Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Affi posted:

Will Battletech ever introduce aliens to stir things up and how do you feel about that.

Zerglings versus a Firestarter :smug:

This idea is not popular among the majority of BattleTech fandom, if what I've seen in this thread so far is any indication.

Apparently, part of the big appeal of the setting is the recurring theme of man's inhumanity towards man. Adding aliens would screw that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Actually, there are aliens in the BT universe. One book deals with them, in fact. However, the aliens are pretty primitive and the book is pretty bad.

It is also the only book I know of that features a LAM, so I guess it is close to being non-canon.

VVVV Joke's on you. I don't believe in Santa Clause. :v:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 8, 2011

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tarquinn posted:

Actually, there are aliens in the BT universe. One book deals with them, in fact. However, the aliens are pretty primitive and the book is pretty bad.

It is also the only book I know of that features a LAM, so I guess it is close to being non-canon. :v:

Also, supposedly every time you mention that book, Santa Claus gets a tumor. Why do you hate Christmas. :saddowns:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey someone mentioned far country and it wasn't me, what is going on here?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

One of the local guys got the rules on vehicle skids changed when they went to a tournament and abused Savannah Masters and concrete skids.

Let me guess, if you set it up right you can skid farther than you can actually move? A Savannah Master may only weigh 5 tons, but get it up to lightspeed and its bowling for mechs!

Dirt cheap, too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Still waiting on turn 2 orders from someone. If I don't have 'em by tonite, WarLocke will be up.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Still waiting on turn 2 orders from someone. If I don't have 'em by tonite, WarLocke will be up.

:ohdear:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's probably me, sorry. Real life got a little nuts here. Working on them right now.

EDIT: Turn's in. Sorry about that.

Polaron fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 8, 2011

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Details, please?
I'll get him to type up the story for me and post it here later.

Tarquinn posted:

It is also the only book I know of that features a LAM, so I guess it is close to being non-canon.
They're also in Sword and Dagger, and book four of the Twilight of the Clans series has two LAMs, Wolves on the Border having one.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
I remember the old Inception of the Crescent Hawks game having a LAM in it, but I don't recall it being usable. I think it was an old Phoenix Hawk LAM that belonged to the main character's dad? And it was there in the game as a plot point but you couldn't pilot it because the game engine wasn't really equipped to handle something like that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Can we all just agree that LAMs should be relegated to the 'poo poo should have never happened' pile like those aliens? :argh:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

WarLocke posted:

Can we all just agree that LAMs should be relegated to the 'poo poo should have never happened' pile like those aliens? :argh:

You won't be saying that when we have to fight off a star of omnimechs using nothing but LAMs.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

KnoxZone posted:

You won't be saying that when we have to fight off a star of omnimechs using nothing but LAMs.

You better hope that's not the mission I'm in because I will blue-on-blue some motherfuckers

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

Why does everyone keep assuming I'm going to be using LAMs at all when I've already said I hate them and won't be using them for anything but brief fluff references because their mechanics are stupid and a pain in the rear end to keep track of?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PoptartsNinja posted:

Why does everyone keep assuming I'm going to be using LAMs at all when I've already said I hate them and won't be using them for anything but brief fluff references because their mechanics are stupid and a pain in the rear end to keep track of?

Or is that just what you want us to think???

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Sair posted:

Let me guess, if you set it up right you can skid farther than you can actually move? A Savannah Master may only weigh 5 tons, but get it up to lightspeed and its bowling for mechs!

Dirt cheap, too.

Well, that and it allows you to ram even if you technically aren't allowed to ram. Hell, give it an 8/8 pilot and make the whole thing really silly so you can skid out at will.

If something like that is what he means, then I can see why they made up a rule to prevent it.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
I just had kind of a chilling thought: I remember there was some joking about Myndo Waterly being this timeline's Phelan Kell (and how totally screwed she is if so), but we now know that the 2nd Donegal and Caesar Steiner are on the frontline.

But then I went back and looked at who he's up against, and I guess we don't have to worry about anyone going Clan in that particular occupation zone.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Clearly a feeble attempt at luring the players into a false sense of security. :colbert:

And yes, it would make no sense, both mechanically and canonically, but it is still fun to use to scare people.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

PoptartsNinja posted:

Because you're a lying Cardassian? :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ooooh, snake-eyes on damage location roll!

VVV And someone guessed who it was, too!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ooooh, snake-eyes on damage location roll!

AC2 - the killer of men.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Tempest_56 posted:

AC2 - the killer of men.

Oh god, the AC2 did something useful!? :psyduck: I don't know what to believe anymore!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh god, the AC2 did something useful!? :psyduck: I don't know what to believe anymore!

the blackjack just killed half the lance, with split shots :v:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Would be drat amusing if all our awesome luck from the first game went the other way this time.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Mukaikubo posted:

Either our tech engineer dude is a fine red mist now or the Wolverine's engine just stackpoled :v:

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
My money's on a hip TAC. gently caress hip TACs.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Mukaikubo posted:

AC2s have some stupifying range. Isn't getting bullshit crits the only thing they're good for?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

Well, that and it allows you to ram even if you technically aren't allowed to ram. Hell, give it an 8/8 pilot and make the whole thing really silly so you can skid out at will.

If something like that is what he means, then I can see why they made up a rule to prevent it.

Ramming with hovers in general can be pretty broken, especially on the right maps. I used to play on that old megamek.net campaign server when that stuff became epidemic. For a while hovers were just pulled from the build tables completely.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Longinus00 posted:

AC2s have some stupifying range. Isn't getting bullshit crits the only thing they're good for?

That is saved for the lovely SRM or as i call it: the TAC seeker.

:f5:

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Axe-man posted:

That is saved for the lovely SRMLB 20-x or as i call it: the TAC seeker.

:f5:

Fixed.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Go Death Commandos!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mukaikubo posted:

It does have a range long enough to reach out and poke at God...

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

PoptartsNinja posted:

Man what's with all this hate for the LAMS, they're... wait..

<search at sarna later>

OH, oh, poo poo. I was gonna say, the Laser AMS is awesome wtf. Yeah, gently caress LAMs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hostage Situation: Tactical Update 3

Movement Phase
La Dama Muerta uses Distracting Tirade (needs 6, rolls 6)
No Hostages Killed
D3 Cataphract moves to 1112 (4 hexes)

Combat Phase:
ST Hunchback does not fire
ST Gains 1 heat, sinks 13

F Catapult fires LRM 15 at D4 Blackjack (3 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 7, Miss!
F Catapult fires LRM 15 at D4 Blackjack (3 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, hit with 12 missiles! Hit left arm (7/12 armor remains), hit left torso (10/15 armor remains), hit head (7/9 armor remains)!
F Catapult gains 11 heat, sinks 15!

SS Rifleman fires Large Laser at D4 Blackjack (4 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!
SS Rifleman fires AC 5 at D4 Blackjack (4 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 2, miss!
SS Rifleman fires AC 5 at D4 Blackjack (4 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit left arm (2/12 armor remains)!
SS Rifleman gains 11 heat, sinks 10! Now at Overheat 1

Sw Wolverine fires medium laser at D4 Blackjack (3 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 4 range = 10): rolled 7, miss!
Sw Wolverine gains 5 heat, sinks 14!

FY Lancelot cannot fire at D4 Blackjack, no Line of Sight!
FY Lancelot gains 1 heat, sinks 26!

D3 Cataphract cannot fire at Sw Wolverine, no Line of Sight!
D3 Cataphract gains 2 heat, sinks 16

D4 Blackjack fires AC 2 at Sw Wolverine (3 base + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 range = 6): rolled 7, hit left leg (17/19 armor remains)! snake-eyes through-armor critical chance!
D4 Blackjack fires AC 2 at Sw Wolverine (3 base + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 range = 6): rolled 7, hit center torso (23/25 armor remains)!
D4 Blackjack gains 5 heat, sinks 11!

End Phase
SW Wolverine sustains no criticals!
D4 Blackjack must make piloting test to remain conscious (needs 3+): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
No physical combat takes place
[mech] attacks [mech] ( base + movement + enemy movement = ): rolled .

End Phase:

The Navajo Wolf cursed into the comms. Annie thought about asking what was wrong, but was too intimidated. Bunny Bear asked, but the Navajo Wolf ignored him.

“What’s wrong?” Clueless asked over the comms.

Bobby grunted, “damned Blackjack put a shot through my armor—heard it rattling around in the left leg, but I’m not reading any actual damage. Skinwalker is fine.”

The way he said ‘skinwalker’ sent a shiver down Annie’s spine. Staying silent, she focused, channeling that fear the way her pa had always told her. She dropped her crosshairs over the blackjack, fired, thought she’d scored a hit… but it was really hard to tell with all those LRMs going off all over.

“Vindicator,” she announced mechanically as the ‘mech with a bizarre armored helmet crested a low ridge.

“The Frankenstein is a bigger threat,” Engine Joe replied, “It’s coming up on us a lot quicker than I expected.”

Enemy Forces
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
D2 VND-1R Vindicator
D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
I1 Capellan Militia
I2 Capellan Militia
I3 Death Commando Infantry
I4 Capellan Militia
V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
V3 Goblin Medium Tank
V4 SRM Carrier

Turn 4 OpForce Movement:
D1 Ran to 0906 (5 hexes)
D2 Ran to 1516 (4 hexes)
D4 Reversed to 0915 (3 hexes)
I1 Remained Stationary
I2 Rides V1
I3 Rides V3
I4 Rides V1
V1 Flanked to 1106 (1 hex (movement costs doubled, not on pavement))
V2 Cruised to 1111 (2 hexes)
V3 Flanked to 1110 (5 hexes)
V4 Remained Stationary
D3 Waiting to Move

Mission Objectives
Hostages: 20/20
Rescue the Hostages – Not All Hostages Die, All Capellan Infantry Surrenders or Destroyed! (Total Victory)
Bury the Hostages – All Hostages Die but All Capellan Forces Destroyed (Partial Victory)

SS “Lil’ Sure Shot” RFL-3N Rifleman
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 22/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
RL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Annie Sue Hurd
Mechwarrior Player: Tempest_56
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
AC5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 18, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
AC5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-mounted weapons into rear arc.

S2 Scout Snipers
Platoon(4/4)
Type: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Player: Tempest_56
Movement MP: 1
Range: 6 hexes
Notes: May snipe or double-tap at infantry or vehicles. Arrives in 2 turns via unspecified transport.

St “Stubby” HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium Class)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 26/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 5
Mechwarrior Name: Andre “Clueless” Norris
Mechwarrior Player: Polaron
Armament:
AC20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)

La Dama Muerta
Player: Polaron
May either use a Distracting Tirade or Mock and Berate the Capellans once per turn.

FY “Sir gently caress You” LNC25-01 Lancelot
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 21/21 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
LL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
RL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
Heat Sinks: 13 (double capacity)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Rebecca “Divot” Moss
Mechwarrior Player: bunnyofdoom
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

S1 Scout Sapper
Player: bunnyofdoom
May use either a booby traps on enemy infantry within 4 hexes, or pyrotechnics on an enemy ‘Mech within 6. Has 2 MP.
May use either ability this turn!

F “Firewalker” CPLT-C1 Catapult
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 24/24 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
RA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
LL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
RL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Engine Joe” Running Wild
Mechwarrior Player: Red_Mage
Armament:
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – LA (Heat: 5, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

TA Tech Platoon APC
Weight: 10 tons (Light)
Front A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Left A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Right A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Turret A(S): 4/4 (1/1)
Rear A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Movement: 6/9
Driver: Pilot 4, Gunnery 6
Player: Red_Mage
Tank Status: Ok!
Armament:
Machine Gun – Turret (Ammo: 200, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: Currently Carrying Tech Platoon

TP Tech Platoon (30/30)
Type: SRM Infantry
Weapon: SRM
Gunnery: 5
Anti-Mech: 3
Player: Red_Mage
Movement MP: 2
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -1, 1-2: 0, 3-4: +2, 5-6 +4
Notes: 1 round of Inferno ammo, currently carried by TA APC

SW “Skinwalker” WVR-6M Wolverine
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 23/25 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 17/19 (13/13)
RL A(S):19/19 (13/13)
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Navajo Wolf” Bobby Begay
Mechwarrior Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Armament:
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)
Special Ability: Eights to Aces (2/2)

S3 Scout Company(30/30)
Type: Caballeros Scouts
Weapon: Submachine Guns and Grenades
Gunnery: 3
Anti-Mech: 4
Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Movement MP: 3
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -2, 1: 0, 2: +3
Notes: Double damage to all targets at range 0, deals an extra d6 to all targets at range 1, Arrives in 3 turns

T1 Unspecified Transport (Arrives in 1 turn)

Enemy Status
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
Damage: None
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

D2 VND-1R Vindicator
Notes:

D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
Notes: Ace Pilot

D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
Notes:

I1 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes:

I2 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes: Being Transported by Heavy APC

I3 Death Commando Infantry (21/21)
Armament: SRM
Notes: Being Transported By Goblin Medium Tank

I4 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Flamer
Notes: Being Transported by Heavy APC

V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
Armament: 6 Machine Guns
Notes:

V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
Armament: AC 10, AC 10, SRM 6
Notes:

V3 Goblin Medium Tank
Armament: Large Laser, Machine Gun
Notes: Transporting I3

V4 SRM Carrier
Armament: SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 9, 2013

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Stop backing up, you stupid Blackjack! I want to smite you! :argh:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wow, they're really coming out to meet you. I'd assumed they'd stick close to the hostages and try to engage at range or make you take a few extra turns walking toward them so they can kill some hostages, but looks like you'll be getting proper stuck in next turn.

Lucky that through-armour critical didn't do any damage, but too bad that LRM hit on the Blackjack's head just grazed it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Looking at the board, the lance might want to maneuver to the center/right of the board and concentrate on either the Blackjack or the Vindicator. Let the Cataphract advance for another turn, then exercise your "Preempt" special ability and all blast the hell out of him turn after next.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Holy goddamn, that sure was something.

Music for the round: Pistolero (Mariachi mix)

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 8, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Notgothic posted:

I just had kind of a chilling thought: I remember there was some joking about Myndo Waterly being this timeline's Phelan Kell (and how totally screwed she is if so), but we now know that the 2nd Donegal and Caesar Steiner are on the frontline.

But then I went back and looked at who he's up against, and I guess we don't have to worry about anyone going Clan in that particular occupation zone.

Caesar Steiner will smote those bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Hmm - not sure I approve of the Vindicator driver's move, here, unless he's planning on punching his jets next turn. The Blackjack has the right idea, and is in a perfect place to move into partial cover next turn and play turret. If the armor takes cover in the woods and the 'phract follows suit, then they can punish the attackers as they try to close, especially the Hunchback and the relatively thin-skinned Rifleman.

Even with the Caballero's advantage in mech numbers, I'd still give the edge in this fight to the Death Commandos - though they really need to get their first salvo off cleanly or things could get ugly.

• Locked thread