Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The Stalker is the last mech in MWO. Looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Although I thought the Stalker was always kind of a goofy-looking Mech (though I like the MWO incarnation of it already, particularly the more sturdy look of the legs), I can't deny the fun in that one MW2 Mercs mission where you plow through everything while at the controls of one.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They managed to make it not look like look slightly less like a bipedal dildo! I approve.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
"Get us out of here Stalker!"

I am glad they picked the stalker, it is easily one of my favorite 'mechs.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

Have all orders, but I this will be my last night with internet access for the next 1-2 days. I won't have time for an update tonight, sorry about the delays guys.

I guess that gives us time to discuss wasps and gauss rifles.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

PhotoKirk posted:

I guess that gives us time to discuss wasps and gauss rifles.
I don't think a Wasp has the tonnage to mount a gauss rifle.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You can just barely squeeze one and a ton of ammo on, but it's 3/5 and has no room for armor.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So if you guys could have one person in Poptarts current setting assassinated, who would it be? Mine would be Star Colonel Joshua, 'cause gently caress that guy. Admit you lost, dammit!:argh:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If you use Clantech you can get a 3/5 with better armour than the Wasp WSP-1A (3.0 tons).

Small Cockpit, Clan Endo Steel, Clan XXL Engine, Clan Ferro-Fiberous Armour, Extra-Light Gyro.

[EDIT]hosed around with it a bit more, now it has the same armour as the WSP-1A and it's a 5/8. You're welcome.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 6, 2012

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

If you use Clantech you can get a 3/5 with better armour than the Wasp WSP-1A (3.0 tons).

Small Cockpit, Clan Endo Steel, Clan XXL Engine, Clan Ferro-Fiberous Armour, Extra-Light Gyro.

[EDIT]hosed around with it a bit more, now it has the same armour as the WSP-1A and it's a 5/8. You're welcome.
Clantech is cheating. Always has been and always will be.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's not actually possible to get it on with armour at all then, since you need 16 tons.

Seriously though, a Medium Laser hit to the right arm will have a decent chance of killing the entire mech.

[EDIT]You'll actually get it on an unarmoured 3/5 with just IS tech but wow, it's gonna go boom to a hillbilly with a big shotgun.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 7, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Gay Abortions posted:

Clantech is cheating. Always has been and always will be.

Actually, clan cheating produces grades that are four times better with half the shame.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

Actually, clan cheating produces grades that are four times better with half the shame.

Until you get caught, at which point they take away your desk and put you in the Special Education class.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

paragon1 posted:

So if you guys could have one person in Poptarts current setting assassinated, who would it be? Mine would be Star Colonel Joshua, 'cause gently caress that guy. Admit you lost, dammit!:argh:

Ion.

loving.

Rush.

That fucker will pay dearly.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Hanse Davion.

He has no heir yet, his brother is dead and all his vassals hate the poo poo out of each other. Add combining with the Draconis Combine for a mega-state with lots of bad feelings and no more clear leadership and we could see two successor states balkanize simultaneously to the backdrop of the clan invasion.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Whoever is leading the clans right now, more chaos up there so we can focus on the south.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Romano Liao. The Cappellans get poo poo on enough without having to deal with an ax-crazy bitch running things, and maybe Justin will die to collateral damage if they use a car bomb or something.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Stefan Amaris VII. The way the combat theater votes have been going, this might be the only way to get any closure on this New Rim World Republic thing.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Id knock off whoever is leading Comstar now. In this 10 year advanced invasion timline with already drasticly different course of action taken by comstar, and the loss of waterly so no operation scorpion... killing the secular leader now will most likley spark the jihad ahead of time, just like the clans without the refusal war.

Luthien has fallen,so the clans are deep into the IS, but the Draconis Suns are now stronger than any house individually and if they can defeat the clans they are the winners of the inner sphere forever more.

Comstar must now try to create a drawn out conflict between the DS/IS and the clans, to where all are so reduced that the wobbist comguard reserve can finally lead mankind back to peaceful unity.

Imagine if Foct had not made the batchall for terra at tukayidd, but instead a wobbist comstar allowed the IS and clans to destroy themselves before revealing the 'comguard' and their warships.

This was the comstar plan pre 3049, but i never figured how they were planning to overtake the IS without a destabilizing outisde force, and when one arrived they decided to sacrifice all their hidden aces for the greater good.
What.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That Stalker looks like its legs are on backward. They don't have any toes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Who to kill? Hmm. Take out Theodore Kurita, quietly. With the Black Dragon Society answering to him and him alone, and him not speaking, it should sand up those gears nicely. Plus, he's already supposed to have died, no?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paragon1 posted:

One of the interesting things about the setting is that there's no one guy who's the secret to saving the whole setting if you kill them. There's no Palpetine on whom all the bad can be blamed, no lynchpin holding back one outcome or another.

Kill the head of the clans? They'll probably just pick a new Ilkhan and keep on trucking, and the new guy might be better than the last, not to mention the fact that they're organized into clans means minimal operational disruption. Kill the head of any House? Most have heirs ready and waiting, or at least someone could regent for them. Kill the head of Comstar? They elect a new AT&T Pope and at most you cause a little behind-the-scenes power-shuffle. I guess killing Hanse would be a biggie since the DS is unstable, but the merger's also pretty interesting and hasn't had a chance to shine yet.

The organizations are a little more believable as institutions rather than as the personal extensions of individual characters. The exception to me is Amaris, but that's just because we don't know much about him and his faction yet, but he does feel to me like the one whose death would take the most fight out of his people.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Kill Hanse Davion because that would unleash such a poo poo-storm. Who would seceed him? His wife? Yorinagas daughter is now head of the Draconis Suns.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I am skeptical that the Davion populace would follow an Asian, given their history of shittiness.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

I have to commend you on the effort put into this LP Poptart.

I hadn't played a single game of Battletech, ever, aside from the PC Mechwarrior offerings, and since starting reading this LP I've been hoovering up all the info on Sarna like a sponge, and just yesterday plonked down the cash for a big ton of rulebooks and tech manuals a guy was selling. I'll probably never even play it in person, I just need to know more about the backstory and mech configs.

I used to be like this with Warhammer 40k to the point where my mates would ring me up with questions regarding obscure rules, at least until they watered it down with 4th edition to make it more accessable. I lost interest at that point. I like overly convoluted rules and epic dice rolls, damnit! Anyway that picture someone posted way back of the segregated dice box to make rolling on damage tables or whatever easier was an almost sexual thing for me. Any game in which you need to roll fistfuls of dice is doing it right!

Anyway, I digress. I'm currently only on page 350 or thereabouts (witht the epic King crab Ac2 boat) and fully intend on reading this to its conclusion.

My hat goes off to you sir! A truely fantastic read!

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
I think Morgan Hasek-Davion would still be the heir until Hanse's wife pops one out. Unless the succession got voided by that whole 'seceding from the FS' thing. :v:

Then again, in this timeline, Ian Davion is still alive and kicking, so...

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

That Stalker looks like its legs are on backward. They don't have any toes.

The old Stalker looks really odd with it's legs, I'm glad they made them better for MWO.

Also, I think there are some tiny things back there that looks like something like toes.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

I think Morgan Hasek-Davion would still be the heir until Hanse's wife pops one out. Unless the succession got voided by that whole 'seceding from the FS' thing. :v:

Then again, in this timeline, Ian Davion is still alive and kicking, so...

Remember, it's just Morgan Hasek. Since Michael and Hanse never got into a war for the throne (since Ian never died) Michael presumably either never married Marie Davion (and thus Morgan has no claim whatsoever) or if he did, Hanse wasn't forced to make Morgan his heir to keep the Capellan March in the Federated Suns the way he did in the original timeline. But the point is probably moot, because even if Morgan had been Hanse's heir at some point, the fact that he's a traitor and leader of a secessionist nation would keep people from acknowledging his claim, even if he were legally entitled to it.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Dolash posted:

. Kill the head of Comstar? They elect a new AT&T Pope and at most you cause a little behind-the-scenes power-shuffle.

Except nobody realizes the church of space telecom is rife with schism underneath, and the next generation of leaders may well go crusader instead of savior.

Also i gotta agree its pretty hard to accept centuries old cultural enemies like the davions and combine citizenry just laying down arms and joining, at least since the Fed didnt receive any damage from the clans yet, and as such is probably laughing at the DC and being full of smug and hubris at how much better they would do.

possible plot points moving forward:
The clans do not stop in that tiny northern cordor.
Comstar allows this believing it will end the great houses
The houses can either faction or ally and ironically create a lasting 2nd star leauge
Comstar can choose to support the IS as in cannon (which again contradicts hundreds of years of subversion)
Or the Blakist sect can possibly peacefully gain control of comstar's assets, thus not needing the whole FWL-Blake connection. (unless the master doesnt even exist in this timline... so much to try and keep together)

I just dont think the crusader clans ever really had a chance of a conquering victory, even with their full might unleashed. They're outnumbered so drat bad that administrating and doing anything useful with a freshly war-bombed IS would be pyrrhic. The clans are shown to be using star leauge warships and such that they would find hard pressed to replace if fighting a total war of attrition in the IS. They have the best things because they play nice and dont break the fancy toys when one side says uncle. The IS will blow up your jumpship.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dolash posted:

One of the interesting things about the setting is that there's no one guy who's the secret to saving the whole setting if you kill them. There's no Palpetine on whom all the bad can be blamed, no lynchpin holding back one outcome or another.

Kill the head of the clans? They'll probably just pick a new Ilkhan and keep on trucking, and the new guy might be better than the last, not to mention the fact that they're organized into clans means minimal operational disruption. Kill the head of any House? Most have heirs ready and waiting, or at least someone could regent for them. Kill the head of Comstar? They elect a new AT&T Pope and at most you cause a little behind-the-scenes power-shuffle. I guess killing Hanse would be a biggie since the DS is unstable, but the merger's also pretty interesting and hasn't had a chance to shine yet.

The organizations are a little more believable as institutions rather than as the personal extensions of individual characters. The exception to me is Amaris, but that's just because we don't know much about him and his faction yet, but he does feel to me like the one whose death would take the most fight out of his people.

Uh yeah, I'm not trying to "save the setting" I'm just asking who people would off if they could and why. Hell, mine was based purely on petty dislike. I've found that everyone has one loving guy (or girl) that they absolutely despise in a setting and would love to have taken down.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
To be fair to Comstar, fighting the Clans makes perfect sense once their objective becomes known. They've demonstrated their ability to use HPG technology perfectly well by themselves, and their average level of tech is far better than the IS general level and even Comstar's. If they succeed then they just end up having Comstar fufill the same role they always have in the IS, except with no ability to pull the plug and thus no power.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

paragon1 posted:

So if you guys could have one person in Poptarts current setting assassinated, who would it be?

That guy who's trying to take over. That Amaris guy. I think that's who I'm talking about anyway? I'm so freaking out of my depth with all this BT fluff... But yeah. I don't like coups.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

paragon1 posted:

Uh yeah, I'm not trying to "save the setting" I'm just asking who people would off if they could and why. Hell, mine was based purely on petty dislike. I've found that everyone has one loving guy (or girl) that they absolutely despise in a setting and would love to have taken down.

PTN has done most of my work for me with this timeline.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

paragon1 posted:

Star Colonel Joshua, but merely because Natasha Kerensky would completely lose her poo poo and just try to burn everything to the ground. The Inner Sphere, the Clans, the Periphery, her own command. Everything. Joshua WolfWidowmaker would be her own Boyfriend Stuffed in the Fridge.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paragon1 posted:

Oh, I know, I was just segueing into a point about how the Battletech setting has a convincing level of resilience in its institutions. There are tenuous alliances that more or less live and die with their leaders here and there (Hanse holding the DS together), but they're rare and generally recognized as the exceptional circumstances they are.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, if it makes you bloodthirsty people a little happier, I anticipate a casualty a turn from here out.

Or more.

Edit:
It never rains but pours. Update will be slightly delayed again.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 8, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Caldera: Tactical Update 10

Movement Phase
M2 Hermes II
- Must roll a 7+ to regain consciousness: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (5 base = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Combat Phase
A5 Bobcat
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at M6 Valkyrie (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks ???!

M1 Shadow Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/5 at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 minimum range + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 7): rolled 7, 2 missiles hit Rear Center Torso (1/3 armor remains), Right Leg (5/7 armor remains)!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 12!

M2 Hermes II
- Fires Medium Laser at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (17/22 armor remains)!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

M3 Hammer 1
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (4/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (1/6 armor remains)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 12! Overheating!

M4 Cicada
- Attempts to fire PPC at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/3 armor, 0/8 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 11!

M6 Valkyrie
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 11!

M8 Hammer 2
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1306!
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 12!

A1 Wolfhound
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

A2 Commando
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

S1 Coyote
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0403!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at M2 Hermes II (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (0/14 armor, 7/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M2 Hermes II (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M2 Hermes II (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (8/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at M2 Hermes II (4 4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (3/11 armor remains), Right Torso (2/14 armor remains), Right Torso (0/14 armor remains), Right Leg (7/14 armor remains), Right Arm (1/11 armor remains), Left Leg (12/14 armor remains)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks ???!

S2 Jackrabbit
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 1111
- Fires ER Large Laser at M8 Hammer II (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (2/10 armor remains)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks ???!

End Phase:
M2 Hermes II
- Critical chance in Right Leg! Limb blown off!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): automatic failure!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 base + 1 massive damage + 2 avoiding pilot damage = 8): automatic failure! Pilot hit!
- Must pass a 9+ consciousness test: rolled 10 succeeds!
- Suffers 4 damage to Right Torso (6/10 structure remains) in the fall!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Turn End Phase:
Mj Locust 1 arrives in hex 1701

Mk Locust 2 arrives in hex 1902

A cold sweat ran down the back of Patil Jackson’s neck as her `Mech’s cockpit bounced around her. The heavy strides of her massive war machine kicked up thin, sandy soil and left deep craters in the abrasive pumice that made up the upper ridgeline. Although the ground shook for meters with each footfall, at only twenty tons her Locust was surprisingly stealthy and would be nearly impossible to notice on one of the innumerable seismographs in the area. Unless she tripped on one.

Her secondary monitor showed the crater ahead as a mass of seismic instability. Something bad was happening. She laughed too softly for her external microphones to register, and wished she could run her fingers through her close-cropped black hair. “Tell me something I don’t know, computer,” she murmured.

“What was that?” Her comms crackled.

“Stay with me, King,” she grunted in reply. “We’re almost to Two Lance, but I’m not liking the looks of those rumble-readers. It looks like they’re neck-deep in it too.”

“poo poo.”

“It never rains, King.”

“I’m with you, Jack. Let’s see how second’s been buried in and whether we’ll be enough to dig them out.”

Mission Objective:
Drive Off the 17th Arcturan Guards (5/6)

Secondary Objective:
Destroy or Disable the 17th Arcturan Guards (Failed!)
Destroy or Disable the Unknown `Mechs (1/2)

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A5) B0C-13T Bobcat (ACE) – [+3 jumped]
S1) W1L-3C Coyote – +2 Ran

M1) SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/18 (10/13)
LT R A(S): 1/6
CT A(S): 17/23 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 2/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 0/16 (9/9)
RA A(S): 16/16 (9/9)
LL A(S): 1/16 (13/13)
RL A(S): 14/16 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant S.G. Erasmus Chatzi
Mechwarrior Player: Sair
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Autocannon/5 – LT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM-2 – HD (Heat: 2, Ammo: 43, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

M2) HER-2S Hermes II
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 5/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 7/14 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 8/17 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 0/14 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 0/11 (2/6)
RA A(S): 1/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 0/14 (7/10) Blown off!
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Sergeant Damaris Golde
Mechwarrior Player: Pinguliten
Mechwarrior Status: Broken back, Broken skull (7+)!
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Left Upper Arm Actuator destroyed, Right Leg blown off!
Notes: 1 hand, Prone, Immobile

M3) HMR-2M Hammer 1
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 2/10 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 2/15 (10/10)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 0/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 0/10 (0/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 9/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 5/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6/0!
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Karan Stephanopoulos
Mechwarrior Player: BatteredFeltFedora
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 21, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine hit!

M4) CDA-3C (field refit) Cicada
Weight: 40 tons (Class)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 11/11 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
RA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
LL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 7/11/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Stavros Andreou
Mechwarrior Player: Rhobot Mk. II
Mechwarrior Status: Caught in a cloud of transplex vapor (3+)!
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 M:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – LL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: no arm actuators

M5) HER-1S Hermes
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant J.G. Lycoris Asker
Mechwarrior Player: LeschNyhan
Mechwarrior Status: Flash burns (3+), Killed in Action!
Notes: Destroyed!

M6) VAL-QA Valkyrie
HD A(S): 8/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 7/12 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RT A(S): 2/12 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 9/9 (5/5)
RA A(S): 4/9 (5/5)
LL A(S): 3/12 (7/7)
RL A(S): 12/12 (7/7)
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Hector Halas
Mechwarrior Player: GreyjoyBastard
Armament:
Medium Laser –RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 3, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

M7) SDR-5V Spider
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Flavian Gryphon
Mechwarrior Player: cafel
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+), Killed!
Notes: Destroyed!

M8) HMR-2M Hammer 2
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/10 (0/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 0/15 (7/10)
RT A(S): 2/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 3/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 12 11
Mechwarrior Name: Private Vernados Zane
Mechwarrior Player: Slaan
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: Destroyed!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Gyro hit! Left arm blown off!

M9) Catapult

M10) Stalker

Mj) LCT-1M Locust 1
Weight: 20 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 3/3 (3/3)
LT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 1/1
CT A(S): 2/2 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 1/1
RT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 1/1
LA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
RA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
LL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
RL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
Movement: 8/12/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Patil Jackson
Mechwarrior Player: LeschNyhan
Armament:
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

Mk) LCT-1M Locust 2
Weight: 20 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 3/3 (3/3)
LT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 1/1
CT A(S): 2/2 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 1/1
RT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 1/1
LA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
RA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
LL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
RL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
Movement: 8/12/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Norman King
Mechwarrior Player: Cafel
Armament:
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

17th Arcturan Guards
A1) WLF-1 Wolfhound
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Notes: Fled!

A2) COM-2D Commando
Weight: 25 tons (Light)

A3) CLNT-2-3T Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)

A4) BZK-F2 Hollander
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: KIA!

A5) B0C-13T Bobcat
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
Movement: 6/9/6
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, Retractable Blade
Notes: 1 hand, ACE

A6) GRF-1S Griffin
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)

S1) WIL-3C Coyote
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Armament:
PPC, Medium Laser, Medium Laser, SRM-6, ???

S2) JKR-10R Jackrabbit
Weight: 25 tons (Light)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Got one, Kill the coyote and that rear end in a top hat over there quick!

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

To be fair to Comstar, fighting the Clans makes perfect sense once their objective becomes known. They've demonstrated their ability to use HPG technology perfectly well by themselves, and their average level of tech is far better than the IS general level and even Comstar's. If they succeed then they just end up having Comstar fufill the same role they always have in the IS, except with no ability to pull the plug and thus no power.

I cant disagree with you, since youre pretty much stating cannon BT.

Its just that since i read this thread over a few months, and beefed up on sarna.net, that feeling of deus ex machina i had when i first beat MW2:mercs has come back stronger.

From the scale of forces as given by sarna, the clans can in no way take, hold, and make something of the inner sphere.

Lets remember that the majority of clan warship hulls are infact SLDF relics, refitted. Their capacity to produce the high technology they require is limited. They have laid a few hulls but not many.
Its stated that their entire method of war is intended to cause the least amount of wasted valuable personell or materiel. They fight tribal mock wars to count coup and win status.

My point is, after all ive come to learn about BT recently, i just dont think the clans ever had a hope in hell of acheiving their 'goals'
They could probably destroy each major government in the IS with deep strike tactics via thier massed warfleet, but that is on a planet by planet basis. the attrition levels would eventually destroy the crusdader clans.
This is why the war of refusal happened anyway. Wiser clanners realized the hubris and waste and said it wasnt worth it.

Also since sarna revealed just how much hosed up stuff Comstar did over the previous 250 years with the exact goal of eventually stepping in as kings of space, the thought that they played their only real ace in a mostly altruistic manner is contradictory at least.

In any free for all, the player who can sit and wait for everyone else to deplete themselves wins, thats alls i wanted comstar to do.

I guess im the one guy who kinda likes the WOB concept, but not how it was executed in cannon.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhobot Mk. II
Jan 15, 2008
Mk. II: Bigger, longer, uncut robo-cock.

PoptartsNinja posted:

M4 Cicada
- Attempts to fire PPC at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/3 armor, 0/8 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 11!

:clint: Get off my Caldera.

• Locked thread