Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So i think everyone needs to save our space tex-mex hostages by moving forward this turn and trying to get into cover/trees as much as possible, right now you have to remember you can be flamboyant with the movement, but your gunnery is going to cut down on your ranges a tad, though not as bad as it could be.

thankfully, poptarts gave you a few long range mechs with good gunnery, better than the first match. So you could possibly get a shot off soon.

oh new page, I give you a battletech classic! which was featured in our free for all last night!

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/UrbanMech

While i can't post a picture, cause i'm at work, i'm sure someone below can.

A brave mech pilot with 8/8 drove one of these and cursed the lack of arms!

comedy ensued.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Axe-man posted:

A brave mech pilot with 8/8 drove one of these and cursed the lack of arms!

comedy ensued.

Please continue, I'm all ears! :allears:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Arquinsiel posted:

No, I mean the Japanese mechs were literally drawn by the same people that drew the Unseen within the first release of the game as "Battletech".

And like I said: time has passed since they were originally drawn, and the artists had probably either moved on and evolved their art style, or set down the pen for a while and gotten rusty. Either way, a lot of time had passed and the original drawings wouldn't cut it for a game book in modern times, necessitating an art shift in that alone.

Look at the works of any artist over the course of even a decade, even if they're doing the same series for that time. It changes - and I won't say for the worst, either, but it's different. Then you ask them to go back to what fans loved and lawyers loved to hate, and change it just enough that the lawyers can't do anything but gnash their teeth.

quote:

The Reseen range from better than the Unseen by far to absolutely dire. I love the Reseen Locust and Archer. The Reseen Warhammer? Pass.

I won't say the Reseen range is all bad. But the problem I have with it is that it's the off-brand, it's deliberately trying to be something it's not allowed to be. They should have taken new artists, preferably who don't know Battletech at all, given them some examples of modern art 'mechs to draw from, and given them the tonnage and layout of the 'mechs in question and let them make all-new stuff. Hell, don't even give them the names of the new 'mechs, so they don't Google them and see the Unseen versions or hear about the controversy.

quote:

I'm more talking about stuff like the WoB Celestials as having the specific greeblyness and odd proportions that most of the Japanese re-designs have (the Japanese designs have HUGE feet and odd torso/arm proportions. A few of the Japanese designs are awesome, like the Dragon, Stalker and Stinger, the rest leave me wondering how the gently caress they're supposed to move or are just generally aesthetically unpleasing to me.

What's wrong with them? I just went and looked them up - the Celestial series looks well-planned and well-thought-out from an aesthetic point of view, a series of mechs in different weight sizes designed specifically to work together, and look alike, as if they were designed and constructed simultaneously by the same design works.

What's wrong with the proportions? They're tall and top-heavy, much like Clan Battlemechs.

quote:

Translation: "I'm going to tell you what you think because I know your mind better than you do". Seriously, gently caress right off with this poo poo.

Then say what you mean next time!

^^Urbanmech:

It's so cute, it thinks it's peoplemechs!

The Mighty Urbie. It's exactly what it says on the tin - an urban 'mech and nothing else. Taking it into the field is like carting a pipe organ around in a wagon train.

And yes, I want to hear the story of this Urbie, too.

quote:

So i think everyone needs to save our space tex-mex hostages by moving forward this turn and trying to get into cover/trees as much as possible, right now you have to remember you can be flamboyant with the movement, but your gunnery is going to cut down on your ranges a tad, though not as bad as it could be.

I'm thinking, if the scout Sapper uses his pyro on the mech at D2, it'll force a piloting roll. With any luck it'll go tumbling forward down a 1-z-level drop and rack up some damage.

The sapper should also probably start moving south, staying in the woods. The Infantry almost certainly aren't going to come out of their buildings, and there's no way for him to approach them without being in the open.

The mechs should move forward, focusing their fire, but prioritizing those drat vehicles if they ever get into range. If that Blackjack moves to engage on turn 2, he'll probably be dead by the start of turn 3. If he turns tail and runs you might have a problem. Remember to watch your heat - in a tense situation under the clock, you may be tempted to run hot. Don't run too hot, or you're shooting yourself in the ammo bin.

ShadowDragon8685 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 6, 2011

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Pinguliten posted:

I've been doing some more research (read googling) on Battletech since that last link to the Japanese version and wel. Apparently Battletech was released in German as well. From the looks of it they almost got all of the game related books though only maybe 10 of the novels (no loss there really).

A few more, actually. I happen to own ~two dozen german BT novels that I bought in a bundle from eBay years ago. :v:

Ahh, the Urbie. Our beloved trashcan with legs aka the 30-ton assault Mech. Everybody loves Urbie. I remember someone creating a customised version that was basically a shrunk-down Imp. That was funny as hell. :allears:

Magni fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 6, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
The best version of the Urbanmech is the one with the Autocannon/20.

"Oh, that's so cute, it thinks it's a reOH GOD MY TORSO IS MISSING"

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

And like I said: time has passed since they were originally drawn, and the artists had probably either moved on and evolved their art style, or set down the pen for a while and gotten rusty. Either way, a lot of time had passed and the original drawings wouldn't cut it for a game book in modern times, necessitating an art shift in that alone.

Look at the works of any artist over the course of even a decade, even if they're doing the same series for that time. It changes - and I won't say for the worst, either, but it's different. Then you ask them to go back to what fans loved and lawyers loved to hate, and change it just enough that the lawyers can't do anything but gnash their teeth.
This is not what happened.

Unseen = Studio Nue.
Other FASA era mechs = in-house guys.
Japanese mechs = Studio Nue.
Reseen = some other in-house guys, in a different house.

The Japanese release was 2nd Edition Battletech, between the 1985 release data and the 1992 3rd Edition release date. It had licencing issues with using the Macross/Dougram/Crusher Joe designs in Japan entirely distinct from the American issues, so they went to the same company that drew those mechs and commissioned replacements. They then decided that the American designs were "not Japanese enough" and would put off the market, so they re-designed some of the American mechs to fit.

Much much MUCH later, they decided to compensate for the Unseen issue by commisioning *more* replacement artwork for the designs to avoid licencing issues from using other people's designs. They *could* have used the commissioned Studio Nue except that in the Solaris VII box the Locust became the Koto, the Stinger became the Tsunami, the Wasp became the Morpheus and the Marauder became the Colossus.

This also ignores the IIC Unseen and a few of the later designs (including all of those in the Jade Falcon sourgebook :fist:) which were drawn by Victor Musical Industries and ended up being Unseen and then Reseen just in case, eventually becoming un-Unseen...

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

What's wrong with them? I just went and looked them up - the Celestial series looks well-planned and well-thought-out from an aesthetic point of view, a series of mechs in different weight sizes designed specifically to work together, and look alike, as if they were designed and constructed simultaneously by the same design works.
They are coherent, but far more complicated and "busy" than most previous designs. The designs seem to be far too organic or something, and while I like the Archangel (even if it is obscenely out of scale....) the rest are just too cluttered and like a Michael Bay take on Battletech.

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

What's wrong with the proportions? They're tall and top-heavy, much like Clan Battlemechs.
They're *very* top-heavy, but also the arms are very dangly. The pictures don't do the miniatures justice, those things have to hold their arms in the air to avoid catching gun barrels on low cars.

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Then say what you mean next time!
I gave a personal opinion and you told me it was something else. There was nothing unclear about it.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Mukaikubo posted:

The best version of the Urbanmech is the one with the Autocannon/20.

"Oh, that's so cute, it thinks it's a reOH GOD MY TORSO IS MISSING"

There should totally be a rumble between eight of those Urbies. One hit from that AC/20 should more or less destroy a 'mech.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Koorisch posted:

Please continue, I'm all ears! :allears:

I'm kinda waiting if said person will come forward and relate their experience :v:

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

There should totally be a rumble between eight of those Urbies. One hit from that AC/20 should more or less destroy a 'mech.

this can be done. :)

I only saw the hilarious conclusion so i'm not really sure everything that happened.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 6, 2011

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I totally missed that part of the fight, since the Urbie was in the far-far away fog of war. Great game though.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
How are you guys organizing this stuff? Maybe someone could start a thread in private game servers?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Longinus00 posted:

How are you guys organizing this stuff? Maybe someone could start a thread in private game servers?

the #megamek on the irc server is the main way, if someone wants to put up a private game thread feel free. :) it would add the the many other battletech threads that should exist :smith:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Axe-man posted:

this can be done. :)

Best enjoyed with double blind rules in full effect. A quick splash of underground blood-bowl city fighting.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
#megamek on irc.synirc.net
E
F
B

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It was my first time playing MegaMek, so I figured I'd have some fun while I did it. I was piloting the 8/8 Urbie and a less laughable Catapult.

There's not really much to say about the Urbie. First turn he toddled about between buildings and kicked a few. I tried to have him do a DFA but since I was new to the game I couldn't figure out the movement rules and whatnot. So he parked next to Kuru's Catapult, was hit by a salvo of missiles, fell down in burning woods, hit his head, the pilot fell unconcious for a turn, woke up, tried to stand up, fell down again, and didn't wake up for the rest of the fight. Until Kuru's Catapult decided to use it for target practice :v:

Edit: The Catapult of mine died to my own stupidity. Technically, the Urbie outlasted it. If "knocked over on fire" counts as lasting.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

GenericOverusedName posted:

Edit: The Catapult of mine died to my own stupidity. Technically, the Urbie outlasted it. If "knocked over on fire" counts as lasting.

You have to admit "knocked over in a fire" is pretty hilarious, but that is why most of us always try to go about with a 4/4 or better. I laughed a ton that match, everytime you tried to get up.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
I was running a 3025 assault lance V assault lance random fight on Megamek, and it lasted so long the game stopped me from playing anymore, it got to turn 35 and just started back over at 1 but without giving me the option to do anything. Would've been faster if it wasn't for lucky/unlucky weapon hits. At one point it was a Titan and a Lumberer verse an Osilord and this was like turn 13 and I figure ok, this should be over soon 2 v1 and all. Decided to Alpha strike with the Titan since it had so many weapons and it had the Lumberer backing it up 1 quick round to end it, instead the Osilord gets a lucky shot to the clean Titan's head killing the pilot and from there the biggest attrition style fight I've ever done was born with the Osi slowly destroying the Lumberer's weapons.

By the Last round the Lumberer had 5 points of internal CT 4 RT and his legs and the Osi had 3 points left in his RL a few in the CT and Head. Osi had a Large Laser left and the Lumberer still had 2 Medium Lasers, was kinda pissed that I couldn't see the end of the fight :( Still that poo poo took like 3 hours.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Koorisch posted:

Those 'mechs look like they came straight out of Armored Core. :v:

If I remember correctly, the primary mecha designer for Armored Core was working for Studio Nue at the time. But I could be vastly misremembering things.

And I think the Japanese Rifleman doesn't look that bad.

\/\/\/\/ Yeah, the Japanese must liked their rifleman too, because its the only one I've ever seen any fanart of. Though whoever picked the colors for this 3d model should be shot.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 6, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

The absolute only complaint I have about that drawing is that it doesn't look, um, armored in the torso with all those knobby bits. But that's honestly a pretty small and aesthetic complaint, I like the overall look.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Mukaikubo posted:

The absolute only complaint I have about that drawing is that it doesn't look, um, armored in the torso with all those knobby bits. But that's honestly a pretty small and aesthetic complaint, I like the overall look.

Which, when you think about it, almost makes sense, since the Rifleman is notorious for being... well, underarmored.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Are you guys complaining about 'Mech appearances again?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Axe-man posted:

You have to admit "knocked over in a fire" is pretty hilarious, but that is why most of us always try to go about with a 4/4 or better. I laughed a ton that match, everytime you tried to get up.

Yeah I know, it was just an exercise in hilarity. Really, he exceeded my expectations when he actually managed to kick a building.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
^^^^^^^
I think it is awesome that you decided to do that on YOUR FIRST TIME. That was commendable

PoptartsNinja posted:

Are you guys complaining about 'Mech appearances again?

I'm just admiring genericoverusedname comedy urban mech which made that match quite hilarious. Also no one even thought that you could GO as high as 8 piloting and 8 gunnery, which made it all the more impressive to me.

Also i think they should get some move in with the turn, i hope they all know what they are going to do :ohdear:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Giant robots are always cool, it doesn't matter how they look. :colbert:

I evidently still have a lot to learn regarding tactics. But that's the sort of thing that comes with practice, I suppose.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

GenericOverusedName posted:

It was my first time playing MegaMek, so I figured I'd have some fun while I did it. I was piloting the 8/8 Urbie and a less laughable Catapult.

There's not really much to say about the Urbie. First turn he toddled about between buildings and kicked a few. I tried to have him do a DFA but since I was new to the game I couldn't figure out the movement rules and whatnot. So he parked next to Kuru's Catapult, was hit by a salvo of missiles, fell down in burning woods, hit his head, the pilot fell unconcious for a turn, woke up, tried to stand up, fell down again, and didn't wake up for the rest of the fight. Until Kuru's Catapult decided to use it for target practice :v:

I loved that Urbanmech, it was a constant reminder of what playing a fun game of Btech is all about.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Translation: You want your 'mechs to look like tanks with arms and legs. They don't look like "muck," they just don't look like srsbizness. The J-designs and the Catalyst modern designs say "gently caress it, this is a game about goddamned giant robots, we're not going to draw like this is a grognard tank game with legs. We're going to draw some goddamn giant robots."

There are several hundred japanese giant robot shows/games, what's wrong with wanting BattleTech to stay 'serious business humanoid tanks'?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
It's not even that rounded bots don't fit - they just don't fit everywhere. I like that round bots exist, but they're lostech and Star League era. While "modern" Mechs are boxy out of not having the technology or resources to make fancy looking mechs.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The Reseen looking like knockoffs of the originals is kinda the point.

For all intents and purposes the Unseen designs still exist in-canon as they always have, and the developers made no attempt to remove them or retcon them out despite not being able to actually show them.

The actual Project Phoenix designs are mostly supposed to be some startup company with "mysterious" backers re-designing a bunch of old designs with newer (non-SL) technologies and licensing them out to manufacturers across the sphere. And for the most part, they pretty much look like radical re-designs of the old chassis.

This also gave a convenient excuse to explain some of the more drastic Dark Age redesigns, like the Spider and Panther. The ones that they're not re-doing, at least.

Edit: Oh, and I think the IIC redesigns are Diamond Shark being Diamond Shark again.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 6, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Edit: Oh, and I think the IIC redesigns are Diamond Shark being Diamond Shark again.

And then there's the Urbanmech IIC, a Clan Coyote production. They made it faster!

3/5 :saddowns: :negative:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Hey, hey.

Now it can turn around on pavement without wiping the gently caress out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Urbanmech turns 180 degrees, but is forced to run. Skids, pirouets, spins around an additional 180 degrees, falls on its back for 3 damage facing the direction it was facing originally.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

And then there's the Urbanmech IIC, a Clan Coyote production. They made it faster!

3/5 :saddowns: :negative:

I actually did that, too, when I tried recreating the aforementioned Mini-Imp. The result is actually pretty nice, though it does require some L2 and L3 tech, so I'll spoiler it.

3/5/3 movement with a standard engine, 6.5 tons of standard armor and 10 DHS. Armament are 2 Light PPCs, 5 ER Small Lasers and a LRM5 with a single ton of CASE'd ammo. It really is like a miniature Imp. With Jump Jets. :v:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WarLocke posted:

There are several hundred japanese giant robot shows/games, what's wrong with wanting BattleTech to stay 'serious business humanoid tanks'?

I agree. It is something in particular I like about mech aesthetics in BT. My favorite mech art is for things like the Hauptmann and Awesome, which are as Brick Shithouse as you can get.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hostage Situation: Tactical Update 2

Hostages: 20/20

Movement Phase
S1 Scout Sapper forces D2 Vindicator to make a piloting check or fall (Base 4): Rolled 8, succeeds!
La Dama Muerta uses Distracting Tirade (needs 4+, rolls 6)
No Hostages Killed
D3 Cataphract moves to 1309

Combat Phase:
No combat takes place

Physical Combat Phase:
No physical combat takes place

End Phase:
All heat dissipated

“Comm traffic,” Divot called. “The Cossacks—”

“The what now?” Annie asked

“—Capellans are scrambling. I couldn’t get anything, some sort of blurt transmission.”

“Fuckers are probably asking for orders,” Engine Joe replied, dismissively. “Fuckin’ Capellans can’t wipe their own asses without Maxie Liao’s written approval in fuckin’ triplicate.”

“They’re calling for Artillery,” the Navajo Wolf growled into the comms as he stalked up the field. “Or air support.”

“How do you—” Clueless began, but Engine Joe cut him off.

“Best stay to cover, newbies—don’t cluster up and don’t stand by any fuckin’ landmarks. Bobby’s nearly every time, but he’s been right just often enough that I don’t loving want you taking any loving chances.”

Enemy Forces
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
D2 VND-1R Vindicator
D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
I1 Capellan Militia
I2 Capellan Militia
I3 Death Commando Infantry
I4 Capellan Militia
V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
V3 Goblin Medium Tank
V4 SRM Carrier

Turn 2 OpForce Movement:
D1 Ran to 0403 (2 hexes)
D2 Ran to 1512 (3 hexes)
D4 Walked to 0918 (3 hexes)
I1 Radios Command
I2 Boards V1
I3 Rides V3
I4 Boards V1
V1 Remains Stationary
V2 Flanked to 1109 (2 hexes)
V3 Flanked to 0707 (4 hexes)
V4 Cruised to 1202 (0 hexes)
D3 Waiting to Move

Mission Objectives
Rescue the Hostages – Not All Hostages Die, All Capellan Infantry Surrenders or Destroyed! (Total Victory)
Bury the Hostages – All Hostages Die but All Capellan Forces Destroyed (Partial Victory)

Player Status
SS “Lil’ Sure Shot” RFL-3N Rifleman
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 22/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
RL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Annie Sue Hurd
Mechwarrior Player: Tempest_56
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
AC5 – RA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
AC5 – LA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-mounted weapons into rear arc.

S2 Scout Snipers
Platoon(4/4)
Type: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Player: Tempest_56
Movement MP: 1
Range: 6 hexes
Notes: May snipe or double-tap at infantry or vehicles. Arrives in 3 turns via unspecified transport.

St “Stubby” HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium Class)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 26/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 5
Mechwarrior Name: Andre “Clueless” Norris
Mechwarrior Player: Polaron
Armament:
AC20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)

La Dama Muerta
Player: Polaron
May either use a Distracting Tirade or Mock and Berate the Capellans once per turn.

FY “Sir gently caress You” LNC25-01 Lancelot
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 21/21 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
LL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
RL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
Heat Sinks: 13 (double capacity)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Rebecca “Divot” Moss
Mechwarrior Player: bunnyofdoom
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

S1 Scout Sapper
Player: Mahoshonen
May use either a booby traps on enemy infantry within 4 hexes, or pyrotechnics on an enemy ‘Mech within 6. Has 2 MP.
May not use either ability this turn!

F “Firewalker” CPLT-C1 Catapult
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 24/24 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
RA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
LL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
RL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Engine Joe” Running Wild
Mechwarrior Player: Red_Mage
Armament:
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 16, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – LA (Heat: 5, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

TA Tech Platoon APC
Weight: 10 tons (Light)
Front A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Left A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Right A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Turret A(S): 4/4 (1/1)
Rear A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Movement: 6/9
Driver: Pilot 4, Gunnery 6
Player: Red_Mage
Tank Status: Ok!
Armament:
Machine Gun – Turret (Ammo: 200, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: Currently Carrying Tech Platoon

TP Tech Platoon (30/30)
Type: SRM Infantry
Weapon: SRM
Gunnery: 5
Anti-Mech: 3
Player: Red_Mage
Movement MP: 2
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -1, 1-2: 0, 3-4: +2, 5-6 +4
Notes: 1 round of Inferno ammo, currently carried by TA APC

Sw “Skinwalker” WVR-6M Wolverine
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
RL A(S):19/19 (13/13)
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Navajo Wolf” Bobby Begay
Mechwarrior Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Armament:
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)
Special Ability: Eights to Aces (2/2)

S3 Scout Company(30/30)
Type: Caballeros Scouts
Weapon: Submachine Guns and Grenades
Gunnery: 3
Anti-Mech: 4
Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Movement MP: 3
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -2, 1: 0, 2: +3
Notes: Double damage to all targets at range 0, deals an extra d6 to all targets at range 1, Arrives in 4 turns

T1 Unspecified Transport (Arrives in 2 turns)

Enemy Status
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
Damage: None
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

D2 VND-1R Vindicator
Notes:

D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
Notes: Ace Pilot

D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
Notes:

I1 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes:

I2 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes: Being Transported by Heavy APC

I3 Death Commando Infantry (21/21)
Armament: SRM
Notes: Being Transported By Goblin Medium Tank

I4 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Flamer
Notes: Being Transported by Heavy APC

V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
Armament: 6 Machine Guns
Notes: Transporting I2, I4.

V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
Armament: AC 10, AC 10, SRM 6
Notes:

V3 Goblin Medium Tank
Armament: Large Laser, Machine Gun
Notes: Transporting I3

V4 SRM Carrier
Armament: SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 9, 2013

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Heh, this is going to be fun~

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

...air support.

...air support?

...AIR SUPPORT! D:

Okay, yeah, poo poo just got real-er. But hey! No dead hostages yet! That's a positive!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey, if you kill the vehicle transporting them, do the infantry die automatically?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I think I missed something. Are the scout sappers on the board? How did they force a PSR on the Vindicator?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Hey, if you kill the vehicle transporting them, do the infantry die automatically?

50% chance, pretty much.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Rivensteel posted:

I think I missed something. Are the scout sappers on the board? How did they force a PSR on the Vindicator?

They're at 1606, and they can't - this turn.

Mukaikubo posted:

...air support.

...air support?

...AIR SUPPORT! D:

Okay, yeah, poo poo just got real-er. But hey! No dead hostages yet! That's a positive!

Maybe their air support will be in the form of Aerospace Fighters screaming in at Thrust 6 and going too fast to even stay on the board, forcing them to flyover at mach 2?

Do you think the Capellans are as inept with using the AeroTech rules at BattleTech scale as we are?

The Cabballeros aren't so lucky, are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is it bad that I'm rooting for the Death Commandos here?

• Locked thread