Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Holy poo poo. I guess there is no "mop up" while the Mars is still operational. Easily the OpFor MVP, although I have to give some love to the Warhammer for being the penultimate Battletech rear end in a top hat.

Hitting with all 40 MRMs is pretty nice, too.

Edit: bold version to make PTNs life easy;

Mars for OpFor MVP.

Atlas for Goonlance MVP.

Honorable mention for Phoenix Hawk for going in balls deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Jeronimo Campaign Turn 2

Objective Update:
Company Yan: Defeated moderate enemy resistance! Potter’s Field seized!
Company Niu Tou: Attacked by Infantry in Topside Woods! Topside woods seized!
Company Ma Mian: Strafed by Aerospace Fighters! Kas-Ki-Yeh seized!

Campaign Map

A) Potter’s Field [Target of Opportunity] [Yan Company]
B) Apache Junction [Primary Objective]
C) Sonora [Primary Objective]
D) Chihuahua [Primary Objective]
E) Mt. Gila [Target of Opportunity]
F) Pebble Beach
G) Topside Woods [Niu Tou Company][/b]
H) Long Sound
I) Kas-Ki-Yeh [Ma Mian Company][/b]
J) The Dales [Target of Opportunity]
K) Bottomside Woods
L) Mosquito

Battalion Status:

Company Yan
Yan1) Cong Tsui (p2g1) - STLK-3H Stalker (Status: Ok!)
Yan2) Urjasz Sobczak (p2g1 (3+)) - BLR-1G Battlemaster (Status: Salvageable!)
Yan3) Ho He (p2g1) - CRK-5003-0 Crockett (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Yan4) Terrace Williams (p1g0) - AS7-DC Atlas (Status: Critical!)
Yan5) Reece Collier (p2g1 (3+)) - CTF-1X Cataphract (Status: Destroyed!)
Yan6) Lukas Boehm (p2g1) - ARC-2R Archer (Status: Critical!)
Yan7) Iskander Vassiliev (p2g1 (3+)) - CGR-1A5 Charger (Status: Destroyed!)
Yan8) Xiang Yi (Dead) - FLSH-8K Flashman (Status: Salvageable!)
Yan9) Nkiruka Olisaemeka (p2g1) - RVN-1DC Raven (Status: Ok!)
Yan10) Louw Bouman (p2g1) - PO-2L Po (Status: Damaged!)
Yan11) Ethan Parkinson (p2g1) - PO-2L Po (Status: Ok!)
Yan12) Zdenko Horvat (p1g1) - PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk (jump jets) (Status: Critical!)

Company Niu Tou (Ox-Head)
Ox1) Hob Sibenik (Dead) - CTF-1X Cataphract (Status: Destroyed!)
Ox2) Alimah Hayaam Attia (p2g1) - CTF-1X Cataphract (Status: Ok!)
Ox3) Phùng Tan Tuy (p2g1 (3+)) - WHT-DC Whitworth (jump jets) (Status: Critical!)
Ox4) Jabel Jaime Meraz (p1g0) - MLN-1A Merlin (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Ox5) Yu Ts'ai (p2g1) - DV-6M Dervish (jump jets) (Status:Ok!)
Ox6) Joseph Lapresse (p2g1) - WTH-1 Whitworth (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Ox7) Luan Araujo Carvalho (Dead) - VND-1R Vindicator (jump jets) (Status: Destroyed!)
Ox8) Shin Hytönen (p1g1) - MAD-3L Marauder (Status: Ok!)
Ox9) Ilve Duran Leiva (p2g1) - RVN-1DC Raven (Status: Ok!)
Ox10) Gustave Allaire (p2g1) - FS9-A Firestarter (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Ox11) Zoja Nowicka (p2g1) - JVN-10N Javelin (Status: Ok!)
Ox12) Jafar Nur al Din Issa (p1g1) - PO-2L Po (Status: Ok!)

Company Ma Mian (Horse-Face)
Horse1) Petrit Hul (p2g1) - HBK-4G Hunchback (Status: Ok!)
Horse2) Lucilla Iadanza (p2g1) - HBK-4G Hunchback (Status: Ok!)
Horse3) Karolin Ostermann (p2g1) - HBK-4G Hunchback (Status: Ok!)
Horse4) Emil Voronov (p1g0) - HBK-4P Hunchback (Status: Ok!)
Horse5) Tanta Hogpen (p2g1) - BJ-1DB Blackjack (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Horse6) Faruz Neftalem (p2g1) - PO-2L Po (Status: Ok!)
Horse7) Antonina Balashova (p2g1) - VND-1R Vindicator (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Horse8) Fai Chiang (p1g1) - VND-1R Vindicator (jump jets) (Status: Ok!)
Horse9) Xiang Chiu (p2g1) - RVN-1DC Raven (Status: Ok!)
Horse10) Chiyoe Takahasi (p2g1) - MON-67 Mongoose (Status: Ok!)
Horse11) Quennel Pelletier (p2g1) - RVN-1DC Raven (Status: Ok!)
Horse12) Lian Chia (p1g1) - HSR-300-D Hussar (Status: Ok!)

Dr. Tyrus Sjaarda was a meticulous man. His white coat hung pristine and unwrinkled from his thin frame and a pair of slim round-rimmed glasses perched high on his nose. He raised a gaunt, almost skeletal hand in greeting and then dropped into a low, respectful bow.

Ni Hao,” Sjaarda hailed, a finger pressed to his glasses to keep them from shattering on the floor. He smiled in a way he seemed to believe was disarming but the expression seemed as uncomfortable and alien to him as literacy to a Fedrat. Terrance Williams returned the bow without a smile, and Sjaarda’s disturbing enthusiasm subsided into an equally disquieting calm. The man bounced twice on his heels.

“The psyche of these Clanners is quite interesting,” he announced suddenly. “The warriors we captured are as surly and disgruntled as ever but the technical staff seems to expect that we will put them to work. Several have made inquiries as to which Clan they now belong.”

“Slavery?” Williams shuddered quietly. It wasn’t unheard of in the Inner Sphere. The old Rim Worlds Republic had built their strength on the backs of slaves and the Draconis Combine yet practiced it as a form of ritual punishment. Nonetheless, such a thing was anathema. For human beings to serve the whims of anything but the state made him slightly nauseous.

“No,” Sjaarda corrected. “No, they act more like the populations of the border worlds. You know the types: the ones who put their heads down and obey whoever their new leader claims to be. From what I gather, it’s not unusual for the Clans to issue challenges for particularly successful scientists or work crews; or for entire colonies to change hands with only a token fight. It really is quite fascinating.”

Williams rubbed his eyes, “Doctor, unless you have tactically or strategically valuable information—”

“I’m getting to that,” Sjaarda interjected. “Even their warriors seem to expect to serve us now that they have been captured although one has requested something called bondsref—”

“Which one?”

“The loud one. Of course we’ve refused her, at least until we know what she’s asking for. I suspect it may be some form of ritual suicide. I just find it interesting: the Clan mindset seems to treat loyalty as both absolute and highly mutable, I suspect they could easily be made to serve the Capellan Confederation once we better understand how they think.” Sjaarda paused for a moment, then added, “Perhaps they may even share knowledge freely with us. That may be extremely valuable to you, ah, strategically. Or tactically. Which is which again?”

A yell of alarm drew Williams’ attention and without further word he turned to jog towards the main hatch.

Blocky and familiar yet at once alien and forboding, the leering face of a massive Banshee stared down at Williams. It bore the emblems of Clan Hell’s Horses and while it possessed all the bulk of the ancient design, the armor and armament looked to have been rearranged and refitted to better suit the whims of some mad `Mech designer. Third Lance’s Raven sauntered by, twisting for a look that seemed more curious than alarmed.

The Banshee’s cockpit hatch opened with a hiss and a slim form leaned out. With the practiced ease of a seasoned campaigner, Ho He slipped off her neurohelmet and waved. “Sir! I found this in one of the Clan DropShips! The security system was blank, it has to be a replacement for some dispossessed Horse `Mechjock! Can I keep it?”

Campaign Options:

A) Critical Repairs available (choose 3):
1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine
3) Battlemaster’s Engine
4) Battlemaster’s Gyro
5) Battlemaster’s Right Arm
6) Archer’s Left Arm
7) Archer’s LRM-20
8) Repair the Flashman by using the Archer’s cockpit (no penalties)
9) Repair the Flashman by using the Battlemaster’s cockpit (+2 piloting penalty)
10) Repair the Flashman by using the Jenner IIC’s cockpit (+4 piloting penalty, +1 gunnery penalty)

B) Warrior Reassignment:
1) Trade one `Mech (and pilot) with another company
2) Take one `Mech (and pilot) from another company
3) Trade one Lance with another company
4) Fight on with what we have now

C) Salvage Options:
1) Assign the Banshee IIC to Urjasz Sobczak
2) Assign the Banshee IIC to Reece Collier
3) Assign the Banshee IIC to Iskander Vassiliev
4) Assign the Banshee IIC to Ho He and reassign her Crockett to (1, 2, or 3)
5) Store the Banshee IIC to return it to the Capellan Confederation unscathed

Next target:
Our companies need new orders

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 20, 2012

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gonna buck the trend and say the MVP goes to the Phoenix Hawk.

Why? Well look. The Atlas is great, but it's supposed to be great. It's an assault mech. It did its job by absorbing tons of fire and laying down tons of fire, but I didn't see anything particularly remarkable. No offense to Krumbsthumbs who did a fine job, of course.

Whereas the Phoenix Hawk single-handedly denied the entire right side of the map to the Clanners. That mech's mobility flushed out the Incubus 2, and then forced the Thresher to run headlong into the midst of second and third lance, getting the backshots that were crucial to taking it out, as well as the killshot on the Helph A. While Lance 1 were getting hung up and delayed by a single suicidal Jenner, the Phoenix Hawk was dishing out far more firepower than one would expect from a 45-ton mech. And it did this for the last four turns of the game with a gaping hole in its CT (just 3 armor left of 23 original points).

Flank denial was a critical tactical decision and the PHX-1 was the only mech we had that could do it. Zdenko Horvat is a 1/1 pilot who obviously knows what the gently caress he's doing and isn't afraid to die doing it.

As for That Mars... well, we basically left him to sit back there and snipe us for the entire game. He was completely untouched until the last turn. So of course he got lots of shots in and that final round probably does earn him OpFor MVP, but honestly it's entirely because he had the luxury - and lack of mobility - to always be too far away for good to-hit numbers compared to (in particular) the Dual-gauss Athena.

So for my money OpFor MVP is just barely That Mars, but I'd give the Thresher a very close second (despite the phoenix hawk he gave my entire lance conniptions and threw us off our game for three rounds. A 5/8(10)/5 Heavy is just frighteningly dangerous, especially with that loving Ultra AC/10.)

e.

A: three choices:
2. Repair the Phoenix Hawk. It's a fantastic asset and it's piloted by a 1/1.
1. We should fix that Atlas. It's too valuable not to.
8. Why wouldn't we do the option that drops penalties?

Picking these gives us two fixed mechs and one Atlas on its way to being functional.

B: One choice (I assume):
3. Trade our (crippled) Lance 2 with Company Horse-head's Lance 1. Because lookit all them Hunchbacks!!! gently caress yeah hunchbacks.

C: One choice (I assume):
5. It'd be great to just use it on the battlefield but the Clans will make it a primary target if they've got any sense at all, and getting it back to the Capellans intact will go a long way toward redeeming our guys in the eyes of their ancestors or whatever. Although I've no idea what's on a "banshee IIc" so who knows if it's got great stuff or what.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 20, 2012

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Well, 6 clan fighters and a second-line clan assault 'Mech. That is... one hell of a haul.

As far as repairs go.. As much as I love the Battlemaster it should sit on the sidelines for this repair period. It just needs too many repairs to get it functional. That Flashman has gotta get one of those cockpits - which one i'm not sure yet.

By the way, are we gonna get the mech info for the Banshee IIC before the next mission?

Also, MVP's - Goonlance had a lot, but the Atlas just made the clutch plays exactly when it needed to.

For the OpFor though - I gotta say I feel the Mars really didn't do much outside of the last round. I'd say the biggest play came out the Warhammer IIC - It made the most important shot which got the Flashman out of the game earlier and turned a rout into a real battle in my opinion. Not to mention the sheer amount of damage it did in two straight turns of alpha striking. Of course, it also gets LVP for making some poor decisions and wasting the most valuable clan resource on the field without getting near it's full effective value.

Picard Day fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 20, 2012

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Critical Repairs
Battlemaster and Archer's arms, repair the flashman with the Jenner cockpit.

Warrior Reassignment
Fight on with what you have now.

Salvage Options
Assign the Banshee IIC to Reece Collier

I always did want to mix-and-match parts from mechs, and now I can!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Picard Day posted:

By the way, are we gonna get the mech info for the Banshee IIC before the next mission?

95 tons
4/6/0
18 tons of armor
1 ER PPC
1 Ultra AC/10
1 ER Small Laser

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine

B) Warrior Reassignment:
1) Trade Yan-10 for Horse-7

C) Salvage Options:

4) Assign the Banshee IIC to Ho He and reassign her Crockett to the company we took the vindicator from.

These are all random guesses.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Opforce MVP: That Mars
Goon MVP: The Atlas

1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine

B) Warrior Reassignment:
1) Put Urjasz Sobczak in the repaired Flashman

C) Salvage Options:
6) Assign Banshee IIC to Lukas Boehm to replace his Archer.

Attack Orders
Yan moves to Mt. Gila
Niu Tou moves to The Dales
Ma Mian moves to Long Sound

Zikan fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 20, 2012

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Since the Archer's pretty much toast I see no reason why we shouldn't bolt its cockpit onto the Flashman. The remaining critical repairs will require some tough choices: The Battlemaster's torn to hell and missing its main gun, but still has a brace of medium lasers. It's pretty much either put the Battlemaster back together or get the Atlas and Phoenix Hawk back in top shape.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just edited in my votes for the next thing into my post right after PTN's update. Just saying it in case it gets skipped over.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Three critical repairs? That Battlemaster is pretty far gone. I'm not sure we're going to be able to use it again, but it's probably more useful than the Archer, so let's keep it around for now.

Critical Repairs
1. Repair the Atlas' Gyro
2. Repair the Phoenix Hawk's engine
2. Weld the Archer cockpit to the Flashman

Warrior Assignment
Uh, gently caress if I know. Those Hunchbacks, maybe?

Salvage Options
Nnnnnnngh. gently caress. Wanna use that Banshee. But a big part of our primary mission was to return ClanTech to the Capellan Confederation, and this will net us at least an XXL Engine, along with a few other neat things I'm sure. We can use the next thing that comes along.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Considering the pilot skill level, is repairing the atlas gyro all that necessary?

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Salvage Options
Nnnnnnngh. gently caress. Wanna use that Banshee. But a big part of our primary mission was to return ClanTech to the Capellan Confederation, and this will net us at least an XXL Engine, along with a few other neat things I'm sure. We can use the next thing that comes along.

Actually, judging by the armament and speed, I expect that Banshee is packing just a standard Fusion Engine. Now, i'm all about the mission but that Banshee does something important - provides an excellent tool to allow the company to acquire *more* salvage.

If Gooncompany had come out of the fight with fewer casualties I would be all for packing it in the dropship but right now the firepower it provides is really huge tactically - not to mention there is a whole battlefield worth of clan parts to be scooped into the dropships cargo holds.

Another thing i'd point out is that I am pretty sure a working XL engine has been acquired - courtesy of the legless Jenner IIC. The only unique thing that Banshee will get us is the cERPPC, assuming we were not able to salvage any on the battlefield.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Trading away the crippled heavy lance is tempting, but saddling our lightest unit with a bunch of burnt out hulks may well get the remainder killed. Plus it hands off one of our best mechs for a Hunchback. Hunchbacks are cool, but not Flashman cool. Maybe we should just trade one of the wrecks and put the Banshee into service. That'll give us a mostly operational lance without crippling our other assets. Sure, it'll likely be a little less cool clantech to take home, but we need to be sure we actually get home first.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Considering the pilot skill level, is repairing the atlas gyro all that necessary?

Yeah, I think it took a second hit in that last update, so it's completely hosed right now. It also has three engine hits so it's hosed in that respect too.

Just a reminder that I made This spiffy spreadsheet which already has all three companies of mechs in it (will need to update after the results of this vote are determined). The damage tracker sheet should still be useful for the next batch of pilots too.

Also I think AJ Impy should get a second turn. He was a substitute after the first round and got eliminated very quickly so I think he only got to give like two or three orders?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
New Orders:

Company Yan
E) Mt. Gila [Target of Opportunity]

Company Ma Mian (Horse-Face)
Move west into Kas-Ki-Yeh to serve as reserve for the attacks on those cities.

Company Niu Tou (Ox-Head)
C) Sonora [Primary Objective]

Campaign Options:

1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine
9) Repair the Flashman by using the Battlemaster’s cockpit (+2 piloting penalty)

B) Warrior Reassignment:

C) Salvage Options:
5) Store the Banshee IIC to return it to the Capellan Confederation unscathed

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It's one bad roll from being worthless. Not to mention that some turn it's going to NEED to run somewhere right that instant and the dice will decide it's finally time to take a faceplant.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

Trading away the crippled heavy lance is tempting, but saddling our lightest unit with a bunch of burnt out hulks may well get the remainder killed. Plus it hands off one of our best mechs for a Hunchback. Hunchbacks are cool, but not Flashman cool. Maybe we should just trade one of the wrecks and put the Banshee into service. That'll give us a mostly operational lance without crippling our other assets. Sure, it'll likely be a little less cool clantech to take home, but we need to be sure we actually get home first.

Assuming Yan Company hits Mt. Gila this turn and proceeds to go for the city on turn 3, I'd say that switching up won't really help us a great amount for the next map. Once we move on the city it would be a pretty good idea to potentially trade one of our lances for the Hunchie lance for maximum urban combat effectiveness while they are out in the field. But that won't be until the turn after this one at least.

Seconding AJ Impy getting a second turn. It always sucks to get headshotted early in the game. Bonus points if we stick him in the Flashman again!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Maintenance and Materiel
1. Atlas' Gyro
2. Phoenix Hawk's engine
3. Repair the Flashman with the Archer's cockpit, retire the Archer for parts.

Adjutant Affairs
Yan10 swapped out for Horse4, the ACE HUNCHBACK EXTRAORDINAIRE. Horse Company will probably need that Vindicator, but they've got a full lance of Hunches. So let's give 'em a Po in exchange. Where we're going, though, Emil might or might not last all that long. But a 1/0 AC/20 ain't nothing to sneeze at. We'll already have long-range firepower galore when we field that big ol' Clan Assault.

Salvage Spoils
Assign the Banshee IIC to Ho He, reassign the Crockett to Urjasz Sobczak, because his name is surely the hardest to spell of them all.

Should we succeed, the Capellan Confederation will have all the Clantech they will require. But first, we must win.

EDIT: In retrospect, four `Mechs worth of long-range firepower isn't all that impressive, even if one of them's whoppin' out a CERPPC, but hopefully Mt. Gila's got enough treacherous terrain to take a chunk out of the Clanners' range advantage.

Runa fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 20, 2012

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
Well, that was a lot of fun, though having my mech shot out from under me in the last round was annoying, specially since I didn't even shot anything that turn =/

MVP: Atlas
OPfor MVP: loving Mars :argh:

As for voting on salvage and the such, I vote to give my pilot the Banshee, even if I'm not running the Mech anymore.

Was a pleasure PtN, thank you.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005
1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine

B) Warrior Reassignment:
1) Trade one `Mech (and pilot) with another company

Swap these two:
Yan10) Louw Bouman (p2g1) - PO-2L Po (Status: Damaged!)
Horse4) Emil Voronov (p1g0) - HBK-4P Hunchback (Status: Ok!)

C) Salvage Options:
6) Assign the Banshee IIC to Emil Voronov, HBK-4P to Reece Collier

or if we can't do that,
4) Assign the Banshee IIC to Ho He and reassign her Crockett to Iskander Vassiliev

quote:

Seconding AJ Impy getting a second turn. It always sucks to get headshotted early in the game. Bonus points if we stick him in the Flashman again!
He'll just get its head blown off again :argh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Also, Unit Orders

Company Yan: Move to Mt. Gila
Company Niu Tou: Hold Position
Company Ma Mian: Move to The Dales

Mt. Gila and The Dales are both targets of opportunity that are important to take out but shouldn't require multiple companies to control. Niu Tou holds their position so that they can potentially support either of the other two companies, but the endgame is to send both Yan and Niu Tou companies into Apache Junction. This will effectively win us the eastern side of the map, and allow Yan and Niu Tou to start heading in Ma Mian's direction. Ma Mian may have to strategically retreat from what will likely be a large force coming from the west at this point, but by the time the companies unite they should be able to break through and ultimately push to Chihuahua and Sonora.

This is probably too conservative of an approach and we should probably work more to take advantage of the Clanners' surprise while we can, but it's just some ideas.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have nothing to add except turn 7 in gif format.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
For repairs:
1. Atlas gyro
2. Pixie engine
8. Scrape me out and plonk the Archer head on the Flashman.

Reassignment: Yan 10 for Horse 4.

Salvage: We are the dead. To our beloved state, we bequeath this CERPPC, UAC/10 and example of clan laser technology in an assault 'mech frame. 5

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Why are many people so eager to retire the archer and go down yet another mech? If we aren't going to repair the battlemaster, just pop its cockpit into the flashman and keep as many of our machines running as possible.

For that matter, the idea of merely storing the banshee at this point seems a bit crazy. With it, we can capture more salvage and achieve our actual objectives. If we choose to store it, we may not even get the chance to send it back at all! (Plus, I want as many people to get a chance to play as possible.)

Campaign Options:

1) Atlas’s Gyro
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine

B) Warrior Reassignment:

C) Salvage Options:
5) Make use of the banshee using any of the free pilots.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 20, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Further votes, since I've had a minute to consider:

Have Horse Company HOLD at I, move Ox Company to H, and in the next strategic turn vote have both hit The Dales simultaneously.

Yan Company should move to Mt. Gila, naturally, though depending on how that goes we might need to spend an extra strategic turn repairing and regrouping at Gila. Right now we'd probably want to press what advantage we have and not give them too much time to regroup while we repair and pick apart the rest of the unvoted-for Clan salvage. Chances are, though, we might have to spend a Campaign turn doing nothing but extra repairs before hitting Apache Junction. Mt. Gila will probably be more well-defended than the airstrip.

Also, go ahead and give AJ Impy another go. Bonus points if the same thing happens this campaign turn, too!

And are we gonna see one of the Clan bondsmen fighting in Chiu's place?

SynthOrange posted:

I have nothing to add except turn 7 in gif format.

Poignant. Tragic. Pointedly exclamatory. I give it three thumbs up!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Why are many people so eager to retire the archer and go down yet another mech? If we aren't going to repair the battlemaster, just pop its cockpit into the flashman and keep as many of our machines running as possible.

For that matter, the idea of merely storing the banshee at this point seems a bit crazy. With it, we can capture more salvage and achieve our actual objectives. If we choose to store it, we may not even get the chance to send it back at all! (Plus, I want as many people to get a chance to play as possible.)

Mostly because the Archer's one foot in the grave and swapping heads with it gives us the most immediate firepower and the least hassle for the Flashman's pilot. At best we can get the Archer to half strength even if we devoted tons of resources to putting it back together. The Battlemaster needs about as much effort to get the majority of its guns back online. And with a little luck we can possibly have it back to its full armament after the next fight.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 20, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Have Horse Company HOLD at I, move Ox Company to H, and in the next strategic turn vote have both hit The Dales simultaneously.
I don't know why you'd need two companies to capture some likely lightly defended farmland. I mean, if you were going to send them into the planetary capital I'd get that, but the Dales should be a quick, easy "get orbitally bombed briefly then win" deal.

For the record here was the original strategic outlook before we picked companies and turn one happened:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Campaign Update 1
First things first, we need to chose a landing zone for Yan Company, Ox Company, and Horse Company. Then, we need to chose which Company we’re playing for the duration of the campaign.

Campaign Map

A) Potter’s Field:
Jeronimo’s main star port is quite isolated. Taking it would provide a great advantage, but a landing here would face heavy opposition.

B) Apache Junction:
The largest city on White Horse, Apache Junction holds most of the planet’s factories. Taking Apache Junction is a primary objective. Landing directly in the city is impossible.

C) Sonora:
Taking Sonora is a primary objective. Landing directly in the city is impossible.

D) Chihuahua:
The planetary capitol, and likely the seat of the Hell’s Horses’ power. Taking Chihuahua is a primary objective. Landing directly in the city is impossible.

E) Mt. Gila:
The highly volcanic White Horse continent is home to most of the planet’s geothermal power plants. Capturing or destroying these plants would greatly hinder the Hell’s Horses. Landing here would be nearly impossible.

F) Pebble Beach:
A vast stretch of black sand gradually eroding into the ocean, Pebble Beach is open and exposed to enemy air attacks but would make for an easy landing site in easy reach of Apache Junction.

G) Topside Woods:
An excellent place for an ambush, landing here would be difficult but not dangerous.

H) Long Sound:
Sparsely wooded, Long Sound is an excellent defensive position; but with water on three sides there’s nowhere to withdraw. Landing here would be easy.

I) Kas-Ki-Yeh:
the Kas-Ki-Yeh badlands is some of the hottest and most difficult terrain on Jeronimo. Soaring temperatures will bake BattleMechs, but the rugged terrain will force enemies into knife fighting range.

J) The Dales:
Vast and empty, The Dales are a massive stretch of excellent farm- and ranchland that feed the bulk of Jeronimo’s population. Vast, flat, and open, The Dales is also heavily patrolled and extremely vulnerable to air attacks.

K) Bottomside Woods:
Heavily forested, the Bottomside Woods is heavily traveled and will likely be heavily patrolled. Landing here would not be easy.

L) Mosquito:
A safe landing zone next to Chihuahua, the Mosquito is a massive swamp stretching for over a hundred kilometers in any direction. Landing here is easy, but breaking out of the muck won’t be.
We made the right decision by sending the assault lance to go up the right flank, it seems most of their strategic locations are there. Just by moving to take Apache Junction and then meet up with the other two lances, Yan Company will knock out the Clan's production capacity and power plants, not to mention that their aerospace capacity has already been crippled.

Dale's Field and its food is the only strategic location the other two lances have to worry about, after that the priority becomes strictly to take down the two remaining cities. That said, Bottomside Woods is placed perfectly for to become the site of a massive final battle if the forces of Chihuahua have enough advance warning.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Archer currently is:
-Missing its left arm entirely
-LRM-20 in the RT destroyed
-Left leg upper actuator hit
-Left leg lower actuator hit
-LRM-20 in the RT destroyed again somehow

My assumption based on PTN's post is that this will take something like three or four "repair choices" to get back into useful condition.

By comparison, the only thing wrong with the Flashman is the missing head. Well, it lost a little armor but PTN already said that's getting fixed on everything.

So stick the Archer head on the Flashman, and keep the rest for parts. Yes it'd be great to get the Archer back into running shape but we have limited repair abilities and need to maximize how many mechs we can return to action in fighting shape.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not to mention that the Battlemaster only needs 2 repairs to get back to being a useful unit. It won't be 100%, but a brace of medium lasers and room to slap a ppc is likely more important than 2 medium lasers and an lrm.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

My assumption based on PTN's post is that this will take something like three or four "repair choices" to get back into useful condition.

Leg hits are being auto-repaired because being mobility-killed and starting in a completely crippled `Mech is no fun. It's easier to fix than the Battlemaster, it just needs a new LRM and a new arm.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I don't know why you'd need two companies to capture some likely lightly defended farmland. I mean, if you were going to send them into the planetary capital I'd get that, but the Dales should be a quick, easy "get orbitally bombed briefly then win" deal.

Good point.

But now I'm imagining the better part of a battalion swarming a farm in force for no reason other than moustache twirling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Leg hits are being auto-repaired because being mobility-killed and starting in a completely crippled `Mech is no fun. It's easier to fix than the Battlemaster, it just needs a new LRM and a new arm.

Oh, right. Whoops!

Guys, see how I voted for the repairs? Don't vote that.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

If a mech spends a campaign turn in the shop, does it have a chance to undergo additional repairs?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Choice A
1 Atlas Gyro
7 Archer LRM 20
9 Repair the Flashman by using the Battlemaster’s cockpit

Choice B
4 Fight on with what we have now

Choice C

1 Assign the Banshee IIC to Urjasz Sobczak

Next Target

Yan to attack E; Niu Tou tranfer to I, if they are able to attack after moving both Niu Tou and Ma Mian attack C, if not then Ma Mian attacks J

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oh, derp. For some reason I thought the Archer was down both LRMs and thus basically worthless. In that case I'd consider putting in another lrm over either the Atlas' gyro or Phoenix Hawk's engine.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Campaign Options:

1) Atlas’s Gyro <-Needs to happen
2) Phoenix Hawk’s Engine <- Awesome mech and pilot
9) Repair the Flashman by using the Battlemaster’s cockpit (+2 piloting penalty) <- +2 piloting is no big deal and we can actually use a crippled Archer.

B) Warrior Reassignment:
4) Fight on with what we have now <- We don't need to rearm yet.

C) Salvage Options:
1) Assign the Banshee IIC to Urjasz Sobczak <- Finders keepers blergh. Also we need the firepower.

Next target:
Yan to MT.Gila
Niu hold Position (and repair?)
Moo to Sonora

GoonMVP: Atlas
OpForceMVP: Warhammer

Affi fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 20, 2012

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I agree with most that the Atlas and the Phoenix Hawk should get priority: one has armor and weapons and the other has mobility (sweet, sweet MPs). Finally the Battlemaster is pretty hosed up, so we should get back the Flashman with minimum penalty.

Repairs
1, 2 and 9, then.

About the other choices, I honestly don't know what to pick. So I'll just say that we should give AJ_Impy another shot and hope he does not get decapitated again.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 21, 2012

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dis astranagant posted:

Oh, derp. For some reason I thought the Archer was down both LRMs and thus basically worthless. In that case I'd consider putting in another lrm over either the Atlas' gyro or Phoenix Hawk's engine.

The Atlas took two Gyro hits; if we don't repair it, we can't use it. If we're fielding one crippled mech, I'd take an Atlas over an Archer.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'm going to vote that we let the victorious awesome people that beat the poo poo out of the clans in 7 rounds keep on going. All of us.

gently caress yeah.

(edit; This is me saying please put me back on the waiting list please)

Affi fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

The Atlas took two Gyro hits; if we don't repair it, we can't use it. If we're fielding one crippled mech, I'd take an Atlas over an Archer.

Just one gyro hit, actually.

Looks like our repair options are
  • An Atlas, an Archer, and a rather warm Phoenix Hawk
  • An Atlas, an Archer that's a little extra scared of close range combat, and a Phoenix Hawk
  • A wobbly Atlas, a scared Archer, and a Phoenix Hawk
  • An Atlas, a scared archer, a warm Phoenix Hawk and a wobbly Flashman
  • An Atlas, half an archer, a Phoenix Hawk and a wobbly Flashman
  • An Atlas, a Flashman and a Phoenix Hawk
  • Some madness involving half or more of a Battlemaster, some fraction of an Archer and possibly a Flashman in possibly very dubious condtion. Atlas and Phoenix Hawk of possibly good condition are also here.

Or various other permutations but that should get the point across.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 20, 2012

• Locked thread