Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Slaan posted:

Why does water kill battle armor? They are in suits that are designed to withstand an SRM('s near hit)! Surely a bit of water damage won't hurt them. :psyduck:

Battle armor are very heavy, they sink to the bottom and get caught in the muck and they are slowed to an absolute crawl. (some ba have underwater movement though they are unaffected) they aren't dead but they can't get out of the water for the rest of the fight and several hours. (most rounds conclude in minutes of hectic freeming game time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I thought it was something like that. I forgot that each round is like 10 seconds. It makes sense they would be stuck plowing through mud for an hour to get out of the river.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

Omnis were found to be extremely cost-ineffecient. Great for the Clans, who only have to outfit a few thousand `Mechwarriors. Bad for the Great Houses who have to outfit several hundred thousand.

Certainly for the average line units you wouldn't expect to see Omnis, but it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that they are basically perfect for the smaller elite formations that exist in most Successor state loadouts (I.E. Capellan Warrior Houses) Not to mention, these are the types of formations usually small enough to have far simpler specialized supply lines than huge RCT's or Reserve Cavalry divisions.

There are plenty of "limited production, only goes to the most important unit" type designs already that aren't Omnis. Not to mention the fact that we say in Prototypes that the Inner Sphere is really excited experimenting with the special custom Handheld configurations, which appear to likely be just as much of a nightmare as Omni logistics (most likely more in fact, as there is much less potential for interchangeable parts in custom designed handheld gear)

I mean, the fact of the matter is that clans could only afford to do playground fights because their Omnimechs were so expensive, but the Successor States are big boys with actual infrastructure and boatloads of cash/resources to do dumb poo poo with all the time. It might not be the best idea, but it isn't going to stop the Successor states from continuing to make them in at least limited numbers with the occasional new design. It hasn't stopped them before with god knows how many hilariously bad/overcosted designs or logistical nightmares.

Of course, none of that will change the basic fact that Omni mechs just don't fill as many pages in a Tech Readout as standard designs and that's fine. Though before they go putting magnetic clamps on every other suit of BA I would much rather see more creative/interesting APC type designs built around tranpsorting infantry/BA. It seems like a perfect fit for the new WiGE type vehicles - so hopefully we will see some interesting use of that in the next TRO.

Picard Day fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 12, 2012

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Slaan posted:

Why does water kill battle armor? They are in suits that are designed to withstand an SRM('s near hit)! Surely a bit of water damage won't hurt them. :psyduck:

Yeah there is a lot of weird bullshit like this. Like the bullshit hit-but-no-hit partial cover crap from tacops. Works well enough in an rpg scenario or in this story-driven thread. But when I'm playing matches it pisses me off when I manage to roll a 12 to hit or some poo poo and it gets blocked by terrain.

Or the crazy fragile armor? Tanks aren't worth their BV because they are so drat fragile. On the bright side, people underestimate armor enough that light tanks can be effective.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They might cost more, but consider how much time your techs can shave off doing repair work so you can get out on the field. Damaged weapons, hear sinks, JJs? Swap em out for one that works and repair the busted one later. Takes minutes. If you're just fixing guns and replacing armor, you can have an OmniMech back out on the field in under an hour, rather than the next day.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Also I never really got the clan hate until I started to play matches. 3 'mechs against my 2 lances of heavies and med/lights? Haha chump.

6 rounds later: :stonk:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Oh yeah "The Long Game" (Stay as far away, OUT OF RANGE WITH CLAN ER LARGE, as you can from the guy and plink). the solutions are to be faster than the guy so he can't run or have stealth/c3/tsm or the like because clans don't. The clans do not actually use any special gear other than BA, mechs have 3/4 pilots and arbitrarily better gear but they are actually fairly generic guns guns guns and don't far as well against a tsm hatchet coming in at 7/11 So Surprisingly the faction best suited to mess up clanners are the farthest away (Cap ConFed)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh yeah "The Long Game" (Stay as far away, OUT OF RANGE WITH CLAN ER LARGE, as you can from the guy and plink). the solutions are to be faster than the guy so he can't run or have stealth/c3/tsm or the like because clans don't. The clans do not actually use any special gear other than BA, mechs have 3/4 pilots and arbitrarily better gear but they are actually fairly generic guns guns guns and don't far as well against a tsm hatchet coming in at 7/11 So Surprisingly the faction best suited to mess up clanners are the farthest away (Cap ConFed)

The LC builds stealth armor too, as of 3075. They also get the iHGR, which is the ultimate "No, gently caress YOU!" gun. Weighs 20 tons and gets 4 tons of ammo a shot, but does 22 damage at all ranges.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Omnis were found to be extremely cost-ineffecient.

It's probably dangerous to stray into real world comparisons, but I always thought this was one of the best done things in fluff. Real world tanks are designed to be as modular as possible. Power packs, mine-sweeping equipment, even armor (of certain types) can be added or replaced very quickly. The equipment is also standardized to a high degree, allowing repair crews to remove a working engine from an otherwise totaled tank and mounting it onto another vehicle in a pinch.

Something like this was the original purpose of OmniMech concept. But Clan societies took an unexpected turn to the strange. Rather than utilizing their technology to create a good mass army with as much advantages as possible, they started to value a small elite. Mechs became a vehicle for self-expression, not unlike armor of medieval knights. While results were important, style and panache were even more so. Rather than being weapons of war, they became rituals of mating. Which is very fitting, considering the whole concept of phallic symbols in the first place.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I now feel dirty about my Jade Falcons. Thanks for that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Arquinsiel posted:

I now feel dirty about my Jade Falcons. Thanks for that.

As well you should.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hob_Gadling posted:

It's probably dangerous to stray into real world comparisons, but I always thought this was one of the best done things in fluff. Real world tanks are designed to be as modular as possible. Power packs, mine-sweeping equipment, even armor (of certain types) can be added or replaced very quickly. The equipment is also standardized to a high degree, allowing repair crews to remove a working engine from an otherwise totaled tank and mounting it onto another vehicle in a pinch.

For that reason it's really, really hard to completely total an Abrams tank, you'd basically have to throw the chassis into a metal shredder.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Hob_Gadling posted:

Something like this was the original purpose of OmniMech concept. But Clan societies took an unexpected turn to the strange. Rather than utilizing their technology to create a good mass army with as much advantages as possible, they started to value a small elite. Mechs became a vehicle for self-expression, not unlike armor of medieval knights. While results were important, style and panache were even more so. Rather than being weapons of war, they became rituals of mating. Which is very fitting, considering the whole concept of phallic symbols in the first place.

Technically that's true for standard mechs as well. It's why field refit kits exist (And why it's possible to field refit an engine from a standard to an XL). It's just that Omnis are even quicker at it and feature a 'plug-n-play' interface as well. It's a turn around time of a few hours at most rather than a few days.

Sure you can swap out the power pack for an M1 with a new one, but replacing the gun system would be a lot more difficult.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Orders are in, update will be in about 3 hours unless I gently caress something up.

Kudos, players, I didn't have to get on anyone's case and we're back in the groove!

Edit: My Death-A-Turn prediction is coming true.

Double Edit: 25%/33% chance of a second.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 13, 2012

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Orders are in, update will be in about 3 hours unless I gently caress something up.

Kudos, players, I didn't have to get on anyone's case and we're back in the groove!

Edit: My Death-A-Turn prediction is coming true.

With the Locusts on the field that's hardly a risky bet. Still now I have to keep my fingers crossed that it's not one of the more effective mechs we have in action.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Caldera: Tactical Update 11

Movement Phase
M2 Hermes II
- Makes a careful stand!

Combat Phase
A5 Bobcat
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1308!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at M8 Hammer 2 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/4 armor, 1/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M8 Hammer 2 (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (0/10 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks ???!

M1 Shadow Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/5 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 10!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 12!

M2 Hermes II
- Fires Autocannon/5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (5/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at S1 Coyote (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 10!

M3 Hammer 1
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1703!
- Fires LRM-5 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Right Torso (8/18 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-5 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 3, miss!

M4 Cicada
- Fires PPC at A5 Bobcat! No line-of-sight to target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 11!

M6 Valkyrie
- Fires Medium Laser at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 11!

M8 Hammer 2
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1107!
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 12!

Mj Locust 1
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 1406!
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 5 missiles hit Left Leg (18/28 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S1 Coyote (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

Mk Locust 2
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at S1 Coyote (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

S1 Coyote
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/10 armor, 0/10 structure remains)! Torso destroyed!
- - 1 damage transfers to Center Torso (1/15 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/15 armor 6/10 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at M3 Hammer 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (2/7 structure remains)! Critical chance!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks ???!

End Phase:
M3 Hammer
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Heat Sink destroyed!
- - Ammo hit!
- Suffers 95 damage to Left Torso in an Ammo Explosion (0/7 structure remains)!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/10 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!

“Third Lance! Alright!” Hector Halas cheered over the comms. as Patil’s Locust crested the ridgeline. The little `Mech’s wing-like arms pivoted, tracking for targets as the `Mech took one of those bizarre hop-skips the Locust was famous for—the pilot preparing to charge or bolt depending on what she found over the ridgeline. “Thank god you’re here! Is Charlie’s Stalker close enough for some indirect—”

“Lieutenant,” Patil’s voice cut through Halas’ exuberance. “Reporting in! Third Lance blundered into an ambush, mixed mediums and an unknown heavy. Charlie and Arnaud bought us some time to run for help.”

“The situation’s not good, Jack,” Lieutenant Chatzi replied. “Any idea of third’s status?”

“Not past the jamming, sir.”

Silence lingered for a few moments as the Locusts charged into the fray, unloading flights of LRMs at the closing enemy heavy. They couldn’t hurt it significantly, but they could draw its attention. Chatzi struggled for a moment as the unknown enemy medium touched down in a defile, nearly blocking his line of sight. Its wide-beam PPC caught Zane’s little Hammer square in the back, burning away armor and skeletal steel. Myomer bundles snapped and the Hammer staggered as its gyro skipped; then the little man-shaped `Mech crumpled bonelessly as its torso collapsed into itself.

“Focus on the medium,” Chatzi growled. “We can evade the heavy and ride to Third’s rescue.”

“poo poo,” Halas’ voice crackled quietly, yet just loudly enough to carry. Chatzi squeezed his eyes closed.

“Iron Guard,” he growled. “We’ve never been beaten. I don’t care what it takes, but we’re taking out that medium, rescuing Third lance, and pushing these assholes off our planet.”

Mission Objective:
Drive Off the 17th Arcturan Guards (5/6)

Secondary Objective:
Destroy or Disable the 17th Arcturan Guards (Failed!)
Evade the enemy Heavy `Mech ()

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
A5) B0C-13T Bobcat (ACE) – [+3 jumped]
S1) W1L-3C Coyote – +1 Ran

M1) SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/18 (10/13)
LT R A(S): 1/6
CT A(S): 17/23 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 2/18 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 0/16 (9/9)
RA A(S): 16/16 (9/9)
LL A(S): 1/16 (13/13)
RL A(S): 14/16 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant S.G. Erasmus Chatzi
Mechwarrior Player: Sair
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Autocannon/5 – LT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 11, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
SRM-2 – HD (Heat: 2, Ammo: 42, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

M2) HER-2S Hermes II
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 5/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 7/14 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 8/17 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 0/14 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 0/11 (2/6)
RA A(S): 1/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 0/14 (7/10)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Sergeant Damaris Golde
Mechwarrior Player: Pinguliten
Mechwarrior Status: Broken back, Broken skull (7+)!
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Left Upper Arm Actuator destroyed!
Notes: 1 hand

M3) HMR-2M Hammer 1
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/10 (0/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 0/15 (6/10)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 0/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 0/10 (0/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 9/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 4/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 4/6/0!
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Karan Stephanopoulos
Mechwarrior Player: BatteredFeltFedora
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 19, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Engine hit! Gyro hit! Destroyed!

M4) CDA-3C (field refit) Cicada
Weight: 40 tons (Class)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 11/11 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
RA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
LL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
RL A(S): 6/6 (10/10)
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 7/11/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Stavros Andreou
Mechwarrior Player: Rhobot Mk. II
Mechwarrior Status: Caught in a cloud of transplex vapor (3+)!
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 M:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – LL (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: no arm actuators

M5) HER-1S Hermes
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant J.G. Lycoris Asker
Mechwarrior Player: LeschNyhan
Mechwarrior Status: Flash burns (3+), Killed in Action!
Notes: Destroyed!

M6) VAL-QA Valkyrie
HD A(S): 8/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 7/12 (7/7)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 2/12 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 9/9 (5/5)
RA A(S): 4/9 (5/5)
LL A(S): 3/12 (7/7)
RL A(S): 12/12 (7/7)
Heat Sinks: 11
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Hector Halas
Mechwarrior Player: GreyjoyBastard
Armament:
Medium Laser –RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM-10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 3, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)

M7) SDR-5V Spider
Mechwarrior Name: PFC Flavian Gryphon
Mechwarrior Player: cafel
Mechwarrior Status: 2nd degree burns (3+), Killed!
Notes: Destroyed!

M8) HMR-2M Hammer 2
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 0/10 (0/7)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 0/15 (0/10)
CT R A(S): 0/4
RT A(S): 2/10 (7/7)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
RA A(S): 10/10 (5/5)
LL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
RL A(S): 14/14 (7/7)
Heat: 3/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 12 11
Mechwarrior Name: Private Vernados Zane
Mechwarrior Player: Slaan
Armament:
LRM-5 – RT (Heat: 2, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – LT (Heat: 2, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: Destroyed!)
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Gyro hit! Left arm blown off! Destroyed!

M9) Catapult

M10) Stalker

Mj) LCT-1M Locust 1
Weight: 20 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 3/3 (3/3)
LT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 1/1
CT A(S): 2/2 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 1/1
RT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 1/1
LA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
RA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
LL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
RL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
Movement: 8/12/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Patil Jackson
Mechwarrior Player: LeschNyhan
Armament:
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

Mk) LCT-1M Locust 2
Weight: 20 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 3/3 (3/3)
LT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
LT R A(S): 1/1
CT A(S): 2/2 (6/6)
CT R A(S): 1/1
RT A(S): 2/2 (5/5)
RT R A(S): 1/1
LA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
RA A(S): 1/1 (3/3)
LL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
RL A(S): 1/1 (4/4)
Movement: 8/12/0
Mechwarrior Name: Private Norman King
Mechwarrior Player: Cafel
Armament:
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM-5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

17th Arcturan Guards
A1) WLF-1 Wolfhound
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Notes: Fled!

A2) COM-2D Commando
Weight: 25 tons (Light)

A3) CLNT-2-3T Clint
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)

A4) BZK-F2 Hollander
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: KIA!

A5) B0C-13T Bobcat
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
Movement: 6/9/6
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, Retractable Blade
Notes: 1 hand, ACE

A6) GRF-1S Griffin
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)

S1) WIL-3C Coyote
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Armament:
PPC, Medium Laser, Medium Laser, SRM-6, ???

S2) JKR-10R Jackrabbit
Weight: 25 tons (Light)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 13, 2012

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Goddamn goonlance is having some poo poo luck this game.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Don't lose hope, Battletech can still happen at any time!

Also, a few hits to the left leg and you'll mission kill the Bobcat.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Ouch, not quite the turn I was hoping for. If only I had CLRM's planning moves would be a lot easier. Still can't let down the impeccable history of the Iron Guard.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
You guys still have a great shot at completing the mission even with your two best mechs down, but I am starting to doubt your ability to finish off any secondary objectives. Those Hammers were a huge chunk of your firepower.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

You guys still have a great shot at completing the mission even with your two best mechs down, but I am starting to doubt your ability to finish off any secondary objectives. Those Hammers were a huge chunk of your firepower.

It seems like the secondary objective has possibly shifted to retreat? Even then against a non-Ace I think we'd have a decent shot. It would just take a really long time.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
PTN, could you please clarify where the Coyote was twisting to hit? Also which Hammer got the three criticals resolved at the end of the combat phase, because I think that was me, M3, not M8.

VV Thank you!

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 14, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
He didn't torso twist, and fixed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I begin to doubt my capability to use up all my LRM ammo.

I mean, I guess I could start hunting the Coyote, but one good LRM salvo on the Bobcat might win us the match.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Could always be suicidal stand still for a turn. I'm still targeting the Bobcat randomly, so there's a good chance it won't jump next to you.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PoptartsNinja posted:

M1 Shadow Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/5 at A5 Bobcat (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at S2 Jackrabbit (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 12): rolled 10!
This is actually firing everything at the Bobcat right?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

This is actually firing everything at the Bobcat right?

That looks like everything except the LRMs, but if you need 12's to hit with SRMs then your LRMs are going to need 16s to hit, which is impossible. I am a little confused why the SRM's needed a 12 but the Medium Laser needed an 11. Doesn't matter, though. You would have missed with both.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

:siren:

I've decided to support a Goonlance gang tag. If you make a cool one, not only will I use it and upload it so others can to, you'll get to wear it yourself, courtesy of Defiance Industries and his bank account.

The contest runs, uh, until I get a few.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I have no photoshop ability, but someone needs to take the dragonlance logo and change dragon to goon.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Defiance Industries posted:

I've decided to support a Goonlance gang tag. If you make a cool one, not only will I use it and upload it so others can to, you'll get to wear it yourself, courtesy of Defiance Industries and his bank account.

Something with an Urbie seems to be a must for Goons.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Defiance Industries posted:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Hauptmann really is the most badass looking 'mech in all possible situations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nevets with the first entry.

DEAL WITH IT, it compels us. And does not Goonlance "deal with it" when things go bad? By doing a weird crab dance on the hull of a DropShip or challenging Clanners to boxing matches?

(Don't worry, I'll do this for all of them).

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Maybe someone should add a "goonlance." in text in the bottom corner for the last couple frames?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Maybe someone should add a "goonlance." in text in the bottom corner for the last couple frames?

I like the way you think.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Arcturas posted:

That looks like everything except the LRMs, but if you need 12's to hit with SRMs then your LRMs are going to need 16s to hit, which is impossible. I am a little confused why the SRM's needed a 12 but the Medium Laser needed an 11. Doesn't matter, though. You would have missed with both.
Point was the Jackrabbit is already dead.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

The best faction for messing up Clanners is the Manei Domini. They have literally every trick that the Clanners find hard to deal with. And also, a MD in a Longinus is almost as good as an Elemental.

And better pilots.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'd wear that with pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'd take a hack at it but all I'm good at is lovely, lovely MS Paint croppings. Maybe I can talk my best friend (also a goon) into giving it a try...

• Locked thread