Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I wasn't able to finish the update before work (I am at work now, two hours to go woo). I will do everything I can to finish things up as soon as I get home and get some food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

I wasn't able to finish the update before work (I am at work now, two hours to go woo). I will do everything I can to finish things up as soon as I get home and get some food.

Sooo... How many goons stopped a cERPPC with head armor?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

PainGod put up his newest Mercenaries video recently, and had some nice things occur in the mech of the mission segement for the Fafnir. First- it was narrated by George Ledoux, Second- it incorporated fanart from the Nadir scenario. I'll let you figure out which one. Go ahead and check it out.

Oh my god stuff I made up is in that video. I'm so hot right now.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo. Did you just email him out of the blue and get him to record that for you? If so, man what a classy guy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

We're all going to die...

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

We're all going to die...

Well, the last TPK was Nadir (I think). We might be overdo for one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A fine ad for a fine `Mech! I salute you guys and the things you do.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010

landcollector posted:

Well, the last TPK was Nadir (I think). We might be overdo for one.

Screw that. We're gonna fight, and we're gonna win. One way or another.

Even if...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

PhotoKirk posted:

Sooo... How many goons stopped a cERPPC with head armor?

I haven't done any combat yet.

VVV Well, yeah. That's just practice though. Nobody in this group is likely to be killed by a boiled-over pot noodle.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 12, 2012

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's just finished the write-up describing our hideous death.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

VVV Well, yeah. That's just practice though. Nobody in this group is likely to be killed by a boiled-over pot noodle.

:ohdear: I can think of at least two that would get killed by that.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh my god stuff I made up is in that video. I'm so hot right now.

Actually, when I asked him, I used your writeups as the example of what I was going for. You do know how to spin information in a way that is barely accurate and amusing.

Also, thanks guys. :3:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

I bet that fat Kurita pilot wouldn't have liked spilling his Bowl Noodle Hot all over his legs.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

I bet that fat Kurita pilot wouldn't have liked spilling his Bowl Noodle Hot all over his legs.

As his 6th injury.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alright everyone.

Think of the worst place you can take a hit on rear armor.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Alright everyone.

The torso section where your ammo is stored? Did we just lose the Exterminator IIC?

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010

landcollector posted:

The torso section where your ammo is stored? Did we just lose the Exterminator IIC?

If they hit me in the rear armor while I was facing them, then I'm going to call shenanigans right now.

We lost the Cyclops.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Andrevian posted:

We lost the Cyclops.

Aw bugger, PTN did mention the Rear-side facing diagram was houseruled for maximum lethality in this thread, didn't he?

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Alright everyone.

Any of them when you're dumping ammo?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

Alright everyone.

landcollector posted:

The torso section where your ammo is stored?

Good answer for Spheroids. Clanners, though, value their honour more than their lives. For them, the answer is the rear end, especially if the scorch marks make it look like their mech has poo poo itself.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
drat, PTN's dice must really hate gooncompany. I guess it's payback for some of the good luck we had in the earlier scenarios.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Aw bugger, PTN did mention the Rear-side facing diagram was houseruled for maximum lethality in this thread, didn't he?

I've been slowly narrowing them over time. We're now running standard arcs. :ssh:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

enigma74 posted:

drat, PTN's dice must really hate gooncompany. I guess it's payback for some of the good luck we had in the earlier scenarios.

I'm sorry, what is this good luck you refer to?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

TildeATH posted:

I'm sorry, what is this good luck you refer to?

By all rights the entirety of Goonstar should have died horribly at the midway point of Counting Coup, but one mech succeeded in withdrawing from the combat area.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Sally Forth: Tactical Update 10

Movement Phase
X13 Exterminator IIC
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 base = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Combat Phase
X1 Banshee IIC
- Fires PPC at E2 Wolf Spider (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 Wilberforce = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Single) at E2 Wolf Spider (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 Wilberforce = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (14/24 armor remains)!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 22!

X2 Archer
- Fires LRM-20 at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 7, 9 missiles hit Right Leg (0/25 armor remains), Left Leg (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 iLK = 6): rolled 6, 9 missiles hit Center Torso (3/18 structure remains (Crit!)), Left Arm (1/18 armor remains)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 15!

X3 Po
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires MRM-10 at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires MRM-10 at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 18!

X4 Merlin
- Fires PPC at E2 Wolf Spider: (0 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (14/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider: (0 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (27/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider: (0 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (9/24 armor remains)!
- Fires iLK LRM-5 at E5 Swordbreaker: (0 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 secondary target - 1 iLK =6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 27!

X5 Marauder
- Fires PPC at E2 Wolf Spider: (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (25/35 armor remains)! TAC!
- Fires Large Laser at E2 Wolf Spider: (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (16/24 armor remains)!
- Fires AC/5 at E2 Wolf Spider: (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 5, hit Right Arm (9/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider: (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (19/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider: (1 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (11/24 armor remains)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 27!

X7 Blackjack
- Fires Large Laser at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at F4 Seagull (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 25!

X8 Dervish
- Fires Medium Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (2/13 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (2/17 armor remains)! TAC!
- Fires SRM-2 at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 iLK = 4): rolled 6, 1 missile hit Head (7/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
- Fires SRM-2 at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 iLK = 4): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 15!

X9 Vindicator
- Enables PPC inhibitor!
- Fires PPC at E5 Swordbreaker (1 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- - Must roll a 3+ to avoid feedback damage: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Fires iLK LRM-5 at E5 Swordbreaker (1 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 iLK = 8): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 24!

X10 Mongoose
- Fires Medium Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/13 structure remains)! Torso destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (5/18 structure remains) Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (0/18 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Arm!
- Fires Small Laser at F1 Swordbreaker (1 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Arm!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 15!

X12 Cyclops IIC
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at E1 Sohei (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (15/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at E1 Sohei (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (29/38 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at E1 Sohei (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at E1 Sohei (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 5, fails to lock on!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 30!

X13 Exterminator IIC
- Fires LRM-10 at E3 Copperhead (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 26!

X14 Atlas
- Fires Gauss Rifle at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 2): automatic hit, hit Right Leg (17/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (14/19 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (9/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires MRM-40 at E2 Wolf Spider (0 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 MRM - 1 iLK = 4): rolled 7, 12 missiles hit Left Arm (4/24 armor remains), Right Arm (4/24 armor remains), Right Leg (15/32 armor remains)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 30!

E1 Sohei
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1020!
- Activates Clan EI Implants!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at X4 Merlin (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 smoke ignored by EI + 1 heavy laser - 1 targeting computer - 1 EI Implants = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/11 armor, 15/20 structure remains)! CRIT!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at X12 Cyclops IIC (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 heavy laser + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (2/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at X12 Cyclops IIC (1 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 heavy laser + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (24/29 armor remains)! TAC!

E2 Wolf Spider
- Fires ER PPC at X1 Banshee IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (32/47 armor remains)!
- Fires ER PPC at X1 Banshee IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (15/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at X8 Dervish (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/10 armor remains)!

E3 Copperhead
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at X5 Marauder X3 Po (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement – 2 pulse = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (5/15 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at X3 Po (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at X3 Po (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, 16 missiles hit Right Arm (6/11 armor remains), Left Arm (6/11 armor remains), Head (4/9 armor remains (Pilot hit!)), Left Leg (13/14 armor remains)!

E4 Rifleman IIC
- Holds fire!

E5 Swordbreaker
- Activates Clan Neural Implants!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at X5 Marauder (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy laser - 1 neural implants = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (6/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at X5 Marauder (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy laser - 1 neural implants = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (19/35 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X5 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 neural implants = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (8/15 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X5 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 neural implants = 4): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/22 armor, 11/12 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X5 Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 neural implants = 4): rolled 4, hit Right Leg (0/18 armor, 12/16 structure remains)! Crit!

F1 Swordbreaker
- Fires ER Large Laser at X14 Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (24/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at X10 Mongoose (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (24/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X10 Mongoose (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (17/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X10 Mongoose (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (25/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at X10 Mongoose (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (18/32 armor remains)!

F4 Seagull
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at X3 Po (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at X3 Po (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (/ armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at X3 Po (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, fails to lock on!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at X3 Po (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, fails to lock on!

End Phase:
E2 Wolf Spider
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

X3 Po
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 9, succeeds!

X4 Merlin
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (1 base + 3 gyro hit = 4): rolled 12, succeeds!

X5 Marauder
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (1 base + 1 massive damage = 2): automatic success!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Medium Laser hit!
- Critical chance in Right Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Lower Leg Actuator hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (1 base + 1 leg actuator hit + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 5, succeeds!

X12 Cyclops IIC
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (0 base + 1 massive damage = 1): automatic success!
- Through Armor Critical Chance in Left Leg! No hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
X12 Cyclops IIC
- Kicks E1 Sohei (0 base + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods + 1 smoke + 2 Clanner - 2 kick = 6): rolled 3, miss!

X7 Blackjack
- Kicks F4 Seagull (2 base + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heavy woods - 2 kick = 9): rolled 4, miss!

E1 Sohei
- Kicks X12 Cyclops IIC (1 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 clanner - 1 EI Implants - 2 kick = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (13/29 armor remains)!

End Phase:
Doesn’t matter, nobody can actually fail a piloting test here

“What did he say?” Emil Voronov asked incredulously.

“Our ‘reinforcements’ will be landing in ten hours,” Lukas Boehm grumped. “It seems the Fox decided to raid the henhouse early.”

Grim as the Atlas he’d inherited, Emil stared out the Atlas’ windscreen. His was the biggest `Mech on the battlefield, and its skull-like visage towered head and shoulders over the slender trees. Emil’s eyes swept from `Mech to `Mech as he calculated how many he could lose and still have any chance at punching through up to a battalion of Davion `Mechs that would likely land at the spaceport.

“This fight is no longer one we can afford,” he decided even before one of Tjris Amirault’s heavy lasers punched clear through the rear armor of Jabel’s Merlin. The dark-haired Russian’s fists clenched involuntarily around his joysticks. He toggled his radio, re-opening his private frequency with the Clan traitor Wilberforce.

“Is there anything in the Clan rules for warfare we can exploit here?” he queried. The line crackled for a few moments as the Clan `Mechwarrior hesitated; or perhaps simply double-checked to avoid they weren’t being eavesdropped upon again.

“Aff, commander. We could request the right of safcon, but Tjris will be unwilling to grant it. His skill is only outmatched by his vanity.” Wilberforce paused for a few moments before hesitantly offering, “Unless you allow me to reveal your true origins—and the reason for your assault—to him. I believe I may be able convince him that granting us safcon would be in his best interest. Right now, he has no hope to abandon this world because of us, but if we were to return a dropship to him—”

Mission Objective:

Defeat Clan Forces (4/10)

Or

Players Agree to Wilberforce’s Plan (0/11)

Key:
X1 Banshee IIC, X2 Archer, X3 Po
X4 Merlin, X5 Marauder, X6 Hunchback
X7 Blackjack, X8 Dervish, X9 Vindicator
X10 Mongoose, X11 Hussar, X12 Cyclops IIC
X13 Exterminator IIC, X14 Atlas

Enemy Movement Mods:
Don’t matter this turn.
E1 Sohei: +3 Jumped
E2 Wolf Spider: +3 Jumped
E3 Copperhead: +0
E4 Rifleman IIC: +2 Jumped
E5 Swordbreaker: +2
F4 Seagull: +4 Jumped

Player `Mech Status

Enemy `Mech Status

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 12, 2012

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Well this is an interesting turn of events. You guys are clearly winning this fight, but sticking around will make the Davions the one true winner.

...Not that I am opposed to that outcome, of course.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 12, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Join forces! Form Clan Capellan Capybara and conquer the foul space feudalists! After hearing about their use of midgets and their penchant for insane Germanic princesses, I think we can all agree that they must be killed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well as the voice in Wilberforce's head I'm inclined to agree with his plan.

But if/when we do bail off-planet, we should leave some graffiti with the Death's Head on the spaceport. That oughta tick'em off. It would also be interesting if these negotiations led to a Death Commandos and Clanners team-up against a whole battalion of Davions for a chance to evacuate the planet. Naturally, this would be the most demanding of all possible situations to place on PTN's shoulders barring a full-on MW4:Mercs-style company-sized Solaris Championship Grand Melee.

(The MW4 depiction of Solaris FFAs always interested me a lot more than the canon duel-heavy format.)

EDIT: MY SENSE OF DRAMATIC APPROPRIATENESS HAS SURELY HIT THE MARK AGAIN.

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 12, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Stop spoiling mission 4! :argh:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I noticed a small error:

quote:

redacted

I think the Po deserves every moment of glory it can have.

This is also an interesting offer. We're winning the fight here, but it sounds like that will just be more salvage for the Davions...and nobody wants that.

I too am enticed the the potential appeal of a Clan/Commando temporary alliance to punch through the Davion lines and escape with everything you can carry.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 12, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Parley, parley!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Voyager I posted:

I noticed a small error:

I think the Po deserves every moment of glory it can have.

This is also an interesting offer. We're winning the fight here, but it sounds like that will just be more salvage for the Davions...and nobody wants that.

I too am enticed the the potential appeal of a Clan/Commando temporary alliance to punch through the Davion lines and escape with everything you can carry.

Those total to 10, not 8 for the to-hit. Probably just a typo, unless the mods are inaccurate instead of the total number.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
You are correct. My mistake on that one.

Sorry, Po!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Voyager I posted:

I kinda want that.

Though, on the other hand, I did go through a lot to get Wilberforce his ride, so it'd be a shame to see that go to waste.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Oh man. On one hand, I do not want Davions to have any more clan salvage.

On the other hand, I do not want to give up my gun when I can jump and land right in the perfect side arc of E1 and chew him apart.

But... hrm. Crap. Well, I guess I'll wait and see what everyone else says. Because I want to pull that trigger so hard.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Olothreutes posted:

Those total to 10, not 8 for the to-hit. Probably just a typo, unless the mods are inaccurate instead of the total number.

The 'goose killed its target anyway, so I can't even be unhappy about it.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm willing to go along with the safcon plan, but at the same time, I feel like we can win this fight and then get out with a bit more clan tech. Hell, one good turn and we might get the clanners in this fight to surrender. Even if this isn't a fight we can 'afford', we can pack up and leave once this battle is over, an extra 20 seconds or even a minute or two isn't really much time at all compared to 10 hours.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
This is so weird! I want the campaign to continue, but if we agree to safcon, what will happen? A scenario against Davion forces? A temporarily clan alliance? Safcon does seem to be the "right" way to do things.

That turn seemed pretty good too, because we brought down the F1 Swordbreaker. Although, we did get pretty wrecked by the crits.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
gently caress the clans and gently caress Davion. Crush these guys and then crush the newcomers! (Why yes I do hate the players, why do you ask?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Ow! Tits with the torso-twisting. Had not factored that into my planning.

(My planning: herfderf rear arc. :downs:)

• Locked thread