Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They try. Then Yorinaga straight fucks them up. Did you know he can pull a man's soul from his body if you look him in the eyes?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Huh, interesting design document. The Yakuza dude totally without a Hunchback is pretty telling of what will happen if DWM decided to try and retreat, I would think. BTW, is that Yakuza dude important in the fluff or is he just a name you made up for the Oyabun of Luthien?

The characterization of Takashi Kurita seems spot on, what with him being a reckless and overconfident samurai, charging out to meet GoonStar once Akira, who I really hope survived this thing, was downed. Hideyoshi looks like he's kinda incompetent as well, but he can't really bodyguard the Coordinator when the dude's doing a banzai charge against 4 Clan mechs all pointing their guns at him. At least knowing that his napalm was the reason the ilKhan dies makes more sense now. Also, the Coordinator's Grand Dragon getting wrecked after taking two Gyro hits and subsequently knocking him unconscious will put to rest the question of whether or not Takashi Kurita is truly out of the battle, even if he did have any limbs on his mech left.

I really hope that Samsonov tries something against Coordinator Takashi but Yorinaga and Hideyoshi thwart his plans and gently caress him up something fierce. It cannot be good for the Combine for him to continue living and plotting. He's already going to cost the Combine Luthien, better to try and mitigate the damage he can cause afterwards...

EDIT: \/\/\/\/\/ Well, that sounds like a waste of an interesting character... He seems a lot more relevant here, although it would have been awesome to see him wiping out the remains of GoonStar with his Hunchback that he totally doesn't have ready to go if they tried to get away...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 28, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

BTW, is that Yakuza dude important in the fluff or is he just a name you made up for the Oyabun of Luthien?

He showed up for about 5 pages in one of the Cassie Suthorn novels to give Theodore Kurita a birthday present (Theodore likes Progressive Jazz) and then die.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
And I alone survived to tell the tale. - Book of Job

Obey orders, Clanner. The whole world knows that a single star of 'mechs was enough to breach the defences of the capital of a hated successor state and utterly ruin their treacherous house leader, and the whole galaxy soon after. This is our Anabasis, our Doolittle Raid, and we have left one of our greatest ancient enemies a dismembered, unsalvageable husk right in front of his own decadent palace. Head back and escape, let your BattleROM stand as an eternal testament to the deeds of the IlKhan and this glorious star.

Bushido is realised in the presence of death. In the case of having to choose between life and death you should choose death. There is no other reasoning. Move on with determination. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

The Coordinator has acted in the finest traditions of the Samurai, and has adhered to the code of Bushido even to the cost of the Combine. Truly, he is a great warrior, with no fear for his own life.

Truly, he is a terrible leader, willing to throw himself on the pyres of oblivion for the sake of vainglory in the face of impossible odds. Such a man cannot lead us to victory. Arise, Coordinator Grieg Samsonov, and take up the fight against the Clans.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I agree with AtomikKrab, bow to the Coordinator. This is probably suicidal but seeing as how the mission is called Counting Coup, (as pointed out repeatedly before) you can probably surmise that the whole thing was an issue of showing off more than its stated goal. They also basically have the planet on lock thanks to space superiority, this is just the ilKhan making a point.

So bowing would be a pretty severe troll on the Combine. You would also be vaporized that instant, but what a way to go. Either that or get the hell outta there and fulfill the scenario's namesake. It's a bit less ballsy but surviving will probably piss the DCMS off even more. Your call, DWM.

And good fight, guys. Hat's off to thatbastardken, you sure know how the rally the troops!

As an aside....

On a whim and as a bit of a palate cleanser from my artist's block dealing with the major portion of my ongoing commission, I took a challenge upon myself inspired by a post on a Particular Imageboard, as well as from many pages earlier within this thread itself.

I went ahead and tried to redesign the Flashman. In retrospect the torso is too busy and the flow of the lines on the thing just don't match up with what a Flashman ought to look like. But I'm willing to leave it as is as testament to an experimental exercise in redesign.

I also whipped this up not long after. I'm so fashionably late to the party, I'm the Future of Space Retro fashionable. This one is for the thread, so it's not thumb'ed. Granted, both are relevant, just one was relevant eleventy scenarios ago. Also, 'sup Merry Marauder.

If you're wondering, I'm trying to hammer my way out of artist's block because I was recently contacted by CGL. And I didn't even realize it up until now because I don't check my dA as much I ought to. But hey, score one more for the LP Battletech thread!

:woop:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The scantily clad Hermes just cracks me the hell up.

I wouldn't be opposed to a bow, but I don't think it really makes sense in any in-character context seeing as I'm a space barbarian who hates history and other cultures.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

:stare:

Is that battlemech wearing clothes? It's... it's... it's awesome! Why did no one think to make 'mech clothes before!? That is such a good idea!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to a bow, but I don't think it really makes sense in any in-character context seeing as I'm a space barbarian who hates history and other cultures.

Fair point. Run for the river, laddie!

Arglebargle III posted:

:stare:

Is that battlemech wearing clothes? It's... it's... it's awesome! Why did no one think to make 'mech clothes before!? That is such a good idea!

Don't be fooled by my rocks, I'm still Jenny from the block.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The scantily clad Hermes just cracks me the hell up.

Clanners do two things well: Murder other people and follow orders.

Bug out.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Can't say I am much of a fan of that Flashman. It looks absolutely nothing like the original.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, it just doesn't register as a flashman without being told it is one. I definitely agree with Xarbala that the flow is just off.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Thatbastardken for best ilKhan.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
A respectable chickenwalker, I approve. Not sure if it's a Flashman, though.

I don't know why but I just like chickenwalkers. Humanoid mechs all seem so ugly and unbalanced. Which works for things like the Atlas, which is supposed to be a giant ugly middle finger to whoever looks at it. But some other things just strike me as a giant "bleh". I tend to have weird opinions on these sort of things, though.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
It's the Flashman in my heart. And I actually really like all the battletech egg mechs! But what you've done there Xarbala is a really cool take on the concept. I'm partial to the way you've reconstructed the arms as I prefer that style. I think your worries about the torso being too busy are correct though, I imagine if you smoothed it out and cut out some of the lines you'd have a closer resemblance to the original.

As for chicken walkers... Yeah, I dig em, but humanoids can be done right too you know. Case in point, the best mech ever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

GenericOverusedName posted:

A respectable chickenwalker, I approve. Not sure if it's a Flashman, though.

I don't know why but I just like chickenwalkers. Humanoid mechs all seem so ugly and unbalanced. Which works for things like the Atlas, which is supposed to be a giant ugly middle finger to whoever looks at it. But some other things just strike me as a giant "bleh". I tend to have weird opinions on these sort of things, though.

They tend to have a weird posture. Humans don't naturally stand straight up when they're doing something athletic. They tend to bend the knees, arch the back a bit and take a wide stance. Bipedal battlemechs are almost always shown with a rigid torso, unbent knees and feet in line with the hips and shoulders. It just looks retarded.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't know mechs so it might not be a 'Flashman', but it's definitely Flashman.

Need more giant robots in clothes, please. I'm picturing in the Battletech universe there are all sorts of communities of people who dress up as mechs and fight reenactments in their cardboard and foam robot suits, or inversely (and perversely) guys with mechs and too much time on their hands try to dress them up in giant clothing and put on plays and other fun time wasters with their gigantic, expensive, irreplaceable machines.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

NovemberMike posted:

They tend to have a weird posture. Humans don't naturally stand straight up when they're doing something athletic. They tend to bend the knees, arch the back a bit and take a wide stance. Bipedal battlemechs are almost always shown with a rigid torso, unbent knees and feet in line with the hips and shoulders. It just looks retarded.

Check out the Thanatos for a good compromise. If you look at how its put together, it doesn't really look like a human at all, but it moves like one, if that makes sense.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Wow, that is one dysfunctional leadership. My apologies for doubting PTN's characterization of Takashi. More glory to Goonstar for turning this around!
Very interesting notes, let me add my voice to those who think it'd be awesome to see the notes of missions at least a few games back

Turns out taking out the Thug rather than gunning for Yorinaga to stop his murdering (I might have been wrong about it being better to focus on the Thug in terms of just combat) was the right thing to do, as it pulled out Takashi.

Love the flashman. :v:

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 28, 2012

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

cwDeici posted:

Wow, that is one dysfunctional leadership. My apologies for doubting PTN's characterization of Takashi. More glory to Goonstar for turning this around!
Very interesting notes, let me add my voice to those who think it'd be awesome to see the notes of missions at least a few games back

Turns out taking out the Thug rather than gunning for Yorinaga to stop his murdering (I might have been wrong about it being better to focus on the Thug in terms of just combat) was the right thing to do, as it pulled out Takashi.

Love the flashman. :v:

Yorinaga is also a Kurita. (Somehow) downing him would also have brought out Takashi.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Der Waffle Mous posted:

You are all going to hate me so much. :smith:

I promise that if everyone hates you after your decision, I will still love you because you made them hate you.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Wait, I'm confused. Even if the last lonely mech could make it through the gauntlet of draconis folks and escape, it'd instantly die when it tried to swim out, no? Seeing as how it has exposed head structure?

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
^^^ I think running out the SW road counts as leaving via a river hex.

Arglebargle III posted:

Check out the Thanatos for a good compromise. If you look at how its put together, it doesn't really look like a human at all, but it moves like one, if that makes sense.

That's not quite right. The Thanatose's locomotion is more digitigrade than plantigrade.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Counting Coup: Tactical Update 13

Movement Phase
O1 Atlas
- Stands carefully: automatic success!

Combat Phase
P3 Gargoyle D
- Fires ER Large Laser at B Warhammer (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Null Sig - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (12/22 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at B Warhammer (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Null Sig - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 10, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
Generates 29 heat, sinks 32!

B Warhammer
- Fires ER-PPC at P3 Gargoyle D (0 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (19/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER-PPC at P3 Gargoyle D (0 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (4/34 armor remains)!

O1 Atlas
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 0709!
- Fires Autocannon/20 at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Inferno) at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!

O2 Mauler Daboku 1
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 2, miss!

O3 Mauler Daboku 2
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (2/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

O4 Hatamoto Hankou
- Fires Gauss Rifle at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 3, miss!

S1 Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Large Laser at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 8, miss!

S3 Jenner 2
- Holds fire!

S5 Panther 1
- Fires SRM-4 at P3 Gargoyle D (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 4, miss!

End Phase:
B Warhammer
- Critical chance in Head! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (0 base + 1 massive damage): automatic success!

P3 Gargoyle D
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 5, succeeds!

Zenyatta shook her head groggily and winced involuntarily as a pounding neural-feedback headache bludgeoned at her frontal lobes. Panting heavily in the stale air, she knew something was amiss but in her injured state couldn’t identify precisely what. With a care born from over a decade of training, she tried to dislodge her neurohelmet then frowned when her left arm refused to obey. Blood and sticky coolant dripped from her fingertips onto the Gargoyle’s armored transplex windscreen.

It took her a moment to understand why that was disconcerting: her `Mech was laying flat on its face, underwater.

Her arm still refused to respond, and aside from a burning ache in her shoulder, she couldn’t feel it at all. Nerve damage, she thought silently, not willing to contemplate the other possibility: that feedback from her neurohelmet had damaged a part of her brain. She’d seen that firsthand—every `Mechwarrior had, at some point or another.

“Nerve damage they can repair,” she whispered as she carefully pulled her neurohelmet away with her right arm. “A bridging cybernetic and I will be fine.”

She reached out, toggling the cockpit’s air supply to switch from environmental sources to the numerous tanks of compressed air her `Mech had carried in preparation for their underwater operations. She then toggled the `Mech’s primary ignition switch—then tried again, and a third time when the previous two failed to elicit a response. No power, no startup, she frowned. Either the DI Computer was knocked out, or my engine is shot.

She laughed quietly then, her chuckles building to a mad crescendo—then slapped the quick release on her cockpit restraints and fell bodily onto the transplex below. The impact wrenched her right shoulder painfully, and her knee caught the front diagnostics screen—but she was free of the restraint straps and the pain would fade. Twisting onto her back, she leaned back against the glass until her head hit with a soft but audible thump.

All that was left was to wait for her Clan to rescue her—or for the savashri Inner Sphere barbarians to claim her, and render her dishonor complete.

Mission Objectives
Kill Takashi Kurita (Success!)

Secondary Objective
At least 1 Clan `Mech escapes via any of the river hexes

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
B Warhammer: R+2
O1 Atlas: W+1
O2 Mauler Daboku 1: J+2
O3 Mauler Daboku 2: J+2
O4 Hatamoto Hankou: S+0
S1 Phoenix Hawk: J+3
S3 Jenner 2: R+3
S5 Panther 1: W+1

P5 Kingfisher B
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Nasrullah
Mechwarrior Player: Keru
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree burns, Killed by Synaptic Overload!

P4 Gargoyle 1 Prime
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Zenyatta DeLarel
Mechwarrior Player: GenericOverusedName
Mechwarrior Status: OK!

P3 Gargoyle 2 D
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 0/9 (2/3)
LT A(S): 24/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 36/38 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 2/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/26 (13/13)
RA A(S): 18/26 (13/13)
LL A(S): 19/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 4/34 (17/17)
Heat: 2/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater
Mechwarrior Player: Der Waffle Maus
Armament:
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – HD (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Targeting Computer – RT (Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

P2 Hellbringer C
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Kelso Cooper
Mechwarrior Player: Serril
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!

P1 Stormcrow B
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: ilKhan Lair Seidman
Mechwarrior Player: thatbastardken
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Feedback, Compound-Fractured Collarbone, Incinerated!

Enemy Status

A) GRD-1T Grand Dragon
Weight:
60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Coordinator Takashi Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

B) WHM-6Y Warhammer
Weight:
70 tons (Heavy)
Overheat Penalty: None
Mechwarrior: Pilot 0, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-sa Yorinaga Kurita
Armament:
2x ER PPC, 3x Medium Laser, 2x Small Laser, Null Signature System
Notes:

C) THG-11E Thug
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Akira Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Severe concussion!

O1 AS7-D Atlas
Weight:
100 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-Sho Oda Hideyoshi
Mechwarrior Status: Enraged!
Armament:
Autocannon/20, 4x Medium Laser, LRM-20, SRM-6
Notes:

O2 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 1
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O3 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 2
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O4 HTM-25T Hatamoto Hankou
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, 2x SRM-6, Medium Laser, Small Laser
Notes:

S1 PHX-1D Phoenix Hawk
Weight:
45 tons (Medium)
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser
Notes:

S2 JR7-D Jenner 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejection seat failure!

S3 JR7-D Jenner 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
4x Medium Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S4 SDR-5V Spider
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Dead!

S5 PNT-8Z Panther 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
Large Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S6 PNT-9R Panther 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

S7 PNT-9R Panther 3
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Killed In Action!

S8 PNT-9R Panther 4
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 28, 2012

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Well I like the legs, but yeah without the smooth domed hull it's not really recognizable as a Flashman. I could totally see it as a Flashman-derived Omnimech though; like how the Orion developed into the Perseus.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If you're wondering, I'm trying to hammer my way out of artist's block because I was recently contacted by CGL.

oh nice.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Yorinaga is pissed now.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

KnoxZone posted:

Yorinaga is pissed now.

He'll be more pissed when he's dead.

Come on, Rambo, make it home!

0115 is shielded from Yori, right? Is it also out of LOS for O2?

TildeATH fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 28, 2012

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Who or what is CGL?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

TildeATH posted:

0115 blocks LoS for everything, but the Garg will eventually have to go out into the open.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TildeATH posted:

He'll be more pissed when he's dead.

Come on, Rambo, make it home!

It's 50/50 yeah.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If you're wondering, I'm trying to hammer my way out of artist's block because I was recently contacted by CGL.

Congrats!

If you're looking for excuses to draw something, a Kingfisher that looks more like the Devastator might be a good start... :tinfoil:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 28, 2012

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
I love that one Panther is still shooting the corpse of the Stormcrow, enraged indeed.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

KnoxZone posted:

0115 blocks LoS for everything, but the Garg will eventually have to go out into the open.

Yeah, but if he can get to 0115 facing south, then he can MASC through 0117 and actually make a break for it with only Yori, Fat Jenner, a Yakuza Hunchback, eight regiments of crazed SRM infantry and an aerospace fighter strike or two to contend with. Which, you know, sounds bad until you hear the alternative.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hah, you almost tore the head out of Yorinaga, that would've been a nice parting gift.

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
If P3 moves to 0115, PTN will block 0116 and 0215. I'd Sprint for 0116. I'm not sure if you're covered from fire, but if you're planing to push through that building hex, you have to get to it now.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Darn, almost took out Yoringa there. Knocking out all the Kuritas on the map would make the results look a bit better.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
You lucky son of a...

Waffle Maus, if either of your legs gets breached, DFA Yorinaga. You can't escape through the river at that point, go out in style.

Edit: Nice touch with the Phoenix Hawk covering the Dragon's body.

Krumbsthumbs fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 28, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Scurrilous posted:

If P3 moves to 0115, PTN will block 0116 and 0215. I'd Sprint for 0116. I'm not sure if you're covered from fire, but if you're planing to push through that building hex, you have to get to it now.

You're right about the blocking but not the solution. A better option is 0114 facing 0214. If Yori blocks 0116, he can still Kool-Aid through 0214 then 0517. If Yori doesn't block, then he takes the original route.

I don't know if 0114 is out of LOS from O2, but at least he's jumped.

Edited to add: I'm sure he's going to get killed by an office chair to the cockpit.

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
^^^ and then PTN blocks 0315 and 0116 instead.

vvv - Edit: I'm not forgetting that, but you can't jump through the buildings, and if you're going to run the gauntlet with all that Gauss in your rear, you may as well run to 0614 now and put some rounds in Yoringa's back on your way out.

Scurrilous fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 28, 2012

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Don't forget that DWM can still jump!

TheWolfen
Nov 4, 2009
So, Clanners CAN be lucky once in a while, that atlas pilot must be desperately wishing no one saw that.

And shooting Yorinaga in the face as you make your getaway? :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Scurrilous posted:

^^^ and then PTN blocks 0315 and 0116 instead.

And then he runs into 0216 and pivots and blasts Yori in the back.

• Locked thread