Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

At the very least, it means my side project of adding every dinosaur I can think of into Dwarf Fortress and laughing when the really big ones annihilate my hunters (which seems broken now that hunters don't seem to hunt) is progressing nicely.

You should make sure to sign up for a slot in the next LP. Maybe I can pull some strings and those dinosaurs in there to sweeten the deal...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

TildeATH posted:

You should make sure to sign up for a slot in the next LP. Maybe I can pull some strings and those dinosaurs in there to sweeten the deal...

Jurassic Fortress.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Horse racing
I was about the same age as you and my system was waaaaaaay better than your dads.

I'd pick the horse's name that first reminded me of a mech and bet on that one. It's hillarious how well that worked for me until I hit 16 and my dad didn't get to the bookies in time to put a bet on the grand national for me. Red Marauder won at 25-1 and I didn't have the fiver I wanted on him :smith: 125 Punt was a lot to a 16 year old in those days.

Also we use the tote system here for on-track betting which is legal for kids to use whereas bookies aren't and IIRC the odds don't change on it and blah blah weirdness. The horsies are a strange thing in Ireland overall, and people take it terrifyingly seriously. I've got lots of stories from family and friends in the business but this is no place for them.

So yeah... betting. WOOOO!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Trast posted:

Jurassic Fortress.

This is an exceptionally coded mod by PöptartsNínja. It is engraved with images of Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum in C++. Sam Neil is climbing. Laura Dern is running. Jeff Goldblum is talking. The images relate to the attack upon Isla Nublar by the Found Ways of Life in 1993.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TildeATH posted:

That would be sorely tempting, actually.

Plus, people would love the occasional visit by wandering velociraptors, since they're vermin hunters.

Also, since things are still a fair bit slower than I'd like, I'm working on a contest so people'll have something to do in the interim that's Battletech-related.

I also think I'm going to let the winner of the Solaris VII fight pick the winner.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Sorry for moving slowly. The clusterfuck nature of the battle has me wanting to sit and think over my options a bit. (I didn't go with my first idea of move either this, or the last turn.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Felime posted:

Sorry for moving slowly. The clusterfuck nature of the battle has me wanting to sit and think over my options a bit. (I didn't go with my first idea of move either this, or the last turn.)

I understand completely. If you need some extra time, just send me a PM to let me know so I won't be quite as frustrated. It keeps me from wondering if you went on a vacation without telling me.

VVV Yeah, I've received them. I'm working on the update now, not calling you out or anything. Our turnaround's still not bad, I'd just like to speed it up a touch if possible.

Our updates this time around have actually been easier on me, since I don't have to plan the movement of 8+ enemy units, so I'm not complaining overly much.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 29, 2012

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I sent my orders right before posting that.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also, since things are still a fair bit slower than I'd like, I'm working on a contest so people'll have something to do in the interim that's Battletech-related.

I also think I'm going to let the winner of the Solaris VII fight pick the winner.

Something else you might consider for slow points in the LP would be sharing a little more of the process you go through. I'm really curious how you design the maps (and with what tools). It was great to get a look at some of notes from the last scenario in-thread. Revisiting some of the early scenarios and getting a sense for the craft you put into them would be both fun and educational, if ypu can do that without giving away too much.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

At the very least, it means my side project of adding every dinosaur I can think of into Dwarf Fortress and laughing when the really big ones annihilate my hunters (which seems broken now that hunters don't seem to hunt) is progressing nicely.

Did you remember pachycephalosaurus? It is the head-butting dinosaur. Give it building destroyer tags!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Factory Semi-Finals: Tactical Update 4

Movement Phase
`Mechs attempt to move through an occupied hex:
- D Marauder: Rolls 1 for priority! Moves second! Moves through vacant hex!
- F Catapult: Rolls 5 for priority! Moves first!

Combat Phase
A Axman
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Generates 11 heat, sinks 15!

B Guillotine
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (2/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (0/18 armor, 7/10 structure remains)! Through-Armor Critical!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Generates 26 heat, sinks 22!

C Thunderbolt
- Holds fire!
- Generates 0 heat, sinks 21!

D Marauder
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 0811!
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (5/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Generates 16 heat, sinks 20!

F Catapult
- Fires PPC at D Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (8/22 armor remains)!
- Fires PPC at D Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (7/17 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at D Marauder (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (3/22 armor remains)!
- Generates 25 heat, sinks 20!

E Centurion (moved here because I hosed up)
- Fires Large Laser at D Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Medium laser at D Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires LRM-10 at D Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 hot loaded - 1 LK Missiles = 5): rolled 9, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (12/17 armor remains), Center Torso (34/35 armor remains)!
- Generates 17 heat, sinks 16!

End Phase:
D Marauder
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

F Catapult
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Left Arm! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - PPC hit!
- - PPC hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 12, succeeds!

“And it looks like Ken Hachiman’s backed himself into a corner!” Cal exclaimed, “I’m not sure what his plan is, here—against opponents bigger and heavier than he is, sacrificing his mobility just doesn’t seem worth the risks he’s taking.”

“Well, the answer may be less complex than you think, Cal,” Duncan replied calmly. “If Ken Hachiman wins, he’ll be up against Philip Capet in the next round—and the last thing the Draconis Suns needs right now is a Solaris fight dividing its people down the middle; especially with the New Syrtis secession. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Smiling One himself has been in touch with the Silver Dragons. Ken’s got to be under a lot of pressure right now to keep his honor intact while not progressing to the finals; it seems like he’s really looking for an opportunity to dish out the hurt before he goes down.”

Mission Objectives
Be the Last Man Standing!

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A AXM-1X Axman “Copper” - Odds: 6-5 - Gold Team
B GLT-4L Guillotine “The Fighting 18th” - Odds: 4-5 - Gold Team
C TDR-5SS Thunderbolt “Warhawk” - Odds: 3-2 – Green Team
D MAD-3D Marauder “Danh Khan Huu” - Odds: 5-1 – Gold Team
E CN9-AL Centurion “Legionnaire” - Odds: 6-5 – Green Team
F CPLT-K2 Catapult “Kokuryuu” - Odds: 9-1 - Green Team

Overlord Stables (Steiner)
AXM-1X Axman “Copper”
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 21/21 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 28/28 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 21/21 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 17/17 (10/10)
RA A(S): 7/17 (10/10)
LL A(S): 24/24 (15/15)
RL A(S): 19/24 (15/15)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Serge Axey
Mechwarrior Player: magni
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Hatchet – RA (Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/20 – CT (Heat: 7, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

Bromley Stables (Marik)
GLT-4L Guillotine “The Fighting 18th”
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 27/27 (22/22)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 20/20 (11/11)
RA A(S): 20/20 (11/11)
LL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
Heat: 4/30
Heat Sinks: 22
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior Name: Colonel Isadora Alvarez
Mechwarrior Player: GreyjoyBastard
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands, no left arm actuator

Skye Tigers Stables (Skye)
TDR-5SS Thunderbolt “Warhawk”
LT A(S): 24/24 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 30/30 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 24/24 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 20/20 (10/10)
RA A(S): 20/20 (10/10)
LL A(S): 29/29 (15/15)
RL A(S): 29/29 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 21
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Charles Boyington
Mechwarrior Player:Longinus00
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Gemini Stables (Duchy of New Syrtis)
MAD-3D Marauder “Danh Khan Huu”
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 0/9 (2/3)
LT A(S): 12/17 (16/16)
CT A(S): 34/35 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 7/17 (16/16)
LA A(S): 3/22 (12/12)
RA A(S): 17/22 (12/12)
LL A(S): 18/18 (16/16)
RL A(S): 13/18 (16/16)
Heat Sinks: 20
Mechwarrior Name: Ngoc Binh
Mechwarrior Player: Cafel
Mechwarrior Status: Caught in a mist of transplex vapor (3+)!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

Tandrek Stables (Liao)
CN9-AL Centurion “Legionnaire”
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 17/17 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 7/7
CT A(S): 23/23 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 17/17 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 7/7
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
Heat: 3/30
Heat Sinks: 16
Mechwarrior Name: Antonin Césaire
Mechwarrior Player: Felime
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

Silver Dragon Stables (Kurita)
CPLT-K2 Catapult “Kokuryuu”
LT A(S): 5/20 (15/15)
CT A(S): 19/24 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 20/20 (15/15)
LA A(S): 0/18 (7/10)
RA A(S): 5/18 (10/10)
LL A(S): 20/20 (15/15)
RL A(S): 20/20 (15/15)
Heat: 5/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 3/5/0!
Heat Sinks: 20
Mechwarrior Name: Ken Hachiman
Mechwarrior Player: anakha
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: DESTROYED!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 8, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 1, 2012

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The catapult's status says the PPCs are okay. Shouldn't they be knocked out from being hit?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No, he took two crit rolls to one arm and both hit the same PPC. His other is in the other arm.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Catapult might very well take out the Marauder at this rate. Especially with the Centurion flanking it. The little bastards will win this game.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Calling it now, Guillotine and Boyo will end up duking it out mano a mano. And everyone knows who wins that, right?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Watching the Axeman vs. Centurion is like watching Tom vs. Jerry. Tom just can't react quick enough and sooner or later he's going to get a frying pan to the face, or run into that hungry bulldog...

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Are the one high walls blocking LOS? because I gave orders to fire on the marauder.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, you have no LOS there, I forgot to note it. If the Marauder had engaged you too then I'd have permitted it.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
{John Madden Mode: ON}

Well, well now we've seen a little bit of firing and we have some real results to look at now. The first thing that really stands out is, uh, is the injury to that Catapult there. That's a big chunk of his ranged firepower and he's going to find it hard to recover, especially with the Guillotine up there on the pass rush. I said before that mechs like the Catapult need to have time and space to use their arm to make plays, but that's not going to happen now. I think we can safely write him off.

I'll tell you Al, there is one thing I'm really impressed by and that's the Centurion here. He knows he needs to play it safe and wait for the rest of the field to get worn down, and that's exactly what he's doing. He's in open field for now. Problem is he's got, uh, two defenders locked on now. That Marauder has some really impressive reach, even in the open field you can't get away and then BOOM! You're just done. So that Centurion, he's, uh, he's - he really just has to be careful here on out,

One thing we may really want to watch is how hurt everyone on the bottom levels gets. If the Thunderbolt ends up being untouched at the end, you know, that's a mech and a pilot that can take on two or three tacklers and escape. In the late game, you have to figure he's the favorite if no one gets up there to pressure him. Right now though the real action is the Marauder versus the Centurion, and the Guillotine against that Catapult.

{John Madden Mode: OFF}

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Huh, was not expecting the Catapult to move that way or the Axman to completely lose touch with his target. The Catapult probably has bigger problems then me at the moment, but I'm in a pickle now. Got no head armor facing a hot loaded LRM-10 and the armor protecting about 40% of my fire power is looking mighty weak. To top it all off I was planning to just stick around on the bottom level for a turn so I would have room to maneuver, but now I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future.

Oh well I can probably take some one with me when I go. It's not like I can fire all my weapons without horrible consequences anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, you have no LOS there, I forgot to note it. If the Marauder had engaged you too then I'd have permitted it.

I don't get it. Why do 1-height walls block LOS? Shouldn't they just provide cover? Same for the axeman firing on the centurion...

And if 1-height walls do block line of sight, then what's the difference between them, and 2-height walls?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

I don't get it. Why do 1-height walls block LOS? Shouldn't they just provide cover? Same for the axeman firing on the centurion...

And if 1-height walls do block line of sight, then what's the difference between them, and 2-height walls?

Oh, whoops. That was actually me misreading my own map. I thought the entire cluster at 0709 was height 2. Fixing now.

VVVV See above. Fixing.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 1, 2012

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

How exactly is line of sight blocked. I'm trying to figure out the rules we're using, and I really can't. 0810 to 0911 is very clearly in LOS under the normal rules, and I don't think diagrammed LOS rules change anything when everyone is on the same level.

I just don't understand how this works, and if I can't know something as fundamental as whether or not two things can have LOS to eachother, I can't really plan out anything.

E:FB

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Fuckup resolved!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one confused sometimes. :downs:

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Well at least that doesn't put me in a significantly worse spot. I'm kind of in the weird position where I want to take a few shots to the center torso as long as it isn't something super severe like an AC20.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

cafel posted:

Well at least that doesn't put me in a significantly worse spot. I'm kind of in the weird position where I want to take a few shots to the center torso as long as it isn't something super severe like an AC20.

You may want to hope that the Catapult doesn't die if you choose to chase me. Just sayin'.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Felime posted:

You may want to hope that the Catapult doesn't die if you choose to chase me. Just sayin'.

Oh I'm not forgetting what's behind me or to the north of us at all. I just don't have very many directions to go at the moment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Guillotine

I was so excited to finally see an enemy that I missed 4/6 6+ shots. :(

On the other hand, I am very pleased to be facing one fewer PPCs.

vvvv Also, I totally just full alpha striked the Catapult.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 1, 2012

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Players playing please put out your mech at the top when you comment the game. I have no idea who most of you are playing.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
This fight really scratches my battletech itch. I can't wait for that one turn where everyone goes full alpha-strike on someone else. Right now, it's just thinning out the armor a bit.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

enigma74 posted:

This fight really scratches my battletech itch. I can't wait for that one turn where everyone goes full alpha-strike on someone else. Right now, it's just thinning out the armor a bit.

Centurion

I did go full alpha strike. Scratching the armor is all my alpha strike really does.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

Felime posted:

Centurion

I did go full alpha strike. Scratching the armor is all my alpha strike really does.

Where's the physical combat? :colbert:

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Marauder

I don't think you'll ever see a full alpha strike from me considering it would generate about 34 heat without taking movement into account.

No one can say I haven't dished out any physical though.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Axeman

Welp, didn't have many good options. Turning around and chasing after the Centurion would have either left me looking after his taillights or outmaneuvered again. Getting up into the little cul-de-sac was a good option as it would have left an agressive Felime standing there without a target (and me in a good position to get close and personal with him next turn) while still giving me an opportunity for a farewell gift if he decided to leg it.

Next turn's gonna be a bit boring for me.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Magni posted:

Axeman

Welp, didn't have many good options. Turning around and chasing after the Centurion would have either left me looking after his taillights or outmaneuvered again. Getting up into the little cul-de-sac was a good option as it would have left an agressive Felime standing there without a target (and me in a good position to get close and personal with him next turn) while still giving me an opportunity for a farewell gift if he decided to leg it.

Next turn's gonna be a bit boring for me.

"Boring" is working out great for the Thunderbolt, no worries.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Boyington is either going to be the Challenger to the title or the Mid-Boss leading up to Capet. This is probably the closest we'll be getting to MVP accolades* this scenario, barring either a glorious suicide charge or come-from-behind victory.

*Checked the OP, there will be no MVP crowning this go around barring PTN suddenly changing his mind.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Catapult

Welp, that's what comes of over-analyzing and constantly second-guessing my choices last turn. :negative:

Oh well, at least PTN managed to fluff away my screwup.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

anakha posted:

Catapult

Welp, that's what comes of over-analyzing and constantly second-guessing my choices last turn. :negative:

Oh well, at least PTN managed to fluff away my screwup.

What was your plan anyway?

Not mocking, just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tarquinn posted:

What was your plan anyway?

Not mocking, just curious.

I'll try and explain it once I get my 'Mech shot out from under me. :v:

• Locked thread