Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Son Ryo posted:

Wow, of all the missions to not be paying attention to it'd have to be this one. Guess I'd better read up on what's happened so far. Uh, for the tactics chat stuff, I don't have PMs but my email is

...and sent. Go ahead and edit it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

At this rate I'll be in three games from now :toot:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I'm only 12 down from Son Ryo. Exciting!

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition

Defiance Industries posted:

Head of state would be her actual profession. Being a spacer is how you'd fulfill your mandatory term of service under the Lyran's conscription law. The whole idea of the head of state continuing to actively fight with the army is loving silly. There's a reason only lovely leaders like Victor need to do it.

Your missing the point, Infantry on planet is both safer and more insular, and better for allowing you to continue to be said Head of State, than flying around on a loving Jumpship out of contact for long periods of time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SageSepth posted:

Your missing the point, Infantry on planet is both safer and more insular, and better for allowing you to continue to be said Head of State, than flying around on a loving Jumpship out of contact for long periods of time.

But you would stop doing either of those things when you are actually head of state, so I'm not quite sure I'm being clear. In the LC everyone has to do a tour in the military by law. Including the Archon-Designate. It's not a lifelong career. If you do have to become Archon before your term of service is up they just promote you all the way to the top of the rank ladder and make you the commander of the 1st Royal Guard like every other Archon and let you finish out your term that way. At no point do I suggest it be a lifelong vocation.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

But you would stop doing either of those things when you are actually head of state, so I'm not quite sure I'm being clear. In the LC everyone has to do a tour in the military by law. Including the Archon-Designate. It's not a lifelong career. If you do have to become Archon before your term of service is up they just promote you all the way to the top of the rank ladder and make you the commander of the 1st Royal Guard like every other Archon and let you finish out your term that way. At no point do I suggest it be a lifelong vocation.

Ok fine, Designate is on some Jump journey that takes a month to complete no communications. In the interim some poo poo happens and she would've been promoted to the position through much death. Not contactable, state of chaos and now everyones a Cappellen. You get me dog?

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

SageSepth posted:

Ok fine, Designate is on some Jump journey that takes a month to complete no communications. In the interim some poo poo happens and she would've been promoted to the position through much death. Not contactable, state of chaos and now everyones a Cappellen. You get me dog?

Presumably there's got to be some sort of contingency for a temporary regency. The VP of the USA isn't kept in a padded room 24/7.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

the JJ posted:

Presumably there's got to be some sort of contingency for a temporary regency. The VP of the USA isn't kept in a padded room 24/7.

The fun thing about the Archon? Until Victor Steiner-Davion came along, they were elected (by the plutocracy, admittedly--or, well, not elected but they could be ousted); and there're a lot of random Steiners to choose between.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SageSepth posted:

In the event of a sitting Archon's disappearance, the General of the Armies automatically assumes command of the military until the Estates-General can be convened to appoint a Regent who, most of the time, ends up being the General of the Armies. If the search takes long enough that she's declared lost, they convene again to appoint a new Archon from among the claimants to the throne.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The fun thing about the Archon? Until Victor Steiner-Davion came along, they were elected (by the plutocracy, admittedly--or, well, not elected but they could be ousted); and there're a lot of random Steiners to choose between.

Both, actually, sorta. From a strictly legal standpoint, the Archon doesn't have the power to name the Archon-Designate, just to nominate someone for the position, then the Estates-General ratifies that suggestion. In practice, the Estates-General is just a rubber stamp; the one time there was an obviously unfit Archon and they refused to appoint her (partially because she was just the dead Archon's wife), she held onto a Regency because the Dukes of Skye and Tamar backed her. Presumably Peter Steiner-Davion brought this practice back when he captured Tharkad, because they mentioned that the Estates-General ratified his claim to the Archonship after he put a HGR slug through Nondi Steiner's entire body.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Sorry for continuing to hold the game up, I just need one day to make sure that what I have planned isn't completely idiotic and then I'll get my orders in.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Son Ryo posted:

Sorry for continuing to hold the game up, I just need one day to make sure that what I have planned isn't completely idiotic and then I'll get my orders in.

As one of the groundlings who only plans on watching the thread rather than participating, I would suggest not taking it too seriously. PoptartsNinja has shown that even losing has awesome consequences. Don't sweat it man, this is supposed to be fun.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Uhg i just lost a big post due to my fat hands and tiny laptop.

I read the whole freakin timeline updates from the OP. Its a pretty different universe we're Mechwarrioring in these days. With comstar's total loving up most of what theyre trying to do, and not really acting like they did in the original timeline, i cant see anyone to save the IS in this situation.

I had a serious sense of dread and forboding when PTN described the Clan warfleet warping into Luthien. That is more firepower than everyone in the IS combined could muster. There really is no chance if things go Total War.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

Raw_Beef posted:

...when PTN described the Clan warfleet warping into Luthien...

Wait, when did this happen? Like, did all the clans ships waiting in the clan home systems suddenly appear in Luthien? Or are you talking about the invading clans just kinda meeting up there as a staging point?

SageSepth
May 10, 2004

enigma74 posted:

Wait, when did this happen? Like, did all the clans ships waiting in the clan home systems suddenly appear in Luthien? Or are you talking about the invading clans just kinda meeting up there as a staging point?

Luthien was attacked by Shadowdragon and others, what is confusing?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

enigma74 posted:

From the Cardie's mouth:

PTN posted:

....Luthien’s defenses were as strong as they could be under the circumstances: under the guns of a fleet of warships the likes of which the Inner Sphere had not seen since the days of the Star League. If the Clans so desired, they could turn Luthien into a barren rock as inhospitable to human life as any in the Inner Sphere; and in so doing make the Kentares massacre seem like a tantrum thrown by a spiteful child....

It was a fleet consisting of the Snow Ravens, Ghost Bears, and Sea Foxes(?), but for all intents and purposes, it was THE Clan Fleet with the explicit goal to show the Draconis Combine that they couldn't even protect their beloved Coordinator.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
It was really a huge departure from Clan tactics in either this timeline or cannon. The clans doctrine is to steamroll and consolidate, and dont really exploit their superiority or surprise to the best extent.
The Luthien move was a definate concentration of forces and deep strike, which with their total space superiority, the clans could be doing to every house in turn, not trying to garrison every world as they plod along in a contiguous map blob.

I guess the reason they dont do this is that the concentration of so many clans required much bargaining and diplomacy, and they cant really pull off this coalition of forces for long periods of time. Thus the whole invasion coridor plan to begin with.
:goonsay:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rick_Hunter posted:

It was a fleet consisting of the Snow Ravens, Ghost Bears, and Sea Foxes

Just the Snow Ravens and Hell's Horses.

Every Clan has a few Warships (anywhere from 0-9, typically).

The Snow Ravens have over 20, enough so that they have a full trinary of front-line warships and about eight more devoted to Garrison duty.

Update's almost done, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it tonight. RL stuff.

VVV Turtle Bay came first, but pretty much.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 19, 2012

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.
The main reason was initially Clan Wolf (who were against the invasion and either wanted it to not happen or to be over as quickly and painlessly as possible) politically manoeuvred the other clans into bidding away their space assets first in any invasion. Then, after Smoke jaguar used their warships to nuke Turtle bay, using warships became political suicide.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Caldera: Tactical Update 7

Movement Phase
M6 Valkyrie
- Enters hex 1108! Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base - 1 depth 1 water = 3): rolled 7, succeeds!

Combat Phase
A5 Bobcat
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M6 Valkyrie (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M6 Valkyrie (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks ???!

M1 Shadow Hawk
- Fires Medium Laser at S1 Coyote (4 base + range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (23/28 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-2 at S1 Coyote (4 base + range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Autocannon/5 at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 secondary target = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 2 minimum range + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 12!

M2 Hermes II
- Fires Autocannon/5 at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (0/9 structure remains)! Limb blown off!
- Fires Flamer at A6 Griffin (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 13): Automatic miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

M3 Hammer 1
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/18 armor, 10/13 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 12!

M4 Cicada
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1203!
- Fires PPC at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (3/13 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 11!

M6 Valkyrie
- Fires LRM-10 at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 11!

M7 Spider
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/7 armor, 15/18 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 10!

M8 Hammer 2
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0405!
- Fires LRM-5 at A6 Griffin (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 3 minimum range = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A6 Griffin (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 12!

A1 Wolfhound
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

A2 Commando
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

A3 Clint
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 10!

A6 Griffin
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 1106!
- Fires Large Laser at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (7/15 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (2/15 armor remains)! Through-armor critical chance!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

S1 Coyote
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at M1 Shadow Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M1 Shadow Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M1 Shadow Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at M1 Shadow Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 10, 6 missiles hit Left Leg (1/16 armor remains), Center Torso (21/23 armor remains), Right Torso (16/18 armor remains), Left Arm (4/16 armor remains), Left Arm (2/16 armor remains), Left Arm (0/16 armor remains)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks ???!

S2 Jackrabbit
- Fires ER Large Laser at M1 Shadow Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks ???!

End Phase:
M3 Hammer 1
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit!

A6 Griffin
- Critical chance in Left Leg! no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- Overheating, must avoid shutdown: rolled 10, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
M7 Spider
- Kicks A1 Griffin (5 base + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 7, miss!

End Phase:
M7 Spider
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 missed kick = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Lieutenant Chiatzi paid little mind to the Griffin, putting distance between himself and the other Medium. He trusted his lance to take it apart, they didn’t need his guidance—but someone needed to run interference and lock down the newly-arrived enemy heavy `Mech.

As company commander, Chiatzi wasn’t above ordering someone else to the task but with third lance and the company’s heavy fire support out of contact; his Shadow Hawk was simply the best suited. Behind him, the sharply-angled enemy medium touched down. He expected the lash of the enemy `Mech’s PPC against his rear armor, but instead the amber flicker of medium lasers boiled the water to either side of Corporal Halas’ Valkyrie. Chiatzi toggled his comms. to the company frequency with a unconscious motion.

“The jumper’s choosing his targets at random,” he warned. “He wants us to panic, just stay calm and focus on your target—the little ones are running for the hills, knock out that Griffin then come about and we’ll pick a new focus.”

As if to punctuate his words, Chiatzi let loose on both of the newcomers, his autocannon and missiles sailing wide of the enemy light `Mech. His SRMs too splashed into the near-boiling water of the alkali lake, but his medium laser scoured the armor of the enemy heavy. Its own return fire was withering, the bizarre short-barreled PPC spitting charged particles not in a tightly-focused beam but in a wide swath. Arcs of static electricity filled the air as the spray of particles knocked loose stray electrons; but the electricity wasn’t the danger of such a weapon. Accelerated nearly to the speed of light, the shower of charged particles would scour armor from a `Mech; and the wide spray seemed easily aimed even if it dissipated far more rapidly than a standard PPC might have.

Fortunately, the enemy `Mech’s salvo missed save for a hail of SRMs that shredded the Shadow Hawk’s already brutalized armor. It stalked forward with a heavy gait purposeful and surprisingly quick for a `Mech its size. At its right wrist, a heavy blade—a heavier mirror of the one on the light jumper—snapped into place locking out the use of the hand as the enemy heavy advanced on Chiatzi’s position.

It was almost certainly time to give ground.

Mission Objective:
Drive Off the 17th Arcturan Guards (1/6)

Secondary Objective:
Destroy or Disable the 17th Arcturan Guards (1/6)
Destroy or Disable the Unknown `Mechs (0/2)

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A1) WLF-1 Wolfhound – +2 ran
A2) COM-2D Commando – +3 ran
A3) CLNT-2-3T Clint – +3 jumped
A5) B0C-13T Bobcat (ACE) – [+3 jumped]
A6) GRF-1S Griffin – +0 Stationary
S1) W1L-3C Coyote – +0 Walked
S2)JKR-10R Jackrabbit – +0 Walked

Protectorate Iron Guard
M1) SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 5/18 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 1/6
CT A(S): 21/23 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 16/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 0/16 (9/9)
RA A(S): 16/16 (9/9)
LL A(S): 1/16 (13/13)
RL A(S): 16/16 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant S.G. Erasmus Chatzi
Mechwarrior Player: Sair
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Autocannon/5 – LT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM-2 – HD (Heat: 2, Ammo: 46, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

M2) HER-2S Hermes II
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 17/17 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 0/11 (2/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Sergeant Damaris Golde
Mechwarrior Player: Pinguliten
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Left Upper Arm Actuator destroyed!
Notes: 1 hand

M3) HMR-2M Hammer 1
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
LT A(S): 2/10 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 2/15 (10/10)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 0/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 0/10 (0/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 9/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 4/30
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Karan Stephanopoulos
Mechwarrior Player: BatteredFeltFedora
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 23, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)

M4) CDA-3C (field refit) Cicada
Weight: 40 tons (Class)
LT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 11/11 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
RA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
LL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
Heat: 4/30
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 7/11/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Stavros Andreou
Mechwarrior Player: Rhobot Mk. II
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 M:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – LL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: no arm actuators

M5) HER-1S Hermes
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant J.G. Lycoris Asker
Mechwarrior Player: LeschNyhan
Mechwarrior Status: Flash burns (3+), Killed in Action!
Notes: Destroyed!

M6) VAL-QA Valkyrie
HD A(S): 8/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 7/12 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RT A(S): 7/12 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 9/9 (5/5)
RA A(S): 9/9 (5/5)
LL A(S): 3/12 (7/7)
RL A(S): 12/12 (7/7)
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Hector Halas
Mechwarrior Player: GreyjoyBastard
Armament:
Medium Laser –RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 5, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)

M7) SDR-5V Spider
HD A(S): 1/6 (3/3)
LT A(S): 1/6 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 8/8 (10/10)
RT A(S): 6/6 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 0/5 (0/5)
RA A(S): 0/5 (5/5)
LL A(S): 6/6 (7/7)
RL A(S): 6/6 (7/7)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 8/12/8
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Flavian Gryphon
Mechwarrior Player: cafel
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+)
Armament:
Critical Damage: Left Arm Blown Off!

M8) HMR-2M Hammer 2
LT A(S): 0/10 (0/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 0/15 (7/10)
RT A(S): 10/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 3/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 12 11
Mechwarrior Name: Private Vernados Zane
Mechwarrior Player: Slaan
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 21, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: Destroyed!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Gyro hit! Left arm blown off!

17th Arcturan Guards
A1) WLF-1 Wolfhound
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Armament:
Large Laser, 4x Medium Laser
Notes: 1 hand, Fleeing!

A2) COM-2D Commando
Weight: 25 tons (Light)
Armament:
SRM-4, Medium Laser, SRM-6
Critical Damage: Left Upper Leg Actuator hit!
Notes: 2 hands, Fleeing!

A3) CLNT-2-3T Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
Movement: 6/9/6
Armament:
Autocannon/5, 2x Medium Laser
Critical Damage: Left Upper Leg Actuator hit, Left Foot hit!
Notes: 1 hand, Fleeing!

A4) BZK-F2 Hollander
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: KIA!

A5) B0C-13T Bobcat
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
Movement: 6/9/6
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, ???
Notes: 1 hand, ACE

A6) GRF-1S Griffin
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
Movement: 5/8/5
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser, LRM-5

S1) WIL-3C Coyote
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Armament:
PPC, Medium Laser, Medium Laser, SRM-6, ???

S2) JKR-10R Jackrabbit
Weight: 25 tons (Light)
Armament:
Large laser, ???

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
SSRM-6? Things have truly gone bananas in this timeline.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Update's almost done, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it tonight. RL stuff.

More filthy lies from PTN. I'm willing to forgive this one though!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

At least three of the enemy mechs are rabbiting. Let them leave and focus on the ones that are still a threat. The Griffin is probably going to go down next turn, what with that Engine hit and it's Arm gone. I think that arm didn't have any weapons in it, so it isn't that big of a blow to it, but I could be mistaken.

The Coyote and the Bobcat are the big threats though. You're going to have to deal with them pretty soon before they wreck you guys with those Snub Nose PPCs and that Streak SRM-6...

\/\/\/\/\/Yeah, but that's what makes it all the more interesting (oh god, all you guys are going to die... :ohdear:)

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 19, 2012

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

GhostStalker posted:

The Coyote and the Bobcat are the big threats though. You're going to have to deal with them pretty soon before they wreck you guys with those Snub Nose PPCs and that Streak SRM-6...

Easier said then done. The Bobcat has ACE, so we basically have to cross our fingers and hope we have a decent shot at it. And the heavy is a god drat heavy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

cafel posted:

And the heavy is a god drat heavy.

I want so badly to offer some advice here, but I don't want to poke holes in my own strategy when the players are so far ahead of my plans already.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005
M1 should back up to 0609 and push the coyote into the lake :colbert:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Finish the Griffin and withdraw southeast. The Coyote is a beast at close ranges, but with what I'm reading I think it doesn't have jumpjets. Get range 10+ from it and you can easily outduel it at range.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

b0lt posted:

M1 should back up to 0609 and push the coyote into the lake :colbert:

Half damage for falling into water, and it's on a 3+ to not fall over at all.

VVVV 3+ to not fall over. That means he'd only fail on snake eyes.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 19, 2012

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Get someone else to breach his armor first.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Hey, I just became a lovely missile boat!

Seems like the Coyote should have more to show over the Bobcat for its 20 extra tons than just a SSRM-6. I suspect it's either seriously up-armored or it has some tricks we haven't seen yet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Seems like the Coyote should have more to show over the Bobcat for its 20 extra tons than just a SSRM-6. I suspect it's either seriously up-armored or it has some tricks we haven't seen yet.

Standard fusion engine maybe? If that SNPPC is in the CT that means it could be a long term threat.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

HAG-30

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Well, just the fact that it's 65 tons means that it is up-armored significantly. With the way engine and internal structure scales weight wise, having a light weapons load makes sense on a 5/8 heavy, unless it has an XL engine.

If it does have an XL engine, for all we know it could be packing an extra 17 ER Small Lasers. Or, you know, something that's actually deadly.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Is anyone else concerned about that rascally 'rabbit that's accompanying the wily Coyote? So far all it's used is an ER Large Laser, but I'm worried what other nasty tricks PTN might have in store. :ohdear:

Rhobot Mk. II
Jan 15, 2008
Mk. II: Bigger, longer, uncut robo-cock.
:clint: drat I'm good. Looks like I'm 100% on PPC hits this game.

Not much to do here but keep the move mods up and keep plugging away with the particle cannon. PFC Stavros Andreou keeps shooting like this and survives, he might make Sergeant.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

cafel posted:

Easier said then done. The Bobcat has ACE, so we basically have to cross our fingers and hope we have a decent shot at it. And the heavy is a god drat heavy.

Given that the heavy isn't an ACE, can't you leverage your speed to get rear attacks on it?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Narsham posted:

Given that the heavy isn't an ACE, can't you leverage your speed to get rear attacks on it?

Theoretically, except a number of us are 5/8 also and one of us has a gyro hit.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Call up Acme and drop a black hole on it. The Coyote might expect that though...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Valk should have dfa'd it, straight into the depth 2 water which would cause some damage.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
So it turns out I can't count.

Not that it really matters, it wasn't especially vital that I wind up on land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

So it turns out I can't count.

Not that it really matters, it wasn't especially vital that I wind up on land.

Take another hit to your left leg and it will be.

• Locked thread