Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

We're not actually past the deadline yet, he's just letting us know who's left, I believe.

That's correct, it's just a warning in case someone thought they had orders in but really didn't. I'm still hoping to see turnaround faster than 72 hours, but with a full company of `Mechs it's bound to take a while.

Edit:
Lance 2 earns two points towards the 'most prompt' achievement, for getting their orders in first. The lance with the highest 'promptness' score at the end of the mission will earn kudos and some bonus armor repair (whether they need it or not).

Double Edit: We're only missing Y12 now, so the pace is looking pretty good. Player maneuvering makes me wish I'd bid some off-map artillery.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mezzanon last said in the doc "Mezzanon (y12) K I’ll go to 2229 I’ll send my orders in in the morning". Dunno when his morning is though.

Yeah we're trying hard not to get spread out, we're skirting the edges of a lot of clanner range brackets and we don't want to offer them unnecessary targets while we move, so it's keeping us bunched up a bit. I'm sure in a turn or two it'll get more chaotic but we'd be really vulnerable to artillery fire if there were any.

Actually we thought there might be anyway, since you have TAGgers.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit:
Lance 2 earns two points towards the 'most prompt' achievement, for getting their orders in first. The lance with the highest 'promptness' score at the end of the mission will earn kudos and some bonus armor repair (whether they need it or not).

This is a great idea and I heartily approve.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Tag (and the Raven's recon camera) lets you spot for indirect fire and fire weapons in the same turn without giving another penalty to the LRM battery you're spotting for. It's very useful.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Mezzanon last said in the doc "Mezzanon (y12) K I’ll go to 2229 I’ll send my orders in in the morning". Dunno when his morning is though.

Yeah we're trying hard not to get spread out, we're skirting the edges of a lot of clanner range brackets and we don't want to offer them unnecessary targets while we move, so it's keeping us bunched up a bit. I'm sure in a turn or two it'll get more chaotic but we'd be really vulnerable to artillery fire if there were any.

Orders in, work has been ruling my life lately, but I have a couple days off on the way!

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit:

We will need it.

Also, I'm glad our maneuvers look pretty, if not functional.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hooray, I made it to the end of the thread!

Boo, I made it to the end of the thread :smith:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Cowcaster posted:

Hooray, I made it to the end of the thread!

Boo, I made it to the end of the thread :smith:

Rejoice! For now you can join in the real-time trepidation to see which goon will be first to catch a cERPPC through the cockpit!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Assault Lance, I'm going to snicker quietly if you didn't commit enough firepower to actually kill the Jenner IIC this turn.

Edit:
Heh.

Double edit:
Ahaha, BattleTech.

VVV The Jenner IIC isn't. The Jenner has better armor.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 31, 2012

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Clan mechs are durable buggers. There is no such thing as overkill when dealing with them. Never forget this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Battletech gonna battletech is all I can say.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

Battletech gonna battletech is all I can say.

It's always nice/unpleasant when a low-value unit does something unexpectedly useful/painful, even if I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose it in the physical attack phase. It's like Chess where an out-of-position pawn can still score a critical hit when the Queen takes it.

Edit:
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 31, 2012

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Assault Lance, I'm going to snicker quietly if you didn't commit enough firepower to actually kill the Jenner IIC this turn.

I will snicker too.

No wait, not snicker. What's the word I'm looking for?

Cry! That's it! I will cry.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit:

This does not fill me with confidence.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit:

Being on the player side of these is kinda stressful, not as funny when it could be your mech getting headshot :(

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

SO which assault mech alpha'd and is now ammo exploding from infernos?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
True exiled Death Commandos will not fear PTN's dastardly comments, as they only expect one thing; they expect to die. :colbert:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

True exiled Death Commandos will not fear PTN's dastardly comments, as they only expect one thing; they expect to die. :colbert:

I guess I'm a true exiled DC then, as I'm fully expecting an ER-PPC bolt to hit my torso and cause my missile bins to explode this turn.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Should have dumped that ammo :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hard Landing: Tactical Update 3

Movement Phase
Y1 Stalker
- Must pass skidding test (2 base - 1 distance = 1): automatic success!
- Must pass skidding test (2 base - 1 distance = 1): automatic success!

Y6 Archer
- Attempts to stand (2 base = 2): automatic success!

Combat Phase
Y1 Stalker
- Fires SRM-6 at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 3): rolled 10, 3 missiles hit Turret (8/10 armor remains), Right Side (0/3 structure remains (Vehicle destroyed!), Vehicle Destroyed!
- Fires SRM-6 at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 3): rolled 4, 5 missiles hit Vehicle Destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 7, Vehicle Destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at T3 Hephaestus (Prime) 1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 10, Vehicle Destroyed!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 30!

Y2 Battlemaster
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0430
- Fires PPC at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 3 minimum range = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (1/6 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Head (2/7 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (1/6 armor remains)!
- Fires Machine Gun at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (6/8 armor remains)!
- Fires Machine Gun at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 27!

Y3 Crockett
- Fires Autocannon/10 at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/3 armor remains)!
- Fires Small Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (10/13 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 0 iLK in ECM = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 22!

Y4 Atlas
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (5/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (0/13 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at H2 Jenner IIC (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (0/3 armor, 4/6 structure remains (Critical chance!))!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 30!

Y5 Cataphract
- Fires PPC at H5 Warhammer IIC (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 24!

Y6 Archer
- Attempts to fire on H1 Thresher! No Line-of-Sight to target!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 15!

Y7 Charger
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 19!

Y8 Flashman
- Fires Large Laser at H5 Warhammer IIC (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (22/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at T5 Hephaestus (A) (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 30!

Y9 Raven
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 18!

Y10 Po 1
- Holds fire!

Y11 Po 2
- Holds fire!

Y12 Phoenix Hawk
- Attempts to fire Large Laser at H1 Thresher, target has total cover (1 light woods + 1 heavy woods)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 15!

H1 Thresher
- Holds fire!

H2 Jenner IIC
- Swaps to Standard Ammunition!
- Fires SRM-6 at Y4 Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, 5 missiles hit Left Torso (30/32 armor remains), Right Torso (30/32 armor remains), Right Torso (28/32 armor remains), Right Arm (32/34 armor remains), Left Leg (39/41 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Y4 Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Y4 Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (45/47 armor remains (Through-Armor Critical Chance!), Right Leg (39/41 armor remains), Left Leg (37/41 armor remains), Right Torso (26/32 armor remains)!

H3 Incubus
- Holds fire!

H4 Incubus 2
- Holds fire!

H5 Warhammer IIC
- Fires ER PPC at Y6 Archer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Y6 Archer (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (18/33 armor remains)!

T3 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 1
- Unable to fire!

T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A)
- No line of sight to target!

T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B)
- Fires TAG at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 2, miss!

T1 Mars Assault Vehicle
- Holds fire!

T2 Athena Combat Vehicle
- Fires Gauss Rifle at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (7/22 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 10, miss!

V1 Donar 1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Y7 Charger (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!

V3 Donar 3
- Fires ER Large Laser at Y7 Charger (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!

V4 Anhur Gunship
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
H2 Jenner IIC
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Y4 Atlas
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (0 base + 3 gyro hit = 3): rolled 8, succeeds!

Y8 Flashman
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 9, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Y3 Crockett
- Kicks H2 Jenner IIC (2 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 5): rolled 5, 17 damage to Right Leg (0/8 armor, 0/8 structure remains)! Leg destroyed!

Y4 Atlas
- Kicks H2 Jenner IIC (0 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 3 gyro hit - 2 kick = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (0/8 armor, 0/8 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (0/6 armor, 5/8 structure remains)! Critical chance!

H2 Jenner IIC
- Kicks Y4 Atlas (4 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Second Line Clanner - 2 kick = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (30/41 armor remains)!

End Phase:
Y4 Atlas
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (0 base + 3 gyro hit + 0 kicked = 3): rolled 4, succeeds!

A seething cauldron of anger bubbled and seethed behind Mechwarrior Piet’s dull brown eyes. Hotter than the heart of a BattleMech, the furious Trueborn had plagued the Hell’s Horses disciplinary register. Indeed, her Codex’s history featured nearly as many infractions as her former Trinary had BattleMech kills. Easily goaded and quick to challenge, she fought with a suicidal ferocity that threw off balance friends and enemies alike. A dark scar marred her skin from brow to breast—a relic of her last failed Trial of Refusal. The Elementals who’d been forced to rescue her her from her crippled Mist Lynx had not been gentle after she took a potshot at one with a laser rifle.

Of all the Clans, only one Mechwarrior was now forbidden to wear a sidearm in the cockpit.

It was a restriction Piet dutifully ignored.

Her comms. warbled and Piet’s rage boiled over as the idiot Wilberforce called for consolidation of Clan forces to better repel the stravag Inner Sphere trash. Nearly inarticulate with rage, she shrieked “Hell’s Horses! We do not win battles by being passive! Charge!”

“Warriors,” Wilberforce’s irritating voice filled her neurohelmet. “Mechwarrior Piet has just volunteered to buy us a few moments to consolidate. Mechwarrior, if you live I shall make sure the Star Captain adds a commendation to your codex.”

With all the gracefulness of a thrown brick, Piet’s Jenner IIC rose on jets of chill blue plasma. Rocking forward as she cleared a hanger roof, her eyes locked with dark cockpit glass surrounded by a sea of white. The grinning skull of an Atlas as it turned to track her progress. At once, her vision narrowed to a long dark tunnel. Her Jenner shook as unseen attackers bombarded it with fire but she blocked it out with a wall of adrenaline-fueled rage. The Atlas was all that mattered and killing it would be glorious! Without a moment’s hesitation, she loosed the Jenner’s entire compliment of SRMs the instant she touched down.

Mission Objective:

Destroy All Clan Forces (3/15)
OR
Destroy All Tyre Aerospace Fighters (0/6)

Key:
Y1 Stalker, Y2 Battlemaster, Y3 Crockett, Y4 Atlas
Y5 Cataphract, Y6 Archer, Y7 Charger, Y8 Flashman
Y9 Raven, Y10 Po 1, Y11 Po 2, Y12 Phoenix Hawk

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
H1 Thresher: +1 Ran
H2 Jenner IIC: +0 Walked
H3 Incubus: +4 Ran
H4 Incubus 2: +4 Ran
H5 Warhammer IIC: +1 Ran
T1 Mars Assault Vehicle: +1 Flanked
T2 Athena Combat Vehicle: +2 Flanked
T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A): +4 Flanked
T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B): +4 Flanked
V1 Donar 1: +4 Flanked (Height 3)
V3 Donar 3: +4 Flanked (Height 3)
V4 Anhur Assault Helicopter: +4 Flanked (Height 3)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 31, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Y1 STLK-3F Stalker
Weight: 85 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 7/7
CT A(S): 29/36 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 7/7
LA A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
RA A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
LL A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RL A(S): 18/25 (18/18)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 20[30]
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Cong Tsui
Mechwarrior Player: Affi
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 28, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-10 – RA (Heat: 6, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-10 – LA (Heat: 6, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: no hands or arm actuators

Y2 BLR-1G Battlemaster
LT A(S): 28/28 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 40/40 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 28/28 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (14/14)
RA A(S): 24/24 (14/14)
LL A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
RL A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
Heat Sinks: 18[27]
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Urjasz Sobczak
Mechwarrior Player: Remora
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: 98, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 30, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Y3 CRK-5003-0 Crockett
LT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
LT R A(S): 11/11
CT A(S): 35/35 (27/27)
CT R A(S): 19/19
RT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
RT R A(S): 11/11
LA A(S): 28/28 (14/14)
RA A(S): 28/28 (14/14)
LL A(S): 36/36 (18/18)
RL A(S): 36/36 (18/18)
Heat Sinks: 15[22]
Movement: 3/5/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery1
Mechwarrior Name: Ho He
Mechwarrior Player: Brandy Collins
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – RA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – LA (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 29, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/10 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 19, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands

Y4 AS7-DC Atlas
Weight: 100 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 30/32 (21/21)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 45/47 (31/31)
CT R A(S): 14/14
RT A(S): 26/32 (21/21)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 34/34 (17/17)
RA A(S): 32/34 (17/17)
LL A(S): 30/41 (21/21)
RL A(S): 49/41 (21/21)
Heat Sinks: 20[30]
Movement: 3/5[6]/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Terrace Williams
Mechwarrior Player: Krumbsthumbs
Armament:
iLK MRM-40 – LT (Heat: 12, Ammo: 12, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Gauss Rifle – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 16, Range: (L:22 M:15 S:7 Min:2), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Gyro damaged!

Y5 CTF-1X Cataphract
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 16/16 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (22/22)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 16/16 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 22/22 (11/11)
RA A(S): 22/22 (11/11)
LL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
RL A(S): 22/22 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 16[24]
Mechwarrior Name: Reece Collier
Mechwarrior Player: radintorov
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/10 – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

Y6 ARC-2R Archer
Weight: 70 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 14/24 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 18/33 (22/22)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 9/24 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 8/22 (11/11)
RA A(S): 17/22 (11/11)
LL A(S): 26/26 (15/15)
RL A(S): 19/26 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 10[15]
Mechwarrior Name: Lukas Boehm
Mechwarrior Player: landcollector
Armament:
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT(REAR) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-20 – RT (Heat: 6, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
iLK LRM-20 – LT (Heat: 6, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)

Y7 CGR-1A5 Charger
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 26/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 39/39 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 10/10
RT A(S): 26/26 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 24/24 (13/13)
RA A(S): 24/24 (13/13)
LL A(S): 33/33 (17/17)
RL A(S): 33/33 (17/17)
Heat Sinks: 13[19]
Mechwarrior Name: Iskander Vassiliev
Mechwarrior Player: SageSepth
Armament:
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK SRM-6 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)

Y8 FLSH-8K Flashman
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 22/22 (16/16)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 25/25 (23/23)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 7/22 (16/16)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
RA A(S): 24/24 (12/12)
LL A(S): 12/27 (16/16)
RL A(S): 27/27 (16/16)
Heat Sinks: 15(30)
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 1, Gunnery 1
Mechwarrior Name: Xiang Yi
Mechwarrior Player: AJ_Impy
Armament:
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – CT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Flamer – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Anti-Missile System – RT (Heat: 1, Ammo: 12, Range: (S:1), Status: OK!)

Y9 RVN-1DC Raven
Weight: 30 tons (Light)
LT A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 13/13 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 8/8 (6/6)
RA A(S): 8/8 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
RL A(S): 12/12 (8/8)
Heat Sinks: 12[18]
Mechwarrior Name: Nkiruka Olisaemeka
Mechwarrior Player: LegioPraetoria
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Searchlight – LA (Status: OK!)
Recon Camera – LA (Status: OK!)
Beagle Active Probe – LT (Range: (S:6), Status: OK!)

Y10 PO-2L Po 1
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 11/15 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 16/18 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 12/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Mechwarrior Name: Louw Bouman
Mechwarrior Player: Rivensteel
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)

Y11 PO-2L Po 2
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
CT A(S): 18/18 (12/12)
RT A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
Mechwarrior Name: Ethan Parkinson
Mechwarrior Player: Leperflesh
Armament:
iLK MRM-10 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
iLK MRM-10 – CT (Heat: 4, Ammo: -, Range: (L:15 M:8 S:3), Status: OK!)
Flamer – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Flamer – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Left Foot Actuator Destroyed!

Y12 PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 18/18 (11/11)
CT A(S): 23/23 (14/14)
RT A(S): 18/18 (11/11)
LA A(S): 10/10 (7/7)
RA A(S): 10/10 (7/7)
LL A(S): 15/15 (11/11)
RL A(S): 15/15 (11/11)
Heat Sinks: 10[15]
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior Name: Zdenko Horvat
Mechwarrior Player: Mezzanon
Armament:
Machine Gun – RA (Ammo: 100, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Ammo: -, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)

H1 Thresher
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Tidus
Armament:
Autocannon/10, 3x Medium Laser, 2x SRM-6

H2 Jenner IIC
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
Movement: 9/14/7
Mechwarrior Name: Kharisa
Armament:
2x SRM-6, 1x SRM-4

H3 Incubus
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Donovan
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser, 4x Machine Gun

H4 Incubus 2
Movement: 9/14/0
Mechwarrior Name: Miranda
Armament:
PPC, 2x Medium Laser, 4x Machine Gun
Critical Damage:[/b] None!

H5 Warhammer IIC
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Lucas
Armament:
2x PPC, 5x Medium Laser, SRM-6

T1 Mars Assault Vehicle
Weight: 100 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 2/3
Crew: Driving 4, Gunnery 3
Motive System Damage: None!
Armament:
Large Laser, Gauss Rifle, 2x Machine Gun, Autocannon/10, 3x LRM-15, 2x SRM-6
Notes:

T2 Athena Combat Vehicle
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 3/5
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 2x Medium Laser, 2x Machine Gun, LRM-10
Notes:

T3 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 1

T4 Hephaestus Scout Tank (Prime) 2

T5 Hephaestus Scout Tank (A)
Movement: 8/12
Armament:
1x LRM-15, Small Laser, Active Probe
Notes: 4 ton infantry bay

T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B)
Armament:
2x Medium Laser, SRM-6, Active Probe
Notes: 4 ton infantry bay

V1 Donar Assault Helicopter 1
Weight: 21 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 9/14
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x SRM-2
Notes:

V2 Donar Assault Helicopter 2

V3 Donar Assault Helicopter 3
Movement: 9/14
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x SRM-2
Notes:

V4 Anhur Assault Helicopter
Weight: 30 tons (Heavy)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, ECM Suite
Notes: ECM removes iLK benefits

F1-F6 Tyre Aerospace Fighter
Weight: 55 tons
Damage Threshhold: 35

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 31, 2012

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I knew I shouldn't have held back the SRMs.

Probably wouldn't have mattered but fuuuuuuuuck. TAC gyro hit.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That Jenner just took a head hit, should he roll to take a nap?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Mechwarrior Piet is awesome. Drop her 'Mech, take her prisoner, make her a Liao Bondsman and watch her singlehandedly end the Duchy of New Syrtis.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Oh Battletech!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

1) Gyro TAC on your biggest mech turn 1 is harsh. At least you're an elite enough pilot to deal, but that's still more dice rolls and now you're one bad hit away from a mission kill.

2) I can't believe that Jenner IIC is still alive.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Captain Foo posted:

2) I can't believe that Jenner IIC is still alive.

I know! But nobody committed a big gun to it except the Battlemaster, who was fighting minimum range penalties. :(

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Remora posted:

I knew I shouldn't have held back the SRMs.

Probably wouldn't have mattered but fuuuuuuuuck. TAC gyro hit.

Another one to the support line with Archer and Po. One more and we can have a dedicated Gimp Lance.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Yep. Battletech: Stories of Bullshit Luck, with a side of giant robots.

Also, aren't targeting computers only -1? So.....

quote:

T2 Athena Combat Vehicle
- Fires Gauss Rifle at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 targeting computer = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (12/27 armor remains)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 targeting computer = 10): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (7/22 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at H8 Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 12): rolled 10, miss!
Wouldn't one of these Gauss Rifles miss?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yup, one did.

Also, I attributed the Crockett's kick to the Battlemaster by mistake. The Jenner is certainly dead.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Ding dong, the Jenner's dead.

Who needs DFA when you've got friends like these?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yup, one did.

Also, I attributed the Crockett's kick to the Battlemaster by mistake. The Jenner is certainly dead.

RIP Mechwarrior Piet.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Artificer posted:

RIP Mechwarrior Piet.

Her cockpit's still intact...and she's still got her 'sidearm'...:jihad:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Not that is makes a difference with the current rolls, but the Atlas is a 0/1 pilot, not a 0/0, so the PSRs should have had a TH of 4.

It should be able to make most of its rolls, but every time you run or take significant damage you are going to have to roll. Nasty luck for the Atlas as a gyro hit isn't something that is easily repaired.

Flashman needs to be worrying also, as that damaged RT carries its AMS ammo.

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011
TAC gyro on an atlas at the cost of a Jenner IIC = "clan wins the battle"

It's scary to be gyro-hit this early.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Don't worry! That Atlas was made in Space China. It may not be durable like your fancy Steiner made products, but we've got a warehouse full of millions of them and spare parts. :pseudo:

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Too bad Piet's 'Mech doesn't have a leg to stand on anymore, another volley of SRM fire into that Atlas could've had tragi-comic consequences. (I admit, I was totally rooting for the Jenner to cockpit-TAC an assault.)

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
It's true what other pilots have said, when you see that TAC warning for your mech, your heart does leap in your throat. Oh well, guess I'll have to be careful from now on.

Or I could be a Death Commando and go on like that never happened. Decisions, decisions.

Krumbsthumbs fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 31, 2012

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Incubus is a nice easy target for 3rd lance to walk over and scrap. stay 4 away from it and shred. (On second look, get to 3 from it, where you have short range on all your guns and maim kill)

Lance 2 should have 2 mechs on each of the nearest vtols, and keep the range from the heavier clan assets while the assault lance move forward. (Y5 and Y7 walk forward 4 and blast the vtol, flashman and archer walk backwards as far as they can and hit V3)

Lance 1 should run forward as best they can, (stalker move forward one, turn and move, bm turn to foward and move, crocket runs.) Atlas can risk a run as well or simply walk, nobody will be on anyone elses space I think.

Remember to always ask ptn if you will have los and gunshots on anyone from where you move to if you do shoot and kill.

with any luck next round the assaults turn the corner and take the enemy in the flank.

Important: Consider where you are going to be moving next turn, it is important, like the atlas, WHY did you face the jenner? you could have faced towards the battlemaster and just torso twisted.

Archer can walk to 1928 facing the incubus and lrm the Vtol V3 at short range. Flashman should still back up 5 and pound the vtol at V3. Lights get as close to the incubus as they can and try to crush it. Good chance of killing 3 mechs this turn I feel. uh I mean two vtols and a mech. Still 6/15 down is nice.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
Orders sent in, gonna hopefully kill V3

• Locked thread