Limb blown off!), Left Arm (7/10 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Leg (1/18 armor remains), Left Arm (7/10 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Leg (10/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Right Torso (7/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (5/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Leg (0/18 armor, 13/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso (15/27 armor remains), Left Leg (11/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (3/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 11, 6 missiles hit Left Arm (5/10 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Leg (8/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Arm (3/10 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Arm (1/10 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (1/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Torso (9/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 7, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (9/16 armor remains), Left Leg (9/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Torso (0/14 structure remains (Torso destroyed!), damage transfers to Center Torso 16/27 armor remains), Left Leg (7/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Arm (0/10 structure remains (Limb blown off!), Damage transfers to Left Torso (8/16 armor remains)), Center Torso (14/27 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at A Dragon (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 shielded = 6): rolled 12, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (6/16 armor remains), Left Leg (5/14 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso (12/27 armor remains), Right Leg (6/14 armor remains), Center Torso (10/27 armor remains), Right Leg (4/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
Generates 39 heat, sinks 26!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/16 armor, 11/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/14 structure remains (Limb blown off!))!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (9/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at A Dragon (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat + 2 shielded = 7) rolled 7, hit Right Leg (0/14 structure remains (Limb blown off!))!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (9/14 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
Generates 40 heat, sinks 26!

A Grand Dragon
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 0910
- Fires Heavy PPC at P4 Gargoyle Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (11/26 armor remains)!
- - PPC must pass a 5+ capacitor feedback test or be destroyed: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Fires Medium Laser at P4 Gargoyle Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (33/38 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P4 Gargoyle Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (17/26 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Tandem Charge) at P4 Gargoyle Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 5): rolled 6, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (10/26 armor, 16/17 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Right Arm (25/26 armor, 12/13 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Arm (25/26 armor, 12/13 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Left Torso (9/26 armor, 15/17 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso(32/38 armor, 24/25 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso (31/38 armor, 23/25 structure remains (Critical chance!))!

B Warhammer
- Fires ER-PPC at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 0): automatic hit, hit Rear Right Torso (0/7 armor, 10/15 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires ER-PPC at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 0): automatic hit, hit Rear Right Torso (0/10 structure remains (Torso destroyed!))! `Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 2): automatic hit, hit Left Leg (10/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 2): automatic hit, hit Left Arm (10/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P2 Hellbringer C (0 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 2): automatic hit, hit Rear Center Torso (9/21 structure remains (Critical chance!))!

O1 Atlas
- Fires Autocannon/20 at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Arm (0/18 armor, 7/9 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Fires Medium Laser at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (16/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (11/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (6/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Inferno) at P1 Stormcrow B (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, 6 missiles hit! P1 Stormcrow B gains 12 heat!

O2 Mauler Daboku 1
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 12, hit Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor, 10/17 structure remains (Critical chance!))!

O3 Mauler Daboku 2
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (14/34 armor remains)!

O4 Hatamoto Hankou
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P1 Stormcrow B (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (0/13 structure remains)! Torso destroyed! `Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium laser at P1 Stormcrow B (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at P1 Stormcrow B (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at P1 Stormcrow B (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Center Torso (16/18 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso (14/18 structure remains (Critical chance!)), Center Torso (12/18 structure remains (Critical chance!))!

S1 Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Large Laser at P4 Gargoyle Prime (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by cover)!

S3 Jenner 2
- Holds fire!

S5 Panther 1
- Fires SRM-4 at P1 Stormcrow B (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!

End Phase:
A Dragon
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (Automatic failure (no legs)): automatic failure!
- - Suffers damage to Center Torso (1/27 armor remains)
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- - Gyro destroyed!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 5 leg destroyed + 5 leg destroyed + 5 pilot hit = 19): automatic failure!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 4, fails!

P4 Gargoyle Prime
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit! +5 heat/turn!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Engine hit! +10 heat/turn!
- - Engine hit! `Mech destroyed by Engine destruction!

P3 Gargoyle D
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

P2 Hellbringer C
-`Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!

P1 Stormcrow B
- Automatic Shutdown due to Excessive Heat!
-`Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!

Physical Combat Phase:
P3 Gargoyle D
- Kicks O1 Atlas (3 base + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 Clanner - 2 Kick = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (25/41 armor remains)!

End Phase:
O1 Atlas
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 kicked = 4): rolled 2, fails!
- - Suffers damage to Center Torso (42/47 armor remains), Right Torso (16/32 armor remains) in the fall!

Matsukaze Ravenwater bore the death of his Star with a profound calm the `Mechwarriors of House Kurita would have respected. The Coordinator of the Draconis Combine lay defeated, his `Mech a smoking, barely operable ruin of metal. Whether he survived or not did not matter: he had been defeated in the heart of his own city by a band of outnumbered `Mechwarriors. To save face, the House Kurita response would be instantaneous: they must push the Hell’s Horses from the world, or lose their honor—they could no longer sit and wait for the Clan to advance into their guns and, undoubtedly, booby traps.

It brought Ravenwater no satisfaction, nor did his survival in the face of his Star’s destruction. His eyes fell to the location where Zenyatta’s Gargoyle had vanished beneath the waters of a shallow pond, the barrels of her PPCs still protruding from the surface. She’d taken no serious hits, yet his sensors revealed her `Mech was dead; the engine shielding blasted away by Takashi Kurita’s SRM salvo. Ravenwater felt torn, even as he broadcast news of the Star’s success on a wide band that even the Kuritas would pick up. They had won, yet now it was his responsibility to return to his Clan. Forced to return to a Clan that would not tolerate his ideology. The ilKhan’s orders had been clear: all survivors were to return to the Keshik in anticipation of the Kurita counterattack.

A part of him wanted to scream in rage and frustration, but the soldier in him remained in control and crushed it under a veneer of savage calm. Once again, he was to be denied an opportunity to die in combat.

Mission Objectives
Kill Takashi Kurita (Success!)

Secondary Objective
At least 1 Clan `Mech escapes via any of the river hexes

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A Grand Dragon: S+0
B Warhammer: S+0
O1 Atlas: W+0
O2 Mauler Daboku 1: S+0
O3 Mauler Daboku 2: S+0
O4 Hatamoto Hankou: S+0
S1 Phoenix Hawk: S+0
S3 Jenner 2: S+0
S5 Panther 1: S+0

P5 Kingfisher B
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Nasrullah
Mechwarrior Player: Keru
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree burns, Killed by Synaptic Overload!

P4 Gargoyle 1 Prime
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 9/26 (15/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 31/38 (23/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 17/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 25/26 (12/13)
RA A(S): 25/26 (12/13)
LL A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
Heat: 8/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6[8]/5, +1 penalty to hit!
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Zenyatta DeLarel
Mechwarrior Player: GenericOverusedName
Mechwarrior Status: Unconscious!
Armament:
ER PPC – RA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
ER PPC – LA (Heat: 15, Range: (L:23 M:14 S:7), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – RA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Small Pulse Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – RT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LT (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – HD (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: `Mech destroyed!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

P3 Gargoyle 2 D
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 0/9 (2/3)
LT A(S): 24/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 36/38 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 17/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/26 (13/13)
RA A(S): 18/26 (13/13)
LL A(S): 29/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 14/34 (17/17)
Heat: 5/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6[8]/5!
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater
Mechwarrior Player: Der Waffle Maus
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Targeting Computer – RT (Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

P2 Hellbringer C
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 8/23 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 5/7
CT A(S): 2/32 (9/21)
CT R A(S): 0/10
RT A(S): 23/23 (0/15)
RT R A(S): 0/7
LA A(S): 10/20 (10/10)
RA A(S): 10/20 (10/10)
LL A(S): 10/30 (15/15)
RL A(S): 0/30 (15/15)
Heat: 18/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 2/3/0, +3 penalty to hit
Heat Sinks: 13(26)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Kelso Cooper
Mechwarrior Player: Serril
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!
Armament:
ER Large Laser – LT (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 26, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
Streak SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
Streak SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
Streak SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

P1 Stormcrow B
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 0/17 (0/13)
LT R A(S): 9/9
CT A(S): 0/25 (12/18)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 0/17 (0/13)
RT R A(S): 9/9
LA A(S): 14/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 0/18 (7/9)
LL A(S): 16/25 (13/13)
RL A(S): 21/25 (11/13)
Heat: 30/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 0/1, +4 penalty to hit, Automatic shutdown!
Heat Sinks: 13(26)
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: ilKhan Lair Seidman
Mechwarrior Player: thatbastardken
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!
Armament:
Ultra AC/20 – LA (Heat: 7, Ammo: -, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: Blown Off!)
ER Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 5, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: Blown Off!)
Notes: 1 hand

Enemy Status

A) GRD-1T Grand Dragon
Weight:
60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Coordinator Takashi Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

B) WHM-6Y Warhammer
Weight:
70 tons (Heavy)
Overheat Penalty: None
Mechwarrior: Pilot 0, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-sa Yorinaga Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
2x ER PPC, 3x Medium Laser, 2x Small Laser, Null Signature System
Notes:

C) THG-11E Thug
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Akira Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Severe concussion!

O1 AS7-D Atlas
Weight:
100 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-Sho Oda Hideyoshi
Mechwarrior Status: Enraged!
Armament:
Autocannon/20, 4x Medium Laser, LRM-20, SRM-6
Notes:

O2 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 1
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O3 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 2
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O4 HTM-25T Hatamoto Hankou
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, 2x SRM-6, Medium Laser, Small Laser
Notes:

S1 PHX-1D Phoenix Hawk
Weight:
45 tons (Medium)
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser
Notes:

S2 JR7-D Jenner 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejection seat failure!

S3 JR7-D Jenner 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
4x Medium Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S4 SDR-5V Spider
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Dead!

S5 PNT-8Z Panther 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
Large Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S6 PNT-9R Panther 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

S7 PNT-9R Panther 3
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Killed In Action!

S8 PNT-9R Panther 4
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 28, 2012

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You are not escaping, try to wipe Yorinaga.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I am really surprised that legging Takashi counts as a mission win. House leaders get their mechs killed all the time.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

I am really surprised that legging Takashi counts as a mission win. House leaders get their mechs killed all the time.

It's the defeat that's important, not necessarily the 'killing him.' He just took a tumble in a `Mech and he's not going to be in a position to countermand Samsonov's "CHARGE!" order.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yeah I am sorry PTN but I cannot believe this counts as a kill.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
That's... Stretching it. I don't really count crippling the ilkhan then killing a mech 20 tons heavier before having your mech rendered inoperable by concentrated fire as much of a defeat. Takashi was fuckin' metal there.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

:aaa:
Looks like I chose the right time to start reading this thread again.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PhotoKirk posted:

I'll be the optimist and say zero.

I may wish to revise my previous statement.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
You know, crippling a force of unstoppable killers from beyond the periphery when they surprise attack the capital world of the Draconis Combine apparently just doesn't get you the respect it used to.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

None of this stops him from giving orders or commanding the combine. Mechs get crippled all the time, and his comms gear is intact.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la Battletech.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Why not just go finish the job with the remaining Gargoyle?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Felime posted:

That's... Stretching it. I don't really count crippling the ilkhan then killing a mech 20 tons heavier before having your mech rendered inoperable by concentrated fire as much of a defeat. Takashi was fuckin' metal there.

Well, the solution to make sure this works is for our last player to stand still and empty everything he has into the crippled Dragon. He's got 1 armor and 9 IS on his CT, and 9 IS on his LT. He's immobile for a -4.

An alpha strike will almost certainly kill him.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's the defeat that's important, not necessarily the 'killing him.' He just took a tumble in a `Mech and he's not going to be in a position to countermand Samsonov's "CHARGE!" order.

I guess it just seems to people that with him not actually dead, and how well the DCMS forces there acquitted themselves against the Clan force, that it's significantly different. If he were actually dead it makes sense. However he got shot out of his mech while herocially coming forth to cripple the invaders, it's not as if he went out like a chump and didn't do anything.

I am, however, interested to see what happens with the ilKhan being toast once again.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wow poptarts just handed you guys the win. Jesus christ I doubt he could have made it any easier for you if he had wanted too. Letting a damaged mech count as a destroyed mech making takashi move really stupidly when he had the range advantage and the numbers advantage. really though sorry guys you did not earn this victory it was handed to you on a silver platter.

MVP Goonstar Takashi Kurita for being dumb enough to walk into the goon ambush

MVP Draconis Combine The Jenner shine on crazy noodle lover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god I'm drowning help

All those criticals everywhere. And good job on the ilKhan on literally shooting Takashi's legs out from under him.

• Locked thread