Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
Against DHS mechs infernos lose a lot of their punch. Also inferno LRMs aren't actually a thing I think, thunder inferno is but I'm not sure that's what you guys want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Krumbsthumbs posted:

I'd say half the people on the list have never played tabletop mechwarrior before. Take a chance and try it out, a google doc does wonders for organizing everyone and the more experienced among the group can help everyone else.

Also MegaMek exists, so you can manually check how a move might go.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Glorious misinformation removed.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 26, 2012

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You should get 1 ton of inferno and the rest in ilk for srms, do not get inferno lrms because I don't think ptn is giving them. With all the nonmech assets on the field infernos are good to have. (good chance to instant kill non flameproof elementals, and they tend to cripple tanks and vtols.)

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

AtomikKrab posted:

You should get 1 ton of inferno and the rest in ilk for srms, do not get inferno lrms because I don't think ptn is giving them. With all the nonmech assets on the field infernos are good to have. (good chance to instant kill non flameproof elementals, and they tend to cripple tanks and vtols.)

If, on the off chance, you can get inferno LRMs then you might as well get some because the rules for infernos are obviously balanced only for SRM tube numbers. Lobbing 10/20 of them at a target will be hilarious to watch.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Zaodai posted:

That's because Mechwarrior doesn't model the bullshit tabletop rules that use magic plot armor to protect the engine and rotors of helicopters and poo poo. So you're so good you break the laws of reality to blow them up.

It also doesn't give them anything close to the speed that they should have.

Hilariously though the Peregrine is better in MW4 than TT.

Magni posted:

Which is exactly why playing the WhipIts is awesome. Though Ace tends to get his ride ruined rather very often due to this. Still, nothing like watching a single Panther painted in hot pink being chased by a whole company of heavies and assaults with murder in their eyes.

Another glorious thing the Jihad ruined.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Longinus00 posted:

If, on the off chance, you can get inferno LRMs then you might as well get some because the rules for infernos are obviously balanced only for SRM tube numbers. Lobbing 10/20 of them at a target will be hilarious to watch.

Remember, maximum heat gain from outside sources is 15.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

KnoxZone posted:

You are now responsible for the finest piece of Star League tech this side of Terra. Make me proud.

Now charge the biggest Clanner you can find and break Knox's heart.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

landcollector posted:

Neither vehicles nor infantry track heat.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

landcollector posted:

:science: But vees and infantry cannot gain heat. So instead they have horrific things happen to them. (crew killed is a fun one. Completely intact tank otherwise, crew melted... = FREE TANK)

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

:science: But vees and infantry cannot gain heat. So instead they have horrific things happen to them. (crew killed is a fun one. Completely intact tank otherwise, crew melted... = FREE TANK)

And think of the tech in that salvage. An intact Mars contains Artemis IV, LB-X AC, ER Las, and streak SRM technology. The Hephaestus tanks have pulse lasers and TAGs. It's not the same as schematics, but I'd hope the Capellans could get quite a boost from working examples of all of that.

We should try to kill the Mars with only flamers and infernos. Mmmm BBQ.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Do we have access to inferno LRMs?

No.

Inferno SRMs are fine, though--just remember, they're extremely heat-sensitive.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

No.

Inferno SRMs are fine, though--just remember, they're extremely heat-sensitive.

You're saying we should bring as many as possible for the push on Mt. Gila, right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

You're saying we should bring as many as possible for the push on Mt. Gila, right?

Indeed I am.

Also, I may have slightly overestimated how tough the Hephaestus is. Or underestimated how many crits Affi would score goddamn.

Edit: Also, Brandy Collins has given me permission to roll in a Star of Eponas next turn. :p

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 26, 2012

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Indeed I am.

Also, I may have slightly overestimated how tough the Hephaestus is. Or underestimated how many crits Affi would score goddamn.

Hell yes. Affi is definitely our best stalker. And I mean that in the most loving way possible.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

Affi posted:

I am going to get the most kills this mission or die trying. Run hot or go home.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Crits are the bane of all vehicles, of course. It's why I really dislike the super-heavy tanks: despite having like 50 frontal armor, they often die from the second or third shot they take... and being slow, they take a lot of shots.

When I field armor I like zippy hovertanks with low BV and something nice for shooting a mech in the back with, or artillery-tanks you can park outside of the mech's range and plink away at them with.

Of course the Hephaestus is one of those, but it unfortunately didn't get a chance to zoom enough and/or we have really good shootin' pilots which negates the usual advantage they get (of being hard enough to hit that an opponent has to consider if it's worth directing a mech's fire at it).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 26, 2012

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm a Badger and Savanna Master man. Swarming people with tons of srms on tracks or run them over with the SM.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Indeed I am.

Edit: Also, Brandy Collins has given me permission to roll in a Star of Eponas next turn. :p

Bring em on, we could use a team of draft horses for a chariot we're building from clan tech.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Really, no light tank or VTOL is going to survive long against elite pilots. Heavy tanks are lucky that the players don't have LB/10 yet, but are still going to get shredded by LRM and PPC fire.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Oh my, I love Eponas. I was a little disappointed when none showed up in the initial enemy lineup, but it seems that all is well now!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ahaha, oh that's beautiful.

Edit: Time to see whether the forums can handle an entire company worth of BOLD.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 27, 2012

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ahaha, oh that's beautiful.

Edit: Time to see whether the forums can handle an entire company worth of BOLD.

I fear we just lost a lance due to crits and ammo explosions.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hard Landing: Tactical Update 2

Movement Phase
Y5 Cataphract
- Must pass a skidding test (2 base = 2): automatic success!

Y7 Charger
- Must pass a skidding test (2 base = 2): automatic success!

Combat Phase
Y1 Stalker
- Fires Large Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Side (12/20 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Large Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Side (4/20 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Medium Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Front (15/20 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Medium Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 8): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Right Side (2/20 armor remains (critical hit!)), Turret (16/18 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 8): rolled 8, 5 missiles hit Right Side (0/20 armor remains (critical hit!)). Turret (14/18 armor remains), Turret (12/18 armor remains), Turret (10/18 armor remains), Right Side (1/3 structure remains (Two critical hits!))!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 30!

Y2 Battlemaster
- Fires Medium Laser at T4 Hephaestus (Prime) 2 (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear (13/18 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Medium Laser at T4 Hephaestus (Prime) 2 (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, Rear (8/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at T4 Hephaestus (Prime) 2 (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, Left Side (15/20 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Medium Laser at T4 Hephaestus (Prime) 2 (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, Rear (3/18 armor remains)!
- Fires PPC at T4 Hephaestus (Prime) 2 (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 6): rolled 8, Rear (0/3 armor, 0/3 structure remains)! Tank destroyed!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 27!

Y3 Crockett
- Target destroyed!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 22!

Y4 Atlas
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

Y5 Cataphract
- Primary target destroyed!
- Fires PPC at V3 (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 24!

Y6 Archer
- Fires LRM-20 at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 8): rolled 10, 9 missiles hit Front (11/20 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 15!

Y7 Charger
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 19!

Y8 Flashman
- Fires Large Laser at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 11, hit Front (3/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 30!

Y9 Raven
- Fires Medium Laser at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Front (11/16 armor remains)
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Rotors (2/3 armor remains) Critical hit! Donar slowed!
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 18!

Y10 Po 1
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 7, 10 missiles hit Front (6/16 armor remains), Front (1/16 armor remains)!
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Flamer at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, Rotors (1/3 armor remains)! Donar slowed!
- Fires Flamer at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Front (0/16 armor, 2/3 structure remains)! Critical hit!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 18!

Y11 Po 2
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 8, 8 missiles hit Front (0/3 structure remains)! VTOL destroyed!
- Fires MRM-10 at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 6): target destroyed!
- Fires Flamer at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): target destroyed!
- Fires Flamer at V2 Donar 2 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): target destroyed!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 18!

Y12 Phoenix Hawk
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 15!

H1 Thresher
- Swaps to Inferno Ammunition!

H2 Jenner IIC
- Swaps to Inferno Ammunition!

H3 Incubus
- Holds fire!

H4 Incubus 2
- Fires ER PPC at Y6 Archer (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (9/24 armor remains)!

H5 Warhammer IIC
- Holds fire!

T3 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Y1 Stalker (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Y1 Stalker (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (29/36 armor remains)!
- Fires TAG at Y1 Stalker (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, Y1 Stalker TAGGED!

T4 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Y6 Archer (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (15/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Y6 Archer (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (8/22 armor remains)!
- Fires TAG at Y6 Archer (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, Y6 Archer TAGGED!

T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A)
- Fires LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV at Y6 Archer (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 15 missiles hit Left Torso (19/24 armor remains), Left Torso (14/24 armor remains), Right Arm (17/22 armor remains)!

T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B)
- Holds fire!

T1 Mars Assault Vehicle
- Holds fire!

T2 Athena Combat Vehicle
- Holds fire!

V1 Donar 1
- Holds fire!

V2 Donar 2
- Fires ER Large Laser at Y10 Po 1 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Y10 Po 1 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (13/15 armor remains), Left Torso (11/15 armor remains (Through-Armor Critical!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Y10 Po 1 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (12/14 armor remains (Through-Armor Critical!)), Center Torso (16/18 armor remains (Through-Armor Critical!))!

V3 Donar 3
- Holds fire!

V4 Anhur Gunship
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage! -1 cruising MP, +2 modifier to driving rolls!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor damage! +1 modifier to driving rolls!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage! -1 cruising MP, +2 modifier to driving rolls!
- Critical Hit in Right Side! Crew stunned!
- Critical Hit in Right Side! Cargo hit! 4 tons of Clan Pride destroyed!

Y6 Archer
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 2, fails!
- - Suffers 5 damage to Right Leg in the fall (21/26 armor remains)!
- - Suffers 2 damage to Right Leg in the fall (19/26 armor remains)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (2 base + 1 massive damage + 1 avoiding pilot damage = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Y10 Po 1
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Foot actuator destroyed!
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 foot actuator destroyed = 3): rolled 4, succeeds!

Star Commander Wilberforce had problems. A dozen of them, according to his perimeter scouts; but the worst was the painful cramp that had once been his stomach. Cold fear threatened to disembowel him as it had the day his trainers at the sibko had decided him unfit for a front line assignment. As it had the first time he’d seen combat. By all accounts, his bloodline should have been a brilliant one—the merging of two cadet lines, true, but from such genetic stock that the outcome should have been unquestionable. Only one member of his Sibko had qualified for duty on in a line cluster. The rest, perhaps due to some unforeseen genetic anomaly, had been relegated to the tank corps. The Hell’s Horses wasted nothing, not even their failures.

Wilberforce didn’t shake, he didn’t cringe or cower and stared at the approaching enemy BattleMechs with a stoicism that should have done him proud. Yet that fear gnawed at him and, were he assigned to a gun or worse, the driver’s chair, he would have already fallen apart. Only here in the commander’s chair of his mighty Mars Assault Vehicle surrounded by freeborn warriors who should have been as the sand beneath his feet, where the battle could be decided by his intellect alone, could he function.

Wilberforce was the last Trueborn who would claim superiority over the brave Freeborn Clansmen who took up arms to protect the Clan way of life. They were honorable, reliable, capable men and women. Constance’s Hephaestus flashed black and then vanished from his maps.

They were also dying.

“Snorri!” He called to his radio operator. “I want the enemy’s broadcast frequencies and I want them now!”

“I have them, sir!” Snorri replied in confusion. She spun, shaking her head to kick long flaxen hair—shaved at either side—from her eyes. “We are listening in on their communications. Only—” The Lance of flat-black light and medium `Mechs wheeled about, entering into an echelon formation that would’ve done a Clan parade review proud. “—they are not saying anything!”

“Star Colonel Chiang was right,” Wilberforced growled. An enemy Archer staggered as an ER PPC burned away one of the heavily-armored hatches protecting its vulnerable LRM tubes. The Archer staggered, then stumbled as its gyro seized up for a few moments. “These are no bandits. Broadcast to all units! Form up, and prepare for a concerted counterattack, and politely ask Star Commander Gray to do likewise. This enemy may be good, but they remain Spheroids.”

Mission Objective:

Destroy All Clan Forces (2/15)
OR
Destroy All Tyre Aerospace Fighters (0/6)

Key:
Y1 Stalker, Y2 Battlemaster, Y3 Crockett, Y4 Atlas
Y5 Cataphract, Y6 Archer, Y7 Charger, Y8 Flashman
Y9 Raven, Y10 Po 1, Y11 Po 2, Y12 Phoenix Hawk

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
H1 Thresher: +0 Ran
H2 Jenner IIC: +4 Jumped
H3 Incubus: +3 Ran
H4 Incubus 2: +4 Ran
H5 Warhammer IIC: +2 Ran
T1 Mars Assault Vehicle: +0 Flanked
T2 Athena Combat Vehicle: +2 Flanked
T3 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 1: +0 Crew Stunned
T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A): +2 Flanked
T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B): +2 Flanked
V1 Donar 1: +3 Flanked (Height 3)
V3 Donar 3: +4 Flanked (Height 3)
V4 Anhur Assault Helicopter: +0 Hovered (Height 3)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 27, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Y1 STLK-3F Stalker
Weight: 85 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 7/7
CT A(S): 29/36 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 7/7
LA A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
RA A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
LL A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RL A(S): 18/25 (18/18)
Heat: 2/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 20[30]
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Cong Tsui
Mechwarrior Player: Affi
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 30, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-10 – RA (Heat: 6, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-10 – LA (Heat: 6, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

Y2 BLR-1G Battlemaster
LT A(S): 28/28 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 40/40 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 28/28 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (14/14)
RA A(S): 24/24 (14/14)
LL A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
RL A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
Heat: 0/30
Heat Sinks: 18[27]
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Urjasz Sobczak
Mechwarrior Player: Remora
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: 100, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 30, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Y3 CRK-5003-0 Crockett
LT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 11/11
CT A(S): 35/35 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 19/19
RT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 11/11
LA A(S): 28/28 (14/14)
RA A(S): 28/28 (14/14)
LL A(S): 36/36 (18/18)
RL A(S): 36/36 (18/18)
Heat Sinks: 15[22]
Movement: 3/5/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery1
Mechwarrior Name: Ho He
Mechwarrior Player: Brandy Collins
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – LA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 30, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/10 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

Y4 AS7-DC Atlas
Weight: 100 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 32/32 (21/21)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 47/47 (31/31)
CT R A(S): 14/14
RT A(S): 32/32 (21/21)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
LL A(S): 41/41 (21/21)
RL A(S): 41/41 (21/21)
Heat Sinks: 20[30]
Movement: 3/5[6]/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Terrace Williams
Mechwarrior Player: Krumbsthumbs
Armament:
iLK MRM-40 – LT (Heat: 12, Ammo: 12, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 16, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7 Min:2), Status: OK!)

Y5 CTF-1X Cataphract
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 16/16 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (22/22)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 16/16 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 22/22 (11/11)
RA A(S): 22/22 (11/11)
LL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 16[24]
Mechwarrior Name: Reece Collier
Mechwarrior Player: radintorov
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/10 – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

Y6 ARC-2R Archer
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 14/24 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 33/33 (22/22)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 9/24 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 8/22 (11/11)
RA A(S): 17/22 (11/11)
LL A(S): 26/26 (15/15)
RL A(S): 19/26 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 10[15]
Mechwarrior Name: Lukas Boehm
Mechwarrior Player: landcollector
Armament:
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-20 – RT (Heat: 6, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-20 – LT (Heat: 6, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)

Y7 CGR-1A5 Charger
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 26/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 39/39 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 26/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (13/13)
RA A(S): 24/24 (13/13)
LL A(S): 33/33 (17/17)
RL A(S): 33/33 (17/17)
Heat Sinks: 13[19]
Mechwarrior Name: Iskander Vassiliev
Mechwarrior Player: SageSepth
Armament:
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)

Y8 FLSH-8K Flashman
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 25/25 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 27/27 (16/16)
RL A(S): 27/27 (16/16)
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Xiang Yi
Mechwarrior Player: AJ_Impy
Armament:
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – CT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Flamer – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12, Range: (S:1), Status: OK!)

Y9 RVN-1DC Raven
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
LT A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 13/13 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 8/8 (6/6)
RA A(S): 8/8 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
RL A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
Heat Sinks: 12[18]
Mechwarrior Name: Nkiruka Olisaemeka
Mechwarrior Player: WolfhoundFC
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Searchlight – LA (Status: OK!)
Recon Camera – LA (Status: OK!)
Beagle Active Probe – LT (Range: (S:6), Status: OK!)

Y10 PO-2L Po 1
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 11/15 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 16/18 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Mechwarrior Name: Louw Bouman
Mechwarrior Player: Rivensteel
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Left Foot Actuator Destroyed!

Y11 PO-2L Po 2
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
CT A(S): 18/18 (12/12)
RT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Mechwarrior Name: Ethan Parkinson
Mechwarrior Player: Leperflesh
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)

Y12 PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 18/18 (11/11)
CT A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
RT A(S): 18/18 (11/11)
LA A(S): 10/10 (7/7)
RA A(S): 10/10 (7/7)
LL A(S): 15/15 (11/11)
RL A(S): 15/15 (11/11)
Heat Sinks: 10[15]
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior Name: Zdenko Horvat
Mechwarrior Player: Mezzanon
Armament:
Machine Gun – RA (Ammo: 100, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)

H1 Thresher
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Tidus
Armament:
Autocannon/10, 3x Medium Laser, 2x SRM-6

H2 Jenner IIC
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Movement: 9/14/7
Mechwarrior Name: Kharisa
Armament:
2x SRM-6, 1x SRM-4

H3 Incubus
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Donovan
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser, 4x Machine Gun

H4 Incubus 2
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Miranda
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, 4x Machine Gun
Critical Damage:[/b] None!

H5 Warhammer IIC
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Lucas
Armament:
2x PPC, 5x Medium Laser, SRM-6

T1 Mars Assault Vehicle
Weight: 100 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 2/3
Crew: Driving 4, Gunnery 3
Motive System Damage: None!
Armament:
Large Laser, Gauss Rifle, 2x Machine Gun, Autocannon/10, 3x LRM-15, 2x SRM-6
Notes:

T2 Athena Combat Vehicle
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 3/5
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 2x Medium Laser, 2x Machine Gun, LRM-10
Notes:

T3 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 1
Movement: 6/9
Motive System Damage: Movement reduced, +5 penalty to driving!
Critical Damage: Crew stunned!
Armament:
2x Medium Laser, TAG, Active Probe, ECM Suite
Notes: 4 ton infantry bay, ECM removes iLK benefits

T4 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 2

T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A)
Movement: 8/12
Armament:
1x LRM-15, Small Laser, Active Probe
Notes: 4 ton infantry bay, ECM removes iLK benefits

T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B)
Armament:
2x Medium Laser, SRM-6, Active Probe
Notes: 4 ton infantry bay

V1 Donar Assault Helicopter 1
Weight: 21 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 9/14
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x SRM-2
Notes:

V2 Donar Assault Helicopter 2

V3 Donar Assault Helicopter 3
Movement: 9/14
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x SRM-2
Notes:

V4 Anhur Assault Helicopter
Weight: 30 tons (Heavy)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, ECM Suite
Notes: ECM removes iLK benefits

F1-F6 Tyre Aerospace Fighter
Weight: 55 tons
Damage Threshhold: 35

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 27, 2012

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I see a Jenner IIC that should get punched next round. :neckbeard:

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I'm confused, I count 29 hexes between the H3 Incubus and Y6 Archer that last round. How did he get hit? Or does the Clan have ace status?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

That could have gone better.

At least that JIIC is suicidal. Although this means the entire Assault Lance will have to worry about infernos.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 27, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
^^^ Solamha `Mechwarrior. Think of the GloryShame if he lives!

Rivensteel posted:

I'm confused, I count 29 hexes between the H3 Incubus and Y6 Archer that last round. How did he get hit? Or does the Clan have ace status?

I attributed the PPC to the wrong Incubus. H4 took the shot.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Ouch three TAC's, luckily they didn't do much damage. And ERPPC's are clearly bullshit, that shot basically crossed the entire map!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Alright, time for a little tactical analysis:

That turn did not go very well at all, but it very accurately portrays the sheer bullshit of Clantech. Unsurprisingly the primary targets died, but now that Archer has to play scared as a single PPC/Gauss/LLas/UAC10 can punch through that torso and hit the ammo bin. The Po isn't in great shape either, as that foot crit removes its best form of defense (speed).

Protect these two assets for the rest of the fight. It is easier to repair armor damage and actuator crits than it is to salvage a dead mech. Kill the Jenner, but note that it is currently packing infernos. iHS will help mitigate the risk, but don't overheat yourself, especially if you have ammo. Be wary of the Thresher also, it might not look like much, but it is a very capable Clan heavy. Especially when it is packing infernos.

Arraxis
Jul 10, 2012
That Jenner is in an annoying position, however. Sure, it will certainly die, but it is going to slow down the heaviest lance. It reminds me of the Luthien mission with the Panther a bit, although this time it isn't blocking the way completely.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Arraxis posted:

That Jenner is in an annoying position, however. Sure, it will certainly die, but it is going to slow down the heaviest lance. It reminds me of the Luthien mission with the Panther a bit, although this time it isn't blocking the way completely.

Or, for that matter, the 'stravag Jenner' blocking someone's assault path.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

KnoxZone posted:

That turn did not go very well at all, but it very accurately portrays the sheer bullshit of Clantech. Unsurprisingly the primary targets died, but now that Archer has to play scared as a single PPC/Gauss/LLas/UAC10 can punch through that torso and hit the ammo bin. The Po isn't in great shape either, as that foot crit removes its best form of defense (speed).

Protect these two assets for the rest of the fight. It is easier to repair armor damage and actuator crits than it is to salvage a dead mech.

Seconding this. Archer and Po 1, defensive movement and positioning are your new top priorities. Archer's TAGged, though, which might make defensive movement and positioning a moot point in a few turns. :ohdear:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Good god that Donar got 3 2's.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

“Snorri!” He called to his radio operator. “I want the enemy’s broadcast frequencies and I want them now!”

“I have them, sir!” Snorri replied in confusion. She spun, shaking her head to kick long flaxen hair—shaved at either side—from her eyes. “We are listening in on their communications. Only—” The Lance of flat-black light and medium `Mechs wheeled about, entering into an echelon formation that would’ve done a Clan parade review proud. “—they are not saying anything!”

Death speaks through actions, not words. :black101:

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
drat, the tank was dead before I got there :( at least PtN was kind enough not to have me waste ammo on a corpse.

EDIT: Orders sent in PtN

SageSepth fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 27, 2012

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

KnoxZone posted:

Alright, time for a little tactical analysis:

Protect these two assets for the rest of the fight. It is easier to repair armor damage and actuator crits than it is to salvage a dead mech. Kill the Jenner, but note that it is currently packing infernos. iHS will help mitigate the risk, but don't overheat yourself, especially if you have ammo. Be wary of the Thresher also, it might not look like much, but it is a very capable Clan heavy. Especially when it is packing infernos.

Let the Archer fall back to do fire support with the Raven acting as a spotter.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Can he safely dump that ammo? Might it be worth the inconvenience to cut those losses now? Not like he's got CASE.

Arraxis posted:

That's exactly the flashback it gave me, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Mary Annette posted:

Seconding this. Archer and Po 1, defensive movement and positioning are your new top priorities. Archer's TAGged, though, which might make defensive movement and positioning a moot point in a few turns. :ohdear:

That doesn't last past the firing phase. Every turn they'll have to reTAG.

Chronojam posted:

Can he safely dump that ammo? Might it be worth the inconvenience to cut those losses now? Not like he's got CASE.

No reason to dump ammo yet. Just make sure to not be in front drawing all the shots.

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 27, 2012

• Locked thread