Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think Felime'd be more than justified in an Honorable Surrender at this point... which, from a Capellan pilot, would be a thing of beauty.

Because that would put the Draconis pilot against the Davion pilot in the finals, which would only serve to destabilize the populace of the new Draconis Suns by reviving nationalist sentiment, which can only be helpful to the CC.

That'd be a pretty fluff thing to hint about :

Capellans orchestrating a Davion vs Kurita finals showdown :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

That'd be a pretty fluff thing to hint about :

Especially since nobody's called me on the Catapult's you really think I'm going to tell you? yet.

I've got the orders in, but since both pilots decided to bow at each other before engaging; I'm checking with them to see if they'd both be OK with me doing the next few turns as a 0-movement slugging match so we can close this mission out.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Please please Rocky III ending please.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The Centurion would get absolutely wrecked, though.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've got the orders in, but since both pilots decided to bow at each other before engaging; I'm checking with them to see if they'd both be OK with me doing the next few turns as a 0-movement slugging match so we can close this mission out.

See? Now this? This is style.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Artificer posted:

In fairness, the Centurion will get absolutely wrecked the other way. He still has a decent chance if he gets the needed crits, but with that missing torso/arm and the open CT....

I hope the next fight is in a more open map. The last few fights have been heavy/assault slugfests in urban environments. Should be interesting to see how long it takes for the XL Engine to spread to the line units, getting some sweet IS Cavalry Heavies on the field will make a huge difference against the clanners.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 6, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

He's less outgunned than he looks.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I never got the underestimating of the Centurion and Catapult. They both had a decent enough arsenal. Of course the Centurion could pop at any moment due to the ammo and the Catapult has a sad close-range weapons option but they didn't seem to be as greatly out-gunned as their weights would indicate.

I guess under sustained fire they would have had some serious survivability problems, but how often is that a problem when there are bigger targets around?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Plek posted:

I guess under sustained fire they would have had some serious survivability problems, but how often is that a problem when there are bigger targets around?

Conventional wisdom is: Kill the squishiest enemy first.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Conventional wisdom is: Kill the squishiest enemy first.

This must be why I suck at Battletech.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Plek posted:

I never got the underestimating of the Centurion and Catapult. They both had a decent enough arsenal. Of course the Centurion could pop at any moment due to the ammo and the Catapult has a sad close-range weapons option but they didn't seem to be as greatly out-gunned as their weights would indicate.

Cat was fine, but the Centurion came into the fight with the worst firepower and the second worst survivability. Having hot-loaded LK missiles closed the gap significantly, but it is still a mech that would have lost in a straight fight with any other mech on the field.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

If Felime's character wins, and we choose S7 again for the next vote, will said character be piloting the same mech in the finals, or a different one, do you think?

I won't be doing any more PVP options. As an experiment, I consider it a failed one. Too many cut corners for the sake of my posting schedule (which was demolished anyway).

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

I won't be doing any more PVP options. As an experiment, I consider it a failed one. Too many cut corners for the sake of my posting schedule (which was demolished anyway).

I am actually surprised you managed to make it work as well as you did, but I am definitely glad that this is a one time thing.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I agree. This was a really fun experiment and Solaris was the right time to do it. Lots of fun to watch!

And I got archives out of it off Hob's ongoing run of bad luck, so there's that too!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

PoptartsNinja posted:

Even so, this round was entertaining as hell, and I appreciated it as a spectator. I loved the Duncan Fisher commentary, I loved the hilarity of the simultaneous moves. As for the schedule, I fell face-first into Mass Effect 3 for a few days, then spent about 2 weeks moping after that horror show of an ending, so I didn't even notice any delays.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
Concur on the hilarity of simultaneous moves. If I was told to salvage anything from this match to keep using for the future, I would use the simultaneous turns.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

propatriamori posted:

Concur on the hilarity of simultaneous moves. If I was told to salvage anything from this match to keep using for the future, I would use the simultaneous turns.

I respectfully disagree here. They really complicate orders. If I'd known where everything was moving, or even that they would be moving after me, I would have been able to put in turns almost immediately and had much simpler orders. As it was, there were a lot of turns that were a cycle of second guessing myself and trying to predict what the others were thinking. While it leads to some hilarity and probably ended up to my advantage, It's really a terrible idea to carry over, especially to GMed matches where it's easily avoidable and they players have a lot more coordination to worry about on top of that.

It's one of those things that are hilarious to watch, but it's cumbersome and random. And with the players vs PTN, they really need to have a good amount of control over the outcome of their moves, and the main draw, the guessing what everyone is doing, isn't there.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Felime posted:

It's one of those things that are hilarious to watch, but it's cumbersome and random.

So cumbersome and random (and infuriating to some of my players; and rightfully so) that I'm strongly considering bringing most of the early-eliminated into the next mission.

VVV And the randomized teams with everyone being so slow (movement-wise, not posting-wise) meant that nobody could engage safely.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 6, 2012

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

So cumbersome and random (and infuriating to some of my players; and rightfully so) that I'm strongly considering bringing most of the early-eliminated into the next mission.

And, with the teams limiting targets, you ended up with longinus parked up top, trying to engage but not being able to catch anyone on his level, then hopping down 4 levels because everyone had congregated at the bottom. While I gave him some flak for sitting up there, he really did seem to be honestly trying to get in fights, just people weren't quite cooperating.

Despite living till near the end, he was only really able to be in the game for a few turns.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Simultaneous movement is basically double-blind movement. It doesn't seem so tough when you play it in MM but working that poo poo out as a player or GM manually is amazingly difficult and time-consuming.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I think just doing PvP, or just doing multi Z-level maps, or just doing randomized teams would have made for a difficult game--doing all three on the same map... I'm really surprised at how well PTN managed it.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Defiance Industries posted:

Simultaneous movement is basically double-blind movement. It doesn't seem so tough when you play it in MM but working that poo poo out as a player or GM manually is amazingly difficult and time-consuming.

Double blind is different, it's when you can't see enemy units which are out of LOS/sensor range. In double blind you move units one at a time (assuming equal numbers) so you are still reacting to your opponents move instead of having to guess a full turn worth of moves.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

True, but I was thinking more in terms of "resolving movement conflicts" and such. Lotta the same problems.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not at all.

In standard double-blind, you still roll initiative and each mech moves one at a time. You may not be able to see your opponent's mech, but you will never have a situation where two mechs are moving through the same hex at the same time. Instead, maybe you run around a corner and there's an enemy mech in your way you didn't know about, but there's no ambiguity: that mech got there first (or hasn't moved yet) and you cannot pass through his hex (but can still use the rest of your movement phase, so you can react to the new info immediately).

In this game, PTN had to roll off to decide who was where, and players had to guess about the end-position of all other mechs, even the ones they could see (and they could see them all). Nobody gets to react to whoever moved first. Much harder to deal with for players.

The alternative would be just as bad, though: having all players act in an initiative order rolled at the beginning of each round would mean that PTN would have to make game updates for each individual mech's movement. So, with six players, that'd be six updates per movement phase, and then potentially six more per firing phase (and even potentially six more per physical combat phase!) which is obviously nuts.

Realistically for PVP to work, you need to be playing live. In an LP format, to avoid tons and tons of updates, you'd have to get all your players online at once, run the whole game, and then break up the action into LP updates and post them as you like. My suggestion to PTN would be to maybe try that out at some point using Megamek, players who know the software, a scheduled game-time, and whoever can show up and commit to a ~2 to 3 hour game.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's taking the walking dead a lot longer to kill each other than I was expecting. I wonder if we'll hit turn 20?

Edit: Yup.

Double Edit: 22 turns. It's like the `Mech version of a cripple fight (although it should've ended earlier, I just noticed--gently caress it, I'm keeping it. The spectacle is too epic to not show).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 7, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Factory Semi-Finals: Tactical Update 16-22

Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/10 structure remains)! Limb blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso, 7/20 armor remains!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Generates 16 heat, sinks 16!

F Catapult
- Fires PPC at E Centurion (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, Left Leg (0/24 armor, 3/12 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Generates 18 heat, sinks 16!

End Phase:
E Centurion
- Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper leg actuator destroyed!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 leg actuator destroyed = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!
- Generates 21 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

Turn 17
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/20 armor, 14/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso, 7/20 armor remains!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, Left Arm (0/10 structure remains)! Limb blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (10/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (1/17 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Head (4/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
- Generates 6 heat, sinks 16!

End Phase:
F Catapult
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!

E Centurion
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 10, succeeds!

Turn 18
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (2/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, Left Torso (0/15 structure remains)! Torso destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (4/24 armor remains)!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (9/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (10/16 armor remains)! Critical chance!

End Phase:
E Centurion
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Turn 19
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 5, hit Right Leg (7/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, Right Torso (2/20 armor remains)!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (0/17 armor, 8/12 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, miss!

End Phase:
E Centurion

Turn 20
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (0/20 armor, 9/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 3, miss!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (10/16 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (5/16 structure remains)! Critical chance!

End Phase:
E Centurion
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

F Catapult

Turn 21
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/20 armor, 1/15 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (0/15 structure remains)!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/24 armor remains)!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (3/12 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (9/16 armor remains)!

End Phase:
E Centurion

Turn 22
Combat Phase
E Centurion
- Fires Large Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (7/20 armor)! Through-Armor Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at F Catapult (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (16/21 structure remains)! Critical chance!

F Catapult
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/12 structure remains)! Torso destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (2/16 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at E Centurion (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (4/16 armor remains)!

End Phase:
E Centurion
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- - Engine destroyed!
- `Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!

F Catapult
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- - Machine gun ammo hit!
- - - Pilot suffers neural feedback!
- - - Suffers damage to Center Torso (4/21 structure remains)!
- - - Gyro destroyed!
- - - Engine destroyed!
- `Mech destroyed by Engine Destruction!

Cal stared, bleary-eyed, into his empty glass. He shouldn’t be drinking, he knew better—he’d stayed on the wagon for so long, only to lose it now. Without a word, the bartender in the Purple Eagle slid him a Marik PPC. The grain alcohol and vodka cut with ouzo was a favorite only here in Montenegro, and then only by people who had no desire to remember anything when they woke up the next morning. Cal only blinked, looking across the choppy ocean of oaken bar-top.

“Din’ order another,” he grumbled—he couldn’t have afforded another anyway. The studio hadn’t cut him a severance package. They’d fired him half-way through the broadcast, and Fischer hadn’t even said ‘yes’ yet. The man himself stared at him, larger than life, his pleasant voice jumbling into a stream of nonsense as the Catapult and Centurion blazed away at each other. They simply traded blows like a pair of heavyweight boxers, one’s assault sending the other reeling for a moment, but neither falling to the relentless assault. Smoke poured from the ruins of the Centurion’s chest; while the Catapult’s left and right sides ran white-hot. Molten ceramet armor had fused the red-hot guts of its medium lasers to the center torso when the rest had been shot away. The two weapons were likely to be unsalvageable after such an exchange—and barely targetable, but neither `Mech was making any attempt to evade.

“I know you didn’t,” The Bartender replied. “You lost everything tonight, I take it—you don’t have to say a word. Consider it a complimentary kindness—I’m sure you’ll be back on your feet in no time.”

The Catapult’s torso ruptured as it’s machine gun ammunition tore its guts out, the last-second barrage of laser fire sending up a gout of inky green smoke as the Centurion’s engine imploded. Both `Mechs kept their feet as they lost power: ruined metal corpses. Cal had never been poetic, but they reminded him of the corpse of his own career. The vulture Fischer smiled broadly, “Wow—I did not see that coming! And remember folks, tonight’s fight was brought to you by Quikscell; manufacturer of the new amphibious Vidette!”

Primary Objective:
- Have Fun (6/6)!
- - Die gloriously!

Secondary Objectives:
- First One to Die (Marauder (Cafel))
- - Fighting hard is its own reward
- Achievement Hunter (Guillotine (GreyjoyBastard))
- - Eliminate the First One to Die
- Most Hated (Thunderbolt (Longinus00))
- - Take fire from at least three opponents on a single turn
- Most Headshots (Catapult (anakha) (3))
- - Dislikes anyone else having cockpit glass
- Sock Blocker (Guillotine (GreyjoyBastard))
- - Die, leaving rough terrain in a chokepoint or ramp hex
- Didn’t Walk on the Duckboards (Thunderbolt (Longinus00))
- - Fail a 5+ piloting test or worse
- Flesh Wound (Axman (magni))
- - Eliminated via leg destruction
- Cheating Legger (Centurion (Felime))
- - Eliminated someone via blowing off a leg
- Louis XVI (Marauder (Cafel))
- - Eliminated via headshot!
- Revolutionary (Guillotine (GreyjoyBastard))
- - Eliminated someone via headshot
- Boom (Guillotine (GreyjoyBastard))
- - Eliminated via Ammo Explosion
- Fratricidal (Centurion (Felime))
- - Eliminated someone via Ammo Explosion
- Aiden Pryde (Axman (magni))
- - Eliminated in a FFA turn!
- Marthe Pryde (Centurion (Felime))
- - Eliminated Aiden Pryde in an FFA turn!
- Cursed (Axman (magni))
- - Nuffle hates this player
- Statuesque (Centurion (Felime) and Catapult (anakha))
- - Hold position for three or more turns in a row
- Mary Sue (Centurion (Felime) (2))
- - Scored the most kills
- Mutually Assured Destruction (Guillotine (GreyjoyBastard) and Marauder (Cafel), Centurion (Felime) and Catapult (anakha))
- - Two players kill (or score a kill assist on) the other, on the same turn
- Capellan Deal (Centurion (Felime) and Catapult (anakha))
- - Formed an alliance with someone on the opposing team
- Most Entertained the GM (Thunderbolt (Longinus00))
- - Did something stupid that made PoptartsNinja grin
- Draw (1/1)
- - Nobody survived!

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
E CN9-AL Centurion “Legionnaire”
F CPLT-K2 Catapult “Kokuryuu”

(nobody moved after turn 16)

Overlord Stables (Steiner)
AXM-1X Axman “Copper”
Mechwarrior Name: Serge Axey
Mechwarrior Player: magni
Mechwarrior Status: Concussion (5+)!

Bromley Stables (Marik)
GLT-4L Guillotine “The Fighting 18th”
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Colonel Isadora Alvarez
Mechwarrior Player: GreyjoyBastard
Mechwarrior Status: Shrapnel Wound, Flash Burns, Neural Shock (9+)

Skye Tigers Stables (Skye)
TDR-5SS Thunderbolt “Warhawk”
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Charles Boyington
Mechwarrior Player:Longinus00
Mechwarrior Status: Broken wrist, severe concussion (7+)!

Gemini Stables (Duchy of New Syrtis)
MAD-3D Marauder “Danh Khan Huu”
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Ngoc Binh
Mechwarrior Player: Cafel
Mechwarrior Status: Vaporized!

Tandrek Stables (Liao)
CN9-AL Centurion “Legionnaire”
Weight: 50 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/17 (0/12)
LT R A(S): 7/7
CT A(S): 0/23 (5/16)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 0/17 (8/12)
RT R A(S): 7/7
LA A(S): 11/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 9/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 1/24 (12/12)
RL A(S): 9/24 (12/12)
Heat: 5/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 2/3/0!
Heat Sinks: 16
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Antonin Césaire
Mechwarrior Player: Felime
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+)
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: Blown off!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 11, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: Destroyed!)
Critical Damage: Engine destroyed! Right Upper Leg Actuator destroyed!
Notes: 1 hand

Silver Dragon Stables (Kurita)
CPLT-K2 Catapult “Kokuryuu”
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/20 (0/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 0/24 (4/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 0/20 (0/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 0/18 (3/10)
RA A(S): 0/18 (0/10)
LL A(S): 7/20 (15/15)
RL A(S): 7/20 (15/15)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 20
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Ken Hachiman
Mechwarrior Player: anakha
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Shock (5+)!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: BLOWN OFF!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: DESTROYED!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!) (blown off waaay earlier, whoops)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!) (blown off waaay earlier, whoops)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: 6, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – RT (Heat: 0, Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine destroyed!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

After-Action Report:
Wow, that last exchange. I hosed it up, true, but those `Mechs deserved an awesome send-off and goddamn, they got one. As an experimental mission on an experimental map, I have to say everyone held up very well. Magni, GreyjoyBastard, Longinus00, and Cafel all have a place in the next scenario if they desire; due to the hardships they face. Our winners (losers?) anakha and Felime lasted long enough that I don’t feel guilty about letting them off here. Voting will be soon (I’m still not done compiling all the `Mechs for the contest, though, sorry guys)!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Felime got the most kills, but I guess it ended in a draw.

Still Felime ni Kanabo.

(Well I guess technically felime won with that disarming strike on the turn before)

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 7, 2012

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Engine destruction ain't anywhere near as bad as an ammosplosion.

I'mma just sit here and be happy about Felime being awesome, and managing to survive to the end.

Glory to the Capellan Confederation!

You both did great, though. I'm glad you two made it, and I'm glad Solaris is over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wow, I'm surprised the Centurion went down. That Catapult seemed mostly 'armless. :v:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Holy poo poo, that last exchange. That's battletech for you though, the only critical that matters is the last one.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rocky.

III.

Freeze-frame.

Ending.

:krad:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Wow, that was a fitting end to this match. I'll admit that this one didn't hold my interest throughout most of it, only picking up when that double kill turn happened, but it was a fun way to end it. Slugging match with neither of the two going down easy at all. Arms being blown off, torsos getting wrecked, but no crits going off until the last moment. And then we get a draw. Wow.

And I guess it sucks to be Cal, huh? Fired in the middle of the broadcast of the match? Ouch, that's gotta suck. Here's to hoping he bounces back in some way.

Still, that took entirely too long. Good to see that this PVP match was only a one time thing. Don't think it could have held my interest for much longer, not to mention how long it took and how much extra work it had to have caused you, PTN. Now to wait for a new Political Update and Combat Theater. Looking forward to seeing what you do there, PTN.

EDIT: Just checked the front page, the next Political Vote is titled Operation Backstab? Oh, that's going to be fun... Wonder what you have planned for that, PTN. Still, guess it'll wait until after the Mech Design contest is figured out.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 7, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That was quite satisfying! Hats off to the gladiators, and of course our MC.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Poor Cal. I'm inordinately concerened about his well being. Does he have savings he can fall back on? An old friends who owe him favors? I hope he lands on his feet.

I'd say that writing is some of the best I've seen from PTN in both the Battletech and Star Trek LPs. I've said it before, but I'm really looking forward to your published short story.

I definetly would appreciate having another go at pilotting. This match was fun, but I was waiting on that list for slightly over a year. I'd enjoy the opportunity to participate in a more straight forward match with out all of the useless second guessing.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

cafel posted:

Poor Cal. I'm inordinately concerened about his well being. Does he have savings he can fall back on? An old friends who owe him favors? I hope he lands on his feet.

Next to the NPCs from Counting Coup, Cal has my respect. Jobs are hard to come by in SPACE AMERICA.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Well done, gladiators. Well done indeed.

drat.

(also, poor Cal. I hope he gets a chance to sign on with a mercenary company and liberate Luthien from the Clan yoke, thus freeing Korean Robert and his girlfriend from slavery. And the Brave Little Office Chair while we're at it.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Well done, gladiators. Well done indeed.

drat.

(also, poor Cal. I hope he gets a chance to sign on with a mercenary company and liberate Luthien from the Clan yoke, thus freeing Korean Robert and his girlfriend from slavery. And the Brave Little Office Chair while we're at it.)

I'm sure Korean Robert and his girlfriend are part of the support team for Yorinaga's lance now.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Catapult

Holy poo poo, did not expect that ending. :black101:

Felime deserved to win, though. That Centurion did a hell of a lot better than anyone could have expected.

Congrats to the four posters who get a second chance. I'm more than happy to go back to being a heckler in the stands myself. All this mechwarrioring tired me out. :sweatdrop:

E: Forgot to add the signature to this letter...

- Ken "Headshot" Hachiman :smug:

anakha fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 7, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight!

It's a bit confusing to see who's going to face Capet in the inevitably off-camera championship bout.

But great game and great ending, you two! An honorable end to an opportunistic alliance. I don't mind seeing the other gladiators getting a second shot, even if this means I'll be waiting another month on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Guillotine

I am not displeased with that ending.

I will, however, take that offer to join the next scenario!

• Locked thread